NATION

PASSWORD

Meridia - A World of Myth, Magic, and Science

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Entronium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Entronium » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:28 pm

How about the Mori?

Wevaria
Civilian

Founded: Mar 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Wevaria » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Name of Nation: The Kingdom of Wevaria
Primary Race(s): Human (45%)
High-Elf (26%)
Wood-elf (11%)
Dwarf (6%)
Other (12%)
Society: 5, All tribes and states were united under the House of Dolfham, and the National Congress.
Technology: 4, Most of the populace use steel regulary, and most mines and refineries are found in the Mountains of Tranquility. The nation is known for its formidable siege machinery, like it's triple plated heavy duty battery rams
Economy: 3, The economy is struggling. Although the people can manage, the economy is dismal compared to 5 years ago.
Magic: 2, some of the citizens can use magic, and there is a Mage Corps in the military, although it is uncommon
Area Claimed: 9, 10, 11, 16, 19 (Noreia), capital is in southern 9
Brief History: For centuries, the states of the Wevarian region, although not allies, lived in a state of peace. The states, Pulgary, made up of Wood-elves in the deeper forested south, Ashtoe, dwarves in the northwestern mountains, and Norrel, made up of High-elves and Humans in the plains and lighter forests. Then the Shadow came. Although skeptical at first, the Wevarian states soon learned its effect and the power of its demons, and created an alliance, and combined their armies under the same banner. Even though this army fought its hardest, and was more than capable against any other threat, was just simply overwhelmed. Although rather unofficial, Most historians say that was when the Kingdom of Wevaria was born. The demons broke the spirit of the people, a small minority still kept hope, and formed a resistance. The Regional Congress, a precourser to the National Congress, voted Field Marshal Gormer Dolfham, the supreme commander of the Combined Army, to be King Gormer I, of the House of Dolfham. They planned resistance attacks, targeting supply depots and command centers. Even though this came to avail, the resisters didn't give up home, keep thinking that one more attack would cause damage. Then one day, as King Alber XVI and his advisers were planning a raid at a demon slave camp, The Shadow vanished and light returned. Just as mysterious as it came. When the dust settled, the people of the original Wevarian region united under on nation, with a monarch, national congress, and an popularly elected Chancellor. 5 years ago, the Wevarian economy plummeted, and millions lost their jobs overnight. An Wood-Elf nationalist group, known as the Pulgar Garrison, gained instant support as the group blamed others races for their woes. This boiled over when Chancellor Ilvyn Korstina, the first Wood-Elf in 30 years, was impeached for his inability to handle the crisis, and PG supporters hailed him as a martyr, even though Korstina was an advent cynic of the group. Salman Axeview, Korstina's Deputy Chancellor, and the first Dwarf in close to a century to be Chancellor was sworn in to a country high in tension.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:10 pm

Wevaria wrote:Snip

Could you be somewhat more specific in regards to these areas:

Society

What is your culture like? Don't have to be too in-depth, but give me a feel for what you're thinking.

History

While it's mostly good, please give some more information about your nation during the Shadow. While you said you were beaten, the fact that you kept up an organized resistance is a bit suspect. Seems more like France during WWII, with a "free state" still in parts of the nation. You must think of the Shadow more like the Conquistadors and the Aztecs. But if the Conquistadors outnumbered the Aztecs, and had weaponized smallpox. And instead of arquebuses, they had M60 machine guns.

Sacred Scrolls
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sacred Scrolls » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Taledonia wrote:
MERIDIA

A land of myth and magic, science and exploration, and infinite possibities.

PREAMBLE

A new world. A new roleplaying landscape.

Meridia was created to provide an in-depth and unique experience for Nation States players looking to expand into a new group. Set in an age of gunpowder and magic, and featuring a shared history, the world of Meridia is meant to offer a sandbox experience for anyone wishing to play. From nomadic tribesmen to stately global empires, thriving through science and technology or reveling in sorcery and commerce, the possibilities are endless.

STEM

At the heart of Meridia's worldbuilding is the STEM system. STEM stands for Society, Technology, Economy and Magic, and serves as an overview of player nations. When registering, players are required to fill out their STEM ratings, which will give them the beginnings of their nations. From this chosen STEM, players are free to create whatever suits their fancy, so long as it remains within the confines of their chosen STEM ratings.

For more information on STEM ratings, please visit Meridia's website(Click here to go directly to STEM page.)

REGISTRATION

To become apart of the world of Meridia, simply fill out the form below. When choosing one's STEM rankings, please give a brief description of how you're envisioning your nation in regards to the chosen level. All applicants get a total of 14 points to be distributed as they choose among the STEM categories.

Please note, all applications will be reviewed by myself and will be subject to my judgement.

Code: Select all
[b]Name of Nation: [/b]Name of your nation
[b]Primary Race(s):[/b] What are your primary races?
[b]Society:[/b] Society rank and brief description
[b]Technology:[/b] Technology rank and brief description
[b]Economy:[/b] Economy rank and brief description
[b]Magic:[/b] Magic rank and brief description.
[b]Area Claimed: [/b]Provinces you wish to claim
[b]Brief History:[/b] Give a brief account of your people.  Not required, but nice to have.

Application Example

Name of Nation: The Techno-Mages of the Shield
Primary Race(s): Dwarves
Society: 1
The Techno-Mages of the Shield are jealous and distrustful. Living in isolated towers and workshops high in the Shield Mountains, they have as little contact with the outside world as they possibly can. With a small household of servants, each Tech-Mage is but a small enclave, fending for themselves.
Technology: 7
Masters of technology, the Techno-Mages have created various wonders of metal and steam. From flying machines to towering mechanized golems to incredibly accurate guns and cannons. As an added bonus, every Mage has his own indoor plumbing, truly a marvel in this day and age!
Economy: 2(+1 for level 7 Technology)
Despite their mastery of technology, the Techno-Mages have but a small economy, capable of sustaining their own needs and interesting foreign traders, but commanding little respect or true wealth.
Magic: 4(+1 for level 7 Technology)
With a commanding knowledge of magic, the Techno-Mages channel the arcane forces into their mechanical creations. These unholy abominations of magic and steel are wonders that will befuddle all lesser minds.
Area Claimed: None allowed, but the Techno-Mages are found scattered about the Shield Mountains (Province 21 and 26 of the continent of Braeca.)
Despite having no recognized claim to the mountains, the Mages consider it their ancestral home, and do not take kindly to interlopers.

Name of Nation: The Kingdom of the Sacred Scrolls of Jala
Primary Race(s): Asmans, Sneken, Fintiles, Hylians
Society: 5
The Sacred Scrolls prides itself on its national unity, managing to keep the multiple races in its land together. Although it has failed to do this in the past, the modern day Kingdom is united.
Technology: 3
The Kingdom depends on other lands to create their technology. The little tech created within is in Hyrule Province, and even there it’s limited.
Economy: 3
The Kingdom has a slightly below avarage economy, and claims that the only economy it needs its to sustain its people.
Magic: 3
The Sneken and Asmen have a good understanding of the art known as “Magic”, but not enough to be considered major.
Area Claimed: Provinces 22,22,21,19,15,20,14,18,16, and 17 of Elysa

The lower areas are considered to be the homelands of the ancient Sneken and Fintilians, with the Hylians and Asman coming from the north.

(I don’t think this is good, but imma try anyways.)

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:29 pm

Sacred Scrolls wrote:Name of Nation: The Kingdom of the Sacred Scrolls of Jala
The Sacred Scrolls prides itself on its national unity, managing to keep the multiple races in its land together. Although it has failed to do this in the past, the modern day Kingdom is united.
The Kingdom depends on other lands to create their technology. The little tech created within is in Hyrule Province, and even there it’s limited.
The Kingdom has a slightly below avarage economy, and claims that the only economy it needs its to sustain its people.
The Sneken and Asmen have a good understanding of the art known as “Magic”, but not enough to be considered major.

The lower areas are considered to be the homelands of the ancient Sneken and Fintilians, with the Hylians and Asman coming from the north.

Trust your instincts!

First I will say that, while I personally don't have an issue with another Hyrule(as real life is rife with places sharing the same name), I'd suggest you check with our current Hyrulian nation, Hylia Magna, to see if he/she minds.

Secondly, I need information on your races. Pictures would be great if you had them, but definitely a physical description.

The next issue is your land claims. Society tier 5 allows you to claim 6 starting provinces. You have asked for 9.

Finally, I'd like more general information on each of the tiers and how you're thinking of playing.

Society
What is your form of government, and how are you kept so unified? What's life like in your nation?

Technology
You've selected iron age tech. Can we assume you're at a tech level similar to that of the Roman Empire or earlier?

Economy
With such a poor economy, how do you maintain your Society Tier 5 nation? Why does everyone listen to the government when the government has very few resources to force them to/persuade them to?

Magic
What's the general view of magic in your nation? Seems only two races can use it, so are they celebrated? Ostracized? Hated and hunted down? Do they constantly use their powers for the benefit of themselves and others, or do they hide it or use it for nefarious purposes?

Sacred Scrolls
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacred Scrolls » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Taledonia wrote:
Sacred Scrolls wrote:Name of Nation: The Kingdom of the Sacred Scrolls of Jala

Trust your instincts!

First I will say that, while I personally don't have an issue with another Hyrule(as real life is rife with places sharing the same name), I'd suggest you check with our current Hyrulian nation, Hylia Magna, to see if he/she minds.

Secondly, I need information on your races. Pictures would be great if you had them, but definitely a physical description.

The next issue is your land claims. Society tier 5 allows you to claim 6 starting provinces. You have asked for 9.

Finally, I'd like more general information on each of the tiers and how you're thinking of playing.

Society
What is your form of government, and how are you kept so unified? What's life like in your nation?

Technology
You've selected iron age tech. Can we assume you're at a tech level similar to that of the Roman Empire or earlier?

Economy
With such a poor economy, how do you maintain your Society Tier 5 nation? Why does everyone listen to the government when the government has very few resources to force them to/persuade them to?

Magic
What's the general view of magic in your nation? Seems only two races can use it, so are they celebrated? Ostracized? Hated and hunted down? Do they constantly use their powers for the benefit of themselves and others, or do they hide it or use it for nefarious purposes?

1) I’ll remove the Hylians.
2) I’ll make a factbook when I get home.
3) Okay, take away the 4 most northern provinces.
4) The Government is a religious monarchy. It’s kept tight due to the tight, tyrannical rule of the Sneken lords. For the Sneken, life is, well, trumpish. For everyone else, life is at the line of “unpleasant but survivable”. People don’t demand change, because they fear what will happen if they do.
5)Take one from Magic. We don’t need it. :D
6) The Sneken take all the wealth and keep it. This is pretty much overall. 2/3 of those new points are for te Sneken.
7) Those who have the magic (the Sneken) are seen as the chosen ones of the god, Jala, and are worshipped. They constantly use their powers to satisfy themselves.

Anymore to add?

Okay, here are my possible numbers:
S: 5
T: 3
E: 5
M: 1
Last edited by Sacred Scrolls on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:42 am

Do you have the factbook created for your races, Sacred Scrolls?

Please state which provinces you want, so that there's no confusion. Saying "remove the 4 most northern provinces" could create confusion.

Everything else looks good, except that at a level 1 magic, can you elaborate on the powers of the Sneken?

Sacred Scrolls
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sacred Scrolls » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Taledonia wrote:Do you have the factbook created for your races, Sacred Scrolls?

Please state which provinces you want, so that there's no confusion. Saying "remove the 4 most northern provinces" could create confusion.

Everything else looks good, except that at a level 1 magic, can you elaborate on the powers of the Sneken?

1-I will make them this weekend.
2-Okay, I’ll post a link for muh land.
3-The Sneken are able of slight-self regeneration, although that’s mostly not magic. They are also slightly pyrokenetic.

Entronium
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Entronium » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:49 am

I posted finally

Also I dont see my coloniy in Aleria provence 17 the rings of fire
Is it not considered a colony yet?
Last edited by Entronium on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Entronium
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Entronium » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 am

Its quiet here suddenly

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:21 am

It happens. My RP is moving along, haven't looked at the other ones lately.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:38 am

I have some draft that needs to be finished. Anywyas, is it okay if my naga have semi-controllable shapeshifting? They have a human form, but they don't get to choose it and are stuck with the same human form for the rest of their lives.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:41 am

Yeah that's perfectly fine. You have a magic level of 2, so go for it.

The Srasain Forests
Secretary

Founded: Jul 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Srasain Forests » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:24 pm

Name of Nation: The Srasain Forests
Primary Race(s): Kechaat (lizardfolk)
Society: 2
The Srasain have a very different social structure compared to mammals, even down to the familial level. When a Srasain woman is pregnant, she goes with her tribe to lay her eggs at the foot of a Grand Tree, one that, thanks to years of being used for these purposes, has grown to enormous sizes and is imbued with magic. The Treeminders (aka Treekeepers) watch over the trees and the eggs until they hatch. They are raised until they are fifteen years of age, at which time, they may either be drafted into the Treeminder Order or may join a passing tribe. There are around 300 tribes of the Srasain, and from each of them, a leader is chosen to represent the tribe, and from those leaders, another leader is selected to represent the Srasain, alongside the other leaders of the Srasain, including military, religious and legal leaders.
Technology: 1
Srasain technology is very basic, only at the level of spears, knives, bows and arrows and leather armour and shields. They make up for this technological inferiority by having some excellent natural traits, including poison glands within two fangs on their upper jaw, high levels of strength, the ability to climb objects very easily and fairly decent senses. The only materials used in the production of weapons and buildings are bones, leathers, stone and wood.
The Srasain exist largely on the merits of their own or their tribe's subsistence, hunting and gathering all the equipment and resources they need and not possessing any more advanced mechanisms of social economics. However, thanks to an infusing of magic, the forests are plentiful in the resources that the Srasain need.
Magic: 6
The Srasain are very advanced in magic, and possess an affinity for magic from birth. While many in their society prefer to focus on other facets of self-development (military strength, learning, justice etc.), everyone within the Forests possesses some degree of magical knowledge and power. The magical leaders of the Srasain people are the Treekeepers, to whom magic comes most easily. The Treekeepers raise every child in the Forests, and if one shows particular promise with magic, they are drafted into the Treekeepers. The Treekeepers focus on the natural magics, such as magical botany, control over some natural phenomena and allowing their forests to be almost impenetrable by outsiders.
Area Claimed: Province #9 (Eastern Palatine Jungles).
Brief History:
The Kechaat evolved hundreds of thousands of years ago from lizards. Over time, these populations of lizards moved in around trees and throughout forests, with some hatching around trees that possessed a special connection to magic in the world. As such, the lizards evolved in close connection to magic, and it became inseparable from them. Over time, the small groups of nomadic Kechaat became small bands of people, around 10 or 20 Kechaat at a time, before their connection to magic forced them to collaborate much more closely, soon becoming tribes of anywhere from tens up to thousands of Kechaat. The Treeminders were founded long ago as an oral repository for Srasain magic and knowledge, and as the guardians of children in the Forests.

The Shadow's covering of the planet caused much disturbance amongst the Srasain. Many Treeminders attempted to use magic in order to remove the Shadow, but it was almost entirely ineffectual. The most that the Srasain were able to do was keep comfort in their own company, using their natural connection with magic and each other as their tenuous link to sanity and a feeling of safety. The tribes soon became much closer, forming many alliances before joining together in an official confederation in fear and opposition to the Shadow. When the shadow left the land, the Srasain retained this closeness. While petty squabbles do still exist within the forests, they largely work together to advance their race. They have not yet come into contact with humanity, something which may well spell their downfall if their magic, geography and military cannot save them.
Last edited by The Srasain Forests on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tier 0 Tribal Confederation - Just with Lizards...

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:59 am

After seeing Taledonia's last post in Old & New, I'm getting more sure about establishing a post-apocalyptic setting for Meridia. What do you guys think?
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:09 am

The Srasain Forests wrote:snip

A very nice application! Just a few comments that need some clarification:

Kechaat
Lizardfolk, sure, but can you give some sort of example? Are they like Argonians? Or perhaps the Lizardmen of Warhammer Fantasy? Something so I can picture it, and write a decent blurb about them on the website.

STEM Points
While there is nothing wrong with what you've done, and I no doubt believe you did this on purpose for the sake of the character of your nation, you can spend 2 more points if you would like. Once again, though, you have no need to do it, and could always save them to demonstrate changes due to "discovery" by more advanced societies.

Flag
Use your NS flag or do you have an alternate you'd like to use?

A m e n r i a wrote:After seeing Taledonia's last post in Old & New, I'm getting more sure about establishing a post-apocalyptic setting for Meridia. What do you guys think?

My last post was just establishing Taledonian lore. You must remember that no one really knows how the Shadow came to be, or how it lifted. Everyone can make up their own stories, so long as it fits with the general tale as described on the website. But I could be missing your point entirely. Are you once again referring to a precursor RP? Something set in the time the Shadow was just appearing?

The Srasain Forests
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Srasain Forests » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Taledonia wrote:Kechaat
Lizardfolk, sure, but can you give some sort of example? Are they like Argonians? Or perhaps the Lizardmen of Warhammer Fantasy? Something so I can picture it, and write a decent blurb about them on the website.

Aha! Yes, that is true. The majority of information about them can be found here, with a picture here.

Taledonia wrote:STEM Points
While there is nothing wrong with what you've done, and I no doubt believe you did this on purpose for the sake of the character of your nation, you can spend 2 more points if you would like. Once again, though, you have no need to do it, and could always save them to demonstrate changes due to "discovery" by more advanced societies.

Yeah, the latter part was my intention - save them for use when other people come and find us. Although I do admit - lizardmen with muskets does sound awesome! :p

Taledonia wrote:Flag
Use your NS flag or do you have an alternate you'd like to use?

The NS flag is the one most associated with Srasain identity, yes, though it must be remembered that there is no 'official' national symbol, as technically the Forests are not a 'nation'. The Protector Cross is just a symbol that the Srasain believe protects their forests from outside incursion.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Wonderful, on all counts. You are approved.

The Srasain Forests
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Srasain Forests » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Taledonia wrote:Wonderful, on all counts. You are approved.

Hurrah! Many thanks!

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 pm

I was thinking of lore before the shadow appeared. People were so depressed and pessimistic with war, shitty politicians, ridiculously high expectation of students, etc that everyone wished for the end of the world. So the shadow came and things happened so the world was sent back to the 1800s from the 2020s or some PMT date.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Still no. Meridia was never that advanced. The world is not meant to be that way, or have that as either official or unofficial history. With exception to the Shadow, of course. But the rest of the world was at most able to produce the steel horse.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Steel horse?

The Srasain Forests
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Srasain Forests » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:41 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:Steel horse?

I'm guessing Taledonia means iron horse, though I may be wrong.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Yes, iron was what I meant. I thought it was steel.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Question: does a nation which starts with 6 tech and advances to 7 tech gain 2 bonus economy points? Does the same go for society?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information