NATION

PASSWORD

Meridia - A World of Myth, Magic, and Science

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:30 pm

Taledonia wrote:As Taledonians are starting to be everywhere, including Alakhai, I'd be game for shooting your junks with proper Royal Navy vessels having some sort of first contact.

I do eat people and raise the dead. You come on my warm sands than I will hunt you down.

A m e n r i a wrote:I think you guys should meet me on the island. Accidentally stumbling upon each other during exploration sounds okay.

That's fine
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Bokhtar
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bokhtar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:19 pm

Name of Nation: Kingdom of Bokhtar
Primary Race(s): The Kamat (pictured right), a catlike race who superficially resemble members of the genus Panthera. As a rule, females are approximately 150 to 163 cm in height and males are 165 to 178 cm.

Society:
4While cohesive institutions do exist and a common law is adhered to by most, regional identities and loyalties pervade to the detriment of a unified Bokhtaran identity, and vassal lords rule their satrapies like little sovereign kingdoms.

Technology: Technology rank and brief description
5Gunpowder is known but is not in widespread use. Shipbuilding technology exists, but we're not a particularly seafaring race of people. The natural sciences are an extremely fashionable pursuit, however, and advances in animal husbandry and agricultural practices are being made year-by-year.

Economy: Economy rank and brief description
4While not "modern" compared to our neighbours per sé, production and extraction needs are largely met, and even the lower and middle classes have begun to look for more fulfillment in life — modest comforts for the lower echelons, and decadent luxuries for the upper.

Magic: Magic rank and brief description.
1Although Bokhtaran legends tell of a time when our people possessed great arcane prowess, nowadays only a very few individuals are able to tap into that magical energy. Those individuals, who are either gifted with clairvoyance, restorative, or minor alterative powers are usually very quickly recruited into the Sun Temples.

Area Claimed: Alakhai 7, 5, 4, 2
Brief History:
The history of the Bokhtarans is shrouded in some mystery. It isn't known which lands they inhabited during the reign of the Shadow, although legends tell of a mythical ancient King named Ma'eeq leading the ancestors of the Bokhtarans out of a land called Kamat (from whence the name of the Kamat race who dominate Bokhtar). All that is known for certain is that the Bokhtarans and their polities have been present in the grazelands of northern Alakahai since the recession of the Shadow during the first era.

Regional identities and variances exist, but the Kamat of Bokhtar are united by a common lingua franca, which they call Ariyo. They also share a common religion — a polytheistic religion in which the Sun itself is venerated as the primary deity and ruler of the heavens. Another uniting cultural element is the Râh e Kamat hâ (ροἣ η Καματ ὁ), a code of ethical conduct by which all Kamat are expected to live by.

The numerous Kamat polities have recently been lashed together into something of a Confederation-Kingdom under one of the more powerful lords in the southeast (Alakhai 7). The conquest was largely bloodless, as Kamat internal warfare is based less on the destruction of an opponent and more on the display of bravery and prowess. Other lords in the area of Bokhtar retain their realms, but bend knee to their King of Kings, to whom they provide resources and soldiers for the common defense of the entire realm.
Last edited by Bokhtar on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ποδεσῐοἱ ἠ Βοχταρ — Kingdom of Bokhtar
Member of Meridia — a World of Myth, Magic, and Science

Taledonia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:59 pm

Looks good, Bokhtar, welcome to Meridia!

Bokhtar
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Bokhtar » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:11 pm

Taledonia wrote:Looks good, Bokhtar, welcome to Meridia!

Thank you!
Olthenia wrote:cat-clans

Cat clans, you say? My premise is a feline-humanoid race that left their native lands to settle another part of the world under the direction of a mysterious Messiah-like figure, maybe we can roll in that we're somehow related?

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Bokhtar wrote:
Taledonia wrote:Looks good, Bokhtar, welcome to Meridia!

Thank you!
Olthenia wrote:cat-clans

Cat clans, you say? My premise is a feline-humanoid race that left their native lands to settle another part of the world under the direction of a mysterious Messiah-like figure, maybe we can roll in that we're somehow related?

Sure thing. In fact, it'd be weird if we weren't!

Also? Welcome aboard.

Bokhtar
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Bokhtar » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:48 pm

Olthenia wrote:
Bokhtar wrote:Thank you!

Also? Welcome aboard.

I'm still working on the mythos of the Kamat race, but we can coordinate things sometime in the near future

Also, if it's not too much trouble at this point, I'd like to relinquish my claim to Alakhai region 2 and make my territory just Alakhai 4, 5, and 7
Last edited by Bokhtar on Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:57 pm

Bokhtar wrote:
Olthenia wrote:

Also? Welcome aboard.

I'm still working on the mythos of the Kamat race, but we can coordinate things sometime in the near future

Also, if it's not too much trouble at this point, I'd like to relinquish my claim to Alakhai region 2 and make my territory just Alakhai 4, 5, and 7

Got'cha. Send me a telegram sometime, and we can get right to it.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Bokhtar wrote:
Olthenia wrote:

Also? Welcome aboard.

No trouble. Usually takes me some time to update the maps.

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Nova Corina Application

Postby Nova Corina » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:06 am

Name of Nation: Nova Corina
Primary Race(s): Humans make up the majority, but nagas, elves, and aventi do live on some of Nova Corina's islands, and are tolerated by the human population. However, like the humans, these races do not use magic.
Society: 5 - Nationalism - Although a system of nobles does exist, they have a low amount of autonomy, and the people of Nova Corina think of themselves as citizens of a nation.
Technology: 6 - Industrial Revolution - The various technologies of the Industrial Revolution have been mostly embraced across the country, and the new weapons have revolutionized the Nova Corinan military.
Economy: 4 (+1 from Tech)- Developed - The state is able to run, and almost all citizens are able to lead comfortable lives.
Magic: 0 - The people of Nova Corina rejected magic long ago.
Area Claimed: On Breaca: Arcadia (36), The Dale (40), Bison's Respite (41), Sunny Islands (42) (homeland), The Gate (43), Breaca's Tail (44), with colonies started on the Adrantic Landing (38) and the Northern Wormwood Mountains (37)
Brief History: Once, before the Darkness arrived, there was a grand kingdom: the kingdom of Arcadia. Its mages and knights did famous deeds, wandering the land.
However, this age of peace and prosperity ended when the Darkness came to Arcadia. A group of people blamed Magic, while another group, mostly made up of mages, reasoned that magic would defend the land. The old king of Arcadia finally decided to side with his people's history and the Mages. As a result, the anti-magic camp fled from Arcadia, fleeing to the Sunny Islands in 1E 19. They created a new paradise, named after Corina - or heaven.
However, they met a bit of resistance - the various elves, nagas and aventi that lived on the isle. However, they signed the Great Tready in 1E 20. In it, the humans agreed that they would live in coexistence with the other races, in return for their rejection of magic.

For a thousand years, the society grew, despite the constant assaults of the Darkness onto the isle - eventually, Nova Corina was forced to pay a tribute to the Darkness just to stay undestroyed. Without magic, the people turned to technology, and improved it greatly. And in their struggles, they formed the idea of a nationstate. They would not swear fealty to some chieftan, city, or feudal lord - nay, they would swear it to their great nation of Nova Corina.

Once the Darkness finally lifted, the Age of Exploration began in Nova Corina, with ships beginning to colonize. Eventually, Nova Corina colonized the old kingdom of Arcadia, which had eventually collapsed in the Darkness. With respect to their ancestors, they rebuilt some of the land, including the great castle of Arcadia. However, with all of their technology, the nationalists of Nova Corina decided to not stray far from their homeland, not meeting other nations.

Now, however, rumors come of a strange people stretching their way across the continent. Nova Corina may have to abandon its policy of isolationism.
Last edited by Nova Corina on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Nova Corina wrote:Name of Nation: Nova Corina
Primary Race(s): Humans make up the majority, but nagas, elves, and aventi do live on some of Nova Corina's islands, and are tolerated by the human population. However, like the humans, these races do not use magic.
Society: 5 - Nationalism - Although a system of nobles does exist, they have a low amount of autonomy, and the people of Nova Corina think of themselves as citizens of a nation.
Technology: 6 - Industrial Revolution - The various technologies of the Industrial Revolution have been mostly embraced across the country, and the new weapons have revolutionized the Nova Corinan military.
Economy: 4 (+1 from Tech)- Developed - The state is able to run, and almost all citizens are able to lead comfortable lives.
Area Claimed: On Breaca: Arcadia (36), The Dale (40), Bison's Respite (41), Sunny Islands (42) (homeland), The Gate (43), Breaca's Tail (44), with colonies started on the Adrantic Landing (38) and the Northern Wormwood Mountains (37)
Brief History: Once, before the Darkness arrived, there was a grand kingdom: the kingdom of Arcadia. Its mages and knights did famous deeds, wandering the land.
However, this age of peace and prosperity ended when the Darkness came to Arcadia. A group of people blamed Magic, while another group, mostly made up of mages, reasoned that magic would defend the land. The old king of Arcadia finally decided to side with his people's history and the Mages. As a result, the anti-magic camp fled from Arcadia, fleeing to the Sunny Islands in 1E 19. They created a new paradise, named after Corina - or heaven.
However, they met a bit of resistance - the various elves, nagas and aventi that lived on the isle. However, they signed the Great Tready in 1E 20. In it, the humans agreed that they would live in coexistence with the other races, in return for their rejection of magic.

For a thousand years, the society grew, despite the constant assaults of the Darkness on the isle. Without magic, the people turned to technology, and improved it greatly. And in their struggles, they formed the idea of a nationstate. They would not swear fealty to some chieftan, city, or feudal lord - nay, they would swear it to their great nation of Nova Corina.

Once the Darkness finally lifted, the Age of Exploration began in Nova Corina, with ships beginning to colonize. Eventually, Nova Corina colonized the old kingdom of Arcadia, which had eventually collapsed in the Darkness. With respect to their ancestors, they rebuilt some of the land, including the great castle of Arcadia. However, with all of their technology, the nationalists of Nova Corina decided to not stray far from their homeland, not meeting other nations.

Now, however, rumors come of a strange people stretching their way across the continent. Nova Corina may have to abandon its policy of isolationism.

Everything looks good except the history. Can you elaborate on Nova Corina's existence during the Shadow? I just want to make sure you're not setting them up as a holdout, and understand that they would be firmly under the thumb of the Shadow's depredations. That doesn't mean they couldn't have been left mostly alone if they decided to pay some sort of annual tribute, and these "constant assaults" were the Shadow randomly deciding they needed to abduct people or simply lay waste to a town or two for fun.

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:16 pm

Nova Corina wrote:Name of Nation: Nova Corina

For a thousand years, the society grew, despite the constant assaults of the Darkness onto the isle - eventually, Nova Corina was forced to pay a tribute to the Darkness just to stay undestroyed. Without magic, the people turned to technology, and improved it greatly. And in their struggles, they formed the idea of a nationstate. They would not swear fealty to some chieftan, city, or feudal lord - nay, they would swear it to their great nation of Nova Corina.

FIxed it

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:23 pm

Looks good. You're approved.

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:30 pm

Taledonia wrote:Looks good. You're approved.

So what can I get involved with?

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:47 pm

Unfortunately there's not a lot going on at the moment. There were a few stories, but the people running them disappeared, leaving just mine, which is in the end stages. I'm always looking to get involved in things, however, so if you wanted to set something up, we can brainstorm some ideas.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:17 pm

Taledonia wrote:Unfortunately there's not a lot going on at the moment. There were a few stories, but the people running them disappeared, leaving just mine, which is in the end stages. I'm always looking to get involved in things, however, so if you wanted to set something up, we can brainstorm some ideas.

Still need to get my story up.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Nova Corina
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Corina » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:24 pm

What is the current date?

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:12 pm

It's the 2nd era, that's all we know. You can RP any date within 2E, and bounce around as much as you want. For instance, my main RP is about 2E 5 or so, while I have some colonization efforts happening in like 2E 70 or so.

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 am

Hey guys! Sorry for my hiatus; I've moved from Virginia to New York, and uncertainty in some things did not help my activity at all. The Shriekwind Exiles are back in full force!

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri May 17, 2019 6:53 am

Hey guys, wanna revive this? While we're at it, should we add a die-based combat system and/or character classes?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Fri May 17, 2019 7:36 am

Meridia never died. Like I've always said, this is an RP group, not a singular story arc. Things are just slow at the moment.

As for a die system or character classes. No. You can make your own characters be whatever class you wish to call them, but nothing standardized.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri May 17, 2019 7:54 am

Taledonia wrote:Meridia never died. Like I've always said, this is an RP group, not a singular story arc. Things are just slow at the moment.

As for a die system or character classes. No. You can make your own characters be whatever class you wish to call them, but nothing standardized.

Well, we have yet to do anything lately and I've been into Warcraft, so, let's do some shite! :D

I assume your latest story arc is still open?
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Taledonia
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Taledonia » Fri May 17, 2019 8:29 am

Well, I am still waiting on a reply from you in our current RP. The other two newest ones I started, both players went ex-nation unfortunately, so those are dead.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 am

Taledonia wrote:Well, I am still waiting on a reply from you in our current RP. The other two newest ones I started, both players went ex-nation unfortunately, so those are dead.

Oh yea, my apologies...At least I have something to do while waiting for my sahur to cook.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 pm

I'm still here.

Yubiusk
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Yubiusk » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:35 pm

Name of Nation: The Twelve Hobgoblin Tribes
Primary Race(s): Hobgoblins (the result of shadow experiments on interfertility between Elves and Goblins)

Society: 1 — Tribal
    The Hobgoblins are a largely itinerant people with no organs of state. Beyond tribal elders and spiritual leaders, there is no unified Hobgoblin national identity or unity. Many choose to settle in the established cities and towns of other nations, and some form semi-permanent villages when permitted, but they are rarely settled for more than a few generations.
Technology: 5 — Exploration Age
    The Hobgoblins are a clever people, much like their Elven and Goblin progenitors in ancient memory. Goblin tradesmen and merchants produce and peddle fine products to their host peoples, and those few who break from the general disdain for Hobgoblins and achieve high places often contribute scientifically to their hosts as philosophers and naturalists. One of the twelve tribes in particular, the Garagorshún, are expert seafarers and shipbuilders who facilitate trade between the nations of Noreia and abroad.
Economy: 4 — Developed
    The wealth of a particular group of Hobgoblins is largely dependent upon the situation of their host nation — when the host prospers, so too does the Hobgoblin; when the host suffers, they tend to blame the Hobgoblin. In general, those who live within Strala tend to be the wealthiest; those in Taledonia are not wealthy, but are not struggling; and those living in Camelone are poor, but not starving.
Magic: 4 — Developed
    Owing to their Elven ancestry, the Hobgoblins have a natural affinity for magic — particularly Restoration and Mysticism. Those who are particularly gifted in magic are strongly urged into roles of religious leadership and scholarship, and the arcane is heavily intertwined and often inseparable from Hobgoblin religion.
Area Claimed:
    The Hobgoblins claim no area, but Hobgoblin communities can be found throughout the nations of Noreia and a small population even reside in the Taledonian territory on Red Island in Aleria.
Brief History:
    The Hobgoblins were created not of their own will, or with any love by mother nature. Born of forced unions between Elves and Goblins sponsored by the cruel witch-scientists of the Shadow, the Hobgoblin tribes began their existence as slave-soldiers to be used in subjugating the other races of the world. Often, they were made to fight one another solely for the sake of their cruel masters' enjoyment: endless and fruitless war on behalf of the Shadow.

The lifting of the Shadow was the lifting of a great yoke from the necks of the Hobgoblin tribes, now twelve in number. Their tribal names hearken back to their former soldier-caste system forced upon them by the Shadow — the Fierce Blade Tribe, the Strong Spear Tribe, the Eaters of Manflesh, the Thunderous Ones, the Footsoldiers of Wrath, and others. These names have followed them in the Hobgoblin tongue, but their warlike past they have long since abandoned.

This has not meant their acceptance by the other races of Meridia, however, who still view them with great suspicion and often hatred for their role as the Shadow's former enslaved army. Hobgoblin settlements in Noreia are often the targets of attacks by distrustful locals, and Hobgoblin political polities are quelled before they can take root. The Hobgoblin tribes therefore live as itinerant peoples within the established Human nations of Noreia, living largely as tradesmen and peddlers. When permitted, they will settle in small farming villages, but rarely for more than a few generations. Many live within established Human cities, taking up residence often in lower class neighbourhoods where they are less likely to be driven out as long as they cause no trouble and pay their taxes.
GOBLINS FOREVER

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information