NATION

PASSWORD

Is your country Corporatist or Pluralist? Why? (Poll)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Is your country Corporatist or Pluralist

Corporatist
68%
Pluralist
32%

Total votes : 31

Roelandia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Is your country Corporatist or Pluralist? Why? (Poll)

Postby Roelandia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:40 am

Pluralism context: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluralism_(political_theory)

Corporatism context: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism

After filling out the poll, please elaborate why below.

Roelandia's case:

Roelandia is a pluralist society. Mainly due to the fact that it adheres to the conceptions of the Zignifer school (OOC: Freiburg school/ordoliberalism) which prescribes a 'strong state'. The strong state is defined as a state that is capable of resisting the influence of special interest groups which would get in the way of the 'common good'. This is true for both business cartels and unions. The government is supposed to rule over society and not be ruled by the arbitrary whims of society. This means that no interest groups are invited to take part into the decision making and the primacy of government is the rule.
Last edited by Roelandia on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Personal 8 values

Politiscales result

This nation represents my real life views
I don't use NS stats, but that goes without saying if you look at my factbooks.

Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:32 am

We're pluralist

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:46 am

We're corporatist.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Mermundoria
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mermundoria » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:52 am

We were a free market until Papa Stalin dropped by to incorporate us into the Soviet Union, then we became pluralist and have remained so ever since, even under statehood of the greedy capitalist Americans.

Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:54 am

Corporatist
Shogunate of the Uzumaki Empire
This Nation is a Crossover of Naruto, To Love Ru, Bleach, Highschool DxD and Cardfight!!! Vanguard G.

Uzumakistani News: Prime Minister Aoroza Yoshisada have made a official apology for the threat that they made last year regarding the Uzumaki-Slavonian War and shall requested for a cease-fire until any further notice. | The Parliament have recognized the Patriotic Citizens Coalition of Uzumakistan as a Youth Wing but controversy of Mass Murder, Rape and Genocide have spread throughout the world. | The Republic of Ovamboland have been proclamed in Northern Namibia only to be governed by Leopold Nesselrode and has been officially recognized as a Autonomous Republic within the Empire.

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:46 am

Corporatist

Neoliberal EcoFashionists
Secretary

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoliberal EcoFashionists » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:48 am

"The Dark Green Corporate Empire of Neoliberal EcoFashionists"

You can guess from that
  • Neoliberal (aka fiscal conservatism/orthodox economics, NOT the murican "liberal" as a lefty) on fiscal issues
  • Green on everything related to environment
  • Fashion in everything else!

P.s.: these are not necessarily my RL views. Or maybe they are?

Democratic Exodian Territories
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Exodian Territories » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:46 am

Corporatist
An early-PMT island-archipelago nation in the Gulf of Mexico with right-libertarian and neoconservative tendencies. Born on memes and guns by the British and Spanish but built for something deeper.
_[ ]_
(-_Q)
Only NS official Policy, Government, Economy stats used
FACTBOOKS ARE NOT CANON. Most forum posts are.
Angel's Alliance Founder.
#comeandtakeit
RBC News Channel, brought to you by Sapphire Systems Ltd:
| US President MacArthur doubles down on internal corruption | Aid sent to Nicaragua after Tropical Storm Marta | Stocks down 2 points |

Vyzhva
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vyzhva » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:19 am

Although Vyzhva does not officially recognise itself as Corporatist, out of the two options, it is the closest one available.
vyzhva // steppe nazbols
disregard forum posts made prior to 19/11/2019

Hamilpore
Attaché

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamilpore » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 pm

Many of the government polcies in Hamipore tend to reflect the interests of a Coporatist groups.

The Great-German Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great-German Empire » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:18 pm

The German Empire is primarily pluralist due to its long tradition of popular, democratic pressure groups operating both within and outside the traditional political parties; the Agrarian League is the oldest surviving example. However, due to said groups sometimes depending on interest groups for support; The interventionist, Rhine Capitalist state coordinating the economy through promoting large, vital enterprises; and finally due to some states like Bavaria having an interest-based Upper House, there is indeed a significant amount of organic corporatism present in Germany. However, as the aforementioned strong, informed voice of the people is ultimately what decides the election results, Germany is best classified as Pluralist.
IC Name: Empire of Germany
Just your friendly neighborhood Weltmacht. Und Doch Gang | NS Stats are not used. Q&A if you need it!
Pro/Anti, 8Values and other tests: Here
Unapologetic libertarian populist monarchism

Vossische Zeitung: The Chancellor, Baron Hartmann, announced in a rally that he will 'work tirelessly against the formation of a society of control' | Hungary edges out Germany 4-3 in Euro Cup final; Kaiser personally congratulates Hungarians for an 'exceptional' game | According to survey, 73% of Germans oppose an introduction of speed limits on major Autobahns

Estainia
Senator

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Neither, the Empire is an ancient institution, unaffected by the political idiocies of modernity. The precious idea that money makes you powerful does not exist here, regardless of how many of you there are, no 'special interests' gain a foothold in our electionless government, and businessmen and their ilk? Hah, they're less than scum. All that matters in the Empire's political system is The Blood, if you are not Of the Blood, you are dirt, which is actually an insult to dirt.
The Empire of the Etai
Is a bit of magic your thing, or scientific post-modernism?
Consider joining Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

Hamidiye
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamidiye » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:54 pm

We are a theocratic autocracy:; the Sultan and Caliph rules and his word is the absolute law. He is the successor of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and the dinasty of Hamid Ghazii has ruled the eternal Hamidiye State for over 700 years. Any other system is unthinkable, long live the Sultan and his State! Padişahım çok yaşa, devletinle bin yaşa!
Cives, floreat Europa
Opus magnum vocat vos
Stellae signa sunt in caelo
Aureae, quae iungant nos
-ПТН--ХЛО-
☪ 1881 - 193∞!
Pro: Social Authoritarianism, Kemalism, Militarism. Contra: liberalism, capitalism, communism, progressivism, religion

[ kebab intensifies ]
factbook link

Laredo-
Envoy

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Laredo- » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:30 pm

We are strictly corporatist as our citizens follow a unified state ideology. As well as the fact that we based most of our economic system on fascist corporatism.

The Skrall
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Skrall » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:48 pm

We are pluralist, we don't allow corporations to exist as an entity here. Each company must have one or more owners who are responsible for all of its debts and taxes.

Our leader resists the urges of powerful companies who try to effect the government's decisions. He has always refused bribes, saying, "I am not some prostitute for hire," and has had other officials who took bribes whipped/jailed/executed.
Last edited by The Skrall on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is simple: move ahead, conquer, secure what you have taken, and then move on."
"We all have a debt to nature due, I'll pay mine and so must you."
- Lord Tuma [Political Compass - Economy: -5.13 | Authoritarianism: 6.54]
We are a nation of silicon-based life forms that live for 1000s of years and are around 2-4 times the height of a human.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information