NATION

PASSWORD

Sitka Q&A!

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

La Cosa Fedora
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby La Cosa Fedora » Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 pm

S i t k a wrote:
La Cosa Fedora wrote:Do your people smoke like a plebian, or do they vape like a gentlesir of honor?

"Err... well, 'vaping', as you folk call it, hasn't been invented yet, so I guess the former? I do know my cousin prefers his pipe, but he isn't exactly Sitkan."
- President Larisa Anndrasdan

Most disconcerting!

And what of pick-up artistry? Have your people any knowledge of that most essential skill? Game does save lives you know.
Ask us anything!

Join MENINFORM today! Or that's not your style, issue a formal condemnation!

Our state, the League of the Six Free Peoples, is actually controlled by a cartel of neckbeards known as La Cosa Fedora. Members of the cartel are known as Honorable Gentlesirs. Citizens who are not members are known as normies.

Our armed forces are armies of the radicalized romanceless.

Do you fear us yet? If not, have some anti-neckbeard propaganda!

S i t k a
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 21, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Mon May 14, 2018 9:33 pm

La Cosa Fedora wrote:
S i t k a wrote:"Err... well, 'vaping', as you folk call it, hasn't been invented yet, so I guess the former? I do know my cousin prefers his pipe, but he isn't exactly Sitkan."

Most disconcerting!

And what of pick-up artistry? Have your people any knowledge of that most essential skill? Game does save lives you know.

"... I'm not even entirely sure what that means, and I'd prefer it stay that way."
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.
Local News: Karl Marx visits Sitka, is "impressed".

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Mon May 28, 2018 8:40 pm

"What is your opinion of the ASP foundation. On another note would you be willing to send over some of your non-human species to us for examination?"
-Head of ASP foundation
Last edited by Atkemri on Mon May 28, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Mon May 28, 2018 8:59 pm

How your nation can stand against invaders with total population of 23,000 ? Anyway, want to appear in my dispatch ?
"Heretics, heretics everywhere.”

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Wed May 30, 2018 9:38 pm

Atkemri wrote:"What is your opinion of the ASP foundation. On another note would you be willing to send over some of your non-human species to us for examination?"
-Head of ASP foundation

"It is of course necessary to understand the abilities of the world's different beings, but such knowledge should not be kept from the public. furthermore, I can see this system being easily abused by a government that opposes the existence of nonhumans.
And no, I will not send any of my citizens to you for 'examination'. And I don't want to sound rash, but any attempts to kidnap any of my citizens would lead to me revealing your existance. I don't want to have to do that; much of your work seems beneficial to the world, especially that business with the bacteria from Japan."

Grand Indochina wrote:How your nation can stand against invaders with total population of 23,000 ? Anyway, want to appear in my dispatch ?

"We are not in an area with much strife, and there are few nations in our world that would seek to invade our territory. If any foreign power ever did try to conquer us, we would have the backing of the United States and Japan. And no, I don't think we need to be in a dispatch, but thanks for the offer."
The United Settlements of Sitka - the land of friendly vampires, camaraderie, and cloudberry pie
A small corner of the world in 1872. Set in the world of the video game 80 Days, with supernatural beings mixed in. Several factbooks need to be redone.
I'm socially awkward sometimes, and bad at keeping up with things due to life's hecticness, so I might not always be the best at roleplays etc.
The Times: Englishman Phileas Fogg departs London, having bet £20,000 that he can circumnavigate the globe in 80 days.

Ask questions about this strange place! ---- Make the Ram's Head Saloon great again!

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Bump

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:44 pm

Velociraptors in your nation? Extinct species, viscous pest or bellowed pets?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Purpelia wrote:Velociraptors in your nation? Extinct species, viscous pest or bellowed pets?

"Long extinct species, sadly. Actually, that might be for the best."

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zitravgrad » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:55 am

"Do merpeople exist in your nation, or world?"
- A random student

"While we realize that the people of Sitka are living in fair quality of life, will you allow our organization Blue Cross International to conduct a mission and to provide health and safety service in your nation? This includes health and safety courses, such as CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard training, as well as medical service in remote areas."
- Dr. Sergei Petrovich Pashkov, Director of Blue Cross International
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:16 am

What is the position of the Sitkan government and President Larissa on the Kingdom of Bengal,and it's King????
And also,what do you think about our Self-Defence forces,and it's pacifist ideology????
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

New Wolvers
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Wolvers » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:54 am

Where the name Sitka comes from? And what is the position about New Wolvers?
II Wiki page of the Nation
Embassy Program (closed)
NS Stats are Russian propaganda
NWFNews 24 (not active) | I make designs only when in mood
Currently set in: Present days with FT stuff.
ΘΔ Nonhuman!

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:44 am

(OOC: I'm sorry I keep forgetting about this thread... I'll answer these now.)

Zitravgrad wrote:"Do merpeople exist in your nation, or world?"
- A random student

"While we realize that the people of Sitka are living in fair quality of life, will you allow our organization Blue Cross International to conduct a mission and to provide health and safety service in your nation? This includes health and safety courses, such as CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard training, as well as medical service in remote areas."
- Dr. Sergei Petrovich Pashkov, Director of Blue Cross International

"To our knowledge, mermaids and men do not exist in our world. I suppose it is possible, given how much of the ocean is yet to be explored, but I personally doubt it.

As for Blue Cross, we'd welcome such assistance."

Bengal and Assam wrote:What is the position of the Sitkan government and President Larissa on the Kingdom of Bengal,and it's King????
And also,what do you think about our Self-Defence forces,and it's pacifist ideology????

"Though I think the king still has much to learn, I am generally supportive of him and his nation. I believe the idea of a military based around defence is ideal, and much more intelligent than a massive, expensive army or abolishing the military entirely. I also respect your nation's pacifism immensely."

New Wolvers wrote:Where the name Sitka comes from? And what is the position about New Wolvers?

"The term 'Sitka' originates from a term used by the native Tlingit people to describe people in the area of our nation that was initially settled by Russian exiles. Translated, the original term roughly means 'people on the outside of Baranof Island'.

Although we have had little interaction with your country, we find ourselves supportive of it and its government. You seem to be a great example of a stable democracy."

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:47 am

Hi there, Love! I hope this isn't an inappropriate question, but... any plans to revive back your son? While he seems content with the spiritual existence, perhaps he is missing out on some things such as the joy of eating?
- Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn Ellen Trixie Foxworthy Avril Evelin Celinda Sammy W. Arielle Lindall Leslie Allison
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Likar
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:51 am

"Opinion Of Islam?"
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Your Local Dank Meme Lord™
Classical(ish) Liberal
Seriously, why are you looking at this.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:28 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Hi there, Love! I hope this isn't an inappropriate question, but... any plans to revive back your son? While he seems content with the spiritual existence, perhaps he is missing out on some things such as the joy of eating?
- Chief Aviator Gwen Tracer Hepburn Ellen Trixie Foxworthy Avril Evelin Celinda Sammy W. Arielle Lindall Leslie Allison

"That might, repeat, might be possible, but it's not something he wants to pursue. In many ways, I think he's actually happier the way he is now. He says he feels more free. Not to mention the fact that he doesn't have to worry about his family and friends outliving him by several centuries anymore. I don't think he'd want to change that just to taste food again. Then again, I've never 'eaten' in the usual sense, so I don't know how vital of an experience it is to most people."

Likar wrote:"Opinion Of Islam?"

"I have nothing against people of any faith, as long as they are peaceful. I believe Muslims are worthy people, though sadly there are still a few fundamentalists that wish to see my kind dead, among other things. This is changing day by day, though. Tehran, a mostly Muslim city, is known as a center of technological development. There are few Muslims in Sitka, mostly due to its remote location, but those that are here are welcomed with open arms."

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:48 pm

Picture the following scenario:

A person did something really, really bad. We are talking serial killer levels of bad here. Like maybe he was a serial killer that murders babies or something. Anyway the key thing is it's not like a secret he did it. Everyone knows he is doing it. So the police naturally try and arrest him. In response to this he runs off and hides in his mothers house. He thinks he is safe there but the traitorous child hating monster of a woman turns him in.

In Purpelia, this woman would forever be shunned by society for turning on her flesh and blood. Than again, she didn't do something to curb his behavior she'd be equally shunned by society so she is screwed either way.

But what about your nation? How would she be seen by your people?
Last edited by Purpelia on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:12 pm

Purpelia wrote:Picture the following scenario:

A person did something really, really bad. We are talking serial killer levels of bad here. Like maybe he was a serial killer that murders babies or something. Anyway the key thing is it's not like a secret he did it. Everyone knows he is doing it. So the police naturally try and arrest him. In response to this he runs off and hides in his mothers house. He thinks he is safe there but the traitorous child hating monster of a woman turns him in.

In Purpelia, this woman would forever be shunned by society for turning on her flesh and blood. Than again, she didn't do something to curb his behavior she'd be equally shunned by society so she is screwed either way.

But what about your nation? How would she be seen by your people?

"She would be commended for her help in stopping a killer. Commitment to one's family is important, but when a family member is being destructive toward others both in the family and outside of it, action must be taken. It is true that she should have given her son a good upbringing, but perhaps she did. We do not know whether her child's actions were caused by his upbringing or by factors after he left home."

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:24 pm

bump

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:51 pm

The video game cult classic Daikatana created in 2000 took off bin in the Purpelian market and my general continuity. The game spawned several sequels, a movie and even a short lived TV series set in feudal Japan. And it is currently receiving a greatly anticipated HD remaster.

What about your continuity? How did Daikatana fair in what ever alternate reality your nation exists in?

S i t k a
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby S i t k a » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Purpelia wrote:The video game cult classic Daikatana created in 2000 took off bin in the Purpelian market and my general continuity. The game spawned several sequels, a movie and even a short lived TV series set in feudal Japan. And it is currently receiving a greatly anticipated HD remaster.

What about your continuity? How did Daikatana fair in what ever alternate reality your nation exists in?

"Well... I don't know what year video games became widespread in your world, but right now we're in the year 1872, so they aren't really a thing here yet. Whether such a game will ever be created here and how it may fare, I can't say."

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Zitravgrad » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:41 pm

"Good day, sirs. I am calling from Zitravgradian Ministry of Science, Technology and Education. We are arranging a set of foreign literature for teaching and further reading in our schools and university. Do you have any famous works (in any language) you would like to recommend to us? But even so, I will have to admit that Russian, English, French and German are the more preferred languages. Italian and other Auropian (European) languages come as secondary. For Oriental languages, we only have experts in Chinese, Korean and Japanese."
- Dr. Ivan Feodorovich Belinsky, Minister of Science, Technology and Education
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information