NATION

PASSWORD

Gwalethia Sign-up Thread [Medieval Tech, Open]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aeternaea
Attaché

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:06 am

Galveros wrote:IC nation name: The Kingdom of Galveros
Capital: Aikthar (Name might change as I haven't quite decided yet)
Government type: Feudal Monarchy
Rp population: ~300,000
Race Group(s): Human with the blood of Half-Giants(think Vrykul) flowing through the populace, though much more prominent in the nobility. Some Half-giants still exist and thrive in Galveros
Language(s): World equivalent of Middle English with a slight Nordic influence
Inspiration for nation: Low-fantasy human kingdom but with a touch of Vrykul from Warcraft
Brief background of nation:Centuries ago a few human tribes traveled eastward in search of fertile grounds. Instead what they found was an inhospitable trek through a seemingly endless desert and barren wastelands. About 60% died or stayed behind on the voyage, but the remaining 40% reched what they assumed was good soil, only to quickly found out otherwise. The cold ground was unsuited to their farming skills. A desert behind them, mountains to the north, and an unknown forest for miles to the west, the would-be Galverons had almost given up hope before they stumbled on a small Half-giant nation. Though suspicious of the humans at first, the giants and humans were quickly able to communicate through a somewhat similar language and hand gestures. The humans eventually came to slowly trickle into and mix with the Half-giant society until the Half-giants were a minority. Over the next few centuries a new culture formed, and a syncretic religion was developed for which Galveros gets it's namesake.
Map claim (Imgur): https://i.imgur.com/79olUr8.png

Geography and climate of nation: A generally cold, yet very livable climate. Dense pine forest with mountains to the north and various streams and rivers.
Scoresheet Information: Max limited to 30 points for new nations.
Innovation: 2/6
Diplomacy: 3/6
Economy: 3/6
Production: 4/6
Magecraft: 1/6
Land/military tech: 4/6
Naval tech: 4/6
Adaptability: 5/6
Population: 3/6
Espionage: 1/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Just searched for past-tech nations while looking for a medieval themed region
What other nations do you use on NS? My main: Gachimania
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): I can provide this if it becomes required.

Approved, and welcome!
Blah!

Previous

Return to Factbooks and National Information