NATION

PASSWORD

PM Motuma Q&A (CLOSED)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

PM Motuma Q&A (CLOSED)

Postby Bruke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:14 am

Image Government of the Brukean Republic

In light of the extraordinary events in Bruke, the Foreign Ministry has asked Prime Minister Finhas Motuma to hold a press conference in the Parliament Building in Dub City, that is open to foreign journalists.

Journalists may ask any question they like, so long as it is not intended to provoke or disparage the Royal Republic or its Government.
Last edited by Bruke on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:21 am

The Brukean Parliament, Dub City

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:23 am

The Chamber of the House of Deputies

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:24 am

The Prime Minister is at a podium outside the Chamber of the House of Deputies, ready to take your questions.
Last edited by Bruke on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:59 pm

The Prime Minister has returned to the podium! If you want to know why our Government is choosing between withdrawing from the World Assembly or launching not one, but THREE repeal resolutions, you can ask him here.

Oresland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:02 pm

An Oreslandian reporter asks: "May we know what resolutions might be repealed by your nation?"
Supreme Leader - Joseph Andropov
Prime Minister - Madelyn Lancer
WA Ambassador - Michael Richards
Ask our leaders questions here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=422727
I don't use NS stats
  • Conservative: 124
  • Liberal: 25
  • Independent (caucases as a liberal): 1

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Government is considered an attempt to repeal the WA resolutions relating to abortion, same-sex marriage, euthanasia, and transition surgeries.

This debate has been going on for the past couple of days, and has led to a political crisis: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=429189&p=32975790#p32971347

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:09 pm

In fact, the previous Prime Minister stepped down over the weekend, and our entire Cabinet had resigned over these issues.

Parliament is hopelessly deadlocked. The Constitutional Court will issue a ruling soon. And there may be new elections. Who knows? I may not be Prime Minister tommorrow!

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:07 pm

Q and A is still open for anyone who wants to participate.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:26 am

Bruke wrote:Government is considered an attempt to repeal the WA resolutions relating to abortion, same-sex marriage, euthanasia, and transition surgeries.

This debate has been going on for the past couple of days, and has led to a political crisis: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=429189&p=32975790#p32971347

"Can Kenmoria draw from this that PM Motuma is currently opposed to the recognition of LGBT rights?"
-asked by a WA mission ambassador
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 am

"Frankly, I can't say. Whatever I choose, I will alienate at least half of my party. Then I will not have a working majority in Parliament, which is slim enough as it is. What I can promise is that there will be a referendum on the matter soon. Since this issue has become so politically toxic, it is best to let the people decide."

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:39 am

"I will submit the measure to Parliament for approval. If it passes, the referendum will be held within 4 weeks of passage."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information