NATION

PASSWORD

The Batavia [Q&A], ask me anything! (Nothing personal tho)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Batavia [Q&A], ask me anything! (Nothing personal tho)

Postby The Batavia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:27 am

Hello everybody,

You might've seen me a few times on the forums. Sometimes I'm serious, sometimes... Not so...
Anyways, I've noticed that Q&A's are getting quite populair, so I decided to make one myself.
I also find it easier to give you facts about Batavia by answering questions rather than making factbooks. Please no OOC questions.

My nation's leader, President Lars Alexanders, will answer all of your questions.

Now, let's get this started, yes?
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:27 am

What is the symbolism of your flag? I am quite interested...

-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:33 am

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:What is the symbolism of your flag? I am quite interested...

"That is actually a pretty good question; Orange stands for the courage and sacrifice our country had to go through for it's independence, but is also a tribute to Willem van Oranje, white stands for peace and blue represents Batavia's waters, since it's a coastal nation."
-President Lars Alexanders
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.

The Greater German Federal Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater German Federal Republic » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:34 am

What was your country's stance towards apartheid in South Africa? (Seeing as you are a Dutch nation and SA used to be ruled by Afrikaans-speaking people)
Einigkeit,
Recht,
Freiheit

[floatleft][spoiler=Notes]Note: None of the NS national analysis data is used

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:27 am

The Greater German Federal Republic wrote:What was your country's stance towards apartheid in South Africa? (Seeing as you are a Dutch nation and SA used to be ruled by Afrikaans-speaking people)

"We oppose the Apartheid. Although we aren't liberals who constantly bring up equality, but skin color doesn't matter to us.

I will admit, our country once used to discriminate again non-Whites, but those were diffrent times. We moved on from that."

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:28 am

What is the sum of two and five?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:30 am

Purpelia wrote:What is the sum of two and five?

"...That's seven... How does math have anything to do with Batavia?"
-Slightly annoyed President Lars Alexanders

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 am

The Batavia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:What is the sum of two and five?

"...That's seven... How does math have anything to do with Batavia?"
-Slightly annoyed President Lars Alexanders

The color of your thoughts becomes clear to us. Trust on that.

Next, a question. If child murders mother and mother murders child what does the man in the courts do?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Sjealla
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjealla » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:44 am

How does your nation hold a stable Monarchic rule with so much territory?
✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:49 am

Sjealla wrote:How does your nation hold a stable Monarchic rule with so much territory?

"First off, we're a Republic, not a Monarcy.

The reason we have managed to hold this territory for so lond is because we've held it for over a hundred years. Everyone who lives here feels Batavian."

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:19 am

*bump*

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:43 am

“Why and when did Batavia abolish or lose its monarchy? Was there any particular resistance from certain factions or was it absolute agreement across the territories?”
- Monarchist
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:20 am

The Islands of Versilia wrote:“Why and when did Batavia abolish or lose its monarchy? Was there any particular resistance from certain factions or was it absolute agreement across the territories?”
- Monarchist

"Back when Batavia had an Imperial goverment, back when Batavia was called "The Greater Dutch Empire", we had the largest colonial empire the world had ever seen. It had been over a hunderd years since the Original Dutch Republic was abolished and the Van Oranje dynasty was in power. It was about late in the 1700's and Emperor Karel IV Van Oranje was in power, who was known for his increasingly authoritarian way of ruiling. There were multiple small revolts, but they were all shut down immediately by the Imperial Military. In the 1770's, Karel IV decided to massively in the New-Netherlands colony, which at some point, the colonists had enough and declared themselves independent. The Emperor ofcourse didn't like this and sended a huge army to the north american colony, and raised the taxes in the Mainland. The people soon found themselves in poverty and even though alot of money went to the military, the emperor kept most of it to himself. The war for American idependence went well untill the people in the Mainland territory rose up themselves, supported by a huge part of the military. They were tired of being used and wanted the old priviledges back. Those who resisted against the emperor were called "Batavian Patriots". Thus, a massive civil war was triggered.

In 1783, an army of Batavian Patriots stormed the imperial palace, killing almost everyone inside including the Emperor and his wife. The United States had been granted indepence and an new republic was established.

Sorry if this was too long of an answer, I'm very much into history."

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:59 am

*bump*

/skip

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:48 am

What is the most currently the most controversial issue in Batvia?
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:56 am

The Batavia wrote:*bump*

/skip

Why do you keep bumping the thread when you refuse to answer my question about your laws on domestic violence?

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:57 am

Purpelia wrote:
The Batavia wrote:*bump*

/skip

Why do you keep bumping the thread when you refuse to answer my question about your laws on domestic violence?

OOC: Because I didn't know how to answer it

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information