NATION

PASSWORD

NS Military Realism Consultation Thread Vol. 11.0

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:20 pm

Austrasien wrote:Mammals on earth have lost an important gene for radiation damage repair.

I assume since it's FTL FT it's entirely possible to correct that via genetic engineering? <.<
also catgirls :3333
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Austrasien
Minister

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Austrasien » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:37 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Austrasien wrote:Mammals on earth have lost an important gene for radiation damage repair.

I assume since it's FTL FT it's entirely possible to correct that via genetic engineering? <.<
also catgirls :3333

Probably, yes.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibra ... 03_mammals

Though it's a molecule sunscreen, not a DNA repair mechanism my bad. That we lose hearing with age is also more-or-less completely incidental, a result of the genes which cause hair cells to grow after childhood being knocked out.
The leafposter formerly known as The Kievan People

The weak crumble, are slaughtered and are erased from history while the strong survive. The strong are respected and in the end, peace is made with the strong.

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:52 pm

Kassaran wrote:
I have some questions.
1.What is the point of controlling these member states or what is the benefit to other Member States?

Generally it's to suppress new member dominance in resource harvesting. Most of the old member worlds have built a couple of dyson spheres by this point (with a couple dozen dyson spheres currently existing in the galaxy by 2040 A.D.). Having too many other space-faring races doing the same would upset their own timeframes for expected project completion.

dyson sphere is a really cool and romantic idea.But I don't think a civilization with only one or two stellar systems has enough material resources to build it.I prefer the development of grand unification theory.GUT will make it possible to derive energy directly from the gravitational field.
But another question, how do they use the energy of an entire star?This is much more than a planetary system needs.Leaving this energy in the galaxy can be dangerous without FTL travel.The biggest problem is material. Unless there's a way to get material directly from the stars
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:30 pm

Austrasien wrote:ZW sex-determination (female ZW, Male ZZ) would be helpful - a seed population could be transferred consisting entirely of Females (probably embryonic to save mass) who could then reproduce asexually to produce the first complete generation of males and females. X0 (Female XX, male X) would also be an option and has certain suitability for "expandable expendable" male soldiers. The Y chromosome is only between 300 and 160 million years old so it could be explained as a deviation from the template.

FTFY? Anyways, that works well. My thinking was that at some point, the Earth-brand of Humans was stolen as a blueprint from a confederation bioweapons laboratory by arms dealers and modified somehow. It could be possible that males are actually a mutation because of improper breeding habits encouraged by illegal bioweapons dealers.

Both systems retain 100% of the genes in the females which would be desirable for a weapon - even total elimination of the males in a given population would not result in loss of genetic diversity. If females can naturally reproduce sexually or asexually there is also probably less incentive to form individual families, a large proportion of females would be clone-sisters and they would have a strong genetic incentive to raise their children collectively. Which is militarily favourable. It frees males from most of the work associated with heading their own household.

I think I'll go with Humans originally being a female-only species, and males evolved from the Earth version running for too long. So by that thinking, only the variant of humans from Earth are male. Makes for an... interesting story concept.
Humans' sensitivity to ionizing radiation (especially UV) is also a serious liability. Mammals on earth have lost an important gene for radiation damage repair. Since astronomical environments tend towards much higher background radiation than earth this is an issue, it is questionable if we can even live indefinitely in low earth orbit. Our tolerance of low temperatures is also a handicap. On the upper end, our tolerance is heat is impressive, we can get within 55 degrees K or so of water boiling, but even the temperatures encountered on a relatively benign rocky planet like mars would be almost intolerable for us. It would help if we could freeze without tissue death.

I figure that's probably something I can write off as having occurred when Humans were left to breed without proper population controls or regulations. Earth, being an illegal feeder planet, probably exists as one of the most densely populated human enclaves in the galaxy and the series of mutations that happened to humans overall makes them an interesting problem for a confederation that now has to decide if they want to risk fighting Earth and violating their own charter or not.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:39 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Both systems retain 100% of the genes in the females which would be desirable for a weapon - even total elimination of the males in a given population would not result in loss of genetic diversity. If females can naturally reproduce sexually or asexually there is also probably less incentive to form individual families, a large proportion of females would be clone-sisters and they would have a strong genetic incentive to raise their children collectively. Which is militarily favourable. It frees males from most of the work associated with heading their own household.

I think I'll go with Humans originally being a female-only species, and males evolved from the Earth version running for too long. So by that thinking, only the variant of humans from Earth are male. Makes for an... interesting story concept.

I can understand this as Futa?!If I have the ability of gene editing, the first thing I want is Futa.Yeah

Triplebaconation
Senator

Founded: Feb 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Triplebaconation » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:05 am

Kassaran wrote:I figure that's probably something I can write off as having occurred when Humans were left to breed without proper population controls or regulations. Earth, being an illegal feeder planet, probably exists as one of the most densely populated human enclaves in the galaxy and the series of mutations that happened to humans overall makes them an interesting problem for a confederation that now has to decide if they want to risk fighting Earth and violating their own charter or not.

You might want to look at Pak Protectors.
Last edited by Triplebaconation on Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 23:9.

Things are a bit larger than you appear to think, my friend.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:27 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote: dyson sphere is a really cool and romantic idea.But I don't think a civilization with only one or two stellar systems has enough material resources to build it.

Exactly the reason for why the original species began collecting the resources remotely from far-flung celestial bodies. Additionally, these civilizations generally are bound to their original system. It's rare for a species to wander outside of its own home star system due to the massive amounts of time it takes to travel. The majority of species enter a 'matrix' scenario, where virtual reality is used as an escape at a high enough tier of technological advancement.

Surface Area of a Dyson Sphere at 1AU in radius, +- the radius of the sun: 2.81229380288e+17 km3

I prefer the development of grand unification theory.GUT will make it possible to derive energy directly from the gravitational field.
Energy is being derived from stars, while research into how to derive power from collapsed black holes is far more invested by older species.
But another question, how do they use the energy of an entire star?This is much more than a planetary system needs.
It's actually not nearly enough for most species. Once you pass the first couple quadrillion of your species being comfortably rehabilitated into VR/full-dive systems, you still have to keep growing all the food and generating the materials to keep them alive outside of their simulations. External material is harvested and brought back to the dyson spheres where the majority of a species will live out their days (given that they've built one).

Leaving this energy in the galaxy can be dangerous without FTL travel.The biggest problem is material. Unless there's a way to get material directly from the stars

This is why you harvest from other systems. If no one is using it, they can't tell you not to. It's also why they have the bit about,' if the forms of life you find have yet to make it to space, they don't have the rights to their own system's material resources'. It's neo-colonial on a grand galactic scale!
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:I can understand this as Futa?!If I have the ability of gene editing, the first thing I want is Futa.Yeah

Noooo, I'm talking hermaphroditism. Humans became sexually dimorphic on Earth whereas in the galaxy at large, they're sexually monomorphic. Likely with females existing as drone-types like in bees, but queens actually being hermaphroditic and selected based on superior genomes by the breeder races. If you want humans with higher cold resistance, you breed the females that have better cold-weather adaptations.

It's funny because this is how I was picturing the goblins reproducing. Goblinoids are an insectoid biped with humanoid features. They have compound eyes, an exoskeleton, and three growth stages: larval, pupae, adult. Their larval form involves live birth from a queen into a breeding pool where the larvae actually develop by eating one another (and the dead bodies of deceased goblins recovered from battlefields or patrols) until finally gaining enough material to form a chrysalis. They then go into a pupae form which allows them to take on genetically selected-for traits according to the needs of their hive (affected by the mutations of the deceased goblinoids). Then they are born an adult, take part in breeding, then go out to fight/patrol and die so they can be recycled into the quite literal gene pool.

Elves were going to be vat-grown and like dwarves in this scenario, not feature any sexes which makes them far harder to mass produce (given that you have to actually care), but they're faster, stronger, and due to the more hands-on growing process, you can actively fine-tune their senses making them have almost superhuman agility, perception, etc... Their other big thing was featuring multiple eyes and thermal-receptor sensory pits like on pit vipers. Those would be located on a human under the cheekbones and leading up to the nose. They're effectively big reptilians, but so selectively bred and grown, they're considered to be an entirely separate organism entirely.

Dwarves are the much more stocky and powerful of the vat-grown weaponized races, have the ability to enter hibernation should they take/suffer fatal/mortal wounds or injuries. They also grow via spores and polyps, which consume crystals to grow. It can take literal hundreds of years to grow a dwarf, but once they're made, they're one of the hardest organisms in the universe to kill. Humans are actually considered the poor-man's dwarf, or as the vanguard for a dwarven assault force in most raids on insurrectionist forces. Weird bit of lore, the beard thing is a misrepresentation in human IFF genome. It's not hair, but actually strands of genetic material they produce as zygotes which eventually form into polyps and are harvested and seeded within the proper incubators.

There's also Arachnae, Centaurs, Kitsune (because they're the superior version of catgirls), Orcs, and Satyrs:

-Arachnae are built to actually be top-notch pilots, having all those extra limbs so they can use extremely versatile spacecraft and operate them safely and their bodies have the large lower section to act as a G-couch when doing really high-G turns. They just sink into themselves while orienting themselves as appropriate to minimize the effects of G-force. These are born from eggs and are selected via flight training. Only those arachnae who earn their wings get to breed and every few years, they're allowed to breed again if they've survived that long.

-Centaurs are actually giant sloths with two extra limbs and were built to subdue the occasional mega-fauna that made it to space with the intentions of being big bullies. They're appropriately rare, difficult to produce, and live rather short lifetimes compared to other vat-grown weaponized species.

-Kitsune were just social companions that happen to put off pheromones that can be used to subdue a perceived threat. They're also very small and you can think of them as being like the designer dogs of the galaxy. 'Everyone who's anyone has to have one!' They're also vat-grown, generally don't live too long, and suffer from a variety of health issues that make their existence as a weaponized race highly paradoxical until the moment the wannabe suicide bomber starts cuddling them. Then they turn into murder floofs.

-Orcs were built as the only weaponized species built to kill other weaponized species. They're the only race that features variable sexes, they have six limbs (making them resemble the goddess of destruction Kali- for good reason too), and have the distinction as the weapon of choice to wipe out planets and systems overrun by humans and goblins. Their incredible strength, durability, and even regenerative abilities are only superseded by the vast amount of resources they require. It's said that a system that could sustain a full goblin hive of several trillion, or a human infestation of several billion, would not last an orc clan a single generation.

-Satyrs are mini-centaurs deployed to act as rat-terrier type raiders. They're used to hunt rogue Elves and can outmatch the elves in one-on-one combat through superior quickness, however, they've been so purpose-bred that they act more like hyper-intelligence dogs. They're just not as popular, nor likely will ever be due to their notoriously lousy temperament and manners.

I'll probably end up adding more species as I come up with various justifications for their implementation in a galactic standing army built to oppress upstart factions and species while protecting the interests of the much older and larger confederation member species.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Theodosiya
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosiya » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:28 am

Wondering...

If DNA enhancement and treatment became viable for massive use for thousands of millions, even subsidied by sthe state....eh...dunno what to talk about.

More likely, if above happens and we can raise armies like in the sizes of WWII and Cold War, fought with 2060s to 2080s tech, maybe even 2100s...how such war would be fought? What things would remain from current doctrine and TOE and what would've changed?
The strong rules over the weak
And the weak are ruled by the strong
It is the natural order

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:40 am

Theodosiya wrote:Wondering...

If DNA enhancement and treatment became viable for massive use for thousands of millions, even subsidied by sthe state....eh...dunno what to talk about.

More likely, if above happens and we can raise armies like in the sizes of WWII and Cold War, fought with 2060s to 2080s tech, maybe even 2100s...how such war would be fought? What things would remain from current doctrine and TOE and what would've changed?

From the perspective of the development of our world, we are on the road of mechanization and intelligence.At least in our world, what we can see in the future is a war between terminators, not a clone

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:57 am

Kassaran wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote: dyson sphere is a really cool and romantic idea.But I don't think a civilization with only one or two stellar systems has enough material resources to build it.

Exactly the reason for why the original species began collecting the resources remotely from far-flung celestial bodies. Additionally, these civilizations generally are bound to their original system. It's rare for a species to wander outside of its own home star system due to the massive amounts of time it takes to travel. The majority of species enter a 'matrix' scenario, where virtual reality is used as an escape at a high enough tier of technological advancement.

Surface Area of a Dyson Sphere at 1AU in radius, +- the radius of the sun: 2.81229380288e+17 km3

I prefer the development of grand unification theory.GUT will make it possible to derive energy directly from the gravitational field.
Energy is being derived from stars, while research into how to derive power from collapsed black holes is far more invested by older species.
But another question, how do they use the energy of an entire star?This is much more than a planetary system needs.
It's actually not nearly enough for most species. Once you pass the first couple quadrillion of your species being comfortably rehabilitated into VR/full-dive systems, you still have to keep growing all the food and generating the materials to keep them alive outside of their simulations. External material is harvested and brought back to the dyson spheres where the majority of a species will live out their days (given that they've built one).

Leaving this energy in the galaxy can be dangerous without FTL travel.The biggest problem is material. Unless there's a way to get material directly from the stars

This is why you harvest from other systems. If no one is using it, they can't tell you not to. It's also why they have the bit about,' if the forms of life you find have yet to make it to space, they don't have the rights to their own system's material resources'. It's neo-colonial on a grand galactic scale!
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:I can understand this as Futa?!If I have the ability of gene editing, the first thing I want is Futa.Yeah

Noooo, I'm talking hermaphroditism. Humans became sexually dimorphic on Earth whereas in the galaxy at large, they're sexually monomorphic. Likely with females existing as drone-types like in bees, but queens actually being hermaphroditic and selected based on superior genomes by the breeder races. If you want humans with higher cold resistance, you breed the females that have better cold-weather adaptations.

It's funny because this is how I was picturing the goblins reproducing. Goblinoids are an insectoid biped with humanoid features. They have compound eyes, an exoskeleton, and three growth stages: larval, pupae, adult. Their larval form involves live birth from a queen into a breeding pool where the larvae actually develop by eating one another (and the dead bodies of deceased goblins recovered from battlefields or patrols) until finally gaining enough material to form a chrysalis. They then go into a pupae form which allows them to take on genetically selected-for traits according to the needs of their hive (affected by the mutations of the deceased goblinoids). Then they are born an adult, take part in breeding, then go out to fight/patrol and die so they can be recycled into the quite literal gene pool.

Elves were going to be vat-grown and like dwarves in this scenario, not feature any sexes which makes them far harder to mass produce (given that you have to actually care), but they're faster, stronger, and due to the more hands-on growing process, you can actively fine-tune their senses making them have almost superhuman agility, perception, etc... Their other big thing was featuring multiple eyes and thermal-receptor sensory pits like on pit vipers. Those would be located on a human under the cheekbones and leading up to the nose. They're effectively big reptilians, but so selectively bred and grown, they're considered to be an entirely separate organism entirely.

Dwarves are the much more stocky and powerful of the vat-grown weaponized races, have the ability to enter hibernation should they take/suffer fatal/mortal wounds or injuries. They also grow via spores and polyps, which consume crystals to grow. It can take literal hundreds of years to grow a dwarf, but once they're made, they're one of the hardest organisms in the universe to kill. Humans are actually considered the poor-man's dwarf, or as the vanguard for a dwarven assault force in most raids on insurrectionist forces. Weird bit of lore, the beard thing is a misrepresentation in human IFF genome. It's not hair, but actually strands of genetic material they produce as zygotes which eventually form into polyps and are harvested and seeded within the proper incubators.

There's also Arachnae, Centaurs, Kitsune (because they're the superior version of catgirls), Orcs, and Satyrs:

-Arachnae are built to actually be top-notch pilots, having all those extra limbs so they can use extremely versatile spacecraft and operate them safely and their bodies have the large lower section to act as a G-couch when doing really high-G turns. They just sink into themselves while orienting themselves as appropriate to minimize the effects of G-force. These are born from eggs and are selected via flight training. Only those arachnae who earn their wings get to breed and every few years, they're allowed to breed again if they've survived that long.

-Centaurs are actually giant sloths with two extra limbs and were built to subdue the occasional mega-fauna that made it to space with the intentions of being big bullies. They're appropriately rare, difficult to produce, and live rather short lifetimes compared to other vat-grown weaponized species.

-Kitsune were just social companions that happen to put off pheromones that can be used to subdue a perceived threat. They're also very small and you can think of them as being like the designer dogs of the galaxy. 'Everyone who's anyone has to have one!' They're also vat-grown, generally don't live too long, and suffer from a variety of health issues that make their existence as a weaponized race highly paradoxical until the moment the wannabe suicide bomber starts cuddling them. Then they turn into murder floofs.

-Orcs were built as the only weaponized species built to kill other weaponized species. They're the only race that features variable sexes, they have six limbs (making them resemble the goddess of destruction Kali- for good reason too), and have the distinction as the weapon of choice to wipe out planets and systems overrun by humans and goblins. Their incredible strength, durability, and even regenerative abilities are only superseded by the vast amount of resources they require. It's said that a system that could sustain a full goblin hive of several trillion, or a human infestation of several billion, would not last an orc clan a single generation.

-Satyrs are mini-centaurs deployed to act as rat-terrier type raiders. They're used to hunt rogue Elves and can outmatch the elves in one-on-one combat through superior quickness, however, they've been so purpose-bred that they act more like hyper-intelligence dogs. They're just not as popular, nor likely will ever be due to their notoriously lousy temperament and manners.

I'll probably end up adding more species as I come up with various justifications for their implementation in a galactic standing army built to oppress upstart factions and species while protecting the interests of the much older and larger confederation member species.

Some of your ideas I've seen in the new DLC of Stellaris.And your description of race makes me feel like a space age magic novel.As for the part of virtual reality, let me think about it.An interstellar hacker empire, or a city of thousands of stars in the virtual electronic space.If it was me, I would set up multiple empires to constantly compete for control of the interstellar communication network with planetary sized computers.
I'm not very interested in racial settings in biology. I'm more interested in what's interesting when consciousness is uploaded to the computer.For example, the personality schizophrenics become 24 individuals after uploading to the computer.Or two people who are hostile to each other are wrongly merged into one person because of technical mistakes.And things like stealing biological bodies

New Vihenia
Senator

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Vihenia » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:50 am

United Earthlings wrote:
Source of class name and its historical significance to your NS nation?

It's a random name i picked out of Gundam Wing. The Ephyon Gundam.

If the following is still accurate..., is the Ephyon class part of the attack class or a different sub {sub} branch?

And here I was thinking 5 different classes of submarines might be a lot.

Well Ephelions are rather old class which i set in year of 1960's. Neva was newer but getting long in the tooth. Conventional D-E like Deliria are getting old too thus need replacements. Those older SSN's will be replaced with something newer and more spacious with 11000 Ton of surfaced displacement. Ephyon will replace the conventional variants as well as an export commodities.

Strategic reasoning on providing a Diesel-Electric, even a large one, a VPM verses say just having your larger nuclear submarines having one?

We don't export nuclear submarine. and It appears even nowadays modern conventional submarine desires some form of VPM be it as VLS e.g the Korean KSS-3, U-216 and A-26 Oceanic-Extended Range variant. Increasing firepower and expanding roles.
We make planes,ships,missiles,helicopters, radars and mecha musume
Deviantart|M.A.R.S|My-Ebooks

Big Picture of Service

Ideal Britain
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:56 am

if Britain left Northern Ireland but stationed troops there (in an agreement with the Irish government) to prevent Unionist terror what would be the likely outcome?
An MT alt-history Britain.
Year: 2021

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:03 am

Ideal Britain wrote:if Britain left Northern Ireland but stationed troops there (in an agreement with the Irish government) to prevent Unionist terror what would be the likely outcome?

Increased lobbying for unionization that eventually results in one Ireland. The troops would likely be a source of daily scrutiny by pro-unionists and would no doubt be put into the news as often as possible to highlight their debauchery. The UK would have to scale back military presence or clamp down hard... the other possibility is they spend tens of thousands of pounds on good PR to directly counter what the unionists would be trying to do. It's just that UK efforts would be increasingly larger and likely end up becoming insignificant compared to a massive public outcry.

The US has a similar issue everywhere it goes, but it's also mastered the art of the cultural victory, so much so that it rarely even tries to cover up when it's overtly influencing public behavior. The only rule everyone knows the US supposedly has is that it doesn't use defense assets on its own citizens, but why would it when the private sector is already so much more effective? If the MIC wants more war, the media will generate it by creating unrest. If the MIC wants a slow down to get better tax breaks or perhaps begin selling off surplus goods to neutral and allied parties, the media will turn to support it.

bloody hell, mate.

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:15 am

Ideal Britain wrote:if Britain left Northern Ireland but stationed troops there (in an agreement with the Irish government) to prevent Unionist terror what would be the likely outcome?

Britain dissolves itself, as it has outlawed being pro-British
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:24 am

Taihei Tengoku wrote:

Britain dissolves itself, as it has outlawed being pro-British

No it hasn't.
The real life UK IS Britain and Northern Ireland.

Here it's just Britain.

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:27 am

Besides UN peacekeeping (UN is canon in this nation not WA) what functions would the Army have under a left wing government, influenced by post-colonial theory?

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:29 am

Can you use Marines against modern slavery?

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:30 am

Gallia- wrote:Post-NI Britain renames itself the Confederation of England and Wales.

No it's Britain.
Britain is England, wales and Scotland.

Kedri
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kedri » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:32 am

I'm trying to flesh out the Kedrian military some more. Nothing's set in stone yet, but I'm kicking around a few ideas, and want to see what y'all think. These might be dumb questions.

Here are the proposed branches of the Kedrian Defense Force:

-Army
-Air Force
-Navy/Coast Guard
-Privateers

I'm unsure whether I need both a navy and a coast guard. Since the Kedrian military is solely concerned with national defense and has no plans to actually invade other countries, I'm wondering if it could get by with just a coast guard?

The privateers are a special branch that specialize in privateering (obviously), but I don't know how profitable that would be in war or if it would provoke the ire of other countries.

I didn't list them, but there's also militias that serve as an emergency force in case the military lacks enough people, funding or is unprepared.
Kedri is a nation of 18th century pirates who know water-bending. Throw in some steampunk, as well. Tech level is PT/FanT.
Kedrians abandon piracy and become a modernized country, founded by reformed criminals who forsook piracy and the citizens are descended from pirates, and still retain some of their heritage such as speech, accent, politics.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:35 am

Kedri wrote:I'm trying to flesh out the Kedrian military some more. Nothing's set in stone yet, but I'm kicking around a few ideas, and want to see what y'all think. These might be dumb questions.

-Army
-Air Force
-Navy/Coast Guard
-Privateers

I'm unsure whether I need both a navy and a coast guard. Since the Kedrian military is solely concerned with national defense and has no plans to actually invade other countries, I'm wondering if it could get by with just a coast guard?

The privateers are a special branch that specialize in privateering (obviously), but I don't know how profitable that would be in war or if it would provoke the ire of other countries.

I didn't list them, but there's also militias that serve as an emergency force in case the military lacks enough people, funding or is unprepared.

Mostly good.
You can't get by on just a coast guard though because you need a Navy to deal with pirates.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:41 am

Kedri wrote:I'm trying to flesh out the Kedrian military some more. Nothing's set in stone yet, but I'm kicking around a few ideas, and want to see what y'all think. These might be dumb questions.

-Army
-Air Force
-Navy/Coast Guard
-Privateers

Drop the Air Force and reassimilate it into the Army as Army Aviation. Also, turn your Army into a Homeguard or something, because they're not really going anywhere, you realistically don't need them if Self-defense is what you want. Navy/Coast Guard can be gutted too, you'd probably have a handful of token submarines you keep on hand for training and military exercises, but the majority of your prowess would probably be a discount cruiser from a nation desperately looking to get rid of old inventory. You don't need, nor should you use privateers. That's how you get invaded, flat out. If you're countering piracy, that's what your coast guard is for.

Ideal Britain wrote:Mostly good.
You can't get by on just a coast guard though because you need a Navy to deal with pirates.

Untrue. A Coast Guard can entirely usurp the navy as you don't need to project power, but rather just defend territorial waters from pirates.

bloody hell, mate.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:45 am

Kassaran wrote:

-Army
-Air Force
-Navy/Coast Guard
-Privateers

Drop the Air Force and reassimilate it into the Army as Army Aviation. Also, turn your Army into a Homeguard or something, because they're not really going anywhere, you realistically don't need them if Self-defense is what you want. Navy/Coast Guard can be gutted too, you'd probably have a handful of token submarines you keep on hand for training and military exercises, but the majority of your prowess would probably be a discount cruiser from a nation desperately looking to get rid of old inventory. You don't need, nor should you use privateers. That's how you get invaded, flat out. If you're countering piracy, that's what your coast guard is for.

Ideal Britain wrote:Mostly good.

Untrue. A Coast Guard can entirely usurp the navy as you don't need to project power, but rather just defend territorial waters from pirates.

What about pirates in international waters?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information