NATION

PASSWORD

[Q&A] Ask the Nordic Commonwealth

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Nordic-Commonwealth
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nordic-Commonwealth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Siberai wrote:"Do you have Battleships and Carriers?" - High Admiral Kutzenov

What are battleships and carriers?

(OoC: No. This is Medieval Europe. There are no battleships or carriers.)
We do not use NS Stats. Seriously, they make no sense for this particular nation.

Set in an alternate year 1127, the Nordic Commonwealth is a hegemonic republic ruled by a warrior aristocracy with an economy based on raiding and trade.

Overview|The Fylkja|Q&A|Theme Song
Same person as Teienshi

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:44 pm

"Are there people who have designs regarding the invasion and conquest of the Gardarike and/or Miklagard?

Gaozu
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaozu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:13 pm

"What is your view on the industrialisation of society?"
I don't have any energy for sig creation rn, I'll do it later. ;_;

The Nordic-Commonwealth
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nordic-Commonwealth » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Diarcesia wrote:"Are there people who have designs regarding the invasion and conquest of the Gardarike and/or Miklagard?

The majority of the rulers in the lands known as Gadarike are our vassals. They are allowed to be free from our laws and the wrath of our raiders so long as they swear loyalty to us and pay tribute. As for Miklagard, we have no plans to attempt to conquer it, as conquering it would likely expend a large portion of our manpower, and risks a civil war over internal control of it.

Gaozu wrote:"What is your view on the industrialisation of society?"

Industrialisation?

(OoC: No industrialisation in Medieval Europe.)
We do not use NS Stats. Seriously, they make no sense for this particular nation.

Set in an alternate year 1127, the Nordic Commonwealth is a hegemonic republic ruled by a warrior aristocracy with an economy based on raiding and trade.

Same person as Teienshi

Gaozu
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaozu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:37 pm

The Nordic-Commonwealth wrote:Industrialisation?

(Oops! :p sorry...)

"How do you see the future of your country - say in 1,000 years time?"
I don't have any energy for sig creation rn, I'll do it later. ;_;

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:38 pm

"I might be wrong, but I seem to remember you once calling me a 'draugr' or something like that, and saying that I should be struck down. Care to explain this?"
- President Larisa
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Who are some of the most famous Varangians as of yet?

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:29 am

What is your overal opinion on the Frankish Empire?
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Nordic-Commonwealth
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nordic-Commonwealth » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 am

Gaozu wrote:
The Nordic-Commonwealth wrote:Industrialisation?

(Oops! :p sorry...)

"How do you see the future of your country - say in 1,000 years time?"

Assuming that Ragnarok has not occurred by that time, we see nothing but continued glory in our future.

Arctica-Aleutia wrote:"I might be wrong, but I seem to remember you once calling me a 'draugr' or something like that, and saying that I should be struck down. Care to explain this?"
- President Larisa

They’re the bodies of our noble dead, reanimated by dark forces to slay the living and drive the survivors to madness. They must all be slain so the souls of those whose bodies were perverted can rest in Valhalla.

(OoC: Norse mythology does not include vampire myths, and Draugr are the closest equivalent to them, hence why your leader was called a Draugr.)

Diarcesia wrote:Who are some of the most famous Varangians as of yet?

Some of our most esteemed include Rurik, who brought the Rus under our influence, and Leif Erikson, who became the first of our people to reach Vinland.

The Batavia wrote:What is your overal opinion on the Frankish Empire?

The Empire of Charlemagne no longer exists. His successors are men of the cross who still rule over large portions of the South, and we treat them like we would any other ruler of the cross: With occasional trade, but also the utmost resistance to their encroachment.

Same person as Teienshi

Cradlehurst
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cradlehurst » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:26 am

“What sorts of atrocities do Norsemen blame on followers of Christianity?”
- Geraldine White, neopagan and historian.
| The Grand Duchy of Cradlehurst |
| “Family, Country, Justice.” |
Overview | Current Year: 2072 ♕
An English, traditionalist Grand Duchy forged from the ruins of Oxford and central England in 2033. The capital is Oxford, led by Grand Duchess Irene and the population follows Deist Christianity. The majority ideology is Social Conservatism and traditionalism mixed with modern ideas.

I’m an Englishman

The Nordic-Commonwealth
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nordic-Commonwealth » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:19 pm

Cradlehurst wrote:“What sorts of atrocities do Norsemen blame on followers of Christianity?”
- Geraldine White, neopagan and historian.

Many. They disgrace our gods, mock our traditions, destroy our holy sites, encroach on our sacred lands, and steal our women and children. All in the name of their false creed that centers on the worship of a mere mortal and the cross he perished upon.

Same person as Teienshi

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:24 pm

"Why do you think I should be destroyed? You call me a draugr, but I was born this way, so that can't be right. I don't hurt people."
- President Larisa

"Did you encounter any natives when your nation first reached Vinland? If so, how were they treated?"
- a historian
Last edited by Arctica-Aleutia on Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

The Nordic-Commonwealth
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nordic-Commonwealth » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Arctica-Aleutia wrote:"Why do you think I should be destroyed? You call me a draugr, but I was born this way, so that can't be right. I don't hurt people."
- President Larisa

"Did you encounter any natives when your nation first reached Vinland? If so, how were they treated?"
- a historian

You lie. Draugr are never born naturally.

(OoC: Like I've already said, the people of this nation don't know what vampires are, so they just assume they're draugr.)

There were several battles with the natives when we first arrived, however we did eventually come to an arrangement. However, the peace remains rather tentative.

Same person as Teienshi

Viksberg
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Viksberg » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:24 am

"What do your people like to do in their freetime?"
- Lars Moberg, Minister of Foreign Affairs

"What do you think of our national anthem? (It can be found in our factbooks)"
- Tomas Lindsson, musician
I don't use NS stats!