NATION

PASSWORD

Cybusian Q&A

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Cybus1
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Cybusian Q&A

Postby Cybus1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:21 pm

Greetings, foreign governments, corporations, people, creatures, AIs, droids, and/or other entities! The Infinite Cybusian Empire, in an effort to improve perceptions of the Empire, and to help sate curiosity about us, we are happy to accept any and questions. Feel free to ask anything, be it general, specific, directed at an individual, or just for anyone or anything to answer.
Kind Regards,
Imperial Foreign Ministry.
Last edited by Cybus1 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't use NS stats, please refer to the factbooks. Terms to use: Cybus, Cybusian, The Infinite Cybusian Empire. Feel free to TG with suggestions, comments, feedback, questions, etc, especially about factbooks.
Regal and powerful; they carry an air about them that is inherently oppressive, the air of a trillion years of ancestry. -Kaedijork.
Great Gatsby, featuring some shape-shifting ability and more sci-fi elements. - Zitravgrad

Our Military
New Q&A!
News: / Sons of Mercer raid on foreign Human colony results in over 10,500 deaths or Consumptions in only two hours; dropships flee through Jaunt portal, escape. Imperial govt offers to assist investigation.

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:29 pm

"I've read about these horrible 'drakul' things that have attacked your population. Would your experiences with them make you hostile toward sapient vampires like myself?"
- a young adult vampire from Arctica-Aleutia
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Arctica-Aleutia wrote:"I've read about these horrible 'drakul' things that have attacked your population. Would your experiences with them make you hostile toward sapient vampires like myself?"
- a young adult vampire from Arctica-Aleutia

"This varies depending on the person. While there may be initial fears, once you demonstrate that you are obviously not a Drakul, you should be welcomed with open arms. Even more so because many of you use a blood substitute. Honestly, given your pale skin and near-immortality, you would blend in with Evolved. The Followers of The Apocalypse, a charitable and philanthropic organization, runs various clinics, where, if you explain your situation, you could probably get blood, if you ever come as a tourist."
- Henry DeWitt, Evolved citizen.
I don't use NS stats, please refer to the factbooks. Terms to use: Cybus, Cybusian, The Infinite Cybusian Empire. Feel free to TG with suggestions, comments, feedback, questions, etc, especially about factbooks.
Regal and powerful; they carry an air about them that is inherently oppressive, the air of a trillion years of ancestry. -Kaedijork.
Great Gatsby, featuring some shape-shifting ability and more sci-fi elements. - Zitravgrad

Our Military
New Q&A!
News: / Sons of Mercer raid on foreign Human colony results in over 10,500 deaths or Consumptions in only two hours; dropships flee through Jaunt portal, escape. Imperial govt offers to assist investigation.

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Bump.

Our Military
New Q&A!

Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:54 pm

What are Evolved exactly? We've only heard rumors here in Olwe. -Mandos Fiedor, Special Science Advisor to the Emperor
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:04 pm

Olwe wrote:What are Evolved exactly? We've only heard rumors here in Olwe. -Mandos Fiedor, Special Science Advisor to the Emperor

"Evolved are, essentially, self-aware piles of biomass, though the same could be said of almost any organism which is self-aware. What makes Evolved unique is the fact that, upon birth, we are made up entirely of the Blacklight Virus. Blacklight is infinitely malleable, and we can manipulate our biomass at will. We can alter our appearance at will. We can also alter our biomass in any way we wish, from compressing it to become smaller, approaching human size, to morphing an arm into a blade or fingers into claws. We, via chemical processes, convert whatever we eat or drink into biomass for us to use, and to heal with if we are injured. Unlike humans, this is incredibly efficient, leaving only very minimal amounts of waste. Of course, theres also Consumption, but thats not truly necessary for us to survive. Any questions?"
-Dr. Nathan Koenig, Evolved, Deputy Director of Torchwood, Scientific Advisor to the Emperor.

Our Military
New Q&A!

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:46 pm

accidental double post removed
Last edited by Kenmoria on Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Is your culture collective or individualistic?
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:53 pm

Kenmoria wrote:Is your culture collective or individualistic?

"We highly value individuality here in the Empire. Everyone is free to do as they please, so long as they do not break laws or prevent another person from exercising their own freedoms."
- Henry DeWitt, Evolved citizen.

Our Military
New Q&A!

Kannadrickenium
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kannadrickenium » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:01 am

What is the Cybusian Empire's opinion of Anna Kendrick?

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:08 am

Kannadrickenium wrote:What is the Cybusian Empire's opinion of Anna Kendrick?

"While many agree that her performances as an actress are very amusing, the recent revelation that she rules as a queen over a nation where she makes worship her as a goddess is alarming to many Cybusians. The Empire itself has no official position, but the Emperor is noted as being concerned over the lack of rights."
-Foreign Ministry Employee.

Our Military
New Q&A!

Breisgau-Lorrach
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Breisgau-Lorrach » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:36 am

What architectural styles do the people prefer other than Art Deco? Provincial, Mediterranian, Ultra-modern, Victorian, Eastern or something completely different?
Everything is fine...

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:06 am

Breisgau-Lorrach wrote:What architectural styles do the people prefer other than Art Deco? Provincial, Mediterranian, Ultra-modern, Victorian, Eastern or something completely different?

"While Art Deco is one of the more popular styles, Streamline Moderne, Art Nouveau, and Postmodern architecture tend to be popular, though it all depends on the individual architect."
- Howard Roark, Architect

Our Military
New Q&A!

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Any other questions? Factbooks have been updated/are being updated.

Our Military
New Q&A!

The Peoples Dominion of Torjthistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples Dominion of Torjthistan » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:28 pm

When will your citizens start worshiping Xheryzh'dalj of Torjthistan?
Poverty-stricken, apocalyptic cesspool of nuclear waste, vast steppe and mountains being ruined by state-run industry, horrifying detention centers filled with innocent people, an insane religious cult centered on a sadistic dictator, mass public executions, nightmarish soviet-era industrial cities, and constant international tension and civil wars. Book your tickets today, just don't expect to go back home the way you got here.

Pro: Secularism, Left-Wing, LGBTQI, Alter-Globalization, Alt-Energy, Education, Israel, Death Penalty in Certain Cases, Environmentalism
Anti: Religious Fundamentalism, Neo-Conservatism, Fascism, Stalinism, Trumpism, Bigotry, Alt-Right, Dogmatic Vegans, Hamas, Selective Morality

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:25 am

The Peoples Dominion of Torjthistan wrote:When will your citizens start worshiping Xheryzh'dalj of Torjthistan?

"Never. We have no state religion and the majority of our citizens regard your nation as a, well, to quote a citizen "a backwards hellhole which is highly radioactive and run by someone with such a big ego, even Donald Trump can't compare.""
-Foreign Ministry Employee

Our Military
New Q&A!

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Now accepting questions for Cybusians of note, in addition to any other questions you guys have. IC or OOC questions, so long as they pertain to my nation or characters.
/Bump.

Our Military
New Q&A!

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:25 am

/bump

Our Military
New Q&A!

Apathyverse
Attaché

Founded: Sep 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Apathyverse » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:29 am

Two questions:
1. What do you think about the TIMESLASH?
2. Do you think it's possible to recreate it in your universe?

If you are asking who wrote this, it's me, Damien Quartz.
"Just nod and go with it."
Okay. Let me say a few things.

1) Apathy most certainly does not use NS stats.
2) I, God-Emperor Damien Quartz, is a human Eldritch Abomination.
3) Apparently the sig was too big, so I cut 98% of it.
4) Apathy is as chocked with bull as Hammer Britannia. Why? Because we were based off of them!

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:52 am

Apathyverse wrote:Two questions:
1. What do you think about the TIMESLASH?
2. Do you think it's possible to recreate it in your universe?

If you are asking who wrote this, it's me, Damien Quartz.

"Your Timeslash device is most interesting. We have an element in the Empire capable of manipulating time, but I doubt E-99 was used in the Timeslash, as an E-99 reactor failure, while also causing temporal distortion, does not cause anything close to the sheer madness unleashed by the Timeslash. It appears to be a massive breakdown in physics and time. Fascinating. I'm sure we could contain the anomalies created, since we've dealt with things like Nyarlathotep and other reality-warpers before.'
As to your second question, it could, theoretically, be possible. I certainly wouldn't want to do so, but anything is possible. Honestly, it would only affect the younger nations. I've been alive for far more than 12,000 years, so if I hit by it, all I'd suffer from would be confusion, due to the abrupt mixing of biomass and thoughts from myself in the past."
-Dr. Nathan Koenig, Evolved, Deputy Director of Torchwood, Scientific Advisor to the Emperor.

Our Military
New Q&A!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:18 am

Does your nation place undue and unhealthy burdens upon the family unit restricting them from prosecuting their own affairs in private behind closed doors? Like for example limiting what they can do to their children, if they are allowed to beat and murder one another or having such insane and evil laws such as those some insane evil countries have where you can actually have your children taken away for not towing the state line on good parenting?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:35 am

Purpelia wrote:Does your nation place undue and unhealthy burdens upon the family unit restricting them from prosecuting their own affairs in private behind closed doors? Like for example limiting what they can do to their children, if they are allowed to beat and murder one another or having such insane and evil laws such as those some insane evil countries have where you can actually have your children taken away for not towing the state line on good parenting?

"While exact laws on the matter vary from planet to planet, we generally don't try to regulate what goes on in the home. That being said, if a child was being abused, and, say, a teacher noticed a bruise or something, they would be obligated to report it to the authorities, who would investigate any claims of abuse. If the parent was found guilty, the child would sent to live with relatives or to a children's shelter."
-Jason Black, member of the Didactian Council

Our Military
New Q&A!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:39 am

Cybus1 wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Does your nation place undue and unhealthy burdens upon the family unit restricting them from prosecuting their own affairs in private behind closed doors? Like for example limiting what they can do to their children, if they are allowed to beat and murder one another or having such insane and evil laws such as those some insane evil countries have where you can actually have your children taken away for not towing the state line on good parenting?

"While exact laws on the matter vary from planet to planet, we generally don't try to regulate what goes on in the home. That being said, if a child was being abused, and, say, a teacher noticed a bruise or something, they would be obligated to report it to the authorities, who would investigate any claims of abuse. If the parent was found guilty, the child would sent to live with relatives or to a children's shelter."

That's horrifying. The mere thought of families being split apart because the state disagrees with how the parents train their own offspring is both sickening and frightening. It saddens us greatly that your nation would adopt such views and we hope that one day you shall reconsider.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Cybus1
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:52 am

Purpelia wrote:
Cybus1 wrote:"While exact laws on the matter vary from planet to planet, we generally don't try to regulate what goes on in the home. That being said, if a child was being abused, and, say, a teacher noticed a bruise or something, they would be obligated to report it to the authorities, who would investigate any claims of abuse. If the parent was found guilty, the child would sent to live with relatives or to a children's shelter."

That's horrifying. The mere thought of families being split apart because the state disagrees with how the parents train their own offspring is both sickening and frightening. It saddens us greatly that your nation would adopt such views and we hope that one day you shall reconsider.

"Abuse, at least on the world I represent, Anaxes, is defined as causing long-lasting or permanent injury to a child, or mistreatment resulting in starvation, the development of psychological issues, or to purposefully withhold the basic necessities of life, such as food, water, medicine, clothes, and shelter, or sexually abusing their child. I believe you would agree that if a child were to be in such conditions, it would be better for all involved to separate them? If a parent can be shown to have reformed, they can be allowed to be reunited with their child."
-Jason Black, Didactian Council representative for Anaxes

Our Military
New Q&A!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Cybus1 wrote:
Purpelia wrote:That's horrifying. The mere thought of families being split apart because the state disagrees with how the parents train their own offspring is both sickening and frightening. It saddens us greatly that your nation would adopt such views and we hope that one day you shall reconsider.

"Abuse, at least on the world I represent, Anaxes, is defined as causing long-lasting or permanent injury to a child, or mistreatment resulting in starvation, the development of psychological issues, or to purposefully withhold the basic necessities of life, such as food, water, medicine, clothes, and shelter, or sexually abusing their child. I believe you would agree that if a child were to be in such conditions, it would be better for all involved to separate them? If a parent can be shown to have reformed, they can be allowed to be reunited with their child."
-Jason Black, Didactian Council representative for Anaxes

We understand what it means, we simply disagree with it for we find the very concept of the state intruding into the household to be barbaric. We see the family unit, especially the inner family unit (spouses + small children) as sovereign. What happens within the confines of those walls is up to the people involved and the state should have no say in the matter. And that ultimately means that until the child is of age the parent has absolute rights to raise it as he or she feels fit. Same goes for other things such as domestic abuse.

If you have a spouse that beats you than the Purpelian thing to do is beat back and not run to the police. Same thing if your spouse is trying to murder your children. That again is something you need to resolve between the two of you and a deadly weapon of your choice. The police need not and should not be involved. And if both parents agree to murder a child than that's their call to make.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information