NATION

PASSWORD

Aeia Sign-up Thread [MT, Open]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tyrnica
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tyrnica » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:55 am

Great Aldershire wrote:IC nation name: United Commonwealth of Wescaster
Capital: Wescaster
Government type: Federal constitutional monarchy
RP population: 10,182,300
Ethnic Group(s): Wescastric, Camric(?), Hilyic minority
GDP per capita (USD): $86,630.64
HDI: 0.927, similar to the United Kingdom
Brief background of nation:
After the Pergeleans abandoned Northern Asura, a vast power vacuum emerged, from which rose several petty kingdoms that had major influence over regional affairs. As consolidation of a national identity became more and more common, in 786 CE, King Aldrich, derived from the house of Helecroft, had negotiated and signed diplomatic armistices, which designated much of the now-modern state to him. He would become the first King of Wescaster, as well as being head of an identity that lasts until the present day. The country would then go a period of modernisation in the early 15th century, under the reign of Eustace the Great. Small colonies had been set up during this period, yet they were very unsuccessful. By the mid 18th century, the beginning of the Industrial Revolution had set Wescaster on the international stage at the time, as immigration from various parts of Asura would be at its highest point. Wescaster was considered a regional, secondary power. During the Great War, the currently pacifist government had instituted a strict policy of neutrality, and Wescaster had become less and less expansionist with the turn of the century.
Nowadays, Wescaster is a fledgling monarchy, and a major participant in international events, and close ties with other nations had internally strengthened the Government. A active, laissez-faire capitalist nation, it is both ethnically and politically diverse, with several parties that have debated and interacted with the socio-economic sphere.

Map claim (Imgur): https://i.imgur.com/sCaQziD.png

Geography and climate of nation: Akin to the rolling hills of Southern Ireland. Temperate, luscious, and a mostly cool climate.

How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): The Social Democrats, although possessing a strong liberal, anti-interventionist wing, have used their power to tamper with major disputes, and have their own share internally.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Begin to limit commercial shareholders which the Government would rely on in this circumstance, and hopefully set off a domino effect that limits other branches.

How did you hear about Aeia? Was scouring IIWiki.
What other nations do you use on NS? None.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Much information is still unfilled, since I am still learning the lore. :D

Hey there! I appreciate the application, and especially how much of the existing lore you factored into it. However, Aeia is currently undergoing an "indefinite hiatus" (as indicated on the regional WFE) and is thus not accepting new nations at the moment. I would be more than happy to point you towards some alternative options, either by joining the Aeian Discord or by sending me a gameside telegram. :)
Founder of Levilion and Administrator of Aeia

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:01 am

IC nation name: Northumbria
Capital: Bamburgh
Government type: Democracy
RP population: 10 million
Ethnic Group(s): Northumbrian
Language(s): Northumbrian
GDP per capita (USD): $25,000
HDI: 0.831
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): Northumbria is an independent country with a population of 10 million (as this is a fictional, non-Earth world I hope that my twice-doubling the RL Northumbrian population will be acceptable). It only relatively recently gained its independence from [insert a British or similarly-cultured nation who hopefully this can be agreed upon with], having undergone a cultural revival in the form of the 'Northumbrian Renaissance'. Although stereotypically a country of collieries and shipyards that has traditionally been hostile to socially progressive politics, the recent victory of Philip Proudfoot points to broader trends in Northumbrian society: the increasing availability of educational attainment, movement from towns to the cities, and the resulting emergence of a cosmopolitan youth that despite Northumbria's recently-gained independence looks to the south...
Map claim (Imgur):

Geography and climate of nation: Like RL Northumbria.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Northumbria does not have much military strength except for the bravery and skill of its people, but the nation's strength in mining coal and building ships is unsurpassed. Northumbria's main international role might be found in its politically-unstable domestic environment.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I don't know.

How did you hear about Aeia? F&NI front page
What other nations do you use on NS? Just this one at the moment.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): here

Any other info you wish to add (Optional):
Republic of Northumbria
Bede kinnie — Catgirl appreciator

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,
which comes across as House of Cards by the writers of Mr. Bean."

Previous

Return to Factbooks and National Information