NATION

PASSWORD

Aeia Sign-up Thread [MT, Open]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Panjiang
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Panjiang » Mon May 28, 2018 12:43 pm

I wanted to submit an updated application in accordance with the new map.

IC nation name: Democratic Republic of Panjiang
Capital: Haoxing
Government type: Federal presidential constitutional republic
RP population: 262,029,585
Ethnic Group(s):
  • Panjingese (74%)
  • Shijinese (14%)
  • Minjianese (7%)
  • Yoxingese (2%)
  • Other (3%)
Language(s):
  • Panjingese (National)
  • Shijinese (Regional)
  • Minjianese (Regional)
  • Yoxingese (Regional)
GDP per capita (USD):
  • $11,742 (PPP)
  • $8,088 (Nominal)
HDI: 0.825

Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): The Democratic Republic of Panjiang is a sovereign federal presidential republic located south of Tangkuo, southwest of Ashihara, and north of the Jade Ocean. Established on January 31, 1952, Panjiang is the direct successor state to the Republic of Haoxing which was, itself, a successor state to the long-lived Piqiu Dynasty. It was established by the Unification Treaties of 1951, which united the Republic of Haoxing with the Kingdom of Shijinguo, the Samhan Republic, and the warlord state known as the Baoshi Clique, following the cessation of hostilities that marked the end of the devastating Great Civil War. The post-war era has been marked by not only internal development and nationwide reconstruction, but also by ethnic strife and enduring political feuds that predate the civil war. In spite of the challenges that continue to endure, Panjiang has transformed itself into an emerging democracy with a solid and growing industrial base.

Map claim (Imgur): Located in Yidao. I updated my claim to be in sync with the new map.

Geography and climate of nation: Panjiang's eastern and southern provinces have a humid continental climate while the western and northern provinces have a cooler continental climate. Panjiang's northwestern provinces bordering Tangkuo are primarily steppeland while the provinces bordering western Ashihara are mountainous, hilly, and lightly forested. The great Zhenzhu, or Pearl, River flows south through the country's hinterland from its source, Mount Zongyi, in the Zhongren Mountain Range and hosts over a hundred and fifty million people within its drainage basin before emptying into Geili Bay and, ultimately, the Jade Ocean along the country's eastern coast through the twin port cities of Anjing and Fuguan. The Zhenzhu River Basin largely consists of flat farmland and some heavily forested areas. The smaller Baoshi River is a distributary that separates from the Zenzhu in the capital city of Haoxing. It is the only major river to empty into the Shuijing Sea along Panjiang's western coast. The Yesheng, or Wild, River has traditionally been regarded as the eastern boundary of the core provinces of the ancient Leiqiu Dynasty. Hosting nearly sixty million people within its unusually narrow drainage basin, the Leiqiu snakes its way south from its source, Mount Jiushenshe, in the Zhongren Mountains before emptying into the Jade Ocean through the ancient fortress city of Qinyang. The Meicheng River is a distributary that separates from the Yesheng and flows a bit further south before, also, emptying into the Jade Ocean through the port city of Dongxing.

How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Assuming its okay with my neighbors, I want Panjiang to be a rival, both ideologically and geopolitically, to Ashihara and, maybe, Tangkuo.

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I'd probably reduce the size and strength of the military. I might even reduce the population.

How did you hear about Aeia?: I saw it in one of the thread titles in, I think, the NationStates subforum. I checked you guys out and I'm interested.
What other nations do you use on NS?: My other primary account is Eol Sha. I haven't used it in some time, though. I'm coming back to NS after a hiatus.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): N/A

Any other info you wish to add (optional): Would it be possible to add some islands off of the coast of Panjiang?
Last edited by Panjiang on Tue May 29, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A Modern Era Nation: Courtesy of Eol Sha
  • Capital: Haoxing
  • Head of State: President Kang Gengxin
  • Head of Government: Chancellor Ying Jiayi

A 21.6 civilization, according to this index.

Haradesh
Political Columnist

Founded: May 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Haradesh » Mon May 28, 2018 8:41 pm

IC nation name: Vijayadesh, formally the Vijayan Empire
Capital: Dhali
Government type: Constitutional monarchy
RP population: 102.1 million
Ethnic Group(s): Marathi, Gujarati, Sindhi
Language(s): Marathi (official language), Gujarati, Sindhi, Rajasthani, Mewari
GDP per capita (USD): $18,075 (PPP), $10,500 (Nominal)
HDI: 0.796
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): IIwiki (older iteration of this concept for reference, some things stayed the same but things will be changed to fit Aeia canon)

Vijayadesh is a constitutional, parliamentary monarchy headed by the Chhatrapati, Mayur II and Peshwa Chaitanya Dhamdhere. The nation’s main legislative body is a tricameral parliament consisting of the Common Assembly, Grand Assembly, and the Princely Council. Marathi (Vijayan) is the official language of the state though there are a number of linguistic and ethnic minorities which receive representation through the Grand Assembly and Princely Council and maintain a relatively high degree of autonomy.

The formation of the modern Vijayan State dates back to the 13th century following the consolidation of power in the north-east under the Gokhale Dynasty. The Gokhale were able to unify a significant amount of territory under a centralized power, something that hadn’t been done since the 6th century AD in the Rajarashtra Plateau. The Gokhale expanded to encompass a number of different peoples across the Rajarashtra region. The various clans and peoples of the growing Vijayan Empier could come to be represented in the Princely Council, a legislative body which would serve as an advisory council to the Chhatrapati. In the 1500s Vijayadesh flourished, as a center of commerce, culture, and knowledge in Majula. Vijayan nobles welcomed foreign merchants from abroad, leading to the importation of far off resources and foreign culture and literature. The late 1600s and early to mid 1700s saw the country turn somewhat inward in an attempt to reject foreign influence. This policy of limited isolationism would last throughout much of the 1700s, with gradual change occuring in the 1780s and 1790s. The 1790s and the 19th century saw Vijayadesh make a number of distinct transformations, largely in order to maintain positive relations with the colonial powers and avoid outright colonization. This era is commonly known as the Phulanci Era (lit. Flowering Era) and saw vast changes to Vijayan politics, economics, and society. Under the Chhatrapati Rama III (1819 - 1868) the country saw the most radical reforms, the most controversial of which being sweeping reforms aimed at centralization. The rapid shift of political power from the traditional nobility towards the growing merchant and industrialist class led to the Saffron Rebellion in 1878. The Rebellion was put down but it represented a greater movement of those that opposed the sweeping reforms and rapid changes within the Vijayan Empire. Nevertheless, the country remained nominally independent throughout the 1800s. The 20th century saw the country develop steadily, although enduring a number of obstacles largely tied to growing urban-rural and rich-poor divide that is still very much present in the modern day.

Today Vijayadesh is a stable country with a steadily growing and diversifying market. However income disparity is a major problem in the country and has led to a number of violent radical uprisings throughout the late 60s. Vijayadesh also struggles with maintaining a free and open political system as the Vijayan Popular Party (working name) has retained dominant status in the Vijayan political process since the 1970s.

Map claim (Imgur): Here. Kind of messy but sort of a rough general idea, definitely willing to adjust it and move around as need be!

Geography and climate of nation: Mostly highlands with tropical wet and dry population centers and a semi-arid interior.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Vijayadesh is relatively strong state wise, with a large population and decent amount of wealth however it faces a number of obstacles. The main obstacle being the rich-poor and urban-rural divide. Another obstacle, linked to the previous, being disproportional social mobility as some groups of people are favored of others though the government maintains a de-jure policy of equality it is not always the case in practice. As far as interaction with the rest of the world Vijayadesh tends to take a less involved stance in terms of hard power projection -- preferring attempting to utilize soft power and focus on attracting foreign investment from larger powers.

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Absolutely
How did you hear about Aeia? Just browsing NS
What other nations do you use on NS? Mingdai / Yotosho (active) Marsane (inactive)
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):
FT stuff
News post

Any other info you wish to add (Optional):
Last edited by Haradesh on Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ossyrin
Civilian

Founded: May 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossyrin » Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 pm

IC nation name: The Northern Kingdoms as it is known by many Muslim nations, however Ossyrin to the International community and by most of itself.
Capital: Ba Stolpi (Stolpingrad or Alkhasu Ba depending on language.)
Government type: Constitutional Monarchy
RP population: 211.10 Million.
Ethnic Group(s): Ossyrin (Muslim and Muslim Mix), Niedersen (Muslim and Muslim mix from the more Eastern part of the country), Almani People (Natives from the North mixed with the European and Muslim ethnic groups.), and a ton of other Muslim and European ethnic groups as Ossyrin is a huge melting pot.
Language(s): Arabic, Ossyri (A hybrid of Spanish, French, Slavic Languages, and Arabic), some Scandinavian languages to the North, some dutch, Almanac (Almani People's native language) and a ton of other languages.
GDP per capita (USD): 38,500
HDI: 0.889
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):
Map claim (Imgur): I would go with the area below Miersa, however I do want a navy. So I'll take a good, reasonably sized western portion of the land below Tyronova. I would also like a small amount of land in the Middle Eastern/Medditeranean section of the map. If not then maybe some Islamic colonies in the Carribean? I just want to seem like a Kingdom.

Geography and climate of nation: Middle European. Cool, low to mid 80's in the summer with peaks in the low 90's with cold winters, especially in the north where a blizzard and avalanche season is designated from January 15th to April 16th.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):
Pro's
*Ossyrin has a cool climate all year with a rich fishing industry backed up by a good logging industry that booms in the fall and a always prominent mining industry. The Ossyrin shipbuilding company Amir-Mikhail Harbors is known as a huge provider of ships for countries world wide and Ossyrin takes advantage of its gulf.
*Ossyrin can use its cultural and religious aspects to enhance trade with fellow Middle Eastern nations, especially for oil.
*Ossyrin takes advantage of its trade and its natural resources and industries to create political allies.
Con's
*Ossyrin mining takes a hit during the blizzard and avalanche seasons due to the hazards.
*Being a Islamic nation surrounded by non Islamic nations is obviously tough.
*The don't have any land connections with Muslim states (if my request for a small handful of land in the Middle East is denied.)

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I would shrink, alongside the military: A. Population or B. Budget, or all of the above.

How did you hear about Aeia? I was hunting for a region for my alt when I decided to make a new nation.
What other nations do you use on NS? The Central Shadow Nation (going back to 10/28/14) and Krossa which is also old. (I left a tag here with that nation earlier.)
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Used to be in Ausozera with a nation called Moscecor. Was in it with Krossa for awhile aswell. Krossa and CSN have participated in many II conflicts and political events while I use CSN for multiverse and character roleplays.

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): What I imagined with this nation is a European Muslim fusion. If the Spanish area and its ethnic groups weren't taken, I decided to use basically all of middle, northern, and eastern Europe alongside heavy Muslim and middle eastern religious and cultural. Basically the last Bastion of Islam/The Northernmost Islamic Nation in the world.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Wed May 30, 2018 4:53 am

Panjiang wrote:I wanted to submit an updated application in accordance with the new map.

IC nation name: Democratic Republic of Panjiang
Capital: Haoxing
Government type: Federal presidential constitutional republic
RP population: 262,029,585
Ethnic Group(s):
  • Panjingese (74%)
  • Shijinese (14%)
  • Minjianese (7%)
  • Yoxingese (2%)
  • Other (3%)
Language(s):
  • Panjingese (National)
  • Shijinese (Regional)
  • Minjianese (Regional)
  • Yoxingese (Regional)
GDP per capita (USD):
  • $11,742 (PPP)
  • $8,088 (Nominal)
HDI: 0.825

Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): The Democratic Republic of Panjiang is a sovereign federal presidential republic located south of Tangkuo, southwest of Ashihara, and north of the Jade Ocean. Established on January 31, 1952, Panjiang is the direct successor state to the Republic of Haoxing which was, itself, a successor state to the long-lived Piqiu Dynasty. It was established by the Unification Treaties of 1951, which united the Republic of Haoxing with the Kingdom of Shijinguo, the Samhan Republic, and the warlord state known as the Baoshi Clique, following the cessation of hostilities that marked the end of the devastating Great Civil War. The post-war era has been marked by not only internal development and nationwide reconstruction, but also by ethnic strife and enduring political feuds that predate the civil war. In spite of the challenges that continue to endure, Panjiang has transformed itself into an emerging democracy with a solid and growing industrial base.

Map claim (Imgur): Located in Yidao. I updated my claim to be in sync with the new map.

Geography and climate of nation: Panjiang's eastern and southern provinces have a humid continental climate while the western and northern provinces have a cooler continental climate. Panjiang's northwestern provinces bordering Tangkuo are primarily steppeland while the provinces bordering western Ashihara are mountainous, hilly, and lightly forested. The great Zhenzhu, or Pearl, River flows south through the country's hinterland from its source, Mount Zongyi, in the Zhongren Mountain Range and hosts over a hundred and fifty million people within its drainage basin before emptying into Geili Bay and, ultimately, the Jade Ocean along the country's eastern coast through the twin port cities of Anjing and Fuguan. The Zhenzhu River Basin largely consists of flat farmland and some heavily forested areas. The smaller Baoshi River is a distributary that separates from the Zenzhu in the capital city of Haoxing. It is the only major river to empty into the Shuijing Sea along Panjiang's western coast. The Yesheng, or Wild, River has traditionally been regarded as the eastern boundary of the core provinces of the ancient Leiqiu Dynasty. Hosting nearly sixty million people within its unusually narrow drainage basin, the Leiqiu snakes its way south from its source, Mount Jiushenshe, in the Zhongren Mountains before emptying into the Jade Ocean through the ancient fortress city of Qinyang. The Meicheng River is a distributary that separates from the Yesheng and flows a bit further south before, also, emptying into the Jade Ocean through the port city of Dongxing.

How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Assuming its okay with my neighbors, I want Panjiang to be a rival, both ideologically and geopolitically, to Ashihara and, maybe, Tangkuo.

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I'd probably reduce the size and strength of the military. I might even reduce the population.

How did you hear about Aeia?: I saw it in one of the thread titles in, I think, the NationStates subforum. I checked you guys out and I'm interested.
What other nations do you use on NS?: My other primary account is Eol Sha. I haven't used it in some time, though. I'm coming back to NS after a hiatus.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): N/A

Any other info you wish to add (optional): Would it be possible to add some islands off of the coast of Panjiang?

Your application was already accepted, so unless you made alterations to your nation's GDP you are already in the region. I would suggest joining our discord server where we are most active.

Haradesh wrote:IC nation name: Vijayadesh, formally the Vijayan Empire
Capital: Dhali
Government type: Constitutional monarchy
RP population: 102.1 million
Ethnic Group(s): Marathi, Gujarati, Sindhi
Language(s): Marathi (official language), Gujarati, Sindhi, Rajasthani, Mewari
GDP per capita (USD): $18,075 (PPP), $10,500 (Nominal)
HDI: 0.796
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): IIwiki (older iteration of this concept for reference, some things stayed the same but things will be changed to fit Aeia canon)

Vijayadesh is a constitutional, parliamentary monarchy headed by the Chhatrapati, Mayur II and Peshwa Chaitanya Dhamdhere. The nation’s main legislative body is a tricameral parliament consisting of the Common Assembly, Grand Assembly, and the Princely Council. Marathi (Vijayan) is the official language of the state though there are a number of linguistic and ethnic minorities which receive representation through the Grand Assembly and Princely Council and maintain a relatively high degree of autonomy.

The formation of the modern Vijayan State dates back to the 13th century following the consolidation of power in the north-east under the Gokhale Dynasty. The Gokhale were able to unify a significant amount of territory under a centralized power, something that hadn’t been done since the 6th century AD in the Rajarashtra Plateau. The Gokhale expanded to encompass a number of different peoples across the Rajarashtra region. The various clans and peoples of the growing Vijayan Empier could come to be represented in the Princely Council, a legislative body which would serve as an advisory council to the Chhatrapati. In the 1500s Vijayadesh flourished, as a center of commerce, culture, and knowledge in Majula. Vijayan nobles welcomed foreign merchants from abroad, leading to the importation of far off resources and foreign culture and literature. The late 1600s and early to mid 1700s saw the country turn somewhat inward in an attempt to reject foreign influence. This policy of limited isolationism would last throughout much of the 1700s, with gradual change occuring in the 1780s and 1790s. The 1790s and the 19th century saw Vijayadesh make a number of distinct transformations, largely in order to maintain positive relations with the colonial powers and avoid outright colonization. This era is commonly known as the Phulanci Era (lit. Flowering Era) and saw vast changes to Vijayan politics, economics, and society. Under the Chhatrapati Rama III (1819 - 1868) the country saw the most radical reforms, the most controversial of which being sweeping reforms aimed at centralization. The rapid shift of political power from the traditional nobility towards the growing merchant and industrialist class led to the Saffron Rebellion in 1878. The Rebellion was put down but it represented a greater movement of those that opposed the sweeping reforms and rapid changes within the Vijayan Empire. Nevertheless, the country remained nominally independent throughout the 1800s. The 20th century saw the country develop steadily, although enduring a number of obstacles largely tied to growing urban-rural and rich-poor divide that is still very much present in the modern day.

Today Vijayadesh is a stable country with a steadily growing and diversifying market. However income disparity is a major problem in the country and has led to a number of violent radical uprisings throughout the late 60s. Vijayadesh also struggles with maintaining a free and open political system as the Vijayan Popular Party (working name) has retained dominant status in the Vijayan political process since the 1970s.

Map claim (Imgur): Here. Kind of messy but sort of a rough general idea, definitely willing to adjust it and move around as need be!

Geography and climate of nation: Mostly highlands with tropical wet and dry population centers and a semi-arid interior.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Vijayadesh is relatively strong state wise, with a large population and decent amount of wealth however it faces a number of obstacles. The main obstacle being the rich-poor and urban-rural divide. Another obstacle, linked to the previous, being disproportional social mobility as some groups of people are favored of others though the government maintains a de-jure policy of equality it is not always the case in practice. As far as interaction with the rest of the world Vijayadesh tends to take a less involved stance in terms of hard power projection -- preferring attempting to utilize soft power and focus on attracting foreign investment from larger powers.

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Absolutely
How did you hear about Aeia? Just browsing NS
What other nations do you use on NS? Mingdai / Yotosho (active) Marsane (inactive)
FT stuff
News post

Accepted, though given your population and the relative inactivity of the Majulan continent you may be entitled to claim more land along the eastern coast of the continent. I would suggest hopping on our discord to discuss this.

Ossyrin wrote:IC nation name: The Northern Kingdoms as it is known by many Muslim nations, however Ossyrin to the International community and by most of itself.
Capital: Ba Stolpi (Stolpingrad or Alkhasu Ba depending on language.)
RP population: 211.10 Million.
Ethnic Group(s): Ossyrin (Muslim and Muslim Mix), Niedersen (Muslim and Muslim mix from the more Eastern part of the country), Almani People (Natives from the North mixed with the European and Muslim ethnic groups.), and a ton of other Muslim and European ethnic groups as Ossyrin is a huge melting pot.
Language(s): Arabic, Ossyri (A hybrid of Spanish, French, Slavic Languages, and Arabic), some Scandinavian languages to the North, some dutch, Almanac (Almani People's native language) and a ton of other languages.
HDI: 0.889
Map claim (Imgur): I would go with the area below Miersa, however I do want a navy. So I'll take a good, reasonably sized western portion of the land below Tyronova. I would also like a small amount of land in the Middle Eastern/Medditeranean section of the map. If not then maybe some Islamic colonies in the Carribean? I just want to seem like a Kingdom.

Geography and climate of nation: Middle European. Cool, low to mid 80's in the summer with peaks in the low 90's with cold winters, especially in the north where a blizzard and avalanche season is designated from January 15th to April 16th.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):
Pro's
*Ossyrin has a cool climate all year with a rich fishing industry backed up by a good logging industry that booms in the fall and a always prominent mining industry. The Ossyrin shipbuilding company Amir-Mikhail Harbors is known as a huge provider of ships for countries world wide and Ossyrin takes advantage of its gulf.
*Ossyrin can use its cultural and religious aspects to enhance trade with fellow Middle Eastern nations, especially for oil.
*Ossyrin takes advantage of its trade and its natural resources and industries to create political allies.
Con's
*Ossyrin mining takes a hit during the blizzard and avalanche seasons due to the hazards.
*Being a Islamic nation surrounded by non Islamic nations is obviously tough.
*The don't have any land connections with Muslim states (if my request for a small handful of land in the Middle East is denied.)

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I would shrink, alongside the military: A. Population or B. Budget, or all of the above.

How did you hear about Aeia? I was hunting for a region for my alt when I decided to make a new nation.
What other nations do you use on NS? The Central Shadow Nation (going back to 10/28/14) and Krossa which is also old. (I left a tag here with that nation earlier.)
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Used to be in Ausozera with a nation called Moscecor. Was in it with Krossa for awhile aswell. Krossa and CSN have participated in many II conflicts and political events while I use CSN for multiverse and character roleplays.

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): What I imagined with this nation is a European Muslim fusion. If the Spanish area and its ethnic groups weren't taken, I decided to use basically all of middle, northern, and eastern Europe alongside heavy Muslim and middle eastern religious and cultural. Basically the last Bastion of Islam/The Northernmost Islamic Nation in the world.

Unfortunately, your culture and religion do not fit the requested location. Being an Irsadic nation in east asura greatly conflicts with the existing canon of the surrounding region, in addition, your disparate territorial claims and related population are also unacceptable. Furthermore, we do not allow colonial claims without members of the region first showing their commitment to their region through significant worldbuilding or RP activity. Nevertheless, if you do wish to maintain a nation in the style of a Muslim European nation, I would suggest creating an application neighbouring Ostrovia and Dayganistan. I would suggest discussing this in our regional discord.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Amaravathy
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Amaravathy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:41 am

IC nation name: The Sultanate of Amaravathy
Capital: Maliku
Government type: Absolute monarchy
RP population: 14,872
Ethnic Group(s):
- Thamizhar (Not!Tamils) (92%)
- Others (8%)
Language(s): Thamizhari (Not!Tamil Muslims)
GDP per capita (USD): $14,872
HDI: 0.763 (high)

The Sultanate of Amaravathy is a tiny independent island nation. Known as the "Jewel of the Seas", the island country features a single atoll with palm-fringed beaches and the bustling town of Tiruchirakotalli which features the majority of the island's population. Several uninhabited islets and sandbanks lay around the main atoll of Velanitivu which provide a refuge for seabirds and is protected by the Amaravathy government as the Velanitivu Seabird Conservation Area.
In the middle of the Velanitivu atoll, there is a small island within it. This island is home to the royal capital of Maliku, a small 'town' that consists of the Sultan's palace, barracks for guards and servants and a number of large houses for the noble families along with a large, ornate white mosque that is visited by many for their Friday prayers.

Amaravathy is an extremely peaceful, beautiful and tranquil country, with an extremely tiny population and white-sand beaches. The economy is slowly developing but in recent years the people of Amaravathy have taken to embracing the natural beauty of their atoll and have more or less shaped the economy to becoming a tourism-based service industry.

Map claim (Imgur):

Geography and climate of nation: A single atoll with a hot tropical climate with two monsoons.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): I think that Amaravathy might have a nice place at the bottom of the regional power structure. Amaravathy is tiny, not so rich and irrelevant, but I think Amaravathy can still play a part in Aeia as a budding tourism destination and could be the scene of some military action due to its location.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I am rather unsure, considering Amaravathy might as well be the smallest country in Aeira from what I can see in the application thread :P

How did you hear about Aeia? Browsing NS.
What other nations do you use on NS? This is my main nation now, as I used to play NS two years or so ago but I forgot my other nation.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): I'm sorry, I don't have one.

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): N/A
SULTANATE OF AMARAVATHY
அமராவதி சுல்தானகம்

Kash Island
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:34 am

IC nation name: Lupini Empire/Imperio Lupini
Capital: Loma
Government type: Neo-Fascist State( Led by Dante Montalbano)
RP population: 23,000,000
Ethnic Group(s):Lupini
Language(s): Lupini(Italian with stronger Latin influence)
GDP per capita (USD):19,000
HDI: 0.855
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): Lupini was a latin-italian style colony that was named after the Lupini Black Wolf, this wolf was seen by colonists as a smaller wolf but still vicious. Thus, the colony of Loma was created and the people called themselves Lupini. Eventually as the colony grew and lost contact with it's mainland and became sovereign. Over the years numerous governments came to power and peace with war interchanged until the 1920's when the Greenshirts came to power, installing a fascist government led by the charismatic Dante Montalbano.
Map claim (Imgur): https://i.imgur.com/LZhvW1z.png
Geography and climate of nation: Lupini has a hot medeterranian environment, with the northern end of the penesulia having the best weather as well as mount Lupe dominating the scenery, minus the mountain which get's snow at the top it s still somewhat hot. The further south one goes the palm trees and semi-arid landscapes begins to turn into a desert to the south. The southern region is the harshest and most poor while the north is the most prosperous.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): strengths: Good access to the ocean, strong militarized population/excellent internal security/ weakness: Ideological pariah, multiple rivals on land borders and strong rivals in the nearby oceans.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?:I would drop the population another order of a magnitude.

How did you hear about Aeia? ns
What other nations do you use on NS? Kash island

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Lupini is a neo-fascist state, it differs that steretypical fascist states in that it allows it's citizens firearms, legalized gay marriage(expecting couples to adopt children): National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2lNTdAiyWw National Banner of Lupini: https://i.imgur.com/PFTDulx.png
Last edited by Kash Island on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Modern Tech: Pure Despotism
Future Tech: n/al
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

Onza
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Onza » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:07 am

Amaravathy wrote:-snip-

Accepted based on your stats and concept. I'll let Midrasia have the final verdict on your map claim, though, so be prepared to alter that if needed.

Kash Island wrote:-snip-

Fascism is sometimes a played-out concept in RP, but you seem to have an interesting take on it and will probably be an interesting player internationally as a result. Your stats are also fine.

My only concern with your application is your location. That's not to say there's anything wrong with it -- it may well be fine -- but like the above app, I'm going to let Mid handle your map claim since it would be introducing a new culture to that area. You may also want to consider talking to Aquidneck -- our NOT!Italy -- and see about maybe marrying some history together. Otherwise, accepted.
Pro: Social Democracy, Feminism, Critical Race Theory, Humanitarianism, LGBTQ+ Rights, and Secular Humanism.
Anti: Donald Trump, Homophobia, Totalitarianism, Religious Indoctrination, and Corporatism.
Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.1
iiWiki|Factbook|Region

Socastia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Socastia » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:14 am

IC nation name: Socastia
Capital: Krasne
Government type: Absolute Monarchy
RP population: 17,245,346
Ethnic Group(s): Socastian
Language(s): Socastian
GDP per capita (USD): $28,362.62
HDI: 80.18
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): A Slavic nation that was able to hold on to its monarchy and avoided a Communist revolution.
Map claim (Imgur): https://gyazo.com/8be7ebb5c541b572e14e1313009ef1ca

Geography and climate of nation: Temperate continental climate.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Probably keep to its own however I don't currently know the situation in the region so I can't say for sure.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Most likely through RP ie a revolution or coup of sorts.

How did you hear about Aeia?: After browsing for a new region after I had left a previous RP region I happened to stumble across it.
What other nations do you use on NS?: None, this is my one and only.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am

Onza wrote:
Amaravathy wrote:-snip-

Accepted based on your stats and concept. I'll let Midrasia have the final verdict on your map claim, though, so be prepared to alter that if needed.

Kash Island wrote:-snip-

Fascism is sometimes a played-out concept in RP, but you seem to have an interesting take on it and will probably be an interesting player internationally as a result. Your stats are also fine.

My only concern with your application is your location. That's not to say there's anything wrong with it -- it may well be fine -- but like the above app, I'm going to let Mid handle your map claim since it would be introducing a new culture to that area. You may also want to consider talking to Aquidneck -- our NOT!Italy -- and see about maybe marrying some history together. Otherwise, accepted.

Ditto, accepted.

Socastia wrote:IC nation name: Socastia
Capital: Krasne
Government type: Absolute Monarchy
RP population: 17,245,346
Ethnic Group(s): Socastian
Language(s): Socastian
GDP per capita (USD): $28,362.62
HDI: 80.18
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): A Slavic nation that was able to hold on to its monarchy and avoided a Communist revolution.
Map claim (Imgur): https://gyazo.com/8be7ebb5c541b572e14e1313009ef1ca

Geography and climate of nation: Temperate continental climate.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Probably keep to its own however I don't currently know the situation in the region so I can't say for sure.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Most likely through RP ie a revolution or coup of sorts.

Accepted.
Last edited by Midrasia on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Ostry
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostry » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:18 am

Hello! I would like to preface this application by saying that I find this region very intriguing, as well as to “explain” my nation. I’m a sucker for small- and micro-states quite honestly, and getting back into RPing on NationStates, I wanted to try acting out such an entity. I also must say I am intrigued by playing nations that are not fully independent or are dependent territories, so this application comes with the question of if anyone already established here wants a troublesome snow-covered rock as part of their national territory. Due to this, my application is open to major revisions in order to fit the region properly.

IC nation name: Ostry
Capital: Jakóbgard
Government type: Devolved government in a [To be decided]
RP population: 21,630
Ethnic Group(s): N/A (Not collected by government)
Language(s): Ostric (69.6%), TBD (27.9%), Other (2.5%)
GDP per capita (USD): $27,739
HDI: 0.750
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): First inhabited by Slavic sailors and migrants possibly from the borders of Asura and Catai, Ostry remained in relative isolation until [TDB], under the rule of a tribal monarchy. After coming under the influence of and later annexed by [TBD] in [TBD], Ostry slowly over the centuries began to be settled by [colonizer’s culture] under a policy of land redistribution, government intervention, and repression of the Ostric language. In the 19th century, with the rise of nationalist sentiment in Aeia, the concept of an Ostric national identity and its independence began to form, leading to the failed Ostric Uprising in 1828. The island remained relatively quiet afterwards (outside of numerous famines and collapses in the fishing industry, leading to large emigration), although the formation of cultural organizations and trade unions in the early 1900s further destabilized [TBD]’s authority over the island. By the 1940s and 50s, the “Ostric Question” turned violent, with the separatist Ostric Republican Guard and the Unionist Defence Force attacking each other and civilians in a years-long campaign of terrorism. This Ostric Conflict ended in [TBD], with the island granted some sense of self-governance, although the issue of separatism is still unsettled and in constant risk of flaring up.
Map claim (Imgur): Due to the fact Ostry is a dependent territory, I am reserved on claiming a spot on the map right now, as I feel that can be worked out with whoever becomes my “parent country”. However, as an island territory, I feel I can fit almost anywhere if need be. In the time being, here’s a map of the island to get a gist. https://imgur.com/pVP4QXm

Geography and climate of nation: The relatively mountainous island is dominated by boreal forest on the coast, and tundra in the interior, forcing most of the population to live on the coast. Ostry sees, on average, extremely cold winters and short summers, with snow usually remaining until May.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): As a relatively small rock in the ocean, Ostry is almost laughably irrelevant outside of the internal politics of its parent country. However, the question on independence and rise in separatist sentiments could very much cause problems internationally for its parent country, depending on the situation.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?:Ostry is already fairly maligned and reduced, but I will gladly take any suggestions to improve my application or country in any way.

How did you hear about Aeia? Browsing on NS.
What other nations do you use on NS? None currently, formerly was in charge of the nations of Pisdara (2015-2018) and Lecistan (2015-2016) in the region of Esquarium, and have been active on NS on-and-off since around 2010-ish.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): An example of one of my newsposts: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=208024&p=32830309#p32909780
Also if you were ever in Esquarium you may have heard of me I'm that crazy guy that did the interactive elections for a time: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=400974&hilit=Pisdara+election#p30932626

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Ostric language, culture, and more is generally based off of the Kashubian people in Poland, although this is open to change if necessary!
Last edited by Ostry on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:32 am

Ostry wrote:Hello! I would like to preface this application by saying that I find this region very intriguing, as well as to “explain” my nation. I’m a sucker for small- and micro-states quite honestly, and getting back into RPing on NationStates, I wanted to try acting out such an entity. I also must say I am intrigued by playing nations that are not fully independent or are dependent territories, so this application comes with the question of if anyone already established here wants a troublesome snow-covered rock as part of their national territory. Due to this, my application is open to major revisions in order to fit the region properly.

IC nation name: Ostry
Capital: Jakóbgard
Government type: Devolved government in a [To be decided]
RP population: 21,630
Ethnic Group(s): N/A (Not collected by government)
Language(s): Ostric (69.6%), TBD (27.9%), Other (2.5%)
GDP per capita (USD): $27,739
HDI: 0.750
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): First inhabited by Slavic sailors and migrants possibly from the borders of Asura and Catai, Ostry remained in relative isolation until [TDB], under the rule of a tribal monarchy. After coming under the influence of and later annexed by [TBD] in [TBD], Ostry slowly over the centuries began to be settled by [colonizer’s culture] under a policy of land redistribution, government intervention, and repression of the Ostric language. In the 19th century, with the rise of nationalist sentiment in Aeia, the concept of an Ostric national identity and its independence began to form, leading to the failed Ostric Uprising in 1828. The island remained relatively quiet afterwards (outside of numerous famines and collapses in the fishing industry, leading to large emigration), although the formation of cultural organizations and trade unions in the early 1900s further destabilized [TBD]’s authority over the island. By the 1940s and 50s, the “Ostric Question” turned violent, with the separatist Ostric Republican Guard and the Unionist Defence Force attacking each other and civilians in a years-long campaign of terrorism. This Ostric Conflict ended in [TBD], with the island granted some sense of self-governance, although the issue of separatism is still unsettled and in constant risk of flaring up.
Map claim (Imgur): Due to the fact Ostry is a dependent territory, I am reserved on claiming a spot on the map right now, as I feel that can be worked out with whoever becomes my “parent country”. However, as an island territory, I feel I can fit almost anywhere if need be. In the time being, here’s a map of the island to get a gist. https://imgur.com/pVP4QXm

Geography and climate of nation: The relatively mountainous island is dominated by boreal forest on the coast, and tundra in the interior, forcing most of the population to live on the coast. Ostry sees, on average, extremely cold winters and short summers, with snow usually remaining until May.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): As a relatively small rock in the ocean, Ostry is almost laughably irrelevant outside of the internal politics of its parent country. However, the question on independence and rise in separatist sentiments could very much cause problems internationally for its parent country, depending on the situation.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?:Ostry is already fairly maligned and reduced, but I will gladly take any suggestions to improve my application or country in any way.

How did you hear about Aeia? Browsing on NS.
What other nations do you use on NS? None currently, formerly was in charge of the nations of Pisdara (2015-2018) and Lecistan (2015-2016) in the region of Esquarium, and have been active on NS on-and-off since around 2010-ish.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): An example of one of my newsposts: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=208024&p=32830309#p32909780
Also if you were ever in Esquarium you may have heard of me I'm that crazy guy that did the interactive elections for a time: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=400974&hilit=Pisdara+election#p30932626

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Ostric language, culture, and more is generally based off of the Kashubian people in Poland, although this is open to change if necessary!

Accepted, welcome to the region.
I would suggest asking around the discord for a parent country and map location.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Mardin Isles
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mardin Isles » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:40 am

IC nation name:Mardin Isles/Insí Mairdinde, Republic of (the)
Capital: An Ráth
Government type: Semi-presidential republic
RP population: 1.6 million
Ethnic Group(s): Mardinian (Lhaeraidh)
Language(s): Mardinian (a dialect of Mawr Lhaeraidh)
GDP per capita (USD): 54,000 (PPP)
HDI: 0.915
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): The Mardin Isles are a small group of islands located off the west coast of tir Lhaeraidd. The country consists primarily of three large islands: Upper Mardin, Lower Mardin and Inis Uí Breasail, as well a number of much smaller islands off their coasts. For most of its modern independence since 1926 it has been a democratic and stable country with a semi-presidential system of government. It is a mixed-market economy, with a balance between both a healthy free market and government run companies and subsidy programs.

The isles get their name from the Mairdinde, the people who were the first Celtic settlers on the isles from mainland Asura. Over time several petty kingdoms had formed, known as túatha. These were centered around royal families, whose names form the basis for many Mardinian surnames today. Vrnallian and Lhedwinic raiders from Crylante invaded and settled on much of Upper Mardin in the 9th and 10th centuries and introduced Truathism to the isles. Over the following centuries, a unique syncretic culture emerged amongst the Celtic and northern settlers with the only major difference being religion - Vrnallian and Lhedwinic settlers were Trúathi while the Celtic settlers remained pagan.

The tribes and kingdoms were frequently at war with each other and were generally all poorly equipped and organised. This led to the invasion and conquest of the entire archipelago by tir Lhaeraidd within a few years, finishing in 1415. For the following five centuries, the Mardin Isles would remain part of tir Lhaeraidd and under the control of the Teyrn. Despite the two having almost identical cultures and languages, tir Lhaeraidd acted to bring the isles closer in line with it. During this time, the old Mardinian language was reformed into a much more closely related dialect of Mawr Lhaeraidh, and brought the pagan beliefs of the Mardinian people in line with Derwyedd.

In the wake of other self-determination movements in the late 19th century, an autonomist movement became popular. The movement was egged on by a desire for self-rule, better rights for workers, and an anti-aristocratic sentiment. Home Rule was initially rejected by the Teyrn, which was followed by anger and violence within the isles. As tir Lhaeraidd entered the Great War in 1897, separatists declared an independent republic which was unrecognized and short lived. It concluded after the Great War when tir Lhaeraidd agreed to Home Rule, albeit with the Teyrn still executing full control under a devolved assembly. As with in the mainland, trade unions were legalised and rights for workers established, easing much of the remaining tensions.

This did not end the desire for independence. Separatists won all directly elected seats in the assembly in 1921, and soon tir Lhaeraidd agreed to negotiations on independence. An agreement was formed in 1925 and approved in a referendum on independence, leading to a declaration of independence in 1926 following a withdrawal of the Lhaeraidh navy.

Map claim (Imgur): This still has to be worked on. I have envisaged a small archipelago off the west coast of tL, south of Vrnallia. I intend to work on this via Discord in the coming days and will post the claim here when it's done

Geography and climate of nation: Lying within a temperate climate, it would have mild summers and cool winters. The prevailing wind from the west would bring shifts of weather from the ocean, while northerly winds bring in snowfall, especially during the winter. Mardin Isles would have some of the highest levels of rainfall in Asura, thanks to oceanic currents.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):I imagine the Mardin Isles playing a rather small part of the international community, due to its small size and its position as a neutral state, but perhaps active enough on a local level. Port towns/cities, especially An Ráth and Baile idir Dhá Abhainn would be major local trading ports. Since independence, the Mardin Isles have also offered to act as mediators in conflicts. The Mardin Isles has a small and rather weak military, relying on larger neighbours for reassurance. However, the Mardin Isles would try to be a moderate and competitive nation in the realm of economics, hoping to attract foreign companies to its shores on the promise of a low corporate tax rate, a talented and educated workforce as well as a stable, mixed-market democracy.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I would reduce the GDP and/or modify the economic power/influence.

How did you hear about Aeia? Through browsing MT regions.
What other nations do you use on NS? I used to be known as Lyonsland in Esquarium.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Here, here and here.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:19 am

Mardin Isles wrote:IC nation name:Mardin Isles/Insí Mairdinde, Republic of (the)
Capital: An Ráth
Government type: Semi-presidential republic
RP population: 1.6 million
Ethnic Group(s): Mardinian (Lhaeraidh)
Language(s): Mardinian (a dialect of Mawr Lhaeraidh)
GDP per capita (USD): 54,000 (PPP)
HDI: 0.915
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): The Mardin Isles are a small group of islands located off the west coast of tir Lhaeraidd. The country consists primarily of three large islands: Upper Mardin, Lower Mardin and Inis Uí Breasail, as well a number of much smaller islands off their coasts. For most of its modern independence since 1926 it has been a democratic and stable country with a semi-presidential system of government. It is a mixed-market economy, with a balance between both a healthy free market and government run companies and subsidy programs.

The isles get their name from the Mairdinde, the people who were the first Celtic settlers on the isles from mainland Asura. Over time several petty kingdoms had formed, known as túatha. These were centered around royal families, whose names form the basis for many Mardinian surnames today. Vrnallian and Lhedwinic raiders from Crylante invaded and settled on much of Upper Mardin in the 9th and 10th centuries and introduced Truathism to the isles. Over the following centuries, a unique syncretic culture emerged amongst the Celtic and northern settlers with the only major difference being religion - Vrnallian and Lhedwinic settlers were Trúathi while the Celtic settlers remained pagan.

The tribes and kingdoms were frequently at war with each other and were generally all poorly equipped and organised. This led to the invasion and conquest of the entire archipelago by tir Lhaeraidd within a few years, finishing in 1415. For the following five centuries, the Mardin Isles would remain part of tir Lhaeraidd and under the control of the Teyrn. Despite the two having almost identical cultures and languages, tir Lhaeraidd acted to bring the isles closer in line with it. During this time, the old Mardinian language was reformed into a much more closely related dialect of Mawr Lhaeraidh, and brought the pagan beliefs of the Mardinian people in line with Derwyedd.

In the wake of other self-determination movements in the late 19th century, an autonomist movement became popular. The movement was egged on by a desire for self-rule, better rights for workers, and an anti-aristocratic sentiment. Home Rule was initially rejected by the Teyrn, which was followed by anger and violence within the isles. As tir Lhaeraidd entered the Great War in 1897, separatists declared an independent republic which was unrecognized and short lived. It concluded after the Great War when tir Lhaeraidd agreed to Home Rule, albeit with the Teyrn still executing full control under a devolved assembly. As with in the mainland, trade unions were legalised and rights for workers established, easing much of the remaining tensions.

This did not end the desire for independence. Separatists won all directly elected seats in the assembly in 1921, and soon tir Lhaeraidd agreed to negotiations on independence. An agreement was formed in 1925 and approved in a referendum on independence, leading to a declaration of independence in 1926 following a withdrawal of the Lhaeraidh navy.

Map claim (Imgur): This still has to be worked on. I have envisaged a small archipelago off the west coast of tL, south of Vrnallia. I intend to work on this via Discord in the coming days and will post the claim here when it's done

Geography and climate of nation: Lying within a temperate climate, it would have mild summers and cool winters. The prevailing wind from the west would bring shifts of weather from the ocean, while northerly winds bring in snowfall, especially during the winter. Mardin Isles would have some of the highest levels of rainfall in Asura, thanks to oceanic currents.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):I imagine the Mardin Isles playing a rather small part of the international community, due to its small size and its position as a neutral state, but perhaps active enough on a local level. Port towns/cities, especially An Ráth and Baile idir Dhá Abhainn would be major local trading ports. Since independence, the Mardin Isles have also offered to act as mediators in conflicts. The Mardin Isles has a small and rather weak military, relying on larger neighbours for reassurance. However, the Mardin Isles would try to be a moderate and competitive nation in the realm of economics, hoping to attract foreign companies to its shores on the promise of a low corporate tax rate, a talented and educated workforce as well as a stable, mixed-market democracy.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I would reduce the GDP and/or modify the economic power/influence.

How did you hear about Aeia? Through browsing MT regions.
What other nations do you use on NS? I used to be known as Lyonsland in Esquarium.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Here, here and here.

Accepted, welcome to the region!
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Nordhurlant
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordhurlant » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:31 pm

IC nation name:Nordhurlant
Capital:Nordhurstadt
Government type:Absolute Monarchy (Principality)
RP population:809,863
Ethnic Group(s):Nordhic, Tapetihannic
Language(s):Nordhic, Tapetihan
GDP per capita (USD):$12,201
HDI: 0.723
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Nordhurlant
Map claim (Imgur):https://imgur.com/a/TXoaVCw
Geography and climate of nation:On IIWiki.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):Strengths: natural resources Weaknesses: small population, unstable government
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I wouldn't do fewer people, but I would tone down the natural resources a bit.

How did you hear about Aeia? Searching for new wonderful regions, and stumbled upon this one.
What other nations do you use on NS?Nyelant, Cnoclarnach, Nova Gotia, Slesvig-Holsteen, Groenlandt, Norvesturlant, Snealeant, Bob NT
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):Only really do news-style RP, and I've lost everything I could put here.

Olycadon
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Olycadon » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:47 pm

IC nation name: Empire of Olycadon Image
Capital: Visoka as the official capital. Kassvet Olycadon's capital is Lazac.
RP population: 82,500,000
Ethnic Group(s): Olycadonian (62.9%), Kassvet Olycadonian (More slavic peoples. 15%), (not!)Arabic Olycadonian (17%), North (not!)African (2.9%), Chalcian (1.0%), 2.2% Other (Native Kassvet,Sclavonic,etc.)
Language(s): Official: Olycadonian, Kassvetian, Cebragai | Non Official but Spoken by atleast 1/5 of the population: Afrikaan, Other Arabic Languages,Chalcian whatever Italian is, and alot of other Slavic languages.
GDP per capita (USD): 35,500
HDI: 0.895

The area that modern day Olycadon is settled upon was first inhabited by Asiatic nomads. Originally settling on the highlands and taking advantage of the many water sources the nomads were eventually hit by a drought, with many of them expanding into the rest of Asura. At around 1500 BCE groups of settlers first exploited the mountains of modern day Olycadon, gaining many gems, stones, and gold. These minerals are found in many Mountinian(the name given to those people)weapons and uncovered clothing pieces. Rock and cave paintings document the mining. The first trace of what would become a great empire originated in the central highlands.

Over the next few centuries the Mountinian expanded to the coast and to the Konecny Wetlands, aswell as the surrounding seas to the east. Olycadon got its name and the people who lived in the region, known as the Olycadonians, went on to claim the land that is modern day Olycadon. The first city states were established around 700 BCE. The Mountinian-period Olycadonians built the first ships and began fishing offshore. Early mining developments continued in the mountains, and agriculture spiked across the country as the settlers took advantage of the freshwater bodies in the country.

Throughout the rest of the BCE time period Olycadonian civilization and culture developed. Around the 200's barbarian raiders from Slavic Asura and Arabekh invaders pushed into a unprepared Olycadon. Without a good military the leader of Visoka, the city-state targeted by Barbaric raids, fielded gladiators and citizens armed with farming tools,hunting weapons, and whatever the blacksmiths could pull out of the forge. One of the militia members, a young aspiring architect named Nykon confronted his fellow defenders with a strategy. Archers and able-bodied defenders would line up on the high ground whilst hurling objects and firing on Barbaric positions. Meanwhile the gladiators and better fighters would wait to ambush the enemy after they took cover. This plan worked to everyones surprise. As Nykon returned to Visoka he was hailed as a hero. His first act, however, was to overthrow the incompetent ruler who had nearly caused the fall of the city. Nykon succeeded with no retaliation.

His first act was to raise a appropriate military as word had spread that a large invasion to the south was beginning. He spread from city state to city state gaining men and men's trust. The highly successful Arabekh invaders were approaching Visoka themselves. They decided to wait until Visoka's defences fell to intervene. By then, the Arabekhs would be exhausted from the trek and the fight. Encircling them was Nykon's newly assembled army. The Arabekh's stood no chance and fell easily. They then set out west to gain more support and defeat Arabekh forces remaining in the Olycadon land. Nykon gained ships from the coastal cities and sailed south, where they would reach Toplica. The Great Retribution began with Nykon and is forces reclaiming Olycadon from the Arabekh. By then he had gained many titles-Imperator, Reclaimer, Vindicator. But the most recognized was emperor. Emperor Nykon had united Olycadon under his leadership and was ready to begin a conquest.

Throughout the 200's and 100's the Olycadonian conquest of the southern regions highlighted the Olycadonian Empire. In 208 BCE Olycadon lost a large portion of their land after a crippling famine destroyed many crops and lives. Olycadon wouldn't regain its lost land until 873, when Emperor Sando II named the well respected Klivent of Mladreys a Vindicator and sent him off to reclaim what the empire had long since lost. Over 8 years Klivent returned to Visoka victorious. He was next sent east on a quest to reach the Sea of Brassida. He would never succeed, however years later other conquerors belonging Olycadon managed to complete that task.

War was not the only way that Olycadon gained land and resources. It established strong diplomatic ties with many Arab kingdoms and groups, with some even joining Olycadon and turning the empire into the melting pot it is. The Olycadonian empire was in control of most of these grey areas below it for hundreds of years. In 1545 four vessels set off to colonize a island in the new world.

In 1618 The One Revolution began. This fight lasted 12 years, with Visoka even falling to rebel forces only to be reclaimed by Sultan Baasim al-Mansoor of Murad and his forces. From 1630 to 1672 the al-Mansoor dynasty ruled Olycadon before a Olycadion emperor was finally reinstated as the figurehead of Olycadon. Although the rebels did not succeed, their fight and idealogy was adopted in Delchov Adress, a document signed in 1654 which limited the power that emperors, sultans, tsars, and kings/queens had over their citizens. This was followed by the Forming Body, a document created in 1680 that created a governing body of elected officials. The Council featured 82 elected bodies from throughout the Empire.

In 1734 the Judicial and Legislative branch was created. The legislative is just the council. In 1795 Yumar, the state next to Kodesh, declares independence from Olycadon. After a 8 day war Yumar is granted independence. In 1809 the first president is elected on a 5 year term. After being elected via the vote of the citizens, the council confirms Najden Razvigorov.

In 1872 (-1873) The Oil Wars break out. A large nation in the Olycadonian empire along the coast of the Iranic Sea forms its own constitution and overthrows its Sultanate after oil is discovered there. The Olycadonian Army and Navy overpowers the country however they plead for independence and get it. Olycadon will benefit from this by gaining oil.

In 1883 the first Imperial War begins: Nearly 700,000 citizens are killed and 800,000 soldiers die in a four year, bloody war between the Kassvet Kingdom after unfair treatment of their people sparks the bombing of a train carrying the Olycadonian emperor. A ethnic genocide of over 150,000 Kassvetians is one of the many atrocities committed. The other United Kingdoms in the empire fight eachother over what belongs to them as a people and three countries leave the Empire with no resistance by the Olycadonian military and government. Now consisting of four monarchies: The Kassvet Kingdom(Tsardom), the Olycadonian Empire, The Murad Sultanate, and the Juddeen Kingdom, Olycadon begins a rebuild.

They remains out of the great war for the first year, however the then president Boban Popov proposes that a war as a nation will strengthen the empire's bond as a people and lessen ethnic troubles. Surprisingly, instead of scoffing at him, the council votes yes and the Olycadonians get involved. Their role is never major, however propaganda spreads in a effort to restore national moral.

In 1915, the Juddeen Kingdom succeeds from the Empire. Olycadon is now in its current land. From 1915 onwards Olycadon begins a period of modernization, industrialization, and unification. Their economy booms and the nation builds up a respectable military in response to the rise of communism. Ethnic tensions die down.

In 1971 The Second Imperial War begins. It is a small conflict that erupts after the Sultan of Murad finds out a plot to eliminate his house. Fights break out between the two and It lasts 16 days. a 52 die however ethnic tensions do not spike as anticipated.

In 1994 a unrecognized state is created by Kassvet's and mercenaries hired by Tsarina Aneta Parlichev. Parlichev's army controls a small town. In modern days it still exists carrying out raids on nearby villages. They have been responsible for 24 deaths and 36 million dollars lost.

Olycadon is one of the most developed countries now, although it is still plagued with some resistance. Its military has received a large amount of funding which has unfortunately led to some job loss and a cut of some public health system aspects and even some infrastructural cuts. These sacrifices are believed to be needed, however, as Olycadon borders two large communist/socialist countries. Many believe that war is imminent, and it is unknown when demilitarization will begin.

Map claim (Imgur): Korce's dead husk. I want to work up to having some overseas territory.

Geography and climate of nation: Greece/Turkey. Mediterranean climate. I made this poorly drawn image to show rivers and mountain ranges. Black is mountain ranges, white is big cities, and blue is water.
Pros
The Climate is good for the economy.
Olycadon is located next to the several large areas of water.
They have a strong agricultural market.
The military has upgraded its equipment and training quality since 2002.
The country features a good educational program.

Cons
Political tensions have been high in the recent years.
They are next to an area in which socialism/communism resides.
Due to these tensions, three states have formed within Olycadon. The Crespov Separatist Republic, a left wing organization that took control of the city of Aalograd on the border of Dreyvisevich in 2017 which lasted for 5 weeks. The other is the True Kingdom of Kassvetia, which was formed in 1994 when the 20 year old daughter of the Kassvetian king tried to assassinate her older brother while the king was ill. This failed and instead she stole from her house and created a private army. Today Tsarina Aneta Parlichev is in charge of a small, unrecognized state consisting of 1,000 Kassvetians. The other is a group of Arabic terrorists, The Guiding Light, who have launched countless attacks on Olycadon. Their goal is to free the city of Muhad from Olycadonian influence.
The military budget has increased since 2002, causing a once good healthcare program to decrease in quality and accessibility.
The city is dealing with a refugee crisis from the south. This has taken a toll on some of the rich farmland along the Konecny Wetlands region as it has became residential room.

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Population.

How did you hear about Aeia? Browsing.
What other nations do you use on NS? The Central Shadow Nation/Krossa.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): I was in Project Warfighter, many II roleplays, some NS sports, and I was in Ausozera for some time with a nation called Moscecor and also Krossa.

Last edited by Olycadon on Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:20 pm

Nordhurlant wrote:IC nation name:Nordhurlant
Capital:Nordhurstadt
Government type:Absolute Monarchy (Principality)
RP population:809,863
Ethnic Group(s):Nordhic, Tapetihannic
Language(s):Nordhic, Tapetihan
GDP per capita (USD):$12,201
HDI: 0.723
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Nordhurlant
Map claim (Imgur):https://imgur.com/a/TXoaVCw
Geography and climate of nation:On IIWiki.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):Strengths: natural resources Weaknesses: small population, unstable government
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I wouldn't do fewer people, but I would tone down the natural resources a bit.

How did you hear about Aeia? Searching for new wonderful regions, and stumbled upon this one.
What other nations do you use on NS?Nyelant, Cnoclarnach, Nova Gotia, Slesvig-Holsteen, Groenlandt, Norvesturlant, Snealeant, Bob NT
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):Only really do news-style RP, and I've lost everything I could put here.

Accepted, though you may wish to increase your population slightly given your territory

Olycadon wrote:IC nation name: Empire of Olycadon (Image)
Capital: Visoka as the official capital. Kassvet Olycadon's capital is Lazac.
RP population: 116,000,000
Ethnic Group(s): Olycadonian (68.9%), Kassvet Olycadonian (More slavic peoples. 15%), (not!)Arabic Olycadonian (8%), North (not!)African (2.9%), Chalcian (3.0%), 2.2% Other (Native Kassvet,Sclavonic,etc.)
Language(s): Official: Olycadonian, Kassvetian, Cebragai | Non Official but Spoken by atleast 1/5 of the population: Afrikaan, Other Arabic Languages,Chalcian whatever Italian is, and alot of other Slavic languages.
HDI: 0.893

Map claim (Imgur): Korce's dead husk. I want to work up to having some overseas territory.

Geography and climate of nation: Greece/Turkey. Mediterranean climate. I made this poorly drawn image to show rives and mountain ranges. Black is mountain ranges, white is big cities, and blue is water.
Pros
The Climate is good for the economy
Olycadon is located next to the several large areas of water.
They have a strong agricultural market
They a

Cons
They are next to Veleaz, whos invading everyone?
They are next to an area in which socialism/communism resides.

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Population.

How did you hear about Aeia? Browsing.
What other nations do you use on NS? The Central Shadow Nation/Krossa.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): I was in Project Warfighter, many II roleplays, some NS sports, and I was in Ausozera for some time with a nation called Moscecor and also Krossa.

A reduction in your population would be ideal
Last edited by Midrasia on Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Onza
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Onza » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:20 am

Olycadon wrote:-snip-

I'm glad you found our region and decided to apply. In addition to Midrasia's suggestion about reducing your population, I also want to offer some feedback.

• You left your background section absolutely blank. That's normally forgivable for a player with your RP ability, because we can trust that you'll plug yourself into the lore, but given that you are claiming a powerful role I would like if you explored the concept here on the app thread sufficiently.
  • I think the "cons" you listed are quite weak. They honestly bring no balance to your nation whatsoever and aren't true cons. I would encourage you to look at some of the previous apps that were accepted with larger populations and see how they used weaknesses to properly balance their nation in the world scheme. You didn't talk about your military, but right now you appear to have a very strong economy with no stated weaknesses whatsoever.
  • Some positive feedback: judging by your ethnic groups and diverse set of languages, I'd say you probably have an interesting concept in mind. Get more of that on paper so we can properly review it!

Feel free to respond here as needed.
Last edited by Onza on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Social Democracy, Feminism, Critical Race Theory, Humanitarianism, LGBTQ+ Rights, and Secular Humanism.
Anti: Donald Trump, Homophobia, Totalitarianism, Religious Indoctrination, and Corporatism.
Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.1
iiWiki|Factbook|Region

Olycadon
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Olycadon » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:26 am

Onza wrote:
Olycadon wrote:-snip-

I'm glad you found our region and decided to apply. In addition to Midrasia's suggestion about reducing your population, I also want to offer some feedback.

• You left your background section absolutely blank. That's normally forgivable for a player with your RP ability, because we can trust that you'll plug yourself into the lore, but given that you are claiming a powerful role I would like if you explored the concept here on the app thread sufficiently.
  • I think the "cons" you listed are quite weak. They honestly bring no balance to your nation whatsoever and aren't true cons. I would encourage you to look at some of the previous apps that were accepted with larger populations and see how they used weaknesses to properly balance their nation in the world scheme. You didn't talk about your military, but right now you appear to have a very strong economy with no stated weaknesses whatsoever.
  • Some positive feedback: judging by your ethnic groups and diverse set of languages, I'd say you probably have an interesting concept in mind. Get more of that on paper so we can properly review it!

Feel free to respond here as needed.

Its called being WIP lol. And I was still working on cons, which is why I have less than pro's. Also, TG me about the last part, I want to put as much work into that as possible.

Morsrige
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morsrige » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:29 pm

IC nation name: Morsrige
Capital: Ugortei
Government type: Confederal directorial republic
RP population: 743,200 (2010 estimate)
Ethnic Group(s): 89% Morse*, 6% Asuro-Lhedwinic, 4% Mainland Asuran, 1% other

* Finno-Ugric/Baltic with Lhedwinic/Celtic culture
Language(s): Morse, Nausikaan, Lilledelic, Rigjordic, Vrnallian
GDP per capita (USD): $49,825
HDI: 0.790
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Morsrige WIP
Map claim (Imgur):

Geography and climate of nation: Morsrige is an island nation made up of multiple islands (the largest and most densely inhabited being Ugortanmo) located in the Lhedwinic archipelago to the west of Crylante, with a predomaintly temperate climate, and a slightly colder climate in the mountains in the north.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Strengths: high HDI and GDP, relatively developed nation with reasonable alliances with some of its Lhedwinic neighbours. Morsrige has democratic and liberal politics and a directorial republic that promotes the idea of direct democracy and holds many referendums instead of parliaments passing laws.

Weaknesses: No military
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: HDI and GDP could be decreased, maybe population

How did you hear about Aeia? Esquarium, more specifically Crylante if I remember correctly
What other nations do you use on NS? Ceresnia
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): viewtopic.php?p=33265238#p33265238

Colerva
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Colerva » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:55 pm

IC nation name: Republic of Colerva
Capital: San Philipe
Government type: Constitutional presidential republic (de jure) Kleptocratic state (de facto)
RP population: 17.1 million
Ethnic Group(s): Veleazan, Midrasian, Tetioxuaal, Vestro-Asuran, Vestro-Lhedwinic
Language(s): Veleazan, Midrasian, Tetioxuaal languages,
GDP per capita (USD): 9,370
HDI: 0.763
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):Colerva was first discovered in 1512 by Midrasian explorer Pierre Monblanc Ravcheaux. He did not land, but carefully mapped the coastlines of the modern day Novalz and Monblanc islands, as well as the Colervan mainland island. In 1514 he was captured by pirates and sold to the Veleazan Crown, who interrogated him and carefully noted the details of his discoveries. He was released the following year and King Philipe II of Veleaz began to look for colonial endeavours. Juan de la Torre was first to step up. His expedition ran into a storm, causing the loss of one ship and severe damage of two. The remaining ships landed in the Novalz islands, where de la Torre founded the town of Delatorre. It was quickly overtaken by natives and with most of his crew dead Juan was forced to return to Veleaz. Another expedition set out in 1518, under command of Domingo Colervana, with 9 ships and over 4000 colonists and crew. The fleet experienced no trouble at sea and passed through the Novalz Islands, which Colervana named. He tasked his lieutenant, Carlos Veragos, with taking a group of colonists and soldiers into the islands, to find the settlement of Delatorre. Veragos found it in ruins, and upon it he declared the city of New North Tolvas, named after his birthplace. Meanwhile Colervana proceeded to the mainland. He sighted the Gran Entrada, or Great Inlet, on April 1st 1519. He originally settled at the mouth of the Inlet, setting up an outpost and his base of operations. He made contact with natives who believed them as gods. This allowed him to easily take over the Inlet. He ordered the natives to construct a great city in his name at the end of the Inlet. Sao Domingo was born. At this point he claimed the territory and sent word back to Veleaz that a colony had been established. By 1525 most of the island had been explored, mapped, and claimed. Natives were subdued. By this time, Veragos had explored all of the Novalz Islands and claimed them as well. In 1523, Ravcheaux's young son came to the colonies. He, with a network of mercenaries, explored and exploited the Monblanc Islands, and founding the city of Ravcheaux on Ravcheaux Island. He declared it under his control, and the Kingdom of the Monblancs in 1525.

By 1600, all of the modern islands had been mapped, and absorbed, into the Veleazan colony of Colerva. Colervana's grandson, Viceroy Rodrigo, has moved the colonial capital to his namesake-city San Rodrigo, causing controversy. The city of San Philipe, founded in 1531 by Philipe II himself on his third visit to the colonies, was formerly the capital, and so Charles IV of Veleaz was very disappointed to hear the news. Rodrigo together with Pierre Danoix, grandson of Ravcheaux, declared independence in 1607. Veleaz invaded, retook the colony, installed new governance, with Danoix and Ridrigo y Colervana were executed. The colonies' population grew to around 1 million around this time, because of people fleeing Veleaz. Many Midrasians were in the Monblancs too. But cultural separation over decades became a problem. As the Veleazan Empire crumbled, the colonies looked to the past, seeing revolutionary Rodrigist spirit. The independence movement tensions first sparked up in November 1805 with the Novalz Slave revolt. Over 6000 slaves rose up against their owners and caused a brutal 3 month conflict that ended only when the owners were forced to free their slaves. In response to this, incompetent Veleazan Queen Zara ordered martial law to be put in place. the Viceroy questioned this, but carried it out anyway. In 1808, under massive pressure from a large colonial populaion, Viceroy Manuel Cortoba, refused to uphold the strict laws. Tolvas ordered him to resign and return to Veleaz, but instead the people launched the Colervan Revolution. Under the leadership of Cortoba, an eight year war was fought. Although bloody, the Veleazans did not exert much military effort. The colonies officially declared the independent First Republic of Colerva. Cortoba was elected president with 98.9% of the vote. He spearheaded a patriotic establishment of the new country, severing ties with Veleaz and expanding influence in the Columbian Sea.

Cortoba began to age. The nation doubted his decisions in the Second Monblanc War, 1824-1825. Although the Kingdom there fell and was added to Colerva, the President had made many poor choices. He resigned in 1827 after health doubts, and died the following year. His successor, Jose Esquillar, proclaimed a year of mourning. Esquillar was quick to spend on useless infrastructure projects, and wasteful wars to attain more islands. His military doubted him, and, his finaciers began to as well. In 1829, an agreement was made at the town of Coasta Noble, between a descendant of the Explorer Colervana, also called Domingo, and a group of Colervan officers and bankers. A few months later, they launched a coup, and Esquillar was deposed. A new monarchy, the Kingdom of Colerva and the Monblancs was founded, with Domingo being proclaimed Domingo I. He was popular and supported by the populace. He established a new dynasty. The Second Republic overthrew the monarchy under Pedro I in 1876, but it only lasted 3 years before the monarchy was restored. But Pedro's successor, his son Domingo III, was unable to advance Colerva. He refused to accept any Asuran imports or technology, and refused to contact with Veleaz. In 1897, his success in bringing famine to the nation was profound, and a revolution arose just after his assasination. A General, Juan y Manuel Diaz, declared himself Emperor after the revolt. He was popular but as a show of humbleness he changed his title to Caudillo in 1901.

Diaz bought forward a new age of change and success in Colerva. New agricultural, and home technology was shipped in as part of Asuran trade deals, and the quality of life in the islands increased greatly. The population rose from around 5 million to 7.5 million between 1900 and 1920. Diaz was a conservative man, however, and he believed that before he died he would restore the monarchy. In 1922, he resigned and proclaimed a monarchy under Pedro II, a descendant of Domingo I's brother, Carlos. Pedro II further modernized the nation, expanding cities, and reforming policies on tax, housing and everyday life. But there was one flaw: Pedro believed in federalism. Most of his innovation he delegated to Colerva Main, and perhaps parts of the Monblancs. But the Novalz and Isles Nyvastas were left to rot. They grew poor and this era, the drug trade arose. Centered in Porto Carlo, the new trade of cocaine became international. The cartels developed, and began to control the poverty stricken areas. In 1935, Pedro introduced a policy of fighting this business, but it did little, for the dodging tactics of the Cartels had not really been assessed by the world. In 1936, Pedro's eldest son was killed in a ship-sinking off the Cape. Pedro failed to emotionally recover from this. He died of a heart attack in 1938 aged 42.

His successor would be his daughter Maria. She further reformed the nation, instituting more liberal policies on tax and within politics. This gave rise to the communist movements. The capitalism of her policies was one thing, but her loosening on opposition groups was another. It complicated her reign politiclly, but Colerva remained relatively the same. Until Maria abdicated, forming the Third Colervan Republic, in 1952. It was a massive surprise. The first president was Christian democrat Simeon y Cerera, who adjusted the republic. But the communists were rising. In 1970, a marxist, Salvador Teine, was elected. The communists began implementing nationalization, mass taxes, and collectivization. Poverty reigned in all areas. The drug trade was bought to a dramatic halt, with the end of capitalism. But the military in no way supported the communist. In 1975, they were re-alected, and a military coup occurred. Under general Oscar Crevandas, a military junta was established. the nation was rebuilt, and re-capitalized. Privatization, and prosperity was bought about. But Asuran democracies took a dim view of the dictatorship. They cut ties in the early 80s. The nation had to rely on domestic industries. In 1992 Crevandas saw the nation a verge of economic collapse, and hosted a referndum. 53% against 47% voted to remove the junta.

the modern Fourth Republic was established. The drug business was vigorously revived, and corruption began to run rife. In 2012, Francisco La Merna was elected, promising to battle poverty and restore a strong economy. He was corrupt, in 2015 he used the cartels, especially the Del Nuevo cartel
, to enforce his campaign. Corruption is now a strong factor in the country.
Map claim (Imgur): https://imgur.com/5MqgJ8x

Geography and climate of nation: Tropical in most areas, rainforest in the central main island. Monblancs are sunny, palm beaches, and Novalz are jungles inland but similar to monblancs on the coast.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): The nation's drug cartels are influential internationally. Corruption, together with the cocaine and arms smuggling bussiness, is damaging to the nation's progress.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Idk

How did you hear about Aeia? Here
What other nations do you use on NS? Hergemoth
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): See Hergemoth's RP posts

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): If this is turned down please tell me what I should flesh out specificlly

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Morsrige wrote:IC nation name: Morsrige
Capital: Ugortei
Government type: Confederal directorial republic
RP population: 743,200 (2010 estimate)
Ethnic Group(s): 89% Morse*, 6% Asuro-Lhedwinic, 4% Mainland Asuran, 1% other

* Finno-Ugric/Baltic with Lhedwinic/Celtic culture
Language(s): Morse, Nausikaan, Lilledelic, Rigjordic, Vrnallian
GDP per capita (USD): $49,825
HDI: 0.790
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Morsrige WIP
Map claim (Imgur):
Geography and climate of nation: Morsrige is an island nation made up of multiple islands (the largest and most densely inhabited being Ugortanmo) located in the Lhedwinic archipelago to the west of Crylante, with a predomaintly temperate climate, and a slightly colder climate in the mountains in the north.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Strengths: high HDI and GDP, relatively developed nation with reasonable alliances with some of its Lhedwinic neighbours. Morsrige has democratic and liberal politics and a directorial republic that promotes the idea of direct democracy and holds many referendums instead of parliaments passing laws.

Weaknesses: No military
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: HDI and GDP could be decreased, maybe population

How did you hear about Aeia? Esquarium, more specifically Crylante if I remember correctly
What other nations do you use on NS? Ceresnia
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): viewtopic.php?p=33265238#p33265238

Accepted, provided you agree to some territorial changes, though you may also wish to increase your HDI given your GDP per capita.

Colerva wrote:IC nation name: Republic of Colerva
Capital: San Philipe
Government type: Constitutional presidential republic (de jure) Kleptocratic state (de facto)
RP population: 17.1 million
Ethnic Group(s): Veleazan, Midrasian, Tetioxuaal, Vestro-Asuran, Vestro-Lhedwinic
Language(s): Veleazan, Midrasian, Tetioxuaal languages,
GDP per capita (USD): 9,370
HDI: 0.763
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):Colerva was first discovered in 1512 by Midrasian explorer Pierre Monblanc Ravcheaux. He did not land, but carefully mapped the coastlines of the modern day Novalz and Monblanc islands, as well as the Colervan mainland island. In 1514 he was captured by pirates and sold to the Veleazan Crown, who interrogated him and carefully noted the details of his discoveries. He was released the following year and King Philipe II of Veleaz began to look for colonial endeavours. Juan de la Torre was first to step up. His expedition ran into a storm, causing the loss of one ship and severe damage of two. The remaining ships landed in the Novalz islands, where de la Torre founded the town of Delatorre. It was quickly overtaken by natives and with most of his crew dead Juan was forced to return to Veleaz. Another expedition set out in 1518, under command of Domingo Colervana, with 9 ships and over 4000 colonists and crew. The fleet experienced no trouble at sea and passed through the Novalz Islands, which Colervana named. He tasked his lieutenant, Carlos Veragos, with taking a group of colonists and soldiers into the islands, to find the settlement of Delatorre. Veragos found it in ruins, and upon it he declared the city of New North Tolvas, named after his birthplace. Meanwhile Colervana proceeded to the mainland. He sighted the Gran Entrada, or Great Inlet, on April 1st 1519. He originally settled at the mouth of the Inlet, setting up an outpost and his base of operations. He made contact with natives who believed them as gods. This allowed him to easily take over the Inlet. He ordered the natives to construct a great city in his name at the end of the Inlet. Sao Domingo was born. At this point he claimed the territory and sent word back to Veleaz that a colony had been established. By 1525 most of the island had been explored, mapped, and claimed. Natives were subdued. By this time, Veragos had explored all of the Novalz Islands and claimed them as well. In 1523, Ravcheaux's young son came to the colonies. He, with a network of mercenaries, explored and exploited the Monblanc Islands, and founding the city of Ravcheaux on Ravcheaux Island. He declared it under his control, and the Kingdom of the Monblancs in 1525.

By 1600, all of the modern islands had been mapped, and absorbed, into the Veleazan colony of Colerva. Colervana's grandson, Viceroy Rodrigo, has moved the colonial capital to his namesake-city San Rodrigo, causing controversy. The city of San Philipe, founded in 1531 by Philipe II himself on his third visit to the colonies, was formerly the capital, and so Charles IV of Veleaz was very disappointed to hear the news. Rodrigo together with Pierre Danoix, grandson of Ravcheaux, declared independence in 1607. Veleaz invaded, retook the colony, installed new governance, with Danoix and Ridrigo y Colervana were executed. The colonies' population grew to around 1 million around this time, because of people fleeing Veleaz. Many Midrasians were in the Monblancs too. But cultural separation over decades became a problem. As the Veleazan Empire crumbled, the colonies looked to the past, seeing revolutionary Rodrigist spirit. The independence movement tensions first sparked up in November 1805 with the Novalz Slave revolt. Over 6000 slaves rose up against their owners and caused a brutal 3 month conflict that ended only when the owners were forced to free their slaves. In response to this, incompetent Veleazan Queen Zara ordered martial law to be put in place. the Viceroy questioned this, but carried it out anyway. In 1808, under massive pressure from a large colonial populaion, Viceroy Manuel Cortoba, refused to uphold the strict laws. Tolvas ordered him to resign and return to Veleaz, but instead the people launched the Colervan Revolution. Under the leadership of Cortoba, an eight year war was fought. Although bloody, the Veleazans did not exert much military effort. The colonies officially declared the independent First Republic of Colerva. Cortoba was elected president with 98.9% of the vote. He spearheaded a patriotic establishment of the new country, severing ties with Veleaz and expanding influence in the Columbian Sea.

Cortoba began to age. The nation doubted his decisions in the Second Monblanc War, 1824-1825. Although the Kingdom there fell and was added to Colerva, the President had made many poor choices. He resigned in 1827 after health doubts, and died the following year. His successor, Jose Esquillar, proclaimed a year of mourning. Esquillar was quick to spend on useless infrastructure projects, and wasteful wars to attain more islands. His military doubted him, and, his finaciers began to as well. In 1829, an agreement was made at the town of Coasta Noble, between a descendant of the Explorer Colervana, also called Domingo, and a group of Colervan officers and bankers. A few months later, they launched a coup, and Esquillar was deposed. A new monarchy, the Kingdom of Colerva and the Monblancs was founded, with Domingo being proclaimed Domingo I. He was popular and supported by the populace. He established a new dynasty. The Second Republic overthrew the monarchy under Pedro I in 1876, but it only lasted 3 years before the monarchy was restored. But Pedro's successor, his son Domingo III, was unable to advance Colerva. He refused to accept any Asuran imports or technology, and refused to contact with Veleaz. In 1897, his success in bringing famine to the nation was profound, and a revolution arose just after his assasination. A General, Juan y Manuel Diaz, declared himself Emperor after the revolt. He was popular but as a show of humbleness he changed his title to Caudillo in 1901.

Diaz bought forward a new age of change and success in Colerva. New agricultural, and home technology was shipped in as part of Asuran trade deals, and the quality of life in the islands increased greatly. The population rose from around 5 million to 7.5 million between 1900 and 1920. Diaz was a conservative man, however, and he believed that before he died he would restore the monarchy. In 1922, he resigned and proclaimed a monarchy under Pedro II, a descendant of Domingo I's brother, Carlos. Pedro II further modernized the nation, expanding cities, and reforming policies on tax, housing and everyday life. But there was one flaw: Pedro believed in federalism. Most of his innovation he delegated to Colerva Main, and perhaps parts of the Monblancs. But the Novalz and Isles Nyvastas were left to rot. They grew poor and this era, the drug trade arose. Centered in Porto Carlo, the new trade of cocaine became international. The cartels developed, and began to control the poverty stricken areas. In 1935, Pedro introduced a policy of fighting this business, but it did little, for the dodging tactics of the Cartels had not really been assessed by the world. In 1936, Pedro's eldest son was killed in a ship-sinking off the Cape. Pedro failed to emotionally recover from this. He died of a heart attack in 1938 aged 42.

His successor would be his daughter Maria. She further reformed the nation, instituting more liberal policies on tax and within politics. This gave rise to the communist movements. The capitalism of her policies was one thing, but her loosening on opposition groups was another. It complicated her reign politiclly, but Colerva remained relatively the same. Until Maria abdicated, forming the Third Colervan Republic, in 1952. It was a massive surprise. The first president was Christian democrat Simeon y Cerera, who adjusted the republic. But the communists were rising. In 1970, a marxist, Salvador Teine, was elected. The communists began implementing nationalization, mass taxes, and collectivization. Poverty reigned in all areas. The drug trade was bought to a dramatic halt, with the end of capitalism. But the military in no way supported the communist. In 1975, they were re-alected, and a military coup occurred. Under general Oscar Crevandas, a military junta was established. the nation was rebuilt, and re-capitalized. Privatization, and prosperity was bought about. But Asuran democracies took a dim view of the dictatorship. They cut ties in the early 80s. The nation had to rely on domestic industries. In 1992 Crevandas saw the nation a verge of economic collapse, and hosted a referndum. 53% against 47% voted to remove the junta.

the modern Fourth Republic was established. The drug business was vigorously revived, and corruption began to run rife. In 2012, Francisco La Merna was elected, promising to battle poverty and restore a strong economy. He was corrupt, in 2015 he used the cartels, especially the Del Nuevo cartel
, to enforce his campaign. Corruption is now a strong factor in the country.
Map claim (Imgur): https://imgur.com/5MqgJ8x

Geography and climate of nation: Tropical in most areas, rainforest in the central main island. Monblancs are sunny, palm beaches, and Novalz are jungles inland but similar to monblancs on the coast.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): The nation's drug cartels are influential internationally. Corruption, together with the cocaine and arms smuggling bussiness, is damaging to the nation's progress.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Idk

How did you hear about Aeia? Here
What other nations do you use on NS? Hergemoth
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): See Hergemoth's RP posts

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): If this is turned down please tell me what I should flesh out specificlly

Accepted.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Raffiah
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Raffiah » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:45 pm

REMOVED
Last edited by Raffiah on Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Formerly Kishrael | Phoenigetuzstha

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:37 am

Olycadon wrote:--snip--

Accepted, provided there is a slight reduction in GDP to say 35,000
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:51 am

Raffiah wrote:--snip--

Accepted, though I would suggest joining our discord to discuss your map claim. Additionally, there is considerable disparity between your PPP and nominal GDP per capita, especially given the PPP income is so much lower. Are you sure this is accurate?
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Raffiah
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Raffiah » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Midrasia wrote:
Raffiah wrote:--snip--

Accepted, though I would suggest joining our discord to discuss your map claim. Additionally, there is considerable disparity between your PPP and nominal GDP per capita, especially given the PPP income is so much lower. Are you sure this is accurate?

Yep, as explained in my application, the high export price of commodities strengthened the currency (and inflation), meaning that the nominal GDP is a lot higher than the PPP.

And map claim sorted on discord! Will send you the agreed map if you can't find it?
Formerly Kishrael | Phoenigetuzstha

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information