NATION

PASSWORD

Aeia Sign-up Thread [MT, Open]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arzvan Republic
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arzvan Republic » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:28 am

IC nation name: Arzvan Republic
Capital: Kradzymas
Government type: Federal Ecclesiocratic Republic
RP population: 23,005,000
Ethnic Group(s): The Arzvan (89%), The Hautine (10%), Others (1%)
Language(s): Arzvan and Hautine
GDP per capita (USD): Nominally $16,045, PPP $34,081
HDI: 0.836
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):http://www.iiwiki.com/wiki/User:Orubash/Sandbox2

The Arzvan Republic is a relatively young nation when compared to its neighbors in Asura, gaining independence in the early 1900s from Carcossica. An amicable split was achieved after a series of negotiations and referendums. The Arzvan Republic's most notable peculiarity from other nations is that the Arzvan Republic has a four-tier federation level: The federal, religious , provincial and the community governments were created. The synod are the religious government and are responsible for the religious laws and courts it runs. The official government and the religious government work closely together, and they work close with the provincial and community governments to help public interests.

The Arzvan Republic is the only other nation (other than Carcossica) to be a ksaiist majority state. Ksaiism still plays a huge role in everyday life and politics, hence the religious provinces. Although so, the languages native to the Arzvan Republic are exclusively Indo-Asuran, with Midrasian, Newreyan, Lhedwinic, Veleazan and others being distant relatives of the Arzvan Language. The Hautine Language is somewhat mutually intelligible with Midrasian, as its speakers are closely related with the Midrasians next door.

The Arzvan Republic is fairly mountainous. Being a landlocked country, it heavily relies on rivers and Carcossica for access to the sea. Mining has begun taking pace as the nation's reserves are slowly being discovered and exploited. With that in mind, the majority of Arzvan work in the service and manufacturing sectors. A strong cheese, wine and butter producing area known as the Vaunas Valley in the northwest of the country is the breadbasket and agricultural center of the Arzvan Republlic.

The growth rate of the Arzvan population is very fast when compared to nations of a similar development stage, rooted in the belief that more children would bring more prosperous times to the parents and the nation as a whole. The population has reached 23 million by the start of 2018, and is expected to increase to 35 million in 2065 before plateauing and eventually reaching a population decline.

Map claim (Imgur):The cursed spot in Asura

Geography and climate of nation: The mountainous country has numerous rivers flowing through its agricultural plains and areas. Major rivers help boats to reach the capital of Kradzymas through Carcossica. In the wintertime, the capital Kradzymas experiences mild snowfall, whereas places with a higher altitude may experience colder and harsher climates.

How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): The Arzvan Republic would be a bastion for Ksaiism (besides Carcossica). Its role in affairs may be greatly influenced by Ksaiist teachings.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Reduce the population.

How did you hear about Aeia?Current Member.
What other nations do you use on NS? Indragiri, Arstvin
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):

Any other info you wish to add (Optional):
The short and formal name of the nation is the Arzvan Republic. Referring to the nation as "Arzvan" is incorrect, as "Arzvan" is the name of the largest group that inhabit the country.
The currency of the republic is the Avira, where 1 Avira = 0.5 Midrasian Ducat.
(Please put "Arzvan Republic" in the map)

Rohst
Spokesperson

Founded: May 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rohst » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:45 am

Arzvan Republic wrote:IC nation name: Arzvan Republic
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):http://www.iiwiki.com/wiki/User:Orubash/Sandbox2

The Arzvan Republic is a relatively young nation when compared to its neighbors in Asura, gaining independence in the early 1900s from Carcossica. An amicable split was achieved after a series of negotiations and referendums. The Arzvan Republic's most notable peculiarity from other nations is that the Arzvan Republic has a four-tier federation level: The federal, religious , provincial and the community governments were created. The synod are the religious government and are responsible for the religious laws and courts it runs. The official government and the religious government work closely together, and they work close with the provincial and community governments to help public interests.

The Arzvan Republic is the only other nation (other than Carcossica) to be a ksaiist majority state. Ksaiism still plays a huge role in everyday life and politics, hence the religious provinces. Although so, the languages native to the Arzvan Republic are exclusively Indo-Asuran, with Midrasian, Newreyan, Lhedwinic, Veleazan and others being distant relatives of the Arzvan Language. The Hautine Language is somewhat mutually intelligible with Midrasian, as its speakers are closely related with the Midrasians next door.

The Arzvan Republic is fairly mountainous. Being a landlocked country, it heavily relies on rivers and Carcossica for access to the sea. Mining has begun taking pace as the nation's reserves are slowly being discovered and exploited. With that in mind, the majority of Arzvan work in the service and manufacturing sectors. A strong cheese, wine and butter producing area known as the Vaunas Valley in the northwest of the country is the breadbasket and agricultural center of the Arzvan Republlic.

The growth rate of the Arzvan population is very fast when compared to nations of a similar development stage, rooted in the belief that more children would bring more prosperous times to the parents and the nation as a whole. The population has reached 23 million by the start of 2018, and is expected to increase to 35 million in 2065 before plateauing and eventually reaching a population decline.

Geography and climate of nation: The mountainous country has numerous rivers flowing through its agricultural plains and areas. Major rivers help boats to reach the capital of Kradzymas through Carcossica. In the wintertime, the capital Kradzymas experiences mild snowfall, whereas places with a higher altitude may experience colder and harsher climates.

How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): The Arzvan Republic would be a bastion for Ksaiism (besides Carcossica). Its role in affairs may be greatly influenced by Ksaiist teachings.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Reduce the population.

The short and formal name of the nation is the Arzvan Republic. Referring to the nation as "Arzvan" is incorrect, as "Arzvan" is the name of the largest group that inhabit the country.

Accepted.
"I don't give a damn for Caligula -- just his horse!"
"Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job."

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:42 pm

Arzvan Republic wrote:IC nation name: Arzvan Republic

My only issue is with the rather large population, i think it is too big for the spot selected on the map. I would suggest lowering this similar to austrian/swiss/belgian levels and boosting your economy as compensation.
Additionally, its unlikely 'Arzvan Republic' will fit on the map in the spot.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby McNernia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:30 pm

IC nation name:The Kingdom of McNernia
Capital:Griffindon
Government type:Constitutional Monarchy
RP population: 141.9 Million
Ethnic Group(s):Celtlanders 50%, Scatians 25%, Ildrismen 15%, Norders (10%)
Language(s):English, Galeic, Nordic
GDP per capita (USD):
HDI: (I don't know how to calculate that)
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):Mcnernia is a ancient land that is long in traditions, long in the way of fighting. The longships that landed here found a great many people. Clansmen in the mountians who did not yields with the coming of invaders. So the war was somewhat inevitable as the battles that formed the Kingdom were waged. Over the years, Mcnernians raided neighboring countries. Settlement of the mainland pushed the kingdom to the west and south. The might of a empire.

Now the nation after many long years of industry is somewhat isolationist minded, the desire is for peace, but Mcnernia will not hesitate to defend its interests abroad with its military might.

Map claim (Imgur):https://imgur.com/OnQ4ajA

Geography and climate of nation:Mountainous, a beautiful if somewhat harsh landscape that is vast, many islands that can have ice choaked Ports. Mcnernia is like this.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):A sort of Russia like power though looking at the cultural groupings. Im thinking that it would be better as some sort of Ireland/Norway kind of thing. With my claim, disputes could be good.

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?:Lower the population. Smaller nation

How did you hear about Aeia?Involved with previous incarnation of the region
What other nations do you use on NS?None
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=303639&start=50

Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Rohst
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rohst » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:29 am

McNernia wrote:IC nation name:The Kingdom of McNernia
Capital:Griffindon
Government type:Constitutional Monarchy
RP population: 141.9 Million
Ethnic Group(s):Celtlanders 50%, Scatians 25%, Ildrismen 15%, Norders (10%)
Language(s):English, Galeic, Nordic
GDP per capita (USD):
HDI: (I don't know how to calculate that)
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):Mcnernia is a ancient land that is long in traditions, long in the way of fighting. The longships that landed here found a great many people. Clansmen in the mountians who did not yields with the coming of invaders. So the war was somewhat inevitable as the battles that formed the Kingdom were waged. Over the years, Mcnernians raided neighboring countries. Settlement of the mainland pushed the kingdom to the west and south. The might of a empire.

Now the nation after many long years of industry is somewhat isolationist minded, the desire is for peace, but Mcnernia will not hesitate to defend its interests abroad with its military might.

Map claim (Imgur):https://imgur.com/OnQ4ajA

Geography and climate of nation:Mountainous, a beautiful if somewhat harsh landscape that is vast, many islands that can have ice choaked Ports. Mcnernia is like this.
(Image)
(Image)
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):A sort of Russia like power though looking at the cultural groupings. Im thinking that it would be better as some sort of Ireland/Norway kind of thing. With my claim, disputes could be good.

If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?:Lower the population. Smaller nation

How did you hear about Aeia?Involved with previous incarnation of the region
What other nations do you use on NS?None
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=303639&start=50

I'm gonna have to deny this app or place it on hold, as IMO it unfortunately doesn't fit the realistic naming criteria we use (though this is open to the other mods to discuss), and we need a GDP to determine your relative power/status in the world. The map location is also on one of the New World continents, so you'd need to figure out how to your history interacts with the Old World countries (though theoretically a Vinland scenario might kinda work.)

Albeit for that to really be feasible, ya gotta probably be on the side facing out not!europe. Esrehet and Tkae seemed to both have CTE'd, so their land should be open as well for claims (map is a bit old since we're undergoing renovations/major land shape changes.)
Last edited by Rohst on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Great men of action never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job."

Sveya
Attaché

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sveya » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:03 pm

IC nation name: The Grand Duchy of Sveya
Capital: Hsrada
Government type: Constitutional Monarchy with Representative Parliament
RP population: 1.26 million
Ethnic Group(s): Sveyan(A mix of Nordic/Gaelic/Baltic culture)
Language(s): Sveyan(A crude mix of Icelandic and Irish of my own making)
GDP per capita (USD): $42,857
HDI: 0.887
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=sve ... ok/id=main - WIP, only just started really
Map claim (Imgur): Undecided - Ideally I'd like a small ocean island like Iceland,

Geography and climate of nation: Temperate Oceanic, an island with low mountains and rolling hills
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): As of yet I don't know, perhaps as a small ally for a larger power for use of outposts or as an air/naval base. Because of the small size, there is not much serious impact I could have.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I intent to play Sveya as a very technologically and digitally advanced nation, that could possibly be scaled back or downgraded.

How did you hear about Aeia? Seen on FB & N. I.
What other nations do you use on NS? None actively
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=433392

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Currently I'm in college and working part-time so I don't get a lot of free time to spend on creative writing, hence the small and un-important nation size.

Rohst
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rohst » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:06 pm

Sveya wrote:IC nation name: The Grand Duchy of Sveya
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): https://www.nationstates.net/nation=sve ... ok/id=main - WIP, only just started really
Map claim (Imgur): Undecided - Ideally I'd like a small ocean island like Iceland,

Geography and climate of nation: Temperate Oceanic, an island with low mountains and rolling hills
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): As of yet I don't know, perhaps as a small ally for a larger power for use of outposts or as an air/naval base. Because of the small size, there is not much serious impact I could have.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: I intent to play Sveya as a very technologically and digitally advanced nation, that could possibly be scaled back or downgraded.

Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): viewtopic.php?f=31&t=433392

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Currently I'm in college and working part-time so I don't get a lot of free time to spend on creative writing, hence the small and un-important nation size.

Everything looks good! Accepted.

*edit - Please note we use iiwiki for documenting regional lore, not national factbooks.
Last edited by Rohst on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Carcossica
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Carcossica » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:46 pm

Sveya wrote:IC nation name: The Grand Duchy of Sveya

Not sure if my vote of confidence is official yet but you're fine by me. I reccomend having a chat with Edreland and Vrnallia to get your relations set up if you want yourself a spot out on the North Sea-type area.

Accepted.
Last edited by Carcossica on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Ksaiist Republic of Carcossica
-Nuei Fecass-Ksaine Aun Carcoja-
Speaker of the Aeian Assembly|Chief Signatory of the JTO
Latest News from Statjathady Cijaz: Outlook grim for lost Carcosse Embassy in Cyningburgh as budding Civil War in Newrey continues

Ecclesiocratic Republic|MT|Agrarian|Pacifistic|Post-Industrial|Communalist
22|US|Farmer|College Grad|Small-Business Moderate Conservative|Agnostic|ENFJ-RLOAI
IIwiki

Colerva
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Colerva » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 am

IC nation name: Republic of Colerva
Capital: San Philipe
Government type: Unitary constitutional presidential republic
RP population: 7 million
Ethnic Group(s): Veleazan, Axotl (Native), Tolzec (native)
Language(s): Veleazan, various native languages.
GDP per capita (USD): 12,780
HDI: 0.662
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): The first evidence of natives in the Colervan islands surfaces around 20,000 years ago, when several old statues were dated to have been built. It was likely that these were made by a Tolzec predecessor people. The Tolzec Cities began construction 3000-4000 years ago. It was only in 12 BC, however, that the Tolzecs unified. The Tolzec Empire spanned all Colervan islands, as well as others. But the Tolzecs were ignorant of the native vestric people. Axlotl tribes invaded the islands in 515, and they would later be part of the axlotl empire. All was normal for many centuries. Then, in 1519, Domingo De Colerva arrived on the main island. This man and his band of troops and explorers appeared as gods to the locals. And the Veleazans were treated that way. De Colerva forgot about his duties, to Veleaz. However, the word somehow got to Veleaz around 1520. This angered the government. An envoy was sent to petition to De Colerva. He never returned. His ships crew were enslaved, and De Colerva declared the island as a free nation, and himself as Emperor Domingo I. The natives were ever-loyal, and the other islands soon fell to De Colerva's rogue empire. Word got round to Veleaz in 1523. At first they did nothing. Then, the King of the Dominion ordered 6,000 men to prepare themselves. They sailed long, and hard, and eventually arrived in the Colervan archipelago in 1525. At first they were beaten back, by determined native fighters on their own turf. De Colerva told the Veleazan Emperor that the islands were firmly under his control and there was no point in invading. Veleaz forgot about the rogues in the new world, until in 1528, a new ruler came to power in Veleaz. He was determined to gain a foothold in the new world, and Colerva was where he would start. The invasion commenced in 1529, and with new technologies knocked the natives out of existence. De Colerva was executed, and the Colony of Colerva was established.

This colony existed in hegemony until 1809, when the Colervan Revolution occurred. At first Veleaz took little notice, but then their trade routes began to suffer, and they deployed soldiers to the Colervas. The war dragged on and was intensly bloody, but in the end, the Colervans achieved their independence. In 1816, the Veleazans withdrew. Except, for Carlos Sentienas, the Governor's son. Sentienas gained popularity with locals and rebels, and promised them freedom. But on 9th December 1816, he declared himself Emperor Carlos I, and the Second Empire of Colerva. He ruled prosperously, until the 1820 earthquake. It effectively wiped out any success among the government of the islands. But Carlos was determined. Slowly he rebuilt, but the island never really recovered. Carlos died of typhoid in 1825. He had no children, but his brother Pedro decided to come over from Veleaz and declare himself Domingo II before a revolt occured. He was an inexperienced and unopular ruler, and soon unrest grew. Domingo II was deposed in the 1828 Revolution. However, his baby daughter Maria, was proclaimed by a native shaman to be promising. She was. In 1839, she proclaimed herself Empress. She lived many successful years, rebuilt from the quake, and bought prosperity. The beauty however was murdered by a betrayed lover in 1864. She had 7 sons, 4 of which were from the same father, Pedro Icutias. The eldest Icutias child, Jose, declared himself Emperor. He was legitimate, except for one thing: there was one child older than him. Pablo Rivirna. They fought for the crown, and eventually the islands were split. The main island would be retained by Jose, while the rest of the islands were given to Pablo. Jose was, like his uncle, inexperienced. He had no idea how to rule, so he did so with an iron fist. But people didn't hate him. His brothers assisted his rule, and eventually he lost control in 1870. His brothers fought, but Pablo was quick to step in and claim the islands. He crowned himself Carlos Pablo II. He was wise, powerful, and popular. But few thought otherwise. His ship was blown up in 1882 while en route to Vestrim. Chaos ensued, and eventually, Lhedwin decided to colonize the islands in 1883. In 1899, Lhedwin ended. For 3 months, Navack ruled Colerva, until indepndence was granted in Feburary of 1900. Pablo's eldest son Domingo returned, and declared himself Domingo III, Emperor. He was outsted in a coup in 1904. The First Republic was established. It was an unorganized and corrupt organization. Menirfo Diaz, together with the second son of Carlos Pablo, Enriquez, destroyed the republic in 1927. They established a dual empire, until Diaz attempted to take full control in 1929. Enriquez, together with his brother Rodrigo, and young son Domingo, won the civil war in 1931. Enrique was crowned Enrique I, King of the Islands. He proposed republicanism in 1935, so Rodrigo had him murdered. Rodrigo was Regent until 1944, when Domingo became Emperor Domingo IV. A republican referendum in 1952 established the Second Republic. Socialism began to rise in 1968, causing the 1972 coup. Oscar Coranvez, became dictator, until 1993. The Third Republic still exists today.
Map claim (Imgur):https://imgur.com/a/seU4m

Geography and climate of nation: Mostly rainforested areas inland, but sandly and clear coastal zones. Humid through all seasons.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Massive weakness is economy. Obviously my country is very poor. Military is a average area as well.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Tbh I don't know why anyone would ask me to reduce strength.

How did you hear about Aeia? Already here
What other nations do you use on NS? Hergemoth
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): See Hergemoth's forum posts

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Multi of Hergemoth

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:24 am

Colerva wrote:IC nation name: Republic of Colerva
Capital: San Philipe
Government type: Unitary constitutional presidential republic
RP population: 7 million
Ethnic Group(s): Veleazan, Axotl (Native), Tolzec (native)
Language(s): Veleazan, various native languages.
GDP per capita (USD): 12,780
HDI: 0.662
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): The first evidence of natives in the Colervan islands surfaces around 20,000 years ago, when several old statues were dated to have been built. It was likely that these were made by a Tolzec predecessor people. The Tolzec Cities began construction 3000-4000 years ago. It was only in 12 BC, however, that the Tolzecs unified. The Tolzec Empire spanned all Colervan islands, as well as others. But the Tolzecs were ignorant of the native vestric people. Axlotl tribes invaded the islands in 515, and they would later be part of the axlotl empire. All was normal for many centuries. Then, in 1519, Domingo De Colerva arrived on the main island. This man and his band of troops and explorers appeared as gods to the locals. And the Veleazans were treated that way. De Colerva forgot about his duties, to Veleaz. However, the word somehow got to Veleaz around 1520. This angered the government. An envoy was sent to petition to De Colerva. He never returned. His ships crew were enslaved, and De Colerva declared the island as a free nation, and himself as Emperor Domingo I. The natives were ever-loyal, and the other islands soon fell to De Colerva's rogue empire. Word got round to Veleaz in 1523. At first they did nothing. Then, the King of the Dominion ordered 6,000 men to prepare themselves. They sailed long, and hard, and eventually arrived in the Colervan archipelago in 1525. At first they were beaten back, by determined native fighters on their own turf. De Colerva told the Veleazan Emperor that the islands were firmly under his control and there was no point in invading. Veleaz forgot about the rogues in the new world, until in 1528, a new ruler came to power in Veleaz. He was determined to gain a foothold in the new world, and Colerva was where he would start. The invasion commenced in 1529, and with new technologies knocked the natives out of existence. De Colerva was executed, and the Colony of Colerva was established.

This colony existed in hegemony until 1809, when the Colervan Revolution occurred. At first Veleaz took little notice, but then their trade routes began to suffer, and they deployed soldiers to the Colervas. The war dragged on and was intensly bloody, but in the end, the Colervans achieved their independence. In 1816, the Veleazans withdrew. Except, for Carlos Sentienas, the Governor's son. Sentienas gained popularity with locals and rebels, and promised them freedom. But on 9th December 1816, he declared himself Emperor Carlos I, and the Second Empire of Colerva. He ruled prosperously, until the 1820 earthquake. It effectively wiped out any success among the government of the islands. But Carlos was determined. Slowly he rebuilt, but the island never really recovered. Carlos died of typhoid in 1825. He had no children, but his brother Pedro decided to come over from Veleaz and declare himself Domingo II before a revolt occured. He was an inexperienced and unopular ruler, and soon unrest grew. Domingo II was deposed in the 1828 Revolution. However, his baby daughter Maria, was proclaimed by a native shaman to be promising. She was. In 1839, she proclaimed herself Empress. She lived many successful years, rebuilt from the quake, and bought prosperity. The beauty however was murdered by a betrayed lover in 1864. She had 7 sons, 4 of which were from the same father, Pedro Icutias. The eldest Icutias child, Jose, declared himself Emperor. He was legitimate, except for one thing: there was one child older than him. Pablo Rivirna. They fought for the crown, and eventually the islands were split. The main island would be retained by Jose, while the rest of the islands were given to Pablo. Jose was, like his uncle, inexperienced. He had no idea how to rule, so he did so with an iron fist. But people didn't hate him. His brothers assisted his rule, and eventually he lost control in 1870. His brothers fought, but Pablo was quick to step in and claim the islands. He crowned himself Carlos Pablo II. He was wise, powerful, and popular. But few thought otherwise. His ship was blown up in 1882 while en route to Vestrim. Chaos ensued, and eventually, Lhedwin decided to colonize the islands in 1883. In 1899, Lhedwin ended. For 3 months, Navack ruled Colerva, until indepndence was granted in Feburary of 1900. Pablo's eldest son Domingo returned, and declared himself Domingo III, Emperor. He was outsted in a coup in 1904. The First Republic was established. It was an unorganized and corrupt organization. Menirfo Diaz, together with the second son of Carlos Pablo, Enriquez, destroyed the republic in 1927. They established a dual empire, until Diaz attempted to take full control in 1929. Enriquez, together with his brother Rodrigo, and young son Domingo, won the civil war in 1931. Enrique was crowned Enrique I, King of the Islands. He proposed republicanism in 1935, so Rodrigo had him murdered. Rodrigo was Regent until 1944, when Domingo became Emperor Domingo IV. A republican referendum in 1952 established the Second Republic. Socialism began to rise in 1968, causing the 1972 coup. Oscar Coranvez, became dictator, until 1993. The Third Republic still exists today.
Map claim (Imgur):https://imgur.com/a/seU4m

Geography and climate of nation: Mostly rainforested areas inland, but sandly and clear coastal zones. Humid through all seasons.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Massive weakness is economy. Obviously my country is very poor. Military is a average area as well.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Tbh I don't know why anyone would ask me to reduce strength.

How did you hear about Aeia? Already here
What other nations do you use on NS? Hergemoth
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): See Hergemoth's forum posts

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Multi of Hergemoth

Accepted.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Borralia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borralia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:03 pm

IC nation name: Republic of Borralia
Capital: Columbus
Government type: Federal Republic
RP population: 3,126,578
Ethnic Group(s): Inuit, English, Nordic
Language(s): English
GDP per capita (USD): 23,862
HDI: .78
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): Similar to Alaska, Borralia is the last frontier. Settled back in 1821 Borralia enjoyed a booming fur and lumber industry and embodied the spirit of the west. Borralia has remained rather quiet since then, expanding their new oil industry and considering taking a larger role in international politics.
Map claim (Imgur): https://i.gyazo.com/9d57cbfb4b40a65c5d8 ... e9202d.png (Lime green)

Geography and climate of nation: Similar to Alaska and the Pacific Northwest
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Small, sparse population, oil industry
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Remove oil

How did you hear about Aeia?A friend told me
What other nations do you use on NS? Bravo Rio
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): n/a

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Remove my old account (maurica) from map
Last edited by Borralia on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rohst
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rohst » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Borralia wrote:IC nation name: Republic of Borralia
HDI: 5.06
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): Similar to Alaska, Borralia is the last frontier. Settled back in 1821 Borralia enjoyed a booming fur and lumber industry and embodied the spirit of the west. Borralia has remained rather quiet since then, expanding their new oil industry and considering taking a larger role in international politics.
Map claim (Imgur): https://i.gyazo.com/9d57cbfb4b40a65c5d8 ... e9202d.png (Lime green)

How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Small, sparse population, oil industry
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Remove oil

Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): n/a

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Remove my old account (maurica) from map

Accepted, but HDI values cannot surpass 1.000 -- so heads up!

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:30 am

Borralia wrote:IC nation name: Republic of Borralia
HDI: .78

accepted.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Gorbatov
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorbatov » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 pm

IC nation name: Korçë
Capital: Krushovë
Government type: Kastriotist(Hoxhaist) One-party Totalitarian Dictatorship
RP population: 34.8 Million
Ethnic Group(s): Korçarë(Albanian)
Language(s): Korçarë(Albanian)
GDP per capita (USD): $19,198
HDI: 0.764
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): Korçë was a constitutional monarchy ruled by the Progoni Dynasty until 1941, where a communist uprising took place, led by the Party of Labour of Korçë, with their leader Erzen Kastrioti. From which point they led with an iron fist. Moreover, due to a large amount of distrust harbored by many Korçarë with its neighboring countries, the government built over +500,000 bunkers all over the country, in an effort to fortify itself from any threat; which to ensure such fortifications were manned, the government enforced a policy of strict conscription which lasts for 5 years. In addition, in hopes of making Korçë an autarky(self-sufficient), Kastrioti implemented various policies, such as creating more farms, in order to limit the dependence on food imports, etc. In 1985, with the death of First Secretary Erzen Kastrioti,a group known as the National Liberation Front was formed and quickly rose to prominence, to such extent of coordinating mass protest in the capital of Krushovë, which the government answered with the use of riot police and the military. In 1990, +500 protesters were "allegedly" killed by the military, and as a response took up to arms, to such extent leading to an open rebellion. The NLF was push back and established several bases of operations in the mountainous area of Korçë, and to this day have continued a campaign of guerrilla warfare against the government forces.
Map claim (Imgur): Dark Red

Geography and climate of nation: Mountainous, with a wide variety of natural features including valleys, plains, canyons, and caves.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Strengths: Decent Military, Heavily Fortified, Limited Autarky; Weakness: Politically Isolated, Oppressed Populace, Limited Trade, Large Dissident Movement
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Weaken Military, Decrease Population Size, Make Dissidents Stronger, etc.

How did you hear about Aeia? Groz
What other nations do you use on NS? Gorbatov
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Not really my IC nation's RP, but definitely one of the longest post I've written.

Last edited by Gorbatov on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists for while we maintain such a stand the enemy cannot and will never force us to our knees.."
-Enver Hoxha-

Rohst
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rohst » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Gorbatov wrote:IC nation name: Korçë
RP population: 20.7 Million
GDP per capita (USD): $18,677
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): Korçë was a constitutional monarchy ruled by the Progoni Dynasty until 1941, where a communist uprising took place, led by the Party of Labour of Korçë, with their leader Erzen Kastrioti. From which point they led with an iron fist. Moreover, due to a large amount of distrust harbored by many Korçarë with its neighboring countries, the government built over +100,000 bunkers all over the country, in an effort to fortify itself from any threat; which to ensure such fortifications were manned, the government enforced a policy of strict conscription which lasts for 5 years. In addition, in hopes of making Korçë an autarky(self-sufficient), Kastrioti implemented various policies, such as creating more farms, in order to limit the dependence on food imports, etc. In 1985, with the death of First Secretary Erzen Kastrioti,a group known as the National Liberation Front was formed and quickly rose to prominence, to such extent of coordinating mass protest in the capital of Krushovë, which the government answered with the use of riot police and the military. In 1990, +150 protesters were "allegedly" killed by the military, and as a response took up to arms, to such extent leading to an open rebellion. The NLF was push back and established several bases of operations in the mountainous area of Korçë, and to this day have continued a campaign of guerrilla warfare against the government forces.
Map claim (Imgur): https://i.imgur.com/PiCSZfK.png

Geography and climate of nation: Mountainous, with a wide variety of natural features including valleys, plains, canyons, and caves.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Strengths: Decent Military, Heavily Fortified, Limited Autarky; Weakness: Politically Isolated, Oppressed Populace, Limited Trade, Large Dissident Movement
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Weaken Military, Decrease Population Size, Make Dissidents Stronger, etc.

Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Not really my IC nation's RP, but definitely one of the longest post I've written.

Everything looks good except maybe the map location. You're between Franco-Basques whilst you're more of a southeastern Europe-cultured nation. I'd recommand locating yourself where Zemiya is currently located (this person went inactive and is no longer part of the region. You're free to claim land there.) Geographically I think it would be a much better fit. The map is undergoing a major overhaul atm so it hasn't been updated for a while.
Last edited by Rohst on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gorbatov
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorbatov » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Rohst wrote:
Gorbatov wrote:-snip-

-snip-

Updated my application:
-New Map Plot
-Larger Population
-Bigger GDP per Capita
Last edited by Gorbatov on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists for while we maintain such a stand the enemy cannot and will never force us to our knees.."
-Enver Hoxha-

Brudiar-Supinez
Civilian

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brudiar-Supinez » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:25 pm

IC nation name: The Kingdom of Brudiar-Supinez
Capital: Brudon City
Government type: Absolute Monarchy (soon to be Republic)
RP population: 19.71 million
Ethnic Group(s): Brudian (Mediterranean-Germanic Hybrid), Supon (Slavic)
Language(s): Brudian and Supon (both WIP)
GDP per capita (USD): $9,474.13
HDI: 0.802
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):
In 1783, Brudiar declared war upon Supinez and easily won the war. The Kingdom of Brudiar-Supinez was declared on the 19th June 1784. Queen Rosa II signed a pact of Neutrality on the 19th May 1799. The Industrial Revolution hit Brudiar-Supinez hard causing the rise of socialist and anti-monarchist movements. This caused a revolution for democracy which was crushed hard by King David III and on the 20th May 1924 he created the Imperial Senate (IS) to quash any other attempts of revolt. The IS was a scam and was full of David’s allies. In 2002, King Michael I came to the throne and tried to disband the Senate. This caused public outrage and cumulated in republican movements forming. Georges Sheldez became leader of the “Forwardist” movement in 2017 which wants the monarchy disbanded and a republic to replace it. Sheldez is an important man in the Senate and he could spark a revolution.
Map claim (Imgur): https://imgur.com/a/w6WPb

Geography and climate of nation: I’m not too sure on this but I’d like it to be somewhat similar to Romania.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): The Kingdom is isolationist so not too much diplomatically although the Absolute Monarchy may cause tense relations with some nations. The nation at the moment is unstable.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?:
Reduce GDP and population but it would depend on the circumstances.
How did you hear about Aeia?Scrolling through the NS forums for a decent region to join.
What other nations do you use on NS?I have old accounts which I forgot the names of.
Michael walked over to the table and looked up to see the smug Field Marshal look down on him. This was the most humiliating thing that could happen to him! The King being looked down upon by some stupid man in the military was unheard of! 'This is outrageous!' he thought but what could he say? He just been deposed by the people and was now being forced to abdicate the throne. He stood still for a moment and then bent over and signed the abdication papers. 'Why me?' was whirling through Michael's head. He then stood up straight and shook hands with the Field Marshal. The humiliation was nearly over. Michael paced towards the podium and spoke his last speech as King Michael the First.

"I, Michael the King of this great country abdicate the throne because I believe in this country and do not want to bring it to hell! I am not selfish and believe this is the morally right thing to do as the people do not want me in power nor any other monarch! I believe the designated Acting-President will deliver the positive change the people want and I hope he respects centuries-old traditions of neutrality among other things! I am now, from this Moment, just a private citizen like everyone else! This centuries-old institution is now over. A new chapter in this great country’s history has begun! People, please be wise and make sure this chapter is a lot better than the last one! Thank you!"

He carefully got down from the podium and sighed. It was over. He was rushed into a car where he would be taken to his mansion of a home. When he got out of the car he heard the Church bell strike Midnight and, now, he was no longer King.

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): I have created a new account for this country but I’ve been on this website for a couple years in various forms.

Vustroria
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Aeia Sign-up Thread [MT, Open]

Postby Vustroria » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:56 pm

IC nation name:Vustroria
Capital:Aurora
Government type:Absolute Monarchy
RP population:130m
Ethnic Group(s):Germanic
Language(s):German, Enlgish
GDP per capita (USD):67,690
HDI:0.800–0.849
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):A highly industrial and quiet nation of mostly German culture and decent.
Map claim (Imgur):https://imgur.com/a/cxpdF

Geography and climate of nation:Temperate nation with some mountains on the far south
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):Very hardworking, industrial population with a hard point on military service.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Reduce population
How did you hear about Aeia?From RP channel unrelated to NS.
What other nations do you use on NS? https://www.nationstates.net/region=atrara All nations here are mine
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):Vustrorian forces encircle the city of Nomanda as the Yashanese soldiers rush in with suicidal attacking tactics, with little effect. V-12 Tanks push into the city borders and destroy soldier compounds and topple buildings, before the Yashanese finally surrender.

Last edited by Vustroria on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ King of Vustroria

Rohst
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rohst » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:28 pm

Brudiar-Supinez wrote:-snip-

Accepted

Gorbatov wrote:-snip-

Accepted

Vustroria wrote:IC nation name:Vustroria
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki):A highly industrial and quiet nation of mostly German culture and decent.

Geography and climate of nation:Temperate nation with some mountains on the far south
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses):Very hardworking, industrial population with a hard point on military service.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Reduce population
What other nations do you use on NS? https://www.nationstates.net/region=atrara All nations here are mine
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):Vustrorian forces encircle the city of Nomanda as the Yashanese soldiers rush in with suicidal attacking tactics, with little effect. V-12 Tanks push into the city borders and destroy soldier compounds and topple buildings, before the Yashanese finally surrender.

So your pop and GDP per capita are both higher than what we generally allow for new members joining the region (it's higher than mine, and I'm number one on the GDP list thing found here http://iiwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Aeian_countries_by_GDP

For the time being, I'm going to put this application on hold.

Beladiyah
Lobbyist

Founded: May 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Beladiyah » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:36 am

IC nation name: Republic of Biladia (Samatiyan: al-Jumhûrîyatu li-Bilâdîya)
Capital: Baldulsam
Government type: Semi-Presidential Federal Republic
RP population: 47,850,000
Ethnic Group(s): Samatiyans, minorities of Arabic-speaking, Hebrew-speaking, Aramaic-speaking and Samatiyan-speaking tribes (which do not self-identify as "Samatiyans")
Language(s): Samatiyan, regionally also Arabic, Hebrew and Aramaic
GDP per capita (USD): 34,500
HDI: 0.763

Biladia's origins lie in a few early kingdoms in the valley of the Ja'râz river that were founded around 100 BC and formed the first Samatiyan civilization. In the 16th, King Alîzân I united the Samatiyan kingdoms and by the late 18th century, the nation controlled most of its modern-day area after the conquest of the last independant earldoms on its soil. In the mid-19th century, Samatiya entered an era of wars that would last until the 1890s and result in the prior dynasty being replaced by the Maşa'zîn dynasty.
After a crop failure that resulted in a femine, riots broke out that lead to the 1940-1946 civil war in which the Maşa'zîns were able to regain power over their kingdom for a few years before the revolution in 1949 lead to the establishment of the Republic of Samatiya, which was renamed to Biladia in 1965 as a sign that the new system was representing all people within the country regardless of ethnicity. Between the 50s and early 60s, Biladia experienced a period of moderate economic growth and between the early 60s and late 80s, the economy was growing even faster along the shore and in large parts of the Ja'râz valley after the discovery of oil and natural gas. In this period, large infrastructure projects were realized and the GDP per capita doubled. Most of the country's modern-day wealth originates in that time, however, this period of Biladian history is also the reason for most disparities with areas outside of the Ja'râz valley and the shoreline being neglected by the government for decades, thus having little to no economic growth and infrastructure improvement. After the recession of the late 90s and a lack of growth throughout the early 2000s in most provinces, a seperatist movement took over in the Waqqa province, followed by the same happening in the Tikîya province in December 2017, starting the Wadun al-Waq War. The seperatists were largely unable to defend against government forces who retook Rasqiba't in January 2018 and since have regained control of large parts of the original area, leaving only parts of the Yusûn triangle under seperatist control (marked with the numbers I and II on the map claim). The Wadun al-Waq War has slowed down the economic development of the parts of the country east of al-Waqqa, though the areas to the West of it still experience some economic growth after the most important road to the eastern border has been under government control again.

The country is rich in natural resources such as oil, natural gas, coal, iron, copper and - though to a lesser degree - wood and fish. However, timber production is limited to only a few areas of the Ja'râz valley and the fishing industry is slowly but surely dying with the national fish production being reduced by more than 50% since the end of the recession (an 80%-drop compared to the time before the recession). Major exports include the previously meantioned natural resources (excluding fish), steel, vehicles, machinery, food and beverages. The major imports of Biladia include electronic products, armoury, textiles and luxurious goods.

The economy of rural areas is dominated by agriculture with wheat, cherries, apples, oranges, berries and flowers being the primarily produced products. To the north and far east, many farms which in addition to these products also have cattle, sheeps and goats can be found. Urban and suburban areas are where most of the industry is located.

The political system nowadays is democratic (excluding the areas currently held by seperatists) with a high respect to freedom of speech, though the Biladian government is known for human rights violations in the past.

Map claim Image

Geography and climate of nation: Relatively flat, with hills in the east; Relatively hot, though humid. arid areas get their water from the rivers.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Relatively strong economy, though the war endangers this in the far east of the country. There are also major social issues and unequal development when the provinces are compared with some provinces having a first-world living standard while others are very poor.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Reduce GDP and make it even more politically unstable, I guess. Maybe also reduce the population

How did you hear about Aeia? Through a fellow NSer
What other nations do you use on NS? rp/worldbuilding regions: Slovunia and Hagieria and Agrilan; somewhat active other nations: Khijriyah; inactive and ceased nations: a lot

Last edited by Beladiyah on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:55 am

Gorbatov wrote:IC nation name: Korçë
RP population: 34.8 Million
GDP per capita (USD): $19,198
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): Korçë was a constitutional monarchy ruled by the Progoni Dynasty until 1941, where a communist uprising took place, led by the Party of Labour of Korçë, with their leader Erzen Kastrioti. From which point they led with an iron fist. Moreover, due to a large amount of distrust harbored by many Korçarë with its neighboring countries, the government built over +500,000 bunkers all over the country, in an effort to fortify itself from any threat; which to ensure such fortifications were manned, the government enforced a policy of strict conscription which lasts for 5 years. In addition, in hopes of making Korçë an autarky(self-sufficient), Kastrioti implemented various policies, such as creating more farms, in order to limit the dependence on food imports, etc. In 1985, with the death of First Secretary Erzen Kastrioti,a group known as the National Liberation Front was formed and quickly rose to prominence, to such extent of coordinating mass protest in the capital of Krushovë, which the government answered with the use of riot police and the military. In 1990, +500 protesters were "allegedly" killed by the military, and as a response took up to arms, to such extent leading to an open rebellion. The NLF was push back and established several bases of operations in the mountainous area of Korçë, and to this day have continued a campaign of guerrilla warfare against the government forces.
Map claim (Imgur): Dark Red

Accepted.

Brudiar-Supinez wrote:IC nation name: The Kingdom of Brudiar-Supinez
Capital: Brudon City
Government type: Absolute Monarchy (soon to be Republic)
RP population: 19.71 million
Ethnic Group(s): Brudian (Mediterranean-Germanic Hybrid), Supon (Slavic)
Language(s): Brudian and Supon (both WIP)
GDP per capita (USD): $9,474.13
HDI: 0.802
In 1783, Brudiar declared war upon Supinez and easily won the war. The Kingdom of Brudiar-Supinez was declared on the 19th June 1784. Queen Rosa II signed a pact of Neutrality on the 19th May 1799. The Industrial Revolution hit Brudiar-Supinez hard causing the rise of socialist and anti-monarchist movements. This caused a revolution for democracy which was crushed hard by King David III and on the 20th May 1924 he created the Imperial Senate (IS) to quash any other attempts of revolt. The IS was a scam and was full of David’s allies. In 2002, King Michael I came to the throne and tried to disband the Senate. This caused public outrage and cumulated in republican movements forming. Georges Sheldez became leader of the “Forwardist” movement in 2017 which wants the monarchy disbanded and a republic to replace it. Sheldez is an important man in the Senate and he could spark a revolution.
Map claim (Imgur): https://imgur.com/a/w6WPb

Geography and climate of nation: I’m not too sure on this but I’d like it to be somewhat similar to Romania.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): The Kingdom is isolationist so not too much diplomatically although the Absolute Monarchy may cause tense relations with some nations. The nation at the moment is unstable.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?:
Reduce GDP and population but it would depend on the circumstances.
How did you hear about Aeia?Scrolling through the NS forums for a decent region to join.
What other nations do you use on NS?I have old accounts which I forgot the names of.
Michael walked over to the table and looked up to see the smug Field Marshal look down on him. This was the most humiliating thing that could happen to him! The King being looked down upon by some stupid man in the military was unheard of! 'This is outrageous!' he thought but what could he say? He just been deposed by the people and was now being forced to abdicate the throne. He stood still for a moment and then bent over and signed the abdication papers. 'Why me?' was whirling through Michael's head. He then stood up straight and shook hands with the Field Marshal. The humiliation was nearly over. Michael paced towards the podium and spoke his last speech as King Michael the First.

"I, Michael the King of this great country abdicate the throne because I believe in this country and do not want to bring it to hell! I am not selfish and believe this is the morally right thing to do as the people do not want me in power nor any other monarch! I believe the designated Acting-President will deliver the positive change the people want and I hope he respects centuries-old traditions of neutrality among other things! I am now, from this Moment, just a private citizen like everyone else! This centuries-old institution is now over. A new chapter in this great country’s history has begun! People, please be wise and make sure this chapter is a lot better than the last one! Thank you!"

He carefully got down from the podium and sighed. It was over. He was rushed into a car where he would be taken to his mansion of a home. When he got out of the car he heard the Church bell strike Midnight and, now, he was no longer King.

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): I have created a new account for this country but I’ve been on this website for a couple years in various forms.

Your map claim currently overlaps another member of our region, join our discord server and im sure we can work out an agreement.

Vustroria wrote:IC nation name:Vustroria

Your GDP currently violates our terms of service, join our discord server and im sure we can work something out.

Beladiyah wrote:IC nation name: Republic of Biladia (Samatiyan: al-Jumhûrîyatu li-Bilâdîya)
Capital: Baldulsam
Government type: Semi-Presidential Federal Republic
RP population: 47,850,000
Ethnic Group(s): Samatiyans, minorities of Arabic-speaking, Hebrew-speaking, Aramaic-speaking and Samatiyan-speaking tribes (which do not self-identify as "Samatiyans")
Language(s): Samatiyan, regionally also Arabic, Hebrew and Aramaic
GDP per capita (USD): 34,500
HDI: 0.763

Biladia's origins lie in a few early kingdoms in the valley of the Ja'râz river that were founded around 100 BC and formed the first Samatiyan civilization. In the 16th, King Alîzân I united the Samatiyan kingdoms and by the late 18th century, the nation controlled most of its modern-day area after the conquest of the last independant earldoms on its soil. In the mid-19th century, Samatiya entered an era of wars that would last until the 1890s and result in the prior dynasty being replaced by the Maşa'zîn dynasty.
After a crop failure that resulted in a femine, riots broke out that lead to the 1940-1946 civil war in which the Maşa'zîns were able to regain power over their kingdom for a few years before the revolution in 1949 lead to the establishment of the Republic of Samatiya, which was renamed to Biladia in 1965 as a sign that the new system was representing all people within the country regardless of ethnicity. Between the 50s and early 60s, Biladia experienced a period of moderate economic growth and between the early 60s and late 80s, the economy was growing even faster along the shore and in large parts of the Ja'râz valley after the discovery of oil and natural gas. In this period, large infrastructure projects were realized and the GDP per capita doubled. Most of the country's modern-day wealth originates in that time, however, this period of Biladian history is also the reason for most disparities with areas outside of the Ja'râz valley and the shoreline being neglected by the government for decades, thus having little to no economic growth and infrastructure improvement. After the recession of the late 90s and a lack of growth throughout the early 2000s in most provinces, a seperatist movement took over in the Waqqa province, followed by the same happening in the Tikîya province in December 2017, starting the Wadun al-Waq War. The seperatists were largely unable to defend against government forces who retook Rasqiba't in January 2018 and since have regained control of large parts of the original area, leaving only parts of the Yusûn triangle under seperatist control (marked with the numbers I and II on the map claim). The Wadun al-Waq War has slowed down the economic development of the parts of the country east of al-Waqqa, though the areas to the West of it still experience some economic growth after the most important road to the eastern border has been under government control again.

The country is rich in natural resources such as oil, natural gas, coal, iron, copper and - though to a lesser degree - wood and fish. However, timber production is limited to only a few areas of the Ja'râz valley and the fishing industry is slowly but surely dying with the national fish production being reduced by more than 50% since the end of the recession (an 80%-drop compared to the time before the recession). Major exports include the previously meantioned natural resources (excluding fish), steel, vehicles, machinery, food and beverages. The major imports of Biladia include electronic products, armoury, textiles and luxurious goods.

The economy of rural areas is dominated by agriculture with wheat, cherries, apples, oranges, berries and flowers being the primarily produced products. To the north and far east, many farms which in addition to these products also have cattle, sheeps and goats can be found. Urban and suburban areas are where most of the industry is located.

The political system nowadays is democratic (excluding the areas currently held by seperatists) with a high respect to freedom of speech, though the Biladian government is known for human rights violations in the past.

Map claim (Image)

Geography and climate of nation: Relatively flat, with hills in the east; Relatively hot, though humid. arid areas get their water from the rivers.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Relatively strong economy, though the war endangers this in the far east of the country. There are also major social issues and unequal development when the provinces are compared with some provinces having a first-world living standard while others are very poor.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Reduce GDP and make it even more politically unstable, I guess. Maybe also reduce the population

How did you hear about Aeia? Through a fellow NSer
What other nations do you use on NS? rp/worldbuilding regions: Slovunia and Hagieria and Agrilan; somewhat active other nations: Khijriyah; inactive and ceased nations: a lot

Accepted.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:19 am

IC nation name: Miersan Commonwealth (Miersan: Rzeczpospolita Mierska)
Capital: Żobrodź
Government type: Unitary autocratic absolute monarchy
RP population: 81,291,019
Ethnic Group(s): Miersans make up the bulk of the population, with minorities comprising of Veyes, Newreyans and other small migrant communities.
Language(s): Miersan is the sole official and most widely-spoken language.
GDP per capita (USD): $13,172
HDI: 0.781
Brief background of nation: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/User:Kakletron/Miersa
Map claim: the Black

Geography and climate of nation: Miersa largely maintains a temperate continental climate, though it also maintains a small mountainous region and a Baltic coastline to the east. The country is largely low-lying, though also includes a highlands region to the north and the aforementioned mountainous region in the south. Many rivers stretch through the land, and the country maintains some of the largest remaining forested areas in Asura.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Miersa will act largely as a bulwark to CDN expansion; though it is friendly to the west, it does not wish to reform towards democracy, and it has no intention of joining CDN. The country would be one of the largest in Asura, and act as a major power in post-ASU eastern Asura. Further, within the country itself there is tension between pro and anti-western factions, which will play out in the country's politics. The country's main weaknesses would by it's high level of wealth inequality and the general divides within between pro and anti-western factions. In terms of strengths, it's population and GDP come into play.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Reduce the GDP per capita from 13,000 to 10,000 or so, potentially reduce the population and exacerbate the divides in government.

How did you hear about Aeia?: I had a great vision.
What other nations do you use on NS?: Tinza, Faldarun, herm, I have many other IC nations but not many other OOC accounts.
Roleplay sample: 1, 2, 3

Any other info you wish to add: Third time's the charm?
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 am

Caltarania wrote:IC nation name: Miersan Commonwealth (Miersan: Rzeczpospolita Mierska)
Capital: Żobrodź
Government type: Unitary autocratic absolute monarchy
RP population: 81,291,019
Ethnic Group(s): Miersans make up the bulk of the population, with minorities comprising of Veyes, Newreyans and other small migrant communities.
Language(s): Miersan is the sole official and most widely-spoken language.
GDP per capita (USD): $13,172
HDI: 0.781
Brief background of nation: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/User:Kakletron/Miersa
Map claim: the Black

Geography and climate of nation: Miersa largely maintains a temperate continental climate, though it also maintains a small mountainous region and a Baltic coastline to the east. The country is largely low-lying, though also includes a highlands region to the north and the aforementioned mountainous region in the south. Many rivers stretch through the land, and the country maintains some of the largest remaining forested areas in Asura.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Miersa will act largely as a bulwark to CDN expansion; though it is friendly to the west, it does not wish to reform towards democracy, and it has no intention of joining CDN. The country would be one of the largest in Asura, and act as a major power in post-ASU eastern Asura. Further, within the country itself there is tension between pro and anti-western factions, which will play out in the country's politics. The country's main weaknesses would by it's high level of wealth inequality and the general divides within between pro and anti-western factions. In terms of strengths, it's population and GDP come into play.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: Reduce the GDP per capita from 13,000 to 10,000 or so, potentially reduce the population and exacerbate the divides in government.

How did you hear about Aeia?: I had a great vision.
What other nations do you use on NS?: Tinza, Faldarun, herm, I have many other IC nations but not many other OOC accounts.
Roleplay sample: 1, 2, 3

Any other info you wish to add: Third time's the charm?

Accepted.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:22 pm

IC nation name: Known as Kodesh (Qadiyša ܩܕܫܝ) | Offically it is Beyt Šalāmā (ܒܝܬ ܫܠܡ, lit. the House of Peace)
Capital: Qalah (ܩܠܗ)
Government type: Theodemocratic Federation
RP population: ~78,000,000
Ethnic Group(s): Ethnically all the groups fit broadly into the Syrian Crescent (Levant-Mashriq), being divided moreso by language
Language(s): Nahrotaic (Aramaic) is the lingua franca, but is the native tongue of around ~20% of the population. The !Phoenician language is the most widely spoken, while !Assyrian Aramaic, !Ugartic, !Akkadian and !Turkoman (An Aramaic influence Turkmeni) are regional languages. I had also planned for the southern Canaanite languages (notably Hebrew, but also the Samaritan and Tiberian dialects) to be present, but I've been notified Hebrew is used elsewhere, so if there isn't a solution I can change them to !Phoenician or !Aramaic.
GDP per capita (USD): $10,000? (I'm not particularly set on this so any suggestions are good)
HDI: ~0.6-0.799 (as above)
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): (A very WIP infobox) Kodesh is a federation of a number of republics and monarchies. Irshad spread to the area in the xth century, initially diffused through merchants and sufis and later cemented by royal conversions. I don't have a solid plan for its history yet, since I'd rather keep it flexible and develop it later. The HoS is the Caliph (Ḥalep), elected via a worldwide Muridin electorate, from candidates approved by the Kodeshi Ulama, while the executive is headed by the President, who is democratically elected by the Kodeshi electorate. The Council of State is the upper house, and is made up of the heads of the various states, while the Senate and House of Deputies are the lower houses, the former made up of a mixture of directly and indirectly elected state representatives, and the latter by directly elected deputies via open party-list proportional representation.
Map claim (Imgur): With my rough ethno-linguistic sketch - I've realised that I may have made a mistake in the differentiation between the Middle-Eastern area and the Arabic area, so these are some possible other locations. 1 being the primary, 1-2 being a possible addon to 1, and 3 another possible location but IIRC someone else expressed interest already. With any change I'd jumble the ethnicities and languages as needed.

Geography and climate of nation: I imagined Kodesh to similar geographically to the Fertile Crescent, particularly in the south, with the north being akin to a mixture of highlands and flatlands.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Likely a regional power in southern Catai, or an aspiring one at least, mainly focusing on spreading its influence via soft power.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: A population, GDP or HDI decrease, and anything else suggested.

How did you hear about Aeia? Largely through Calt
What other nations do you use on NS? Just this
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): For worldbuilding: Buckland, Satucin and Tava are some of my ongoing projects; and this is a recent rp post; and this an example news post

Last edited by Krugmar on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:21 am

Krugmar wrote:IC nation name: Known as Kodesh (Qadiyša ܩܕܫܝ) | Offically it is Beyt Šalāmā (ܒܝܬ ܫܠܡ, lit. the House of Peace)
Capital: Qalah (ܩܠܗ)
Government type: Theodemocratic Federation
RP population: ~78,000,000
Ethnic Group(s): Ethnically all the groups fit broadly into the Syrian Crescent (Levant-Mashriq), being divided moreso by language
Language(s): Nahrotaic (Aramaic) is the lingua franca, but is the native tongue of around ~20% of the population. The !Phoenician language is the most widely spoken, while !Assyrian Aramaic, !Ugartic, !Akkadian and !Turkoman (An Aramaic influence Turkmeni) are regional languages. I had also planned for the southern Canaanite languages (notably Hebrew, but also the Samaritan and Tiberian dialects) to be present, but I've been notified Hebrew is used elsewhere, so if there isn't a solution I can change them to !Phoenician or !Aramaic.
GDP per capita (USD): $10,000? (I'm not particularly set on this so any suggestions are good)
HDI: ~0.6-0.799 (as above)
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki): (A very WIP infobox) Kodesh is a federation of a number of republics and monarchies. Irshad spread to the area in the xth century, initially diffused through merchants and sufis and later cemented by royal conversions. I don't have a solid plan for its history yet, since I'd rather keep it flexible and develop it later. The HoS is the Caliph (Ḥalep), elected via a worldwide Muridin electorate, from candidates approved by the Kodeshi Ulama, while the executive is headed by the President, who is democratically elected by the Kodeshi electorate. The Council of State is the upper house, and is made up of the heads of the various states, while the Senate and House of Deputies are the lower houses, the former made up of a mixture of directly and indirectly elected state representatives, and the latter by directly elected deputies via open party-list proportional representation.
Map claim (Imgur): With my rough ethno-linguistic sketch - I've realised that I may have made a mistake in the differentiation between the Middle-Eastern area and the Arabic area, so these are some possible other locations. 1 being the primary, 1-2 being a possible addon to 1, and 3 another possible location but IIRC someone else expressed interest already. With any change I'd jumble the ethnicities and languages as needed.

Geography and climate of nation: I imagined Kodesh to similar geographically to the Fertile Crescent, particularly in the south, with the north being akin to a mixture of highlands and flatlands.
How will your nation fit within the existing regional power structure? (strengths/weaknesses): Likely a regional power in southern Catai, or an aspiring one at least, mainly focusing on spreading its influence via soft power.
If asked to reduce the strength of your nation, how would you do so?: A population, GDP or HDI decrease, and anything else suggested.

How did you hear about Aeia? Largely through Calt
What other nations do you use on NS? Just this
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): For worldbuilding: Buckland, Satucin and Tava are some of my ongoing projects; and this is a recent rp post; and this an example news post

Accepted.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information