NATION

PASSWORD

Infantry Discussion Thread part 11: Gallas Razor edition.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:09 am

Husseinarti wrote:so are you guys going to respond to this post or do you just get really sweaty and scared when somebody questions your mod powers?

Of course they are not.

You people need to get it into your head that there is not going to be any justice or sense here. Once the staff make up their mind to arbitrarily ban or punish something or someone you can no more get them to change their mind than you can get water out of a stone. It's over. They have the power and therefore they get to bully us any way they see fit. And any such post you make is just sweet, sweet tears of outrage for them to lick off your face whilst laughing maniacally.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:25 am

Opinions on the Gewehr 95? The standard issue rifle of the Austro-Hungarian Empire seems to get a lot less attention than its German cousin. I’ve heard the biggest difference is a straight-pull bolt but I don’t know much about how it performed compared to the 98. Gimme some ‘sparg on any meaningful differences plz.
Last edited by NeuPolska on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Cosparia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosparia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:37 am

Purpelia wrote:Of course they are not.

You people need to get it into your head that there is not going to be any justice or sense here. Once the staff make up their mind to arbitrarily ban or punish something or someone you can no more get them to change their mind than you can get water out of a stone. It's over. They have the power and therefore they get to bully us any way they see fit. And any such post you make is just sweet, sweet tears of outrage for them to lick off your face whilst laughing maniacally.

Therein lies the problem.

I've already taken it upon myself to altogether leave three other forums due to overzealous moddery. Part of it started as fairly justifiable to me, what with massive trolling and pissing matches not unlike what happened in MGVoYN last week which kicked this [REDACTED] bullshittery off, but eventually it just... devolved, in exactly the way it's going on right now. Mods on those other forums began using the banhammer as a standard ball-peen. It all ultimately ended up as a massive show of power and censorship. I simply couldn't continue there.

I'm not going to try and challenge the mods' decisions. All I will do is simply watch and lurk.

I enjoy NationStates. I enjoy the premise of the game(?), and I enjoy reading (and occasionally contributing to) the conversations that occur on threads like this. But if this continues to occur, I may have to step out the door and not return.

OT:
NeuPolska wrote:Opinions on the Gewehr 95? The standard issue rifle of the Austro-Hungarian Empire seems to get a lot less attention than its German cousin. I’ve heard the biggest difference is a straight-pull bolt but I don’t know much about how it performed compared to the 98. Gimme some ‘sparg on any meaningful differences plz.

Apparently the G95 needs more frequent care due to having a relatively fragile extractor (or maybe it's the other way around), on account of apparently not having any primary extraction, but I don't know enough beyond that to have an educated opinion.
Disregard most NS stats, I don't play by those rules.
I take a very dim view of politicians IRL.

19-year-old American. Interest in military, history, politics, and firearms. Hobbies include airsoft, gaming, and NS (obviously).
PRO: Guns, weed, border security, strong military, militia, capitalism, Constitution, republicanism, right-libertarianism, choice.
ANTI: Gun-control, Democrat, Republican, Trump, fascism, Antifa, Black Lives Matter, Blue Lives Matter, tyranny, communism, domestic spying, foreign involvement.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:51 am

NeuPolska wrote:Opinions on the Gewehr 95? The standard issue rifle of the Austro-Hungarian Empire seems to get a lot less attention than its German cousin. I’ve heard the biggest difference is a straight-pull bolt but I don’t know much about how it performed compared to the 98. Gimme some ‘sparg on any meaningful differences plz.

Everything you ever wanted to know about the Gewher 1895 but wanted someone to digest for you into a decent length presentation so you don't have to read through books.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 am

Anemos Major wrote:If anybody's looking for an NS military-oriented Discord chan, you're all very welcome to join up here: https://discord.gg/UXbpctP

(If you need to relentlessly post linearting drafts, get feedback on something but don't want to interrupt a discussion on the threads, or you just feel the aching desire to shitpost, here's the place to do it all!)
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Don » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:05 pm

My military uniform and some gear to go with it all:

One of the original 1850's era uniforms that appeared as part of the first Heavy Rifle Battalions and the early approach to adopting a form of camouflage when compared to the red shirts and blue-green jackets on the desert sands.

The harness was originally a white linen 'X' across the shoulders but a leather backpack harness was chosen after experiences with mountaineers . The harness began to serve multiple duties: A belt to hold up the trousers, suspenders to hold up the trousers, a place to tie or mount pouches and equipment, and it held a small rucksack for rations, clothes, cleaning supplies, and various types of equipment.

The pattern while referred to as the PT-56 was actually put in much more predominantly around 1892.
Last edited by Free-Don on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Taihei Tengoku wrote:>broccoli in soup

It actually works quite well in creamy soups. Cream of broccoli can be quite nice but bricolli and stilton is really rather good.

I can also see it working in some Asian soups or at least the ones that appear to be a few stir fry ingredients plus a broth/stock to my admittedly limited knowledge.

On asparagus it probably only appears as part of the output of base/large vessel catering and is probably more likely to be found in the officers mess and sergeants mess than the junior ranks messes.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Khornatenreich
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khornatenreich » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:18 pm

Crookfur wrote:
Taihei Tengoku wrote:>broccoli in soup

It actually works quite well in creamy soups. Cream of broccoli can be quite nice but bricolli and stilton is really rather good.

I can also see it working in some Asian soups or at least the ones that appear to be a few stir fry ingredients plus a broth/stock to my admittedly limited knowledge.

On asparagus it probably only appears as part of the output of base/large vessel catering and is probably more likely to be found in the officers mess and sergeants mess than the junior ranks messes.

Had it in beer-cheese soup before........ not the "worst" thing to put in it. Certainly couldn't compete with the boar bacon thrown in there tbh.
NS Mods are Huxlian Parasites, don't do a badthink goys!
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality
Serbia, Hungary, Austria & Finland have the right idea, preserve European Ethnic & Cultural Integrity against the southern hordes for future generations!
Multikulti ist ein Krebsgeschwür, brenne es die Hölle aus!

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:35 pm

Khornatenreich wrote:
Crookfur wrote:It actually works quite well in creamy soups. Cream of broccoli can be quite nice but bricolli and stilton is really rather good.

Had it in beer-cheese soup before........ not the "worst" thing to put in it. Certainly couldn't compete with the boar bacon thrown in there tbh.

Note to self: find a way to make a bacon, cheese and brocolli MRE without it turning into a horror of lovecraftian proportions...
The Kingdom of Crookfur

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:36 pm

Crookfur wrote:
Khornatenreich wrote:

Note to self: find a way to make a bacon, cheese and brocolli MRE without it turning into a horror of lovecraftian proportions...

Isn't that half the fun of MRE design?

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:43 pm

People complain about MREs nonstop, what a hot meme.

That Pvt that came in said the MREs were actually pretty good, and Kass says to just avoid the Asian stuff, or at least, unheated Asian stuff. I guess I can confirm in a month when I’m on Christmas exodus.

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Chinevion
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinevion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:44 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Korva wrote:Actually grilled asparagus twice in the last week, seasoned with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and some diced garlic on them.

Was pretty good I guess.

Yes this is the kind of asparagus I’m talking about

But minus the garlic I think

sparagus can only be eaten in moderation as it causes your pee to smell. When hiding from mods, you don't want the smell to give you away

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:45 pm

Chinevion wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:Yes this is the kind of asparagus I’m talking about

But minus the garlic I think

sparagus can only be eaten in moderation as it causes your pee to smell. When hiding from mods, you don't want the smell to give you away

I thought asparagus just made your pee green

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Chinevion
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinevion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:49 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Chinevion wrote:

I thought asparagus just made your pee green

No no, it makes it stink to high heaven, which when taking shelter in a burned out Ifv, will lead the mods tracking dogs right to you.
Last edited by Chinevion on Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:00 pm

NeuPolska wrote:People complain about MREs nonstop, what a hot meme.

That Pvt that came in said the MREs were actually pretty good, and Kass says to just avoid the Asian stuff, or at least, unheated Asian stuff. I guess I can confirm in a month when I’m on Christmas exodus.

Oh I'm sure they are fine and after a long cold and exhausting day probably the best tasting thing ever but they do have thier long term issues.

A cool meme would be that the entire Crookdur Army has an omeprazol prescription to deal with the chronic indigestion and heartburn the Meals Individual Lightweight Feild tend to cause.

Yes it is a deliberatly horrid backcronim.
The Kingdom of Crookfur

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:04 pm

“Alright men! Come get your MILFs!”

“Mmm, what a delicious MILF”

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Chinevion
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinevion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:07 pm

NeuPolska wrote:“Alright men! Come get your MILFs!”

Its hot too

Khornatenreich
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Khornatenreich » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:08 pm

Puzikas wrote:
Austrasien wrote:Why will you not accept the good news about 13.2mm into your heart? Why?

I miss Aquiz.

We all do.
NS Mods are Huxlian Parasites, don't do a badthink goys!
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality
Serbia, Hungary, Austria & Finland have the right idea, preserve European Ethnic & Cultural Integrity against the southern hordes for future generations!
Multikulti ist ein Krebsgeschwür, brenne es die Hölle aus!

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:23 pm

Chinevion wrote:
NeuPolska wrote:“Alright men! Come get your MILFs!”

Its hot too

Join the army and get a hot milf everyday...
The Kingdom of Crookfur

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:36 pm

Crookfur wrote:
Chinevion wrote:
Its hot too

Join the army and get a hot milf everyday...

They don’t always give them to you hot

You have to warm them up sometimes

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:08 pm

Kassaran wrote:[...]

Usage of the word has been detailed and explained as a preponderance of trolling in most contexts - including the overwhelming history of its usage here. The topic of this thread isn't the punishments in it; it's infantry discussion. They can appeal if they so desire.

Khornatenreich wrote:Bastard mod horseshit.

Khornatenreich: You have more than enough history to know this sort of flaming/baiting is unacceptable. *** 7-day ban for flaming/baiting. ***.

Beyond this: the topic of this thread aren't punishments executed in it. Remain topical, or we can just lock the thread.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Chinevion
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinevion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:17 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by Chinevion on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chinevion
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Chinevion » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:17 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Crookfur wrote:Join the army and get a hot milf everyday...

They don’t always give them to you hot

You have to warm them up sometimes

All the better, nothings better then a cold milf warming up to you

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:21 pm

Delete-
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Laritaia
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:How could I be trolling if I didn't even know?

best not to question such exalted beings from a higher plane then us lowly plebs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information