NATION

PASSWORD

How is Islam treated in your country?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Seanesia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Seanesia » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:53 am

Although we're a secular nation constitutionally, Islam takes about 72.5% of the population, making Islam the majority in Seanesia. Mosques are common and easy to find in Seanesia. A religions freedom law ensured Islam to be treated equal as other existing religions in Seanesia; freedom of practice, freedom to construct a house of worship, and no income from national tax (means all religious organizations must have their own income and is not supported by tax). However, any kind of radical ideologies from all religions (the so-called "jihad", zionism, christian nationalism etc) is banned.

NYANGHULU HUKUM,NUNJANG NAGARA, MUFAKAT KA BALAREA

Felsigberg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Felsigberg » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:55 am

Legal but heavily discouraged. Felsigbergians do not see it as a religion of peace.

New Freedomstan
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Freedomstan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:43 am

Illegal, like any organized religion. While private belief is de facto tolerated, attempts at public gatherings or professing to religious belief in public is penalized by re-education through labour, and execution for religious figures and leaders.

Creslonia
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Creslonia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:45 am

We are a secular nation, so Islam would be treated just like any other religion (that is, relatively ignored and just left alone). However, many Creslonians do believe that it is a 'religion of peace'.

Technoscience Leftwing
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2019
Authoritarian Democracy

How is Islam treated in your country?

Postby Technoscience Leftwing » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:05 am

Scientific atheism is the official philosophical doctrine, the propaganda of the anti-scientific worldview is prohibited, as is the creation of any religious organizations. Religious propagandists are deported from the country.

Factbook * Wiki * Constitution
* TLC Factbook
* Goal: increase comfort, technical capabilities and knowledge for most people.
* Pro: technicalism, social equality, cosmopolitanism, scientific atheism, revolutionism, emancipation.
* Contra: technophobia, reactionary despotism, nationalism, religion, ascetic regulation, traditionalism, patriarchality.
* Real location: Russia. Sorry for mistakes in English. Всем салют!

Sohiria
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sohiria » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:12 am

No islam here. Or Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism or any other religion. Only reason and science get a platform, religious beliefs are seen as primitive, idiotic and counterproductive.

Auspelia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Auspelia » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:38 am

In Auspelia, there have been a few terror attacks over the past few years that have been linked to radical Islamism. Due to this, many Auspelians feel somewhat uneasy about the religion but recognize that mainstream Islam is fundamentally different from its radical and fringe element. However, this has not stopped the government taking precautionary measures by placing Mosques under temporary 24/7 CCTV supervision for the time being. At the recent general election, however, a notable Auspelian anti-Islam party has just been made apart of Auspelia's government coalition so it is likely that further measures could/will be taken. Despite this, the constitution of Auspelia guarantees freedom of religion and worship so it is forbidden for the government to ban people from adhering to their chosen religion and this includes Islam.

Subhurbia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 02, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Subhurbia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Islam, and other Abrahamic religions are perceived negatively throughout Suhurbia. It is seen as dogmatic, oppressive, misogynistic, racist, and institutionalized.

Sufism is more acceptable however.
Not to be mistaken for Suburbia.

Moxieland
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Moxieland » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:51 am

The citizens of Moxieland tend to look down on Islam, due to connections with Terrorism, but it's still legal and freely worshiped.

Yeremania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yeremania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:24 am

Religious freedom is a virtue in Yeremanian society, but due to terrorist attacks, people have been a bit untrusting of the Islam religion.

Bangsamoro Rojo
Secretary

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bangsamoro Rojo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:39 am

Like any subversive ideology, that is, suppressed with extreme prejudice.
Puppet of the New Visayan Islands, typically used for fluff purposes.

Naturally, this does not represent my actual beliefs.

New Udonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 06, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Udonia » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:44 am

All religions are authorized freedom, as long as their primary teachings don't incite illegal behavior.
Shia Islam is actually the official religion of the District of Asim, although Sunni Islam is protected under the law.
Although terrorism is classified as a member of the T6, New Udonia recognizes the multi-polarity of terrorism, so the majority of the nation doesn't blame Islam for acts of terror.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - MLKJ
News: The New Udonian Weekly

Arentium
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arentium » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:50 am

Good news, ya Muslims. Religion is legal in Arentium, now. Islam included.

Luxcentra
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxcentra » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:58 am

Islam no longer exists. Not because of suppression, but because people became so involved in their own personal lives and careers that islam fell out of popularity long ago, a couple decades before christianity died out as well. Now abrahamic religions are relatively unknown, with the average person knowing as much about islam as they do the greek polytheistic religions.
FT Ecumenopolis
Used a base picture of the moon Titan, and made the changes to make it look like a planet-wide city. (Scroll to bottom of link for picture of planet)

Luxcentra was colonized with the goal of becoming the galactic center of NS Commerce.

ENTP|Taurus|Lawful Good|Earth/Light
My Values
Luxcentran Values
Lux Central News -- Preparing For Tomorrow | Residents worried of the President's sudden authoritarian turn | Construction of a new central district to replace the current capital is under way.

Starodubsky Russia
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Starodubsky Russia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:40 am

Certain minority groups have fallen under its thrall. The Yarkandi Tuvans are especially...clingy...to it.

We officially tolerate the religion...provided they comply with the right supervision.

Indonesian Peoples
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Islam is Highly Encouraged

Postby Indonesian Peoples » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:32 pm

In The Democratic Republic of The Indonesian Peoples, Islam is Legal and treated equally with other respected and official recognized religious groups in the D.R.I.P.

Which are: Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Confucious.

With 87%> the population, it is (possibly) The Most Populated and religious Islamic country in the world ( irl search up indonesia if you don’t believe me )

And Islam is highly encouraged towards all Nusantarans.

Second place, christianity in 11,9% of The Population.
Last edited by Indonesian Peoples on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Marhænist Republic of Nusantara
Ooc: And please refer to me as Nusantara when RPing. Oh and dont mind my flag, its just temporary

Imperio Centroamericano
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperio Centroamericano » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:41 pm

The government doesn't favor or disfavor any religion. People of all religions are free to practice their faith, but religious services cannot take place outside of places of worship, and clergy (regardless of religion) are prohibited from wearing religious garb outside of their respective churches/synagogues/mosques/etc. There are no known Muslims in the country, but if there were, they would enjoy the same rights as everyone else: no more, and no less.
Please refer to me as "Central American Empire," not "Imperio Centroamericano"; I only picked the latter name because the former was unavailable.

Also, just to be clear, this nation does not reflect my OOC views.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:12 pm

We treat Islam with equal rights and freedoms and respect. Islamic Muslims can migrate from the start and practice their religion and customs freely but after receiving terrorist attacks occasionally we have to ramp up police officers at the block. We now screen potential terrorists and place occasionally surveillance cameras in public places.

Al-Rum
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 30, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Al-Rum » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:42 am

In Al-Rum Islam is the state religion and in most circumstances the state is Islam.

The United Avalon Systems
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Avalon Systems » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:29 pm

All religion of any type is banned in The Commonwealth. This is due to a event early in The Commonwealth's history that led to them fleeing the galaxy of Celestia for Avalon.
NS Stats are not used, use the factbooks instead
A Tier 10, Level 5, Type 9 Civilization according to this index
I'm Queer!

New Narsia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Narsia » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:47 pm

New Narsia is mostly atheist but doesn't treat people of religion differently (or at least most of the population doesn't). Islam is a religion practiced by 7% (or 60 million) of the population making it the 5th most practiced religion in the country behind Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, and Atheism (from least practiced to most practiced). This demographic is mainly from North African and Middle Eastern immigrants.

An Islamic World
Attaché

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby An Islamic World » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:03 pm

We are an Islamic State and Islam is the state religion and governs our society.

We have limited tolerance for non-Muslims in our society, mostly due to tourists, and foreigners who move here are required to convert to Islam to become citizens.
AN ISLAMIC WORLD is a caliphate that is leading the global Islamic revolution!
Please do not resist your inevitable conversions to Islam! You will be much happier once you have submitted to Allah!
Our world!
If you take this overly-exaggerated nation seriously, you're a damn fool.

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Just like any other religion: tolerated, but not encouraged. The Castelian government officially encourages full state secularism, and as such does not officially encourage any religious doctrine. In this case, Sharia Law, and any other law based in religious systems, is considered inapplicable in the Castelian justice system, and any religious debate in government policy is considered illegal. (example: abortion because it offends religious beliefs is not considered a valid point in government debate)

However, citizens are free to practice Islam if they wish to do so.
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

Great Britaen
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Britaen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:31 am

Islam is recognized in Great Britaen
-----Great Britaen Rules the Waves-----

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information