NATION

PASSWORD

Teremara & Wishtonia Regional Application Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cedecra
Civilian

Founded: Dec 03, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cedecra » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:55 pm

IC Portion of the Application

1. What is the official name of your nation? The Kingdom of Cedecra

2. What type of government currently runs your nation? Constitutional Monarchy

3. Your Head of Government: Prime Minister Amy Lawrence

4. Your Head of State: Governor-General Mark Lynn

5. What is your national population? (We will not accept a population larger than 150 million without discussion) 7 million

6. What type of economy operates your nation? a free market economy with negligible government regulation

7. Give us a brief description of your nation (culture, society, spirituality, politics, climate, geography, etc.) Cedecra is a small state in the center of the two main land masses of Teremara. Cedecra has leveraged its strategic position by transforming itself into a regional tourism and trade hub. The country has a temperate oceanic climate with cool summers and winters. Led by a constitutional monarchy with strong democratic institutions, citizens and residents enjoy a capitalist, free market, services dominated economy, universal healthcare, high standard of living, free press, and strong civil rights. It has one of the lowest tax rates in the region, which has led it to be a preferred site of foreign investment and hosts the headquarters of some of the leading companies in Teremara. It has a population of 7 million Cedecrans, aside from permanent residents and international travellers who find themselves in the country due to some international air or sea voyage, employment or leisure, come from different ethnic backgrounds thanks to years of immigration and its central location in between Madurin and Tavlyria. It has a small but technologically advanced military who helps secure its territory and protect its independence. The national currency is the Cedecran dollar.

8. Please give us some roleplaying links (Please provide at least two individual posts from NS):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=473272
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=472879

(* NOTE: Parts of the above portion of the application were borrowed with permission from Ossoria and Tyran.)

OOC Portion of the Application

1. Tell us more about yourself, the player behind the nation, to help in the selection process. (Without revealing too much personal information that would jeopardize your security.)

a. Are you new to NS or a vet player? i've been playing for more than six years if I am correct

b. Are you returning to NS with another account? rejoined after a hiatus, created Crisac and then this

c. Do you already know someone in the region? I've met Neu Engollon, Falkasia, Figuerroa, Gragastavia, Taranima though my preliminary appearance in the discord server. I have not encountered them in my previous roleplays before

2. Have you ever applied to Teremara before, and if so, when and with which NS account? Nope

3. a. Do you have multiple accounts (puppets) and what are they? Crisac

b. Which one is your primary account that you use most often? Crisac, but now maybe this one

4. a. Is there any drama, OOC conflict or issues that occurred in a previous region that involved you? Please be specific. (If you would like to keep this answer private, please TG the founder and simply write 'Telegrammed' here. N/A

b. If you were in another RP region, why did you decide to leave? Fell inactve

5. What is your main favorite writing focus when it comes to roleplay?
[x] Economics and trade (GE&T)
[x] Diplomacy
[ ] NS Sports
[ ] Character RPs
[x] Exploration
[ ] Large scale War and conflict (II),
[x] Factbooks and iiwiki
[ ] Other (Please elaborate if other.)

6. a. What tech do you normally RP in? i.e. MT, PMT, FT, PT MT
(Please narrow down to within a century for PT and FT. Also, please be aware that it’s okay if you like to RP fantasy tech elsewhere, but we’re a mostly MT, realist region and when working within our canon and regional RPs, we expect realism in relation to this region.)

b. Are you willing to RP in other techs? Sure

7. What are the goals you would like to accomplish in Teremara and what do you hope to get out of your experience here from us, the current members? After being invited, I found the region to be a good fit for my nation. I hope to have a fun and dynamic roleplay experience and help in the community as much as I can.

8. Are there any other helpful things you would like to share about yourself, NS related or not? I'm happy to answer questions. Just leave me a message.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:59 am

Cedecra has been accepted. Welcome aboard!
This account is representative for all the affairs of Teremara. TG me about membership.
Teremara Regional Application Thread

The Sesigine Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sesigine Republic » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:24 am

1. What is the official name of your nation? The Sesigine Republic (green) , The Republic of Sasozhlu (blue), The Kingdom of the Lowlands (red). They won't take up much land area, don't worry.

2. What type of government currently runs your nation? The Sesigine Republic is a directorial unitary constitutional republic (think a modernised version of the French 1975 constitution put into place, with a bicameral parliament to pass legislation and a group of elected officials wielding executive power that has a presidency which rotates four times a year). The legislature is divided into the Senate (upper) and National Council (lower). The executive body is referred to as the Sesigine Directory, and it has six members (although the constitution limits its size to anywhere between four and eight members)

The Republic of Sasozhlu is an autocratic military junta in which separation of powers is nonexistent, with a tiny unelected legislature made up of loyalists appointed by the dictator almost entirely for improved ease of administration. The country exists under permanent martial law. The Kingdom of the Lowlands is a parliamentary constitutional monarchy with a quintessentially-Nordic unicameral legislature.

3. Your Head of Government: The current President of the Sesigine Directory is Töithrishni Nuzhshusongaśrishi. He assumed office at the beginning of this year, and will be president until the beginning of April. The current President of Sasozhlu is the 102-year-old Tisisdi Udshosölizhaki. The current prime minister of the Lowlands is Aksli Lundoborgu/Axel Lundeberg

4. Your Head of State: See above for the Sesigine Republic and Sasozhlu. The current king of the Lowlands is His Majesty Rudolthu II/Rudolf II

5. What is your national population? (We will not accept a population larger than 150 million without discussion) 6,723,339 in the Sesigine Republic, 4,270,870 in Sasozhlu, 5,906,394 in the Kingdom of the Lowlands.

6. What type of economy operates your nation? In the Sesigine Republic, A mixed-marked capitalist economy. There is significant government involvement in housing for the poor, public transportation and electricity (especially nuclear power). Sasozhlu has a low degree of formal government intervention in its economy but very strong de-facto ties between the government and the mining industry in practice. Sasozhlu has attempted to make itself tax haven to attract foreign capital, a policy which has had some degree of success and has mostly served to fatten the wallets of the country's well-connected elites. The Kingdom of the Lowlands is a textbook developed social democracy, with a strong welfare state (although its size has shrunk in recent years) and extensive government involvement in key industries (including a government monopoly over things such as telecommunications and road/rail infrastructure)

7. Give us a brief description of your nation (culture, society, spirituality, politics, climate, geography, etc.) The Sesigine Republic is the nation-state of the Sesigi (the g is a ɣ, although when referred to in English the g in their ethnonym is pronounced phoenetically) people, although not all territory inhabited by Sesigies (the -es is a plural suffix, and is the way it is because the language of the Sesigies agglutinates its suffixes in a similar manner to Etruscan) is claimed by or administered by the republic. The Sesigine Republic is centred around the Ireshthezh Shield, a large stretch of worn, jagged highland territory that gives way to coastal mountains at one coast and lowland plains at another. It is the most populous of the three countries, although not by much, and is the largest in land area by a large margin.

Sasozhlu is not a part of the Sesigine Republic, but has close economic ties with it, sharing a common market and currency with the Republic (although politically and militarily they hardly interact). Relations between the two countries have warmed since the Sesigine Republic failed to invade Sasozhlu after the empire they were a part of collapsed, and now the country enjoys most of the benefits of being part of the Sesigine Republic without actually being part of it. Sasozhlu's local dialect is perhaps the most divergent of the three countries', but is still mutually intelligible with the standard variety used in administration and formal settings. Sasozhlu is the farthest north of the three countries and its terrain is perhaps the most jagged. Sasozhlu is currently governed by a military junta that's been in place since the 70s. The junta is tolerated by its southern neighbour, but its leader is very old and there are rumours his health is worsening in spite of his refusal to publically name a replacement. Sasozhlu is differs religiously from the other two nations mentioned in this post, which are mostly Christian, in that eight tenths of its population follows the teachings of the prophet Astusu who lived in the 18th century. The flag of Sasozhlu is a nod to seashell divination, suppressed by Christians in the region and then embraced by Astusu as part of his teachings, that is now famous as an integral cultural practice of the region.

The Kingdom of the Lowlands is the most densely-populated of the three countries and has the worst relations with the other nations mentioned here out of the three. Its royal family was originally from the empire that ruled over the Sesigi people and the kingdom was founded after they went into exile, although to maintain rule of law in the face of hostile nationalists with military power to the north the formerly-Nordic monarchy has largely gone native, as has the country's administration. The country does have a sizeable Nordic-speaking minority which enjoys extensive government recognition, however, and many influential figures in the Lowlands are of Nordic descent. It is located south of the Sesigi Republic, with its inland northern border alone the rim of the Ireshthezh shield. The Sesigine Republic has tried to invade it several times over the 20th century with varying degrees of success, and only relinquished claims over its territory in the 1998 after a long peace process that established the (de-facto largely toothless) Sesigi Infranational Council (which includes all three nations and mostly acts as a mediating body).

All three countries are have a very maritime cool temperate climate (in some places it meets the definition of subpolar, as it would in Tierra Del Fuego or some places above the north sea like Orkney). It's cold, wet and miserable everywhere - think Scotland.

8. Please give us some roleplaying links (Please provide at least two individual posts from NS): https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispa ... id=2270571

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=471971

Note: the caretaker of the region has seen these before in TG. The RP died the way it did because I worked in a call centre while I tried to make it - that won't be happening again.

(* NOTE: Parts of the above portion of the application were borrowed with permission from Ossoria and Tyran.)

1. Tell us more about yourself, the player behind the nation, to help in the selection process. (Without revealing too much personal information that would jeopardize your security.)

I'm a uni student, soon to be studying IT, and I'm on break for about a month until then, after that I'm going into some pretty straightforward first year uni courses. I can't say I know much about the subject though. I like absorbing factoids about culture, history, geography and politics on the internet, although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit of a dilettante. I make maps on paint.net and I think I've gotten pretty decent at it. I'm also Australian which is fun.

a. Are you new to NS or a vet player? A vet player, I've been here since 2013 on and off. My most motivated points in time have been when I've found good communities to RP in, it's great fuel for getting things put on a keyboard.

b. Are you returning to NS with another account? Just these.

c. Do you already know someone in the region?

2. Have you ever applied to Teremara before, and if so, when and with which NS account?

3. a. Do you have multiple accounts (puppets) and what are they? The three I intend on enterring this region with - The Sesigine Republic,The Republic of Sasozhlu and The Kingdom of the Lowlands.

b. Which one is your primary account that you use most often? My main would be the Sesigine Republic, I should be reached there.

4. a. Is there any drama, OOC conflict or issues that occurred in a previous region that involved you? Please be specific. (If you would like to keep this answer private, please TG the founder and simply write 'Telegrammed' here. Nah, I'm generally a pretty agreeable guy, especially in small communities.

b. If you were in another RP region, why did you decide to leave? The last time I RPed in a region was as Great Antipodea almost 3 years ago. The region died so I lost interest.

[ ] Economics and trade (GE&T)
[x] Diplomacy
[ ] NS Sports
[ ] Character RPs
[X] Exploration
[x] Large scale War and conflict (II),
[x] Factbooks and iiwiki

(I'm not a big military hardware expert, but I've been told I write like a journalist at times.)

6. a. What tech do you normally RP in? i.e. MT, PMT, FT, PT
Past tech, from antiquity up to the early modern era, and MT. I don't really dabble in much futuristic and FTL FT RP kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it's basically fantasy, and fantasy has never really interested me thus far.

b. Are you willing to RP in other techs? Yes

7. What are the goals you would like to accomplish in Teremara and what do you hope to get out of your experience here from us, the current members? Cool RP and collaborative nation/worldbuilding, immersion, satisfying projects.

8. Are there any other helpful things you would like to share about yourself, NS related or not? I can't think of anything that hasn't been addressed by the above questions, but you are free to ask me anyway.
Last edited by The Sesigine Republic on Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:33 am

Probation has failed. 2 nations CTE'd. One ejected due to non-response. Thanks for trying.
Last edited by Teremara Caretaker on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is representative for all the affairs of Teremara. TG me about membership.

Kystoya
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kystoya » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:11 pm

1. What is the official name of your nation?
The Dictatorship of Kystoya

2. What type of government currently runs your nation?I
An autocratic dictatorship.

3. Your Head of Government:
Supreme Commander Seth Maxson

4. Your Head of State:,
Supreme Commander Seth Maxson

5. What is your national population? (We will not accept a population larger than 150 million without discussion)
125 million

6. What type of economy operates your nation?
Capitalist

7. Give us a brief description of your nation (culture, society, spirituality, politics, climate, geography, etc.)
Kystoya is a Scandinavian nation that operates under a Conservative dictator and capitalist economy. The nation mantains a strong Nordic sense of pride and dignity, which shows in everyday life. The climate is generally mild summers and freezing winters. The island nation resides ofd the coast of Norway, with Kystoya meaning coast island in Norwegian. Gridiron and hockey are the most prominent sports played in Kystoya. (Ill be making factbooks to elaborate on the history, culture, etc.)

8. Please give us some roleplaying links (Please provide at least two individual posts from NS): (I did these RPs long ago and my RPing ability has greatly improved since then.) I was DeLongtasia in this RP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=448109&start=75

I dont have another forum link but if youre up for look up DeLongtasia on the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators RMB and youll see various exploits.

1. Tell us more about yourself, the player behind the nation, to help in the selection process. (Without revealing too much personal information that would jeopardize your security.) I am a 21 year old guy who lives in Michigan wasting his life on away on NS who works as an executive at an arms company in Detroit. I am a conservative and an atheist. I also have red hair and blue eyes which is a very weird combination.

a. Are you new to NS or a vet player?

I have been playing for around 1 and a half years so I'd say I'm sort of a vet.

b. Are you returning to NS with another account?
Yes.

No.

2. Have you ever applied to Teremara before, and if so, when and with which NS account?
No.

3. a. Do you have multiple accounts (puppets) and what are they?
I also own the nations DeLongtasia and Anglo-Corpus, although DeLongtasia is defunct.

b. Which one is your primary account that you use most often?
This one now.

4. a. Is there any drama, OOC conflict or issues that occurred in a previous region that involved you? Please be specific. (If you would like to keep this answer private, please TG the founder and simply write 'Telegrammed' here. No, not really.

b. If you were in another RP region, why did you decide to leave?
Im still in the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators with my alt, which is an RP region, so I didnt leave per say.

[x] Economics and trade (GE&T)
[ ] Diplomacy
[x] NS Sports
[x] Character RPs
[ ] Exploration
[x] Factbooks and iiwiki

(Please narrow down to within a century for PT and FT. Also, please be aware that it’s okay if you like to RP fantasy tech elsewhere, but we’re a mostly MT, realist region and when working within our canon and regional RPs, we expect realism in relation to this region.)The
MT

b. Are you willing to RP in other techs? Yes, as long as its not too far in the past.

7. What are the goals you would like to accomplish in Teremara and what do you hope to get out of your experience here from us, the current members? I hope to join a fun community and roleplay with a new nation.

8. Are there any other helpful things you would like to share about yourself, NS related or not? Not that I can think of.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:41 am

Due to nonresponse during review, this application was rejected.
Last edited by Teremara Caretaker on Tue May 26, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Kafair
Civilian

Founded: Sep 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Kafair » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:21 am

1. What is the official name of your nation? The Black Star Imperium of Greater Kafair

2. What type of government currently runs your nation? Monarchy

3. Your Head of Government: The Black Star Imperator Yohannes Geriez

4. Your Head of State: The Black Star Imperator Yohannes Geriez

5. What is your national population? (We will not accept a population larger than 150 million without discussion) Roughly 78 million

6. What type of economy operates your nation? Capitalist

7. Give us a brief description of your nation (culture, society, spirituality, politics, climate, geography, etc.) A rather lush, and very mountainous nation, formed originally of a criminal band turned national rulers. Open society, fair laws,yet with a high and active police presence. Rated 7th highest in the world (IRL World) for Human Development Index in 2019.

8. Please give us some roleplaying links (Please provide at least two individual posts from NS):
Navy Day RP
Thus Saith the Lord RP
I cant really pick any two posts from these, as both of them have lots for me to be proud of RP wise, and lots that I learned in the time from then to now. I guess this RP post might showcase my style ok enough. All of this is from my main nation so you know.

1. Tell us more about yourself, the player behind the nation, to help in the selection process. (Without revealing too much personal information that would jeopardize your security.) Long time NS player, love of history. I enjoy character RPs, and I view NS as half hobby, half skill sharpener for my writing. Long posts and lots of dialog is my style.

a. Are you new to NS or a vet player? Vet, almost 6 years experience over 5 main and countless smaller nations

b. Are you returning to NS with another account? Kafair is my main, but I will be using this one for RPing in this region.

c. Do you already know someone in the region? Nope.

2. Have you ever applied to Teremara before, and if so, when and with which NS account? Nope.

3. a. Do you have multiple accounts (puppets) and what are they? As stated before, this is a puppet of Kafair, along with New Kafair

b. Which one is your primary account that you use most often? Kafair

4. a. Is there any drama, OOC conflict or issues that occurred in a previous region that involved you? Please be specific. (If you would like to keep this answer private, please TG the founder and simply write 'Telegrammed' here. Lots of drama on my main involving the CCD, whistleblowers, and being ejected/banned for whistleblowing with four others on their activities and exposing them, then spurring a mass migration of Rpers to a new region. So basically yes.

b. If you were in another RP region, why did you decide to leave? Left CCD due to info I gained on them and seeing them as being fascist (Which they are)

[x] Diplomacy
[ ] NS Sports
[x] Character RPs
[ ] Exploration
[\] Large scale War and conflict (II), (half this)
[ ] Factbooks and iiwiki

6. a. What tech do you normally RP in? i.e. MT, PMT, FT, PT: PMT
(Please narrow down to within a century for PT and FT. Also, please be aware that it’s okay if you like to RP fantasy tech elsewhere, but we’re a mostly MT, realist region and when working within our canon and regional RPs, we expect realism in relation to this region.)

b. Are you willing to RP in other techs? Of course, depending on the RP

7. What are the goals you would like to accomplish in Teremara and what do you hope to get out of your experience here from us, the current members? Getting good RPs and meeting good people

8. Are there any other helpful things you would like to share about yourself, NS related or not? Dont think so, no
Last edited by Greater Kafair on Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:01 pm

Due to nonresponse during review, this application was rejected.
Last edited by Teremara Caretaker on Tue May 26, 2020 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:58 am

We are still looking at recruiting more members. Check out our region page, then TG me with questions or for a regional Discord server invite.

A brief overview:

1. We are a MT/PMT, somewhat realistic, human based region. We do dabble in some PT RP. We may be open to some FT RP, but that's a long ways off. We have some ongoing RPs open for new members of the region.

2. We have a unique map that currently consists of two continents. (They are on separate maps, but in the process of being stitched together.)

3. We are creating lots of canon. We are working on timelines and wiki articles.

4. We do participate in some NS wide events such as the NS Olympics and also some of the special events like N-Day. None of which are mandatory for regional members.

5. Yes, quite a few of us have been on NS for some time, but you don't have to be a seasoned veteran to join our region. You do need to be willing to take advice and grow with us.

6. We do have a bit of an application process as you might see in the OP of this thread, but we are happy to talk you through it and answer any questions through TG, or on our Discord server.
We hope to talk to you soon.

Port Edwinn
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Edwinn » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:23 pm

1. What is the official name of your nation? The Republic of Port Edwinn

2. What type of government currently runs your nation? Single-Party Dictatorship

3. Your Head of Government: President Valentin Moret

4. Your Head of State: President Valentin Moret

5. What is your national population? (We will not accept a population larger than 150 million without discussion) 87,940

6. What type of economy operates your nation? The economy of Port Edwinn is small and fragile with the economy nearly exclusively relying on fishing. The vast majority of the populous are either involved with the process of capturing whitefish or working in one of the flash freezing shops that processes the fish for exportation. The republic is also home to the Blair Fish Market, a large open air market that is well known for its collection of unusual seafood items and obscure species. However, the fragile economy has led some critics calling Port Edwinn a Banana republic. Recently, President Valentin has called for a "diversification" of the economy but with limited resources to work with the options are few.

7. Give us a brief description of your nation (culture, society, spirituality, politics, climate, geography, etc.)

The Republic of Port Edwinn is a nearly forgettable city-state with just a population of around 87,940 living within its borders. The nation runs along a rocky coast. While the territory of the republic mostly hugs the coast, a few areas dive further inland to buffer the main city and its neighbors. The climate of Port Edwinn is similar to that of the Meditteranean with dry summers and mild winters. Along with its main area on the coast, the republic also claims the Dentado Isles (three tiny islands three miles south of the coastline) and (perhaps more disputed) the Santa Anna Islands 140 miles to the northwest of the country. The Santa Anna’s are a group of seven small islands in which the republic lays claim to four of them.

Due to its size and limited land resources, the country survives on the whitefish trade with fishing boats always in its port and waters. Because of this model, the country is fiercely territorial about its waters. The government insists that the exclusive economic zone is 200 miles from its coastline and 200 miles around the Santa Anna Islands. Port Edwinn enforces these rights by investing heavily in its Navy (as much as a country its size can) to patrol the waters and arrest any fishermen violating its economic zone. This can be from fishing out of season to not having the right permits, whatever the case huge fines are sure to follow. The Naval forces are notorious for arresting foreign nationals and imprisoning crews until the large fines are paid. This issue has brought the republic some scrutiny from the international community but the practice continues.

While the country is officially called a republic the city-state is far from this. Port Edwinn is run by one party known as the Grand Port Edwinndian Party (GPEP) or sometimes called the “Grandies” by locals. This nationalist party has been in control since the mid-1930s with the Moret family being the head of the GPEP. While “elections” do take place every five years the opposition is minimal and the Morets have won with crushing numbers each time.

The current president of the Port Edwinn is Valentin Moret, the fourth Moret in the position and has ruled the country since 2015. Valentin has been characterized as being a feverish patriot and has pushed for more national pride. This includes the formation of national sports teams, expanding the military, and promoting the history of Port Edwinn with investments in teaching and museums. Surprisingly, Valentin has not cracked down on any dissension but instead hopes that the increase in national pride will stomp out any internal threats (which has worked so far). In addition, the president has pushed for a more aggressive stance towards other nations especially when it comes to fishing rights within its “established” economic zone.

8. Please give us some roleplaying links (Please provide at least two individual posts from NS): I don't really have any but please know I can successfully RP!

I have always been a fan of traveling and learning about new cultures. I guess that has developed into daydreams of creating my own culture and stories. I stumbled on NS and meant to become very active on the site but life gets in the way. I am now like many people in a state of complete boredom and remembered this account so here I am actually ready to become active and really dive deep into RPs.

a. Are you new to NS or a vet player? I guess I am still pretty new after a very long hiatus from NS.

b. Are you returning to NS with another account? No

c. Do you already know someone in the region? No

2. Have you ever applied to Teremara before, and if so, when and with which NS account? This is my first time applying

3. a. Do you have multiple accounts (puppets) and what are they? I do not have any.

b. Which one is your primary account that you use most often? Port Edwinn

4. a. Is there any drama, OOC conflict, or issues that occurred in a previous region that involved you? Please be specific. (If you would like to keep this answer private, please TG the founder and simply write 'Telegrammed' here.

I cannot say I have had any sort of drama on NS.

I have never joined a region that was not a default one.
[X ] Economics and trade (GE&T)
[X ] Diplomacy
[X ] NS Sports
[X ] Character RPs
[ X] Exploration
[ X] Large scale War and conflict (II),
[X ] Factbooks and iiwiki

(Please narrow down to within a century for PT and FT. Also, please be aware that it’s okay if you like to RP fantasy tech elsewhere, but we’re a mostly MT, realist region, and when working within our canon and regional RPs, we expect realism in relation to this region.)

MT

b. Are you willing to RP in other techs? I would rather stick with MT or slight PMT/PT as a preference.

7. What are the goals you would like to accomplish in Teremara and what do you hope to get out of your experience here from us, the current members?

I think it would be genuinely fun to join an MT region with RPs and an active community. Also, I think it would be fun to build up a nation with good lore and have interactions with neighboring states in all matters. Finally, I think it would be a great way to sharpen my writing skills in a matter that is not such a dulling experience like writing essays.

8. Are there any other helpful things you would like to share about yourself, NS related, or not?

I cannot think of any!
Fishing

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:45 am

Port Edwinn has been accepted!
Last edited by Teremara Caretaker on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:02 am

We are still looking at recruiting more members. Check out our region page, then TG me with questions or for a regional Discord server invite.

A brief overview:

1. We are a MT/PMT, somewhat realistic, human based region. We do dabble in some PT RP. We may be open to some FT RP, but that's a long ways off. We have some ongoing RPs open for new members of the region.

2. We have a unique map that currently consists of two continents. (They are on separate maps, but in the process of being stitched together.)

3. We are creating lots of canon. We are working on timelines and wiki articles. We are planning future RPs.

4. We do participate in some NS wide events such as the NS Winter and Summer Olympics and also some of the special events like N-Day. None of which are mandatory for regional members. Many of our members have interests outside the region in other aspects of NS and we encourage that if someone has the time.

5. Yes, quite a few of us have been on NS for some time, but you don't have to be a seasoned veteran to join our region. You do need to be willing to take advice and grow with us. We are not interested in those who insist on putting little thought into their posts.

6. We do have a bit of an application process as you might see in the OP of this thread, but we are happy to talk you through it and answer any questions through TG, or on our Discord server. So please don't feel overwhelmed.
We hope to talk to you soon.

Osatana
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Osatana » Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:30 am

The National Revolutionary State of Osatana

2. What type of government currently runs your nation?
Totalitarian Dictatorship

3. Your Head of State:
Taoiseach Colm Kilduff

5. What is your national population? (We will not accept a population larger than 150 million without discussion)
12 Million

A socialist market economy, key industries are nationalised while private industry exists under the regulation and direction of the government.

Osatana is a primarily agrarian society with the majority of its GDP built off fishing and export of crops, both cash and foodstuff abroad. For most of its history, the state of Osatana was controlled by an absolute monarchy which came to a close following the murder of the royal family when a mob stormed their palace. Since the country has experienced a civil war in the power vacuum and subsequent turmoil after a series of coups, purges and states of anarchy a new government has emerged through the National Revolutionary Party.

Colm Kilduff, leader of the party has since secured near-absolute control by purging his opposition and has been implementing his vision of ushering in a spiritual and economic renaissance to drag Osatana into the modern age by any means necessary. A series of five-year plans have been implemented to increasingly industrialize the nation and expand its infrastructure and wealth.
The damage of the civil war still marks most of the nation and the horrors of the years of crisis remain seared into the national consciousness, the economy is plagued from the disruption of conflict which saw tourism cease, investors flee and fields burn. Many foreign goods face high tariffs to protect the growing industries in Kilduff's vision.

Osatana's population is broadly spread however increasingly its coastal cities have begun to expand as impoverished farmers and unemployed workers migrate to enjoy the opportunities the seemingly endless public works projects offer. Despite the totalitarian nature of the government much of the rural countryside faces little direct oversight and is kept secure primarily off the popular support of its inhabitants that helped sweep the NRP into power.
The inhabitants of Osatana are primarily religious and hold traditional values, the recent conflict has left their national character best described as severe and grim with a fierce loyalty to local communities and family.

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=433921&p=33377056#p33377056
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=401984&p=31038834#p31038834

1. Tell us more about yourself, the player behind the nation, to help in the selection process.
I recently graduated from uni and I'm looking to get back into NS RP. I've always enjoyed regions and RPs grounded in alternative/custom world without the constraints of fitting to real-world politics or geography.

a. Are you new to NS or a vet player?
A veteran player though most of my RP was contained to the P2M rather than regional.

b. Are you returning to NS with another account?
I am rather than reactivate my previous nation "Greater Dmanian" for the umpteenth time I decided to start a new nation.

I do not.

I have not.

The only account I ever had (named above) has ceased to exist.

I've only recently come back to NS and I plan for this to be my sole and primary account.

4. a. Is there any drama, OOC conflict or issues that occurred in a previous region that involved you? Please be specific.
None that I'm aware of it has been 2 years. Though I make a habit of avoiding online drama if I can help it.

I don't remember the last RP region I was in but it would simply be because I was too busy to invest in NS RP.

[ ] Diplomacy
[ ] NS Sports
[x] Character RPs
[ ] Exploration
[x] Factbooks and iiwiki

Modern Technology

b. Are you willing to RP in other techs?
Yes, I enjoy roleplay in most traditional techs like post-modern and future.

7. What are the goals you would like to accomplish in Teremara and what do you hope to get out of your experience here from us, the current members?
Enjoy myself while controlling a fledgeling state. Teremara is the ideal as a region as it isn't extremely established where I'll be utterly irrelevant among hundreds of players.

8. Are there any other helpful things you would like to share about yourself, NS related or not?
Not that I can think of.
Last edited by Osatana on Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:10 am

Application has been accepted, pending some map and canon integration.
Thanks!
Last edited by Teremara Caretaker on Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:41 pm

A brief overview:

1. We are a MT/PMT, somewhat realistic, human based region. We do dabble in some PT RP. We may be open to some FT RP, but that's a long ways off right now. We have some ongoing RPs and new ones being planned that are open for new members of the region.

2. We have a unique map that currently consists of two continents. (They are on separate maps, but in the process of being stitched together.) We tend to prefer continental based nations over island nations unless there's a well thought out canonical reason for them.

3. We are creating lots of canon. We are working on timelines and wiki articles. We are planning future RPs.

4. We do participate in some NS wide events such as the NS Winter and Summer Olympics on NSS and also some of the special gameplay events like N-Day. None of which are mandatory for regional members. Many of our members have interests outside the region in other aspects of NS and we encourage that. If you have the time, you should work to become a well-rounded NS player.

5. Yes, quite a few of us have been on NS for some time, but you don't have to be a seasoned veteran to join our region. You do need to be able to work and grow with us. We are not interested in those who insist on putting little thought into their posts, nor collaborating much in general with the region.

6. We do have a bit of an application process as you might see in the OP of this thread, but we are happy to talk you through it and answer any questions through TG, or on our Discord server. So please don't feel overwhelmed by all that. Most of the reason for that is that we want players to take it seriously when they join our region, and not just take up a map spot and disappear.

We hope to talk to you soon. Questions are welcome.

Greater Orcadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Orcadia » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:11 am

United Kingdom of Greater Orcadia

2. What type of government currently runs your nation?
Constitutional Monarchy

3. Your Head of Government:
Sir Ian Mc.kellan

4. Your Head of State:
His Majesty King William V

Regulated free market capitalist economy

Officially Anglican religion though as a nation, Greater Orcadia's population is a mixed group of religions. Terrain is flat in the south, hilly in the Midlands and mountainous in the north with Islands off the coast to the north east. Temperate climate with a coastal influence means that winters are mild, summers can be wet.

As for the Economy, fishing is a key industry as is the development of nuclear power and solar energy.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=497129#p38221265

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=487779

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=459755

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=486948&p=37257162&hilit=Meridian#p37257162

1. Tell us more about yourself, the player behind the nation, to help in the selection process. (Without revealing too much personal information that would jeopardize your security.) I have an interest in transport, logistics and Aviation, and work as a day work truck driver which gave me time to think over nation plans, with RP experience being old fashioned table top RPs. I used to play CP2020 and currently play Top Secret S/I thought Covid is getting in the way.

a. Are you new to NS or a vet player? I have been on NS with my other nation "Aurora Confederacy" for several years.

b. Are you returning to NS with another account? yes, I created this nation to run alongside my main nation
Which is the Aurora Confederacy.

c. Do you already know someone in the region? Neu Engollon

2. Have you ever applied to Teremara before, and if so, when and with which NS account? No

Yes,
Mercantile Federal Republic of the Aurora Confederacy
The Aurora Confederacy state of The khayr var region
Ross Bay

Currently the United Kingdom of Greater Orcadia although I see AC as my main nation as that got me into NS.

4. a. Is there any drama, OOC conflict or issues that occurred in a previous region that involved you? Please be specific. (If you would like to keep this answer private, please TG the founder and simply write 'Telegrammed' here. No

b. If you were in another RP region, why did you decide to leave? I have chosen to move to Teremara after Neu Engollon mentioned it.

[ x] Economics and trade (GE&T)
[ ] Diplomacy
[ ] NS Sports
[X ] Character RPs
[ ] Exploration
[ ] Large scale War and conflict (II),
[ ] Factbooks and iiwiki

MT currently year

b. Are you willing to RP in other techs? Depends on the theme

My goals are to settle in and try to make trade connections in the region. (My real life take on the uk partly inspired the nation, and finding a good region will help me make a good Factbooks.

8. Are there any other helpful things you would like to share about yourself, NS related or not?
I frequently play the computer game ETS2 and AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR, I am also a game Moderator on TMP
Last edited by Greater Orcadia on Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
Greater Orcadia is played by the same person behind the Aurora Confederacy and is a Modern Tech nation

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:28 am

Thanks for the application! We have this under review and will get back to you shortly.

Greater Orcadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Orcadia » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:29 am

Thank you
Greater Orcadia is played by the same person behind the Aurora Confederacy and is a Modern Tech nation

Greater Orcadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Orcadia » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:04 am

The details in my signature can be changed to suit my map location.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:55 pm

Greater Orcadia wrote:The details in my signature can be changed to suit my map location.

We'll figure that out. Welcome aboard!

Greater Orcadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Democratic Socialists

Postby Greater Orcadia » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:57 pm

Thank you sir :-)

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:11 pm

A brief overview:

1. We are a MT/PMT, somewhat realistic, human based region. We do dabble in some PT RP. We may be open to some FT RP, but that's a long ways off right now. We have some ongoing RPs and new ones being planned that are open for new members of the region.

2. We have a unique map that currently consists of two continents. (They are on separate maps, but in the process of being stitched together.) We tend to prefer continental based nations over island nations unless there's a well thought out canonical reason for them.

4. We do participate in some NS wide events such as the NS Winter and Summer Olympics on NSS and also some of the special gameplay events like N-Day. None of which are mandatory for regional members. Many of our members have interests outside the region in other aspects of NS and we encourage that. If you have the time, you should work to become a well-rounded NS player.

5. Yes, quite a few of us have been on NS for some time, but you don't have to be a seasoned veteran to join our region. You do need to be able to work and grow with us. We are not interested in those who insist on putting little thought into their posts, nor collaborating much in general with the region.

6. We do have a bit of an application process as you might see in the OP of this thread, but we are happy to talk you through it and answer any questions through TG, or on our Discord server. So please don't feel overwhelmed by all that. Most of the reason for that is that we want players to take it seriously when they join our region, and not just take up a map spot and disappear.

Shourhiel
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Shourhiel » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:39 pm

1. What is the official name of your nation? The Commonwealth of Shourhiel

2. What type of government currently runs your nation? Federal parliamentary constitutional monarchy. A Social democratic party is currently in power.

3. Your Head of Government:Prime Minister Neville Holman

4. Your Head of State: Queen Diantha

5. What is your national population? 113,910,310

6. What type of economy operates your nation?Mixed economy.

7. Give us a brief description of your nation (culture, society, spirituality, politics, climate, geography, etc.) A commonwealth (federation) of Electorates (states) that each have their own leader. They form Shourhiel. The people democratically elect senators and representatives to the senate and the House of Representatives in both a Electorate level and a federal level. The culture is Australian inspired and the ethnicity is made up of the Shourhielians and other natives but it otherwise humongous. The nation is Atheistic but there is still a decently large religious following.

8. Please give us some roleplaying links (Please provide at least two individual posts from NS): The various posts here made by my main Kaiserrealm. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=492881

1. Tell us more about yourself, the player behind the nation, to help in the selection process. (Without revealing too much personal information that would jeopardize your security.) An Australian on the west coast. I do sailing as a sport sometimes. I'm interested in politics and RP so I enjoy taking time to develop my nations on NationState. I'm also interested in strategy and a wide genre of games and so I play various games like Crusader Kings, Zelda etc.

a. Are you new to NS or a vet player? Vet player.

b. Are you returning to NS with another account? Not returning.

c. Do you already know someone in the region? No.

2. Have you ever applied to Teremara before, and if so, when and with which NS account? No.

3. a. Do you have multiple accounts (puppets) and what are they? Kaiserrealm
b. Which one is your primary account that you use most often? Kaiserrealm

4. a. Is there any drama, OOC conflict or issues that occurred in a previous region that involved you? Please be specific. (If you would like to keep this answer private, please TG the founder and simply write 'Telegrammed' here. No.

b. If you were in another RP region, why did you decide to leave? Haven't left anything.

[ ] Diplomacy
[ ] NS Sports
[1st] Character RPs
[ ] Exploration
[ 3rd] Large scale War and conflict (II),
[ 2nd] Factbooks and iiwiki

(Please narrow down to within a century for PT and FT. Also, please be aware that it’s okay if you like to RP fantasy tech elsewhere, but we’re a mostly MT, realist region and when working within our canon and regional RPs, we expect realism in relation to this region.) PMT.

b. Are you willing to RP in other techs? Yes.

7. What are the goals you would like to accomplish in Teremara and what do you hope to get out of your experience here from us, the current members? To have a enjoyable experience RPing, writing factbooks and other things that develop Shourhiel into democracy that's pleasant to learn about. I hope to enjoy discussing IC and OOC matters with the community on the discord.

8. Are there any other helpful things you would like to share about yourself, NS related or not?Nope.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:20 pm

Nope.
Last edited by Teremara Caretaker on Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teremara Caretaker
Spokesperson

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Teremara Caretaker » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:33 am

A brief overview:

1. We are a MT/PMT, somewhat realistic, human based region. We do dabble in some PT RP. We have some ongoing RPs and a new one that are open for new members of the region. Check out Cruise Lake Agloza, our latest regional based RP, which is also open to other RPers outside the region.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information