NATION

PASSWORD

TURTLESHROOM LEGATION QUARTER REGISTRATION [OPEN TO ALL]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:55 am

Medwedian Democratic Federation wrote:OOC: The Medwedian troops will bring tactical nuclear grenades with them and not hesitate to use them if the situation gets tricky or a large herd of ponies is detected. It is possible that the local torch-and-pitchfork militias will get some of them. The grenades used by the Medwedian army are comparable with the Davy Crockett.

Also, what do you think of the establishment of a Medwedian puppet state by the anti-ponyist militias?

OOC: This is excessive and unnecessary.

If this RP happens - and I am unsure it will - I am willing to provide you OOC advice on how to sabotage things using conventional charges and do damage. Let us not do nuke things, please.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:56 am

Medwedian Democratic Federation wrote:OOC: The Medwedian troops will bring tactical nuclear grenades with them and not hesitate to use them if the situation gets tricky or a large herd of ponies is detected. It is possible that the local torch-and-pitchfork militias will get some of them. The grenades used by the Medwedian army are comparable with the Davy Crockett.

If you bring nukes into TS, even miniature tactical ones, much less use them, you won't have to deal with Menelmacar or the C'Tan, because it will be TurtleShroom that's trying to kill you. (Well, it would be to the extent they can do during a massive Civil War. TS takes her sovereignty very seriously.)

Medwedian Democratic Federation wrote:Also, what do you think of the establishment of a Medwedian puppet state by the anti-ponyist militias?

{ OOC: Partnering with the Zim Belt rebels, who hate the TS state as much as they hate ponies, to help them break away or resist the Necron Death Squads, would be immensely welcomed by them but cause outrage in TurtleShroom. I like this idea a lot, because it would introduce further chaos during the Civil War. }

{ OOC: Feel free to do it, but understand that you will be doing so without TurtleShroom's permission or consent, which means, eventually, you'll be exterminated. It also means that the Menelmacari and Necron forces will discover your attack. You'll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you when you do that. Heck, you might even get your A kicked in a war thread of your own, if you consent to losing and binding yourself to a treaty. }
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

The Ctan
Minister

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:08 pm

OOC: Well I'm up for it.
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Medwedian Democratic Federation
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Medwedian Democratic Federation » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:58 am

OOC: I am willing for this to develop into an all-out war at a later point, yes. I think that Medwedia will have some allies, too - and also, it's not like Medwedia is a weak nation, with a nuclear arsenal ten times bigger than the combined arsenals of the USSR and America in 1985. Shall we make a thread in II?

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:48 am

Medwedian Democratic Federation wrote:OOC: I am willing for this to develop into an all-out war at a later point, yes. I think that Medwedia will have some allies, too - and also, it's not like Medwedia is a weak nation, with a nuclear arsenal ten times bigger than the combined arsenals of the USSR and America in 1985. Shall we make a thread in II?

OOC: I am alright with this if we all avoid atomic warfare.

I on my part promise to avoid any occupation of Medwedia, or any attempts to occupy the nation or alter it in a significant way should it lose the war.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

The Scourge of Dysisa
Secretary

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scourge of Dysisa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:18 am

OOC: I feel like I should get vaguely involved somehow.

Also, what do you think of the establishment of a Medwedian puppet state by the anti-ponyist militias?

I suspect TS would not appreciate you using finger nukes in any serious capacity given his desire to um, not get smacked around again by the C'tan here. Aside from that use of nuclear weapon rapidly devolves things into unfun territory and I don't think you want to engage in a nuclear war with Allanea and especially not Menelmacar or C'tan in any meaningful way, I doubt the end result is gonna be pretty.
Last edited by The Scourge of Dysisa on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Scourge of Dysisa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scourge of Dysisa » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:36 am

An official message from The Dysisan Empire to Turtleshroom

We apologize for the delayed response, but I'm afraid you've unfortunately sent the message incorrectly. There is no Dysisan 'Emperor' nor Imperial Court, nor will there ever be most likely. Dysisa is not built upon crowns or nobility, nor is there an established aristocracy of sorts that could be compared to a nobility in the current Imperial government. Onto the more important matter at hand; while we thank you for your suggestion to place our Legate in what is effectively a tiny room with a hazmat dressing on it, ultimately we are afraid to inform you that recent studies have shown our desired gas composition is quite hazardous and corrosive even to these elements, and would almost certainly cause a containment breach and subsequent unfortunate effects such as severe burns, asthma, death, and mild nausea should the gas escape the quarantined area. We would much rather you pursue our own plan, since our own established building would be much better suited towards successful containment of this dangerous substance.

Signed, Vils Eros
May She Watch Over Us
Last edited by The Scourge of Dysisa on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Menelmacar
Retired Moderator

Founded: Dec 18, 2002
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Menelmacar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:46 am

Medwedian Democratic Federation wrote:OOC: I am willing for this to develop into an all-out war at a later point, yes. I think that Medwedia will have some allies, too - and also, it's not like Medwedia is a weak nation, with a nuclear arsenal ten times bigger than the combined arsenals of the USSR and America in 1985. Shall we make a thread in II?

OOC: I'm up for it.

And yeah, going nuclear is a terrible idea in this case. It's no fun for anyone and the IC strategic calculus in that event is not on your side. Unlike the others, mind you, I'm not dead set against an attempt at a nuclear exchange, but do be warned that the gloves really come off at that point.

In the event that the war against Medwedia is won I can't really promise there won't be significant alterations -- wars tend to do that, look at Dresden in 1945 vs 1939 ;) -- but if you don't want an occupation I'm okay with that.
Last edited by Menelmacar on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The elves will do what is right, not what is on paper." ~Sunset
"We can't go around supporting The Good Of All Things. People might mistake us for Menelmacar." ~Education Minister Lobon of Kn-Yan
"Do you realize you're trying to sell resources to Menelmafuckingcar? Their resource base is larger than Melkor's ego." ~Advisor Julius Razak, Foot-to-Ass Section, Scolopendra
"I started on NS at a time when elf genocides were daily occurrences from week old nations wanting to get ortilleried by Menelmacar." ~Resurgent Dream
"Nothing here but rich-ass elves. Just...running the world. And shopping." ~Officer Daryl Ward, LAPD

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Medwedian Democratic Federation » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:24 am

Allanea wrote:OOC: I am alright with this if we all avoid atomic warfare.

I on my part promise to avoid any occupation of Medwedia, or any attempts to occupy the nation or alter it in a significant way should it lose the war.

Okay. But we should start the initial conflict, e.g. Medwedian forces creating a puppet state, first.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Medwedian Democratic Federation » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:29 am

BTW: My discord is MedwedianPresident#5020

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Medwedian Democratic Federation » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:40 am

What is TS's discord?

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:08 am

KINGDOM OF THE UNITED TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM
EXECUTIVE CABINET
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
TURTLESHROOMIAN STATE DIPLOMATIC CORPS
DEAN

TO WHATEVER ESTEEMED AND NOBLE ENTITY THAT IS IN CHARGE OF THE DYSISAN "EMPIRE", AND TO ANY APPLICABLE "ROYAL" MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OR EQUIVALENT:

Your concerns have been noted. Before we commit to allowing you to establish your own means of containment and protection in the space and sizes we previously mentioned, we would like to observe and test the corrosive elements that your esteemed Legate candidate and your peoples breathe.

In addition to allowing us to determine for ourselves whether or not our hazmat protocols can contain something that noxious and toxic to TurtleShroomers, it will provide an incredible oppurtunity for our scientists to analyze alen gasses and composites. We would be humbled if the honored Dysisan government would allow us to perform these tests before we commit to the Dysisan state erecting a hazmat container for the honored Legate's comfort.

Thank you.
-DEAN OF THE TURTLESHROOMIAN STATE DIPLOMATIC CORPS, IN REPRESENTATION OF THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE KINGDOM OF TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

The Scourge of Dysisa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scourge of Dysisa » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:47 am

Unfortunately, I'm afraid I cannot give you the aforementioned corrosive element. It would be terribly irresponsible to trust a technologically inferior society such as yourself with such a dangerous substance, especially one that can easily spread without the necessary precautions or be repurposed into a weapon of war by the less sane, not that we believe you to be less than sane, of course. The fact of the matter is that a corrosive, metal eating substance which can quickly induce poisoning in most carbon based lifeforms, and occasional third degree burns is clearly not meant for your kind to handle in any meaningful way for the next few centuries. We're also not exactly in a position to give you a demonstration, given the composition of our vessel's atmosphere would instantly cause horrific scarring, burns, and gender dysphoria among any turtle or human you send (The less said about what would happen to your... sentient Mushrooms, the better)

The only meaningfully safe way for us to contain this substance is if we build something precisely to our own specifications within TS. Anything less would be dangerously irresponsible at the absolute least, and likely to lead to millions dead.

Signed, Vils Eros
May She Watch Over Us

P.S. We don't have any 'royal' ministries, you overestimate the presense of what your kind would consider monarchism in the Empire.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 am

EXECUTIVE CABINET
DEAN

TO WHATEVER ESTEEMED AND NOBLE ENTITY THAT IS IN CHARGE OF THE DYSISAN "EMPIRE", AND TO ANY APPLICABLE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OR REMOTE EQUIVALENT:

Although we are extremely disappointed to be unable to observe or study the corrosive gasses of your home world's atmosphere, we understand the situation. Your request to erect your own structure has been granted. TurtleShroom will grant you permission to erect your own hazmat containment unit in the Dry Dry Desert using any design you deem essential to the survival of your Legate, on an acre of land in a location we specify. This will be done entirely at your expense, and will be asked to pay a monthly sum to TurtleShroom for compensation of the erection of a structure full of hazardous toxins on TurtleShroomian soil.

TurtleShroom will, as part of its obligation, supply the honored Legate with food and water, if his body can metabolize and digest TurtleShroomian foodstuff, and assuming any food can survive in the toxic atmosphere. We hope the water will be fine. All forms of life need water, right?

We humbly ask that, upon completion of the structure, that our scientists be granted access to it if you are so gracious as to provide spacesuits that make observation safe. Developing spacesuits that are safe enough for entry into the Dysisan hazmat unit would be an immeasurable boon to TurtleShroomian spaceflight.

May God bless your great nation. The fact that life is sustained in an atmosphere that is so toxic to TurtleShroomers is truly yet another marvel demonstrating the glories of God. May your nation prosper and succeed in all activities she partakes in.

Thank you.
-DEAN OF THE TURTLESHROOMIAN STATE DIPLOMATIC CORPS, IN REPRESENTATION OF THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE KINGDOM OF TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM

P.S.: Do any bodily wastes excreted from a Dysisan necessitate hazmat protocols? If so, are they innate dangers to all lifeforms on this planet, like the atmosphere is? Unless it is a danger on the scale of your planet's atmosphere, we request that we be allowed access to your race's fecal matter for the purpose of weaponization and possible resource extraction.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

The Scourge of Dysisa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scourge of Dysisa » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 am

You seek to isolate us in a specific zone, make us pay extra, and then have the gall to ask us to custom tailor equipment and send you our... fecal matter? You are quite the shrewd guest, and I'm afraid your latter two requests will not be met in any significant manner unless we're either allowed to place our structure wherever we please, or are rendered free from this absurd monthly fee, though both would be quite preferable if you truly wish to have our undivided attention. Dysisan containment protocols and structural integrity are such that the possibility of a significant amount of atmospheric leakage from the vessel to the outside are practically rounding errors, so you need not worry about any petty issues such as the possibility of containment failing, we're far more competent at containing this situations than you will ever hope to be.

Once you've come to your senses on the matter, be warned that it will take time to create a suitable suit tailored to your needs, and it will most certainly not be cheap. We can estimate the price if you wish for now, but I'd rather spare you the details of that for now.

As for the, ahem, fecal matter situation; I suppose we can send you samples for you to test, our own research has shown that it can be quite dangerous, lethally so, to non-Dysisans when exposed to the material, but we expect payments of 1,000,000 NSD per pound, given we prefer to dispose of it as definitively as possible precisely to avoid most other states from getting their hands on it as a matter of security.

Indeed, let me sweeten the deal, as they say in some Earth cultures. Purchase at least 50 pounds, and the Dysisan Empire will reward you with a FLE-19D BattleMech, something that I'm certain you would appreciate in these trying times.

I do hope you'll reconsider your prior your prior statements as a result of our generous offer. And if you don't, well, we could always offer the same deal to another political entity such as Hiluxia or Homofront I suppose

Signed, Vils Eros
May She Watch Over Us

OOC: Argh I hate editing on phones
Last edited by The Scourge of Dysisa on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:19 am

EXECUTIVE CABINET
DEAN

TO WHATEVER ESTEEMED AND NOBLE ENTITY THAT IS IN CHARGE OF THE DYSISAN "EMPIRE", AND TO ANY APPLICABLE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OR REMOTE EQUIVALENT:

Your request to waive the monthly fees, in respect to the demonstration of your technological competence and the safety of your advanced engineering, is reasonable and has been granted.

Concerning your fecal matter, we deem it reasonable to charge us for it and take no offense to such a common sense request. However, we request that the price be lowered from one billion to ten million Americalandese dollars/Nationstates Dollars per pound. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Workers SFSR
Attaché

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Workers SFSR » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Official Communique of the Soviet Republic
Workers of the World, Unite!

To whoever it may concern,

The People's Commissariat for Foreign Relations has been authorized by the Office of the Commissar-General and the Central Executive Committee of the Republic to negotiate the establishment of a Soviet embassy in TurtleShroom.

Attached below is the application form.

PART I: BASIC INFORMATION

FULL COUNTRY NAME: The Workers' Soviet Federative Socialist Republic

GOVERNMENT TYPE/DESCRIPTION: Marxist-Leninist Soviet Republic
IS YOUR NATION A MARXIST STATE OR NAZI/NATIONAL SOCIALIST STATE? (Y/N) – Yes

LEGATE’S NAME: Baldugiin Tenjin

LEGATE’S SPECIES: Human

LEGATE’S GENDER: Male

AGE OF LEGATE: 45

DESCRIPTION OF LEGATE***: Baldugiin Tenjin hails from the far-eastern territories of the Soviet Republic. 6'0. Dark hair and eyes. Tan, wind-worn Asian complexion characteristic of his once-nomadic people. Powerful build. Loyal Communist.

BIOGRAPHY OF LEGATE: Baldugiin Tenjin was born in the Soviet Far-Eastern territories in a family of communal farmers. He served in the Workers' and Peasants' Red Army, and after returning to civilian life studied International Relations and Geopolitical Economics at university while campaigning as a representative for his local Soviet. His expertise eventually landed him a job as an analyst for one of People's Commissariat for Foreign Affairs' sub-bureaus. He's since had a long and distinguished career as a diplomat and foreign relations expert.

PART II: SPECIFICS OF LEGATE

LEGATE’S RELIGION (include both religion and sect if applicable, e.g. “Russian Orthodox Christian”, etc.) None.

LEGATE’S POLITICAL AFFILIATION: Communist Party.

LEGATE’S MARITAL STATUS: Not married.

LEGATE’S CRIMINAL RECORD: None.

HEIGHT OF LEGATE: 6'0

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY NON-MAGICAL/INNATE/PSYCHIC POWERS? – No.
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? ARE THEY EXTRAORDINARY FOR HIS SPECIES? (Y/N) – N/A

HAS YOUR LEGATE EVER DIVORCED? (Y/N) – No.
IF SO, ON WHAT GROUNDS? – N/A

BEFORE HIS ASSIGNMENT, WAS YOUR LEGATE IN A COHABITATIONAL LIVING ARRANGEMENT WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX OF HIS SPECIES? (Y/N) - While we do not officially keep record of data like this, Comrade Tenjin confirms that he has had a few relationships throughout his life, some of which may have had him co-habitating with a woman for some time.

IS YOUR LEGATE AN ORDAINED CLERGYMAN OF HIS FAITH?****** (Y/N) – No.

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE A MILITARY BACKGROUND OR EXPERIENCE? (Y/N) – Yes. He has served in the Red Army and has a rank of Squad Leader (Lieutenant equivalent)

HAS YOUR LEGATE EVER BEEN INVOLVED IN ESPIONAGE, FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC? (Y/N) – No.

IS YOUR LEGATE A NOBLEMAN/OF NOBLE BLOOD/HOLDING A TITLE OF NOBILITY? (Y/N)******* – No.

PART III: LEGATION ACCOMPYNAMENT AND ADD-ONS

PERSONAL WEAPONS OF LEGATE, FAMILY, AND STAFF****: The Ambassador and all civilian staff will be armed with MP-443 Grach 9x19mm pistols. Guard staff will be armed with MP-443 Grach pistols, AKS-74U assault rifles, rubber batons and non-lethal grenades.

LEGATE’S TRANSPORTATION (optional): An armored sedan and a helicopter.

LEGATE’S FAMILY BEING BROUGHT IN (list each with short description and relation) N/A

LEGATE’S STAFF (list each, with reason for presence):
  • Nagase Nanako, secretary
  • Kommunera Marksovna Antonova, political commissar
  • Industrian Kominternovich Ivanov, security officer (+ 4 armed guards)
  • Salam Gairbekov, general practicioner (+ nurse)

LEGATE SPECIAL NEEDS AND ACCOMODATIONS

DOES YOUR LEGATE TOLERATE THE PRESENCE OF NON-HUMANS, OR IS HE WILLING TO DO SO? (Y/N) – Yes.

IS YOUR LEGATE NOW, OR HAS HE EVER BEEN, A DRUNKARD, CONSUMER OF ALCOHOL, OR ADDICT TO ANY RECREATIONAL/NON-PHARMACEUTICAL DRUG ASIDE FROM TOBACCO?***** (Y/N) – Comrade Tenjin has been known to consume strong spirits on occasion however he is not a habitual drinker and can refrain from consuming alcohol. He is however a smoker, preferring Soviet-brand cigarettes which he will be supplied with. He will refrain from smoking tobacco outside of the embassy compound or sharing it with anyone.

DOES YOUR LEGATE NEED CUSTOM/SPECIAL/ADAPTED PLUMBING? (Y/N) – N
IF SO, WHAT IS IT: N/A

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS? (Y/N) – N
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? – N/A

IS YOUR LEGATE OF SOUND MIND? (Y/N) - Yes.

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY PHSYCIAL HANDICAPS NECCESITATING ACCESSIBILITY? (Y/N) – No.
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? – N/A

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY ALLERGIES? (Y/N) – No.

IS YOUR LEGATE CAPABLE OF USING A TELEPHONE, FAX MACHINE, OR COMPUTER? (Y/N) – Yes.

THE CAPITAL OF TURTLESHROOM IS JONESBORO, WHICH IS IN A JUNGLE. CAN YOUR LEGATE WITHSTAND A TROPICAL RAINFOREST BIOME WITH A CLEARLY DEFINED, MONSOON WET/DRY SEASON CLIMATE? (Y/N) – Yes.

REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION

DOES YOUR LEGATE AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF DWELLING IN THE TURTLESHROOMIAN LEGATION QUARTER, INCLUDING SUBJECTION TO TURTLESHROOMIAN LAWS, EXTRATERRITORIALITY, AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO HIMSELF, HIS PROPERTY, AND OTHERS? (Y/N) – Yes.

ETC.

DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE TURTLESHROOMIAN DIPLOMATIC CORPS? - No.

DO YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL NOTES, CLARIFICATIONS, OR ALERTS YOU WISH TO ISSUE THE TURTLESHROOMIAN DIPLOMATIC CORPS? - No.

DO YOU WISH FOR TURTLESHROOM TO ESTABLISH A DIPLOMATIC PRESENCE IN YOUR NATION'S LEGATION QUARTERS/ETC.?- Yes. (No link, we can just assume it ICly)

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:16 am

https://archive.is/w1edq/1273326fb1a7177bab8c40592870bc7c1db10150.png
https://archive.is/ixcnZ/2c98cf559fe4b5 ... e8d53f.jpg

EXECUTIVE CABINET
DEAN

TO THE POLITBURO OR OTHER APPLICABLE ORGAN OF THE WORKERS' SOVIET FEDERATED SOCIALIS REPUBLIC CONCERNING FOREIGN RELATIONS
COMMISSAR:

In accordance with Legation bylaws, your honored candidate will be recognized as a Master instead of a Legate, due to your governmental stance. Masters enjoy most of the same privileges and immunities as Legates, though they may be subject to limited monitoring for the safety of the realm. Most instances of diplomatic immunity and all instances of immunity from prosecution, as well as protections of those seeking asylum in the Master's room on Legation Quarter grounds are still in effect.

Your candidate for Master has been ACCEPTED WITH CONDITIONS. In particular, the honored Master will not be permitted to enter TurtleShroom for the duration of the Civil War. This is for the honored Master's safety, as neither the Chancellery Guard nor any personal armed detachment of men from your nation can guarantee the safety of an open, professed Marxist in a nation where Marxism is being systematically purged by blood and iron.

At the conclusion of the Civil War, God willing, we will allow the honored Master to serve in his full capacity. A room will be reserved for him until such time. Until then, a telephone line will be installed at the Legation Quarter for Worker Soviets to call the Legate. We apologize for this inconvenience, but the furor of TurtleShroomers in general are currently channeling into lynch mobs and military action. Marxists began a massive uprising in TurtleShroom in 2015 AD, which have only worsened as various factions vie to overtake TurtleShroom entirely.

TurtleShroomian acceptance of Marxist states is generally a controversial action and, due to the risk of subterfuge or anti-capitalist procedures a Master could possibly perform with his privileges and immunities. As such, your Master will not be permitted to bring his own security detachment. Instead, the default provision of the Chancellery Guard will guard the honored Master.

We apologize for the inconvenience of being unable to immediately welcome your candidate, but we hope that you will understand why it is simply not safe to harbor a foreign Marxist in the Legation Quarter, or anywhere in TurtleShroom, at this time. Upon the Master's entry into TurtleShroom, we hope to compensate- in the rendering of gratuitous food aid to his motherland -the Workers' Soviet state for the burden of holding onto a foreign ambassador for such extended periods.

May God bless you and your nation. We one day dream of a world where the people of the Soviet Republic may breathe free, with peace on Nationstates and goodwill towards men.

Thank you.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:14 am

OOC note: in case anyone believes that this is a gravedig, do note that I did ask beforehand, and with permission.

From the Desk of the Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Sunday, December 8, 2019 [08-12-2019]

To: Dean of the Turtleshroomian State Diplomatic Corps

Good morning,

On behalf of Astoria, I hereby submit to you an application for a place in your Legation Quarter.

However, we do have a few questions to ask the TSDC before we submit our application:

Code: Select all
[b]Does your nation use capital punishment? (please tick [✓] one)[/b] Yes [] No []
[b]If no, then when was the year of abolition?[/b] YEAR
[b]Date of last execution: (format - DD-MM-YYYY):[/b] DATE
[b]Date of most recent death sentence (format - DD-MM-YYYY):[/b] DATE
[b]Further explanation (optional):[/b] EXPLANATION

The reason as to why we ask the aforementioned questions is that we in the Department have a rule, in which Astoria only permits itself to commence diplomatic relations & construct embassies with nations that are eligible under the Capital Act of 1673: The following is an explanation of the Act, rendered from our embassy programme:

All nations that apply for an embassy in Astoria are mandated to adhere to the guidelines of the Capital Act of 1673, as detailed below:
  • This Act prohibits Astoria from trading or commencing diplomatic relations with nations that currently use capital punishment, and vice versa.
  • The use of the term 'nations that currently use capital punishment' applies to nations that have used capital punishment within the past 5 to 6 years.
  • However, there are exceptions to the rule: if no executions were carried out within a period of less than 5 to 6 years, there may be a chance that the prohibition of trading and diplomatic relations may be lifted - of course, this decision will be at the discretion of both the Prime Minister and the two houses of Parliament.

If it happens that a nation is considered ineligible by the Act, then Astoria will not seek to open diplomatic relations with them - or decide to redirect them to Masinia, a mostly-autonomous region of ours in the Indian Ocean.

There is also another point in which we wish to raise:

If the Legate is a Nekomimi, Kitsune, or other human/animal chimera, he shall be required to observe any applicable John Raven/segregationist laws in cities, and shall wear a veil over his animal ears and obscure his tail in long pants, robes, or skirts.

It has led us to ask: why is that, exactly? Please note that while we take issue with the rule, that should not be taken as an implication of non-compliance to said rule, or any others present.

That said, we still have an interest in applying, so if one looks below, you will find enclosed our application:

FULL COUNTRY NAME: [the] Federal Republic of Astoria

GOVERNMENT TYPE/DESCRIPTION: Federal parliamentary democracy
IS YOUR NATION A MARXIST STATE OR NAZI/NATIONAL SOCIALIST STATE? (Y/N) – N

LEGATE’S NAME: Rob Hitis

LEGATE’S SPECIES: Niryn

AGE OF LEGATE: 40 [June 19, 1979]

DESCRIPTION OF LEGATE***: Photo enclosed

BIOGRAPHY OF LEGATE: Born & raised in the large town of Birtas [Cardew, VIC] in 1979, he graduated from the University of Fort Kadan [Mitas, VIC] with two Masters degrees in International Relations and Political Studies in 2002

LEGATE’S RELIGION (include both religion and sect if applicable, e.g. “Russian Orthodox Christian”, etc.) Folk [atsqal - pronounced ats-chahl]

LEGATE’S POLITICAL AFFILIATION: None, but usually leans right-of-centre

LEGATE’S MARITAL STATUS: Single [ie unmarried]

LEGATE’S CRIMINAL RECORD: None - we make sure that all of our representatives have no prior criminal record

HEIGHT OF LEGATE: 173cm [5'7"]

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY NON-MAGICAL/INNATE/PSYCHIC POWERS? – No
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? ARE THEY EXTRAORDINARY FOR HIS SPECIES? (Y/N) – N/A | Legends tell of such having psychic powers [as shamans, and the like] - however, as of yet they have been more or less unfounded claims

HAS YOUR LEGATE EVER DIVORCED? (Y/N) – N

BEFORE HIS ASSIGNMENT, WAS YOUR LEGATE IN A COHABITATIONAL LIVING ARRANGEMENT WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX OF HIS SPECIES? (Y/N) - N

IS YOUR LEGATE AN ORDAINED CLERGYMAN OF HIS FAITH?****** (Y/N) – N

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE A MILITARY BACKGROUND OR EXPERIENCE? (Y/N) – N

HAS YOUR LEGATE EVER BEEN INVOLVED IN ESPIONAGE, FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC? (Y/N) – N - it is a standard background check requirement for anyone joining the Department

IS YOUR LEGATE A NOBLEMAN/OF NOBLE BLOOD/HOLDING A TITLE OF NOBILITY? (Y/N)******* – N

PERSONAL WEAPONS OF LEGATE, FAMILY, AND STAFF****: N/A

LEGATE’S TRANSPORTATION (optional): 1 2010 Ford Focus

LEGATE’S FAMILY BEING BROUGHT IN (list each with short description and relation)
  • N/A

DOES YOUR LEGATE TOLERATE THE PRESENCE OF NON-HUMANS, OR IS HE WILLING TO DO SO? (Y/N) – Y - no doubt

IS YOUR LEGATE NOW, OR HAS HE EVER BEEN, A DRUNKARD, CONSUMER OF ALCOHOL, OR ADDICT TO ANY RECREATIONAL/NON-PHARMACEUTICAL DRUG ASIDE FROM TOBACCO?***** (Y/N) – N

DOES YOUR LEGATE NEED CUSTOM/SPECIAL/ADAPTED PLUMBING? (Y/N) – N - if on the subject of toilets, a squat toilet will not be required
IF SO, WHAT IS IT: N/A

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS? (Y/N) – Y
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? – Slight asthma - however, no inhaler is required

IS YOUR LEGATE OF SOUND MIND? (Y/N) - Y

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY PHYSICAL HANDICAPS NECESSITATING ACCESSIBILITY? (Y/N) – N
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? – N

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY ALLERGIES? (Y/N) – Y - an allergy to dust

IS YOUR LEGATE CAPABLE OF USING A TELEPHONE, FAX MACHINE, OR COMPUTER? (Y/N) – Y -of course

THE CAPITAL OF TURTLESHROOM IS JONESBORO, WHICH IS IN A JUNGLE. CAN YOUR LEGATE WITHSTAND A TROPICAL RAINFOREST BIOME WITH A CLEARLY DEFINED, MONSOON WET/DRY SEASON CLIMATE? (Y/N) – Y

REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION

DOES YOUR LEGATE AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF DWELLING IN THE TURTLESHROOMIAN LEGATION QUARTER, INCLUDING SUBJECTION TO TURTLESHROOMIAN LAWS, EXTRATERRITORIALITY, AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO HIMSELF, HIS PROPERTY, AND OTHERS? (Y/N) – Y

ETC.

DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE TURTLESHROOMIAN DIPLOMATIC CORPS? - Please see in the letter

DO YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL NOTES, CLARIFICATIONS, OR ALERTS YOU WISH TO ISSUE THE TURTLESHROOMIAN DIPLOMATIC CORPS? - Please provide an address, for reference reasons - and please note that owing to the lack of WiFi in the country, we will be bringing a portable WiFi system, in order to keep up with the technology of back home

DO YOU WISH FOR TURTLESHROOM TO ESTABLISH A DIPLOMATIC PRESENCE IN YOUR NATION'S LEGATION QUARTERS/ETC.? (link) - Y

SIGNED

May the day break,
Neil Gamble
Secretary of Foreign Affairs

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:19 pm

GREAT BOUNTIFUL EMPIRE OF THE UNITED TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM
EXECUTIVE CABINET
DEAN

TO THE ASTORITE STATE, ITS HONORED PRIME MINISTER, AND THE LEGISLATURE THEREOF, AND TO ANY APPLICABLE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OR REMOTE EQUIVALENT

GENTLEMEN:

In regards to your application, you having understood and agreed to our stipulations, now present your application, which has been ACCEPTED IN FULL. The identifications and background checks of the honored Legate and his family have been received.

The notice for your vehicle has been received and granted. Miniature flags for your country and the Legation Quarter will be affixed to the hood to enable free parking.

We have noticed that you do not provide any security or weaponry for your honored Legate. For that reason, to provide for your physical security, we are honored to have the Chancellery Guard defend your entire delegation with their lives and sacred honor.

Per custom, the Legate and all associates accompanying him will be subject to blood sampling for the purposes of DNA profiling, and will be presented to our tailors for his requisite robe, and sashes for his family and staff. Assuming the honored Legate's species has unique paw prints, these will also be fingerprinted. If no unique print exists, samples of the honored Legate's fur and saliva (or some other identifying part) will be collected instead.

You presented an unusual inquiry to the Great Bountiful Empire, and one that, in our culture, casts ill on your justice system. You will be disappointed in it, so go ahead and arrange our contact with your special island zone.

We are honored to answer your questions below:
Does your nation use capital punishment? (please tick [✓] one) Yes [X] No []
If no, then when was the year of abolition? N/A
Date of last execution: (format - DD-MM-YYYY): 29-11-2019 AD
Date of most recent death sentence (format - DD-MM-YYYY): 1-12-2019 AD
Further explanation (optional):
TurtleShroom executes only in cases where the condemned is guilty Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.

A waiting period from sentencing to execution is enforced to review the case. The minimum delay is one fortnight. The maximum delay for an execution is five years, unless new evidence has arisen or issues concerning the trial (etc.).

The average execution time is six months or less and, in spectacular cases where the condemned has committed mass acts of violence, sex crimes, or other matters that are indisputable before a witness, said minimum of two weeks.

If evidence arises casting doubts on Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, or the accused successfully lodges an appeal or challenge (or a stay is granted by the Crown, Parish, legislatures with jurisdiction, or liege, etc.) to the ruling, the execution can theoretically be extended indefinitely.

Wrongful executions are compensated generously.

We thank you for your interest in extending diplomatic relations with the Great Bountiful Empire of TurtleShroom. We wish that you could tolerate our justice system, but we respect the sovereignty of your nation and her right to set restrictions on trade and diplomacy for any reason.

We ask to be referred to your territorial archipelago for establishment of a lesser consulate, in accordance with the laws of Astoria.

God bless you. God bless your nation. May this Legation further the expansion of peace on earth and goodwill to men.

Thank you.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:34 am

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:-snip-

OOC: it's Astorian, and not "Astorite". Sorry for the relatively short reply, but I'll be up with a more detailed one.
Last edited by -Astoria on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:09 pm

To: TURTLESHROOMIAN STATE DIPLOMATIC CORPS DEAN
From: Steven Williams, Secretary of State of the National Republic of Thermodolia
Subject: Diplomatic Relations
Encryption Level: Mild

Greetings,

While we have noticed that previous attempts to establish diplomatic relations have been for nought and noting the fact that our two nations do not see eye to eye on anything we wish to try again with a consulate general.

This consulate general will be Thermodolia’s diplomatic link to your nation and it’s people, it is not a full Embassy but the Consul General will be regarded at the rank of ambassador for these purposes.

The Thermodolian consulate general will have a mandate to process and issue Visas and Passports, process citizenship requests, aid Thermodolian citizens in your nation and process refugee requests.

To do all of this we require that a separate building be constructed, one which we shall pay for in full. We hope this will lead to a long but beneficial relationship between our nations.

Sincerely,
Steven Williams, Secretary of State

FULL COUNTRY NAME: The National Republic of Thermodolia

GOVERNMENT TYPE/DESCRIPTION:
IS YOUR NATION A MARXIST STATE OR NAZI/NATIONAL SOCIALIST STATE? (Y/N) – N

LEGATE’S NAME: Hal Føsâ

LEGATE’S SPECIES: Human

AGE OF LEGATE: 36

DESCRIPTION OF LEGATE***:
Mr Føsâ is your average Thermodolian with olive tan skin and tall broad features

BIOGRAPHY OF LEGATE:
Mr Føsâ was born in rural Thermodolia and later enlisted in the Thermodolian Army at 18. He served in the military for 10 years reaching the rank of Sergent.

While in the military he met both of his wives, Maria, the couple was married when Føsâ was 20 and the separated two years later. His second marriage lasted only 7 years before they divorced. Both divorces where uncontested no fault divorces, neither marriage produced any children.

After the military Mr Førsâ went to work for the Federal Park Service, Federal International Trade Administration, before finally working for the National Tourism Office

LEGATE’S RELIGION (include both religion and sect if applicable, e.g. “Russian Orthodox Christian”, etc.) Atheist

LEGATE’S POLITICAL AFFILIATION: The federal government refuses to answer on principal

LEGATE’S MARITAL STATUS: Single

LEGATE’S CRIMINAL RECORD: None

HEIGHT OF LEGATE: 182 cm

IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? ARE THEY EXTRAORDINARY FOR HIS SPECIES? (Y/N) – N/A

HAS YOUR LEGATE EVER DIVORCED? (Y/N) – Y
IF SO, ON WHAT GROUNDS? – irretrievable breakdown

BEFORE HIS ASSIGNMENT, WAS YOUR LEGATE IN A COHABITATIONAL LIVING ARRANGEMENT WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX OF HIS SPECIES? (Y/N) - N

IS YOUR LEGATE AN ORDAINED CLERGYMAN OF HIS FAITH?****** (Y/N) – N

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE A MILITARY BACKGROUND OR EXPERIENCE? (Y/N) – Y

HAS YOUR LEGATE EVER BEEN INVOLVED IN ESPIONAGE, FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC? (Y/N) – N

IS YOUR LEGATE A NOBLEMAN/OF NOBLE BLOOD/HOLDING A TITLE OF NOBILITY? (Y/N)******* – N

PERSONAL WEAPONS OF LEGATE, FAMILY, AND STAFF****: None

LEGATE’S TRANSPORTATION (optional): 2 Range Rover (L405)

LEGATE’S FAMILY BEING BROUGHT IN (list each with short description and relation) None

• 3 Military Construction Officers for the Internet
  • 6 General Staff to process passports, visas, citizenship requests, and other things
  • 2 Secretaries one for the office itself and one for the Consul General
  • 2 Translators
  • 1 Representative from the Thermodolian National Refugee System, to process refugee requests
  • 3 Service staff (janitors and maintenance) to be hired locally if possible

LEGATE'S SECURITY (list each, and their weapons, with reason for presence):
  • 10 Agents of the Thermodolian Diplomatic Protection Service
  • 10 SIG PPK 9mm Service pistols

DOES YOUR LEGATE TOLERATE THE PRESENCE OF NON-HUMANS, OR IS HE WILLING TO DO SO? (Y/N) – Non humans don’t exist (OOC: Thermodolia will just act like there are no non-humans ICly)

IS YOUR LEGATE NOW, OR HAS HE EVER BEEN, A DRUNKARD, CONSUMER OF ALCOHOL, OR ADDICT TO ANY RECREATIONAL/NON-PHARMACEUTICAL DRUG ASIDE FROM TOBACCO?***** (Y/N) – Y, Alcohol and other drugs are fully legal in Thermodolia and normal. You’d be hard pressed to find people who haven’t had either.

DOES YOUR LEGATE NEED CUSTOM/SPECIAL/ADAPTED PLUMBING? (Y/N) – N
IF SO, WHAT IS IT:

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS? (Y/N) – N
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? –

IS YOUR LEGATE OF SOUND MIND? (Y/N) - Y

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY PHSYCIAL HANDICAPS NECCESITATING ACCESSIBILITY? (Y/N) – N
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? –

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY ALLERGIES? (Y/N) – N

IS YOUR LEGATE CAPABLE OF USING A TELEPHONE, FAX MACHINE, OR COMPUTER? (Y/N) – Y

THE CAPITAL OF TURTLESHROOM IS JONESBORO, WHICH IS IN A JUNGLE. CAN YOUR LEGATE WITHSTAND A TROPICAL RAINFOREST BIOME WITH A CLEARLY DEFINED, MONSOON WET/DRY SEASON CLIMATE? (Y/N) – Y

REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION

DOES YOUR LEGATE AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF DWELLING IN THE TURTLESHROOMIAN LEGATION QUARTER, INCLUDING SUBJECTION TO TURTLESHROOMIAN LAWS, EXTRATERRITORIALITY, AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO HIMSELF, HIS PROPERTY, AND OTHERS? (Y/N) – Y, with one exception see below.

ETC.

DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE TURTLESHROOMIAN DIPLOMATIC CORPS? -

DO YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL NOTES, CLARIFICATIONS, OR ALERTS YOU WISH TO ISSUE THE TURTLESHROOMIAN DIPLOMATIC CORPS? -
Due to Security concerns and technical difficulties Thermodolia will be unable to take up residence in the quarter. Therefore we request that the consulate be housed in a separate building near the quarter. The Thermodolian government will finance the entire constitution of said building.

The building must also contain the residence of the Consul General.

DO YOU WISH FOR TURTLESHROOM TO ESTABLISH A DIPLOMATIC PRESENCE IN YOUR NATION'S LEGATION QUARTERS/ETC.? (Yes) -

_Hal Føsâ_
SIGNED
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:25 am

GREAT BOUNTIFUL EMPIRE OF THE UNITED TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM
EXECUTIVE CABINET OF PEERS
DEAN

TO HIS HIGHNESS THE PRESIDENT, HIS HIGH HONOR THE PRIME MINISTER, AND THE RELEVANT DIPLOMATIC ORGANS OF THE ESTEEMED THERMODOLITE STATE:

Peace be with you.

Thank you for your application for a minor consulate. We are sorry to report, however, that your candidate for Master has been REJECTED.

The following actions of Mister Hal Fosa have neccesitated his denial: his entering into a no-fault divorce.

In TurtleShroom, a married creature cannot seek a divorce without a reason. In order to ensure that the Legation Quarter be held by men of the most upstanding moral charcter, and to secure and enhance the reputation of foreign nations and their representatives before the people of TurtleShroom- thereby increasing public opinion of the guest country -we require moral standards that neccesitate stable, loving marriages and honorable grounds for their dissolution.

Furthermore, your request for your own building and full consulate cannot be granted because Thermodolia is not an ally of TurtleShroom, nor is it located on the continent of the Land of Power or the continent of Valkia, nor does it neighbor TurtleShroom. Had your Master candidate been accepted, you would have been directed to your own designated office space on the Legation Quarter grounds, outside of the actual residence.

In accordance with Legation bylaws, your honored candidate would have been recognized as a Master instead of a Legate, due to his low-level bureaucratic work. Masters enjoy most of the same privileges and immunities as Legates, though they may be subject to limited monitoring for the safety of the realm. Most instances of diplomatic immunity and all instances of immunity from prosecution, as well as protections of those seeking asylum in the Master's room on Legation Quarter grounds are still in effect.

We encourage you to re-submit your application, having addressed these matters, at your convenience.

God bless you. God bless your nation. May this Legation further the expansion of peace on earth and goodwill to men.

Thank you.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Port Spratly
Attaché

Founded: Feb 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Spratly » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:00 pm

New Taiping, August 1, 2020

Title: Diplomatic Cooperation Proposal Between Port Spratly and Great Bountiful Empire of The United Turtles, Mushroom, and Men of Turtleshroom

Dear Their Excellency Tsar Maven Outtacountry, Tsarina Tammy Olvia, and Tsar Grigory Wip,
TurtleShroomian Crown

In order to strengthen cooperation between Port Spratly and Turtleshroom and implementing Port Spratly policies on international diplomacy, protection of national citizens, protection of national interests, economic development, scientific advancement, cultural exchange, & national efforts on world peace, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Port Spratly carry out the mandate to establish a permanent representative and diplomatic relations with Turtleshroom.

Port Spratly embraces the cordial relationship with Turtleshroom and believes that national growth must be based on the national value and belief system. Virtuous leaders and people will bring the nation toward stability and national glory as of the traditional saying of Port Spratly that "Let the leader be a leader, the minister be a minister, the father be a father and the son be a son"(君君臣臣父父子子). Port Spratly is willing to contribute to the national development of Turtleshroom with regard to Turtleshroom national value. Port Spratly industry specialized in control, measurement, and instrumentation technologies such as IoT application in various fields, remote sensing technologies, AI, and Data Science. Port Spratly is also producing solar cells and batteries mainly for electric vehicles. Port Spratly has several processing plants for low calorific coal into Dimethyl Ether (DME) as alternatives of fuel or LNG. Port Spratly also has the intention to imports various available agriculture products from Turtleshroom.

For your perusal, hereby Attached the filled embassy application form.

We hope that cordial and positive relations between our two nations can be established and maintained for the years to come. We sincerely await your response.

Kind Regards,

Gao Hairan,
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Port Spratly

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/Attachment/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

FULL COUNTRY NAME: Republic of Port Spratly

GOVERNMENT TYPE/DESCRIPTION: Presidential System

IS YOUR NATION A MARXIST STATE OR NAZI/NATIONAL SOCIALIST STATE? (Y/N) – No

LEGATE’S NAME: Dr. Wu Chengde (吳成德)

LEGATE’S SPECIES: Human/ Homo sapiens

AGE OF LEGATE: 38

DESCRIPTION OF LEGATE***: Height : 175 cm, Weight : 70 kg, Blood type: B

BIOGRAPHY OF LEGATE: Mr. Wu is former Asistant to Deputy Minister of Science and Technology, His experience mainly is on assesment and application of technology. During his early career, he was involved in an international cooperation project to setup creative system with AI and machine learning to collect and preserve european cultural heritage including early bibles and several significant text on latin. He holds a master degree in theoretical physics and a PhD in Physics.

LEGATE’S RELIGION (include both religion and sect if applicable, e.g. “Russian Orthodox Christian”, etc.) Chinese Folk Religion

LEGATE’S POLITICAL AFFILIATION: N/A, He is a bright career civil servant without political affiliation.

LEGATE’S MARITAL STATUS: Not Married

LEGATE’S CRIMINAL RECORD: N/A

HEIGHT OF LEGATE: 175 cm

IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? ARE THEY EXTRAORDINARY FOR HIS SPECIES? (Y/N) – No

HAS YOUR LEGATE EVER DIVORCED? (Y/N) – No

BEFORE HIS ASSIGNMENT, WAS YOUR LEGATE IN A COHABITATIONAL LIVING ARRANGEMENT WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX OF HIS SPECIES? (Y/N) - No

IS YOUR LEGATE AN ORDAINED CLERGYMAN OF HIS FAITH?****** (Y/N) – No

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE A MILITARY BACKGROUND OR EXPERIENCE? (Y/N) – No

HAS YOUR LEGATE EVER BEEN INVOLVED IN ESPIONAGE, FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC? (Y/N) – No

IS YOUR LEGATE A NOBLEMAN/OF NOBLE BLOOD/HOLDING A TITLE OF NOBILITY? (Y/N)******* – No

PERSONAL WEAPONS OF LEGATE, FAMILY, AND STAFF****: 3 set of baton, taser, & pepper spray

LEGATE’S TRANSPORTATION (optional): 3 EV SUV

LEGATE’S FAMILY BEING BROUGHT IN (list each with short description and relation) N/A

1 person - Deputy Chief of Mission
1 person - Attache of Political Affairs
1 person - Attache of Economic Affairs
1 Person - Attache of Education, Social, & Cultural Affairs
1 Person - Attache of Protocols and Consular Affairs
12 Person - Administrative staffs (locally hired)

LEGATE'S SECURITY (list each, and their weapons, with reason for presence):

3 set of baton, taser, & pepper spray

DOES YOUR LEGATE TOLERATE THE PRESENCE OF NON-HUMANS, OR IS HE WILLING TO DO SO? (Y/N) – Yes

IS YOUR LEGATE NOW, OR HAS HE EVER BEEN, A DRUNKARD, CONSUMER OF ALCOHOL, OR ADDICT TO ANY RECREATIONAL/NON-PHARMACEUTICAL DRUG ASIDE FROM TOBACCO?***** (Y/N) – No

DOES YOUR LEGATE NEED CUSTOM/SPECIAL/ADAPTED PLUMBING? (Y/N) – No
IF SO, WHAT IS IT:

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY MEDICAL CONDITIONS? (Y/N) – No
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? –

IS YOUR LEGATE OF SOUND MIND? (Y/N) - No

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY PHSYCIAL HANDICAPS NECCESITATING ACCESSIBILITY? (Y/N) – No
IF SO, WHAT ARE THEY? –

DOES YOUR LEGATE HAVE ANY ALLERGIES? (Y/N) – No

IS YOUR LEGATE CAPABLE OF USING A TELEPHONE, FAX MACHINE, OR COMPUTER? (Y/N) – Yes

THE CAPITAL OF TURTLESHROOM IS JONESBORO, WHICH IS IN A JUNGLE. CAN YOUR LEGATE WITHSTAND A TROPICAL RAINFOREST BIOME WITH A CLEARLY DEFINED, MONSOON WET/DRY SEASON CLIMATE? (Y/N) – Yes

REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION

DOES YOUR LEGATE AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF DWELLING IN THE TURTLESHROOMIAN LEGATION QUARTER, INCLUDING SUBJECTION TO TURTLESHROOMIAN LAWS, EXTRATERRITORIALITY, AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO HIMSELF, HIS PROPERTY, AND OTHERS? (Y/N) Yes

[BLOCTEXT]ETC.[/BLOCKTEXT]

DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR THE TURTLESHROOMIAN DIPLOMATIC CORPS? - No

DO YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL NOTES, CLARIFICATIONS, OR ALERTS YOU WISH TO ISSUE THE TURTLESHROOMIAN DIPLOMATIC CORPS? -[/b] No

DO YOU WISH FOR TURTLESHROOM TO ESTABLISH A DIPLOMATIC PRESENCE IN YOUR NATION'S LEGATION QUARTERS/ETC.? (link) - Already established

Minister of Foreign Affairs of The Republic of Port Spratly

Gao Hairan
Last edited by Port Spratly on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:35 pm

EXECUTIVE CABINET OF PEERS
IMPERIAL MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
DEAN

TO HER HIGHNESS THE PRESIDENT, TO THE HONORABLE DOCTOR THE MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, AND THE RELEVANT DIPLOMATIC ORGANS OF THE ESTEEMED SPRATLEYITE STATE:

Thank you for your application. We have read your presentation of your Legate and are pleased with his credentials. In fact, we are flattered. Your extensive staffing request and the scope of the honored Legate's knowledge, as well as his seniority in your realm's civil service, indicate a sincere and passionate desire of the Spratleyite Republic to further warmer relations with TurtleShroom. We eagerly await such closer ties.

Your application for our Legation Quarter has been ACCEPTED IN FULL. The identifications and background checks of the honored Legate and his staff received.

Understand that the honored Legate will, as is required of all nations, reside in a room within the Legation Quarter and will not receive his own building despite his gratuitous staff requests.

As a land of Chinamen, we feel that the Spratleyite Republic and her honored Legate, knowing their history, will recognize this custom of a small, controlled Legation Quarter. Fortunately, there is plenty of office space on the Legation Quarter grounds and surrounding area- controlled by the Legation Quarter -for the honored Legate's staff to perform his duties. Housing for Legation staff- especially so many -is not covered by the TurtleShroomian state or taxpayer funds, but the Great Bountiful Empire will assist in locating and acquiring real estate through recommendations and private sector connections. Understand that any real estate outside the Legation Quarter that are owned by the Spratleyite state are not protected or subject to any form of diplomatic immunity or shielded from the full assault of TurtleShroom's imperial rule of law, and no one aside from the Legate.

The notice for your vehicle has been received and granted. Miniature flags for your country and the Legation Quarter will be affixed to the hood to enable free parking.

It should be emphatically noted that the overabundance of oil in TurtleShroom renders gasoline costs so inexpensive that it is not financially feasible for electric cars to compete. There are no electric car facilities in TurtleShroom and, due to the overwhelming preference of public transportation and rails. If you elect to bring electric cars to TurtleShroom, you will need to bring your own chargers and a means for converting gasoline into electrical energy. All TurtleShroomian infrastructure, all buildings, and all residences use DC power, with AC power used only to transport electricity over long distances, where it is converted to DC for all other uses. There isn't even an universally agreed standard for plugs. as it is decided entirely by the private sector. The Great Bountiful Empire of TurtleShroom will gladly provide internal combustion vehicles as necessary.

We have noticed that you do not provide any security or weaponry for your honored Legate. For that reason, to provide for your physical security, we are honored to have the Chancellery Guard defend your entire delegation with their lives and sacred honor.

Per custom, the Legate and all associates accompanying him will be subject to blood sampling for the purposes of DNA profiling, and will be presented to our tailors for his requisite robe, and sashes for his family and staff. The honored Legate these will also be fingerprinted. In order to identify the Legate and ensure that he enjoys the privileges and immunities of his office, these aforementioned garments are not optional.

Thank you.
-DEAN OF THE TURTLESHROOMIAN STATE DIPLOMATIC CORPS, IN REPRESENTATION OF THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE GREAT BOUNTIFUL EMPIRE OF THE UNITED TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information