NATION

PASSWORD

Stille Nacht Hub/Recruitment Thread [Open, MT]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:19 pm

Virshia wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Hey, apologies but I think based off of both of your RP experience we are going to have to decline your applications to join. We are grateful for the interest you both have shown us, and hope ya'll have a fun time on NS! Sorry guys. Have a good one!

I RP more on my alts than I do on this nation. That's why I'm using Virshia. it's free to be used in this region.

Understood, we just don't have much to go on aside from the RPs you provided us unless you have more?

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:22 pm

Lincolnocracy wrote:Speaking generally, perhaps down the line we could think about an "Associate Membership" status? We could create or designate a bit of map for "Associate Members", and have a special rule or two? E.g.: "Associate Members" could be protectorates, meaning that they have an identifiable mentor and maybe a limitation or two in terms of their intra-regional foreign policies (in order to keep a handle on the overall regional narrative).

I dunno if this is incredibly patronizing or what. I don't mean it to be. I know that I joined Stille Nacht in part to learn from others. *Shrug*

I think the idea is good for maybe when we are more established. But we do want to bring in some experience first before we do something like that. For instance the RP we are currently doing we have a few there that we are mentoring as we go. There is just only so many of us who can mentor and sometimes we just want to have an RP for us. Plus us being a hard-MT region we want to bring in those who are somewhat familiar with the concept so canons, economics and such can become cohesive and we can collaborate.

Virshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Virshia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:24 pm

Achesia wrote:
Virshia wrote:
I RP more on my alts than I do on this nation. That's why I'm using Virshia. it's free to be used in this region.

Understood, we just don't have much to go on aside from the RPs you provided us unless you have more?

Let's see....There's the Nazi Zombie one...
viewtopic.php?p=21128385#p21128385
viewtopic.php?p=30205071#p30205071
viewtopic.php?p=30004171#p30004171
viewtopic.php?p=23717641#p23717641
viewtopic.php?p=23648892#p23648892
viewtopic.php?p=21742495#p21742495

Lincolnocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lincolnocracy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:26 pm

I think the idea is good for maybe when we are more established. But we do want to bring in some experience first before we do something like that. For instance the RP we are currently doing we have a few there that we are mentoring as we go. There is just only so many of us who can mentor and sometimes we just want to have an RP for us. Plus us being a hard-MT region we want to bring in those who are somewhat familiar with the concept so canons, economics and such can become cohesive and we can collaborate.

I'm happy to defer to your judgement. :) Also, I totally get where you're coming from in terms of having fun.
There once was a region called Stille Nacht,
Which roleplayed 'til all the servers cracked,
But the data which flowed,
Was so "Nukez!!!1" it glowed,
And they knew that a cure was sore lacked.

Jueia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jueia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:50 pm

Wait why am declined? I can show more roleplays.
Last edited by Jueia on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The (Eastern) Empire of Jueia

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Jueia wrote:Wait why am declined? I can show more roleplays.

As I outlined prior we just were looking for more RPing experience. Its nothing personal.

But since I let Virshia post more RP examples I will give you another chance to do the same, then we will render a final decision.

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Virshia wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Let's see....There's the Nazi Zombie one...
viewtopic.php?p=21128385#p21128385
viewtopic.php?p=30205071#p30205071
viewtopic.php?p=30004171#p30004171
viewtopic.php?p=23717641#p23717641
viewtopic.php?p=23648892#p23648892
viewtopic.php?p=21742495#p21742495

Nation Name: The Adorable White-Haired Girl of Virshia
Economy Description: Capitalist.
Government Type: Autocracy created by a Group of Military Officials.
Geography (climate, terrain, landform): Mostly a Mediterranean Climate, though the south of the country is known for snow.
Demographics (Population, ethnicity, language): 42 million, 95% Virshian, 5% Lacriman
History (can be worked out, but what have you in mind?): An ancient nation destroyed by a volcanic eruption that rose from the ashes to become Virshia.
RP Examples: Not very good ones. Can I have a prompt?
Is this your main account (Y/N): N
Idea for RP: None ATM
Anything else: I'm a huge anime fan and gamer.

RP examples look solid, map location approved. Could you however change your nation name (an official name) and expand upon your economy and history sections- like more detail as to what you would like to import and export, level of wealth (comparative GDP), how your nations history came to be as it is in the modern day, based on the archipelago that you suggested. I will be putting up an example. On condition of the above you are accepted.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Lincolnocracy wrote:Speaking generally, perhaps down the line we could think about an "Associate Membership" status? We could create or designate a bit of map for "Associate Members", and have a special rule or two? E.g.: "Associate Members" could be protectorates, meaning that they have an identifiable mentor and maybe a limitation or two in terms of their intra-regional foreign policies (in order to keep a handle on the overall regional narrative).

I dunno if this is incredibly patronizing or what. I don't mean it to be. I know that I joined Stille Nacht in part to learn from others. *Shrug*

That is a good idea we'll keep in mind, though I generally stay from too many regional rules and "big government". We're just an rping group and don't do gameplay, and if puppets and protectorates want to be part to rp and worldbuild with us I'd say sure (within limits).
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Virshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Virshia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:19 am

Murovanka wrote:

Nation Name: The Adorable White-Haired Girl of Virshia
Economy Description: Capitalist.
Government Type: Autocracy created by a Group of Military Officials.
Geography (climate, terrain, landform): Mostly a Mediterranean Climate, though the south of the country is known for snow.
Demographics (Population, ethnicity, language): 42 million, 95% Virshian, 5% Lacriman
History (can be worked out, but what have you in mind?): An ancient nation destroyed by a volcanic eruption that rose from the ashes to become Virshia.
RP Examples: Not very good ones. Can I have a prompt?
Is this your main account (Y/N): N
Idea for RP: None ATM
Anything else: I'm a huge anime fan and gamer.

RP examples look solid, map location approved. Could you however change your nation name (an official name) and expand upon your economy and history sections- like more detail as to what you would like to import and export, level of wealth (comparative GDP), how your nations history came to be as it is in the modern day, based on the archipelago that you suggested. I will be putting up an example. On condition of the above you are accepted.

I'll have that ready this evening GMT. I have school and homework standing between me and then.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:26 am

Lincolnocracy, how do you see your nation's economics? is it rich, average? poor?

I'm entering some of your basic stuff in our region's spreadsheet that we will post soon, just wanted to get an idea economically that you thought Lincolnocracy would be.

Virshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Virshia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:14 pm

Official name: The Federation of Virshia

How expansive should I be on the other two sections?

Brabantum
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2015
Corporate Police State

Postby Brabantum » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Stille nacht sounds Dutch. As a Fleming, this intrigues me.
"Eli, Eli, lema sabachtani? Is this truly the end of man?"

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Virshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Virshia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Brabantum wrote:Stille nacht sounds Dutch. As a Fleming, this intrigues me.

I believe it's German.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Virshia wrote:Official name: The Federation of Virshia

I would do the best you can so we can determine if it is a good fit. :)

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Muro would be the one to ask but yes I believe its German. Would love to hear from you if you are interested :)

Virshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Virshia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Achesia wrote:
Virshia wrote:Official name: The Federation of Virshia

Well...I've never been good on the economy part, but I am good at history! For my stuff....I'd say...Japan level GDP. I export Agriculture and Technology, be it Commercial or Military.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Virshia wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Well...I've never been good on the economy part, but I am good at history! For my stuff....I'd say...Japan level GDP. I export Agriculture and Technology, be it Commercial or Military.

Since yours is an alt account like Muro has said I dont think you are going to have a Japan level economy (they are 3rd in the world). Follow the app format and do your best. Be as detailed as possible.

Virshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Virshia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Achesia wrote:
Virshia wrote:

Since yours is an alt account like Muro has said I dont think you are going to have a Japan level economy (they are 3rd in the world). Follow the app format and do your best. Be as detailed as possible.

Virshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Virshia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Perhaps Italian level GDP?

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:42 pm

Virshia wrote:Perhaps Italian level GDP?

I think you should just read up alittle bit on basic economics and come back with a better explanation nation XYZ nation level economics. Focus maybe on GDP, PPP, imports, exports, resources, etc and what those are and then write up something about what the nation you are applying for is economically.

Again please put it in the application format so it is easier for us to reference.

Lincolnocracy
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lincolnocracy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:44 am

Achesia wrote:Lincolnocracy, how do you see your nation's economics? is it rich, average? poor?

I see it as rich, along the lines of a Western European nation, e.g.: France. Whereas the French economy is restricted by labour laws, an ageing population, etc., the Lincolnian economy might be similarly limited by isolationism (which would make it a harder place for foreign companies to do business, even if only culturally).

Achesia wrote:I'm entering some of your basic stuff in our region's spreadsheet that we will post soon, just wanted to get an idea economically that you thought Lincolnocracy would be.

Thanks for taking the time.
Last edited by Lincolnocracy on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
There once was a region called Stille Nacht,
Which roleplayed 'til all the servers cracked,
But the data which flowed,
Was so "Nukez!!!1" it glowed,
And they knew that a cure was sore lacked.

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:07 am

Achesia wrote:

Muro would be the one to ask but yes I believe its German. Would love to hear from you if you are interested :)

Means Silent Night; Achesia wouldn't let me put the translation to make it sound more original. :P
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:38 am

Murovanka wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Means Silent Night; Achesia wouldn't let me put the translation to make it sound more original. :P

Because Silent Night just does not sound like a Rammstein song like Stille Nacht. lol

Virshia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Virshia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:14 am

I'll withdraw my application.

Gauliscia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauliscia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:31 am

Virshia wrote:

I believe it's German.

It is Dutch too
ᛒᚰᚾᛞᚽᛊᚱᚼᛁᚴ ᛞᛜᚹᚪᛚᛁᚵᛁᛂ
Hail Wodin, Father of Men and Lord of Walhalla
Gauliscia is a Wodinist and germanic parliamentary democracy headed by a monarch. The Stalwart Boar Party in power backs a strong military, friendly foreign policy, a pious proud people and government support for the needy. It's a primeval landscape roamed by rich fauna. Gauliscia is lead by its aristocratic elite but fuelled by the working class.
Dutch and Hungarian, British educated. I have yet to find a political camp but my tendencies are to traditionalism, collectivism, nationalism and statism. I enjoy epic poetry and literature, hunting, drinking, wenching and rugby.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information