NATION

PASSWORD

Stille Nacht Hub/Recruitment Thread [Open, MT]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Murovanka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:48 am

Suggestion for title- Triangle of Hate. Between Gaul, Ino and Meg of course.

As far as I have been following there's been a referendum in Nill (helped along by Meg) for annexation unification of Nill with Meg-Poslov. Ino and Gaul have a lot invested both financially and politically in the country and won't let it be taken by Meg. A civil war is brewing (Donbass-style?).

I'm curious as to how demographics will look like; will the people of Nill majority-wise be most similar to Megyorny, though perhaps with their own culture, while on border regions they are more similar to Inorothian/Gauliscian people and culture respectively. This I ask because my idea, if it fits, is the following:

- a local rural-based militia in the midst of the chaos, founded and funded by a Nill oligarch with weapons supplied by Murovanka. Probably Inoroth-aligned, though this can change as they adapt to the situation, and being quite irregular with existing ethnic conflicts with neighbouring clans/villages it becomes a bit bloody.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Achesia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:53 am

Hmmmm I'm trying to think how I would fit into this.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Hey all! OP is up!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=407282&p=31414118#p31414118

Please join us for the discussion on how we will begin. As well as a name for the RP.

@Gaul, Inoroth, Meg, and Deme, this pertains to you all especially since it is close to home.

Inoroth
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Inoroth » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:07 am

Acknowledging delivery, will have time to read later today!
Life is what you make it -- I made it into a peach cobbler
cosmopolitan/nationalistic: 4%
secular/religious: 63%
visionary/reactionary: 39%
anarchistc/authoritarian: 25%
communistic/capitalistic: 37%
pacifistic/militaristic: 48%
ecological.anthropological: 66%
I am apperantly a Neo-Conservative... who knew?

Inoroth's Military Here.
Nations Represented By This Account: Inoroth, New Inorothian Space Empire,

Inoroth's Factbook Here

"A fool's words cut down friends on the eve of battle" - Vinchero

Cyrden
Secretary

Founded: Mar 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrden » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:29 am

Hi

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:44 am

Cyrden wrote:Hi

Hello how can we help you?

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:40 pm

@Muro

@Clan

Were you Muro thinking of still doing the iceland RP? The special forces one?

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:46 pm

Achesia wrote:@Muro

@Clan

I have time these two weeks so I'd be up to starting something. What I was thinking of in terms of arctic warfare is from Reilly's "Ice Station" which isn't entirely realistic, but squad-based fighting on snowmobiles sound like fun. Character-based, like.

It could be a newly discovered island way up north where a team of geologists discovers something- resources, but that is so common. Maybe one nation conducts a nuclear test; would fit in well with Wanka's anti-nuclear stance.
Your moderate, peaceful Salafi-German-Turko nation, promoter of peace, justice and democracy
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:54 am

Murovanka wrote:
Achesia wrote:@Muro

@Clan

I have time these two weeks so I'd be up to starting something. What I was thinking of in terms of arctic warfare is from Reilly's "Ice Station" which isn't entirely realistic, but squad-based fighting on snowmobiles sound like fun. Character-based, like.

It could be a newly discovered island way up north where a team of geologists discovers something- resources, but that is so common. Maybe one nation conducts a nuclear test; would fit in well with Wanka's anti-nuclear stance.

If people are interested in a charecter RP then I can set one up. Either snowmobile one or the Gaulisican border mercenaries in Ummayah one.

I think I'd like to see us stat a series about a merc company that is sort of a rag tag group, and we can do different episodes with this company in our region and use our characters and make new characters and such.

Gauliscia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauliscia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:28 am

Ladies and other region members... may I present to you.... A Suitor's Luck!
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407875

Please be advised there are and will be mature themes in relation to sex and violence...
ᛒᚰᚾᛞᚽᛊᚱᚼᛁᚴ ᛞᛜᚹᚪᛚᛁᚵᛁᛂ
Hail Wodin, Father of Men and Lord of Walhalla
Gauliscia is a Wodinist and germanic parliamentary democracy headed by a monarch. The Stalwart Boar Party in power backs a strong military, friendly foreign policy, a pious proud people and government support for the needy. It's a primeval landscape roamed by rich fauna. Gauliscia is lead by its aristocratic elite but fuelled by the working class.
Dutch and Hungarian, British educated. I have yet to find a political camp but my tendencies are to traditionalism, collectivism, nationalism and statism. I enjoy epic poetry and literature, hunting, drinking, wenching and rugby.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:36 pm

Gauliscia wrote:Ladies and other region members... may I present to you.... A Suitor's Luck!

Please be advised there are and will be mature themes in relation to sex and violence...

Ah yes another RP to respond to haha

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Gauliscia wrote:Ladies and other region members... may I present to you.... A Suitor's Luck!

Just so everyone is clear this is the Royal Ball RP we spoke of.

Clandestia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Clandestia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:37 pm

Achesia wrote:

Yup. Is there going to be an OOC thread to discuss its organization? There's an OOC thread for the Nill RP, so I figured this would warrant an OOC thread as well.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Clandestia wrote:
Achesia wrote:

Yup. Is there going to be an OOC thread to discuss its organization? There's an OOC thread for the Nill RP, so I figured this would warrant an OOC thread as well.

@Gaul could you take care of this.
@Clan, use here until he sets one up.

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:56 am

Priority for me to post in the ball RP, Gaul do we have an OOC?

Cyrden
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrden » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:32 am

Achesia wrote:
Cyrden wrote:Hi

I'd like some ideas for making a new nation.

Cyrden
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrden » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:33 am

Achesia wrote:

The ball sounds fun.

The others not so much.

Gauliscia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauliscia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:46 am

ᛒᚰᚾᛞᚽᛊᚱᚼᛁᚴ ᛞᛜᚹᚪᛚᛁᚵᛁᛂ
Hail Wodin, Father of Men and Lord of Walhalla
Gauliscia is a Wodinist and germanic parliamentary democracy headed by a monarch. The Stalwart Boar Party in power backs a strong military, friendly foreign policy, a pious proud people and government support for the needy. It's a primeval landscape roamed by rich fauna. Gauliscia is lead by its aristocratic elite but fuelled by the working class.
Dutch and Hungarian, British educated. I have yet to find a political camp but my tendencies are to traditionalism, collectivism, nationalism and statism. I enjoy epic poetry and literature, hunting, drinking, wenching and rugby.

Demetland
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Demetland » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:05 am

Cyrden wrote:
Achesia wrote:

What kind of nation do you have in mind?

Most fundamentally, what sort of culture would you like to play? (think IRL examples: European (e.g. Germanic, Latin, Slavic, Finnic), Asian (Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Turkic, Australasian), African (Arab, Sub-Saharan), or American (pre-Columbian cultures such as the Aztec, Maya, Inca, Cherokee). Or possibly a mixture of some of these. It's probably wise to base your nation on things you actually know about, but you can always do research.

Government type is another thing. There are three main types depending on how many people power is actually invested in: monarchy, aristocracy/oligarchy, and democracy. These last two might also be called republics. Of course, you can have a constitutional monarchy that is practically a representative democracy (the UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Holland are examples); you can have a monarchy that's a dictatorship (Francoist Spain or maybe Fascist Italy) or you can have a democracy that's actually more like an oligarchy or dictatorship in practice (maybe Burma? or Thailand). So think about what sort of government you want in both theory and practice.

These are just two of the main things to think about.
Eurem yn er·wyll, a·m hudwy i berthyll;
a byδiv drythyll, o armes Fferyll.

Lætabundus
exsultet fidelis chorus:
Alleluya.

Cyrden
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrden » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Demetland wrote:
Cyrden wrote:

What kind of nation do you have in mind?

Most fundamentally, what sort of culture would you like to play? (think IRL examples: European (e.g. Germanic, Latin, Slavic, Finnic), Asian (Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Turkic, Australasian), African (Arab, Sub-Saharan), or American (pre-Columbian cultures such as the Aztec, Maya, Inca, Cherokee). Or possibly a mixture of some of these. It's probably wise to base your nation on things you actually know about, but you can always do research.

Government type is another thing. There are three main types depending on how many people power is actually invested in: monarchy, aristocracy/oligarchy, and democracy. These last two might also be called republics. Of course, you can have a constitutional monarchy that is practically a representative democracy (the UK, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Holland are examples); you can have a monarchy that's a dictatorship (Francoist Spain or maybe Fascist Italy) or you can have a democracy that's actually more like an oligarchy or dictatorship in practice (maybe Burma? or Thailand). So think about what sort of government you want in both theory and practice.

These are just two of the main things to think about.

I've got one empire that is a bastardization of Germo-American and my own design and one other empire that is Greco-Anglo-Saxon.

Oh and a small island republic based on America/England.

So many something new? But I'm relatively uncultured.
Last edited by Cyrden on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cyrden
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrden » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Nation Name: The Allied States of Cyrden
Economy Description: Limited Free-Market economy
Government Type: Republic
Geography (climate, terrain, landform): Sweeping plains in the middle with snowy highlands to the north and rocky mountain ranges to the south.
Preferred Map location: Working on it
Demographics (Population, ethnicity, language): Population: 62,032,543, doing on the rest
History (can be worked out, but what have you in mind?): I'm thinking of having a tribal culture that stood its ground and was able to survive and even coexist with newer ideas from colonists who eventually turned their backs on the Motherland.
Military: 620,325 (1% of the population, might move it up to 2% if that's okay)
RP Examples:
Is this your main account (Y/N): No
Idea for RP: Working on it
Anything else: Nope
669556 (do not remove)

How's this looking?

Achesia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Achesia » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Hey all!

This RP is open to you all as well :)

Cyrden
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrden » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:08 pm

Achesia wrote:Hey all!

This RP is open to you all as well :)

Holy sh*t...

I love this place... ;-;

Murovanka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Murovanka » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:18 am

Cyrden wrote:Nation Name: The Allied States of Cyrden
Geography (climate, terrain, landform): Sweeping plains in the middle with snowy highlands to the north and rocky mountain ranges to the south.
Demographics (Population, ethnicity, language): Population: 62,032,543, doing on the rest
History (can be worked out, but what have you in mind?): I'm thinking of having a tribal culture that stood its ground and was able to survive and even coexist with newer ideas from colonists who eventually turned their backs on the Motherland.
RP Examples:
669556 (do not remove)

How's this looking?

Please keep in mind that for puppet nations, there is a strict pop cap at 50 million. I assume this is not yet complete; there is an example app on the front. While we're happy to work out details with you it'd be better if you thought out your nation concept in detail so we can fit you in accordingly to your ideals.

For RP example, if you have none, please write something on the following prompts:
- An important national event (crowning of King, festival, wedding, diplomatic meeting etc.)
- Your nation is being invaded, your military unit is being overwhelmed by superior forces.
- You are in midst of a disaster (earthquake, storm)
Founder of Stille Nacht
Military | Factbooks

Cyrden
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrden » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:01 am

Murovanka wrote:
Cyrden wrote:Nation Name: The Allied States of Cyrden
RP Examples:
669556 (do not remove)

How's this looking?

Please keep in mind that for puppet nations, there is a strict pop cap at 50 million. I assume this is not yet complete; there is an example app on the front. While we're happy to work out details with you it'd be better if you thought out your nation concept in detail so we can fit you in accordingly to your ideals.

For RP example, if you have none, please write something on the following prompts:
- An important national event (crowning of King, festival, wedding, diplomatic meeting etc.)
- Your nation is being invaded, your military unit is being overwhelmed by superior forces.
- You are in midst of a disaster (earthquake, storm)

I can link you to my main nation (long ass posts in recent RPs) or I can write one of those things. Right now, it's just a time issue, I'm insanely busy.

I'm probably going to miss this ball. I can't get up an app until Sunday and by then the whole thing will be a page and a half.
Last edited by Cyrden on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information