NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation Mk X

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Husseinarti wrote:
The Soodean Imperium wrote:> Padnak comes back for a few weeks, then goes missing, says he has to go somewhere to work overtime in the summer
> Armored cars covered in improvised armor and spraypaint slogans start appearing all over the Philippines

You can't expect me to believe that these two things are unrelated.

Its 'appearing' because the insurgency problems the Philippines has is probably getting allot worse.

:<

Fordorsia wrote:What was the reasoning behind the Pz I F? I know it was made as an infantry support tank, but with all that added weight and armour of a medium tank, why not change the turret a bit to fit a KwK 30 instead of the same two MG 13s?

more gun = more weight

also it was a 1940 design and by like, 1942 as the Germans began to fight larger AT guns, 80mm of armor was a little much and 2 machine guns allot of not enough.

There is also the fact the Germans had like 4 and a half major tank production facilities and were hard for space, they could spend less time making literal frog tanks and more panzer iiis.

But if it didn't have such a disproportionate amount of armour, it could mount the 2cm without nearly as much total weight.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Laritaia
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:50 pm

Holstein has all the Elan that Laritaia lacks

half tracks, ACAV set gunshields, camouflage in colours that make the enemy vomit
Last edited by Laritaia on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:55 pm

It will win the Final War.

Frisia is ultra-modern high tech gizmos to Galla's elanwagon.

So it's like the inverse of Lariatia-Holstein.
Last edited by Gallan Systems on Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
And yet they came out to the stars not just with their lusts and their hatred and their fears, but with their technology and their medicine, their heroes as well as their villains. Most of the races of the galaxy had been painted by the Creator in pastels; Men were primaries.

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Laritaia wrote:Holstein has all the Elan that Laritaia lacks

half tracks, ACAV set gunshields, camouflage in colours that make the enemy vomit
(Image)

How heavy can a vehicle be before friction isn't enough to make the tracks move with the wheels?

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:02 pm

And now, for an image that Gallia will surely love:

#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:04 pm

is that a trench digger or something?
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
And yet they came out to the stars not just with their lusts and their hatred and their fears, but with their technology and their medicine, their heroes as well as their villains. Most of the races of the galaxy had been painted by the Creator in pastels; Men were primaries.

Laritaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:06 pm

Gallan Systems wrote:It will win the Final War.

Frisia is ultra-modern high tech gizmos to Galla's elanwagon.

So it's like the inverse of Lariatia-Holstein.

well the whole thing was supposed to be that Laritaia has better technology then opfor/Holstein but is generally far more conservative with it's implementation. where as opfor country will do things like a purely optical APS system for it's tanks and stealth fighter aircraft using 70s technology

Fordorsia wrote:
Laritaia wrote:Holstein has all the Elan that Laritaia lacks

(Image)

How heavy can a vehicle be before friction isn't enough to make the tracks move with the wheels?

based purely on observation of vehicles fitted with track over wheel at defence trade shows i would say 30-35 tons is probably the limit
Last edited by Laritaia on Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:09 pm

That sounds closer to Galla-Frisia, then.

Galla still does gunshields and elan because it has positive population growth for the foreseeable future (cf. Israel) while Frisia is increasingly automated and mechanized as it slips towards a Retirement Home State (cf. everyone else), though. But Frisia is also a literal fascist country with an actual Cult of Youth, so it will just stuff the olds into a bunch of tenements and leave them to rot, which should delay the effects longer than it had to actually care for its olds population.

IC conspiracy theories say that Galla is human bees or pigeons or some other animal that relies on r-selection reproductive strategy, which is why its able to sustain positive population growth in a post-industrial economy without high immigration. Frisians are depicted as reptiles in the same conspiracy theories, despite following a more typical pattern of fertility that you'd expect from a post-industrial economy with low age specific mortality rates.
Last edited by Gallan Systems on Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Allanea wrote:And now, for an image that Gallia will surely love:

(Image)

What vehicle is that

Laritaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:26 pm

if i'm not mistake its a runway plough

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:28 pm

Light tank infantry tank tag team

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Gallan Systems wrote:is that a trench digger or something?

Cable layer, actually.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:37 pm

he is not very cute like kugelpanzer but he will be ok...i guess

how fast can he lay underground fiber optic?

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:56 pm

THat's what I am trying to find out. I know that the towed cable-layers that preceded him could achieve 6 km/hour.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:57 pm

They looked like this:

#HyperEarthBestEarth

Gallan Systems
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gallan Systems » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:58 pm

i like that one better it looks it would be cute with an m548

Rhodesialund
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesialund » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:45 pm

Been looking at US Marine Division notational units. What's really got me thinking is that the existing Notation for the 1st Marine Division has three standard towed Artillery batts and one HMARS batt.

I'm thinking of hardening the entire regiment by replacing one of the standard towed artillery batts with a self-propelled artillery batt. Thinking of something light and wheeled like a B1 Centauro 155, considering that I do use the family of vehicles.

Thoughts, criticisms, additions?
Name: Valintina/Tina
Bio: President Donald Trump's Concubine

Laritaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:43 am

their plans tend to be somewhat schizophrenic, I'm legitimately surprised that they haven't tried to resurrect the Paramarines

they want all the punch of a "middleweight" force but somehow retain the mobility of an air assault force.

in the end they get neither
Last edited by Laritaia on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 am

It's like FCS but even stupider rly.

At least FCS understood that mechanization was the cornerstone of firepower, even if its mechanization plans were airy fairy.

Imagine if people who had never fought a mechanized war discussed the future mechanized warfare. That's the USMC.
Last edited by Gallia- on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heimder
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Heimder » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:55 am

If I base my armored divisions on British WW2 1944 Armoured Division structure, it's something like 5 tanks maximum in each platoon or whatever their equivalent is, right? I wish my sources would go deeper into detail beyond the Armoured Regiments...and if Flames of War is accurate, 5 seems to be the number for platoons usually, although light tank platoons and early war platoons often have a few more, especially if they're infantry tanks

Rhodesialund
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesialund » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:46 am

Gallia- wrote:A USMC "division" is light infantry.

Like paratroopers with all the slowness of a tank division.

Laritaia wrote:their plans tend to be somewhat schizophrenic, I'm legitimately surprised that they haven't tried to resurrect the Paramarines

they want all the punch of a "middleweight" force but somehow retain the mobility of an air assault force.

in the end, they get neither

Understood and the lack of armor for rifle companies seem lacking. I'm thinking of turning them into Mechanized Infantry. To retain some resemblance of "Lightness" I could have a light rifle company detachment that serves as a specialized role for light infantry duties.

Rhodesialund
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesialund » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:06 am

Gallia- wrote:Mixing light infantry and mechanized infantry is a bad idea outside of ad hoc formations.

Actually, yeah nix that idea. MEUs can serve the use of light infantry since an MEF has three of those suckers. The actual Division can be the heavyweight of the MEF.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information