NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation Mk X

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

-Celibrae-
Envoy

Founded: Apr 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Celibrae- » Wed May 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Laritaia wrote:
-Celibrae- wrote:Warrior is pretty hot, though I've heard RARDEN isn't great.

Warrior is a classic example of a British AFV with an arguably fantastic hull, but armed with comedy weapons

Unless we sell them to other people. Then the weaponry becomes decent. Because only foreigners deserve stuff that works?

-Celibrae-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Celibrae- » Wed May 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Gallia- wrote:laff
gat

giggle
blasta

snicker
cannon

Gaffmaster.

Laritaia
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Wed May 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Gallia- wrote:laff
gat

giggle
blasta

snicker
cannon

you know, the usual sort of thing

a vehicle designed to provide fire support to dismounted infantry while on the move yet has a completely unstabilized weapon system

a vehicle which uses three round stripper clips to feed it's primary weapon, requiring the VC to keep track of what nature of ammo was last fired and how many rounds were used

a vehicle with such crippling bad electronics that it's possible to cause the coax to fire un commanded by poking the wiring harness too hard

a vehicle which has said coax mounted upside down with the ammo box mounted on the turret floor leaving ample opportunity for the Coax's insane belt pull strength to sheer the links causing a stoppage which will require a special winding tool to clear

the list goes on and on

-Celibrae- wrote:
Laritaia wrote:
Warrior is a classic example of a British AFV with an arguably fantastic hull, but armed with comedy weapons

Unless we sell them to other people. Then the weaponry becomes decent. Because only foreigners deserve stuff that works?

more or less
Last edited by Laritaia on Wed May 17, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-Celibrae-
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby -Celibrae- » Wed May 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Gallia- wrote:the words have to be the same length though

I am embracing Fordthink.

I do not conform to your norms.

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Wed May 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Laritaia wrote:
-Celibrae- wrote:Warrior is pretty hot, though I've heard RARDEN isn't great.

What is FV510's "fantastic hull?" Genuinely curious.
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

Laritaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Wed May 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Taihei Tengoku wrote:
Laritaia wrote:

What is FV510's "fantastic hull?" Genuinely curious.

it's reasonably nippy, decently spacious, and most importantly isn't ridiculously tall like bradlol

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed May 17, 2017 5:17 pm

How big (if at all) of a vulnerability are the sort of big side hatches of some WW2 tanks (think KV2 rear of turret hatch and stuff like that)? I figure that if the steel is thick enough they shouldn't be a problem. But penetration tends to be... tricky. So I figured I'd better ask you who might have read something somewhere about actual experiance.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Laritaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Wed May 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Gallia- wrote:It has a huge compromised zone on its left side where the gigantic fuck-off huge pistol port is, though.

pistol port?

do you mean the maintenance access for the NBC system?
Last edited by Laritaia on Wed May 17, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Laritaia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Wed May 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Gallia- wrote:
Laritaia wrote:...

pistol port?

http://data3.primeportal.net/apc/dan_ha ... of_390.jpg

What does he open up to?

the NBC system filters

opening it requires removing a number of bolts and it doesn't actually open up into the fighting compartment.
Last edited by Laritaia on Wed May 17, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Wed May 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Laritaia wrote:

the NBC system filters

opening it requires removing a number of bolts and it doesn't actually open up into the fighting compartment.

That's what I sort of assumed but I wasn't totally sure. Mostly because I feel like I've asked that question before.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Wed May 17, 2017 8:13 pm

A thing

Crew of three, 20-80mm of armour, and a 76mm.

Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Austrasien
Minister

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Austrasien » Thu May 18, 2017 7:39 pm

http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/29665

RIP the IDF Armoured Corps, they had a good run.
The leafposter formerly known as The Kievan People

The weak crumble, are slaughtered and are erased from history while the strong survive. The strong are respected and in the end, peace is made with the strong.

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Thu May 18, 2017 9:13 pm

Austrasien wrote:http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/29665

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Armored_Assault_Tank

Of the People, For the People

Rhodesialund
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesialund » Thu May 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Gallia- wrote:We need another world war to reinvigorate people as to the utility of heavy armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLikP6BDH5w

Heavy Armor = Good

Although I'm curious about the trend towards lightweight tanks, and a potential world war would lead tank designers into that direction.
Name: Valintina/Tina
Bio: President Donald Trump's Concubine

Austrasien
Minister

Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Austrasien » Thu May 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Given their success with Trophy and Iron Fist Israeli planners are probably drunk with the possibilities of vehicles that are protected primarily by APS. The Israeli MIC also tends to be heavily influenced by American thinking and they have doubtlessly been comparing notes with TACOM and DARPA about current and past programs like the Mobile Protected Firepower, GXV-T and FCS MGV.
The leafposter formerly known as The Kievan People

The weak crumble, are slaughtered and are erased from history while the strong survive. The strong are respected and in the end, peace is made with the strong.

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Thu May 18, 2017 10:23 pm

Rhodesialund wrote:
Gallia- wrote:We need another world war to reinvigorate people as to the utility of heavy armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLikP6BDH5w

Heavy Armor = Good

Although I'm curious about the trend towards lightweight tanks, and a potential world war would lead tank designers into that direction.

Lots of people die painful deaths of skin melting off and being burned alive.

Ergo physical protection makes a comeback.

Unfortunately it would require us to get out of the finance capitalism stagnancy grave we've dug for ourselves and get back onto industrial capitalism's train of progress.

I suppose the Chinese will be the most productive and technologically progressive people in the 21st century as much as that's a meme, but they're also repeating FCS memes. Eventually they too will be eaten by bankers and we'll probably all die sometime in a couple centuries after decades of general societal stagnation when production is replaced by finance.
Last edited by Gallia- on Fri May 19, 2017 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Chinevion
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinevion » Fri May 19, 2017 4:31 am

Austrasien wrote:http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/29665

Its like early Cold War germany. We dont need armor, We got MUH mobility

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri May 19, 2017 4:59 am

Honestly I feel like we are reaching the limit of what armor can protect against. If the next generation of tanks gets a 14cm or 15cm gun the armor to protect against that will weigh like 80 tons by it self. And we are already in the age of 60 ton tanks being pushed up to 80 by addons. So like we better pray that APS and ERA reach some sort of revolution in the next decade or two or else the battlefields of tomorrow will be fought by mice.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Chinevion
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinevion » Fri May 19, 2017 5:09 am

Purpelia wrote:Honestly I feel like we are reaching the limit of what armor can protect against. If the next generation of tanks gets a 14cm or 15cm gun the armor to protect against that will weigh like 80 tons by it self. And we are already in the age of 60 ton tanks being pushed up to 80 by addons. So like we better pray that APS and ERA reach some sort of revolution in the next decade or two or else the battlefields of tomorrow will be fought by mice.

Agreed, I think it just means however we need a new inovation in armor, a new generation of special armor and electronic warfare systems on tanks. I don't believe tanks are going obsolete like some people do, they just need a new inovation. What do you guys think.

The Northernmost Americas
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Northernmost Americas » Fri May 19, 2017 5:49 am

Never knew this was a thing

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information