NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation Mk X

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Gallia- wrote:just put a tank division in europe already president clintrumpon

ABCTs

They nigh-abolished purebred tank-divisions.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:26 am

shazam

Not sure I can be bothered making a list of all the armour. I'll just say it's a lot.

Crew: 15 + ???
Driver
Turret commander, gunner and loader in each of the two front turrets.
Two engineers on the engine deck.
Four gunners on top of the main turret.
Tank commander
Only one gunner?
And however many others it takes to operate a 600mm mortar if anyone would like to let me know

Armament:
600mm Mortar
Two turrets each with a 76mm gun, a 40mm gun, a 15mm MG and an M1919
One twin 20mm cannon
Six MG15s
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:59 am

Fordorsia wrote:shazam

Not sure I can be bothered making a list of all the armour. I'll just say it's a lot.

Driver
Tank commander
Only one gunner?
And however many others it takes to operate a 600mm mortar if anyone would like to let me know

Armament:
600mm Mortar
One twin 20mm cannon
Six MG15s

You should put a racquetball net on the back for when there's downtime

Of the People, For the People

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Corindia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:shazam

Driver
Tank commander
Only one gunner?

Armament:
600mm Mortar
One twin 20mm cannon
Six MG15s

You should put a racquetball net on the back for when there's downtime

There is no downtime

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:25 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:>Asks questions like this
>Wonders why no one wants to answer his other questions

Purp.svg

I know. You'd think I have a special unique header I use for when I am doing insane zany things vs for when I am serious or something similar!

It's just a conflict of character really. You people are the kind that's all serious all the time. Where as I am the kind of person that feels that at least one bout of random insanity and crazy what-ifs a day is what keeps you young and alive. Like the other day I came up with this one. If you saw a cow that's stuck up a tree what is the first question you'd ask your self, how it will get down or how it got up there in the first place?

Also, on the same day I came up with the serious idea of using amphibious light tanks with big guns (like the T-50) in combination with tank rider infantry as a light cavalry/rapid maneuver/deep raiding force during WW2 analogous to what you'd see done in later decades by helicopter troops.
Last edited by Purpelia on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Corindia wrote:You should put a racquetball net on the back for when there's downtime

There is no downtime

K, for whenever moral is high/low enough that the crew doesn't care what is going on outside and decides to play a game of racquetball.

Make all the lesser pleabs jealous.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:28 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
There is no downtime

K, for whenever moral is high/low enough that the crew doesn't care what is going on outside and decides to play a game of racquetball.

Make all the lesser pleabs jealous.

Just crewing this tank is enough of a privelage. Racquetball is strictly forbidden.

Federated Kingdom of Prussia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Federated Kingdom of Prussia » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Next Purp idea: tanklike heliborne IFVs that operate from submersible aircraft carriers.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:25 pm

Federated Kingdom of Prussia wrote:Next Purp idea: tanklike heliborne IFVs that operate from submersible aircraft carriers.

That does sound like something that Purp would dream up.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Lamoni wrote:
Federated Kingdom of Prussia wrote:Next Purp idea: tanklike heliborne IFVs that operate from submersible aircraft carriers.

That does sound like something that Purp would dream up.

It's a Richard Simpkin idea.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:54 am

Just think about it though. You have an area roughly like the Eastern front in WW2 and during the same time period. Like in all real armies of the time (early war) your regular infantry is only rarely motorized and typically relies on horses for most of its transport. And your armor is, even at the best of times, slowed down by the fact it has to lug around a baggage train of supply, maintenance and support assets that are not as mobile as it is. And that's when the new fangled medium and heavy tanks even run reliably which they often don't.

Enter the light horse regiment. A unit composed entirely out of light, high firepower vehicles like armored cars and light tanks. Yes, it can't be expected to take on a tank or heavy infantry force of the same organizational level and win. But it is far more mobile, cheaper, mostly amphibious and crucially has a far smaller logistics footprint. So it can go places that they can't and do so quicker and easier.

Now attach this force to support a regular infantry or tank formation. Like say assign this regiment to support a division. Suddenly you have a really good skirmishing and forward raiding force that you can use to flank, exploit and generally distract the enemy or alternatively stab him in the back whilst the main of the force keeps him pinned down. And in attaching them this way you are also curing the inherent lack of staying power they have because they can get support when needed.
Last edited by Purpelia on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Federated Kingdom of Prussia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Federated Kingdom of Prussia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:41 am

That would only be more mobile in the tactical sense. At the operational scale, light armor is restricted by the same requirements as armored and infantry units: Gas and spare parts. Food and water is easier to bring with you or requisition but you can't depend on it. I guess it would work fine if you attach it to a better equipped unit, but in that case, why not have more firepower? Real militaries don't consolidate all their scouts and light troops into one big unit that is really bad at fighting off attacks, they break them up into small formations that can do what they are actually useful at, which is scouting and reconnaissance.
Last edited by Federated Kingdom of Prussia on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:57 am

Heavy Tank battalion

Dostanuot Loj
Senator

Founded: Nov 04, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dostanuot Loj » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:08 am

Purpelia wrote:Just think about it though. You have an area roughly like the Eastern front in WW2 and during the same time period. Like in all real armies of the time (early war) your regular infantry is only rarely motorized and typically relies on horses for most of its transport. And your armor is, even at the best of times, slowed down by the fact it has to lug around a baggage train of supply, maintenance and support assets that are not as mobile as it is. And that's when the new fangled medium and heavy tanks even run reliably which they often don't.

Enter the light horse regiment. A unit composed entirely out of light, high firepower vehicles like armored cars and light tanks. Yes, it can't be expected to take on a tank or heavy infantry force of the same organizational level and win. But it is far more mobile, cheaper, mostly amphibious and crucially has a far smaller logistics footprint. So it can go places that they can't and do so quicker and easier.

Now attach this force to support a regular infantry or tank formation. Like say assign this regiment to support a division. Suddenly you have a really good skirmishing and forward raiding force that you can use to flank, exploit and generally distract the enemy or alternatively stab him in the back whilst the main of the force keeps him pinned down. And in attaching them this way you are also curing the inherent lack of staying power they have because they can get support when needed.

1920 called, it says if you keep stealing its ideas it will sue.
Leopard 1 IRL

Kyiv is my disobedient child. :P

Novorden
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Novorden » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:01 am

Quick scout/light tank to complete my interwar force.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:07 am

Novorden wrote:(Image)

With the 15mm, wouldn't it be better to not have the .30 to fit more 15mm ammo?

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:34 am

Dostanuot Loj wrote:1920 called, it says if you keep stealing its ideas it will sue.

I know similar things have been done. Nothing is original after all. And if it's any good it has to have been done by someone. I am just saying that it's not a bad idea as others are suggesting.

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:41 am

nice scorpion
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

Novorden
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Novorden » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:29 am

Fordorsia wrote:

With the 15mm, wouldn't it be better to not have the .30 to fit more 15mm ammo?
Most of the 7mm ammo is in places the 15mm wouldn't fit. I have a had a quick play around with placing ammo. Leaving space for other bits of equipment it currently carries ~2000 rounds (20x100) of 15mm (enough for 5 mins of continuous fire).
Turret bustle: 400x15mm, 1750x7mm
Above tracks: 1000x15mm, 1500x7mm
Floor: 600x15mm
Taihei Tengoku wrote:

nice scorpion
It was not my intent, but the more it 'evolved' the more they became similar.

I'm not sure how fast I should say how this thing goes, It has a 200-250hp straight-8 engine and not very heavy armour (enough for rifles/LMG).
Last edited by Novorden on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:39 am

So much ammo : DDDDD

How about an earlier model with multiple 7mm MGs instead of the 15mm?
Last edited by Fordorsia on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 am

20x142mm best HMG.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information