NATION

PASSWORD

CCTV in your nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:26 pm

Anthro Peoples wrote:Some of us would just prefer to be safe, as opposed to being sorry.

Fatatatutti is one of the safest places in the world.

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:27 pm

Businesses occasionally use them. Not much else otherwise.

Anthro Peoples
Envoy

Founded: Jan 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Anthro Peoples » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:28 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
Anthro Peoples wrote:Some of us would just prefer to be safe, as opposed to being sorry.

How very nice for you! So are we. Do you have any beaches? One of the best aspects of any paradise is a nice beach, but I digress. There is a reason we are so safe. We just work hard at it.
Donald, where's your troosers!?!

Let the wind go high, let the wind go low, through the streets in my kilt I go! All the lassies say: "Hello! Donald, where's your trousers?"

The Saladin
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saladin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:28 pm

every street corner every building every sign and every home our ingenuous scientists are working on adding lazers so when one of the youth graffiti or hang up sighns the lazers will remove a body part.
Little Sister of Hath

Loving wife of Nightkill

Mother of SUA

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:

:rofl: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Note: I laugh when some one tells lie
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anthro Peoples
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Anthro Peoples » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

OOC:

Knock that off, would you? Too many emoticons make me want to go outside and make people die.

Let the wind go high, let the wind go low, through the streets in my kilt I go! All the lassies say: "Hello! Donald, where's your trousers?"

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Anthro Peoples wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

OOC:

Knock that off, would you? Too many emoticons make me want to go outside and make people die.

Then do it. I have no problem. Go out kill people, you will get arrested and put to death.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anthro Peoples
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Anthro Peoples » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:32 pm

Great Nepal wrote:
Anthro Peoples wrote:
Great Nepal wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:

OOC:

Then do it. I have no problem. Go out kill people, you will get arrested and put to death.

OOC:

Not really. My state legislature is filled with weak-minded fools. That's a different subject. Let's stay fairly on track, yeah?
Last edited by Anthro Peoples on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Palaam
Envoy

Founded: Mar 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Palaam » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 pm

In general, no. This is largely a cultural thing. Some businesses and corporate office have them for security concerns, but the government only uses them in state buildings, military bases, and Royal residences.

Because of the way traffic laws work, we also don't have red light cameras- largely because there are almost no stop lights. Private citizens can, and sometimes do, record what goes on around them on CCTV, and government security forces can and frequently do seize and use this information.

Arnevia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Arnevia » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Businesses use them to deter crime, but other than that they aren't used. Police do the surveillance. Every major highway in Arnevia has cameras to track traffic rates, and find broken-down cars and traffic accidents.
The Republic of Arnevia
Readiness Level: [4] Heightened Peacetime Readiness

Arnevian Forces (Main Branches)
- 2010 Justorican Coup (Status: Withdrew)
Black Operations Force
- [Classified]
Disaster Relief Teams
- None
International Peacekeeping Force
- None
Special Operations Force
- None
Tech Level: MT
Population: 195,039,021
GDP: $10.41 Trillion (Per capita: $53,388)
Active Military: 994,480
L/R: -7.63 | L/A: -5.08 (My personal position.)

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Businesses tend to use it, the government is not allowed to use CCTV in public places after a few... incidents.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Liberal-Finns
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberal-Finns » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:57 pm

we only keep them inside of stores to stop shoplifting

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:47 pm

The government has tried street-level video surveillance, but Decepticon citizens find that cameras tend to interfere with their deceptions and connivances.

Therefore, such cameras tend to disappear or get broken very quickly, and the government quietly gave up replacing them long ago. Now, the government does its video surveillance from satellites, which are much harder to make off with. Only a few private businesses still bother with cameras.

There was one good thing to result from the attempts at CCTV surveillance: it directly spawned a huge increase in the capability of camera-proof camouflage technology. The use of this technology is what allowed the cameras to be eliminated. Of course, the tech was then refined by the War Department and made part of the standard soldier's kit.

What many citizens do not realize is that the government has simply replaced CCTV with audio surveillance, using super-tiny bugs that are very hard to find. Everyone's engine makes a sound that's different enough to easily identify him - it's our equivalent of a fingerprint. The only time the government uses this information is if someone is picked up saying/planning something treasonous, so most never figure out that the audio-bugs are actually more prevalent than the cameras were...
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Holy Imperial States
Envoy

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Imperial States » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:49 pm

Only the capital city of Constantinopolis and the other 3 major metropolitan areas have government run camera systems, the smaller cities and the rural country have optional camera systems

Diatraba
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diatraba » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:43 am

Rejistania wrote:
Diatraba wrote:They also aid in general law enforcement within the People's Republic

Wir CCTV haben, und alle Kameras sind im Besitz und unter der Direktion für Information und der Staat Geheimdienst geführt. Kennst Du von ihnen! Sie werden benutzt, um:
der Nahrung von männlichen Kindern der Nation (Gewährleistung, dass sie fett genug und werden ausreichend gefüttert
die Höhe der Strafe Sklaven erhalten sollten
Arbeitnehmer und ihre Arbeit (Arbeitszeit, lax Arbeitnehmer, Probleme am Arbeitsplatz, etc)
Sklaven im Allgemeinen
Schulen

Sie auch Hilfe im Allgemeinen Strafverfolgungsbehörden in der Volksrepublik

Was that Babbelfish?

Got it in one - by the way, I posted something in your German motto clinic
Dimitri MacCarinson - Honourary Chief Ambassador on behalf of the Communist State of Diatraba (PMT)- One nation, one vision!
DEFCON: 3 - army at rediness - rediness levels above normal
UK Threat Level: Substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
REDCON: 2 - Full Alert - Army ready to fight
My Nation's Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -4.50
Social Libertarian Authoritarian: 3.69
My Political Compass
Our economic report

Kwunjin
Envoy

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwunjin » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:30 am

We only have them around government buildings, embassy, financial buildings, business buildings, national park.
We think it is not very effectively in catching crimes. to fight crimes, We prefer using combinations of large fines, physical punishment, capital punishment and long prison terms.
Kingdom of Kwunjin
浚錦王國
Monarch: King Kwunjin III
Factbook
Join Kwunjin's Civil Service

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information