NATION

PASSWORD

Infantry Discussion Thread 10: Shovel Edition [NO FWORDS]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:23 pm

I was wondering the same thing tbh
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:40 pm

Gallia- wrote:The real question you should be asking is how did the FAL get involved.

It's pretty cheap and easily accessible weapon, NATO dumped a metric ton of em in Latin america during the cold war, within the black market. Not AK cheap but still, some drug dealer shouldn't have too much difficulty getting access to such a weapon if they really wanted for some reason.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:41 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:
Gallia- wrote:The real question you should be asking is how did the FAL get involved.

It's pretty cheap and easily accessible weapon, NATO dumped a metric ton of em in Latin america during the cold war, within the black market. Not AK cheap but still, some drug dealer shouldn't have too much difficulty getting access to such a weapon if they really wanted for some reason.

That's not what I meant.

Most drug dealers are too poor to own anything more than a Jennings/Hi-Point/Raven Arms .25 ACP or whatever, anyway. Bulk of firearms for gangsters is typically cheapo gats like Jiminez or Phoenix stuff that costs $150 a piece or less with ammo.

Puzikas wrote:I was wondering the same thing tbh

Even Real Life Wounding Round 5.56x45mm is less a heater and more an oven.
Last edited by Gallia- on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Gallia- wrote:
Kazarogkai wrote:

That's not what I meant.

Most drug dealers are too poor to own anything more than a Jennings/Hi-Point/Raven Arms .25 ACP or whatever, anyway.

Hence why I said SOME drug dealers. I just used the term drug dealer as an in general term for a criminal who may potentially have a lot of disposable cash. King pin probably would have been a better term now that I think about it.
Last edited by Kazarogkai on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Gallia- » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:57 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:
Gallia- wrote:
That's not what I meant.

Most drug dealers are too poor to own anything more than a Jennings/Hi-Point/Raven Arms .25 ACP or whatever, anyway.

Hence why I said SOME drug dealers. I just used the term drug dealer as an in general term for a criminal who may potentially have a lot of disposable cash. King pin probably would have been a better term now that I think about it.

Big moneybags criminals buy hookers and droogies, not gats. Long arms are stuff that law abiding citizens with $60k/annual paychecks and LEOs have. Long arm armed criminals are crazy guys who were previously law abiding citizens, holed up in their attics shooting at cars on the freeway, but other than that there's pretty much zero ability for gangsters get that sort of heat.

So either a LEO was packing a big piece or this was a three-way shootout between the cops, some dude, and the dead guy.

Maybe when Volksfront broke up they sold their Literal Nazi Fortress to The Ride or something and those guys got a stash of PTR91s they threw up north or something, but that seems like it takes a lot of serious assumptions.

The easiest one is that it was simply a three-way shootout or a cop with a .30. Maybe he was rolling with a SCAR-H or a AR-10 he bought and had in the car? That's not too uncommon idt.
Last edited by Gallia- on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:12 pm

No it was a LEO
Rifle was an AR

Goodbye.

Nirvash Type TheEND
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nirvash Type TheEND » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Unreachable.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Say that dude wasn't nailed in the head with a 9mm, but still suffered the pelvis wound, if he was given medical attention relatively quickly, would he be able to survive? Would he be unable to walk for the rest of his life or would he be able to regain his ability to walk eventually? Also, what if he was a soldier on the frontlines, and was hit with a round like that the same way? Would that be a fatal wound, or could he be realistically moved out of there and taken to a field hospital with a chance of survival?

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Celitannia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Celitannia » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Never in the field of human banter has so much been owed to so few.

NeuPolska wrote:Say that dude wasn't nailed in the head with a 9mm, but still suffered the pelvis wound, if he was given medical attention relatively quickly, would he be able to survive? Would he be unable to walk for the rest of his life or would he be able to regain his ability to walk eventually? Also, what if he was a soldier on the frontlines, and was hit with a round like that the same way? Would that be a fatal wound, or could he be realistically moved out of there and taken to a field hospital with a chance of survival?

Puz said both were fatal individually.
Last edited by Celitannia on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the teaposter formerly known as Celibrae

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Celitannia wrote:Puz said both were fatal individually.

Oops, must've missed that

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:25 pm

I might have been able to fix him but focusing on the what ifs burns out people in my field and sends them into private practice and/or frequent fliers on floor 7.

Goodbye.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Puzikas wrote:I might have been able to fix him but focusing on the what ifs burns out people in my field and sends them into private practice and/or frequent fliers on floor 7.

Ah, well I'll try to avoid getting too far into that line of thinking, then.

What exactly is the frequent fliers on floor 7? (hospitals are not places that I go to often)

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:44 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Puzikas wrote:I might have been able to fix him but focusing on the what ifs burns out people in my field and sends them into private practice and/or frequent fliers on floor 7.

Ah, well I'll try to avoid getting too far into that line of thinking, then.

What exactly is the frequent fliers on floor 7? (hospitals are not places that I go to often)

I would imagine he is referring to people climbing to the roof and jumping off.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Psychology ward. Where the mind doctors are.

"Here take these 4 pills daily"
"Thanks fam"
"Wait why my dick don't work no more why do I feel itchy all the time and why does my head always hurt?"
"Lol I dunno but your depression is cured right?"
"No?"
"Oh well let's try again"
((Sarcasm))

Goodbye.

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Gallia- » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:01 pm

Does anyone know of a 1990s replacement for AMX-10P? Unfortunately, as cute as it is, it seems to be stuck somewhere between the 1950s in protection and 1970s in terms of armament, which means it's in a really sore spot in the 1980s and '90s. Too weak to defend against similar armaments (Frisian APCs demolished by the Dover Devil) and too weak to penetrate the Sherman-sized battle boxes of the 1990s (bounce off Bradley all day). Was there ever a tracked AFV considered for the VBCI on par with Marder II or Bradley, or did France's economy just utterly fail to deliver after De Gaulle? Specifically I'm thinking of something in the 30-40 ton range, with a 30-50mm gun, that is mobile enough to keep up with AMX Leclerc off-road.

Puzikas wrote:"Wait why my dick don't work no more why do I feel itchy all the time and why does my head always hurt?"

Y E S
E
S

Laritaia
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Laritaia » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Psychopharmacology - "it's like witchdoctory but without the consistently positive results"

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Gallia- » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:05 pm

I mean the alternative here is blowing your brains out or trying to fly like bird off a ten story roof, so I think itching is a minor side effect compared to that. But that's just me.

Though the most effective medication ime is barbiturates which stop Big CNS from doing too much damage to itself. Unfortunately, barbiturates can develop tolerance so I can't just take them all the time.

e: Chars Francais has MARS 15 on it, which seems like an interesting starting point for a modern IFV for Frisia. 14,5mm protection beyond 100 meters and 7.62mm protection all around makes it comparable to Strf 90 and early Bradleys, but it's sort of small. CLI apparently developed some sort of laser welding technique that reduced the size and increased strength of the welds, too, which means that the weakness of the weld is almost eliminated across the hull. Maybe a MARS 30 as an IFV and keep the MARS 15 to replace Frisia's aging light recce vehicles?
Last edited by Gallia- on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010

Postby Sevvania » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm

*Captain Fordo
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

New Equestria
Envoy

Founded: Jul 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Equestria » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:45 pm

The best infantry rifle by far is undoubtedly the model 1861 Springfield .58 caliber Rifle Musket.

INTP Personality
Owner of... | Gracefield Shipyard | Imperial Armoury Company | East Imperial Company |
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Conservative

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:05 pm

New Equestria wrote:The best infantry rifle by far is undoubtedly the model 1861 Springfield .58 caliber Rifle Musket.

(Image)

Arbalests are better than that glorified walking stick
Last edited by Fordorsia on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:24 pm

New Equestria wrote:The best infantry rifle by far is undoubtedly the model 1861 Springfield .58 caliber Rifle Musket.

(Image)

Baker Rifle or GTFO.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Vassenor wrote:

(Image)

Baker Rifle or GTFO.

M1 Garand is laughing.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:28 pm

Gewehr 98 = Best rifle ever made

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information