NATION

PASSWORD

Infantry Discussion Thread 10: Shovel Edition [NO FWORDS]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fryske Ryk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Fryske Ryk » Sun May 07, 2017 10:18 pm

-Alemannia- wrote:Looks tiny but the Hind exists so it sort just banks on whether or not you want to use a 60-year-old helicopter

i figured ~frizzya~ would use some sort of co-axial UH-60 tho

If you want I can give it a compound coaxial like an assault transport Raider.

That might be more fitting with Fryske's theme of HSLD nonsense too.

But that seems really high powered for what is supposed to be a fairly second rate naval infantry force.

Maybe just make them really smol battalions or something. Frisian Wasp vs. Gallan "Bi".

Seasprite is more Kampala's style anyway.
Last edited by Fryske Ryk on Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-AlEmAnNiA-
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby -AlEmAnNiA- » Sun May 07, 2017 10:19 pm

seasprite is def kampala's motif

assault transport Raider would be pretty dope tho tbh

Fryske Ryk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fryske Ryk » Sun May 07, 2017 10:23 pm

Kampala only loses the war for the universe because it cannot compete with insect culture.

At the world meeting of the elite globalists, everyone removes their Siliconne Flesh.

Galla is bee.
Frisia is wasp.
Some other dude is ant.

Kampala is just a dude raising an eyebrow.

They only survive because they're plucky and the insect cultures keep them as pets.
Last edited by Fryske Ryk on Sun May 07, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Dixieland Territories
Envoy

Founded: Aug 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Dixieland Territories » Sun May 07, 2017 10:39 pm

Fryske Ryk wrote:It looks small but maybe not much smaller than Hind?

"Small" in the sense that it can be maneuverable where it counts; but it looks like you could cram enough riflemen in there for whatever you need it to do.
Proud member of Pro Patriathe Christian Conservatives. If God is with us, who is against us?
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality

This Nation is mildly FanT in regard to occult countermeasure technologies, but Heavily draws upon the established lore in Deadlands & Deadlands: Hell on Earth.

Custodiat ad Austrum!
I'm a Good Ol' Rebel, God Bless Marse Robert!
In Dixie's Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin'.
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!

Deus Vult my Friends

Fryske Ryk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fryske Ryk » Sun May 07, 2017 10:44 pm

It's actually really slow. It definitely was wasn't a fighting machine, it was a buoy dispenser and mobile torpedo tube. Seasprite is a bad ride but it's probably just barely adequate for lifting a stick of dudes, which is all I was really thinking of. I'll just make an assault ship version of S-69 with a pusher prop in the butt. Disco Age S-97 Raider.

Kampala will load Seasprites up with rocket pods and M60 machine guns and Bren guns and go waste dudes because they're the last humans left in a world taken over by insects. The eponymous "Them/They/Those" have their mandibles/feelers/appendages in every facet of society or whatever.

Frisia will just load up S-69s with all sorts of dumb signature reduction measures and a bunch of mean dudes with silencers, ATGW, "plate carriers", and thermal sights or something very unelanful and no one knows they were ever there.

Galla loads up a mechanized infantry battalion or cavalry tank squadron and just smashes everything it sees I guess. Including itself.
Last edited by Fryske Ryk on Sun May 07, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

United Dixieland Territories
Envoy

Founded: Aug 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Dixieland Territories » Sun May 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Got any factbook stuff logged on the whole "taken over by insects" notion?
Proud member of Pro Patriathe Christian Conservatives. If God is with us, who is against us?
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality

This Nation is mildly FanT in regard to occult countermeasure technologies, but Heavily draws upon the established lore in Deadlands & Deadlands: Hell on Earth.

Custodiat ad Austrum!
I'm a Good Ol' Rebel, God Bless Marse Robert!
In Dixie's Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin'.
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!

Deus Vult my Friends

Fryske Ryk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fryske Ryk » Sun May 07, 2017 10:56 pm

It's a meme-within-a-meme.

Gallaverse's version of David Ike asserts that global elites are led by a disguised cabal of starfarers that are Insectoid or Reptilian and the lack of global governance combined with widespread proliferation of nuclear weapons to a bunch of countries with hair triggers is a result of their hidden power plays from the shadows.

Galla is variously described as ants, bees, or pigeons.
Frisia is described as wasps or flesh eating lizards.
Other people have other creatures attached to them.

Jury's still out on whether he's right. In the far future (~2500 AD), after Galla takes over the world (ideologically speaking) and everyone begins people printing, the meme will assert that the ants/bees are winning by converting people to their efficiency mindedness but haven't won the war totally.

No one dares question this dank meme but sometimes newspapers run op-eds about the "weird and zany world of this Kampalan dude" and point to the spot of optimism hidden in his strange ideology. Only on slow news days, though.
Last edited by Fryske Ryk on Sun May 07, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012

Postby Puzikas » Mon May 08, 2017 6:35 am

No step on bee

Also use H19, H21 "Killer Benis", H-34 and CH-37

Army of A E S T H E T I C
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Mon May 08, 2017 6:44 am

Kampala just uses H-2s and Super Pumas iirc.

Galla would use all that garbage in the 60s and then offload it to its "empire" of blacks and Chinese.

Galla will use Blackhawks forever basically I think. It's got what assault troops crave: hoist. Big muscle bicopter.
Last edited by Gallia- on Mon May 08, 2017 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Mon May 08, 2017 7:00 am

Bicopter, king of the juice rotor wing aviation

Goodbye.

Ardavia
Senator

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardavia » Mon May 08, 2017 7:25 am

how does my attempt at a rifle look?

shameless attention-whoring gogogo
professional contrarian
for: whatever you are against
against: whatever you are for

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Mon May 08, 2017 7:42 am

Buttstock is a bit clunky
Otherwise gud

Goodbye.

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Don » Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Ardavia wrote:(Image)

Reminds me of the Japanese 89 rifles... *shivers*....

Greater United American Republics
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater United American Republics » Mon May 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Ardavia wrote:(Image)

You could; potentially, blend the gas-block, Front sight, and bayonet lug while shortening the barrel for maximum cost-efficient parts reduction.
Last edited by Greater United American Republics on Mon May 08, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Did you vote Federalist Citizen?

"Men did not love Rome because she was great. She was great because they had loved her."
- G.K. Chesterton

Fallout's Lore blended with the USCMC from Aliens and an America that both won the war of 1812 & never suffered a War Between the states, Custer brought his Gatlings alongside a winchester or thirty & America strove to adopt the Lewis Gun alongside a thousand other minor (and major) alterations to the American Timeline.

Greater United American Republics
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater United American Republics » Tue May 09, 2017 5:13 am

Any advice on how to make convincing, cool and "fun" large bore caseless ammunition? The Enclave Legions of the Imperial Republic need something to fight the european communists in the further future with.
Did you vote Federalist Citizen?

"Men did not love Rome because she was great. She was great because they had loved her."
- G.K. Chesterton

Fallout's Lore blended with the USCMC from Aliens and an America that both won the war of 1812 & never suffered a War Between the states, Custer brought his Gatlings alongside a winchester or thirty & America strove to adopt the Lewis Gun alongside a thousand other minor (and major) alterations to the American Timeline.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue May 09, 2017 5:35 am

Greater United American Republics wrote:Any advice on how to make convincing, cool and "fun" large bore caseless ammunition? The Enclave Legions of the Imperial Republic need something to fight the european communists in the further future with.

Large bore as in cannon? Modern tank guns are already basically caseless.

Otherwise go rocketball.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Maverica
Minister

Founded: Jun 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maverica » Tue May 09, 2017 2:28 pm

So infantry mounted on lightly armored trucks for strategic movement but then dismount and mount on foldable Mountian bikes for tactical movement in battle. Desent idea for Light infantry?
Philippians 2:14~Do everything without complaining, or arguing.

"We need to build a WALL!" ~ Donald Trump

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue May 09, 2017 2:39 pm

Maverica wrote:So infantry mounted on lightly armored trucks for strategic movement but then dismount and mount on foldable Mountian bikes for tactical movement in battle. Desent idea for Light infantry?

Bicycles are possibly the third-worst idea for tactical movement in combat. (The worst is camels, the second is horses, if you wondered).
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue May 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Camels are the best don't you ever forget it
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue May 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Allanea wrote:
Maverica wrote:So infantry mounted on lightly armored trucks for strategic movement but then dismount and mount on foldable Mountian bikes for tactical movement in battle. Desent idea for Light infantry?

Bicycles are possibly the third-worst idea for tactical movement in combat. (The worst is camels, the second is horses, if you wondered).

Depending on location, they'd be a pretty decent method of travel for infantry, though? No need for fuel, no need to feed them (except for feeding the infantry using them, but it's less tiring and more efficient to bike somewhere than it is to walk there, unless you're climbing mountains I guess).

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue May 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Why not just keep using the armored vehicles for tactical movement? It would be faster, stress the troops less, and would keep them protected. Using bicycles does none of those things and would take away troops ability to engage with weapons.

NeuPolska wrote:
Allanea wrote:

Depending on location, they'd be a pretty decent method of travel for infantry, though? No need for fuel, no need to feed them (except for feeding the infantry using them, but it's less tiring and more efficient to bike somewhere than it is to walk there, unless you're climbing mountains I guess).

Biking towards the battle isn't the worst option, and is indeed faster and less energy intensive than walking or hiking. However if you have access to vehicles they are still infinity preferable.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue May 09, 2017 3:28 pm

NeuPolska wrote:
Allanea wrote:

So they're carrying bikes with them over shitty terrain in the hopes that they find a non-existent long road that is in no way dangerous for them to make themselves a target on?

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

NeuPolska
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby NeuPolska » Tue May 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:Biking towards the battle isn't the worst option, and is indeed faster and less energy intensive than walking or hiking. However if you have access to vehicles they are still infinity preferable.

Yes, I agree.

I'd only use bikes with small detachments of light infantry going in to support some army out in the field that isn't in the middle of an intense firefight or under severe threat from snipers. So limited use.

Fordorsia wrote:So they're carrying bikes with them over shitty terrain in the hopes that they find a non-existent long road that is in no way dangerous for them to make themselves a target on?

Not every conflict is fought on shitty terrain :p If it's Western Europe and there are roads everywhere, or you have good mountain bikes with quality suspension, infantry can get around on a bike.

For the rest, reference my statement to Spirit. I'm not trying to make bikes seem superior to vehicles

Please, call me POLSKA
U.S. Army Enlisted
Kar-Esseria wrote:Who is that and are they female because if not then they can go make love to their hand.
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Go home Polska wins NS.
United Mongol Hordes wrote:Polska isn't exactly the nicest guy in the world
Impaled Nazarene wrote:Hurd you miss the point more than Polska misses Poland.
Rhodesialund wrote:when you have Charlie ten feet away or something operating operationally.
Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:Gayla is living in 1985 but these guys are already in 1916

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Tue May 09, 2017 3:35 pm

Gallia- wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:Camels are the best don't you ever forget it

Ah the good old days

NeuPolska wrote:Not every conflict is fought on shitty terrain

Urban areas are a tiny percentage of a country's territory. Most of it is shitty terrain. If you stick to roads that's how you get seen and killed.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information