NATION

PASSWORD

LGBT+ Rights Survey [Closed]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

LGBT+ Rights Survey [Closed]

Postby Mewsland » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:46 pm

< After discussions with The Arthurian Isles, the originator of the first LGBT+ Rights Survey, here comes this reboot. >

The Cártányne Rainbow Alliance (Kamántás Ciáth Cártányne) has, in its mission statement, dedicated itself to the promotion of LGBT+ rights throughout the world. In a new collaboration with the Arthurian Rainbow Alliance (Artúriätet Regnbooe Verbund), this mission will be achieved through the provision of transparency - governments who discriminate, whether directly or through indirect means, against the LGBT+ community will be exposed for the entire international community to see, and hopefully, to condemn as bastions of intolerance and encourage to afford equal opportunities and rights to their LGBT+ populations. In turn, states whose governments attempt to improve the lives of their LGBT+ communities will also be exposed for the international community to see, to be commended and their example used to progress the global campaign for total LGBT+ equality. It is hoped that the tolerance and compassion borne of successful LGBT+ rights strategies will extend to the entirety of people discriminated against, particularly by their own governments.

This new strategy is headlined the by LGBT+ Rights Survey, a project started by the ARV (now under KCC management) "to categorise and rank states based on the rights, protections and opportunities granted to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, questioning, two-spirited, non-binary people and any others who do not fall into labels defined by society as 'normal'." The LGBT+ Rights Survey not only draws public attention to differing levels of LGBT+ rights and protections, increasing pressure or praise on deserving nations, it also provides the raw data required by interested people and groups to develop strategies for improving LGBT+ rights and protections or simply to chart the global progress of LGBT+ rights.

From the original ARV LGBT+ Rights Survey: "The survey analyzes the laws of all states which voluntarily submit answers. The [KCC] relies upon the honesty of replying states in order to give accurate assessments of countries' rankings, and uses the same parameters as Rainbow Europe to rank states on a scale between 0 (gross LGBT+ rights violations and discrimination) and 1 000 (full equality of rights, protections and opportunities for LGBT+ people). The categories are, in order of weighting, Family; Equality and Non-Discrimination; Hate Crime and Hate Speech; Legal Gender Recognition and Bodily Integrity; Freedom of Assembly, Association and Expression; and Asylum. The methodology and weightings used for each category can also be found on the Rainbow Europe page, which acted as the inspiration and basis for the Artúriätet Regnbooe Verbund's LGBT+ Rights Survey," continued by the Cártányne Rainbow Alliance.

The form uses a ternary ranking system: answers are either yes, no, or partially. Feel free to give additional detail if you would like; the calculations will be based on these three assessments. Some answers will be graded on a binary system: they will either be considered as a yes or a no answer.

Code: Select all
[spoiler=LGBT+ Rights Survey]

[size=125][color=#551A8B]Equality and Non-Discrimination[/color][/size]

[color=#5e5e5e][b]Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation:[/b]
[b]Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation:[/b]
[b]Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation:[/b]
[b]Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation:[/b]
[b]Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation:[/b]
[b]Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate:[/b]
[b]Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations:[/b]
[b]Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity:[/b]
[b]Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity:[/b]
[b]Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity:[/b]
[b]Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity:[/b]
[b]Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity:[/b]
[b]Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate:[/b]
[b]Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities:[/b]
[b]Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression:[/b]
[b]Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people:[/b]
[/color]

[size=125][color=#23238E]Family[/color][/size]

[color=#5e5e5e][b]Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples:[/b]
[b]Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples:[/b]
[b]Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples:[/b]
[b]Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation:[/b]
[b]Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman:[/b]
[b]Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption:[/b]
[b]Can same-sex couples legally apply for second-parent adoption:[/b]
[b]Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption:[/b]
[b]Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination:[/b]
[b]Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination:[/b]
[b]Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage:[/b]
[/color]

[size=125][color=#008B00]Hate Crime and Hate Speech[/color][/size]

[color=#5e5e5e][b]Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation:[/b]
[b]Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation:[/b]
[b]Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech:[/b]
[b]Is gender identity expressly defended by hate crime legislation:[/b]
[b]Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation:[/b]
[b]Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech:[/b]
[b]Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law:[/b]
[/color]

[size=125][color=#FFFF00]Legal Gender Recognition and Bodily Integrity[/color][/size]

[color=#5e5e5e](Please note: if 'no' is answered for the first question, all further answers will be invalidated. This section refers to a person's ability to alter their gender in line with their gender identity; it does not concern their freedom to alter their biological sex.)

[b]Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity:[/b]
[b]Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents:[/b]
[b]Can a person change their name without any obstacles:[/b]
[b]Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender:[/b]
[b]Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed:[/b]
[b]Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed:[/b]
[b]Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed:[/b]
[b]Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed:[/b]
[b]Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed:[/b]
[b]Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent:[/b]
[/color]

[size=125][color=#D2691E]Freedom of Assembly, Association and Expression[/color][/size]

[color=#5e5e5e][b]Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities:[/b]
[b]Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation:[/b]
[b]Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity:[/b]
[/color]

[size=125][color=#D41A1F]Asylum[/color][/size]

[color=#5e5e5e][b]Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country:[/b]
[b]Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum:[/b]
[b]Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country:[/b]
[b]Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum:[/b]
[b]Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country:[/b]
[/color][/spoiler]

See Below For The Complete Ranking List And Answers To Frequently Asked Questions.
Last edited by Mewsland on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:47 pm

OFFICIAL RANKINGS

The rankings for each state are listed below, in order of their levels of rights and equalities offered to LGBT+ people. The rankings are split into the following 9 categories: World Benchmark (980 - 1 000); Superb (950 - 979.9); Excellent (900 - 949.9); Good (800 - 899.9); Fair (700 - 799.9); Developing (500 - 699.9); Weak (350 - 499.9); Very Weak (200 - 349.9); and Minimal (0 - 199.9).

World Benchmark (980 - 1 000)
Cártána - 1 000
Communist Ylisse - 995

Superb (950 - 979.9)
Thermodolia - 968.5
Gandoor - 965.5
Free Lands of the Selkie - 957.3
The Intergalactic Universe Corporation - 950.3

Excellent (900 - 949.9)
Democratic East-Asia - 934
Vavax - 932

Good (800 - 899.9)
Herador - 897.5
Ipland - 845

Fair (700 - 799.9)
Ru - 749

Developing (500 - 699.9)
Bulanesia - 542.5
Felrik - 513.5

Weak (350 - 499.9)
Jankau-Helmutsberg - 375

Very Weak (200 - 349.9)
New Edom - 265
New Confederate Ramenia - 228.5

Minimal (0 - 199.9)
Arnesse - 199.5
Vos Istra - 180
Terra Pii - 157.5
Belravina - 105
Idoho - 0
Last edited by Mewsland on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Frequently Asked Questions, as drawn from the ARV's LGBT+ Rights Survey page

You have repeated a number of your questions. Do I have to fill them out again?
Yes. The questions are not repeated. Those which look as if they are will be referring to two different things: sexual orientation or gender identity. Sexual orientation refers to the object of one's affection, specifically concerning that object's biological sex, gender identity, combination of the two or lack thereof. Gender identity refers to the subject's conception of their own gender, sometimes regardless of their biological sex.

The Survey is very long. Do I have to complete the whole form?
No. If you want an accurate assessment then you should fill out as much as you can. I will still try to rank countries who have not completed the entire form, but their ranking will be significantly lower.

I am a Future Tech, Post-Modern Tech or Past Tech country. Can I still take part in the LGBT+ Rights Survey?
Yes. If it is clear that your country is not Modern Tech then I will account for that in the written assessment. It is likely that your numerical score will be lower because the Survey is optimised for Modern Tech countries.

I wish to change my previous answers. Can I do this, and if so then how?
Yes. To change your previous answers please post a new message which either (1) mentions the changes which have been made, or (2) includes a new form filled out in full with the revised answers. The new results will then be included in the subsequent set of rankings.

I think I deserve a different ranking. Can you change my result?
No. The rankings are determined by maths. I will not alter them. If you wish for a different ranking, provide different answers.

I want to post a smarmy comment about LGBT+ people. Can I do this?
Yes. Please ensure that it complies with forum rules. If it does then I will not prohibit you from posting it. If it results in a wider argument which threatens to overrun the thread, then I or the moderators may take action.

I want to reply to a smarmy comment about LGBT+ people. Can I do this?
Yes. Please ensure that it complies with forum rules. In general if you do so on this thread you will be actioned by the moderators for responding to spam. If you are willing to bear the consequences of your actions though, I will not stop you. If your response results in a wider argument which threatens to overrun the thread, then I or the moderators may take action.

Why do you not post serious assessments for countries which achieve rankings of '0' or '1 000'?
Countries which achieve a ranking of '1 000' cannot improve. There is therefore no need for me to make recommendations. They know that they are, in this Survey, perfect. Countries which achieve a ranking of '0' do not want to be taken seriously; they are creating a caricature to which I will oblige them by contributing to its status as such.

Why do so many countries achieve rankings of '979'?
They answer 'yes' to the question of 'Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent?' This results in a points reduction of 21. As the rest of their answers are mathematically perfect, and they generally believe that they are submitting the 'correct' result by answering 'yes', they near perfection but do not quite attain it.

Why do I lose points for not having laws against hate speech even though this means that I have free speech which is a moral good?
This Survey is not scoring your country based on its general freedoms. It ranks the protections, rights and opportunities granted to LGBT+ people specifically. As a particularly vulnerable section of society, they require particular laws to protect them against crimes to which they are particularly susceptible. Hate legislation does just this and, in the ARV's opinion, does not limit freedom of speech; it is illegal in most countries to shout 'fire' in a crowded building, and yet these countries are said to have freedom of speech. It makes sense, therefore, that it should be illegal to shout 'let's kill LGBT+ people' without freedom of speech feeling infringed upon. The same logic applies to many other questions which tend to be answered on the basis of 'no, we are a free society'.

It seemed as though the previous answer was a rant which you wished to get off your chest. Why did you include it in this FAQ?
It is the most common reason for large losses of points. Many countries answer the section on hate legislation with: "no, we have free speech", or words to that effect. Countries which answer in this way have not got a strong enough grasp of the nuances or complexities of the debate between free speech and hate legislation. The former should not be a lazy evasion for why a particular section of society can be persecuted.

Are these your real views?
Partially. In answering this Survey I take on the collective persona of the KCC, a pro-LGBT+ NGO. My views (as well as the originator of this survey, The Arthurian Isles') converge with that outlook significantly, but I am not arrogant enough to have certain answers to all of the questions on the Survey. For example, while the KCC and the Survey definitively argue that hate legislation is a good thing, I personally am still debating the issue. I fear I will be doing so for much longer.

You have not posted a new set of rankings for a long time. Is the Survey closed?
No. I am a real human with a life, interests and disciplines which extend beyond the confines of this game. Sometimes I am away for long periods of time. Other times I am simply waiting for more responses before I post new rankings. If I do eventually decide to close the LGBT+ Rights Survey, I will say so clearly on this thread and in its title.

Can I ask you a question that did not appear here?
Yes. The easiest way to contact me is by telegram. I will also try to answer questions posted directly to the thread.
Last edited by Mewsland on Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imperium Sidhicum
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Sidhicum » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Equality and Non-Discrimination

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: No. In fact, it doesn't include provisions banning any kind of discrimination at all. The Statutes merely specify the duties of citizens and the state, and list the privileges that will be extended to citizens by the state in exchange for their service.
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: No, mainly because everyone is required by law to be employed, those who briefly find themselves out of work being assigned to one by the state if they cannot find employment to their liking within a certain time period.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: No, and any discrimination in this matter, much less over something as trivial as sexual preferences, would make utterly no sense to a Sidh anyway. As the old Roman proverb goes, money doesn't stink - nor does it hold any sexual interests, for that matter.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation:No. Seeing how Sidhae come pre-installed with basic high-school level educational data, and have an ideological/religious obligation to constantly better themselves physically and mentally, such provisions would again be pointless and nonsensical in the Sidh cultural and legal context.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: No. Healthcare is universal and free for all Sidh citizens as explicitly decreed in the Statutes, period.
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: No. Firstly, there is no such thing as human rights in the Imperium - humans are non-Sidhae, an inferior species, and not subject to Imperial laws or their protection. Secondly, there is no such thing as rights in Imperial legislature, there are only privileges. Rights imply entitlement by default, which is something that the Imperial laws and Sidh culture deliberately strives to avoid. Thirdly, something as trivial as sexual preferences is hardly even deemed worth the attention of legislators, who have plenty of more important things to deal with.
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: No. There are specific criteria that one must meet to qualify as a Sidh and be eligible for fair and equal protection under Imperial law along with other Sidhae. Sexual orientation is not one of them, so one can easily be unorthodoxally-oriented and at the same time possess the necessary qualities to be considered a Sidh.
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: No, and we don't recognize the concept of gender identity either. Every Sidh knows that Sidhae only come in two genders corresponding to their biological sex.
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: As said before, everyone must haul their own weight in Sidh society. Being male or female (and even gender-confused) does not change that.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: As said before, money is money. As long as you pay up, nobody cares.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: Basic education is universally pre-installed. It's just part of the assembly process regardless of the subject's designed gender. Getting more isn't one's right, but a duty.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: As said before, healthcare is universal, and that's the end of it.
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate:What Sidh males and Sidh females have in common is their Sidhness, and that is all that matters before the law. One either is a Sidh, or is not, everything else being irrelevant.
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: Sidhae already enjoy all the privileges, protection and equality they will ever need, so there's no need for further improvement.
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: Right to what...? Being male or female isn't a right, it just is.
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people: No. If you call yourself a Sidh, you are either male or female as per your design specifications, period, and if for some reason you are feeling confused, you have the right to consult your free state-provided psytech for treatment.

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: No, and neither can anyone else. Marriage does not exist in Sidh society.
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: There is no such thing as civil partnership in Imperial law either.
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: See above.
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: Sidhae (and by that I mean all Sidhae) are allowed to enter a contract of cohabitation for whatever reasons they deem necessary. Law makes no special mention of homosexuals, so that by default means that they too are included.
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: The Imperial law limits marriage to outside Sidh society. As said before, the very concept is alien to Sidh culture and law.
Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption: No. In a society of cyborgs where people are literally manufactured on assembly lines, adoption has become all but obsolete.
Can same-sex couples legally apply for second-parent adoption: See above.
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: Parentage in Sidh society matters only on a genetic level, a Sidh never actually knowing or meeting his genetic parents. As long as one has the genetic traits desired by the progenitors breeding the next generation for the eugenics program, his/her gender and sexual preferences are completely irrelevant along with everything else.
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Sidhae are naturally sterile, and are quite content to keep it that way. The application of industrial production methods to procreation is far more efficient than conventional reproduction. So no, nobody has ever even considered to request artificial insemination to begin with.
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: See above.
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: As said before, there are no transgender Sidhae, and no marriage in Sidh society, so no.

Hate Crime and Hate Speech

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: No, and the Imperial law does not recognize the concept of hate crime. All crimes are motivated by either greed, lust or hate, and the motive doesn't make them any more or less of crimes as far as law is concerned.
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: No, and the Imperial law does not recognize the concept of hate speech either. If a Sidh is targeted by hateful and insulting words for whatever reason and is too craven and pathetic to defend his honour with violence, then he is evidently no true Sidh at all and deserves what he gets.
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: No, see above. Sidh society deliberately took the polar opposite approach to the one that bred the generation of entitled crybabies and their culture of safe spaces and echo chambers back on Old Terra. A Sidh is expected to be fully capable of defending himself and his honour and dignity against any and all affronts, not run to the authorities crying for mommy whenever someone is mean to him. The authorities are there to ensure he's got a roof over his head, clothes on his back, food in his stomach, a job to pay for it all, and to protect him from getting prematurely killed by xenos invaders or other unsavoury characters. Taking care of his offended sensibilities is his own duty and prerogative.
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate crime legislation: No.
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: No.
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: No.
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: No. As said before, there are no such things as "hate laws" or "intersex" in Imperial legal glossary.

Legal Gender Recognition and Bodily Integrity

(Please note: if 'no' is answered for the first question, all further answers will be invalidated. This section refers to a person's ability to alter their gender in line with their gender identity; it does not concern their freedom to alter their biological sex.)

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: No. One is what one was built to be, period. And if not, that fault can be rectified.
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: N/A.
Can a person change their name without any obstacles: N/A
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: N/A
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: N/A
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: N/A
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed: N/A
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed: N/A
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: N/A
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: N/A

Freedom of Assembly, Association and Expression

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: Sidhae, including ones with unorthodox preferences, look down upon the concept of LGBT identity itself. To a Sidh, it is a nonsensical construct making about as much sense as building identity around eating, sleeping or defecation. Sidhae see their sexual preferences as something too trivial to even mention as part of their identity (which is invariably expected to be Sidh, and nothing else), and look down upon the sex-obsessed humans who seem to make a big deal out of it, and are evidently too pathetic and lacking any other personal accomplishments since they feel compelled to build their entire identities around something as base as sexual preferences. For these reasons, public LGBT events are not allowed, since they promote an alien, openly-divisive, counter-productive and therefore un-Sidh ideas.
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: LGBT organisations and publications represent a particular brand of foreign political ideology that is not desirable or wanted in the Imperium, and are hereby forbidden along with all other groups promoting alien and un-Sidh values and ways.
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: Imperial law permits that freedom (within reason) to all Sidhae. Again, gender or sexual orientation isn't mentioned anywhere as a disqualifying factor.

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: No. Imperium doesn't make a habit of granting asylum to anyone without valuable skills or information, and when it does, those skills and/or the value of that information are the only factors being taken into consideration.
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: No. If the Imperium decides to take anyone in, it will logically be much more interested in what that individual will be able to contribute to the state, not who he likes to fuck.
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: No. As said before, the only thing that decides whether a wannabe defector will be taken in is his possession of particular skills and personality traits.
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: See above.
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: See above.
Freedom doesn't mean being able to do as one please, but rather not to do as one doesn't please.

A fool sees religion as the truth. A smart man sees religion as a lie. A ruler sees religion as a useful tool.

The more God in one's mouth, the less in one's heart.

Herador
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Herador » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:27 pm

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Currently it is not written in the actual document itself.
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: Yes, though the actual case law is a bit awkward, given that a vendor can claim a reason other than orientation when a grievance is filed with the local authorities.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation: Yes.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: Yes, failure to provide based on such grounds makes the company vulnerable to a very, very hefty fine, large portions of which are paid out to the offended party, with the remaining proceeds going to NGO aid groups.
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: It is working without one currently, though the Heradorian government does work closely with several NGO's devoted to the cause.
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: Yes.
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Unfortunately no, amending the constitution can be quite the hassle.
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Yes.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: Yes, though the actual case law is a bit awkward, given that a vendor can claim a reason other than orientation when a grievance is filed with the local authorities.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: yes.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: , failure to provide based on such grounds makes the company vulnerable to a very, very hefty fine, large portions of which are paid out to the offended party, with the remaining proceeds going to NGO aid groups.
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: Similar to before, the Heradorian government works closely with NGO's and healthcare providers to give those with Gender Identity issues a safe and healthy environment.
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: Yes.
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: Yes.
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people:Yes.
It should be noted that many of these topics were brought into effect when Grand Duke John Aziz III's daughter, and fifth in line for the throne, came out as homosexual and demanded her father enact sweeping reforms in support of the LGBTQ community. While not sweepingly popular, few Heradorians would go against the Royal family on the matter.

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: Yes.
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: If they so choose.
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: No.
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: Yes.
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: ...Technically. As stated, changing the constitution is a tricky thing, even for the monarchy, and while the changes are in the works, current laws use gender neutral language in an attempt to skirt around the wording of the constitution.
Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption: Yes.
Can same-sex couples legally apply for second-parent adoption: Yes.
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: Yes.
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Yes.
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Yes, though said individual has a far more extensive process to go through, mostly in regards to financial stability and the ability (both fiscally and emotionally) to take care of a child on their own. It is possible though, and happens.
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: Yes.

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: Yes, following a case brought before Tribal Council in late 2007, long before legal recognition was gained for LGBTQ individuals.
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: Yes.
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: Unfortunately said legislation has been blocked in the House of Commons and the House of Nobles, though by a slim majority.
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate crime legislation: Yes.
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: Yes.
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: See above about Legislation.
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: Yes. The "idea" has been in the social consciousness longer and has come to acceptance faster than the other options.

(Please note: if 'no' is answered for the first question, all further answers will be invalidated. This section refers to a person's ability to alter their gender in line with their gender identity; it does not concern their freedom to alter their biological sex.)

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: Yes, a form can be filled out at your local government office to update your information for the government, this information includes Gender, as well as sexual orientation.
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: See above.
Can a person change their name without any obstacles: If by obstacles, you mean quickly, then no, a lengthy process is required while the Internal Ministry changes your legal name.
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: No, though it does give your request a priority.
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No.
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No.
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No.
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No.
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: 15 with a recommendation from a psychiatrist or other mental health professional, at age 18 it can be changed freely, though a Psychiatrists recommendation will give it priority.
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: This is a bit of a grey area. If a Psychiatrist recommends it, the parents can prove they understand exactly what is going on and consent, the child is older than 14, and the child can provide proof it is their wish (typically a video recording with two impartial witnesses), it can be done. However, it is ultimately up to the hospital staff (the child's surgical staff, attending physician, and a hospital psychologist all must agree) to do the surgery or not.

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: Yes, like all non-hate groups.
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: Yes. While harassment from individual government employee's may exist, this is not government sponsored behavior and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: Yes, so long as it doesn't venture into the legal definitions of harassment or hate.

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes.
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: Yes, and has since 2012.
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes.
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: As of recently, yes.
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes, and is the oldest of the three to receive such rights.
Vaguely a pessimist, certainly an absurdist, unironically an antinatalist.

Freechrist
Attaché

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Freechrist » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:54 pm

null
Last edited by Freechrist on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Imperium Sidhicum (Unrankable): Seeing as how Sidh culture differs so extensively from the Modern-Tech cultures this survey was planned to address, and how much their answers seem to be up to interpretation, we at the KCC cannot issue a ranking to the Imperium Sidhicum.

Herador (897.5 - Good): The LGBT+ community of Herador is well-protected by Herador's laws, though changes to the constitution remain to be seen (the evident difficulty in amending this document aside). It is disappointing that legislation specifically countering hate crimes and hate speech against different sexual orientations and gender identities has been rejected, and the age restriction is concerning. Additionally, Herador did not effectively answer question 10 under Legal Gender Recognition and Bodily Integrity regarding interventions before the age of consent, since they spoke about the situation after the age of consent.

Freechrist (Unrankable): Not only has Freechrist failed to complete their application, they've also failed to format it properly. We ask that they re-post their completed survey in the proper format in order to give an accurate ranking.
Last edited by Mewsland on Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idoho
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Idoho » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: No
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: No, it's completely legal and normal to discriminate against LGBTQ
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: No
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: What are human rights? Idoho doesn't believe in that.
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: No
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: No
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: No
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: No
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: No
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: No
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people: No

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: No it's illegal to do so
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: No
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: No
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: No, cohabitation is illegal for everyone no matter gender
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: Yes only a man and a woman can get married
Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption: No, LGBTQ people are not allowed to raise children.
Can same-sex couples legally apply for second-parent adoption: No
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: No only straight normal people can
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: No
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: No
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: No

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: No
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: No
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: No
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate crime legislation: No
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: No
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: No
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: No

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: No
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents:
Can a person change their name without any obstacles:
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender:
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed:
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed:
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed:
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed:
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed:
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent:

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: No
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: No
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: No, freedom of expression is banned for everyone

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: No
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: No
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: No
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: No
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: No

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:05 pm

Idoho (0 - Minimal): Idoho appears to provide no rights or protections to its LGBT+ community, and in fact appears to encourage discrimination. We at the KCC hope to see improvement in the future, though this seems unlikely.

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:16 pm

As a sort of reaction to the USA in our world, we've become super pro LGBT, although there aren't many here. We see it as something We're better at than our uber conservative US counterpart.

[spoiler=LGBT+ Rights Survey]

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: yes
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: yes
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: yes
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: yes
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: yes
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: yes
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people: yes

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: yes
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: yes
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: no
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: yes
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: no
Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption: yes
Can same-sex couples legally apply for second-parent adoption: yes
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: yes
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: yes
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: yes
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: yes, we don't care

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: yes
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: yes
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: yes
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate crime legislation: yes
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: yes
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: yes
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: yes

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: yes, but it is limited due to funding. Luckily people here are friendly, and willing to help.
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: yes
Can a person change their name without any obstacles: easily.
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: you can change if you want, although its odd. So yes.
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: yes
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: no
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed: no
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed: no
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: Age 16
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: yes

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: yes
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: yes
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: yes

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: yes, especially from Imperial America
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: yes
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: yes
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: yes
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: yes
Last edited by Democratic East-Asia on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

Pan Asia Broadcasting Channel: "We will achieve communism in 20 years." - Chairman Wei Yenwu, Central Government | Automation of industries threatens millions of jobs, says economic advisors

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:21 pm

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: Yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: Yes
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: Yes
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Yes
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: Yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: Yes
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: Yes
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people: Yes

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: Yes and have been since 1934
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: Yes
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: No
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: Yes
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: No
Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption: Ues and have been since 1967
Can same-sex couples legally apply for second-parent adoption: Yes
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: Yes
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Yes, it is paid for by the government
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Yes, same as above
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: Yes

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: Yes, hate crimes are a 1st class felony
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: Yes
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: Yes
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate crime legislation: Yes, hate crimes are a 1st class felony
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: Yes
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: Yes
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: Yes

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: Yes
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: Yes, a form can be filled out at the local government records office.
Can a person change their name without any obstacles: Yes
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: No
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: 14 with a psychologist recommendation, 18
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: Age of informed consent in Thermodolia is 14. Below that age if a psychologist recommends, the parents understand and consent, this parental consent can be overridden by a joint recommendation from the primary care doctor and psychologist, and the the minor has a good understanding of what is going on then they can receive such treatment.

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: Yes
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: Yes
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: Yes

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: Yes
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: Yes
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Intergalactic Universe Corporation
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Universe Corporation » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes, with religious organisations exempt from this clause to respect their religion
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes, with religious organisations exempt from this clause to respect their religion
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: Yes, with religious organisations which sell goods exempt from this clause to respect their religion
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: Yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: Yes
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: Yes
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Yes
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Yes, with religious organisations exempt from this clause to respect their religion
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: Yes, with religious organisations selling goods exempt from this clause to respect their religion
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: Yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: Yes
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: Yes, but they are not allowed to riot or protest, but they can stage peaceful sit ins and marches
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people: Yes

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: Yes
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: Yes
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: Yes
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: No
Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption: Yes
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: Yes
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Yes
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Yes
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: Yes

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: Yes
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: Yes
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: Yes
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate crime legislation: Yes
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: Yes
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: Yes

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: Yes
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: Yes
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: No
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed: No
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: No
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: Yes

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: Yes, provided they are not rioting or protesting.
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: Yes
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: Yes

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: Yes
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: Yes
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes
Pro: Capitalism, Nationalism, Conservatism, Trump, Thatcherism, Reagan, Pinochet, Lee Kuan Yew, Republican Party, Conservative Party, USA, UK

Anti: Liberalism, Socialism, Communism, Mao, Marx, Hillary, Democratic Party, EU, DPRK, USSR
Class D4 Nation according to The Civilization Index
I'm a Proud Member of the DEUN! Are you?
I'm a proud member of LMTU. Are you?
Liberal Democrats: The Party of Common Sense! in the NSG Senate!

_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.

OOC: I do not use NS Stats.
HoloNet News: Congress To Meet Next Monday | Public Sector Sees Slower Wage Growth In 2036 | Public Debt Expected To Reduce Again | Consumer Spending Up For Chinese New Year Season

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Cártána (1 000 - World Benchmark): After the results of the previous LGBT+ Rights Survey taken by the Ascendancy, Cártána has made corrections to its laws in order to provide maximum protection to the LGBT+ community.

Democratic East-Asia (934 - Excellent): The Democratic East-Asians have a strong record of protecting LGBT+ rights and opportunities, however, they lose their 66 points in the area of Legal Gender Recognition and Bodily Integrity, namely, they require gender identity disorder to be diagnosed and medical intervention to be performed before a change in gender will be recognized. In addition, they implement an age restriction for legal change in gender, yet allow intersex minors to receive medical or surgical intervention prior to the age of consent (which violates the bodily integrity of said minors). Nevertheless, Democratic East-Asia is by no means a bastion of discrimination, and we have a strong outlook that protections for the LGBT+ community will continue to grow.

Thermodolia (968.5 - Superb): Thermodolia's LGBT+ community is one of the most well-protected, with almost every right and opportunity preserved. The age restriction on gender change and the fact that intersex minors can be required to have medical or surgical intervention without their consent are areas for improvement, though we are hopeful that these areas will be addressed in the near term. Overall, Thermodolians are very protective of their LGBT+ citizens, and should stand as an example to the world.

The Intergalactic Universe Corporation (950.3 - Superb): While protections are in place for the LGBT+ community, of concern is the fact that religious organizations are granted exceptions to many of the protections afforded. It is strongly believed by the KCC that religion is not an excuse for discrimination, and thus these exceptions provide several blemishes on the IUC's final score. In addition, as with the previous two nations, the fact that intersex minors can be required to undergo interventions before the age of consent is of strong concern. Overall, excluding the religious exemptions, the IUC provides strong protections to the LGBT+ community.

Ipland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ipland » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes and No, private businesses have the right to refuse most things, but public services must be provided to everyone.
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: No, private businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone.
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: No (It is not needed)
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Yes and No (same)
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: No (same reason)
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: No (Same reason)
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: Yes

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: Yes
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: No, just get married.
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: Yes, because marriage rights are provided to married couples
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: yes
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Yes
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Yes

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: There isn't much hate speech legislation at all, unless you count threats, if it is for threats then yes.
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: Kinda (Same reason)

Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: Yes
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: Yes
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: Yes
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: Yes
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: Yes
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: No, must be 18

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: Yes

Asylum

[align=center]Ipland

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:31 pm

Ipland (845 - Good): While most areas of LGBT+ protections in Ipland are strong, there are several significant weak points that prevent Ipland from obtaining a higher score. Exempting private business from almost every protection granted means that those protections, in operation, do not exist for the average LGBT+ person. In addition, the restrictions on obtaining a legal change in gender (including age, surgical and nonsurgical interventions, and diagnosed gender identity disorders) mean that people in the LGBT+ community are not able to legally act as though they are the gender they identify with. We hope that the situation in Ipland will improve so that the LGBT+ community is afforded these protections.

Belravina
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Belravina » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: No
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: No
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: No
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: No
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: We only recognize two gender, male and female
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: We only recognize two genders, male and female
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: We only recognize two genders, male and female
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: We would, but we only recognize two genders, male and female
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: We would, but we only recognize two genders, male and female
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: We only recognize two genders, male and female
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: We only recognize two genders, male and female
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: No
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people:
No. Intersex people are required by law to become whichever gender they are most like.

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: No
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: No
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: No
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: Yes
Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption: No
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: No

Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: Hate crime only
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: No

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: No
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: N/A
Can a person change their name without any obstacles: N/A
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: N/A
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: N/A
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: N/A
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed: N/A
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed: N/A
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: N/A
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: N/A

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: No
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: No
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: No

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: No
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: No
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: No
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: No
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: No

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:55 pm

Note: all replies below are current status of the New Edomite government.

The New Edomite government has been working with Esperance International until very recently. There have been issues with funding for the NGO and so at the moment the question as to how funding into research as to relations between non-traditional sexual orientations in New Edom and traditional sexual orientations will be undertaken in the light of any new policies. Please bear in mind for the purposes of any research that the New Edomite government only adopted a democratic constitution last year and is adapting in many ways. However until three years ago non traditoinal sexual orientations were openly persecuted through arrests, penal battalion service, exile, being fired from jobs, loss of custody of children and enforced separation from families. A special commision from the Chamber of Deputies (the national legislative body) is investigating human rights issues with regard to non-traditional sexual orientations, also known as LGBTQ persons in some nations abroad.

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes, but with the exception of military service, government service or running for political office
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: Only insofar as food, shelter, basic transport and basic medical needs goes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: the latter
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: That is a difficult question to answer in a few words.
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Somewhat. See above.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity:See above.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: See above
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: See above
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate:the latter
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression:No
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people:No

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: No
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: No
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: Yes
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: No
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: No
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: No

Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: Working on that. Maybe.

Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: No
Can a person change their name without any obstacles: No
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: Doesn't exist
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed:Yes
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: NA
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed:Yes
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed: Yes
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed:Yes
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent:NA

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities:As long as they act like normal people and don't announce that they are LGBT plus, certainly.
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: No

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country:No
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum:No
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country:No
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum:No
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country:No
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Communist Ylisse
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Ylisse » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:56 pm

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: yes
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: yes
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: yes
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: yes
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: yes
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: yes
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: yes
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people: It is not officially recognized, but it is illegal to discriminate based of it

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: yes
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: yes
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: yes
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: no
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: yes
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: doesn't exist, but in theory, yes
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: doesn't exist, but in theory, yes
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: this assumes their sexuality, but I suppose, but marriages are not legally defined as far as gender goes, so concepts like different-sex marriage don't exist

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: yes
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: yes
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: yes
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: yes
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: yes
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: yes

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: yes
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: yes
Can a person change their name without any obstacles: yes
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: no
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: np
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: no
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed: no
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed: no
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: no
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: no

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: yes
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: there are government restrictions, as right wing organisations are illegal, being LGBT+ does not make it exempt from this
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: yes

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: depends
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: yes
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: depends
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: yes
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: depends
Last edited by Communist Ylisse on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Collectivism score: 83%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -100%
Liberalism score: 50%

Pro: Communism, Marxism, Luxemburgism, Trotskyism, Feminism, LGBTQ rights, Atheism, Gun rights, Economic Democracy, Russian Revolution, Hungarian Revolution, Antifa, CWI, Cascadia
Neutral: Anarchism, Religion, Cuban Revolution, Execution, Entryism, Free Territory of Ukraine
Anti: Liberalism, Capitalism, Left-communism, USSR, Stalinism, Social Democracy, Imperialism, Zionism, Nationalism, Fascism, Democratic Party, Republican Party, "Anarcho"-capitalism,

[_★_]
( -_- ) Support communism, by putting this into your signature. Become a revolutionary!
I do not use NS stats

Vavax
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Vavax » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: It is not included in the constitution.
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes, and religious organizations in particular are very closely monitored.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: Yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: It is mandated.
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Not in the constitution.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: Yes
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: It has not yet been mandated, however it works on the issue on it's own will.

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: Yes, equal marriage rights are guaranteed, and religious organizations are required to perform ceremonies regardless of their beliefs.
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: Technically yes, though marriage is legal.
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: No, and the few attempts that have occurred were overwhelmingly defeated.

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: Yes, and judges overseeing cases of this are known to be specifically brutal on those who are found guilty.
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: Yes, however the strength of the law varies by state
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: Yes, however the strength of the law varies by state.
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: Not directly, but

Can a person change their name without any obstacles: It is completely legal, nearly all obstacles are from offices being overburdened which causes delays
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: No, and there is an easy process to change genders.
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: No, though minors are required to receive a brief and private special education class on what it would entail
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: No, legal incidents in the past have forced the government to require the individual to be a legal adult first.

Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: Yes and these laws are strictly enforced

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes, though it requires more paperwork
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes, though it requires more paperwork
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes, though it requires more paperwork
Last edited by Vavax on Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You should join The Labyrinth.

Terra Pii
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Pii » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:26 pm

Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Only for government-run institutions. Privately-owned businesses are free to do as they please in this regard.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: No
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: It provides rights to all naturalized citizens, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic.
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: No
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Only for government-run institutions. Privately-owned businesses are free to do as they please in this regard.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: No
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: It provides the same rights to all citizens regardless.
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: Only cisgender men and women
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people: No

Family

Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: Birth yes, adoption no (unless they are a man and a woman)

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: No
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: No

Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents:
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender:
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed:
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed:
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed:
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed:
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent:

Asylum

I am a Right-Leaning Totalitarian Isolationist Ultranationalist Fundamentalist

Collectivism score: -33%
Authoritarianism score: 83%
Internationalism score: -67%
Tribalism score: 100%
Liberalism score: -100%

Political Compass:

Economic Left/Right: 0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 6.82

Come live in The Oxford Isles!

New confederate ramenia
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New confederate ramenia » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:49 pm

Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: No (but theres no laws preventing anyone from purchasing goods or services regardless of orientation)
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation: everyone can education but sexual orientation isnt mentioned in that law
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: Yes, everyone can education but orientation isnt mentioned in that law
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: No
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: No
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: No, but see sexual orientation section
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: No but see orientation section
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: No but see orientation section
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: No
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: No
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people:
Yes

Family

Can same-sex couples legally apply for second-parent adoption: Partially
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: No
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: No, artificial insemination is banned for everyone
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: Partially (marriage and gender law are somewhat complex)

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: No (no hate crime legislation)
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: NO
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: NO

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: Yes, but it's not a thing with the national government, it's more of a local thing and differs by place.
Is divorce or single status required for a person's gender to be legally changed: Yes
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: Yes
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: Yes

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: Partially. Legally anyone can freely assemble, but not if their assembly violates public indecency laws
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: Partially
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: I don't know what "freedom of expression" is supposed to mean so I'll say yes because we don't have a law against that.

Asylum

probando

Vos Istra
Attaché

Founded: May 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vos Istra » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: no
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: no
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: no
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of sexual orientation: no
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of sexual orientation: no
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: no
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: no
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: no
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: no
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: no
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: no
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: no
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: no
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: no
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: no
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people: no

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: no
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: no
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: yes
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: yes
Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption: no
Can same-sex couples legally apply for second-parent adoption: no
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: from birth only
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: no
Can individuals, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: yes
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: no

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: no
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: no
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: no
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate crime legislation: no
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: no
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: no
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: no

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: no

Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: yes
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: cross dressing is frowned upon

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: yes
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: no
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: yes
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: no
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: yes
Leader: His Majesty, Andrew the Great, King of Vos Istra.
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
Secretary-General of the League of Christian Nations
Support: Christianity, Conservatism, Capitolism, 2nd Amendment, Traditional Values, Pro-Life, Small Government, Low Taxes
Oppose: Godlessness, Progressivism, Socialism, Communism, Gun Control, Gay Marriage, Abortion, Radical Islam, Big Governmant, High Taxes

Jankau-Helmutsberg
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jankau-Helmutsberg » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:23 pm

Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: Yes, for public sector
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: Public sector only
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: The Municipal Commitee on Civil Rights is dedicated to ensuring the law is executed equally for all citizens
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Public sector only
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: Public sector only
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: The Municipal Commitee on Civil Rights is dedicated to ensuring the law is executed equally for all citizens
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities:
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: Depends on the definition, gender expression may or may not fall within the purview of "right to personal expression", which is included in the Municipal Constitution of 1987

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: Same-sex couples are offered civil unions, which are in much of the law equal to married heterosexual couples
Are same-sex couples included in laws and legislation regarding cohabitation: Cohabitation is not regulated by law
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: Marriage is an union between a man and a woman. Civil unions are between two adults
Can same-sex couples legally apply for joint adoption: Yes, for children aged 13 and more
Can same-sex couples legally apply for second-parent adoption: Yes, for children aged 13 and more
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: No, the biological parent is legally recognized as the custodian up to the moment of adoption
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: Married heterosexual couples only

Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate crime legislation: There is no hate crime legislation
Is sexual orientation expressly defended by hate speech legislation: There is no hate crime legislation
Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: There is no hate crime legislation
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate crime legislation: There is no hate crime legislation
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: There is no hate crime legislation
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: There is no hate crime legislation
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: There is no hate crime legislation

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: No, the legal gender (male, female or unknown) is defined by medical evaluation of biological features. One can be re-evaluated an indefinite number of times
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: Yes, based on medical evaluation
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: Yes
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: Sometimes
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: Sometimes
Is sterilisation or proof of infertility required for a person's gender to be legally changed: Sometimes
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: Citizens above the age of 25
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: No

Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: No. The constitutionally-guaranteed freedom of expression does not specify what branches of expression are there.

Asylum

Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes, as it falls under category of "Denial of personal rights"
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes, as it falls under category of "Denial of personal rights"
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: Yes, as it falls under category of "Denial of personal rights"
Positive, organicist nationalism, souverainism, tough love, ordoliberal capitalism, environmental conservation, presidentialism, IRV/STV.
NS' semi-resident Polish Catholic half-abomination, who also speaks Turkish, some Kazakh and some Italian.
Slowly moving business to Black Hetmanate.

FelrikTheDeleted
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby FelrikTheDeleted » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:24 am

Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on sexual orientation: No, only when hiring.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of sexual orientation: Only the essentials, specific businesses can send people off if they like.
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all sexual orientations, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: the latter
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all sexual orientations: Yes, as long as they don't violate the top two laws; Freedom Of Speech and Freedom Of Expression.
Does your country's constitution (or equivalent) include provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: No, only in hiring and certain other situations.
Does your country's employment law include express provisions banning discrimination based on gender identity: Yes. ( Side note: the two sexes and there synonymous genders are recognised by the state, a law that's unchangable )
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone to purchase goods or services regardless of gender identity: No, specific businesses can send off people if they want unless those people are buying essentials.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone an education regardless of gender identity: Yes.
Does your country's law include express provisions allowing anyone access to healthcare regardless of gender identity: Yes.
Is your country's human rights institution or equality body mandated to provide rights and protection to all gender identities, or is it systematically working on this regardless of a mandate: No, only those the two sexes and their synonymous genders.
Does your government operate an active policy of improving human rights, protection and equality explicitly to all gender identities: yes as long as it doesn't violate the two main laws mentioned above.
Does your country's law include express provisions upholding the right to gender expression: Yes, but only the two genders synonymous with the sexes are recognised, but people are free to express themselves.
Does your country's law and government policy include express provisions concerning rights and protections for intersex people: no
[/color]

Family

Can same-sex couples in your country marry with the same rights as married different-sex couples: No, in Felrik marriage is between male and female.
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with the same rights as married different-sex couples: yes, although not marriage it's the type for LGBT+
Can same-sex couples in your country enter into a civil partnership with weaker rights as married different-sex couples: no, only the one above.
Does your country's constitution or law limit marriage to a gender, such as a union between a man and a woman: yes, marriage is only for a man and women, LGBT+ people can have civil partnership.
Can couples of all sexual orientations and gender identities be legally recognised as the parents of their children from birth or adoption: yes.
Can couples, regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity, receive fertility treatment including artificial insemination: yes
Can transgender people marry based on their gender identity after their legal gender recognition, thus entering a different-sex marriage: no, marriage based on biological sex. ( Where ever I say sex I mean biological sex )

Is sexual orientation expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: yes, hate speech isn't really countered, although ads and other media tell others to be tolerant.
Is gender identity expressly defended by hate speech legislation: no
Is gender identity expressly included within a government strategy to counter hate crime and hate speech: same as above, state only recognises the genders synonymous with the biological sexes.
Is intersex status expressly defended by hate law: by hate crime, yes, hate speech, no.

Is there a legal procedure for recognising a person's gender based on their own gender identity: not sure how to answer, if this is recognising genders other then the ones synonymous with the sexes then no.
Are there administrative procedures to change a person's gender based on their own gender identity, such as on official documents: no.
Is a medically-diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder required before a person can legally change their gender: yes
Is non-surgical medical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: can't decide
Is surgical intervention required for a person's gender to be legally changed: can't decide
Is there an explicit age restriction before a person's gender can be legally changed: yes, 16.
Can intersex minors receive non-necessary medical or surgical intervention before they reach the age of informed consent: no, when they get too the age of 16 let them decide.

Can LGBT+ people freely assemble, hold public events without obstruction and rely on the protection of public authorities: as long as they abide by the laws it's good, no riots.
Can LGBT+ organisations or publications operate without legal or administrative restrictions, free from intimidation and criminalisation: intimidation is not protected by free speech because they are threatening someone, criminalisation if they do something against the law.
Does your country's law permit freedom of expression based on sexual orientation or gender identity: yes, gender identity is allowed, it just won't be recognised beyond the two genders synonymous with the sexes.

Asylum

[color=#5e5e5e]Does persecution because of sexual orientation qualify a person for asylum to your country: If there is a chance for that person to be killed for it then yes.
Is sexual orientation expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: not sure how to answer.
Does persecution because of gender identity qualify a person for asylum to your country: not, unless it's the two mentioned multiple times.
Is gender identity expressly included in positive government policy or instructions promoting asylum: not unless the two mentioned.
Does persecution because of intersex status qualify a person for asylum to your country: yes.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:35 am

Belravina (105 - Minimal): Belravina is a haven for discrimination, much of it stemming from the fact that only two genders are officially recognized, immediately eliminating protections for transgendered or people otherwise considered 'non-normal' on that basis. It is feared that LGBT+ people living in Belravina are heavily discriminated against, including by their government, and the KCC strongly encourages the government of Belravina to improve the state of LGBT+ rights and protections.

New Edom (265 - Very Weak): The New Edomite government offers few protections to LGBT+ citizens, though there are certain areas of hope. Equality provisions are present, though with numerous caveats, and a few protections against hate crimes are in place. Recognition of gender and bodily integrity is nonexistent, protections and rights for same-sex families do not exist, and freedom of assembly and provisions for asylum are similarly nonexistent. It is hoped that, with the new democratic constitution in New Edom, the situation will improve.

Communist Ylisse (995 - World Benchmark): Communist Ylisse is a bastion of protection for the LGBT+ community, affording them equal rights and opportunities in almost every respect. The response to the question regarding asylum from persecution due to intersex status is confusing, and thus loses a few points, but a more clarifying response (especially in the affirmative) would award this country a perfect or near-perfect score. Well done.

Vavax (932 - Excellent): Vavax is a strong defender of LGBT+ rights and opportunities, though a few responses and confusing answers prevent them from obtaining a perfect score. The lack of constitutional provisions banning discrimination is concerning, though the other anti-discrimination policies are comfortably covered. A strong national anti-hate-speech law would be desired, however, it appears that laws of varying strengths are in place in the various states of Vavax, earning most of the points for those questions. The question regarding intersex status and hate law appears to have an incomplete response, and thus only merits partial points, though a clarifying response would likely improve the score. The instruction of minors on the changing of legal genders is seen as beneficial rather than restrictive (as a direct age restriction would entail). The additional paperwork required of LGBT+ asylum seekers is concerning, though it is hoped this will improve. Overall, Vavax's LGBT+ rights and protections are strong in nearly every respect.

Terra Pii (157.5 - Minimal): Terra Pii protects the freedoms of assembly, association, and expression of LGBT+ citizens. That's about it. The human rights agencies supposedly provide equal rights and protections to all citizens, though there is nothing preventing the government from removing those rights and protections - and, in fact, several are expressly denied. The remainder of the answers, combined with the potentially-false-positive response regarding human rights agencies, suggest a grim outlook for LGBT+ rights and protections in Terra Pii.

New Confederate Ramenia (228.5 - Very Weak): The government of New Confederate Ramenia affords a few rights and protections to the LGBT+ community, though several are only partially present. Same-sex marriage (or cohabitation of any kind) is not addressed in laws, and is not protected. Marriage is restricted to heterosexual relationships, hate crime legislation is nonexistent, asylum protections virtually not present, and freedoms of assembly and association are only partially present. Of additional concern is that the Ramenian government did not appear to know the meaning of 'freedom of expression'. It is hoped that the situation improves, but as things stand, the status of LGBT+ rights and protections in New Confederate Ramenia is very weak.

Vos Istra (180 - Minimal): The government of Vos Istra provides minuscule protections to its LGBT+ citizens. Marriage is restricted to a heterosexual relationship, though same-sex couples can enter weaker civil partnerships. Provisions for artificial insemination are there, and partial recognition of parenthood is present. Freedoms of assembly, association, and expression are present and enforced, and some asylum provisions are extended. However, discrimination protections are non-present, there are many restrictions on familial provisions, hate crime legislation does not exist, and there is no legal recognition of gender as distinct from sex. Overall, it is unsure if the situation in Vos Istra will improve, however there is plenty of room for improvement should the government make the effort.

Jankau-Helmutsberg (375 - Weak: While some protections are provided to LGBT+ citizens with regards to anti-discrimination provisions, none of them are in the constitution, and some have caveats that exempt parts of society. Asylum provisions are strong, and freedoms of association, assembly, and expression are enforced. However, legal gender recognition is not present, nor is hate crimes legislation, and protections related to families are limited. While there are some strong points, overall, we must recommend significant improvement of the situation in Jankau-Helmutsberg.

Felrik (513.5 - Developing): Felrik provides significant protections for same-sex couples, but these are not stipulated in the constitution, nor are they extended to non-normal gender identities. Additionally, some of these provisions have caveats. It is a similar situation throughout the survey, with legal gender recognition nonexistent beyond sex-normal genders. Provisions for asylum and freedom of expression are similarly restricted. Overall, there are some areas of strength for the LGBT+ community, though improvement within Felrik is still desired.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information