NATION

PASSWORD

Ordis Regional Recruitment Thread [MT|Open to All]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tenzai
Civilian

Founded: Nov 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenzai » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:53 pm

National information
Official Name: The Yeshogenate of Tenzai
Shortened Name: Tenzai
RP Population: 67 Million
Culture and Ethnicity: The core of Tenzai culture lies within the Buke Code, a law that is interpreted in various ways, defining the country for thousands of years. This code is upheld by the highest caste in society, themselves known as the Buke. They are a warrior upper class that has dominated and subjugated the Tenzai since antiquity, evolving through various forms to adapt to changing times. The Buke Code is heavily involved in Tenzainesia's home-born religion. The Citadel, focuses on the teachings of the very first Buke Warrior, Gojou Hiratsune. With his teachings and ideals, Lord Master Gojou united all of Tenzai.

Gojou founded the eight Buke Laws within the code, which today roughly translate to: Honor, Integrity, Courage, piety, loyalty, honesty, wisdom and benevolence. With deep thought and meditation, it is believed Gojou sought to enhance these ideals to become the people's warrior and create the Shogunate. The Citadel focuses on these varying ideals, however the formalization of the religion didn't begin until several generations later, when spiritualist aspects came the influence the development of the religion. For example, it's believed that Gojou has transcended as a god to the heavens. Gojou is seen as the only true God, with other prohpets and great samurai's being labeled as Great Spirits or idols, angelic Sentinels who watch over the Tenzainese people, protect and guide them along the Buke Code. A central symbol to the The Citadel is fire, which is what Gojou's sword was made out of(keep in mind this is a mythological sense), he was also told to ride a 'Fire Dragon'.

The Citadel, acting as the central church, upholds these ideals on behalf of mortals and backs up the Buke Caste as a holy order of warriors. It is seen as the Buke Caste duty to protect the people and lords, delivering their ideals as heroes, but it is also seen as divine right. Very few can become Buke, as the training process is strenuous and secret. Most Buke were born into the status however. In modern day Tenzai, the Buke serve as warriors, statesmen and more. Historically in more modern history, Buke have served a more political role with the threat of militaristic force, in order to hold the traditionalist structure of the country together.

The Shogun, is seen as a distant cousin of Gojou, the first Buke. With the Citadel, there is the Shogun, who is kept in power by the Buke.

Because of heavy animist influence in The Citadel, the country is mostly vegetarian with any meat obtained being in small portions. Meat eating is frowned upon, but is done every-once and awhile in the form of seafood to provide subsistence. Common ingredients such as rice, fruits and vegetables are large part of the diet with an array of heavy spices. The food of Tenzai is always hot, deriving from making eating slower to garnish rations and fulfill hunger in ancient times.

Government Type: Militaristic Hereditary Dictatorship
Head of State: The Shogun
Head of Government: The Shogun
National Overview: Capitalistic Traditionalist

Armed Forces: Total forces: 201,000 | Active: 51,000 | Reserve: 150,000

Personal Information
RP/Writing Samples: deliver me a prompt is it's wished
Previous Regions: Independent Order
Active Puppets: (If none, leave blank.)
Any trouble with the moderators? (Please specify what sort, if so.)

Misc.
Factbook: [working on that]
RP Preferences: Character driven with various genre's
Is there any way for us to improve this application, please let us know:
How did you find out about Ordis?: scrolling through small RP regions
Last edited by Tenzai on Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:53 pm

Hey there, Tenzai! As per our regional requirements as well as what we discussed on the regional chat, I am going to provide you with a writing prompt in order for you to respond and provide to us a proper RP sample. Whether you choose to make it its own independent post or a part of your application is up to you, but if you do the latter, please notify me once it is entirely complete so I can review it. Without further ado:

Your neighbour, the Republic of Kuminda is a small-ish nation that was, at one point, under the colonial yoke of a much larger imperialist nation. Your administration and the republic have shared good relations for some time. This imperialistic nation, the Kingdom of Hall, lost the lengthy war against the Republic of Kuminda after a very bloody guerrilla war some two decades back. Despite a negotiated peace, Hall reimposed a trade blockade on their former colony for some six months before a full-scale invasion of Kuminda, in which the entire country was reoccupied. It has been a year since the occupation, and Kuminda guerrillas have been launching raids against Hallish soldiers occupying their country. These guerrillas have their bases in your nation. Whether your administration knew of their presence or not, the Kingdom of Hall, a much larger nation than yourself, has demanded that you hand over or disperse the guerrillas immediately or face "forced action" from the Kingdom of Hall.

Your government has called an extraordinary session in order to discern what their next moves in the great geopolitical game will be. On one hand, appeasing the Hallish would certainly mean avoiding their wrath. On the other hand, however, handing over the guerrillas will raise questions over your nation's sovereignty, and abandoning a nation that has been your long-time ally; this is not to mention that your administration don't even know where most of the guerrilla bases are, which would make eliminating them costly and lengthy.

There is no hard deadline for this prompt, but the sooner you complete it the better, and after some time of inactivity, I may consider the application null and void regardless.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Greater Allidron
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Allidron » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:00 pm

National information
Official Name: Republic of Greater Allidron
Shortened Name: Greater Allidron; Allidron
RP Population: 83.4 million
Culture and Ethnicity: (Check IIwiki)
Government Type: (sort of) Stratocratic Representative Republic
Head of State: Olek Gogorov
Head of Government: (Haven't gotten that far)
National Overview: (Check IIwiki)
Armed Forces: (Check IIwiki)

Personal Information
RP/Writing Samples: viewtopic.php?p=28834851#p28834851

viewtopic.php?p=28727608&sid=6371db79f283435249c9ac4a5233f86f#p28727608

viewtopic.php?p=29262456#p29262456

Previous Regions: Earthica, Sunalaya, Aetherius, and Atlas. This account has only resided in Aetherius and Atlas.
Active Puppets:
Any trouble with the moderators? Only one warning.

Misc.
Factbook: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Greater_Allidron (under construction and needs a lot of updating)
RP Preferences: Military rp's and geopolitical rp's
How did you find out about Ordis?: Word of mouth (and embassy)
Ordis is my home region.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Welcome, Allidron, to Ordis!
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?

Daeseong
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:10 pm

National information
Official Name: The Empire of Daeseong
Shortened Name: Daeseong
RP Population: 82 million
Culture and Ethnicity: Majority Korean + some North Chinese/Tungusic + maybe SE Asian minorities (i.e. Manchus, Taiwanese Aboriginals, etc.)
Government Type: Neo-Confucian Constitutional Monarchy
Head of State: Emperor Choe Sang Jun
Head of Government: Kim Hye-Rin
National Overview: Is it too lazy to just direct you to my iiwiki?. Essentially, Daeseong is a constitutional monarchy that once held a sizable colonial empire, but lost it all during the 20th century due to mismanagement. The nation is one of great dichotomy, being simultaneously adamant about tradition (preserving Neo-Confucian doctrines and retaining the vestiges of the monarchy) and yet progressive in other aspects, such as technological progress, LGBT issues, and social policy. Daeseong would have K-pop, great universities, and a deep-set love of capitalism.
Armed Forces:
  • Royal Forces at Arms-- 45,000 personnel (conventional ground forces)
  • Righteous Army Corps -- 145,000 (paramilitary formation, includes Buddhist monks and volunteers)
  • Royal Aviation Corps -- 60,000 personnel (ground-based aircraft)
  • Royal Naval Services -- 300,000 personnel (naval forces, carriers, channel defense, etc.)
  • Royal Marine Corps -- 12,000 personnel (amphibious assault force)

Personal Information
RP/Writing Samples: RP Resume
Previous Regions: Sondria, Escar, Greysteel, Tiandi, Maredoratica, probably more
Active Puppets: None
Any trouble with the moderators? No

Misc.
Factbook: Included in application above.
RP Preferences: Military, Diplomatic, New Posts
Is there any way for us to improve this application, please let us know: Maybe adding in GDP/per capita figures would be useful.
How did you find out about Ordis?: Accident.
Last edited by Daeseong on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rhaudum
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhaudum » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 am

National information
Official Name: The Most Serene Princely State of Rhaudum
Shortened Name: Rhaudum
RP Population: 13,412,932
Culture and Ethnicity: Rhauman is a blend of Italian, Ladin and other Romance cultures, mixed with the division of the Balkans. The majority of people in Rhaudum are Rhauish, however the divide is largely based along religious and political lines, one half supporting the continued absolute monarchical rule of the Grand Prince, while others would prefer it to be more constitutional or even a Republic.
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy, headed by the Grand Prince
Head of State: Grand Prince Umberto II
Head of Government: Grand Prince Umberto II
National Overview: The country of Rhaudum is a relatively new nation, not even breaking two centuries of independence, however the idea is much older. The country is coastal, with much of the inland being mountainous and ocupied by several mountain range, the largest and of which being the Forte Mountains, a integral part of the culture as it decides the border of the nation. The highest point is Mount Gue and, built along one of the ridges, lies Fort de Sarco. The fort was built by the initial rulers of the land, expanded by the colonial rulers, and is manned by the Rhaudum military. The fort has never been seized or abandoned and is considered the Symbol of the Rhaudum people.

Rhaudum started off as a series of smaller states inhabiting the region that were forcibly unified by the larger, and stronger, state of the Rhau Kingdom, eventually transforming into the Rhauish Empire. The Empire barely expanded past modern day borders, however it maintained its independence by fortifying the mountain borders and maintaining a strong fleet to maintain its coastal borders. This proved ineffective as the Empire eventually declined to the modern day borders and was eventually surpassed by [STRONG EMPIRE] at 1021. The occupier utilised the hardy nature of the Rhauish people and the colony was used as a pool of potential soldiers, at one point almost half of the population being involved with the foreign military.

Centuries of servitude were ended when the Rhauish Independence movement began to take hold and, after a brief war, was achieved two decades before EW1. Sensing a moment to enter onto the world stage, the Rhauish State entered into the war, entering into the victorious side, however it was felt as though the rewards for winning were more of a snub and a great insult was felt by the nation. As such, fascism began to take hold in the country to redeem its honour and the State eventually became the Nationalist State of Rhaudum. This was short lived, as the outcome of EW2 led to the dismantling of the fascist government.

One thing that remained, however, was the dictatorial role of the Fascists, with the newly named Grand Prince taking control of all aspects of government life in the State. This, coupled with economic stagnation and general unhappiness of the population, has pushed the State closer and closer to the brink of civil war.

Armed Forces: Rhauish Armed Forces (Forze Armate Rhau) is a largely volunteer force, made up of 200,000 soldiers, split between the Army, Navy and Air Force. Of the services, the Regio Esercito is the largest of all, with 110,000 men being part of the force alone. The Marina Militare is second with 50,000 men, followed by the Aeronautica Militare 40,000. National Service is maintained, however the conscripts are retained in the even of an invasion and, as such, are allowed to keep their equipment at home.

Personal Information
RP/Writing Samples: All Quiet on the Beigang Straits
News Article
Playing as Veleaz and Newrey in Second Age of Gods
War of Unification
Previous Regions: Atlas, Aeia, Admayora
Active Puppets: Newrey, Veleaz (I intend for Rhaudum to become my main)
Any trouble with the moderators? No

Misc.
Factbook: n/a
RP Preferences:Anything really
Is there any way for us to improve this application, please let us know: Not sure, seemed pretty decent
How did you find out about Ordis?:
Last edited by Rhaudum on Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meriad
Spokesperson

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Meriad » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:52 pm

For some strange reason, I have never actually posted anything here. So now it will, show up in my 'your posts' thing. Yay.

On another note, I loathe Yalos (Read:Daeseong) with a fiery passion, but you should definitely let him in so I can have a fellow reasonable constitutional monarchy to chat with. :p
THE KINGDOM OF MERIADTHE OUTER RIM CONFEDERACY (FT)
Ordic TechnocratMeriad on the Ordic Encyclopedia[CAUTION: Roleplaying Hivemind!]
Demonyms: Singular: Meriadni - Plural: Meriadnir - Noun: Meriadni

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:47 pm

Daeseong wrote:-snip-

Welcome to the region, Daesong! You're accepted.

Rhaudum wrote:-snip-

You're accepted as well, Rhaudum! Don't be shy, pop in on the RMB or the Chatzy some more!

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:21 pm

This looks interesting. Tag for later app.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Great, I look forward to seeing the application!

Carwynnen
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Carwynnen » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:38 pm

retcon
Last edited by Carwynnen on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Welcome to the region, Carwynnen!

Marsane
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsane » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:35 pm

National information
Official Name: The Republic of Marsane
Shortened Name: Marsane, Maresian Republic
RP Population: 62,400,358
Culture and Ethnicity: French, Basque
Government Type: Unitary, semi-presidential parliamentary republic
Head of State: President Baptiste Gide
Head of Government: Prime Minister Matthieu Prévot

National Overview: Marsane was founded following the Treaty of Luciana, which consolidated the southern states of the Maresian isles into one singular entity. Previous to that, the isles were fractured into duchies and counties. The Kingdom of Marsane under the Besson Dynasty was relatively stable; the Besson's were notable for further centralizing the country, being patrons of the arts & sciences, and adopting a policy of religious freedom towards the end of their rule. Also notable is their creation of the Maresian tradition of Christianity (which I haven't worked all the theological ideas out yet; it's probably similar to Anglicanism) which evolved from the Maresian theologian Jean-Paul Lagard's idea of Lagardanism. The Besson Dynasty ended after Oliver IV failed to produce an heir. There was a war of succession following soon after that gave way to the De Millaus Dynasty's rule.

The De Millaus rule was ended when Richard V was overthrown by the Revolution of 1741 due to his poor economic planning and decision making (maybe he got the country into a bad war/conflict that wasn't worth fighting too.) The Revolution established the Maresian Republic, and gave way to the current form of government. Marsane would establish a rather small (and in the end unsuccessful) colonial empire which consisted of mainly far off island territories. However, the resources from these colonies as well as the new trade routes established would allow the Maresian Republic to rebuild from the destruction of the Revolution and the tyrannical rule of Richard V.

In modern times, Marsane has moderate power. The republic's made several drastic cuts to it's military since the 1980s after a foreign policy of modified non-interventionism was adopted. In the late 40s and 50s the nation lost most of its colonial territories (save for a two small island claims) after the local populations waged war against Maresian occupation. These conflicts were rather bloody and led to a Maresian defeat and a general disdain for the Christian Democratic Party (the conservative party) for the next few decades.

Armed Forces: 180,000 (120,000 active, 60,000 reserve. Standing army, volunteer)

Personal Information
RP/Writing Samples:
Here
Previous Regions: Lucerna (I used a nation called 'Sorgan' back then)
Active Puppets:
Any trouble with the moderators? Nope

Misc.
Factbook: Here, unfinished however.
RP Preferences: Diplomatic and character driven, not a big fan of military.
Is there any way for us to improve this application, please let us know: Nope!
How did you find out about Ordis?: Browsing the forums.
lowcountry luddite | i love posting!

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Welcome to the region, Marsane!

Kolintha
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolintha » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:21 am

Our Secretary for Recruitment has gone on hiatus - for this reason, the Consulate will be taking control of the recruitment process until he returns or we appoint a provisional secretary.

As always, we welcome any and all applications.

In addition, we are now once again instituting a soft cap on nations over 100 milion in population. Soft cap here meaning we may make exceptions, if we deem it fitting to the nation in question - a relatively impoverished high population nation could for example receive an exemption from the above rule.
Last edited by Kolintha on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
家国 Chisei-koku | The State of Chisei
Wiki | Member and Consul of Ordis (Come join us!) | Commonly known as Kol

Nirzatsiya - 06/26/2017
we just love hugging Kols
also hanging them during revolutions

Esc - 06/24/2017
Shady bastard Kol
Plotting, hands on his keyboard
Nowhere's truly safe.

Aki-sama | Yamatai (Toishima) - 06/26/2017
The forces of freedom shall banzai you to free market capitalism

Ming | Haradesh - 07/05/2017
Who needs standard of living when you have quantity of living

Kolintha
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kolintha » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:10 pm

Bump.
家国 Chisei-koku | The State of Chisei
Wiki | Member and Consul of Ordis (Come join us!) | Commonly known as Kol

Nirzatsiya - 06/26/2017
we just love hugging Kols
also hanging them during revolutions

Esc - 06/24/2017
Shady bastard Kol
Plotting, hands on his keyboard
Nowhere's truly safe.

Aki-sama | Yamatai (Toishima) - 06/26/2017
The forces of freedom shall banzai you to free market capitalism

Ming | Haradesh - 07/05/2017
Who needs standard of living when you have quantity of living

Zeltheit
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeltheit » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:37 pm

National information
Official Name: The Union of Zeltheit
Shortened Name: Zeltheit
RP Population: 90 million
Culture and Ethnicity: Pretty much the Soviet Union, but German. Lots o' unity.
Government Type: Communist single-party state.
Head of State: Abetz Reichart
Head of Government: Hans Genzunt
National Overview: Zeltheit is a communist state, and has been for a long while. It's people live as equals. No private industry. All government-controlled economy. Uber communists. I need to work on lore.
Armed Forces: Total soldiers: 453,000, active: 134,000, reserve: 319,000. Army: 64,000 Navy: 49,000 Air Force: 21,000 Conscripted.

Personal Information
RP/Writing Samples: Prompt please.
Previous Regions: one of the starting regions, and communist bloc
Active Puppets:
Any trouble with the moderators? Nope

Misc.
Factbook: WIP on NS, will make IIWiki if asked
RP Preferences: Military
Is there any way for us to improve this application, please let us know: No suggestions.
How did you find out about Ordis?: Previous member
Last edited by Zeltheit on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:22 am

National information
Official Name: The Dituate of Akai
Shortened Name: Akai
RP Population: 212 million
Culture and Ethnicity: The Akai peoples and their five main subgroups are the indigenous people of Akai and are characterised by white, brown and black curly hair, purple and less commonly red eyes, Asian characteristics, an average height of six feet or more and a mixture of white and pale copper brown skin depending upon the region. The five main subgroups of Akai are the Xuanese, the Kengese, the Yaosese, the Zhaozese and the Lazinatoese. These people’s share a common ancestry in the original Akai people who were believed to have come from (insert ancestral lands) along with several other peoples although it is equally likely that the emerged independent of those peoples. They were white and pale in skin tone at first (something which has lead to a desire for pale, white like skin in Akai culture) and they usually have yellow/orange and or occasionally red eyes. This is due to a genetic defect which seems to be most prevalent in Clan Lazin who have this traits exaggerated due to their marriage practices.
Government Type: Totalitarian Quasi-theocratic Absolute Legalist Monarchy
Head of State: His Holy and Exalted Perfection Hulang Huike Jieke Tingzi Jieke Lazin, first to rule, Ditu of Akai, Son of Heaven. Universal monarch of all beneath Heaven, Inheritor of the Earth, Eternal Guardian of Mankind, Emperor of Emperors, Autocrat of all the Akai, Emperor of Lazinato, Yaosai, Zhaoze, Keng and Xuan, Avatar of Kutu, Most Divine Duke of Xungong and Xiaoxiagong, Enlightened prince and protector of Yahashi, Lord-Grandmaster of the Riyeskonsu, Ta yuan shuai of the Orders of National Defence, Master of the Secretariat of Internal Affairs, Gothic Lord, Grand Master of the Blessed order, Celestial being, Nephilim-Sovereign, Architect of the future, World-ruler, He who brings order to reality, Vanquisher of the unfilial, Great Overlord of the Clans, Kehan of Kehan, Lord of Ten Thousand Years Father of the Akai, Regent of Heaven, heir to the Immortal Ditu Shiyaohaung, heir to Tiao-Li, brother of the sun and moon, the most enlightened guardian of all the Akai.
Head of Government: His Celestial Highness, Prince-Regent Sanfu Salong Lazin
National Overview: (A brief summary of your nation's general political ideology and society.)

The Akai government officially describes itself as a Fu Jia influenced Meritocratic absolute monarchy, but is widely considered a totalitarian Kuaiyanist securocractic stratocratic absolute monarchy with strong feudal element and an almost theocratic cult of personality around the Lazins and in particular Ditu Jieke although it lacks official endorsement. The Dituate is described as being extremely kratocratic in nature, with internal factions especially after Jieke's demise embracing great deals of infighting between the country's various factions. Society is heavily unequal, with a strong aristocracy existing alongside an impressive bureaucracy and military culture, existing in a tripartite system between one another.

Armed Forces: (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rf3QTRSDmfcVyvEBG1SjK_oLqANoCMf8Ct2LC3YWTsU/edit?usp=sharing) (pastebin.com/3QsPSB3B) (http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Order_of_the_Seas) This is the current arrangement of Akai’s armed forces although still heavily WIP

Personal Information
RP/Writing Samples: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=405093
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=383066
viewtopic.php?p=31160814#p31160814
viewtopic.php?p=28949549#p28949549
Previous Regions: Gholgoth, Cornellia, Greater Ixnay, Sondria, Tyrrhenia, Greater Dienstad, Tiandi,
Active Puppets: None in particular.
Any trouble with the moderators? Nothing major, only a few historical warnings.

Misc.
Factbook: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Akai
RP Preferences: Diplomatic/intrigue/political character driven stuff is more my fancy although I am trying to improve my military RPing.
Is there any way for us to improve this application, please let us know: N/A
How did you find out about Ordis?: Kol’s sig.
Last edited by The IASM on Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:31 am

Zeltheit:

Your neighbour, the Republic of Kuminda is a small-ish nation that was, at one point, under the colonial yoke of a much larger imperialist nation. Your administration and the republic have shared good relations for some time. This imperialistic nation, the Kingdom of Hall, lost the lengthy war against the Republic of Kuminda after a very bloody guerrilla war some two decades back. Despite a negotiated peace, Hall reimposed a trade blockade on their former colony for some six months before a full-scale invasion of Kuminda, in which the entire country was reoccupied. It has been a year since the occupation, and Kuminda guerrillas have been launching raids against Hallish soldiers occupying their country. These guerrillas have their bases in your nation. Whether your administration knew of their presence or not, the Kingdom of Hall, a much larger nation than yourself, has demanded that you hand over or disperse the guerrillas immediately or face "forced action" from the Kingdom of Hall.

Your government has called an extraordinary session in order to discern what their next moves in the great geopolitical game will be. On one hand, appeasing the Hallish would certainly mean avoiding their wrath. On the other hand, however, handing over the guerrillas will raise questions over your nation's sovereignty, and abandoning a nation that has been your long-time ally; this is not to mention that your administration don't even know where most of the guerrilla bases are, which would make eliminating them costly and lengthy.

Zeltheit
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeltheit » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:21 pm

RP Sample!

Zweifeld
Capital Block
National Assembly Building

The various factions in the National Zeltheitan Assembly include, the Marxist-Chalyists, or the current ruling party, the Democratics, the Leninists, the Authoritarians, or Stalinists, and the Maoists.
The Marxist-Chalyists make up 175 of the 311 seats, the Democrats and the Leninists both make up 43 of them, the Maoists make up 41 of the seats, and the Authoritarians make up 9 of the seats.

"Right! Let's discuss, shall we?" Abetz Reichart yelled over the various Assembly factions arguing with each other on how to deal with the Hall situation. Some, of course, wanted to just give over the guerrilla forces, and avoid any conflict with the Kingdom, as Zeltheit has it's own problems to worry about. Some wanted to challenge the Hallish authority and defy their imperialistic wrath, by standing with Kuminda. Others wanted to not satisfy any side and find and destroy these guerrilla encampments, showing Zeltheit has power, and will not bend to the wants of any other nation.

The rambling was still ongoing, however. Abetz grabbed his microphone and yelled again, "Let us discuss! We aren't a bunch of uncivilized children, are we? This is not a situation to be bickered about!". The Assembly quieted down and took their seats. The Assembly Building's main chamber was laid out like a conference-room style auditorium, with 311 seats. 311 seats, so there shall be no ties in any discussion.

"The Party will speak first." said Speaker of the Party, Elisa Kohlhaase. She was responsible for having the government's ruling faction speak first, in all discussions.

"Thank you. Right, so. The Party believes that we shall stand with Kuminda, and help destroy this disgusting imperial antiquity, wipe it off the face of the planet, if you will." Abetz said, through the main microphone. Some faction leaders were beginning to be restless in their seats. "Calm down. It is just a suggestion." He added. "Now, will one of the factions volunteer to speak?" The leader of the Authoritarians, Philipp Schmerling, raised up first.

"I believe we should destroy these guerrilla encampments in our nation and show both sides that we will not be pushed around. By anyone!" he said, and sat down again.

"Does anyone agree with him? Let us take note. Leaders of your parties who agree with his position, stand up." Abetz said.

The leader of the Democratics, the leader of the Leninists, and the leader of the Maoists stood with the Authoritarians.

"Well then. I think we know how this is going to go." Else Herrlein said, the leader of the Maoists.

The assembly sat quiet. Until Elisa Kohlhaase spoke up again.

"Now, as these four factions make up less of the seats than the Party, they are a majority number of the total amount of factions, however. The Party changes it's stance on this issue. This session is adjourned." She said.

"Thank you for the meaningful discussion. We will take action accordingly. All leaders will be notified when the Party sends scouts into the countryside." Abetz said, concluding the session.

All the faction members and their leaders left the main chamber through their designated exits.
Last edited by Zeltheit on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:38 am

Zelt, after some deliberation, I've come to the decision that your sample, while a start, is inadequate for admittance into the region. Coupled with your history here, I think it's best if I decline your application as it stands.

I'm sorry.

Delmarese Commonwealth
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmarese Commonwealth » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:14 pm

National information
Official Name: Delmarese Commonwealth (Mancomunidad del marano)
Shortened Name: Delmara (Del mara)
RP Population: ~41 million
Culture and Ethnicity: Delmara is a Spanish-speaking country. It is a former colony and as such Hispanic culture is very important. To note, Native Ameican culture (Seminoles in the West and Pueblo in the East) was heavily suppressed by the Communist government and the Natives were genocided. This is due to the fact that Native American culture plays a role in Delmarese society similar to that of the United States more so than it does any Latin American countries.
Government Type: Federal semi-presidential constitutional republic
Head of State: President Federico de Riviera-Murillo
Head of Government: First Minister Alejandra Corral
National Overview: Delmara has its earliest origins in the colony of Boca Del Mar. It achieved independence at the start of the nineteenth century and the Founding Fathers established the Confederation of Boca Del Mar. The Confederation was politically weak and inefficient due to the emphasis on states rights in the Confederal Declaration. While there was a central government and a standard currency, the central government had few powers. Many of the powers lied within the individual departments, whose interests often conflicted with one another. Likewise, the national legislature (the National Chambers - Cámaras Nacional) consisted of elected representatives in the lower house and representatives appointed by departmental governments in the upper house. The elected representatives were chosen from gerrymandered districts that vested power heavily in the urban coastal centers, must to the dismay of the rural inland departments. Attempts at reform failed repeatedly and the Confederation lived on in a sad existence until the early 1900s, when a series of reforms were implemented when the nation's two largest departments - Santander and Coasta Blanca - struck a deal to give the central government more powers. Both the presidency and the National Chambers were granted more authority. The situation improved as the country had established a functioning central government, which had previously been responsible for little more than international diplomacy and managing the national currency. The country remained neutral during the First Endwar but it sold weapons to the Faldrunic Empire.

Following the close of the First Endwar and the onset of the Faldrunic Civil War, the economy of the Confederation began to grow stagnant. By 1918, the economy was on the brink of collapse. Infighting between the departments resulted in a government crisis and the Great Recession of 1919 began soon after. The Great Recession saw unemployment rise sharply and many workers fell into poverty. The government, which was still crippled by infighting, did little to respond. Leftist ideologies had crossed the border during the Faldrunic Civil War and had begun to make an impact on the society of Boca Del Mar. Protests known as Bread Marches were organized by leading leftist activists. The situation reach a boiling point when a Bread March in the capital city of Vallebajo turned violent. The Sexta calle Massacre (7 March 1921), which saw protesters violently suppressed by the army before they could reach the Palacio de la nación, the home of the legislature, led to further violence throughout the capital, which later spread to major cities throughout the Confederation. Within days, the Ejército Rojo (ER) was formed as a paramilitary group by leftist leaders with nominal support from Faldarun. The country was soon engulfed in civil war, known to the communist faction as the Revolution for National Liberation, for the next four years. Eventually, the ER and its allies managed to defeat the government and soon established control over the whole of the country, reforming the Confederation into the Marxist Federation of Socialist Commonwealths (FMS).

The FMS joined the Comintern and spent the years following the Revolution rebuilding and reorganizing the country. A group of hardliners eventually took power and the Años de miseria began as a national purge was underway. Groups deemed as a threat to the people's revolution, such as academics, conservatives, liberals, Native Americans, religious clergy, landowners, etc. were sent to labor camps known as the Campamentos infernales (Hell Camps) where many of them were eventually killed. The FMS participated in the Second End War and generally supported OrCom and Nerotysia, of which it was a major trade partner, in its many endeavors. The hardliners were removed from power and were themselves purged following the death of General-Secretary Armando de la Cruz. More ideological based factions then took control of the country through the Worker's Congress (the legislature of the FMS). When Nerotysia entered its economic crises during the 1980s/90s, the FMS was severely impacted. The recession abroad combined with mismanagement of the national economy resulted in hard-hitting economic problems for the FMS. This forced the Communist Party to slowly liberalize the economy, which led to demands from students that the party also liberalize the society at large. The Communist Party rejected student demands, who then took to the streets across the nation in a national boycott of education. Several prominent unions supported a general strike in support of the students and joined the protests.

This led to a standoff between the military and the protesters in 1997. When told to fire on the protesters, the military refused to obey the orders. As a result, the Communist Party collapsed, and with it so did the FMS. The military briefly assumed control over the country and formed a transitional government. The military also oversaw the creation of a new constitution and the establishment of the Delmarese Commonwealth. The first contested elections were held in 2002. Between 2002 and 2011 the country slowly began to recover from the fall of communism and privatize/reorganize state-owned industries. In 2011, Federico de Riviera-Murillo won the presidential election. de Riviera-Murillo, who was the son of one of the generals who oversaw the creation of the constitution and was a former State Security Officer, began to shift the country to the right, playing to the more conservative aspects of the country. His government has denied any involved in attacks on what remains of the country's Native population despite international and independent claims that the attacks were carried out by the Federico de Riviera-Murillo Government. Despite this he was reelected in 2015 in a landslide vote and has continued to consolidate power since. Many of his political rivals are found dead, assumed to have been assassinated by the National Security Bureau, which succeeded the State Security Administration. Political freedoms in the country are grim, to say the lease. When his opponents don't wind up dead, elections tend to be rigged against them - something the de-Riviera-Murillo government denies persistently. de Riviera-Murillo's political party - the Alliance for Progress (
Alianza para el progreso, AP) - controls the national legislature, the Congress, and most important cities. The leading opposition party, the Democratic Party (Partido Democrático), holds a significant handful of the Congress' 600 seats compared to other opposition parties, but is still drowned out by the government. The old Communist Party is still active, but virtually all of its leadership has been arrested, and many subsequently executed, for corruption charges or treason. As a result the party is able to do very little and its supporters are generally intimidated by supporters of the incumbent president.

Since the fall of communism, relations with OrCom have remained virtually dormant and relations with Faldarun have been a complex web of diplomatic agreements and daily lambasting by government officials. President de Riviera-Murillo has continued the staunch policy of non-aligned neutrality implemented by previous administrations, however he has been reversing the Delmarese policies that traditionally favored the governments of Kolintha and Khornera due to their anti-communist foreign policy. Instead, he has slowly began to warm relations with OrCom again.
Armed Forces: Delmarese Armed Forces (Fuerzas armadas del maranas) - 3% of the national GDP is spent on the armed forces.
-Delmarese Land Forces - ~1.5 percent of the population. Decent training, below average equipment. Volunteers are predominate, but when needed conscription laws are enforced.
-Delmarese Air Forces (Fuerzas terrestres del maranas) - Only 30% of the air force is operational. Many of it is left over from the communist Red Army and is in need of serious modernization and/or repairs.
-Delmarese Sea Forces (la Armada) - The navy has suffered the most of the four branches of the armed forces. Many of the old FMS ships have been scrapped and what has not been usually remains mothballed in port. Only four of the nation's sixteen frigates remain operational. The Coast Guard (Guardacostas) is tasked with coastal patrols, but its small vessels prevent Delmara from projecting any power abroad.
-Delmarese Special Forces (Fuerzas especiales del maranas) - The elite forces of Delmara. They are tasked with specops, patrolling government buildings, protecting the president, etc.

Personal Information
RP/Writing Samples:
-Sample news post
-Character based sample
-Glytter on iiwiki
-Crethia on iiwiki
Previous Regions: Kylaris, Esquarium
Active Puppets: Crethia; Main: Kingdom of Glitter
Any trouble with the moderators? A one-day forum ban a few years ago is all.

Misc.
Factbook: None created yet, but one will be upon acceptance.
RP Preferences: Diplomatic and political
How did you find out about Ordis?: Kakletron (a man of many names) first drew my attention to the region when he joined and I have followed it since.
Last edited by Delmarese Commonwealth on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon May 01, 2017 5:44 pm

Delmarese Commonwealth, you are hereby approved to be in Ordis.

Delmarese Commonwealth
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmarese Commonwealth » Tue May 02, 2017 8:06 am

Transoxthraxia wrote:Delmarese Commonwealth, you are hereby approved to be in Ordis.

Happy to hear! Thanks for having me.

The Sandenes
Civilian

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sandenes » Wed May 10, 2017 1:05 pm

National information
Official Name: The Republic of the Sandenes Islands
Shortened Name: The Sandenes (SAN-de-knees, almost like the French Saint Denis, but the s at the end is actually pronounced.)
RP Population: 100K to 1M, geography permitting.
Culture and Ethnicity: The general inspiration of the culture I'll be building comes from the Celtic/Gaelic/Anglo-Saxon proto-cultures in Great Britain and Ireland. However, in more modern times, I anticipate some tourism and other kinds of attractions, leading to increased immigration. This would create a more multicultural society that may or may not be politically repressed! (Teaser)
Government Type: Democratic or Representative Republic, depending on how many people I end up with.
Head of State: President
Head of Government: Prime Minister
National Overview: To the west of Orda and to the north of Khornera lies an archipelago of considerable size. Residing on this archipelago is a people well accustomed to the lands and seas surrounding it, but they do not originate from it. Nobody knows where the Sandenese people came from, and there has been no sufficient archeological evidence found to trace their origin. For centuries upon centuries, they formed a considerable civilization, although certainly primitive compared to what the Khornerans were doing at that time. They managed to remain free of Khorneran colonization for a long time, earning their reputation of being fierce defenders of their islands in doing so. Over time, they collected Khorneran technology, deconstructed it, and improved their island life. Eventually, however, the archipelago succumbed to a concerted Khorneran effort to bring them under the control of the Empire. They remained as such for many centuries, but all was not negative. The islands gained technological prowess and modernized very quickly. By the 18th century, the Sandenes gained an international reputation for being a beacon for education and knowledge, as well as being a fantastic tourist destination with its beautiful waters. At some yet-to-be-determined time, the Sandenes gained their independence from Khornera. From there, history will be written.
Armed Forces: Ha, what army? I'd think I'd get a lot of protection from Khornera, but I'll also have some coast guard and related personnel.

Personal Information
RP/Writing Samples: Prompt, if necessary.
Previous Regions: Several.
Active Puppets: None.
Any trouble with the moderators? Not in many, many months.

Misc.
Factbook: In construction.
RP Preferences: Character, usually.
Is there any way for us to improve this application, please let us know: Get rid of it, heheheheheh.
How did you find out about Ordis?: Been a resident for a while. Discussed this.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information