NATION

PASSWORD

Creating Your Own Everything VI [No Advertising]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:55 am

Ejection to the right is typical, but you could definitely get away with having it on the other side.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Norcourt
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:37 pm

Sevvania wrote:Ejection to the right is typical, but you could definitely get away with having it on the other side.

I do suppose that since it is a machine gun fired mostly deployed, that it would be somewhat more convenient on the left, for feeding purposes, maybe.
Last edited by Norcourt on Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!
Host nation of Nuza

Valkiir
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkiir » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:16 pm

Your machine gunny thing is begging for a Lewis gun style pan magazine :) it would allow you to use a vertical injection dropping spent shells out the bottom of the gun whee you now have the magazine well....that and the fact I have a soft spot for the lewis gun :)

Nce work on the overall look of the guns, by the way.

Norcourt
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:41 pm

Valkiir wrote:

Your machine gunny thing is begging for a Lewis gun style pan magazine :) it would allow you to use a vertical injection dropping spent shells out the bottom of the gun whee you now have the magazine well....that and the fact I have a soft spot for the lewis gun :)

Nce work on the overall look of the guns, by the way.

As a matter of fact I was hoping on doing that with the Mk.3 In the future! Adding a 40-something round pan magazine on top would make it much more intriguing, and I will surely do that soon :)!
Host nation of Nuza

Norcourt
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Host nation of Nuza

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:37 am

Tried my hand at a WW1 era gun. It's name is the Gewehr mod. 1900. Send criticism.

EDIT: Also, here's a WW1 era tank, akin more to the FT-17 than the Mark 1 through 5 Lanships. It's about 2.15 meters tall. Once again, please send criticism.

EDIT again: Fixed the above tank's tracks so that they slant to the wheels. Also need a name. Maybe, Panzerwagen 1? The IRL A7V was called the Sturmpanzerwagen 1(armored assault vehicle) according to Wikipedia, and with this being smaller than the A7V by a significant margin I could just shave the Assault off and be left with Armored Vehicle 1.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:17 pm

a train i'm working on, flying scotsman inspired

Of the People, For the People

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:06 am

reposting because I've made essentially zero progress with the big gun version :(

Danubian Peoples wrote:(Image)

Tried my hand at a WW1 era gun. It's name is the Gewehr mod. 1900. Send criticism.

Mildly hypocritical of me as I haven't posted a rifle in god knows how long, but -

i) Needs to be thinner; as it stands, this rifle is overly thicc
ii) stock could be a bit large, play around with the shape of the back half of the gun a bit, it seems a bit wonky
iii) Same applies to the magazine and the magazine housing, it looks like it needs some work
iv) trigger shaping is a tad odd
v) bayonet is rather small
vi) how do your sights work?

You have my full sympathy though, drawing rifles is hardddd

Inggland
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Inggland » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:53 pm

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:
Paragania wrote:Aww yeah! Have some Eterian Cold War soldiers and two jets! ;)

(Image)

(Image)

(Image)

Those jets are ripped

true lol :lol2:
Last edited by Inggland on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Inggland, I control Inggli, and I'm a loving country.
I'm a kingdom of wonders. I seriously am.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Anemos Major wrote:reposting because I've made essentially zero progress with the big gun version :(

(Image)
(Image)

Mildly hypocritical of me as I haven't posted a rifle in god knows how long, but -

i) Needs to be thinner; as it stands, this rifle is overly thicc
ii) stock could be a bit large, play around with the shape of the back half of the gun a bit, it seems a bit wonky
iii) Same applies to the magazine and the magazine housing, it looks like it needs some work
iv) trigger shaping is a tad odd
v) bayonet is rather small
vi) how do your sights work?

You have my full sympathy though, drawing rifles is hardddd

Hopefully it's better. Followed all of your advice. :)
NS stats are not used.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:11 pm

going forward I'd like to do the coal cart, some rolling stock, etc
I don't know if I want to do another engine anytime soon because it's a lot of work

Of the People, For the People

Manokan Republic
Minister

Founded: Dec 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Manokan Republic » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Anemos Major wrote:reposting because I've made essentially zero progress with the big gun version :(

(Image)
(Image)

Omg, are you sixth circle from deviant art? I think you're stuff is really neat, particularly the thought you put behind them as well, like with your 70mm antiaircraft gun xD

I've perhaps spent too much time trying to come up with a concept of how such a thing might work.

NeuroNet
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuroNet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:18 pm

Sevvania wrote:Ejection to the right is typical, but you could definitely get away with having it on the other side.

The way rounds eject is based on what handed shooter you are. Pull the trigger with your left on a right ejecting weapon and hot casings can burn through the uniform sleeve of your right arm, making you combat ineffective eventually. Best weapon design is to have an ambidextrous selection (open the extraction port on the side you pull the trigger from) so lefties and righties can fire the weapon without injury.

NeuroNet
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Riff on a RL C130 Herkybird

Postby NeuroNet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:24 pm

What if you slapped four turbofans on a C130 transport?

Perhaps this is what it might look like, configured to fly as a two-point buddy tanker.

(The Samurai fighter depicted tanking from my "JC-1TT" is my own design.)
Scaled from JG scale to fit the forum viewport

Factbook Entry (WIP) FactBook Article
Last edited by NeuroNet on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeuroNet
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuroNet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:36 pm

[quote="Anemos Major";p="35289867"]reposting because I've made essentially zero progress with the big gun version :(

Love these vehicles! (Not my scale, but the detail is well done.)

I suggest a tweak just to the descriptions. If you're going to field wheeled APCs with a high suspension, may as well include that they have shaped MRAP hull bottoms. Two layers of protection if you have blast resistant seats already, and a shaped bottom could imply better amphibious ability for crossing rivers, essential for rapidly mobile light forces.

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013

Postby Gallia- » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:46 pm

A quartet of JT8D-10s would probably be adequate for a turbofan Hercules tbh.

Would probably murder the range tho, need sweeping, and resemble a baby Starlifter than a jet powered Herc at the end. Straight wings and turbofans don't sit well together.
Last edited by Gallia- on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeuroNet
Secretary

Ex-Nation

JFA2 Samurai fighter

Postby NeuroNet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:57 pm

Twin engine air superiority fighter/attack plane, dressed in flight test low level attack camo pattern called "brown bird poop splatter"

FactBook Article

NeuroNet
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuroNet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:02 pm

Gallia- wrote:A quartet of JT8D-10s would probably be adequate for a turbofan Hercules tbh.

Would probably murder the range tho, need sweeping, and resemble a baby Starlifter than a jet powered Herc at the end. Straight wings and turbofans don't sit well together.

Fair enough. (OOC) I don't have a scale drawing of JT8D handy yet.
(IC) My engineers get drunk a lot and like slapping parts together, then praying it will still fly.

EDIT: Or... two of my BATs (Big a$$ turbofans) rather than four.
Last edited by NeuroNet on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013

Postby Gallia- » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:09 pm

I mean, there are oodles of straight wing jet aircraft and swept wing turboprops, but C-141 started basically as a drunken bet on who could make Hercules jet powered first, and ended up with swept wings and four JT3s (and a much bigger wingspan to boot) by the end of it. Starlifter's strangest appearance is probably the manta ray-esque GL268 though, but he would be terribly difficult to reengine unfortunately.
Last edited by Gallia- on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NeuroNet
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuroNet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:46 pm

I'm back, with a tank! Please do share criticisms regarding the vehicle. I'll be sure to try and edit. I'd also like some specifications (how fast, gun caliber, etc) as well as a name (Panzer something I suppose). And for reference, it's supposed to be from the 1930s.

Looks like the US Car, Combat, M3 without the sponson gun in the main hull. (It had a 75mm in the hull, with a 37mm and coax cal-50 in the turret.

If you're looking for a Panzer theme, it looks like it could manage 20-30 miles per hour on gasoline and the turret maybe a 37mm antitank gun or a 45mm caliber.

You could call it the PanzerSnail Model 1930. That way if it's really fast, it would scare the enemy.

"What's that, Sarge?"

"S-2 says the Jerries have this PanzerSnail thing. Like a rolling bunker."

"Must be slow as rubber dog $hit."

"Damn! Retreat! It's broken through the line and knocked out three Shermans!"

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:23 pm

NeuroNet wrote:
I'm back, with a tank! Please do share criticisms regarding the vehicle. I'll be sure to try and edit. I'd also like some specifications (how fast, gun caliber, etc) as well as a name (Panzer something I suppose). And for reference, it's supposed to be from the 1930s.

Looks like the US Car, Combat, M3 without the sponson gun in the main hull. (It had a 75mm in the hull, with a 37mm and coax cal-50 in the turret.

If you're looking for a Panzer theme, it looks like it could manage 20-30 miles per hour on gasoline and the turret maybe a 37mm antitank gun or a 45mm caliber.

You could call it the PanzerSnail Model 1930. That way if it's really fast, it would scare the enemy.

"What's that, Sarge?"

"S-2 says the Jerries have this PanzerSnail thing. Like a rolling bunker."

"Must be slow as rubber dog $hit."

"Damn! Retreat! It's broken through the line and knocked out three Shermans!"

Thanks for the positive review, but, I took a second look at it and now I see oodles of problems with its design. the turret is absurdly small, the hull too big, the tracks too short, and a bunch of other proportion problems, especially at this 2 meter tall scale. I however did create another tank, this time one from the WW1 period.
Please do review, not sure if this is any better TBH. Also it has dimensions similar to the Reanult FT.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.

NeuroNet
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuroNet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:41 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:Thanks for the positive review, but, I took a second look at it and now I see oodles of problems with its design. the turret is absurdly small, the hull too big, the tracks too short, and a bunch of other proportion problems, especially at this 2 meter tall scale. I however did create another tank, this time one from the WW1 period.
(Image)
Please do review, not sure if this is any better TBH. Also it has dimensions similar to the Reanult FT.

This is what I pictured with the first one, the Lee/Grant, forebear to the Sherman.

NeuroNet
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby NeuroNet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:46 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:I however did create another tank, this time one from the WW1 period.
(Image)

It looks like a variant of a Renault FT which might be considered conventional or near obsolete if still serving in the 1930's.
Riveted panels would be a prominent detail, since the "skin" of a tank of that era isn't generally welded yet. Thus it was a hodgepodge of bolted together smaller panels. Simply putting in some shapes for smaller panels and dark pixels for rivets around the panel edges would enhance the detail and give it the WWI feel.

Good luck with your drawings!

NeuroNet
Secretary

Ex-Nation

PCF Mark 1 Fast Patrol Boat

Postby NeuroNet » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:03 pm

The hull design and internal layout of the twin-diesel, 45-knot fast patrol craft is used by NeuroNet military, police and coastwatch/rescue forces for coastal, littoral and riverine operations.

Pictured is the PCF Mark 1 configured for coastal search and rescue operations in the Federation CoastWatch. A rescue swimmer with cold weather immersion drysuit, protective helmet and rescue tether rig is on deck serving as a lookout.

Port Security PCF Mark 1 operated by the Eagle Point Port Authority Police Department. It carries as deck cargo two jetskis for the use of security police diver-patrolmen when inspecting ships entering the port or rescuing people in the water.

Naval Special Warfare Command PCF Mark 1 used as a "Swick" (SWCC) boat to insert VBSS teams and transport Navy SEALS on forward operations, painted for covert jungle waterway operations. A SEAL fireteam is on deck.
Last edited by NeuroNet on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:14 pm

NeuroNet wrote:
Danubian Peoples wrote:I however did create another tank, this time one from the WW1 period.
(Image)

It looks like a variant of a Renault FT which might be considered conventional or near obsolete if still serving in the 1930's.
Riveted panels would be a prominent detail, since the "skin" of a tank of that era isn't generally welded yet. Thus it was a hodgepodge of bolted together smaller panels. Simply putting in some shapes for smaller panels and dark pixels for rivets around the panel edges would enhance the detail and give it the WWI feel.

Good luck with your drawings!

As for your statement regarding it's datedness, well the French did use them up until the Fall of France in 1940, the Vichy French used them in 1944, and they were even used by the Arabs in the Arab-Isareli War of 1948. but I'm not saying they were any good in any of those conflicts as tanks. So it could be a good idea to say that my military still usesd them during the '30s for roleplay reasons.
By the way here's where I'm getting this info from.
And as for your boat there, i like the look of it, but I'm no naval expert, so I'm not sure if the craft is sound.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats are not used.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information