NATION

PASSWORD

Creating Your Own Everything VI [No Advertising]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:14 am

Danubian Peoples wrote:
New Visegrad wrote:[snip]

I checked and the bullet fits through the barrel. Also I moved the foregrip away from the trigger, even changed the shape of the gun to accommodate it. I tried visualizing someone holding it, and the hunch thingy happened, so I took your advice. Does this look better now?

Again you need to look at references, primarily fully stocked SMGs of the era which would include things like the MP18, erma, the sig mp/mk series and the berreta model 38. If you are really into using drums then the suomi and the ppsh41 are worth a look but they effectively have the forward hand gaurd part of the stock cut off as a drum tends to force that bit to be seperate to the rest of the stock.

You also need to think about your mechanism. Most SMGs use some kind of blowback system and as such don't have the tube below the barrel you have which is generally part of a gas operated system. Now a gas system isn't impossible but would require you to be thinking more "proto assault rifle" /light carbine and have your round be closer in form and function to. 30carbine or 7.92mm kurz than a pistol round that would normally be used in a smg. The biggest issue here would be that you would be about 6-10 years ahead of RL to have something like ready in 1934.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:12 am

I'm guessing this isn't even too big of an improvement anymore. I feel kinda uptired by you guys. You people have so much more knowledge in this field than I thought at first. Then again the words 'please do criticize' kinda lead to this. Regardless, I appreciate your efforts to school me on the OC firearm making, and I hope with enough refining of my ideas (mostly by you guys), I can get an OC that actually makes sense. Thanks in advance for any corrections you'd like to make to my design.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

-AlEmAnNiA-
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby -AlEmAnNiA- » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:57 pm

MPi-AK-74N and MPi-AKS-74N

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:32 am

needs more PLUM
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:46 pm

The Battle of Lezhë was one of the most brutal night actions in Korongolese naval history. It is recorded as an Allied strategic victory in official accounts, but the battle was very much a tactical defeat. On the 10th of June 1918, the Mediterranean Squadron of the Royal Naval Service received orders to steam north of the Otranto barrage. Its mission was simple: evaluate the strength of Austro-Hungarian naval forces in the southern Adriatic and return to port. The Austro-Hungarian dreadnought Szent István had been torpedoed by Italian MAS boats early in the morning and one of her sisters was also spotted at sea. It was believed that a large-scale attack on the barrage, involving an unknown number of dreadnoughts, was imminent. This assumption was mostly correct. Kontreadmiral Miklós Horthy, the commander of Austo-Hungarian fleet, had scheduled an attack on the barrage for the 11th at dawn. However, he did not hope to break the barrage with dreadnoughts. His capital ships would remain in the Adriatic while his cruisers and torpedo boats assaulted the barrage. They would then be in the perfect position to annihilate any Allied response.

The Korongolese force, led by the dreadnoughts Aurani and Mendam, left Taranto Harbour at noon on the 10th of June. They were accompanied by the cruisers Lelatedo and Zirak. A small flotilla of four destroyers was also present. The squadron did not pass through the Strait of Otranto until night had fallen. At 12:08 AM on the 11th, Zirak spotted a periscope and opened fire with its secondary 3 inch battery. The rest of the squadron took evasive action and began scouring the water with searchlights. While German and Austro-Hungarian submarines were in the area, no attack followed and the periscope likely never existed. Unbeknownst to the Korongolese, the light show had gained unwanted attention. The scout cruiser Helgoland had spotted searchlights on the horizon and quickly identified the Korongolese force. It began shadowing the enemy fleet with the rest of its flotilla following close behind.

Mendam spotted the masts of Helgoland at 3:25 AM. The commander of the Korongolese squadron, Admiral Hel Atrihas, ordered Zirak to leave the formation and investigate the ship. The Austro-Hungarian shadow force distanced itself from Zirak in an effort to avoid contact and lost sight of the Korongolese dreadnoughts. Horthy had been alerted by this time and the dreadnoughts Viribus Unitis and Prinz Eugen were proceeding south to meet the Korongolese. A battleship engagement was a risky endeavour, but he would be forced to call off his attack on the barrage if the Korongolese remained in the area. He also possessed an advantage. While his dreadnoughts carried four triple 12 inch turrets, he knew the Korongolese battleships had four twin 12 inch turrets. The Korongolese were building super-dreadnoughts, but all evidence correctly indicated that these superior vessels were not yet in service.

At 4:30 AM, Aurani spotted the Austro-Hungarian dreadnoughts on the horizon. The two battle lines were moving parallel to one another, the Korongolese steaming north and the Austro-Hungarians heading south. The Korongolese force came under fire almost immediately. At the same time, the shadow force turned to engage Zirak. The Korongolese dreadnoughts were unable to return fire for several minutes as their guns could not fire as far. Fortunately, Austro-Hungarian gunfire proved to be inaccurate at extreme range. Atrihas ordered two of his destroyers to break off and rescue Zirak to the southeast. He would do the same in time. However, he did not want to turn across the bow of the Austro-Hungarian dreadnoughts. To do so would close the engagement distance to torpedo range and devolve the battle into a knife fight. He would instead wait for the Austro-Hungarian ships to pass and move across their rear.

As the four dreadnoughts steamed past each other, four torpedo boats accompanying the Austro-Hungarian line moved in to engage. The 12 inch and 6 inch batteries aboard Aurani and Mendam continued to engage the enemy dreadnoughts, while the their 3 inch batteries, Lelatedo, and the remaining two destroyers focused on the torpedo boats. One of the destroyers was struck by three 5.9 inch shells from Viribus Unitis and came to screeching halt. The order was soon given to abandon ship. The other broke off, leaving Lelatedo to scatter the torpedo boats. Fortunately, the Korongolese had gained extensive gunnery experience during the First Korongolese Civil War and were able to strike the attacking vessels with precision. One torpedo boat disappeared in a bright flash of light, and another suffered the same fate as the sinking Korongolese destroyer. The remaining two withdrew under an intense barrage of fire. For Mendam, however, it was too late.

At 5:05 AM, two torpedoes struck Mendam. The first tore a large hole beneath her X turret, while the second blew apart the bow forward of the main armour belt. Damage control efforts were already hampered by a fire which had broken out amidships and the battleship fell out of formation. Flooding soon became uncontrollable, and the existing fire became even more dangerous as it started detonated 6 inch powder charges. The order to abandon ship was given at 5:20 AM. It was the first loss of the Korongolese battleship since Tygar had sank en-route from France in the 1890s. Atrihas ordered Aurani to continue ahead with Lelatedo. With the Austro-Hungarian dreadnoughts distracted, could aid the crew of Mendam.

The two destroyers dispatched to aid Zirak opened fire in the Austro-Hungarian shadow force at 5:40 AM. Zirak's captain, who had been fleeing the shadow force for the better part of an hour, had evaded nineteen torpedoes and survived dozens of 3.9 inch shell hits. Unfortunately, his luck ran out. The destroyers moved in and launched their own torpedoes to cover Zirak's retreat. While moving to evade the twentieth enemy torpedo, Zirak ran into one of the Korongolese torpedoes. The hit caused an immediate loss of speed and the ship began listing to starboard. It would have been the end of Zirak if it was not for a miracle.

At 5:50 AM, Horthy ordered his ships to withdraw. Aurani and Mendam had successfully turned across the rear of the Austro-Hungarian battle line and were now bearing down on the shadow force. The manoeuvre had forced Viribus Unitis and Prinz Eugen to turn sharply, allowing Atrihas to increase the distance between himself and the enemy. Both Austro-Hungarian dreadnoughts had suffered damage during the battle and could no longer close on the remaining Korongolese dreadnought. If he did not withdraw, the shadow force would be devastated. Furthermore, he feared that dawn would be accompanied by Allied bombers. The arrival of Italian and French battleships was also a distinct possibility.

At the end of the battle, the Royal Naval Service had lost a dreadnought and a destroyer. The sinking of the former was a severe setback. The First Korongolese Civil War had delayed Korongolese dreadnought construction and Aurani was the only ship of that type left in the fleet. Zirak was towed back to Taranto by Aurani, but an examination of the damage revealed that it was too extensive for repair. The other surviving ships had all sustained some degree of damage, though were able to continue their service. The Austro-Hungarians had lost two ocean-going torpedo boats. However, Viribus Unitis and Helgoland were heavily damaged. Neither ship saw action again for the duration of the war. Horthy's offensive ambitions were also tempered by the action. A repeat of the 1917 attack against the Otranto barrage was no longer on the table.

The loss of Mendam did have some positive aspects. Under the Treaty of Sèvres, New Korongo was awarded the battlecruiser Yavuz as compensation. The Royal Marine Corps secured the vessel before the Turkish War of Independence imposed the far more lenient Treaty of Lausanne, allowing the former German warship to enter active service with the Royal Naval Service. The sinking also allowed the Korongolese to seek an exemption in the Washington Naval Treaty for three battleships then under construction. One was allowed to be completed as a battleship, while the remaining two would be converted to aircraft carriers.

-AlEmAnNiA-
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby -AlEmAnNiA- » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Taihei Tengoku wrote:needs more PLUM

it was the closest i could get to pictures

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:47 am

I'm back, with a tank! Please do share criticisms regarding the vehicle. I'll be sure to try and edit. I'd also like some specifications (how fast, gun caliber, etc) as well as a name (Panzer something I suppose). And for reference, it's supposed to be from the 1930s.
NS stats are not used.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Danubian Peoples wrote:(Image)
I'm back, with a tank! Please do share criticisms regarding the vehicle. I'll be sure to try and edit. I'd also like some specifications (how fast, gun caliber, etc) as well as a name (Panzer something I suppose). And for reference, it's supposed to be from the 1930s.

So, two meters is good for giving us an idea of scale, but unfortunately it looks like your tank uses a 20mm main gun? Could you give us a statblock or something to go along with the picture?
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Kassaran wrote:[snip]

Well firstly, I edited the picture to instead have a main gun that is at most 37 mm, I guess?

As for your question about the statblock, well i did say in my original post that that was one of the things I was hoping to get sorted out by you guys (the thread posters who are not me, that is). However, now that you said it, I'd like to clarify that the main gun's caliber now sits at 30-37 millimeters. You may fill out any other stat (penetration, armor thickness, speed) as you wish, but the gun caliber must sit in that range. Please do correct me if the clarification is something that shouldn't be there though.

In the meantime however I did manage to crank out another tank, albeit one that sits on the same set of tracks and a similar hull. it's supposed to be an analogue to the M4 Sherman, or at least the early variants with cast hulls and turrets. I'm guessing it's about 3-4 meters. it's also at a different scale, so although the tracks, hull and turret may look the same size, they are actually bigger. Same with the gun. Thinking it's a 20 or 75 millimeter.

Once again, please do criticize if need be.
Last edited by Danubian Peoples on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NS stats are not used.

Norcourt
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:05 pm

Full Resolution
Full Resolution

Finished my 1890s Service Rifle, dunno what else to add, feel free to give criticisms and recommendations. thanks.
Last edited by Norcourt on Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!
Host nation of Nuza

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:54 pm

For the above person: sorry, I know whack about rifles, much less 1890s ones. But nice designs (asthetically) anyway. As for me, I've made another tank, this time some sort of analogue to the Panzer III of OTL. I also figured out a naming scheme for the tanks, Kampfpanzer or 'battle tank' according to Google Translate and the ramblings of someone who I think is German online. This one is the Kampfpanzer II. It's a late interwar model (1938) I guess, with a 3.7 cm cannon, but it does have side skirts and a radio, so I'm not sure 100 percent. I'm planning to make tank destroyer and anti air variants of the hull, perhaps calling them Kpfz II Flak and Kpfz II Sturm.
NS stats are not used.

Manokan Republic
Minister

Founded: Dec 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Manokan Republic » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:00 pm

I stole all the drawings from something else and morphed it together/recolered some of it. I spent a little bit of time tracking it all down to the original sources. Basically the idea is an M113, essentially an ACV-19 with a 25mm or 30mm chaingun, and an internal carrying capacity of 10 soldiers. This is slightly enlongated from the original but probably not very hard to pull off. An external turret with no ammunition canister sticking down in to the crew compartment, and no area for a soldier to reside in (with it being completely automated, or remote controlled) would also be smaller so it's based on the fundamental design concept of the ACV-19 or essentially, an M113 with a chaingun on top. The idea is something relatively inexpensive and easy to mass produce while fulfilling all the roles a vehicle needs. It is also designed to launch missiles, TOW or javeline, which doesn't add much weight, although depending on the weapon it might add costs, to the overall price of the vehicle. Should they happen upon a tank they can take it out, and with that many in the field it will make anti-vehicle work far easier. You can also use it for limited anti-aircraft work that is, the chaingun or the missiles, particularly helicopters. The concept is first-contact kill probabilities, as in, if you run in to enemy forces, 25-50% of the time you just blow them up with missiles, and then move on to chainguns, machine gun, and so on, killing as many of the enemy before the battle starts. When enemy infantry are deployed you use air bursting 25mm rounds to take them out and machine guns. Should the enemy infantry deploy and not be slaughtered by the heavier weapons, then you finally have a real battle, instead of it ending in a matter of minutes with a few well placed anti-tank missiles. In the future, this may ironically become obsolete with active defense systems like the iron curtain, however kinetic high-velocity missiles may replace these sorts of easily defeated missiles which can be shot down and you start over again with missiles ruling the day. It's not that particularly hard to tack them on as extra weapons to most APC's so, I don't really see why not.

The soldiers all wear dyneema body armor, over their entire body which, not only is breathable but also is thermally conductive, meaning it will dump off the soldier's heat, sort of like a heatsink so they don't, overheat. It's only design to stop shrapnel and handgun rounds, save for the helmet and the chest piece which can stop rifle rounds, like the ECH or AS-600. This is probably way too much thought to put in to a bitmap picture but I'm just weird like that. The other one's are various variations, like a desert tan LAV-III tank support unit, and then various templates I use. The rankings and modifications to some of the weapons/vehicles I made myself, not that it's particularly complicated. I added the little muzzle break thing on the M113, which was just drawing a bunch of little squares.

Various sources
-Marine Sniper section
-Israeli Tavor
-LAV-III Turret
-M1 Abrams
Last edited by Manokan Republic on Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Manokan Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Manokan Republic » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:03 pm

New Visegrad wrote:well jeez guys ya made me do it

([url=https://i.imgur.com/42Ki9l9.png]Image)[/url]
(click image to embiggen)

Not a full squad because fuuuuuuuuuck drawing individual poses for each weapon. You'll just have to use your imagination.

Early-issue GDL armour was generally similar to the light infantry equipment of the UN forces that preceded it. However, production of heavy infantry armour was discontinued in favour of increased output of the lighter rigs, allowing production to keep pace with the GDL's rapid military expansion.

Issue of heavier armour resumed by the 3900s once the League felt more secure. However, development of improved infantry armour and weapons was rarely a priority, and by the War of 4404 League infantry systems were wildly outclassed by rebel PANTHER armour and gausstech weapons.

From 3548, League standard 6.8mm ammunition included a harmonic alloy jacket on every third round, allowing the bullets to be telekinetically manipulated by the League's "hopper" officers.

Nice :D

The 6.8mm round and bullpup is a nice touch :D

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:59 pm

Credits go in the image not in the post containing the image
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Valkiir
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkiir » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:35 pm

MG-59SK Smartgun

Highly portable steadicam mount ready MG56 with "holographic sight" system. Designed for highly mobile vehicle mounted infantry and marine units as well as shock assault formations. when mounted on a steadicam mount the infantryman can use the weapon as either a direct fire assault weapon or a traditional suppression fire/support weapon.

Equipped with several firing grips, and alternate grip points to allow the weapon to be easily handled in many configurations and positions. The mount also dampens vibrations and recoil forces by mounting the weapon on rubber rings mounted in spring loaded/ bearing equipped mounts.

The sights feature reticules that adjust the "Death dot" for range to target, dispersion pattern of weapon, and bullet drop..allowing gunner to put the beaten zone of his weapon exactly where he wants ...or switch target to allow him to concentrate on a single target with high precision..

The standard sight is a simple normal light system using angled glass plates and solid state low power lasers to project an image onto the plates..with a computer fire control system to calculate variables and adjust sighting reticules... but it can be augmented with digital imaging, and day night thermal optics...or linked into a headset worn augmented reality HUD

Caliber 7.62mm/6.5mm/5.56mm/
ROF 650-1200.
Feed: backpack style boxed linked belt 1200 rds, or individual 150 round tactical canisters

Manokan Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Manokan Republic » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:16 pm

Valkiir wrote:
MG-59SK Smartgun

(Image)

Highly portable steadicam mount ready MG56 with "holographic sight" system. Designed for highly mobile vehicle mounted infantry and marine units as well as shock assault formations. when mounted on a steadicam mount the infantryman can use the weapon as either a direct fire assault weapon or a traditional suppression fire/support weapon.

Equipped with several firing grips, and alternate grip points to allow the weapon to be easily handled in many configurations and positions. The mount also dampens vibrations and recoil forces by mounting the weapon on rubber rings mounted in spring loaded/ bearing equipped mounts.

The sights feature reticules that adjust the "Death dot" for range to target, dispersion pattern of weapon, and bullet drop..allowing gunner to put the beaten zone of his weapon exactly where he wants ...or switch target to allow him to concentrate on a single target with high precision..

The standard sight is a simple normal light system using angled glass plates and solid state low power lasers to project an image onto the plates..with a computer fire control system to calculate variables and adjust sighting reticules... but it can be augmented with digital imaging, and day night thermal optics...or linked into a headset worn augmented reality HUD

Caliber 7.62mm/6.5mm/5.56mm/
ROF 650-1200.
Feed: backpack style boxed linked belt 1200 rds, or individual 150 round tactical canisters

It looks really cool :D

Make sure to have a sling and a thermal vision scope with that guy so you can carry it and see the laser when you aim from the hip. xP

Valkiir
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkiir » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:30 pm

Manokan Republic wrote:It looks really cool :D

Make sure to have a sling and a thermal vision scope with that guy so you can carry it and see the laser when you aim from the hip. xP

Lowlight and snap down thermal scopes are common for Valkiir infantrymen. and so are IR/UV optics so you can see your laser but the other guy might not see it lighting him up like a neon sign:)

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:33 am

Tried my hand at aircraft this time. Here are some designs for a twin-boom jet fighter from the late-ww2 early Cold War era, I think? I took inspiration from the Vampire and Venom, real life twin boom jet fighters. Please do criticize and tell me which one is better(which drawing, that is)?
NS stats are not used.

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Korva wrote:(Image)
Walker Unit by Elektrograd.

Destiny inspired?

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Norcourt
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:23 pm

Last edited by Norcourt on Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Host nation of Nuza

Sevvania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sevvania » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:34 pm

I can dig it, though I would just refer to it as a "machine gun" as opposed to a "heavy machine gun". Ejection port should probably be longer and more in-line with the mag itself, but beyond that it looks pretty good.
"Humble thyself and hold thy tongue."

Current Era: 1945
NationStates Stat Card - Sevvania
OFFICIAL FACTBOOK - Sevvania
4/1/13 - Never Forget

Norcourt
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Norcourt » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:26 am

Sevvania wrote:

I can dig it, though I would just refer to it as a "machine gun" as opposed to a "heavy machine gun". Ejection port should probably be longer and more in-line with the mag itself, but beyond that it looks pretty good.

Looking at the ejection port right now...

I can confidently say you are completely right and it is now bothering me. I'll get on to fixing it ASAP. Either that or perhaps the ejection port could be "on the other side"? xD, what would you recommend?

Thanks bro! :)
Last edited by Norcourt on Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Host nation of Nuza

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information