NATION

PASSWORD

NS Military Realism Consultancy Thread Mk X Purps Safe Space

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scandinavian Nations
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Scandinavian Nations » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:41 am

Spirit of Hope wrote:I have one RPG-7 per squad, is that enough?

If it's an anti-armor squad, not enough.
Otherwise, it's probably too many.

Prosorusiya wrote:I am tempted to stockpile the PPsH-41 and PPsH-43, as well as maybe the StG-44 as light weapons and maybe the RPD or DPV as heavy weapons.

If you're in a sufficiently post-WW2 period and manufacture them on purpose, the AKM is a no-brainer. Between its ease of use, range, accuracy and reliability, you might be looking at as many as 5 times more rounds reaching their targets compared to military SMG.

Otherwise, the last 3 would be the best. But you wouldn't make the StG-44 on purpose if you have the AK-47 design.
Those who don't remember history, are blessed to believe anything is possible when they're repeating it.

Prosorusiya
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prosorusiya » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:55 pm

Ok, so maybe I will stockpile some RPDs and DPVs. What do you think of retaining some SKS? I use AKMs\RPKs for my Internal Troops, so these weapons would be third line arms that would be stored in arsenals and not issued unless we were actually at war and needed to mobilize\replace a large number of troops (and in such a case they might go to the Internal Troops first).
Last edited by Prosorusiya on Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AH Ossetia (1921-1989)

10th Anniversary: NS User Since 2012

Gondolaulus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gondolaulus » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:01 pm

Prosorusiya wrote:Ok, so maybe I will stockpile some RPDs and DPVs. What do you think of retaining some SKS? I use AKMs\RPKs for my Internal Troops, so these weapons would be third line arms that would be stored in arsenals and not issued unless we were actually at war and needed to mobilize\replace a large number of troops (and in such a case they might go to the Internal Troops first).

Just sell those SKSes on the civil market and make more AKMs/AK74s/whatever your country uses from the said revenue.
Also known as Aulus by some.
I am: Iron Pill, Muslim, native European
PRO: Integralism, Perennialism, Esoterism, Sufism.
ANTI: Salafism, Wahhabism, Daesh, interventionism.

Former history/Catholic theology/philosophy student.
RIP Jochy unjustly deleted defending Islamic pride ☪6-2-2017

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Imperializt Russia wrote:

Very nice. No dedicated ammo bitch though?

i lol'd
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Gondolaulus wrote:
Prosorusiya wrote:Ok, so maybe I will stockpile some RPDs and DPVs. What do you think of retaining some SKS? I use AKMs\RPKs for my Internal Troops, so these weapons would be third line arms that would be stored in arsenals and not issued unless we were actually at war and needed to mobilize\replace a large number of troops (and in such a case they might go to the Internal Troops first).

Just sell those SKSes on the civil market and make more AKMs/AK74s/whatever your country uses from the said revenue.

i'd say SKS are fine rifles themselves anyway.

you don't really need full auto fire capability for dumb conscripts/militia/peasants anyway as they'll just waste their ammo pointlessly and desert when they realize
The Emerald Dawn wrote:I award you no points, and have sent people to make sure your parents refrain from further breeding.
Lyttenburgh wrote:all this is a damning enough evidence to proove you of being an edgy butthurt 'murican teenager with the sole agenda of prooving to the uncaring bitch Web, that "You Have A Point!"
Lyttenburgh wrote:Either that, or, you were gang-raped by commi-nazi russian Spetznaz kill team, who then painted all walls in your house in hammer and sickles, and then viped their asses with the stars and stripes banner in your yard. That's the only logical explanation.

Hurtful Thoughts
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 09, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Hurtful Thoughts » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:59 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:would it make sense to have both a Tarhe-like CH-53K variant and one based on the Mi-26? (along with the CH-53K and Mi-26 themselves)?

i'd reckon having to choose between an Mi-26 and a skycrane based on it the skycrane would probably be more useful

edit: as far as redundancy is concerned, the Mi-26 can carry much more troops (90 vs. 55) . yes, as far as payload goes the difference isn't that much (about 4T) but I do not think it would be unreasonable through a modernized variant to go to say 25T vs. the current 20T, which would mean a difference of 9T, which is considerable.

You mean like Mil Mi-10?

Mil Mi-6 > Mi-10 > Mi-26 as far as development went.

The real difference between the 6 and 26 was the improved drivetrain and omission of the stub-wings in order to make it better at lifting slung loads.

Odd trivia: for awhile, the Mi-6 was the fastest helicopter in the world, it's also kinda one of the biggest and most majestic.
Last edited by Hurtful Thoughts on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook and general referance thread.
HOI <- Storefront (WiP)
Due to population-cuts, military-size currently being revised

The People's Republic of Hurtful Thoughts is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and smutty television.
Mokostana wrote:See, Hurty cared not if the mission succeeded or not, as long as it was spectacular trainwreck. Sometimes that was the host Nation firing a SCUD into a hospital to destroy a foreign infection and accidentally sparking a rebellion... or accidentally starting the Mokan Drug War

Blackhelm Confederacy wrote:If there was only a "like" button for NS posts....

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Hurtful Thoughts wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:would it make sense to have both a Tarhe-like CH-53K variant and one based on the Mi-26? (along with the CH-53K and Mi-26 themselves)?

i'd reckon having to choose between an Mi-26 and a skycrane based on it the skycrane would probably be more useful

edit: as far as redundancy is concerned, the Mi-26 can carry much more troops (90 vs. 55) . yes, as far as payload goes the difference isn't that much (about 4T) but I do not think it would be unreasonable through a modernized variant to go to say 25T vs. the current 20T, which would mean a difference of 9T, which is considerable.

You mean like Mil Mi-10?

Mil Mi-6 > Mi-10 > Mi-26 as far as development went.

The real difference between the 6 and 26 was the improved drivetrain and omission of the stub-wings in order to make it better at lifting slung loads.

Odd trivia: for awhile, the Mi-6 was the fastest helicopter in the world, it's also kinda one of the biggest and most majestic.

I know of the Mi-10, but I mean with a "skeletonized" design like on the Tarhe/Skycrane (not done IRL) . I'm more interested in containers/pods than in sling loading.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:39 pm

MI-6 and Mi-26 are THICC

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:I'm more interested in containers/pods than in sling loading.

The internal bay of an Mi-26 is large enough that any pod you'd want to cary could be just stowed inside.
The bay can fit 110m³, dimensions are 12mx3.2mx3.1m, and the hatch is 2.93mx3.2m.
Last edited by Puzikas on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Puzikas wrote:MI-6 and Mi-26 are THICC

(Image)
(Image)

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:I'm more interested in containers/pods than in sling loading.

The internal bay of an Mi-26 is large enough that any pod you'd want to cary could be just stowed inside.
The bay can fit 110m³, dimensions are 12mx3.2mx3.1m, and the hatch is 2.93mx3.2m.

this can almost (probably will with minor adjustment) fit a 40' iso container inside wat
Last edited by DnalweN acilbupeR on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:55 pm

WOW
WOW
DONT KINKSHAME

Artilleriyskiy Tyagach Tyazholiy is just alternate beauty ;~;

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:this can almost (probably will with minor adjustment) fit a 40' iso container inside wat

Ya
They've airdroped whole airborne Companies with the Mi-26
They can cary BMDs
It's not called a heavy lift helicopter for nothing
Last edited by Puzikas on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goodbye.

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:58 pm

Puzikas wrote:WOW
WOW
DONT KINKSHAME

(Image)

Artilleriyskiy Tyagach Tyazholiy is just alternate beauty ;~;

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:this can almost (probably will with minor adjustment) fit a 40' iso container inside wat

Ya
They've airdroped whole airborne Companies with the Mi-26
They can cary BMDs
It's not called a heavy lift helicopter for nothing

this is why I need a Yak-60

for

GLORY

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Postby Puzikas » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:04 pm

YaKs have a dreadful reputation among pilots and apparently that extended right back to their helicopters
So
There's always the chance you've become a pilot of a YaK which is also sooper large and weird
Which means you are now a U2 pilot?

Goodbye.

DnalweN acilbupeR
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DnalweN acilbupeR » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Puzikas wrote:YaKs have a dreadful reputation among pilots and apparently that extended right back to their helicopters
So
There's always the chance you've become a pilot of a YaK which is also sooper large and weird

hmm the V-12 had both a proposed tandem and a single rotor configuration i might look into that instead then lol.

i suppose a tandem configuration would be better for carrying stuff and not require one-off engines (as i can use 2x or 3x smaller engines per rotor)

sauce
Last edited by DnalweN acilbupeR on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Erutenia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Erutenia » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:49 pm

I thinking about change the fuel of my vehicles (Tanks, APCs, Fighters, etc) into electric engines and biofuel.
ATTENTION: THE ERUTENIAN FEDERATION IS BEING REMODELED, STAY IN THEIR HOMES AND FOLLOW ANY ORDER GIVEN BY THE POLICE OR AUXILIARY UNITS. I REPEAT...
Erutenia: For love, for science, for our federation!

this nation is more complex than it looks
BAD ENGLISH APPROACHING

Scandinavian Nations
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Scandinavian Nations » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Good for you. Is there a question in there?

If it's whether it's practical, biodiesel is OK, you need a little more of it, on the plus side it's close to non-flammable. Electrics are a no go.
Those who don't remember history, are blessed to believe anything is possible when they're repeating it.

Erutenia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Erutenia » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Scandinavian Nations wrote:Good for you. Is there a question in there?

If it's whether it's practical, biodiesel is OK, you need a little more of it, on the plus side it's close to non-flammable. Electrics are a no go.

Good, there are more ways that my army be more eco-friendly?.
ATTENTION: THE ERUTENIAN FEDERATION IS BEING REMODELED, STAY IN THEIR HOMES AND FOLLOW ANY ORDER GIVEN BY THE POLICE OR AUXILIARY UNITS. I REPEAT...
Erutenia: For love, for science, for our federation!

this nation is more complex than it looks
BAD ENGLISH APPROACHING

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Puzikas wrote:WOW
WOW
DONT KINKSHAME

Can you really fault a man for wanting someone that doesn't look like it'll blow away in a stiff wind
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Rhodesialund
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesialund » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:06 pm

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Puzikas wrote:YaKs have a dreadful reputation among pilots and apparently that extended right back to their helicopters
So

hmm the V-12 had both a proposed tandem and a single rotor configuration i might look into that instead then lol.

i suppose a tandem configuration would be better for carrying stuff and not require one-off engines (as i can use 2x or 3x smaller engines per rotor)

sauce

That face I made when I saw the single rotor being powered by D-25V turboshafts.
Name: Valintina/Tina
Bio: President Donald Trump's Concubine

Scandinavian Nations
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Scandinavian Nations » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:26 am

Erutenia wrote:Good, there are more ways that my army be more eco-friendly?.

Recycle your brass, use civilian trucks instead of army models when suitable, use civilian contractors for your logistics. Stick to high-efficiency engines - turbo diesels, not hyperbar or turbines. Use tank transporters liberally, helicopters sparingly. Clean up after your camps and whatnot.

Gondolaulus
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Gondolaulus » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:28 am

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Gondolaulus wrote:Just sell those SKSes on the civil market and make more AKMs/AK74s/whatever your country uses from the said revenue.

you don't really need full auto fire capability for dumb conscripts/militia/peasants anyway as they'll just waste their ammo pointlessly and desert when they realize

It's easier to maintain - and produce - spair parts of one rifle rather than multiple.
Also known as Aulus by some.
I am: Iron Pill, Muslim, native European
PRO: Integralism, Perennialism, Esoterism, Sufism.
ANTI: Salafism, Wahhabism, Daesh, interventionism.

Former history/Catholic theology/philosophy student.
RIP Jochy unjustly deleted defending Islamic pride ☪6-2-2017

The Soodean Imperium
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soodean Imperium » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:50 am

DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
Gondolaulus wrote:Just sell those SKSes on the civil market and make more AKMs/AK74s/whatever your country uses from the said revenue.

And yet dumb conscripts, militia, peasants, insurgents, and actual child soldiers have been using AKMs for fifty years with no major complaints.

"Faster rate of fire means they'll waste ammo and shoot less accurate" is a dead meme from the middle of the 19th century. Er, unless you're proposing an assault rifle that can fire at 1200 rpm or something.

Puz can sperg the details but basically AFAIK there's no real reason to choose SKS over AKM for reservists and militia.
Last harmonized by Hu Jintao on Sat Mar 4, 2006 2:33pm, harmonized 8 times in total.

"In short, when we hastily attribute to aesthetic and inherited faculties the artistic nature of Athenian civilization, we are almost proceeding as did men in the Middle Ages, when fire was explained by phlogiston and the effects of opium by its soporific powers." --Emile Durkheim, 1895
Come join Septentrion!
ICly, this nation is now known as the Socialist Republic of Menghe (대멩 사회주의 궁화국, 大孟社會主義共和國). You can still call me Soode in OOC.

The Soodean Imperium
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soodean Imperium » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:57 am

Korva wrote:God forbid the soldiers actually shoot their bullets, they'll run our ammunition foundries dry!

Muzzle-loading best loading

Can't trust the unwashed conscripts with anything more

Maybe revolvers for officers, but let's not get carried away here
Last harmonized by Hu Jintao on Sat Mar 4, 2006 2:33pm, harmonized 8 times in total.

"In short, when we hastily attribute to aesthetic and inherited faculties the artistic nature of Athenian civilization, we are almost proceeding as did men in the Middle Ages, when fire was explained by phlogiston and the effects of opium by its soporific powers." --Emile Durkheim, 1895
Come join Septentrion!
ICly, this nation is now known as the Socialist Republic of Menghe (대멩 사회주의 궁화국, 大孟社會主義共和國). You can still call me Soode in OOC.

Scandinavian Nations
Ambassador

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Scandinavian Nations » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:08 am

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information