NATION

PASSWORD

Kylaris Recruitment Thread (ARCHIVED)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:46 am

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:
National information
Official Name: Emirate of Sauibya
Shortened Name: Sauibya
Requested Location: Mali. I believe we discussed this?
RP Population: 30 million
Culture and Ethnicity: Mix of Libya and a half-rate Saudi Arabia. Just with a little more poverty. And a little more crazy. Think Mummar Gaddifi, just more "aggressive-aggressive" instead of "passive-aggressive" - 1
Government Type: Theocratic Monarchy
Head of State: The Wazir
Head of Government: Great Sharia Law Council
National Overview: A otherwise unremarkable uninteresting state is Bahia, Sauibya is known for it's extreme salamaic radicalism and it's strange leadership. Leaders in Sauibya are referred to exclusively by their title, and refuse to give any actual names. Sauibya's foundation is believed it be a union of tribes in their region of Northern Coius, but not much is known aside from that. Sauibya is known for it's poverty, having a very low amount of oil, and rarely sells it's oil, rarely trading except with Rosselle, which Sauibya has a fondness for due to Rosselle investments in the country.

In the 19th century, Sauibya was largely a "wild card". Sauibya, then controlled by the self-proclaimed "Caliph" declared war in 1981 on Samastra, for the given reason that Samastra was a "infidel state", but in reality in a attempt to seize oil wells to supplement Sauibya's failing economy, and to gain coastal borders to trade by sea. While at first gaining a few territorial gains, the Samastran counter-attack pushed Sauibyan forces back to the capital, Mumpadoli. The "Calpigh" was deposed and fled the country, going into hiding. His advisory, the Wazir, replaced him, and promptly surrendered to Samastra, and Sauibya was forced to secede Sauibya's northern territories to Samastra. Sauibya, after losing the war, continued spiraling down a isolated hole, refusing to trade or discuss anything with it's neighbors.

2. In the 20s, Sauibya began getting more pro-Kaxakh, and attempted to form a agreement with the country, and the Wazir declared Asteria a "infidel nation". Sauibya attempted to destabilize Asteria, but thier plan was quickly unraveled when Asteria officials, after a chlorine bomb attack in New Haven, caught the Sauibyan agent. Asteria promptly invaded the country, easily destroying it and establishing a unstable, pro-Asterian government. This government, due to attempting to balance the ideas of many different factions, was known to be unstable and erratic in it's foreign policy, being known to "lash out" and call it's neighbors "infidels" at random.

The Wazir's agents infiltrated the government, and on 2014, August 14th, a coup took place in the ruins of Mumpadoli, where the Wazir and his loyalists took power. Upon taking power, the government re-instated the numerous religious laws and attempted to enter talks with it's former rival, Samastra, attributed to Samastra's "rising power". Sauibya remains what is considered to be a joke amongst Bahian nations, with it's military having barely modernized and continuing to use outdated Cold War weapons. Sauibya has attempted to "improve" it's air force in recent times, but the majority of it's air force are composed of Great War-era bombers. Sauibya is believed to have hidden it's old stock of illegal chemical weapons it used during the Samastra-Sauibya war, in secret bunkers throughout the country, but how potent the weapons are remain a mystery.
Other:
Factbook: I will make one...yeah, as if.
RP Preferences: Military, Diplomatic.
RP Samples: (If not available, ask for a prompt.)
Anything else?:

1. I assume this is supposed to go elsewhere, but for ethnicity we can mirror Mali yes?
2. I assume this wasn't the 1920s : P

Also as a heads up, you're a former Gaullican colony until the end of the Great War when jurisdiction over you went to Werania and then independence came.

1 - Correct.
2 - Yes.

Very good, very good. Am I accepted?

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:48 am

Sure thing, only question tho: what year did the invasion by Asteria occur?

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 am

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Sure thing, only question tho: what year did the invasion by Asteria occur?

I admit, this was before the reboot, remember what was happening before the reboot? I would assume like 2014, thought maybe it could be pushed back to like 2011 or something. What do you think?

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:51 am

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:Sure thing, only question tho: what year did the invasion by Asteria occur?

I admit, this was before the reboot, remember what was happening before the reboot? I would assume like 2014, thought maybe it could be pushed back to like 2011 or something. What do you think?

I'd ask NAR (if you need to TG him - Alinora)

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:53 am

I'd ask NAR (if you need to TG him - Alinora)

I did. He said it was okay, but I should talk to him to hammer it out.

But, am I am cleared for posting? Like, accepted?

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:10 am

Oh god not Saubiya again

Can we enforce a modicum of realism this time
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:13 am

Senkaku wrote:Oh god not Saubiya again

Muahahahaha, NEVER!

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:15 am

Actually yes, we can.

The Realism Police have arrived. Targets include: Hank, Harlaus

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:20 am

Actually yes, we can.

So, anyway, am I accepted?

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:31 am

Actually yes, we can.

Yup, just some realistic sanity pls

(and use a real person this time kek)

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:32 am

Yup, just some realistic sanity pls

(and use a real person this time kek)

What does kek mean?

And yes, I will be using some of that foul sanity nonsense that ye speak of. But I warn ye, despair.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:38 pm

This time Saubiya won't have Kax backing it up though, unless PENB aligns itself as a military alliance loosely connected with the CSS.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:This time Saubiya won't have Kax backing it up though, unless PENB aligns itself as a military alliance loosely connected with the CSS.

I know.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:26 pm

@Hank if the memes get too out of hand, I'll follow the newly-set Khataghi Precedent and park some cruisers offshore or something and fuck shit up.
Last edited by Senkaku on Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Senkaku wrote:@Hank if the memes get too out of hand, I'll follow the newly-set Khataghi Precedent and park some cruisers offshore or something and fuck shit up.

Don't worry, I will behave.

Though, If I'm correct, Sauibya is landlocked.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:52 pm

Senkaku wrote:@Hank if the memes get too out of hand, I'll follow the newly-set Khataghi Precedent and park some cruisers offshore or something and fuck shit up.

I will quite gladly assist with this. I've invaded Hank's nation once, and I'll do it again.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:03 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:

I will quite gladly assist with this. I've invaded Hank's nation once, and I'll do it again.

Why must you ruin my vibes with this talk? I ain't done no meming, less it was in-character.

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:43 pm

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:Sauibya is landlocked.

Missiles don't require nearby sea platforms to be effective.

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:I ain't done no meming, less it was in-character.

That's what we're talking about. *fondles nuclear-tipped ICBMs* Cut that shit out, fam.

Lunas Legion wrote:

CSS and QTO make up after Operation 0185 with an invasion question mark :p (kidding)

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Alleniana wrote:Anyone want to form a pro-meme coalition?

"And that's how the Kylaric Meme Wars began" :p

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:52 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Anyone want to form a pro-meme coalition?

"And that's how the Kylaric Meme Wars began" :p

Noncanon Meme, Hetalia and Vanilluminati RPs, what next

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:41 am

Alleniana wrote:
Senkaku wrote:"And that's how the Kylaric Meme Wars began" :p

Noncanon Meme, Hetalia and Vanilluminati RPs, what next

>Kylaris hetalia
dear god I want to die now
worst part is that there is probably a actual Kylaris hetalia IC

E:
I just realized that Hetalia Glytter would literally just be a blond hunk covered in glitter running around waving a LGBT flag and yelling FABULOUS while Svet and Raglan punch each other
Last edited by Western Pacific Territories on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Intermountain States
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:51 am

Western Pacific Territories wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Noncanon Meme, Hetalia and Vanilluminati RPs, what next

>Kylaris hetalia
dear god I want to die now
worst part is that there is probably a actual Kylaris hetalia IC

E:
I just realized that Hetalia Glytter would literally just be a blond hunk covered in glitter running around waving a LGBT flag and yelling FABULOUS while Svet and Raglan punch each other

Hetalia...
Purge
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:32 pm

Hey, I am considering applying here. I just looked at the map, I was wishing to do a Japan-esque state but I can see Nihon (Japan I am assuming) is already a thing, so what is needed?
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:35 pm

Cresadine wrote:Hey, I am considering applying here. I just looked at the map, I was wishing to do a Japan-esque state but I can see Nihon (Japan I am assuming) is already a thing, so what is needed?

Not sure really. I'm not a expert, but you'd need to get the idea greenlighted first with Glytter, we just approved our version of Korea actually. If you do then ask Senkaku for tips.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information