NATION

PASSWORD

Tiandi Regional Sign-up Thread [MT RPing Region]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luzhou
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Luzhou » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:08 am

Arumdaum wrote:Ahhh if it's cheap manual labor imports that's fine you don't need to change it

Great. Is everything else okay?

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:11 am

Dae I thought your nation was supposed to be developing?? But Econ numbers are at SK and Taiwan levels
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Daeseong
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:34 am

Arumdaum wrote:Dae I thought your nation was supposed to be developing?? But Econ numbers are at SK and Taiwan levels

I thought we agreed that this nation would be relatively developed and even agreed on these numbers via irc?

Himmelstadt
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Himmelstadt » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:44 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Himmelstadt
Real life culture influence: Switzerland
Real life culture of former colonizer: Korean
Population: 8.5 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $55,300
GDP (nominal) per capita: $81,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): 150,000 / 25,000+50,000 conscripts. Mandatory military service for all able-bodied and minded persons over 18 to be completed by the age of 34, adding the conscripts to the reserve forces on an annual basis.
Language(s): German, French, Italian, Romansh official. Korean widely understood and official.
Nation description:
A mountainous coastal nation with a temperate climate and alpine peaks, now famous as a thriving financial center as much as for its cows with bells, yodeling, precision manufacturing, and chocolate. Its relatively low population is somewhat crowded by the hilly terrain, with major cities along the coast.

Himmelstadt was previously a small collection of unorganized and highly independent towns, colonized by Jeongmi for strategic purposes. Colonization turned Himmelstadt into a base and key trading post with a good economic foundation. The Jeongmi have left their mark - what was once the land of a thousand steeples now welcomes Korean as an official language alongside the native German, with a mixture of the two used frequently in casual speech and slang. Hangul is often seen second to local Latin script on signage and communications. Confucian tradition introduced by the colonizers has heavily influenced the social hierarchy alongside reformist Christian beliefs. Indeed, when Himmelstadt gained independence, the nation nominally became a confederacy of the towns and cities in the area. In reality, Himmelstadt became a presidential republic with a strong executive - only one party has ever been in power despite a plethora of opposition options.

Himmelstadt's relaxed commercial and industrial laws have attracted investment, which in turn has built a healthy business class. Environmental protections have increased in magnitude in recent years, made simpler by the general sectoral shift towards service-based industries from the 1980s through 2000s. Long a maker of fine watches and precision gearing, Himmelstadt's high-precision light manufacturing has also found applications in the medical and aerospace industries as traditional manufacturing has declined.

Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Certainly
Main nation on NS: Ventalia
Main/puppet/NPC: N/A
Link to map claim (optional): Already on map
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Through you, Arumdaum!
The Confederacy of Himmelstadt
Alt of Ventalia

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Toishima » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:45 pm

I think a bit too rich
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Sabara
Senator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Toishima wrote:I think a bit too rich

Its already been approved, Himmelstadr is someone we know and trust from our old region.
A unique MT rp: Tiandi

Yalalt Gazar
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yalalt Gazar » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Before I start my application, I would like to disclose that I am not new to NS. I was active in a few RP regions a while back, but I quit due to realizing my own immaturity, my detrimental effect on the region, and my lack of quality and originality in RP. While I would not like to publicly reveal my identity, I would be fine with telling a regional official, and I would also be fine with an RP prompt.

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Yalalt Gajar
Real life culture influence: Mongolia
Real life culture of former colonizer: Qing Chinese
Population: 5 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: 12,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: 4,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): 30,000/100,000
Language(s): Kalgaljan (Mongolian written in Hangul with modifications), Mandarin (unofficial, heavy governmental, social, economic discrimination against speakers), Korean (unofficial, becoming main business language, also used by politicians and bureaucrats to avoid confronting the issue of Chinese repression)
Nation description: A bit more mountainous than Mongolia, cold climate, extremely rural. The economy is mainly driven by the enormous gas fields in the plains, with some copper and iron mining in the mountains, topped off with heavy production of cereal grains. The only big city is the capital, Uuryn Kot, which has a tiny financial district consisting mainly of energy companies and agricultural banking. The government is trying to foster a nascent technological sector, focusing mainly on microchip manufacturing. Yalalt Auto produces crappy cars for the domestic market (think Lada), but it's a major exporter of diesel engines.

Yalalt Gajar started as an extension of an empire. The invasion was smooth, as there weren't that many locals in the way. A small, disjointed group of farmers settled in the plains, eventually moving to the mountains for a reliable water source. The mountain farmers eventually developed their own language and culture, and the empire's power was basically null. With the empire's fall, different bands of invaders staked their claim in Yalalt Gajar. As they were disparate, they were not able to effectively fight the locals, since the locals had brought weapons from the empire as well. One of these groups, the Tungwan, eventually assimilated. They brought agricultural and more recent technical knowledge, which was enough to expand Yalalt Gajar's borders into the fallen empire. In this new land, they established what would become Uuryn Kot. While unsuccessful, further attempts at expansion over the years brought in new cultures. That is, until the Qing Chinese came.They maintained control from the early 18th century until the beginning of the 20th century, when nationalist resistance mounted. The colonizers were driven out after five years of heavy fighting. This was more of a realization on the part of the colonizers of the lack of value in fighting the war than any crushing blow. The nationalists were quick to set up cultural dominance over the Chinese that remained. Majority colonizer villages were destroyed, and the government was restructured to systematically exclude the Chinese. Today, while the policies are relaxed, and the culture is rebuilding somewhat, the official position of the government is to deny them opportunities.

Yalalt Gajar is somewhat globally irrelevant, but it is a very militaristic state relative to its size, owing to its history of conflict and its general culture. Every citizen is required to serve three years in the military before they turn 30, unless they have a disqualifying condition, such as a disability, or being Chinese. Its economy is on the rise, and it is constantly signing pacts and trade agreements to boost its international clout. Yalalt Gajar uses a state capitalist system with heavy protectionism. However, it is undergoing market liberalization, which has created skyrocketing wealth disparity. While Yalalt Gajar is officially a republic, its electoral process is often corrupted, and only recently has the Chinese population been re-enfranchised. The prime minister exerts an immense amount of power, and the dissolution of Parliament is commonplace. Yalaltian nationalism remains strong, and fascism is a rising force. This has led to extreme tensions over the repression of the Chinese, and casual racism is commonplace.

Most Yalaltians follow Yalaltian Buddhism, which is much more centralized than most other forms of Buddhism. Confucianism is a permeating force throughout Yalalt Gajar, despite the repression of the Chinese. 5% are Muslim.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: This will be mine
Main/puppet/NPC: None atm
Link to map claim (optional):
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Loose ties to my old region
Last edited by Yalalt Gazar on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:51 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012

Postby Legatia » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:13 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Takamori/Youshin (鷹森)
Real life culture influence: Japan
Real life culture of former colonizer: Japan/Akitsukuni
Population: 33,450,621
GDP (PPP) per capita: 35,873
GDP (nominal) per capita: 38,241
Military manpower (active/reserve): 32,620 active/ 12,240 reserve
Language(s): Youshini/Yashimese (both spoken commonly by general public due to to similarities.)
Nation description: Was home to a large amount of independent, agricultural based feudal society until 1500s, when society became much more liberal. Was conquered in early 1800s by Akitsukuni, and was a part of Dai Akitsu Teikoku until an embarassing (for Akitsukuni)) revolt at the end of the Eulhae War. Whereas Akitsukuni is incredibly right wing, Youshin is much more liberal comparitavely, and this among other sentiments has lead to governmental sentiments against eachother in Akitsukuni and Youshin, though civilian opinions are much friendlier.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: yeah
Main nation on NS: Legatia
Main/puppet/NPC: will be using a puppet
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): district/luepolska
Last edited by Legatia on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kentsland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentsland » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Toishima wrote:
Kentsland wrote: Real life culture of former colonizer: Qinyue
Population: 22.6M
GDP (PPP) per capita: $11,266
GDP (nominal) per capita: $254B
Nation description: Once a collection of petty Kingdoms of Dukedoms, the nation achieved independence following the Eulhae War and is a regional power in Gunju due to the relative stability and lack of government strife. A Second World country, the nation's economy depends heavily on the export of natural resources, including the mining, lumber, whaling, fishing and agricultural industries. The government is a a constitutional monarchy with a Grand Duke as the sovereign and an elected Lord Chancellor. Major issues include crime, poverty, exploitation of resources, worker's rights and the protection of civil & social liberties. http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Kentsland

Qinyue no longer exists, and I executed Senkaku a while ago. You will have to change this. Gungjun nations are now poorer than ever and far more limited as well, so you may not be a second world nation, though I am for having some Gungjun nations be more powerful than the rest. Having a GDP(N) per capita of 254 billion is pretty disturbing, so I hope that is a typo or a miscalculation. This app needs to be revised before acceptance.

AMENDMENT TO ABOVE: SHENGUO/DISTRICT

On second thought, I believe we need further review to allow a newer player to become the Mandarin colonial power. Consider the Shenguo application to be pending review instead.

Oh wow, a lot of things that I'll have to rearrange. Might completely tweak it around. I'll be on IRC to discuss colonizers when I'm free, and I thought the GDP was total not per capita. Will rework that as well.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Greater Deshret wrote:NATION APPLICATION
Shortform name: Deshret
Real life culture influence: Ancient Egypt, Persia and Mesopotamia
Real life culture of former colonizer: No single coloniser; various countries held spheres of influence and "concessions"
Population: 92,101,000
GDP (PPP) per capita: $17,900
GDP (nominal) per capita: $8,844
Military manpower (active/reserve): 973,600 total; 575,100 active, 398,500 reserves
Language(s): Egyptian, Akkadian, Nubian, Arabic, Farsi
Nation description: Millennia-old desert civilisation rising from out of the Piaro River Valley and expanding outwards under successive dynasties of god-kings to establish a large and long-lasting empire. Subject to humiliation and the imposition of unequal treaties by colonial powers after the decline of the 41st dynasty, modern day Deshret has established itself as a moderate regional power under the reforming monarchs of the 42nd dynasty, with close ties to major Sinju powers. Still struggles with widespread poverty, ethnic tensions and occasional agitation against the autocratic regime.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Within reason.
Main nation on NSOld Tyrannia
Main/puppet/NPC: Puppet

Accepted.

Luzhou wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Luzhou
Real life culture influence: Hong Kong & Singapore and to a lesser extent, Macau.
Real life culture of former colonizer: A prominent Chinese cultured coloniser, I don't really know which one though.
Population: 6,432,890
GDP (PPP) per capita: $56,108
GDP (nominal) per capita: $61,240
Military manpower (active/reserve): 71,000 (active) 320,000 (reserve)
Language(s): Mandarin, Malay, English
Nation description: Luzhou is a densely populated and multicultural city state divided between an island and mainland with a population over over six million. The ethnic groups in the city are divided primarily between Mandarin, Malay and English speaking peoples. It is a centre of commerce and tourism. It is also a port city. However not all of the state is city, the northern part of the country is covered by tropical rainforest. The government is secular and democratic and is starting to become more progressive following years of a more conservative way of ruling.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes.
Main nation on NS: Kwadai
Link to map claim (optional): I haven't decided yet.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I saw Tiandi in the list of embassies of my main region and thought it looked quite good.

Accepted. No more wealthy city-states after this nation, however. I'll find a good location for you, unless you have a better idea of where you want to place it.

The IASM wrote:Shortform name: Adongo
Real life culture influence: Bantu cultures
Real life culture of former colonizer: A Korean or Chinese culture of some kind would work, of some regions of the country.
Population: 202,210,549
GDP (PPP) per capita: 5,360
GDP (nominal) per capita: 3,005.51
Military manpower (active/reserve): 652447/3,033,158 (including paramilitary groups) (this is a mostly Soviet/ 80s Chinese inspired force in terms of equipment)
Language(s): Official - Chewa, Kikongo, Korean unoffical: Lingala, Swahili, Tshiluba, Tonga, Chiyao
Nation description:

The Hierophancy of Adango is a very authoritarian, Pan-Bantu entity ruled in by the dominant three Hierarchs and the mysterious Hierophants who have been in power since the 1920s, when they forcefully annexed their economically weaker regions. Currently ruled by the shadowy autocrat Hierophant of Unity Makwangala Banda and his subservient triarchy of the three Patriarchs. Banda is the grandson of the previous Hierophant, Kamzu Banda who was involved in the country’s foundation with succession being described as an agnatic elective affair limited to the Banda dynasty.

The current three patriarchs are the Patriarch of Truth, the Patriarch of Humility and the Patriarch of Peace. Each lose their original names once they adopt their title and serve as the joint executives of the nation, administrating in the name of Makwangala who has taken an increasingly reduced role in governance. The main administration of the Hierophancy is a ruthless and oppressive one, forcibly modernising the nation through a combination of state capitalism and dirigisme. The economy of Adongo is predominantly resource based based upon the exploitation of its natural wealth while being cautious to protect its leakage. They’ve also been known for their large amounts of outsourcing within the nation, especially in the urban areas were the countries lose application of safety laws are often exploited.

The nation’s massively multi-ethnic nature is in the process of being carefully eroded with the forced redistribution of populations and indoctrination of the youth however both of these has further radicalised these minorities who often are exploited the state’s ambition.

The state faith of Pangano is a henotheistic faith, based around a complex system of multiple gods of which the great two of Kuta and Mune who operate as dualistic opposites. While it is a henotheist faith technically, the Hierophancy has adopted a kathenotheist stance on the matter of faith turning Kuta into a being used to justify the rule of the Hierophancy and their de facto caste system approach. Other religions which are present in some form or another are present in the vast rural areas of the nation, such as fetishism, Druze, Confucianism and Buddhism. These are often suppressed when possible by the Hierophancy.

Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Sure. I'd like multiple people to have ruled over Adango if possible.
Link to map claim (optional):http://imgur.com/a/TCxIp
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional):

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Adongo
Real life culture influence: Bantu, Ethopian, Egyptian cultures.
Real life culture of former colonizer: A Korean or Chinese culture of some kind would work, of some regions of the country.
Population: 202,210,549
GDP (PPP) per capita: 5,360
GDP (nominal) per capita: 3,005.51
Military manpower (active/reserve): 652,447/3,033,158 (including paramilitary groups) (this is a mostly Soviet/80s Chinese inspired force in terms of equipment although it has been modernised)
Language(s): Official - Chewa, Kikongo, Korean unofficial: Lingala, Swahili, Tshiluba, Tonga, Chiyao
Nation description: The Heavenly Kingdom of Adango and Mizhou is a very authoritarian, Pan-Bantu entity ruled in by the dominant three Hierarchs and the mysterious Hierophants who have been in power since the 1920s, when they forcefully annexed their economically weaker regions. Currently ruled by the shadowy autocrat Hierophant of Mizhou Makwangala Banda and his subservient triarchy of the three Patriarchs. Banda is the grandson of the previous Hierophant, Kamzu Banda who was involved in the country’s foundation with succession being described as an agnatic elective affair limited to the Banda dynasty.

The current three patriarchs are the Patriarch of Truth, the Patriarch of Humility and the Patriarch of Peace. Each lose their original names once they adopt their title and serve as the joint executives of the nation, administrating in the name of Makwangala who has taken an increasingly reduced role in governance. The main administration of the Heavenly Kingdom is a ruthless and oppressive one, forcibly modernising the nation through a combination of state capitalism and dirigisme. The economy of Adongo is predominantly resource-based upon the exploitation of its natural wealth while being cautious to protect its leakage. They’ve also been known for their large amounts of outsourcing within the nation, especially in the urban areas were the countries lose application of safety laws are often exploited.

The nation’s massively multi-ethnic nature is in the process of being carefully eroded with the forced redistribution of populations and indoctrination of the youth however both of these has further radicalised these minorities who often are exploited the state’s ambition.

The state faith of Pangano is a henotheistic faith, based around a complex system of multiple gods of which the great two of Kuta and Mune who operate as dualistic opposites. While it is a henotheist faith technically, the Hierophancy has adopted a kathenotheist stance on the matter of faith turning Kuta into a being used to justify the rule of the Hierophancy and their de facto caste system approach. Other religions which are present in some form or another are present in the vast rural areas of the nation, such as fetishism, Manicheanism, Confucianism and Buddhism. These are often suppressed when possible by the Hierophancy.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yep
Main nation on NS: The IASM
Main/puppet/NPC: New Alotos
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional):

Accepted.
Last edited by Arumdaum on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:47 pm

Himmelstadt wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Himmelstadt
Real life culture influence: Switzerland
Real life culture of former colonizer: Korean
Population: 8.5 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $55,300
GDP (nominal) per capita: $81,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): 150,000 / 25,000+50,000 conscripts. Mandatory military service for all able-bodied and minded persons over 18 to be completed by the age of 34, adding the conscripts to the reserve forces on an annual basis.
Language(s): German, French, Italian, Romansh official. Korean widely understood and official.
Nation description:
A mountainous coastal nation with a temperate climate and alpine peaks, now famous as a thriving financial center as much as for its cows with bells, yodeling, precision manufacturing, and chocolate. Its relatively low population is somewhat crowded by the hilly terrain, with major cities along the coast.

Himmelstadt was previously a small collection of unorganized and highly independent towns, colonized by Jeongmi for strategic purposes. Colonization turned Himmelstadt into a base and key trading post with a good economic foundation. The Jeongmi have left their mark - what was once the land of a thousand steeples now welcomes Korean as an official language alongside the native German, with a mixture of the two used frequently in casual speech and slang. Hangul is often seen second to local Latin script on signage and communications. Confucian tradition introduced by the colonizers has heavily influenced the social hierarchy alongside reformist Christian beliefs. Indeed, when Himmelstadt gained independence, the nation nominally became a confederacy of the towns and cities in the area. In reality, Himmelstadt became a presidential republic with a strong executive - only one party has ever been in power despite a plethora of opposition options.

Himmelstadt's relaxed commercial and industrial laws have attracted investment, which in turn has built a healthy business class. Environmental protections have increased in magnitude in recent years, made simpler by the general sectoral shift towards service-based industries from the 1980s through 2000s. Long a maker of fine watches and precision gearing, Himmelstadt's high-precision light manufacturing has also found applications in the medical and aerospace industries as traditional manufacturing has declined.

Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Certainly
Main nation on NS: Ventalia
Main/puppet/NPC: N/A
Link to map claim (optional): Already on map
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Through you, Arumdaum!

Accepted. No other Gungjun nation will be allowed to even approach anywhere near this level of wealthy.

Legatia wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Takamori/Youshin (鷹森)
Real life culture influence: Japan
Real life culture of former colonizer: Japan/Akitsukuni
Population: 33,450,621
GDP (PPP) per capita: 35,873
GDP (nominal) per capita: 38,241
Military manpower (active/reserve): 32,620 active/ 12,240 reserve
Language(s): Youshini/Yashimese (both spoken commonly by general public due to to similarities.)
Nation description: Was home to a large amount of independent, agricultural based feudal society until 1500s, when society became much more liberal. Was conquered in early 1800s by Akitsukuni, and was a part of Dai Akitsu Teikoku until an embarassing (for Akitsukuni)) revolt at the end of the Eulhae War. Whereas Akitsukuni is incredibly right wing, Youshin is much more liberal comparitavely, and this among other sentiments has lead to governmental sentiments against eachother in Akitsukuni and Youshin, though civilian opinions are much friendlier.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: yeah
Main nation on NS: Legatia
Main/puppet/NPC: will be using a puppet
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): district/luepolska

Accepted.
Last edited by Arumdaum on Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deusaeuri
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deusaeuri » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:49 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Lau
Real life culture influence: Central-North China
Real life culture of former colonizer: n/a
Population: ~43,074,800
GDP (PPP) per capita: $38,612 NSD
GDP (nominal) per capita: $30,981 NSD
Military manpower (active/reserve): 152,100 active, 136,00 reserve
Language(s): Mandarin Chinese
Nation description: Lau, officially the Kingdom of the Great Lau, is a constitutional monarchy with power vested in a democratically elected parliament. It's string of government goes back thousands of years, interconnected by a number of dynasties ruling over the area. The current dynasty took power in the early 19th century, and began to experiment with a sort of enlightened absolutism in an attempt to recreate the success of northern empire, who benefited greatly from their naval empires with the land-based routes of the south dwindled in relevance. When this failed, a major shift was made to it's current state, granting it's small number of colonies independence and pursuing modern, liberal policies in governance. Today, Lau today maintains a mixed economy with a strong focus on service, with dwindling but still notable industrial and agricultural sectors. It is known for it's contributions to literature, performing arts, and other cultural outlets.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes.
Main nation on NS: Deusaeuri
Main/puppet/NPC: The Great Lau
Link to map claim (optional): http://puu.sh/pXtPs/863b94a3af.png
Last edited by Deusaeuri on Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zangsabaar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zangsabaar » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:04 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Indrayana
Real life culture influence: Cultural/Religious/Geographic: (Northeast) India, Pakistan, Nepal. Specifically Rajput/Hindustani areas (Punjab+)
Real life culture of former colonizer: East Asian (Likely Mandarin, possibly Japanese)
Population: 58,500,000
GDP (PPP) per capita: $33,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: $22,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): Active: 220,000 | Reserve: 480,000
Language(s): Native: Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati, Rajasthani, Nepali, Sindhi | Adminsitrative: Mandarin Chinese (or Japanese), some Korean.
Nation description:
IIwiki

Indrayana is a medium-sized mostly developed Hindustani nation with a rich religious and cultural history. It is the birthplace of Sikhism, which is the religion of 80% of Indrayans, and the homeland of the Indrastani people (Punjabis/Rajputs) who make up 70% of the population. It originated as a nation with a strong warrior tradition (like RL Nepal and Punjab) and was desired as a protectorate by (Colonizer) as it provided well-trained native soldiers (think Gurkhas or British Sikh Regiment) to the Empire. Following Eulhae, Indrayana gained independence under the Maharaja's father. It transitioned from a long history of absolute monarchial rule to a constitutional monarchy that is extremely centralized. It has a long history with its neighbour, Arjunalore, and with its former colonial master. Today, the Indrayan economy is mostly based around exporting spices, its strong banking, finance and IT sector, and automotive exports, which collectively make up 40% of the economy. Geographically, Indrayana is mountainous in the North (subject to change) and turns into flat riverlands as it approaches the coast.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yes
Main nation on NS: Zangsabaar (Indrayana if accepted)
Main/puppet/NPC: Main
Link to map claim (optional): ---
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I was here shortly after it was first created by Arum.
Last edited by Zangsabaar on Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Reph.

Looking for a new and exciting RP Region full of opportunity? Check out Tiandi!

Daeseong
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:25 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: The United Rajahnate
Real life culture influence: Mid and South India
Real life culture of former colonizer: Aki-sama pls
Population: 182,000,000
GDP (PPP) per capita: 24,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: 19,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): 363,000 |2,570,000
Language(s): Marathi, Telugu (Official Language)Japanese, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, *?Oriya?, *?Bengali?
*Not sure if I want to include these last two language groups, yet
Nation description: One large, diverse nation united under a common constitutional monarch. Both traditionalistic (with a surviving monarchy and vestiges of a largely ceremonial aristocracy) yet modern (with the fastest growing tech industry and a profound love of education). Will add more later as canon development talks are underway.
Tl;dr Akitsukuni takes over some islands and coastal cities for the empire, and uses diplomacy to gain control of the Rahjanate indirectly, perhaps helping its monarch, Arjun II, to unite the many kingdoms included. Akitsukuni closely "allies" with the Rahjanate and using its massive resources and population to challenge Jeongmian hegemony.

This colonization would be essentially non-abusive, non-acerbic, and even beneficial to the locals who would value Akitsukuni was a prized "ally" and "friend," mostly because actually colonizing the Rahjanate would be extremely difficult and even dangerous. United Rahjanate (UR) Sepoys and Gurkhas would volunteer to serve in the Akitsukunese empire until and even beyond Eulhae while its economy would be closely and intricately linked with that of Akitsukuni. Maybe the rahjanate would never be a formal colony, but just deeply within the Akitsukunese SOI, while being a de facto colonial possession.

After the fall of the Empire, the Rahjanate would continue to oppose Jeongmi on its own accord, but eventually liberalize.

This will also explain who akitsukuni traded with during the period of isolationism in sinju, preventing it from collapsing entirely.
The Rahjanate will be a very extraordinary example of Akitsukunese colonialism, motivated by fear of a war or rebllion by the Rahjanate because Rahjanate workers and soldiers would be very common in all colonies and maybe even the Akitsukunese home islands, and also because the Rahjanate's resources became extremely important and the Akitsukunese preferred to let the locals dig it up for them and trick them into paying less than market price... somehow?

Main nation on NS: This
Main/puppet/NPC: This
Link to map claim (optional): Just gimme Parbhani and those islands off its coast, please.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I live here

Also, dibs on future Russian Ground [Includes S-400 and all ground based weapons platforms that aren't small arms], Indian arsenal
Last edited by Daeseong on Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sabara
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:33 pm

Daeseong wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: The United Rajahnate
Real life culture influence: Mid and South India
Real life culture of former colonizer: Aki-sama pls
Population: 182,000,000
GDP (PPP) per capita: 24,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: 19,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): 363,000 |2,570,000
Language(s): Marathi, Telugu (Official Language)Japanese, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, *?Oriya?, *?Bengali?
*Not sure if I want to include these last two language groups, yet
Nation description: One large, diverse nation united under a common constitutional monarch. Both traditionalistic (with a surviving monarchy and vestiges of a largely ceremonial aristocracy) yet modern (with the fastest growing tech industry and a profound love of education). Will add more later as canon development talks are underway.
Tl;dr Akitsukuni takes over some islands and coastal cities for the empire, and uses diplomacy to gain control of the Rahjanate indirectly, perhaps helping its monarch, Arjun II, to unite the many kingdoms included. Akitsukuni closely "allies" with the Rahjanate and using its massive resources and population to challenge Jeongmian hegemony.

This colonization would be essentially non-abusive, non-acerbic, and even beneficial to the locals who would value Akitsukuni was a prized "ally" and "friend," mostly because actually colonizing the Rahjanate would be extremely difficult and even dangerous. United Rahjanate (UR) Sepoys and Gurkhas would volunteer to serve in the Akitsukunese empire until and even beyond Eulhae while its economy would be closely and intricately linked with that of Akitsukuni. Maybe the rahjanate would never be a formal colony, but just deeply within the Akitsukunese SOI, while being a de facto colonial possession.

After the fall of the Empire, the Rahjanate would continue to oppose Jeongmi on its own accord, but eventually liberalize.

This will also explain who akitsukuni traded with during the period of isolationism in sinju, preventing it from collapsing entirely.
The Rahjanate will be a very extraordinary example of Akitsukunese colonialism, motivated by fear of a war or rebllion by the Rahjanate because Rahjanate workers and soldiers would be very common in all colonies and maybe even the Akitsukunese home islands, and also because the Rahjanate's resources became extremely important and the Akitsukunese preferred to let the locals dig it up for them and trick them into paying less than market price... somehow?

Main nation on NS: This
Main/puppet/NPC: This
Link to map claim (optional): Just gimme Parbhani and those islands off its coast, please.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I live here

Also, dibs on future Russian Ground [Includes S-400 and all ground based weapons platforms that aren't small arms], Indian arsenal

Accepted.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:33 pm

Yalalt Gazar wrote:Before I start my application, I would like to disclose that I am not new to NS. I was active in a few RP regions a while back, but I quit due to realizing my own immaturity, my detrimental effect on the region, and my lack of quality and originality in RP. While I would not like to publicly reveal my identity, I would be fine with telling a regional official, and I would also be fine with an RP prompt.

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Yalalt Gajar
Real life culture influence: Mongolia
Real life culture of former colonizer: Qing Chinese
Population: 5 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: 12,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: 4,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): 30,000/100,000
Language(s): Kalgaljan (Mongolian written in Hangul with modifications), Mandarin (unofficial, heavy governmental, social, economic discrimination against speakers), Korean (unofficial, becoming main business language, also used by politicians and bureaucrats to avoid confronting the issue of Chinese repression)
Nation description: A bit more mountainous than Mongolia, cold climate, extremely rural. The economy is mainly driven by the enormous gas fields in the plains, with some copper and iron mining in the mountains, topped off with heavy production of cereal grains. The only big city is the capital, Uuryn Kot, which has a tiny financial district consisting mainly of energy companies and agricultural banking. The government is trying to foster a nascent technological sector, focusing mainly on microchip manufacturing. Yalalt Auto produces crappy cars for the domestic market (think Lada), but it's a major exporter of diesel engines.

Yalalt Gajar started as an extension of an empire. The invasion was smooth, as there weren't that many locals in the way. A small, disjointed group of farmers settled in the plains, eventually moving to the mountains for a reliable water source. The mountain farmers eventually developed their own language and culture, and the empire's power was basically null. With the empire's fall, different bands of invaders staked their claim in Yalalt Gajar. As they were disparate, they were not able to effectively fight the locals, since the locals had brought weapons from the empire as well. One of these groups, the Tungwan, eventually assimilated. They brought agricultural and more recent technical knowledge, which was enough to expand Yalalt Gajar's borders into the fallen empire. In this new land, they established what would become Uuryn Kot. While unsuccessful, further attempts at expansion over the years brought in new cultures. That is, until the Qing Chinese came.They maintained control from the early 18th century until the beginning of the 20th century, when nationalist resistance mounted. The colonizers were driven out after five years of heavy fighting. This was more of a realization on the part of the colonizers of the lack of value in fighting the war than any crushing blow. The nationalists were quick to set up cultural dominance over the Chinese that remained. Majority colonizer villages were destroyed, and the government was restructured to systematically exclude the Chinese. Today, while the policies are relaxed, and the culture is rebuilding somewhat, the official position of the government is to deny them opportunities.

Yalalt Gajar is somewhat globally irrelevant, but it is a very militaristic state relative to its size, owing to its history of conflict and its general culture. Every citizen is required to serve three years in the military before they turn 30, unless they have a disqualifying condition, such as a disability, or being Chinese. Its economy is on the rise, and it is constantly signing pacts and trade agreements to boost its international clout. Yalalt Gajar uses a state capitalist system with heavy protectionism. However, it is undergoing market liberalization, which has created skyrocketing wealth disparity. While Yalalt Gajar is officially a republic, its electoral process is often corrupted, and only recently has the Chinese population been re-enfranchised. The prime minister exerts an immense amount of power, and the dissolution of Parliament is commonplace. Yalaltian nationalism remains strong, and fascism is a rising force. This has led to extreme tensions over the repression of the Chinese, and casual racism is commonplace.

Most Yalaltians follow Yalaltian Buddhism, which is much more centralized than most other forms of Buddhism. Confucianism is a permeating force throughout Yalalt Gajar, despite the repression of the Chinese. 5% are Muslim.
Main nation on NS: This will be mine
Main/puppet/NPC: None atm
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Loose ties to my old region

Accepted.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:34 pm

Deusaeuri wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Lau
Real life culture influence: Central-North China
Real life culture of former colonizer: n/a
Population: ~43,074,800
GDP (PPP) per capita: $38,612 NSD
GDP (nominal) per capita: $30,981 NSD
Military manpower (active/reserve): 152,100 active, 136,00 reserve
Language(s): Mandarin Chinese
Nation description: Lau, officially the Kingdom of the Great Lau, is a constitutional monarchy with power vested in a democratically elected parliament. It's string of government goes back thousands of years, interconnected by a number of dynasties ruling over the area. The current dynasty took power in the early 19th century, and began to experiment with a sort of enlightened absolutism in an attempt to recreate the success of northern empire, who benefited greatly from their naval empires with the land-based routes of the south dwindled in relevance. When this failed, a major shift was made to it's current state, granting it's small number of colonies independence and pursuing modern, liberal policies in governance. Today, Lau today maintains a mixed economy with a strong focus on service, with dwindling but still notable industrial and agricultural sectors. It is known for it's contributions to literature, performing arts, and other cultural outlets.
Main nation on NS: Deusaeuri
Main/puppet/NPC: The Great Lau
Link to map claim (optional): http://puu.sh/pXtPs/863b94a3af.png

Accepted. No Liu? :'(

Zangsabaar wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Indrayana
Real life culture influence: Cultural/Religious/Geographic: (Northeast) India, Pakistan, Nepal. Specifically Rajput/Hindustani areas (Punjab+)
Real life culture of former colonizer: East Asian (Likely Mandarin, possibly Japanese)
Population: 58,500,000
GDP (PPP) per capita: $33,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: $22,000
Military manpower (active/reserve): Active: 220,000 | Reserve: 480,000
Language(s): Native: Punjabi, Hindi, Gujarati, Rajasthani, Nepali, Sindhi | Adminsitrative: Mandarin Chinese (or Japanese), some Korean.
Nation description:
IIwiki

Indrayana is a medium-sized mostly developed Hindustani nation with a rich religious and cultural history. It is the birthplace of Sikhism, which is the religion of 80% of Indrayans, and the homeland of the Indrastani people (Punjabis/Rajputs) who make up 70% of the population. It originated as a nation with a strong warrior tradition (like RL Nepal and Punjab) and was desired as a protectorate by (Colonizer) as it provided well-trained native soldiers (think Gurkhas or British Sikh Regiment) to the Empire. Following Eulhae, Indrayana gained independence under the Maharaja's father. It transitioned from a long history of absolute monarchial rule to a constitutional monarchy that is extremely centralized. It has a long history with its neighbour, Arjunalore, and with its former colonial master. Today, the Indrayan economy is mostly based around exporting spices, its strong banking, finance and IT sector, and automotive exports, which collectively make up 40% of the economy. Geographically, Indrayana is mountainous in the North (subject to change) and turns into flat riverlands as it approaches the coast.
Main nation on NS: Zangsabaar (Indrayana if accepted)
Link to map claim (optional): ---
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I was here shortly after it was first created by Arum.

Accepted.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:43 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Fakuku
Real life culture influence: Okinawa
Real life culture of former colonizer: nah
Population: 9,842,392
GDP (PPP) per capita: $42,309
GDP (nominal) per capita: $42,017
Military manpower (active/reserve): 45,000/15,000
Language(s): Okinawan
Nation description: A pretty vibrant liberal democracy that is a member of the SU.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yeah
Main nation on NS: Arumdaum
Main/puppet/NPC: NPC
Link to map claim (optional): it'll be on map
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): created it

Toishima
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012

Postby Toishima » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:53 am

Arumdaum wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Nation description: A pretty vibrant liberal democracy that is a member of the SU.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yeah

rejected
Call me Aki. My primary RP nation is Yamatai in Ordis. We are an MT region with an exciting constructed world. Join us. (Non Ordis version of Yamatai here)
GOKIGENYOU~
Singaporean Chinese Weeb who likes food, Japan, food, J-Pop, military stuff and Japanese food.
Ex military. Female. Otaku. Idol Wota. Physically incapable of writing posts shorter than 1,000 words.
This user supports the use of mechs, mecha and other legged machines in PMT and FT settings, and will use them.
Record word count for a single unbroken writing session: 27,154 words
Current flag is my Kami Oshi, Sato Masaki (Info here!).

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:56 am

Toishima wrote:
Arumdaum wrote:NATION APPLICATION

rejected

fak u

ku

Kentsland
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentsland » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:13 am

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Kentsland
Real life culture influence: Polish, with a bit of the Baltic States and Scandinavia
Real life culture of former colonizer: Gaoxing (most likely)
GDP (PPP) per capita: $8,900
GDP (nominal) per capita: $4,900
Military manpower (active/reserve): 120,000 / 200,000
Language(s): Official and majority Polish, colonial Mandarin, economic Korean, ethnic Lithuanian, Estonian, Latvian, Czech and Slavic
Nation description: The nation of Kentsland, formally The Republic of Kentsland, is a developing country in northern Gungju. Historically, the territory was inhabited by ethnic Kents, who ruled over dozens of petty kingdoms throughout much of their history. Unable to repel eastern colonizers, the kingdoms collapsed or were subjugated to colonial (Gaoxing) rule. In ___, the nation was granted independence and the first Republic of Kentsland was founded. --- At some time in the early 2000s, a coup removed the President from power and established a brutal military junta. Despite a couple years of disorder, the country has since become one of the most politically and economically stable countries in an otherwise unstable continent, mostly due to the exploitation (and staunch protection of industries) of natural resources.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yah man
Main nation on NS: Kentsland
Link to map claim (optional): http://iiwiki.com/images/a/a5/KentslandLocation.png
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Don't remember

Have to leave for work, but wanted to get this down. Still a WIP, but the general premise is there.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:49 am

Kentsland wrote:NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Kentsland
Real life culture influence: Polish, with a bit of the Baltic States and Scandinavia
Real life culture of former colonizer: Gaoxing (most likely)
GDP (PPP) per capita: $8,900
GDP (nominal) per capita: $4,900
Military manpower (active/reserve): 120,000 / 200,000
Language(s): Official and majority Polish, colonial Mandarin, economic Korean, ethnic Lithuanian, Estonian, Latvian, Czech and Slavic
Nation description: The nation of Kentsland, formally The Republic of Kentsland, is a developing country in northern Gungju. Historically, the territory was inhabited by ethnic Kents, who ruled over dozens of petty kingdoms throughout much of their history. Unable to repel eastern colonizers, the kingdoms collapsed or were subjugated to colonial (Gaoxing) rule. In ___, the nation was granted independence and the first Republic of Kentsland was founded. --- At some time in the early 2000s, a coup removed the President from power and established a brutal military junta. Despite a couple years of disorder, the country has since become one of the most politically and economically stable countries in an otherwise unstable continent, mostly due to the exploitation (and staunch protection of industries) of natural resources.
Are you willing to drastically alter your nation in order to fit with Tiandi canon?: Yah man
Main nation on NS: Kentsland
Link to map claim (optional): http://iiwiki.com/images/a/a5/KentslandLocation.png
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Don't remember

Have to leave for work, but wanted to get this down. Still a WIP, but the general premise is there.

I can actually just accept you with this! Haha

Nam Long
Civil Servant

Founded: May 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nam Long » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:53 pm

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: South Nam Long
Real life culture influence: 1950 South Vietnam
Real life culture of former colonizer: (if applicable) N/A
Population: 46 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $32,354
GDP (nominal) per capita: $29,642
Military manpower (active/reserve): 300,000 active, 1.5 million reserve
Language(s): Vietnamese
Nation description: Presidential Republic formed after the Eulhae War. First the Monarchy was replaced by a fascist government in 1930s? after invaded by ???(tbd). After the Eulhae War, the country was split in half along the (tbd) River. A republican government controlled the South, with a communist government in the North. The South began to rebuild its war torn economy. In 1963, the communist North crossed the ????(tbd) river, starting the Nam Long War. The war ended in 1972 and the South again rebuild it economy. To be worked on.
Main nation on NS: Republic of Vietnam
Main/puppet/NPC: Main(in the region)
Link to map claim (optional): Same spot as last time/Already on map
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Invited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: North Nam Long
Real life culture influence: Irl Vietnam
Population: 32 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $14,632
GDP (nominal) per capita: $12,345
Military manpower (active/reserve): 500,000 active, 2 million reserve
Nation description: A Unitary Marxist–Leninist one-party state, formed after the Euhae War. Large purges of landowners during the 50's. Crossed the ???? River beginning the Nam Long War. Resulting in a Military stalemate. Slowly during the 1980s opened up to the western world and is a fast growing socialist economy. To be worked on.
Link to map claim (optional): Already on the map
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): See above

Sabara
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sabara » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:28 pm

Nam Long wrote:
NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: South Nam Long
Real life culture influence: 1950 South Vietnam
Population: 46 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $32,354
GDP (nominal) per capita: $29,642
Military manpower (active/reserve): 300,000 active, 1.5 million reserve
Nation description: Presidential Republic formed after the Eulhae War. First the Monarchy was replaced by a fascist government in 1930s? after invaded by ???(tbd). After the Eulhae War, the country was split in half along the (tbd) River. A republican government controlled the South, with a communist government in the North. The South began to rebuild its war torn economy. In 1963, the communist North crossed the ????(tbd) river, starting the Nam Long War. The war ended in 1972 and the South again rebuild it economy. To be worked on.
Main/puppet/NPC: Main(in the region)
Link to map claim (optional): Same spot as last time/Already on map
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): Invited.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: North Nam Long
Real life culture influence: Irl Vietnam
Population: 32 million
GDP (PPP) per capita: $14,632
GDP (nominal) per capita: $12,345
Military manpower (active/reserve): 500,000 active, 2 million reserve
Nation description: A Unitary Marxist–Leninist one-party state, formed after the Euhae War. Large purges of landowners during the 50's. Crossed the ???? River beginning the Nam Long War. Resulting in a Military stalemate. Slowly during the 1980s opened up to the western world and is a fast growing socialist economy. To be worked on.
Link to map claim (optional): Already on the map
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): See above

Accepted.

Daeseong
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Daeseong » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:05 pm

Reposted/essentially redid the app for some desired stats changes (substantial lowering of nominal GDP per capita and significant increase in population), reworking of some concepts for the nation (such as the decision to ultimately include a Bengali state) and to ask for approval for the history I developed. Also because Arum's computer is lost and it's much better to leave my ideas in this place for discussion on this thread or even on IRC later.

NATION APPLICATION

Shortform name: Arjunapur, the United Rajanate
Real life culture influence: India
Real life culture of former colonizer: None.
Population: 262,000,000
GDP (PPP) per capita: 22,000
GDP (nominal) per capita: 14,000
Military manpower (active/reserve):
Language(s): Marathi, Telugu (Official Language), Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam, *?Oriya?, *?Bengali?
Nation description: The United Rajanate of Arjunapur, Parbhani (Marathi) Jahangipur (Bengali) is a vibrant, diverse nation with a strong parliamentary system and growing economy. The United Rajanate, often colloquially referred to as simply Arjunapur, is a large, multicultural pan Dravidian Hindu nation united under a single reigning constitutional monarchy. Before the advent of globalization and imperialism, Arjunapur was comprised of dozens of small kingdoms and city-states with similar Dravidian linguistic roots and Hindu culture. Today, it is a modern, industrialized nation with a highly competitive export market. Many parts of Arjunapur are quite impoverished, while other regions enjoy Sinju-levels of living, and wealth inequality is rampant. Robust public education spending and a vibrant participatory democracy help ameliorate some of these issues, but they do remain as major issues nonetheless.

The Arjunapuri have many things they're unabashedly proud of, including their culture. Arjunapuri culture has spread throughout the world with a A-pop craze following the widespread proliferation of Citra Pariśrama (Bollywood and Tollywood) after the United Rajanate's period of warming up to Sinju. But even without their modern film and pop music industry, Arjunapuri, Parbhani, and Jahangipur have rich, beautiful cultural histories. In addition, the Arjunapuri are quite proud of their military, which they regard as the bastion and guardian of their parliament, nation, and Raj. Their military tradition stems back centuries, with Kshatriya knights dominating the region from horseback and Durgas, or forts and was later influenced strongly by Akitsukuni. The Arjunapuri still maintain close military ties with Akitsukuni.

With the tentacles of Jeongmian and Meisaani imperialist spreading across the world in the early 18th century, many of the Arjunapuri states found an unlikely ally in Akitsukuni who took a few small city states under its control and provided the rest with a safe aegis in return for their loyalty and natural resources. A humiliating defeat against Daygani Mujaheddin resulted in the thwarting of imperial ambitions in the region, allowing the Arjunapuri Rajanates to thrive. The strongest of these Rajanates, the Hirideshi Raj of the Swaminathan Dynasty, dominated much of the continent and proved particularly hostile to Akitsukuni.

It was during the 19th century that feelings of pan-Arjunapuri sentiment began to flare. It was the most notable Arjunapuri Raj and renowned nationalist, Jagdeep XVI of the Pusapati, who westernized his Rajanate with Akitsukunese assistance, welcoming Akitsukunese industry, weapons, and training with which he expanded north and eastwards into Jahangipur and Xigaze. He reformed the land system, undermined the caste system, created a new civil service system based on Sinju counterparts. With the assistance of Vaakpati Kaashinaath, a peasant-turned nationalist general, Jagdeep easily summoned a populist, nationalist fanatic horde. With Akitsukuni weapons and superior leadership, Jagdeep's peasant forces met the Hirideshi Swaminathan Kshatriyas head-on and delivered a stunning victory, assuring the rise of a pan-Arjunapuri nationstate and Akitsukunese dominance in the region.

During the Eulhae War, Arjunapur joined Akitsukuni, launching an ambitious and initially successful strike against Bujaraya, Kewhira, and various other Sinju colonies, threatening to block off the Rantaune canal to allied shipping. A decisive battle, however, resulted in the rout of the Arjunapuri fleet and its eventual forced capitulation, stripped of its Xigaze and Bengali territories. After the war, Arjunapur continued to trade with Akitsukuni and fostered hostile anti-Sinju sentiment, fuming over the loss of its empire.

In the 1950s, Arjunapuri intelligensia and military elites co-conspired to undermine the power of the Pusaputi Raj, (possibly with Jeongmian aid), launching a bold and audacious coup that forced the Raj to sign a treaty that stripped him of virtually all of his powers save those truly ceremonial ones. A presidential constitutional monarchy was established, and the Royal Arjunapuri Army appointed itself the de facto guardian and defender of Arjunapuri freedom and pluralism. The first years of democracy proved to be ineffective, however, and the military launched another coup, ruling Arjunapur for a time. In 1970, widespread protests resulted in the military government stepping down from power and holding fair and free elections.

Arjunapur's first democratically elected president, Bhanumitra Bhanu (I'm gonna use a picture of Gandhi for this guy lol) was a political activist and guru who had led a large peasant movement to cajole the military government into holding elections. Released from jail upon the military's fall from power, Bhanumitra was subsequently elected as President and spent the majority of his decade in office working to democratize the military, improve wealth equality, and develop the nation's economy.

Main nation on NS: This is it.
Main/puppet/NPC: This is it.
Link to map claim (optional): I'm already on the map.
How did you find out about Tiandi? (optional): I'm already here lol.
Last edited by Daeseong on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information