NATION

PASSWORD

Esquarium Sign-Up & Map Thread [OLD | DO NOT POST]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
EsToVnIa
Senator
 
Posts: 4779
Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby EsToVnIa » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:56 pm

>using Luz for canonical purposes

Rayanov it's just easier to move below luz

you'll be the butt end of jokes if there's a non-Monic nation in Monic territory

also don't copy paste australia wikipedia articles if you do end up moving there
Most Heavenly State/Khamgiin Tengerleg Uls

Weeaboo Gassing Land wrote:Also, rev up the gas chambers.

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:CUNT

12:02:02 AM <Tarsas> premislyd is my spirit animal tbh

User avatar
Tuthina
Senator
 
Posts: 4221
Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Tuthina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:55 am

Masseau wrote:
Sagaathr wrote:Short IC name: Sagaathr
Long IC name: The Commonwealth of Sagaathr / Samväldet Sagaathr
Population: 65,213,023
Capital: Winterley
Government type: Absolute Monarchy
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Sagaathr
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://i.imgur.com/eFsfn1s.png
National Map: http://i.imgur.com/lbM5GqU.png
Note: This is the same width as the height of Namor. If this is still 'too big' come with suggestions that would allow for this type of form for the nation, because I have already reduced size, by also changing the landscape to add more water, and this just feels like how Sagaathr would look like in current age. Again, not meaning to be hatefull, this is just my vision. That's all.
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with): Helvianir (also formerly known as Legendardisch)
Anything else to add (optional): Ah. Sagaathr, what is to say about it? For sure a bit more character focused than most. Sagaathr was once a tiny kingdom, but managed to unify with others. Theres one king, many lords, and wardens. Kinda like the way it is in GoT. What else? There's a bit celtic influences, a bit germanic/nordic aswell.. Sagaathr as a whole is kinda like canada in regards to population density, lots of wilderness. Sagaathr isn't trying to be a main power, more of a local power. It is also opposite to Nevanmaa, they are absolutely more.... Conservative, while Sagaathr is far more.. liberal in ways. Sagaathr has the norse religion still alive aswell, crusaders were stomped or just gave up due to the wilderness of the lands.. what else? don't know. Just ask on IRC when I am on. I am already on the list on the iiwiki page, just not on the map, so I re-apply for a map spot here. thanks.


I appreciate that you did take time to make it smaller, but it is still too big IMO, bigger than any other nation on your continent. I would just remove the panhandle completely. Your population is also a bit large.

I do not see having a high population would be an issue as long as the GDPpc is reasonably adjusted. We do not need every country to have roughly the same <100 million size.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

User avatar
Sagaathr
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sagaathr » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:48 am

Masseau wrote:
Sagaathr wrote:-snip-


I doubt trying to argue with a current Esquarian is going to help Sagaathr's case for admission..


I doubt thinking that way helps you aswell. Either way, I won't change my population since it's not an indicator of how powerfull one is. GDP is. And after talking with several people, we concluded that my GDP is decent, and that my population is okay. I only poster here btw for being on the map, not to be on the country list, already on that one after Ainins approval, that was before this topic. I won't make another map claim until Zieg finishes the new map of Esquarium anyway.

User avatar
Masseau
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 176
Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:57 am

Sagaathr wrote:
Masseau wrote:
I doubt trying to argue with a current Esquarian is going to help Sagaathr's case for admission..


I doubt thinking that way helps you aswell. Either way, I won't change my population since it's not an indicator of how powerfull one is. GDP is. And after talking with several people, we concluded that my GDP is decent, and that my population is okay. I only poster here btw for being on the map, not to be on the country list, already on that one after Ainins approval, that was before this topic. I won't make another map claim until Zieg finishes the new map of Esquarium anyway.


lol
President: Xavier Vargas
Gov't type: Semi-presidential republic (We call it Democratic Republic here in Masseau)
RP Population: 58,877,723
Capital
: Cahokia
Left:-4.12
Libertarian: -1.38

User avatar
Tuthina
Senator
 
Posts: 4221
Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Tuthina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:44 am

Masseau wrote:
Sagaathr wrote:-snip-


I doubt trying to argue with a current Esquarian is going to help Sagaathr's case for admission..

I depends on with whom the argue is. ;)
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

User avatar
Luziyca
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34141
Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Luziyca » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:46 am

Sagaathr wrote:
Masseau wrote:
I doubt trying to argue with a current Esquarian is going to help Sagaathr's case for admission..


I doubt thinking that way helps you aswell. Either way, I won't change my population since it's not an indicator of how powerfull one is. GDP is. And after talking with several people, we concluded that my GDP is decent, and that my population is okay. I only poster here btw for being on the map, not to be on the country list, already on that one after Ainins approval, that was before this topic. I won't make another map claim until Zieg finishes the new map of Esquarium anyway.

Which individuals in particular?
|||The Christian Republic of of Luziyca|||
[22:00] <Lanos> nobody here in ESQ should be proud to be somehow remotely related to Luziyca
IIwikiNewsFacebookEsquarium: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

User avatar
Ainin
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13968
Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ainin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:12 pm

Sagaathr's looks fine. I'll add you to the map when I get back to Beijing if Zieg or someone else hasn't gotten to it already.
Just a guy who does things. | IIwiki | Esquarium, a fun, realistic closed-world MT RP region. Join us!
« Demain fait irrésistiblement son œuvre, et il la fait dès aujourd'hui. »

User avatar
Dahwtri
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahwtri » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:17 pm

Short IC name: Ostepya/Ostępya
Long IC name: State of Ostepya/Stans Ostępya
Population: 16,120,503
Capital: Krastów FC/Krastów Federal City
Government type: Unitary semi-presidential parliamentary republic
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Ost%C4%99pya
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://iiwiki.com/images/e/e6/OstepyaLocation.png
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with): Dahwtri, but I'm sure you know that.
Anything else to add (optional): Totally not Poland. Totally.

User avatar
Tuthina
Senator
 
Posts: 4221
Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Tuthina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:43 pm

Dahwtri wrote:Short IC name: Ostepya/Ostępya
Long IC name: State of Ostepya/Stans Ostępya
Population: 16,120,503
Capital: Krastów FC/Krastów Federal City
Government type: Unitary semi-presidential parliamentary republic
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Ost%C4%99pya
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://iiwiki.com/images/e/e6/OstepyaLocation.png
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with): Dahwtri, but I'm sure you know that.
Anything else to add (optional): Totally not Poland. Totally.

I highly doubt English would be important enough in that corner of the world that it warrants official language status.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

User avatar
Dahwtri
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahwtri » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:58 pm

Tuthina wrote:
Dahwtri wrote:Short IC name: Ostepya/Ostępya
Long IC name: State of Ostepya/Stans Ostępya
Population: 16,120,503
Capital: Krastów FC/Krastów Federal City
Government type: Unitary semi-presidential parliamentary republic
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): http://iiwiki.com/wiki/Ost%C4%99pya
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://iiwiki.com/images/e/e6/OstepyaLocation.png
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with): Dahwtri, but I'm sure you know that.
Anything else to add (optional): Totally not Poland. Totally.

I highly doubt English would be important enough in that corner of the world that it warrants official language status.

I just add that out of habit due to the lack of a proper lingua franca, but I'll edit that out. Is it good otherwise from what you can tell?

User avatar
Tuthina
Senator
 
Posts: 4221
Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Tuthina » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Dahwtri wrote:
Tuthina wrote:I highly doubt English would be important enough in that corner of the world that it warrants official language status.

I just add that out of habit due to the lack of a proper lingua franca, but I'll edit that out. Is it good otherwise from what you can tell?

Some form of Romance language probably will be your best bet, especially in Conitia. I do not really have enough information to comment on other aspects.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

User avatar
Arkiasis
Senator
 
Posts: 3584
Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Arkiasis » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:36 pm

Tuthina wrote:I highly doubt English would be important enough in that corner of the world that it warrants official language status.


Even for me, English has been a place-holder language for ummm... several years now. Conlangs are hard.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

User avatar
Willowsea
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Jun 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Willowsea » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:58 am

Short IC name: Willowsea
Long IC name: The Republic of Willowsea
Population: 5,650,000 (Estimated)
Capital: Castrope
Government type: Confederate Presidential Constitutional Democratic Republic
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): Soon to be written.
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): Here it is. (I used MS paint since GIMP is acting b***chy.) The claim by the way is between Kebenajaya and Fascesia.
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with):
Anything else to add (optional):
Last edited by Willowsea on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ianann
Secretary
 
Posts: 32
Founded: May 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ianann » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:00 pm

Short IC name: Ionland
Long IC name: Ionite Empire
Population: 112,000,000
Capital: Dmow
Government type: Absolute Monarchy
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): iiwiki.com/wiki/Ionland
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://i.imgur.com/9VeQOWA.png
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with): Columbion
Anything else to add (optional): <3
I love ALL things Polish and Korean
If you need ANY help about nation building, be it history, political, culture, flags/CoAs, and any other things just send me a telegram, I'll help you out :D
Main: Columbion
Come join Esquarium! The best region on NS!
Name: Ionland
My nation is a PROUD Polish-Korean nation

User avatar
Beteran
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jan 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beteran » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Short IC name: Beteran
Long IC name: Beteranese Republic
Population: 7,240,000
Capital: Cissone
Government type: Presidential republic
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): http://www.iiwiki.com/wiki/Beteran
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://www.imgur.com/P9TFpep
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with):
Anything else to add (optional):

User avatar
Sjalhaven
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 187
Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sjalhaven » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Beteran wrote:Short IC name: Beteran
Long IC name: Beteranese Republic
Population: 7,240,000
Capital: Cissone
Government type: Presidential republic
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): http://www.iiwiki.com/wiki/Beteran
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://www.imgur.com/P9TFpep
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with):
Anything else to add (optional):

Although it shares a number of similarities with Italian, Vermonsean isn't Italian. Furthermore, you may want to contact other people before using their languages, or even including them in your history.
OMNICIDE 2019
Insurrectionary whateverist


<QianRuri> Sjal for god emperor of mankind
<Zieg> I'm pretty sure you're Dugin
<Koyro> Sjalhaven is actually Lex Luthor only French
<Gibbs> sjal is your real name khan noonien singh

User avatar
Vermonse
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Jun 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vermonse » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:09 pm

Sjalhaven wrote:
Beteran wrote:Short IC name: Beteran
Long IC name: Beteranese Republic
Population: 7,240,000
Capital: Cissone
Government type: Presidential republic
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): http://www.iiwiki.com/wiki/Beteran
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://www.imgur.com/P9TFpep
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with):
Anything else to add (optional):

Although it shares a number of similarities with Italian, Vermonsean isn't Italian. Furthermore, you may want to contact other people before using their languages, or even including them in your history.

Now I realise I used the wrong account. Well, Sjalhaven = Vermonse = same person = the Madman.

User avatar
EsToVnIa
Senator
 
Posts: 4779
Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby EsToVnIa » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:11 pm

I noticed that you have "Thietsch" and "Beteran" named

You should probably stop plagiarising and make your own stuff :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
Most Heavenly State/Khamgiin Tengerleg Uls

Weeaboo Gassing Land wrote:Also, rev up the gas chambers.

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:CUNT

12:02:02 AM <Tarsas> premislyd is my spirit animal tbh

User avatar
Jolthig
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11708
Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jolthig » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:18 pm

Short IC name: Jolthig or the FEJ
Long IC name: The Federal Empire of Jolthig
Population: 151,441,102
Capital: Lafida
Government type: Constitutional monarchy with a single-party fascist state in power (in theory a parliamentary democracy)
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): http://www.nationstates.net/nation=jolt ... /id=652313
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): I'll take the last of the land by Luziyca (as I don't have access to paint atm)
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with): This one.
Anything else to add (optional): No.
Your friendly Ahmadi Muslim NSGer, Jolthig; telegrams are welcome. Want my discord? Jolthig #9602.

OOC Links:

Want to know more about the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community?

Alislam.org
True Islam
Muslims For Peace

Other OOC links:

The Islamic Discussion Thread
My OOC Political Views
My Top 10 Favorite Bands

IC:

Factbook
This nation does not represent my RL political views.

Fan of various genres of both rock and metal
.

Ahmadiyya Muslim (converted on November 15, 2016)
None.
Eternal Lotharia wrote:...

I NEVER WANTED TO BE A CRACKBABY!

User avatar
Lyonsland
Envoy
 
Posts: 336
Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyonsland » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:30 pm

Ianann wrote:Short IC name: Ionland
Long IC name: Ionite Empire
Population: 112,000,000
Capital: Dmow
Government type: Absolute Monarchy
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): iiwiki.com/wiki/Ionland
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://i.imgur.com/9VeQOWA.png
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with): Columbion
Anything else to add (optional): <3


popo way too big

and can we calm with the sudden influx of fascist states on Nordania/Artisia/kgkowglerhiowhateverthefuckthatcontinentisnowcalled
Lyonsland, Esquarium's favourite Celtic-Nordic federal kingdom!

User avatar
Ianann
Secretary
 
Posts: 32
Founded: May 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ianann » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Lyonsland wrote:
Ianann wrote:Short IC name: Ionland
Long IC name: Ionite Empire
Population: 112,000,000
Capital: Dmow
Government type: Absolute Monarchy
Factbook (IIwiki preferred): iiwiki.com/wiki/Ionland
Map claim (Imgur link preferred): http://i.imgur.com/9VeQOWA.png
Main NS account (if not the one you are applying with): Columbion
Anything else to add (optional): <3


popo way too big

and can we calm with the sudden influx of fascist states on Nordania/Artisia/kgkowglerhiowhateverthefuckthatcontinentisnowcalled


Population is fine given the policies in Ionland on requirements to have children, size of map plot, and Ionland is not fascist. We are Absolute Monarchist.
I love ALL things Polish and Korean
If you need ANY help about nation building, be it history, political, culture, flags/CoAs, and any other things just send me a telegram, I'll help you out :D
Main: Columbion
Come join Esquarium! The best region on NS!
Name: Ionland
My nation is a PROUD Polish-Korean nation

User avatar
Greater Ziegenian Reich
Diplomat
 
Posts: 516
Founded: Aug 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Ziegenian Reich » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:02 pm

we're not putting an ideological restriction on people

how ever we are going to have demographic constraints and restrictions
Hyernationalist Synergetic Dynamic Centrism

User avatar
Tuthina
Senator
 
Posts: 4221
Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Tuthina » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Ianann wrote:
Lyonsland wrote:
popo way too big

and can we calm with the sudden influx of fascist states on Nordania/Artisia/kgkowglerhiowhateverthefuckthatcontinentisnowcalled


Population is fine given the policies in Ionland on requirements to have children, size of map plot, and Ionland is not fascist. We are Absolute Monarchist.

How high exactly is your GDPpc? You should give numbers in USD so as to be comparable to other countries.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

User avatar
Sjalhaven
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 187
Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Sjalhaven » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Ianann wrote:
Lyonsland wrote:
popo way too big

and can we calm with the sudden influx of fascist states on Nordania/Artisia/kgkowglerhiowhateverthefuckthatcontinentisnowcalled


Population is fine given the policies in Ionland on requirements to have children, size of map plot, and Ionland is not fascist. We are Absolute Monarchist.

Population is fine if we say so.
OMNICIDE 2019
Insurrectionary whateverist


<QianRuri> Sjal for god emperor of mankind
<Zieg> I'm pretty sure you're Dugin
<Koyro> Sjalhaven is actually Lex Luthor only French
<Gibbs> sjal is your real name khan noonien singh

User avatar
Beteran
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 4
Founded: Jan 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beteran » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:16 pm

Estovnia wrote:I noticed that you have "Thietsch" and "Beteran" named

You should probably stop plagiarising and make your own stuff :DDDDDDDDDDDDD


I worked on all the stuff I wrote. The only thing I used as base was Thietsch "source" as I dind't know where to find blank templates. There wasn't any plagiarism.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Calliana, Elberron, Old Beringia, Psychlo, Rethan, The Occident, United Earth Intergalactic Assembly, Yannia

Advertisement

Remove ads