NATION

PASSWORD

Esquarium Sign-Up & Map Thread [OLD | DO NOT POST]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tuthina
Senator

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:44 pm

Chalcia wrote:
Tuthina wrote:That is probably not what "complementing the mainland" meant.

Oh

Could you please explain? Do you mean i should have a smaller archipelago?

It means it should be closer to the continents and look more natural instead of being a bunch of land that pop up in the middle of the sea for no good reasons.
Call me Reno.
14:54:02 <Lykens> Explain your definition of Reno.

11:47 <Swilatia> Good god, copy+paste is no way to build a country!

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Class A: Environmental Utopia by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Human Rights Haven (7/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Partially Free (4/10) by Namor People's Rating Department
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index
Rated as Category B by Edenist Travel Advisory Guide

Chalcia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chalcia » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:23 am

Estovnia wrote:Why do you feel the need to outright copy Greece?

Well, i'm Greek IRL after all :P

But seriously, i don't really need an Agean-size island archipelago. I just made Chalcia with an island archipelago as an integral part of it.

Tuthina wrote:
Chalcia wrote:

Oh

Could you please explain? Do you mean i should have a smaller archipelago?

It means it should be closer to the continents and look more natural instead of being a bunch of land that pop up in the middle of the sea for no good reasons.

Well, it seems that this spot has already been taken anyway, so does this (west of Korivania) look any better? Valita already seems to have a small island chain so maybe my islands can complement his?

I also did some research, and it seems that Korivania is Albanian (or Albanian-based) with a Greek minority so Chalcia would fit there perfectly
Last edited by Chalcia on Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
This is an alt/secondary account of Stasnov

EsToVnIa
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:59 am

I guess a better question would be why do you think Esquarium needs a blatant Greece copy
Most Heavenly State/Khamgiin Tengerleg Uls

Weeaboo Gassing Land wrote:Also, rev up the gas chambers.

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:CUNT

12:02:02 AM <Tarsas> premislyd is my spirit animal tbh

Chalcia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Chalcia » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:49 am

Estovnia wrote:I guess a better question would be why do you think Esquarium needs a blatant Greece copy

Well, i don't know. Do you guys want a slightly different Greece? If you don't, i'll be on my way.

Just note that i can change my history and Chalcia in general according to regional lore. I just want my geography to be somewhat like Greece's.

EsToVnIa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:51 am

There's already enough poorly done rip-offs, I don't think another one really adds anything tbh

Nevamaa
Envoy

Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevamaa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:55 am

I don't think Chalcia is ripping off Greece. He's heavily inspired by it, but that doesn't mean he's ripping it off. Nevanmaa is heavily based on Finland too, after all.
Call me Hippo
Factbook

Chalcia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Chalcia » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:03 am

Estovnia wrote:There's already enough poorly done rip-offs, I don't think another one really adds anything tbh

Well, could you define poorly done? Because i don't really know what is poorly done about Chalcia (WIP and poorly done are two quite different things) and if there is i'd like to improve it. Then again, with all due respect, i wouldn't really describe Chalcia as a ripoff.

Tuthina
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Chalcia wrote:
Estovnia wrote:There's already enough poorly done rip-offs, I don't think another one really adds anything tbh

Well, could you define poorly done? Because i don't really know what is poorly done about Chalcia (WIP and poorly done are two quite different things) and if there is i'd like to improve it. Then again, with all due respect, i wouldn't really describe Chalcia as a ripoff.

I think there are scepticism regarding why you specifically ask if a Turkic speaking country want to have a territorial dispute with you.
Call me Reno.

03:08 <Democratic Koyro> NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
Rated as Post-Industrial Nation (48 000 thousands of metric tons of carbon annually) by Syleruian Carbon Output Index

Arkiasis
Senator

Founded: Aug 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkiasis » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:11 am

There are tons of "rip-offs" in the region. I don't see the big deal. After all, I'm a incredibly generic English speaking liberal democracy. Many of us lack originality. We have a totalitarian Turkey, a racist Finland, Namor is China, Koyro is North Korea etc. We have a Nazi Germany for crying out loud.
The Republic of Arkiasis
NSwiki | IIwiki | Factbook | Map
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56
I like: You <3
I dislike: Fax machines
Move along, nothing to see here.

Tuthina
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:04 am

Arkiasis wrote:There are tons of "rip-offs" in the region. I don't see the big deal. After all, I'm a incredibly generic English speaking liberal democracy. Many of us lack originality. We have a totalitarian Turkey, a racist Finland, Namor is China, Koyro is North Korea etc. We have a Nazi Germany for crying out loud.

To be honest, that would be even the more reasons to keep more of them out.
Call me Reno.

Greater Ziegenian Reich
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 31, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Ziegenian Reich » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:46 am

Arkiasis wrote:There are tons of "rip-offs" in the region. I don't see the big deal. After all, I'm a incredibly generic English speaking liberal democracy. Many of us lack originality. We have a totalitarian Turkey, a racist Finland, Namor is China, Koyro is North Korea etc. We have a Nazi Germany for crying out loud.

Similar to what Reno said. If we already have these copies, why do we want to bring in more?
diesel > gas

Chalcia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Chalcia » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:12 am

Tuthina wrote:
Chalcia wrote:

I think there are scepticism regarding why you specifically ask if a Turkic speaking country want to have a territorial dispute with you.

Oh, i see. Military and diplomatic RPs are my forte and territorial disputes are perfect for this kind of RPing. I specifically asked about a Turkic nation asked based on the fact that some people want to base some IC events on IRL ones. It's not like i would say no to some non-Turkic nation that wants to have such a dispute with Chalcia.

Bulgur Yuzhna Afrika i Nova Izrael
Secretary

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bulgur Yuzhna Afrika i Nova Izrael » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:36 am

Bulgur Yuzhna Afrika i Nova Izrael wrote:
Ainin wrote:snip

I actually did, named South Nautasia but I am sure Izrael is also fine. As for map claim, due I am not good on editing maps and if it is possible put me wherever you want in south Nautasia.

In case Ainin didn't saw this, also Izrael is fine as well.

EsToVnIa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:53 am

Estovnia wrote:Short IC name: Khazrajistan
Long IC name: Khazraji Islamic Republic
Population: 31.192 million
GDP per capita: $9,172.19 (PPP); $4,808.01 (nominal)
Capital: Jazira
Government type: Islamic Collectivist State (de jure); Stratocracy (de facto)
Nation description (at least a paragraph, please): IIwiki
Map claim (Imgur link preferred, please draw ragged, realistic borders): When I have free time, I'll draw one up. Or just wait until some of the inactive Nautasian nations get removed !!!!
How did you hear about Esquarium?:
Main NS account: Estovnia

Roleplay sample (recommended):
Anything else to add (optional): Glory to State President Volkan and the Eternal Father of the Union

map claim

West Cedarbrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby West Cedarbrook » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:32 pm

I actually did, named South Nautasia but I am sure Izrael is also fine. As for map claim, due I am not good on editing maps and if it is possible put me wherever you want in south Nautasia.

In case Ainin didn't saw this, also Izrael is fine as well.

Discussing canon with Izrael.

Suggest location in SW corner of Nautasia, or maybe that middle peninsula on the continent's southern coast.
OOC:
Pro America, Pro Israel, Pro India (BJP)
Pro Bush!

Rak-Arshan
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rak-Arshan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:24 pm

Short IC name: Rak-Arshan
Long IC name: Tribal Confederation of Rak-Arshan
Population: approx. 13.0 million
GDP per capita: $6,384 (PPP)
Capital: Camp Ishwar
Government type: de jure confederated complex chiefdom, de facto military junta
Nation description (at least a paragraph, please): Few nations are as diverse or as militaristic as Rak-Arshan. The nominal nation of Rak-Arshan is a confederation of 26 tribes of varying backgrounds, cultures, and languages. The earliest hunter-gatherers in the Teknati rainforest (their ancestral homeland) date back several millenia. The earliest traceable intertribal government can be dated to approx. 1300 C.E., when 8 major tribes (5 of which still exist today) banded together in an alliance of defense. For centuries, the people and tribes of the confederacy of Rak-Arshan lived within the comfort of the rainforest, content in their isolation. However, this was not to last.

Their isolated existence was brought to an abrupt end by a now forgotten logging company encroaching upon their ancestral homeland. Unwilling to back down, the Rak-Arshani alliance was convened and the tribe (now numbering 25 at this point) agreed to declare war. launched guerrilla attacks on the logging camps, eventually forcing military intervention. The tribes responded by way of an overwhelming assault. Faced with never ending human waves, the company and deployed military were forced into abandoning the project...leaving behind massive amounts of modern armaments. Armaments which the Rak-Arshani took to with gusto. Over the process of two decades, the tribes learned to use modern weaponry, take it apart, put it back together again, salvage it, make more, even improve upon it. Returning missions to the Teknati found tribal settlements patrolled by men with assault rifles and elephant riders signaling each other via flare gun. A left behind helicopter had been decorated with war paints and the various chieftains had even developed a unique code dialect for communication along radio lines.

With the modern world opened up to them and their forested homelands devastated by deforestation, the tribes unanimously agreed to leave what was left of the Teknati behind and turn to nomadism, a practice continued today. It was around that time, in the year 1979 C.E., that the alliance reformed into a complex chiefdom. The intertribal government reformed into a complex chiefdom, with the chieftains of each tribe holding a seat in the new High Council and electing a paramount chief from among them. Each tribe exists in a semi-autonomous 'camp' that functions as that tribe's temporary base of operations. In modern times, many tribes have turned to mercenary work, with some entire tribes having become PMCs in all but name. A few are even reported to have consorted with terrorist groups. Not that they're complaining. The tribes that do such work have reputations as being the richest and most prosperous.

The military traditions of old have shaped the nation into a walking army. A warrior culture, compulsory military service, and a recent coup by the armed forces have only entrenched this. Yes, that happened. In 2015, in response to the perceived notion that paramount chief Naka Yun-Ti-Kel of the Kung-Mani tribe was crippling Rak-Arshan (to be fair, he had suspended elections a decade earlier and was consolidating power in the hands of the Council in response to a wave of nationalism), armed forces led by General Rajesh Xotli Maharana declared an insurrection against the ruling government. Over the course of two days, military forces seized control of all 26 tribes and arrested Yun-Ti-Kel. Maharana subsequently declared himself Warchief and Defender of all the Peoples and Tribes of Rak-Arshan. He replaced the High Council with the so-called Peoples' Committee, a council in which the tribes are directly represented by military officers from every camp. While highly militarized tribes such as the Ishwari and the Kunraza backed the regime change, certain tribes such as the Kung-Mani and the Faai declared the coup a 'grave violation of the sovereignty of our people'. Rak-Arshan still collectively remains on high alert and faces an uncertain future.

The Rak-Arshani are oft regarded as being the epitome of 'high tech, low culture'. Their tech is only a decade or two behind international standards, yet their beliefs and values system are all but Stone Age. While a quick survey of their camps shows a relatively well-developed technological base for a people who hunted with blow darts and bows only a century ago, a more in-depth analysis reveals a very alien culture. The Rak-Arshani have no justice system. Instead, accused face a trial by ordeal in which they must kill a cobra without being bitten. Beingbitten will get a declaration of guilt and a sentencing to one of Rak-Arshan's labor camps. The lucky ones die laboring away. The unlucky ones are randomly selected to fight in the Pit, an arena-like practice/tourist spot/human rights offense in which criminals must fight a giant feathered cobra/other criminals/a bull dwarf elephant on musth. In addition, the Rak-Arshani continue to practice (government-regulated) cannibalism and, in a strange break from their normal technological progress, automobiles are banned. Most people use elephants for transportation. Perhaps the strangest of all, all of the Rak-Arshani tribes practice nomadism, even when they have the resources and manpower to establish permanent settlements or even make territorial claims.
Map claim (Imgur link preferred, please draw ragged, realistic borders): See below
How did you hear about Esquarium?: Uhh...this thread. The region seems pretty cool through. I've never been part of a dedicated RP and worldbuilding region and would certainly like to try it.
Main NS account: This is it.

Roleplay sample (recommended): Uh, I have none. Just give me a prompt and I'll write something. I flatter myself when I say I think I'm a decent writer.
Anything else to add (optional): This nation can be summed up as a cultural coup suey of South India, ancient Mesoamerica, and the Romani.
I will probably not make any territorial claims. To elaborate: I picture this nation not as a cohesive territorial unit, but as a scattered series of tribes united only by common history and tradition. They simply live in camps, often in the wilderness, (I'd like to have most of these camps in inland Bal Timor, with some on the coast) and make no real territorial claim. However, I have an idea. Is it possible that I might be able to saddle a volunteer existing nation with a camp, an autonomous entity that simply has erected a temporary settlement within its borders? I'll try to keep the impact minimal (the camp will mostly act isolationist except when directly interacted with) and I think it could open up some interesting RP options. Of course, first I need a volunteer willing to host a camp full of violent, distrustful, hard-nosed tribalists.

I don't have to do this, if you guys prefer it not. I could just have all the camps in Bal Timor. Heck if I have to, I'll make a proper map claim. The above is just an idea I'm floating. Also, regardless of what happens there, each tribe will act differently and there is no overarching ideology aside from militarism and tribalism. Some tribes are xenophobic, others tolerant. Some will never migrate into another nation, some may only migrate within other nations (with permission). Some function as PMCs, others as traveling merchants. It all depends on the tribe you're in contact with. The so-called national government is little better than a unifying force and will usually only speak during crises or wartime.
Last edited by Rak-Arshan on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:24 am, edited 5 times in total.

EsToVnIa
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:26 pm

your nation is warlike but you have a GDPpc of $63,846?????

Rak-Arshan
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rak-Arshan » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:30 pm

What?...oh, crud! I did the math wrong! Hang on...
Yeah, I'm no economist, and I'm mostly fudging around with the numbers the site assigns me. I'm not entirely sure what a nation like this would be like economically. Presumably, it would be at recession levels and rather stagnant. And that's assuming it could be considered to have a functioning economy.
Last edited by Rak-Arshan on Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Bulgur Yuzhna Afrika i Nova Izrael » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:45 am

West Cedarbrook wrote:
Bulgur Yuzhna Afrika i Nova Izrael wrote:In case Ainin didn't saw this, also Izrael is fine as well.

Discussing canon with Izrael.

Suggest location in SW corner of Nautasia, or maybe that middle peninsula on the continent's southern coast.

Seems good suggestion, I approve :lol:

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Bulgur Yuzhna Afrika i Nova Izrael » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:14 am

Edited version, hope this would be acceptable

Lorragen
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lorragen » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Short IC name: Lorragen
Long IC name: State of Lorragen//Lorraeum Statum
Population: 19.71 Million
GDP per capita: $26,281
Capital: Harrigan
Government type: Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Nation description (at least a paragraph, please): Main IIwiki
Map claim (Imgur link preferred, please draw ragged, realistic borders): something like this?
How did you hear about Esquarium?: I was looking for a region and saw it in a few iiwiki articles
Main NS account: This is my main

Roleplay sample (recommended): Currently don't have one but I hope my iiwiki could be factored in
Anything else to add (optional): I have various other works on iiwiki for puppets but most of my stuff is WIP.
HandsOffSyria!
Stand With Rand 2020 | Pragmatic Conservative | Environmentalist | Free Market Economics
For: Paleo-conservatism, Pro-Life, Small Business, Civic Nationalism, Conservatism, Edmund Burke, Rand Paul, Nigel Farage, Bashar al-Assad, Barry Goldwater, Irish Republicanism, Scottish Independence, Irish National Party, Populism
Neutral: UKIP, Paleo-libertarianism, Ron Paul, Justin Amash, US Republican Party, UK Conservative Party, Peshmerga
Against: Gay Pride, Abortion, Neoconservatism, Open Borders, Interventionism, Donald Trump, US Democratic Party, Social Liberalism, Third Way Economics, UK Labour Party, Internationalism

Xiaodong
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 16, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xiaodong » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Lorragen wrote:Short IC name: Lorragen
Long IC name: State of Lorragen//Lorraeum Statum
Population: 19.71 Million
GDP per capita: $26,281
Capital: Harrigan
Government type: Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Nation description (at least a paragraph, please): Main IIwiki
Map claim (Imgur link preferred, please draw ragged, realistic borders): something like this?
How did you hear about Esquarium?: I was looking for a region and saw it in a few iiwiki articles
Main NS account: This is my main

Roleplay sample (recommended): Currently don't have one but I hope my iiwiki could be factored in
Anything else to add (optional): I have various other works on iiwiki for puppets but most of my stuff is WIP.

Artisia and Nordania have English speaking nations (eg. Britanno, Arkiasis, Daecon, Lyonsland, Walminghaven), Conitia is nominally Latin and Romance countries - it may be good to move your nation to there instead. Also, claiming from the offset you are one of the "most advanced" nations with the "most attractive" leader probably isn't a good idea.
Last edited by Xiaodong on Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auspicious Republic of Shangea | Weranian Confederation | Miersan Republic | Republic of Kaona | Region (Kylaris) | News and Articles on Shangea
OOC:
Economic Left/Right: -0.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.0
Left wing populism
British unionist, Sinophile, Francophile.

Tinzhan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tinzhan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Short IC name: Tinzhan
Long IC name: People's Republic of Tinzhan
Population: 4,341,591
GDP per capita: 6,214
Capital: Boion
Government type: Parliamentary unitary republic
Nation description (at least a paragraph, please): Tinzhan follows Xiaodong's history with Tinzhan being semi-autonomous and influence by Tuthina. When Xiaodong gained independence in 1866-7 Tinzhan was absorbed by the Xiaodong state. Tinzhan rebelled in 1933 when Xiaodong forces swept into Boion-south to quell a farmers and labourers riot over taxes on rice. The Tinzhan Communist Front, led by Bo Can Ca led to a bloody five year war which led to a genocide of Tinzhan natives on the borders between Tinzhan and Xiaodong, killing about one-third of the Tinzhan population. Xiaodong was pushed out in 1933 resulting in Tinzhanese independence. Elections were to be scheduled, but the Communist Party took over the country and instead installed a Politburo led by seven corrupt, greedy, and indolent leaders.

Tinzhan experienced recessions and economic ruin during the reign of the authoritative Politburo and its cronies in provincial governments. When the Tinzhan Rice Fund collapsed in 1978, the economy plunged into a new low known which resulted in the Ti Famines. The Politburo resolved to imminently dissolve provinces in an attempt to control the damage, but this only resulted in mass chaos and disorder, leading to the death of almost three-tenths of the population, or millions of people. The Politburo was overthrown and a democratic government under President Ken Bi Ne resolved to fix the economy by encouraging investment and revitalizing the Tinzhan Rice Fund. Ken Bi Ne's successor and more business minded Wo Mongu created and passed the Tinzhan Peoples Economic Revitalisation and Growth Act, which encouraged investment, grew commerce with Xiaodong by lowering tariffs and taxes, and funded the establishment of businesses in commerce and banking. Next, Wo was instrumental in passing the Infrastructure and Housing Act to revive the dilapidated Tinzhanese infrastructure.

Despite the efforts of its leaders, Tinzhan is still a rugged country with a poor middle class in agriculture and a rich upper class in the sciences and commerce. Things are improving due to more business friendly policies, but the working class is feeling left out and is still very poor.
Map claim (Imgur link preferred, please draw ragged, realistic borders): http://imgur.com/YHLfpdN (feel free to alter when convenient).
How did you hear about Esquarium?: Browsing through IIwiki,
Main NS account: this account

Roleplay sample (recommended): None yet
Anything else to add (optional): I see that you require an IIwiki page (correct me if I'm wrong), I will try to create a page of Tinzhan when I can clear the air with potential roleplay partners if that's OK with you.
Last edited by Tinzhan on Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tuthina
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Tuthina » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Don't see any major problem with it. Be ready to swim in Tuthinan aid. We can even give plural if you want.
Last edited by Tuthina on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Reno.

Sjalhaven
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sjalhaven » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:07 pm

Rak-Arshan wrote:-snip-

Firstly, let me apologize on behalf of the region for this preposterous delay before getting an answer. It's honestly a very interesting, unique concept, that I would personally love to see in the region. Map location isn't my field of expertise so I'm afraid you'll have to wait for an answer from Ainin, but if you can find someone that would agree to host a camp I see no problem with it. Save from the map issue that should be solved pretty quickly, consider yourself accepted.

Lorragen wrote:-snop-

The application if overall quite good, but Xiaodong gave you good advice (I noticed you have already changed a few things on your iiwiki page so good job on this). Map location is here too a problem: we'd like to avoid having too many English-speaking nations, as unlike the real world English never reached a prominent position. If you really want to keep English as a language, I can only advise you to claim a spot north of Arkiasis, another English speaking nation. Otherwise, consider yourself accepted.

Tinzhan wrote:-snup-

Not much to say here, the application is concise so that's a good thing. Tuthina already agreed and I doubt Xiaodong would oppose it, so consider yourself accepted too.
OMNICIDE 2020
Insurrectionary whateverist

<QianRuri> Sjal for god emperor of mankind
<Zieg> I'm pretty sure you're Dugin
<Koyro> Sjalhaven is actually Lex Luthor only French
<Gibbs> sjal is your real name khan noonien singh
<Koyro> Sjal for Master of Mankind

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information