NATION

PASSWORD

Gladiator Fights in StevePolis????

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Should Gladiators Fights be legal in StevePolis???

Poll ended at Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 9

StevePolis
Envoy

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Gladiator Fights in StevePolis????

Postby StevePolis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:39 pm

At exactly 4:31 p.m., StevePolis's Government will vote on if there will be Gladiator fights in StevePolis. If Yes is won on Gladitorial fights, StevePolsi would be adopting from the Ancient Romans

What do you think? Should StevePolis legalise Galdiator fights or not?
Last edited by StevePolis on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kriania
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kriania » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:41 pm

No it is wrong and immoral. Forcing people to fight as a spectacle it can only lead to tragedy and rebellion. More importantly it is as bad or worse than slavery. Also gladiators usally die and who would volunteer for that unless you force them which is basically slavery.
Last edited by Kriania on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Start a embassy in Kriania today: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=38986
Army 2,000,000
Navy 500,000
Airforce, 200,000
Spec Op: 20,000
Kriania is currently in a state of civil war: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39459
K-S Uranium Sales Store Front Conglomerate: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39972

Maraque
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 22, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maraque » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:22 pm

If they're willing participants, then go for it. The Kingdom has legal and regulated gladiator fights.

StevePolis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby StevePolis » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Maybe if they're criminals

Takaram
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Takaram » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:17 pm

We don't necessarily approve, but if we could get this on TV live, we won't say anything.

StevePolis
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby StevePolis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Gladiator Fghts have won. The partcipants have to be criminals though

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:46 pm

Our gladiator fights are made of Anticitizens obviously unfit for Penal Infantry. Instead of overcrowding the AXZ, we make them fight to the death on national television. The more competent gladiators are somewhat of a betting favorite.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:02 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:The Greater Nicksyllvanian Empire denounces your mockery of the noble art of combat by allowing petty criminals to die honourable deaths. Warfare is something only Freemen are privledged to enjoy and partake, not some petty thief whom should simply be hanged.

Gladiator Fights should be between the best of the nations men, not the worst, and as of such we shall not televise your pathetic excuse for entertainment within the fatherland.

Freemen in our nation are too busy killing foreigners to kill their own. Even then, it'd be unproductive to ruin such industrial potential to give a temporary thrill to the masses. Anticitizenship is high treason, so if they can't be used as wargame opponents, we'd much rather use their useless hides to provide a show. Simple efficiency, my friend, although if this was not addressed to us, we sincerely apologize.

Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:22 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Satirius wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:The Greater Nicksyllvanian Empire denounces your mockery of the noble art of combat by allowing petty criminals to die honourable deaths. Warfare is something only Freemen are privledged to enjoy and partake, not some petty thief whom should simply be hanged.

Gladiator Fights should be between the best of the nations men, not the worst, and as of such we shall not televise your pathetic excuse for entertainment within the fatherland.

Freemen in our nation are too busy killing foreigners to kill their own. Even then, it'd be unproductive to ruin such industrial potential to give a temporary thrill to the masses. Anticitizenship is high treason, so if they can't be used as wargame opponents, we'd much rather use their useless hides to provide a show. Simple efficiency, my friend, although if this was not addressed to us, we sincerely apologize.

Oh, how we wish that the navy was competent enough to allow us all to slaughter foreigners at a whim. However, surely the majority of Gladiator fights do not end in death, Nicksyllvanians are certainly wealthy enough to afford a good set of armour that keeps them alive when first blood is drawn, as no man worth a grain of rice would surrender. Death duels however do exist for those the specifically request it, and are aired on pay-per-view. However our concern is that prisoners and petty criminals are unworthy of a glorious death and should be cut down where they stand, at the very least free citizens should have the option of fighting the scoundrels, although such a competition is about as sporting as slapping around a impudent negro child. And yes, the message was addressed to the both of you, moreso to the former.

You still don't have the freemen really doing anything, and it would be a terrible waste to have one killed and deny the nation of his/her intellectual and industrial productivity. I mean, every freeman would have taken part in a massive team gladiatorial fight, which is called "incursions into the AXZ." They get to face the Anticitizens, more likely than not traitorous scum freeloading off the conscription that trained themselves, albeit we arm the opposition only with incredibly substandard weaponry (M1 Carbine substandard) so that you know, we get a regularly hardened army with sufficient manpower, while killing of the bastard children of the society. Efficient, is it not?

Satirius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Satirius wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:
Satirius wrote:

Oh, how we wish that the navy was competent enough to allow us all to slaughter foreigners at a whim. However, surely the majority of Gladiator fights do not end in death, Nicksyllvanians are certainly wealthy enough to afford a good set of armour that keeps them alive when first blood is drawn, as no man worth a grain of rice would surrender. Death duels however do exist for those the specifically request it, and are aired on pay-per-view. However our concern is that prisoners and petty criminals are unworthy of a glorious death and should be cut down where they stand, at the very least free citizens should have the option of fighting the scoundrels, although such a competition is about as sporting as slapping around a impudent negro child. And yes, the message was addressed to the both of you, moreso to the former.

You still don't have the freemen really doing anything, and it would be a terrible waste to have one killed and deny the nation of his/her intellectual and industrial productivity. I mean, every freeman would have taken part in a massive team gladiatorial fight, which is called "incursions into the AXZ." They get to face the Anticitizens, more likely than not traitorous scum freeloading off the conscription that trained themselves, albeit we arm the opposition only with incredibly substandard weaponry (M1 Carbine substandard) so that you know, we get a regularly hardened army with sufficient manpower, while killing of the bastard children of the society. Efficient, is it not?

Do you mean work? Heavens no! Labour is suitable only for slaves and serfs, not a Nicksyllvanian whom earns a living by shedding blood, not sweat. And our Empire is vast enough that a bit of inefficient and corruption are petty matters unworthy of attention.

You may have the luxury of waste, but our comparatively miniscule state prefers to squeeze as much as possible out from...well, everything, and having the economic machine required to fight a war easily is more important to Administration than teaching soldiers to die for the state by blocking machine gun fire with their chests. I see the validity of your nation, yet the culture we have (or whatever derogatory term you have for it) is somewhat exclusive when it comes to work. Our soldiers derive more satisfaction from holding the AR14 that was made by the machines manned by a worker who genuinely supports their cause, and designed by the minds wishing only the best for them, rather than some oppressed slave who would more than likely sneak in a defective receiver should he get the chance. Now back to the topic, shall we?

Which do you prefer: sword or polearm?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information