NATION

PASSWORD

Our nations worst criminal punishment

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bisentrate
Secretary

Founded: Feb 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bisentrate » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:07 am

Worst capital punishment?

If somebody makes a massacre, he/she is executed.

If somebody makes a massacre of babies after having raped them, he/she is let going around with a sign reading "I'm Kalasparatan".

But this is a VERY last resource and luckily we were never forced to adopt this extreme measure.

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:12 am

Allanea wrote:
Parivrtta Niraamaya wrote:
Allanea wrote:
Parivrtta Niraamaya wrote:Wait, what? I was talking to Kala.

I didn't think you would make space travel 1000 pounds per pound.

In an MT tech level, you can make space travel FAR cheaper than it is IRL, if you use Orions.

But... nukes cost money. A lot of money. I hardly think it's practical to always do it.

Why not use electric engines?

Consider this. It's estimated you can use 200 really-low-yield tacnukes to get 4,000 tons of gear into orbit.

Four. Thousand. Tons.

That is, you could be hefting ten International Space Stations into orbit.

Bear in mind, now that the rocket is reuseable, apart from the pusher plate.

A B-61-11 nuke costs $750,000, including developement costs. This is far more powerful than we need, but it's the cheapest nuke I found. Let's assume we need 200 of those nukes. Which we don't. The nukes would cost 150,000,000 between them, which would mean it would cost $37.5 per kilogram to do a launch. Naturally this doesn't include the cost of the rocket itself (but that is reuseable and would amortize over multiple launches), and doesn't account for the fact that you wouldn't need that many B-61s.

You still have the problem that all nukes have: radiation and fallout clouds. You would still need to use a chemical booster, which would have to carry the whole damn thing. Even electrics have this problem since they can't accelerate fast enough to escape Earth's gravity well. ORION was meant for deep space, not launch.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 am

1. No. Orion was designed for launch.

2. The total amount of nukes needed to launch a 4,000-ton Orion into space was estimated to be less than 2 megatons in yield and fallout. Even if we forget that modern nuclear weapons are designed to have minimal fallout compared to 1960's designs, thousands of nukes had been blown up already with minimal ill effects. Nuclear testing is safer than, say, coal mining.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Grandais
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandais » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:19 am

[OOC]
Kalasparata wrote:Who give you autority to blockase me in international waters? I've already reported you to the mods!

:rofl:
I literally lol'd. What are you reporting me for, distilling your fantasies? Haven't you already been warned against using the mods as a weapon?
DEFCON 5 [4] 3 2 1
Grandais News|Factbook|Embassies

Mutant Lobster People
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mutant Lobster People » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 am

Parivrtta Niraamaya wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:12.We send you in a space ship to our space station prison and your cell is a 30cm by 30cm by 50cm fridge in space set at 5 degrees Celcius alone with no light only let out 10 minutes once a week to go to the toilet with your legs hand-caved together with both legs also using hand-caves are also hand caved to metal bars. These hand caves are extremlly tight. We put a camera in these cells and a microphone and on earth if we can hear you complaining (about pain, sickness, needing to go to the toilet, hunger ect) or having fun we electricute you from the bars. Your only food is one loaf of moldy, year-old bread and one cup of dirty water and 2 cups of expired milk. These rusty, fridges are 100 years old (with the most up to date temperature control) are extremlly dirty and never, ever get cleaned! Once you die, we send you back to earth where cut off all the waste, clean your organs for month then donate them and cremate the rest of your body.

So, you're willing to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on your prisoners? This is the EPITOME of wasteful. Not just that, you send them back safely.

Basically, you've blown billions of dollars on your worst prisoners. Good job.

i think it's supposed to be extreme but i do agree
Last edited by Mutant Lobster People on Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Easter Egg Issue Count: 4
Funny Quotes Below!
Dinosaurana wrote:I am not fucking kid.

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Why is there an 11 page thread arguing about pubic hair?
Progressiae wrote:Dinosaur My Is Purple-Raisins

Chatkasatan wrote:Or people who serve poop in ice cream.

Bad Translator wrote:"Mutant Lobster People"

...56 translations later we get:

"Rock sitemap"

An issue about gay adoption wrote:"Think about it: say you have two gay Mutant DinosaurApeCrabs"

The Altani Federation wrote:Are you lobsters trying to wreck your economy?

Canadai wrote:I'll sum up the last page in one sentence:

INSECTS IN SPACE, EVERYTHING IS FIRE

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:48 am

OOC:
I think a lot of people are over looking the fact that stage 4 of Kalasparata's revsied "process" is going to have a 99.9999999%* fatality rate so anything after that is just desecration of the dead, the deliberate wasting of potentially useful organs (because pretty much all the steps are going to seriously damage the organs) and a rather pointless waste of millions of dollars transporting dead bodies to space and back...

Of course if that is what is needed to satisfy his scatalogically obsessed national population then it is entirely up to him

*=Well it should be 100% but in the end "THIS IS NS" and the plotline should always allow for that 1 in a million shot...
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Kiraj
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiraj » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 am

The most severe punishment in Kiraj is death. Some jurisdictions do it by firing squad, some by hanging, some still use a sword. Clan retribution parties can occasionally be more creative in the manner of execution, but not often - that's a good way to start a clan war, which is generally inconvenient for all involved.

Seculartopia
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seculartopia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 am

-Going to a High Security Rehabilitation Center
LOL....Google Chrome doesnt support the Google Toolbar
|Seculartopia Encyclopedia|
|Ask Seculartopia A Question|

Alliances- International Secular Coalition-AMTF-Comintern Founding Member-Nuclear Arms Assembly

Ifreann Awesomeness
Rhodmire wrote:4/5 for being bold enough to put up what looks like something made from MS Paint.
That takes balls, and you've got them.

All was dark when the armies surrounded the town. There was little bloodshed as they swept in, and they quickly took control. "Success," said a communicator, "a base has been established."

OOC:There. Now, we'll wait for UK to catch up.

^EPIC RP GODMOD FAIL!!

Civics Quiz
You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %
Average score for this quiz during August: 75.6%

UberWeegeeia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby UberWeegeeia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 am

Rehabilition first, if it fails, prison, if THAT fails, 10 years extra in prison, if THAT fails also, death, and it's public, fun for everyone!
Our favorite excutions are:
Death by Spycrab
Death by Papercut
Death by stickynotes
Death by bonesaw
Death by sharks
Death by fire
Death by sword
Death by watching Twilight for 50 hours straight.
We have so much more, infact, we have a tv channel that features excutions, it's like a sport here!
Winner of 2002-2010 most negative person on earth.
"Four score and seven years ago, our forefathers snuck up behind a Super Mutant and buried their Shock Swords in his mutated ass!"
Most hated person on F7.
The Coalition For The Advancement Of Anthropomorphic Rights. Every one of you that joins is another punch to the ANTIFA's face!
Proud defender of furries.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm

We punish people for treason. The punishment is death. Officially, that death comes in the form of meltdown, but traitors will usually resist with armed force and end up getting blasted to bits where they stand, instead.

Orlkjestad wrote:
It's good to see someone else who seems to realise it's possible to avoid sinking down to the level of those you're punishing.

Here in Victorious Decepticons, we - at best - do not care for the silly concept of "levels" in that sense. Those with actual strength of arms and "intestinal" fortitude do not have to look for such flimsy ways to feel superior. It would actually be considered treason (specifically, "attempting to weaken the society by undermining the Decepticon Way") to spout such moralistic nonsense within our borders.

The reason the Decepticon government doesn't use more painful methods of punishment is purely one of strategy: The longer a prisoner is alive, the more chance he has of getting himself out of the jam. Treason, in all its forms, is the only thing that's illegal here, and a traitor managing to get away is a Bad Thing. So we delete them ASAP!
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Turias
Secretary

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Turias » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:08 am

Either Death Penalty which is carried out in a series of improvised ways, or being exiled and having you're arms and chest branded with the Mark of Shame, if one survives their exile, they come back as a hero.
The Hierarchial Meritocracy of Turias. (The Turian Hierarchy)

The Pelican Nation
Attaché

Founded: Apr 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pelican Nation » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 am

Louisiana has no sick desire to prove how powerful she is as a nation by inflicting torture and pain on others. The worst we will do to you is kill you rapidly with a bullet or a noose.
Last edited by The Pelican Nation on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blitzkrenia
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkrenia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:26 am

We hug them.
"Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow." -Oscar Wilde

The Marxist Commune
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marxist Commune » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:29 am

We stick 5 bullets up their dick and put a clamp on it, then hits it with a hammer.
"I am the revolutionary! I am the proletariat! I am the people!"
"The most potent weapon in the hand of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed."
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."
"Peace to you, if your'e willing to fight for it."
"You can kill a revolutionary, but you can never kill the revolution!"
"Better to die standing, than to live on your knees."
"The seed of revolution is repression."
The Workers Pact
Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.
Working Men of All Countries, Unite!

The Pelican Nation
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pelican Nation » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:30 am

Blitzkrenia wrote:We hug them.

We do, too! Sometimes, we hug especially nasty criminals, but we hug them 'round the neck instead of the shoulders, and we use a thick rope instead of arms!

...Not the same thing?

I would also like to point out that Kalasparata is now recognized as a Rogue State by the Pelican Republic, and Code Blue Travel Advisory is now in indefinite affect concerning that place.

Nobody is permitted to go there directly, and nobody is permitted to come here from there, save those in need of political asylum.
Last edited by The Pelican Nation on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kalasparata
Senator

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:32 am

The Marxist Commune wrote:We stick 5 bullets up their dick and put a clamp on it, then hits it with a hammer.

What if it's a female?
No I did not spell jail wrong, "gaol" is the Australian spelling
cityrailsaints on TrainsPlanesNRL
Capital City:Ipsola
Leader: Stelios Cityrailsaints
Religion: Orthodox Christianity
|| Factbook (Wiki) | Flag Meaning | Photobucket
|| cityraildude on YouTube || Embassy | NewsEconomic Calculators: NSEconomy | SunSet
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
98%of teenagers would run to his aid if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 2% moving people out of the way to make sure no one can catch him, copy and paste this into your signature

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 am

The Pelican Nation wrote: I would also like to point out that Kalasparata is now recognized as a Rogue State by the Pelican Republic, and Code Blue Travel Advisory is now in indefinite affect concerning that place.

Nobody is permitted to go there directly, and nobody is permitted to come here from there, save those in need of political asylum.

We have had a similar policy in effect for some time now, not that any harberian citizen would want to go to that third-world hole to begin with, and we really don't want their "people" in our nation. We have similar policies as regards Great Nepal as well.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 am

We just lock people up in a cell for the rest of their lives
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Pythonic Inquisition
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Pythonic Inquisition » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:00 am

The Most Noble and Unexpected Pythonic Inquisition wishes to condone Kalasparata's methods of punishment. We feel we could learn a lot from your great nation :)
Last edited by Pythonic Inquisition on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOBODY expects the Pythonic Inquisition!!!!!

Polythinia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Polythinia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 am

Kalasparata wrote:...air, showers are strictly forbidden...

How do you forbid air?

Pythonic Inquisition
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Pythonic Inquisition » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:06 am

Polythinia wrote:

How do you forbid air?

If Kalasparata wants to forbid air, he'll bloody well forbid air
NOBODY expects the Pythonic Inquisition!!!!!

Charlemartyr
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlemartyr » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:09 am

Death by torture, eradication of extended family, expungement of records.

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:38 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
The Pelican Nation wrote: I would also like to point out that Kalasparata is now recognized as a Rogue State by the Pelican Republic, and Code Blue Travel Advisory is now in indefinite affect concerning that place.

We have had a similar policy in effect for some time now, not that any harberian citizen would want to go to that thrid-world hole to begin with, and we really don't want their "people" in our nation. We have similar policies as regards Great Nepal as well.

Ditto that and so-called citizens of Yellow Zone and Sharada.
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Kalasparata
Senator

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasparata » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:40 am

Pythonic Inquisition wrote:The Most Noble and Unexpected Pythonic Inquisition wishes to condone Kalasparata's methods of punishment. We feel we could learn a lot from your great nation :)

Thank You, TG me and I'll teach ya!

Pythonic Inquisition wrote:
Polythinia wrote:

How do you forbid air?

If Kalasparata wants to forbid air, he'll bloody well forbid air

:bow: :clap: Your my new favorite!
No I did not spell jail wrong, "gaol" is the Australian spelling
cityrailsaints on TrainsPlanesNRL
Capital City:Ipsola
Leader: Stelios Cityrailsaints
Religion: Orthodox Christianity
|| Factbook (Wiki) | Flag Meaning | Photobucket
|| cityraildude on YouTube || Embassy | NewsEconomic Calculators: NSEconomy | SunSet
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.
98%of teenagers would run to his aid if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 2% moving people out of the way to make sure no one can catch him, copy and paste this into your signature

Mussleburgh
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 28, 2006
Ex-Nation

Our nations worst criminal punishment

Postby Mussleburgh » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:50 am

Take the two criminals together. Shoot the largest. Chuck them off a cliff. The dead one will weigh the other down.

Efficiency. Thats how its done.
Du dotter mina fiender, måste du förgöres,
Den som betalar dig när du har tjänat oss!
Den som tar och streck
Ditt barn mot berget
Psalm 137:8-9 NKJV
Och det skall vara, när du har intagit staden,
du ska sätta eld på staden
och låt folk kommer att brinna.
Joshua 8:8 KJV

Deal with it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information