NATION

PASSWORD

Forms of execution in your nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:06 pm

The Pelican Nation wrote:Killing in the name of security, and public freedom is using the same method, but morally speaking, the purpose is vastly different.

If killing people is an effective problem-solving tool in your society, don't be surprised if criminals use it too. Morally speaking, it's worse, if anything, when a whole society uses it against a helpless prisoner.

Laritvia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Laritvia » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Laritvia utilizes death by hanging and firing squad. Our Leader recognizes the unsettling image of those methods of execution and uses them as an example.

We do not, however, make a habit of killing a lot of our criminals unless we are absolutely sure they were responsible. We usually use the amount of witnesses and DNA evidence as part of our criteria.

As for the incarcerated they are used to better the lives of innocent citizens by using them as a cheap workforce.

Laritvia doesn't turn its back on a potential resource.
Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.
~George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four~

Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.21

The Pelican Nation
Attaché

Founded: Apr 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pelican Nation » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:If killing people is an effective problem-solving tool in your society, don't be surprised if criminals use it too. Morally speaking, it's worse, if anything, when a whole society uses it against a helpless prisoner.

His victims were equally helpless, and unlike them, he was granted a lawful trial before a jury comprised of his peers, who found him guilty by law, made a ruling which was heard by a lawfully appointed judge who, acting upon the decision of the jury and within the mandates of the law, decided it would be best to sentence him to death by legally established means intended to be as quick and as painless as possible.

Nothing will cause me to pity such people. I do not claim to be a saint, but I am better than them.

- President Tami Arceneaux
Last edited by The Pelican Nation on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:16 pm

The Pelican Nation wrote:Nothing will cause me to pity such people. I do not claim to be a saint, but I am better than them.

Nobody's asking for your pity. I don't know why you're so defensive. If you want to believe that one killer is somehow "better" than another one, go right ahead. Just don't expect everybody else to believe you.

The Pelican Nation
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pelican Nation » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
The Pelican Nation wrote:Nothing will cause me to pity such people. I do not claim to be a saint, but I am better than them.

Nobody's asking for your pity. I don't know why you're so defensive. If you want to believe that one killer is somehow "better" than another one, go right ahead. Just don't expect everybody else to believe you.

I do not care about "everybody else," my friend. I care about the Republic. If you do not like how we do things here, and you do not, do not go on making plans to spend any time here. Your arrogance, which I expect you will deny exists, is not welcome.

Last edited by The Pelican Nation on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:36 pm

The Pelican Nation wrote:If you do not like how we do things here, and you do not, do not go on making plans to spend any time here.

You flatter yourself. I'm not weighing the pros and cons of your nation as a tourist destination. If you need to protect yourselves by killing people, your "security" is clearly too dangerous for civilized tourists.

If you want to pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that one killing is a terrible crime and the next is a great accomplishment, go ahead and do so.

The Pelican Nation
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pelican Nation » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:39 pm

We will. Because it is true. We do not need tourists from the like of you. Arrogance is not a virtue here.

The chrisman union
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The chrisman union » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:41 pm

Capital punishment is non existent in the Chrisman Union as it is a cruel and barbaric punishment.
Embassy
The Allied Nations of the Chrisman Union (ANCU)
Leader: President Christian Veldt
Armed forces: 900,000
Population: 340,000,000
Government type: Liberal Social Democracy
Shebu wrote: 9 out of 10 times when you have a Ak47 pointed at you, you pay attention.

North Defese wrote:If I had a nickle and the head of everyone who called me [Defense], I'd be rich, and thrown in prison for all the mutliated corpses strewn about my house.

Tunizcha wrote:Never get in a staring contest with a cat. Even if you win, you still lose, because you just spent 5 minutes staring at a cat.

Canadai wrote:In Canadai, the vertically impaired are treated as equal citizens, and given ladders by the government.

Niur wrote:Lets all just get brain transplants to shark bodies.
Defcon: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Station 12
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Station 12 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Execution is a quick and efficient process. Once a crime has been commited, the nearest Enforcer shoots the offender and sends their corpse away for repurposing.

It is not a formal event.
Welcome to Station 12, citizen. Have a HAPPY day.

Birnadia wrote:JOY unit is perfection. JOY unit cannot be questioned.

Verlorenen wrote:I might be a cold-hearted fascist, but honestly - Station 12, your posts scare the living hell out of me.

Manahakatouki wrote:I would but you scare the crap out of me....your nation anyway.....

New Caldaris wrote:LOL dude i rarely see your posts but when i do i am either laughing or terrified at the thought someone could even say something so sinister and evil.

Lockswania wrote:Station twelve, you scare me.

The Eurasican Union wrote:Station 12, My leader might be corrupt and evil on the inside, but if he was on your station, he'd jump into space as a form of suicide.

Penndale
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Penndale » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:03 pm

You guys are REALLY creative..
You would go through this topic faster if you stop reading signatures.

Myakka
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Myakka » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Crimes that warrant Execution in MYakka are as following:

Murder of two or more people and usually murders that prove to be very brutal, savage beatings, slow bleeding, poisoning OR a murder of any degree against one or more children automatically calls for Death.

In addition, Terrorism, High Treason, sex crimes against women and children and theft against the Government are punishable by death.

Depending on the brutality will chose the style of execution. The more brutal and savage the crime the more savage the punishment. These include beating, shooting, slow and steady exposure to elemental conditions. A poising may grant the execution of poison. We don't believe those who can commit such heinous crimes can be saved and society is far better off with out them. Rehabilitation is useless it is discipline that instills reform and true apologetic reconciliation. Children under 12 cannot be executed the mentally unstable who are already institutionalized can be killed if for some reason they escape from the institution and commit a crime they are killed.
Last edited by Myakka on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Underworld City
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Underworld City » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Using guns on criminals is a waste of ammo so they are usually fed to the ferals.

" A government that gives everything can take it all away."- Gerald Ford
"The Democrats say that the United States has had its days in the sun, that our nation has passed its zenith. They expect you to tell your children that the American people no longer have the will to cope with their problems, that the future will be one of sacrifice and few opportunities. My fellow citizens, I utterly reject that view." - Ronald Reagan
"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."- Thomas jefferson

Sunsader
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sunsader » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:15 pm

We use firing squad and hanging.
Touch me.

Sol-Kar
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sol-Kar » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:15 pm

crucifiction

Mopacherokee
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mopacherokee » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:21 pm

We tend to entertain our fans using gladiators but tourture terrorists and POW's of a nation that supports genocide to death

The Marxist Commune
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marxist Commune » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:21 pm

In the Commune, we do not execute our citizens without consent of the convict. We give them a choice. They can choose to be executed, or they can choose to live out the rest of their lives in solitary confinement.
"I am the revolutionary! I am the proletariat! I am the people!"
"The most potent weapon in the hand of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed."
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."
"Peace to you, if your'e willing to fight for it."
"You can kill a revolutionary, but you can never kill the revolution!"
"Better to die standing, than to live on your knees."
"The seed of revolution is repression."
The Workers Pact
Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.
Working Men of All Countries, Unite!

Ashlak
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashlak » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Execution is illegal in Ashlak, the only time we do executions is if we win a war against a nation and we capture the leader. Then the current President of Ashlak is to carry out the execution himself. What we do is we tie there hands together to a pole, then the president asks for any last words, then afterward the president puts a bullet in between the eyes. All of this is filmed and stored for historical reasons. And thanks to the Ashlakian Sniper Assassination Squad rarely is war or executions a problem.
I am a girl of the transgender variety

Person012345
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Person012345 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:50 pm

Shot to the head in a room within the court house.

Though I stress this is only cases where there is absolutely no doubt of the guilt of the suspect, and only for the biggest crimes like rape and murder. Though those crimes are very rare in themselves, and the number of people who the evidence is so strong against as to make it sure is extremely small.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:53 pm

The official method of execution of robots is meltdown, however, since those so targeted will usually fight for their lives through the use of arms, they usually end up getting blasted by the military right where they are found, instead.

If a human acts up, we just step on it.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Ostronopolis
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ostronopolis » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:55 pm

A fifty caliber desert eagle fired at point-blank range.
Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis
“Mortici Touaente Antimia”
Ostronopolian Trading Company || Congburgers || Communique Guide || Factbook ||
Member of: || The Conglomerate || Sovereign Network
Observer of: || COMINTERN || IFA ||

Quotes:
<Amit:> Ostro
<Amit> Through your sheer force of character
<Amit> You could get a nation to work for you

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm

My, some nations here certainly get ... inventive ... as for their forms of execution. In the Kingdom, we use several means, but as the goal is to end the life of the convicted as quickly as possible, they are neither remarkable nor are they inventive, merely quick and efficient.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Thatcountryoverthere
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Thatcountryoverthere » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:08 pm

The Republic of Thatcountryoverthere tries to rehabilitate criminals, but if there is no changing that persons mind than we let the victim decide. Of course, we make sure the way of death is humane.

Vietnam Empire
Envoy

Founded: Feb 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vietnam Empire » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:08 pm

The Vietnam Empire Criminal Law states:

Murders will be executed by Firing Squad or Stabbed to Death
Illegal Druggist (trafficking and others) will be Lethal Injection(will die within 62 hours, so they must endure the slow painful death)
Racist Organization (such as the KKK, Neo-Nazis, or Supremacist), execution by Hanging (in front of the people they made racist attacks on)
Terrorist ("enemy of the state") execution by Firing Squad
Rapist, execution by Police or Military Attack Dogs
Pirates, execution by Hanging or Walk the plank in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

There are more, but these are the most common crimes in the Vietnam Empire
Vietnam Empire Embassy | Vietnam Empire Factbook Ver. 2 | Vietnam Empire Military (Version 1.0)
President Hans Ly | P.M. Richard Dinh | Minister of Foreign Affairs & Trade – -----
Supernational Membership: Workers' International
MILCON(Military Condition) | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 |--Peacetime
| Nuclear Watch | Ϙ | Ϡ | Ϛ | Ξ | ----Peacetime

Kwunjin
Envoy

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwunjin » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Hanging is the capital punishment in Kwunjin, reserved for rapists, mass murderers, corrupted officials, cult leaders and other high level criminals. We hang very few people, only the absolutely evil criminals who committed the crime beyond a reasonable crime are hanged.
The criminals do not when they'll be hanged. They're imprisoned in the tiny cell and waited for their hanging. They can request their last meal and write a final letter. Then they'll be hanged in a private ceremony that oversaw by the Chief executioner and a few officials. Their body will then be presented to their family and friend, if the criminals have any.
Last edited by Kwunjin on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Kwunjin
浚錦王國
Monarch: King Kwunjin III
Factbook
Join Kwunjin's Civil Service

Viperco1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 03, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Viperco1 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:08 pm

work them to death, gladitorial games, organ extraction, medical experimentation (whatevers useful); there bodies are usually turned into zombies or products (soap, fetilizer)
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.31

We need to stop separating social problems from the people who cause them.

Those who refuse to coexist shouldn't be allowed to exist at all.
Unitary Secular Global Constitutional Techno-Utopian Meritocratic Republic with a Common Law System based on Sex-Positive, Libertarian and Chinese Legalist principles having a Universal First Language, Gender Equality, Politico-Criminal Eliminationism and Class Collaboration within a Social Market Economy.
Meta: Nihilism
Normative: Preferance Utilitarianism, Natural Law, Ethics of Care
Personal: Hedonism, Intellectuallism
Art: Aestheticism
Metaphysical Naturalism, Atheism, Physicalism, Determinism, Presentism, Monism, Dysteleology, Existential Nihilism

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information