NATION

PASSWORD

An OOC Update from New Hayesalia

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

An OOC Update from New Hayesalia

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:16 am

Hi all!

Some of you probably know me, others may be only stumbling here. More likely than not, you clicked on my signature. But this is life, I suppose.

At this time, I am putting my nation through the most intense period of redesign and redevelopment it has ever been through, meaning I will be taking a bit of time out from RP as I already have been. I'm also running my own business IRL, so that also takes some time but yolo ya know.

My updated flag is probably the first indication of this, but there will be more. Some new elements will be:

• Clean, updated National Factbook and Military webpages
  • Updates to the New Hayesalian Embassy Program
  • Updates to the New Hayesalian Military loadout.
  • Added depth to New Hayesalia's history and other factbook elements
  • Use of modelling software to render the faces of New Hayesalian leaders, past and present.
  • Greatly detailed maps - maps so big you'll have to download the file to see the whole picture.
  • Publicly accessible spreadsheets which will present highly detailed geographic and military information about New Hayesalia
  • A new regional relationship dynamic
  • New insignia and emblems ranging from military crests to an updated coat of arms
  • Continual styling arrangements for Union 24 news, potentially culminating with a newswire service

I would appreciate any recommendations or advice in this pursuit- I'm keen to show New Hayesalia as not just a Nationstates leading nation, but also as one damn stylish place to be.

Best regards
New Hayesalia
Last edited by New Hayesalia on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drekka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:16 pm

No real advice but Im curious as to ask if New Hayesalia ever plans to completely ditch its flag for a new one like New Zealand/dem Kiwis ?

Aslo, I thought it would be a cool idea to see the inner lives of your average New Hayesalian be posted in the factbook as sort of a faux blog.

Hindia Belanda
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Hindia Belanda » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:27 am

Well done :clap: New Hayesalia has always been an inspiration to my nations and I hope to see those changes soon.

One quick question though: Did you ever go through with your plan to ditch weebly and find another host for your country's official website? Weebly became horrible and practically unusable for me after the update, especially for working with lots of webpages.
Nederlands-Indië - Hindia Belanda
IIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIII

Ioannis Papakonstantinou, Senator (independent)

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:39 am

hey all!

Unfortunately, not yet. Weebly has a great way of basically making your content difficult to access for a mass download. There are, unfortunately, no other alternatives that would not require upwards of 50 hours of work to develop. One idea I've had is to just create e-books that people can access as an in-browser .pdf file, but I will still need to find an effective way of doing that. I'll also need to get a new image hosting site if that's the case, but most likely I would use google drive or dropbox or similar. The struggle, of course, is finding the right service and programs to do that.

Sweet idea Drek- and good luck in the military! The idea of a daily vlog of New Hayesalians sounds cool, but I've never been great at character RPs on that scale. Humans are too unpredictable!

And thanks Hindia for that, it really makes me feel great about being back on NS :hug:

As an update I'm prud to say this NH flag is a completely custom job and not an Argentine rip-off. There is a new coat of arms which I will soon release

Free Missouri
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Missouri » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:02 pm

Welcome back and I hope you the best of luck.
Military Whitelist
[spoiler=Isidewith score]http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/933358212
Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachten, Zalig Kerstfeest, শুভ বড়দিন, Feliz Navidad, and to all a blessed new year.

“Too much capitalism does not mean too many capitalists, but too few capitalists.”The Uses of Diversity, 1921, GK Chesterton

Crimson Rosella Isles
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimson Rosella Isles » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:03 pm

From what I have seen, it seems like you are experienced in this game enough already. Everyone has a different style of gameplay to some extent (under my main Chadtonia nation {{this is an extension/puppet}}) and that's okay. My usual advice doesn't apply here, so my advice for you: just have fun.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:28 am

Hello everyone! It's been an adventure of two years in the making of part-time works and efforts, but I am proud to announce that the following objectives have been wrapped up:

• Clean, updated National Factbook and Military webpages COMPLETE and ONGOING! Visit the links below
  • Updates to the New Hayesalian Embassy Program COMPLETE! Visit the links below
  • Updates to the New Hayesalian Military loadout. COMPLETE! More detailed information will be contained in a yet-to-be-finalised spreadhseet
  • Added depth to New Hayesalia's history and other factbook elements COMPLETE and ONGOING! Visit the links below
  • Use of modelling software to render the faces of New Hayesalian leaders, past and present. WORKAROUND! I have used a combination of archives, photo portraits, and casting websites to create the objective.
  • Greatly detailed maps - maps so big you'll have to download the file to see the whole picture. ALMOST COMPLETE. The larger provincial maps and a national climate map are on the agenda. Please see the links below.
  • Publicly accessible spreadsheets which will present highly detailed geographic and military information about New Hayesalia ALMOST COMPLETE. I still need to find an appropriate spreadsheet host site.
  • A new regional relationship dynamic ABANDONED
  • New insignia and emblems ranging from military crests to an updated coat of arms COMPLETE
  • Continual styling arrangements for Union 24 news, potentially culminating with a newswire service
COMPLETE

I would be eager to hear new ideas, hints, or suggestions on future challenges!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information