NATION

PASSWORD

Tyran Regional Application Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Great Lucis and Aomori
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Lucis and Aomori » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:42 am

Gylias wrote:
Great Lucis and Aomori wrote:Yup :) all are yes... Austrakiba is basically a fusion of Australia and New Zealand with New Zealand being more Japanese oriented than Maori

Coincidentally, Akashi is a fusion of New Zealand and Canada, with a Kirisakian majority, and English and Maori minorities. I suppose that at least would lead to some decent relations between the two based on cultural similarities.

And, if it's one thing Tyran needed, it's a cooking show that's totally not filled with sexual content. :D

Oh sure... I'd love to do that :)
The Offical British Counterpart in Tyran
*Also known as Darzana or Natsuru
My Commonwealth Realm: Austrakiba
Original account: Great Lucis and Accordo
http://orig11.deviantart.net/30fe/f/2015/193/0/7/tabitha_walzting_matilda_by_nanashishizuku22-d90yu63.jpg
Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda
You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Percy Island
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

My application, submission

Postby Percy Island » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:56 am

Application
Official Name of Nation: None but nevertheless it is known as "Percy Island" as it is commonly perceived, and perhaps it is also considered formal.

Other names (Those stated in the first paragraph seen and others scattered in the History section on this nation's IIWiki) are not canonical and yet to be determined.

Reason why will be explained shortly. Name may be determined again but I prefer not.
Type of Government: Directorial democracy. Sovereignty belongs to another country who is/was a colonial power and the metropole of this nation, or appropriately, this polity. (To be determined) May be determined again but I prefer not.
Head of Government: Council of Governors, effectively so.
Head of State: Territorial Judge, effectively so.
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): 17,806
Type of Economy: Mixed economy, insignificantly dominated by private enterprise but not necessarily controlled by public enterprise.
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.): To be determined.
Preferred Climate: Sub tropical, humid.
Roleplaying Example or Links (Please provide at least three individual posts or at least three paragraphs):

Roleplaying Example #1-8, as Percy Island
Roleplaying Example #9, as Saint-Hadrien
Roleplaying Example #10, as Saint-Hadrien

Now, on those marked "yet to be determined," the like, and that seemingly so: Before determining those I would like to settle with a former/colonial power as my nation's, or as I have said earlier in this application, my polity's metropole.
Last edited by Percy Island on Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Official Name: The Territory of Percy Island
Simply Percy Island but commonly known as Anthony's Island
DEMONYM IS PERCY ISLANDER
GET. IT. RIGHT.

I am Saint Hadrian. This, Percy Island, is my puppet.

Gylias
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:25 am

Percy Island wrote:-snip-

Before anything else, I have to ask why do you have to mention you're not Lanos in your sig? That's pretty confusing.

Percy Island
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Percy Island » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:51 am

Gylias wrote:
Percy Island wrote:-snip-

Before anything else, I have to ask why do you have to mention you're not Lanos in your sig? That's pretty confusing.

Back in Esquarium, I assumed people will immidiately acknowledge that this account belongs to Lanos due to the design on my flag's canton. But over time I realized it was not needed, so now I simply forgot to edit that off my signature. Sorry about that.
Official Name: The Territory of Percy Island
Simply Percy Island but commonly known as Anthony's Island
DEMONYM IS PERCY ISLANDER
GET. IT. RIGHT.

I am Saint Hadrian. This, Percy Island, is my puppet.

Gylias
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:32 am

Percy Island wrote:
Gylias wrote:

Back in Esquarium, I assumed people will immidiately acknowledge that this account belongs to Lanos due to the design on my flag's canton. But over time I realized it was not needed, so now I simply forgot to edit that off my signature. Sorry about that.

No worries. I thought it had something to do with the flag - it's an odd thing to see in a sig, for sure.

Syara
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Syara » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:19 pm

I have no objections.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Acrea
Attaché

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acrea » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:49 pm

I've no objections to any of the three.

Quen Minh
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Quen Minh » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Me too.
Tis' best that you call my nation Quenmin.

"It is a useless life that is not consecrated to a great ideal” - Jose Rizal

“You call me a legendary general, but I think I’m no different from my soldiers" - Võ Nguyên Giáp

"Learning never exhausts the mind" - Leonardo da Vinci

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Azura and Montemayor
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Azura and Montemayor » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:47 pm

I have no problems with any of the new applicants.

Tennai
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Tennai » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:29 am

What everyone else has said.^^^^

Ossoria
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossoria » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:04 am

Prior applicants accepted.

Applications are still open.
The High Kingdom of Ossoria
High Queen Tara Silven

Jedoria
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedoria » Mon May 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Application
Official Name of Nation: The Federated Combine of Jedoria (Federatīvās Kombināts no Jedori)
Type of Government: Federal Presidential Republic
Head of Government: Archon Jaan Kask
Head of State: Archon Jaan Kask
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): 184,560,740
Type of Economy: Free market with some mixed mark elements
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.):

The Federated Combine of Jedoria (Latvian: Federatīvās Kombināts no Jedori) is a sovereign state led by Archon Jaan Kask, inhabited by 184,560,750 citizens. The Federated Combine is subdivided into 14 States, 2 Territories, and 1 Autonomous Province. The Jedori people are divided into three main ethnic groups, the Muzmon which form 58% of the population or 95,971,560 people, the Karunes which form 28% of the population, or 51,677,010, and the Nesed, which form 20%, or 36,912,150 total citizens. The Federated Combine is a industrialized but still developing state, recovering from a bloody civil war that ended just under 10 years ago and left over 4 million dead. Reconstruction efforts remain underway, and in response to an erratic and unstable economic growth in addition to a still fragile political realm, the Combine Government, in particular the Executive Branch, has attempted to consolidate power and guide the nation to a new era of peace and prosperity.

The Federated Combine is a parliamentary democracy, where parliament is divided into two houses, the National Council and the Federal Assembly. The National Council serves to appoint Archons, the head of the Executive Branch, sign treaties, and approve members to the Supreme Tribunal. National Council members are appointed by the state governments. The Federal Assembly is appointed by representative democratic elections in each state, and are primarily responsible for passing laws and enacting legislation, as well as approving a federal budget. The Executive Branch is led by the Archon, who is also the Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, and is responsible for enforcing laws and coordinating the various affairs of government and administration. The Supreme Tribunal interprets laws passed by the Federal Assembly in order to determine the Constitutional legality of controversial laws, as well as serving as the ultimate legal authority in the Combine.

Today the nation faces various issues and obstacles. In the aftermath of the civil war, reconstruction is still underway in various stages across the states. It as been a long and uneven process that continues to soak of a significant portion of the budget and demands a constant strain of already heavily taxed resources. Economic growth, while generally in an upward trend, has been erratic and often times unpredictable, and the market suffers as a result. Despite a wealth of natural resources and large population, the Jedori economy lags behind other states of equal size and lacks both the purchasing power and financial assets of other foreign nations. Political disputes within the states themselves continue to test the resolve of the Combine government, including the growing tensions with the Nesedana Autonomous Province and their increasingly pro-independence desires. Due to it's myriad of domestic concerns, the Federated Combine's foreign policy is chiefly focused around trade and avoiding conflict with other nations.

Preferred Climate: Temperate. As long as it's not near Syara.

Roleplaying Example or Links (Please provide at least three individual posts or at least three paragraphs): These are some posts that I've written that I'm fairly proud of.

viewtopic.php?p=30070237#p30070237

viewtopic.php?p=28638722#p28638722

viewtopic.php?p=28111205#p28111205
“We were all of us cogs in a great machine which sometimes rolled forward, nobody knew where, sometimes backwards, nobody knew why.”
― Ernst Toller

Keltaine
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Keltaine » Mon May 01, 2017 7:02 pm

Application
Official Name of Nation: The Keltaine Conglomerate
Type of Government: Corporate Oligarchy/Failed State
Head of Government: N/A; The Council of the Militia Triumvirate governs with all three members on equal standing.
Head of State: Nominally President Caladan Roon; the office of Presidency rotates annually between the three factions of the Triumvirate and is mainly a point of contact with foreign governments, with little domestic authority.
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): 20 million
Type of Economy: Anarchic corporatism.
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.): Keltaine is a small, frontier nation that has for most of history been beset by foreign attempts at conquest and internecine warfare, where periods of political unity are the exception rather than the rule and rarely lasting more than a generation. It is ill suited for most types of agriculture except for ranching and modest farming around the scarce water resources. Consequentially the natives developed a semi-nomadic culture focused on the management of herds and grasses, with modest trade with the scattered settled communities. Of course a certain segment of the population resorts to banditry, a consistent plague on the Keltainish economy.

The culture is generally insular and inward looking, more concerned with eking out an existence from the harsh land than the goings on of distant lands. Religion is disorganized, focused on the veneration of various nature spirits. However, as a favoured destination for outcasts, rogues, dissidents, and cast-offs, most major religions have managed to find a toehold in Keltaine, though doctrine must give way to the harsh practicalities of survival. The foreigners that bring these foreign religions are usually not paragons of doctrinal virtue in any case.

The state, such as it is understood in a modern context, is nonexistent. The last attempt at political unity and the formation of a proper nation, under the failed monarch and would-be dynast Anomander I, was overthrown by a coalition of three populist militias in the 1960's. As so often happens with the conclusion of a revolution, these erstwhile allies faced the question of which among them would rise to pre-eminence. Rather than prolong the civil war, they kicked the can down the road and hammered out a compromise. The capital was divided between the three factions, as was the country with each militia given authority over its geographical base of support. The Council of the Militia Triumvirate was established to mediate disputes and to, hopefully, mobilize collective defense in the event of foreign aggression. The goal of maintaining peace was never really perfected, with skirmishes, kidnappings, and other violent gestures of posturing continuing to be employed, but thus far the Council has been successful in eventually resolving these conflicts and preventing the outbreak of proper civil war.

The Militias themselves quickly became mercenary protection rackets. Fees were set below pre-Council taxation rates, usually collected in payment in kind to keep the mercenaries provisioned with food, shelter, and clothes. Reduction in fees are offered to families that provide at least two recruits for whichever militia that protects them.

Preferred Climate: Arid and desert like. Agricultural output is low, barely able to meet domestic demand. Mineral wealth is more common, providing an opportunity to attract foreign investment and provide domestic employment. I'd like to have a small reserve of underground crude oil, but with a lack of infrastructure and expertise hindering attempts to seriously extract it thus far.

Roleplaying Example or Links (Please provide at least three individual posts or at least three paragraphs):

Crack!

The butt of his rifle kicked against his shoulder, and Torres smiled a rueful smirk as he saw the distant figure collapse. He quickly scouted the horizon, but there was no sign of life, let alone retaliation. Pleased, the young man pulled out his knife and carefully etched a line into his rifle's stock. The third he'd carved in two days. He'd retched and heaved the previous day until his stomach was empty, after killing his first man. Now there was just a slight tightening in his gut and the race of his heart, so similar to when he'd hunt rabbit and the occasional antelope for his family, or defending their herd from wolves or hill cats.

Yes, like killing wolves.

Two more and the Red Crow would take him on as an initiate member. The monthly protection fee would be replaced with a monthly wage, and if his brother succeeded in getting in then their family's annual cattle contribution would be cut in half. What were the lives of predatory bandits held against the prosperity of his parents or the full belly of his little sister?

Taking a swig of lukewarm water from his battered canteen, Torres knew that his moral calculus was only part of his motivation. His brother might crave the skills necessary to remain and protect Erud, their hometown, and the consequential rise in prestige and rank that brought. Torres, however, dreamed of a life beyond these dusty hills and craggy badlands. He longed to see the verdant shores of Lake Illtata and the towers of Daerun on its shores. With luck he might even find work abroad, in nations said to be free of petty banditry, where a man could lounge in the shade of trees or wander glittering streets of cities made of glass and steel (if such a thing was possible). In short, escape. Such a prospect was worth killing for.

Thus steeled, Torres stood and slung his rifle over his shoulder and started the descent down the hill towards the corpse, knife in hand. Tied to his belt flapped the scalps of two men, soon to be joined by a third.
Last edited by Keltaine on Mon May 01, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gylias
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Tue May 02, 2017 2:06 am

No objections to Jedoria or Keltaine. Keltaine's idea is interesting — the region would benefit from a living illustration of Randroids' failures. :p
Last edited by Gylias on Tue May 02, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kirisaki
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kirisaki » Fri May 05, 2017 4:03 am

I'm fine with both applications, concept wise. Only concern is re the user behind Keltaine - newly created accounts don't generally have their first post be in our application thread. Is Keltaine a puppet of an established user, or is this just a hit-and-run?
The artist known as Kyrin Knightsbridge; everybody's favourite blend of acidic, astringent sarcasm.

Azura and Montemayor
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Azura and Montemayor » Sun May 07, 2017 8:02 pm

I have no issues with either application. I will echo Kirisaki, though, in that I would like to know the user behind Keltaine if they are going to pursue acceptance into the region.

Keltaine
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Keltaine » Mon May 08, 2017 3:38 pm

I'm not active with any other nation on NS, so I would be focused here with Keltaine. If you have a discord or chat of some kind I'd be happy to do some real time chatting if you wanna feel me up (so to speak).

Kirisaki
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kirisaki » Tue May 09, 2017 8:20 am

Keltaine wrote:I'm not active with any other nation on NS, so I would be focused here with Keltaine. If you have a discord or chat of some kind I'd be happy to do some real time chatting if you wanna feel me up (so to speak).

Feel free to hop on #Tyran @ espernet; that's where we usually hang out.
The artist known as Kyrin Knightsbridge; everybody's favourite blend of acidic, astringent sarcasm.

Kirisaki
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Kirisaki » Tue May 16, 2017 3:24 am

As there has been no reply forthcoming from Keltaine, nor - to the best of my knowledge - has the user been in contact with any of us, I'm afraid I must register a vote in the negative with regards to Keltaine's application.

Detectatia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Detectatia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Application
Official Name of Nation: The Detectatian Republic
Type of Government: Federal presidential republic
Head of Government: The President of Detectatia (currently Andrew Roneril, of the Free People's Party)
Head of State: The President of Detectatia (currently Andrew Roneirl, of the Free People's Party)
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): 104,038,580
Type of Economy: Market economy/mixed economy.
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.):
[NOTE: References to my country's geography are only AS IT IS NOW--this may change if need be! Ideally I'd like it to not, and hopefully it would be easy to integrate into any map or geographic configuration, but we can talk about that, obviously!

The Detectatian Republic is a peninsular state that has existed in its current form for more-or-less 325 years, but tracing its origins back to a small city-state founded around 550 years ago. That city-state, Ayand (which now exists as the largest city in the country with around 10,000,000 residents and capital of the province of the same name), was formed on the southern shore by exiles and runaways from the several kingdoms which controlled the peninsula. Being the only non-feudal political unit (with GLIMMERS of democracy but only slightly) on the peninsula and having a legal system friendly to trade, it became economically powerful and large enough in size to have war declared by the other kingdoms. Through the help of their economic partners overseas, Ayand was able to survive (and win) a grueling, many-decades long war for control of the peninsula. Out of this, however, came the People's Duchy of Detectatia, which was ruled as a psychotic dictatorship, by Reginald IV, who was instrumental in securing an Ayandish victory and convincing the state's governing body to give him absolute power. Although he could not control even a third of the peninsula, what he could control was controlled with an iron fist. After a sixtyish-year reign, he was overthrown and executed, the revolutionaries establishing the Republic as we know it today tand beginning a "Reunification Campaign," effectively war to either diplomatically or through force (re)conquer the whole of the peninsula (and later its surrounding islands).

Since its establishment, though, Detectatia has been a relatively stable, continuous state. It consists of 21 provinces and the Capital District of Trestone, which is built high up among the Torch Mountains in the middle of the province of Fresthuert. Although quite varied, Detectatians are broadly, culturally, quite individualistic, which might be an echo of a reaction to the Duchy, a totalitarian state, or perhaps more likely, a symptom of its very capitalist economic policy in the past 30ish years due to a popular embrace of libertarianism (an embrace that MIGHT be yielding, once again, to a more left-wing progressive sentiment lately). However, just as Detectatia celebrates the individual, it also frowns greatly on arrogance and apathy. Detectatia is a multiparty state, its 2 oldest parties--the Progressive Party and the Free People's Party sharing a rivalry that dates back nearly to the country's founding. The country is caught between competing cultural concerns: a mistrust of authority and desire for freedom, but also a genuine concern for the wellbeing of others, with a not insignificant number of conservatives wrapped up in the country's history. Detectatians are also known as natural diplomats, and, the Republic prefers to talk and trade its way around the world and out of conflict. It maintains a very small--but notoriously well-trained--military, and places great stock in their intelligence community, preferring to not wield a big stick but to know how to use a small stick. Knowledge, ideas, and discourse are power. Detectatians are friendly and feel deeply.

This is a country I've been working on for a good 4-5 years now, so there's so much I could say, but I'll leave it at that for now! I can definitely answer more questions if you have them. I've RPed before with Segland and Alizeria and Ossoria in the HL/Noctur as well.

Preferred Climate: Temperate oceanic climate--generally cool, cloudy, and rainy (like the UK)
Looking at these RP examples, I want to point out that starting last summer I began a relatively big overhaul of my country and its history that I'm still not TOTALLY done with, building off of an even earlier overhaul I did a year or two before that. That's why titles and offices and such are different in all of these except for the news article!

3 more traditional roleplaying examples:
viewtopic.php?p=14290144#p14290144

viewtopic.php?p=12367347#p12367347

viewtopic.php?p=11952055#p11952055

1 news article:
viewtopic.php?p=29584787#p29584787
DETECTATIA CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION PER MY GREAT RETCON PROJECT OF 2016

Ossoria
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossoria » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:13 pm

Detectatia: In favor
The High Kingdom of Ossoria
High Queen Tara Silven

Segland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Segland » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Detectatia is an old region mate of mine from Noctur, so I can vouch for him. I'd be very glad to have him join Tyran.
The Seglandic Republic | Segelcynn Gemænewela | 色各兰共和国
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere." - Seamus Heaney

Acrea
Attaché

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acrea » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:14 pm

Approved.

Great Lucis and Aomori
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Lucis and Aomori » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:18 pm

No objections
The Offical British Counterpart in Tyran
*Also known as Darzana or Natsuru
My Commonwealth Realm: Austrakiba
Original account: Great Lucis and Accordo
http://orig11.deviantart.net/30fe/f/2015/193/0/7/tabitha_walzting_matilda_by_nanashishizuku22-d90yu63.jpg
Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda
You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Gylias
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:37 am

Don't see anything to object to.

PreviousNext

Advertisement