NATION

PASSWORD

Tyran Regional Application Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gylias
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:10 am

Alizeria wrote:
Gylias wrote:No objections to Kel Assuk, Zambora and Alizeria.

Welcome back, Alizeria! Just FYI, we also have a nation that is quite heavily NZ-based: viewtopic.php?p=28776921#p28776921

You two should probably try to hash something out about common canon, given the overlap. :)

Alizeria isn't really based on New Zealand though. It's actually more like Ireland than New Zealand.

Ah, okay. I just guessed from the descriptions of Anthony Ashton and Jennifer Dixon that it was a parallel with David Lange/Rogernomics and Jim Bolger/Ruthanasia. No worries then.

Alizeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Alizeria » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:39 am

Gylias wrote:
Alizeria wrote:
Alizeria isn't really based on New Zealand though. It's actually more like Ireland than New Zealand.

Ah, okay. I just guessed from the descriptions of Anthony Ashton and Jennifer Dixon that it was a parallel with David Lange/Rogernomics and Jim Bolger/Ruthanasia. No worries then.

It's based on NZ history, but it's very much its own country now. I've had 5 years to develop it.
IIwiki | Hansard | Foreign Affairs | Q&A
Late Roman Empire wrote:Draconians often joke that they double-inspect imports of Alizerian lamb for signs of coupling.

New Edom wrote:Did you hear about that Alizerian who said he’d eat some sheep’s balls on a bet? He won the bet, but damn did that sheep kick him.

Hittanryan wrote:What do you call a guy with his hand up a sheep's ass? An Alizerian mechanic.

Schottia wrote:While Belisaria is burning Schottia is watching football and Alizeria is teaching sheep to drive.

Shalum wrote:Alizeria, the one place where it's acceptable to be a lady by day, and a freak in the hay.

Ratchasima
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ratchasima » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:26 pm

Application
Official Name of Nation: The Kingdom of Ratchasima.
Type of Government: Constitutional Monarchy.
Head of Government: Boromakot
Head of State: Kitt Sripituksakul (Military Junta)
National Population: 65 Million.
Type of Economy: Mixed.
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, etc.): Ratchasima is a Thai-kind of nation, it was discovered by an ancient unknown tribe which lost contact with their original settlement, then, said populations discovered that the territory was large enough to create a nation and probably build up a decently strong kingdom. Named Ratchasima in honor to the leader of the expedition, the nation has suffered periods of unstability in terms of governance, which were left behind when the Monarchy was created, Boromakot, the newest monarch has provided the nation a high sense of unity to the people of the nation, and is now leading a series of reformations to the nation, despite the military has some power, to the point of having a Junta, the Monarchy remains as an untouchable bastion for them.

The weather of Ratchasima is tropical, the nation is known for having white-sand beaches, perhaps, one of the best in the multiverse, also known for being an economy heavily dependant of exports, tourism and industrial manufacturing, positioning Ratchasima as one of the newest industrialized countries in the multiverse, walking slowly to a better future, provided if the Junta doesn't goes crazy and attempts to kill Boromakot, which would submerge Ratchasima into chaos.
Preferred Climate: Tropical.
Last edited by Ratchasima on Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Ratchasima

Capital: Ratchasima | Currency: Baht | Population: 65 Million | King: Boromakot | Religion: Buddhism.
"Nation, Religion, King."

Acrea
Attaché

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acrea » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Kel Assuk, yes.

Alizeria, I wish I could hug you.

Ratch, to be decided because I'm talking to you right now on IRC.

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:13 am

I have no objections to the applicants here. It's great to see you again, Ali!
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

Arkoenn
Lobbyist

Founded: May 26, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Arkoenn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 am

No objection to either one (although I think I already stated as much for Alizeria). Good stuff, Ratch.
Last edited by Arkoenn on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Uluujol Khaganate

Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community
Played by The Fanboyists/Allamunnic States

"Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough." ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shalum » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:18 am

Everything above gets my approval!~
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

Azura and Montemayor
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Azura and Montemayor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:36 am

No objection to Ratchasima.

Quen Minh
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Quen Minh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:48 am

I have no objections at this moment, and I can't wait to work with Ratchasima on history stuffs.
Last edited by Quen Minh on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tis' best that you call my nation Quenmin.

"It is a useless life that is not consecrated to a great ideal” - Jose Rizal

“You call me a legendary general, but I think I’m no different from my soldiers" - Võ Nguyên Giáp

"Learning never exhausts the mind" - Leonardo da Vinci

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Gylias
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:47 pm

No objection to Ratchasima.

Acrea
Attaché

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acrea » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Yes for Ratch

Megelan
Attaché

Founded: Oct 07, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Megelan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:58 am

Why are you leaving your region, Alizeria? Not that I'd object to such a move. :p As far as I know, you were in New Edom's region not long ago...?
Last edited by Megelan on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Segland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Segland » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:51 pm

Application
Official Name of Nation: The Seglandic Republic
Type of Government: Fascist one-party parliamentary republic
Head of Government: Chancellor Alexei Haussmann (he is also ex officio General Secretary of the Demarchist Party)
Head of State: Secretariat Premier Arend Messne
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): 153,291,583 (2015 Census)
Type of Economy: Mixed. Segland has a powerful industrial base that has been supplying both domestic and foreign markets with manufactured goods since the country rapidly industrialized in the late 1800s. Following a recession and reforms in the 1980s and 90s, the service industry has gained a more prominent role in Segland. A prime ambition of economic officials is to make Segland a global capital for technological innovation.
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.): Segland is pervaded by a deeply conservative culture, rooted in millennia of tradition and ritual. Open sexual deviancy is frowned upon, but male homosexuals are given an outlet in the military. Racist attitudes prevail among Seglanders, especially older generations, yet foreigners often fail to pick up on this due to the extreme Seglandic politeness.
My conception of Seglandic culture has appropriated elements from German and Slavic traditions. Think of it this way: the language is a mix of German and Russian, the ideology and government are akin to German Fascism, and ethnically the people are extremely homogeneous.
The government is a single-party state. The ruling organization is called the Demarchist Party, which promotes a nationalistic, quasi-apocalyptic view of the world that is dangerous by virtue of its subtlety. Some key historical facts affecting the national psyche are the long-lasting Seglandic Empire, and the collapse thereof, which induced a 40-year civil war in the early 20th century. It makes sense that the Demarchists rose to power after this devastating war.
Preferred Climate: Speaking in negatives, I can only say I don't want a jungle or desert climate.
Roleplaying Example or Links (Please provide at least three individual posts or at least three paragraphs):
Introduction to a war between Segland and Poldania
Another war RP, this time during the Karasian conflict
For variety, here's a news article about a terrorist attack in the capital
Last edited by Segland on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Seglandic Republic | Segelcynn Gemænewela | 色各兰共和国
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere." - Seamus Heaney

Gylias
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:09 am

No objections from me.

Talk about an unusual definition of variety. :P

Arkoenn
Lobbyist

Founded: May 26, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Arkoenn » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:16 pm

Looks interesting. No objection here.
The Uluujol Khaganate

Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community
Played by The Fanboyists/Allamunnic States

"Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough." ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shalum » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:46 pm

Segland would introduce some elements to Tyran that we don't really see right now; the app gets my approval.
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

Alizeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Alizeria » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:39 am

Definitely yes to Segland - he is one of my favourite people to roleplay with. We go back years.
IIwiki | Hansard | Foreign Affairs | Q&A
Late Roman Empire wrote:Draconians often joke that they double-inspect imports of Alizerian lamb for signs of coupling.

New Edom wrote:Did you hear about that Alizerian who said he’d eat some sheep’s balls on a bet? He won the bet, but damn did that sheep kick him.

Hittanryan wrote:What do you call a guy with his hand up a sheep's ass? An Alizerian mechanic.

Schottia wrote:While Belisaria is burning Schottia is watching football and Alizeria is teaching sheep to drive.

Shalum wrote:Alizeria, the one place where it's acceptable to be a lady by day, and a freak in the hay.

Azura and Montemayor
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Azura and Montemayor » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:33 am

No objections.

Quen Minh
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Tyran Regional Application Thread

Postby Quen Minh » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Very interesting, indeed. Segland has my approval.
Tis' best that you call my nation Quenmin.

"It is a useless life that is not consecrated to a great ideal” - Jose Rizal

“You call me a legendary general, but I think I’m no different from my soldiers" - Võ Nguyên Giáp

"Learning never exhausts the mind" - Leonardo da Vinci

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - J.R.R. Tolkien

Syara
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Syara » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:30 pm

I have no objections.
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Great Lucis and Aomori
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Lucis and Aomori » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Application
Official Name of Nation: The United Kingdom of Great Lucis and Aomori
Type of Government: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Head of Government: The Right Hon. Prime Minister Ignis Adagnitio Peritia
Head of State: His Majesty, King Noctis Regius Caelum
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): 64,511,000
Type of Economy: Free Market

Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.): The United Kingdom of Great Lucis and Aomori consisted mainly of the Lucis Isles and is majority ruled by a Latin royalty for its history. The Union of the two states, Lucis (consisting of Lucis and Accordo) and Aomori solidified after the King of Aomori, Miyamoto VI of Aomori succeeded the Lucis throne through his relations with the childless Queen of Lucis, Annette; Both of which were related to Henricus VII of Lucis, a granduncle of Miyamoto VI and grandfather of Annette I. Since then, The line of succession passed to the German house called "Dettingen" where Regis Lucis Caelum CX succeeded Willus III after his death in 1703.

The 18th Century ignited the advancement of the nation to modernization. Expeditions sent to the south allowed the discovery of Australis and Akitokiba. In 1801, The Union Act finally renamed Great Lucis to the United Kingdom of Great Lucis and Aomori. Discrimination against the Aomorinese were high before the union until the Aomorinese Emancipation of 1821 was passed, granting them equal rights.

The 19th Century marked a period of industrialization in the UK. During this time, The Royal Navy was considered as one of the most modern navies in the world. It's influence expanded to its territories during these times. But in the 20th Century, The influence started to wane. It had to give independence to its territories in order to save the economy after a war that nearly crippled the treasury. Some were retained as Commonwealth Realms. Today, only Austrakiba remains as the only realm under the UK.

Today, The UK remains a center of trade and tourism.

Preferred Climate: Mix of Humid Continental and Subpolar Oceanic
Roleplaying Example or Links (Please provide at least three individual posts or at least three paragraphs):

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Last edited by Great Lucis and Aomori on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Offical British Counterpart in Tyran
*Also known as Darzana or Natsuru
My Commonwealth Realm: Austrakiba
Original account: Great Lucis and Accordo
http://orig11.deviantart.net/30fe/f/2015/193/0/7/tabitha_walzting_matilda_by_nanashishizuku22-d90yu63.jpg
Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda
You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Austrakiba
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Austrakiba » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Application
Official Name of Nation: The Commonwealth of Austrakiba
Type of Government: Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Head of Government: Tomoya Hayakawa
Head of State: His Highness, King Noctis Regius Caelum
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): 23,843,500
Type of Economy: Mixed
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.): The Commonwealth of Austrakiba consists mainly of the Austrakiban mainland and the two islands of Agakiba to the south-east. It was first discovered in 1783 by Lucian explorers and was mapped along with Agakiba, which was then called as New Aomori. In 1788, The First Fleets of ships were sent to Austrakiba to establish a penal colony. This was called as New South Carden. Ever since, January 27 Austrakiba Day, however the Lucis Crown Colony of New South Cardon was not formally promulgated until February 14, 1788. The first settlement led to the foundation of Freya and other establishments. Agakiba gained autonomy but was eventually merged with Australis to form Austrakiba. On January 1,1901; The states federated. The states included Western Australis, South Australis, New Aomori, Kingsland, Northern Territory, Elizabeth, New South Cardon and Agakiba.

Agakiba's culture was somehow similar with the Aomori in the UK but some differentiated in terms of the language and the way of life. Agakiba wasn't as modern as the other states but lived up to its Agakibanese culture. Today, Austrakiba forms a large trading hub and continuously promotes tourism, especially the preservation of the Great Cordon Reef and farther to the east, the Great Agakiba Reef. Freya attracts many visitors because of its famed Opera House that stood beside it was the Freya Cove Bridge, which has been the image of Austrakiba.

Today, Austrakiba remains as the only Commonwealth realm under the UK.

Preferred Climate: Tropical, part desert. Subtropical Oceanic further South and East and in Humid continental in Agakiba
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Last edited by Austrakiba on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Official Australian Counterpart in Tyran
A Commonwealth of: Great Lucis and Aomori
If I could stop the moon ever rising
Day would not become night
Wouldn't feel this cold inside
And we'd never say goodbye

I wish that our dreams were frozen
Then our hearts would not be broken
When we let each other go

Gylias
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 am

Great Lucis and Aomori wrote:-snip-

Austrakiba wrote:-snip-

Applications look solid to me.

Hey Lucis, Quen told us you were about to apply, haha. I gather that Lucis and Aomori are sort of a fusion of the UK (minus Brexit) and Japan, and Austrakiba is Australia with more Japanese influence. We already have two Japanese-themed nations in Tyran (Kirisaki - practically our Japan - and Akashi - puppet of mine), so that should reflect a greater Kirisakian influence within the region. We also have a New Zealand-themed nation, West Aotearoa, so you can probably have some fun with those relations too. :)

From your description of Lucis' economy as "free market" and Austrakiba's as "mixed", I'm guessing that Lucis also underwent Thatcherism. Am I correct in presuming Lucis and Austrakiba's histories largely parallel those of RL UK and Australia?

I see you have quite a few soldier characters and war-themed worldbuilding. We're working on the First and Second Great Wars ourselves - Tyran's equivalent of WW1 and WW2. Yours should be a good addition to that.

I've noticed you have a lot of anime characters, haha, so I should warn you in advance that myself and Cacerta also use quite a bit of those. (Quen too, but I think you already knew that!) If your app is accepted, we'd probably have to take a bit to make sure none of us have any overlapping character claims.

And final question, is The Tatsumi and Shiori Cooking Show That Is Totally Not Filled With Sexual Content part of the package deal with your entrance? :p

Great Lucis and Aomori
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Lucis and Aomori » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:22 am

Gylias wrote:
Great Lucis and Aomori wrote:-snip-

Austrakiba wrote:-snip-

Applications look solid to me.

Hey Lucis, Quen told us you were about to apply, haha. I gather that Lucis and Aomori are sort of a fusion of the UK (minus Brexit) and Japan, and Austrakiba is Australia with more Japanese influence. We already have two Japanese-themed nations in Tyran (Kirisaki - practically our Japan - and Akashi - puppet of mine), so that should reflect a greater Kirisakian influence within the region. We also have a New Zealand-themed nation, West Aotearoa, so you can probably have some fun with those relations too. :)

From your description of Lucis' economy as "free market" and Austrakiba's as "mixed", I'm guessing that Lucis also underwent Thatcherism. Am I correct in presuming Lucis and Austrakiba's histories largely parallel those of RL UK and Australia?

I see you have quite a few soldier characters and war-themed worldbuilding. We're working on the First and Second Great Wars ourselves - Tyran's equivalent of WW1 and WW2. Yours should be a good addition to that.

I've noticed you have a lot of anime characters, haha, so I should warn you in advance that myself and Cacerta also use quite a bit of those. (Quen too, but I think you already knew that!) If your app is accepted, we'd probably have to take a bit to make sure none of us have any overlapping character claims.

And final question, is The Tatsumi and Shiori Cooking Show That Is Totally Not Filled With Sexual Content part of the package deal with your entrance? :p

Yup :) all are yes... Austrakiba is basically a fusion of Australia and New Zealand with New Zealand being more Japanese oriented than Maori
Last edited by Great Lucis and Aomori on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Offical British Counterpart in Tyran
*Also known as Darzana or Natsuru
My Commonwealth Realm: Austrakiba
Original account: Great Lucis and Accordo
http://orig11.deviantart.net/30fe/f/2015/193/0/7/tabitha_walzting_matilda_by_nanashishizuku22-d90yu63.jpg
Waltzing Matilda, waltzing Matilda
You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me
And he sang as he watched and waited till his billy boiled:
"You'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me."

Gylias
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:26 am

Great Lucis and Aomori wrote:Yup :) all are yes... Austrakiba is basically a fusion of Australia and New Zealand with New Zealand being more Japanese oriented than Maori

Coincidentally, Akashi is a fusion of New Zealand and Canada, with a Kirisakian majority, and English and Maori minorities. I suppose that at least would lead to some decent relations between the two based on cultural similarities.

And, if it's one thing Tyran needed, it's a cooking show that's totally not filled with sexual content. :D

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information