NATION

PASSWORD

Etharia Regional News [Etharia only]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Drevazyk
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Drevazyk » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:02 pm

Drevazyk News

News for you

Citizens of Drevazyk, as you know our once great nation of Treko has fallen into a state of despair. Our people have been splintered apart like a boat in a storm. Warlords claim plots of land and believe themselves to be the legitimate successor states to Treko. They are wrong. The only state that is legitimate is the Trekkish State! Drevazyk has one goal and it’s an honest goal that all peoples within Treko should rally behind. That goal is to reunite Treko and bring it back to its former glory. However, I will not lie to you. The old Treko was flawed, our politicians were corrupt, our military ate the majority of our budget, and are people forced into conscription. No, I will not glorify the old Treko. I wish to strive for a better Treko… A Greater Treko. That being said, all will be for nothing if we sit idle. I for one will not sit idle. At this moment reforms and laws have been signed by me. By midnight tonight, these reforms and laws will go through and will be acted upon. I will not lie to you. Some of these reforms and laws will not be liked by some but they are required. The interior workings of Drevazyk is not well. Bandits run amok in our territory behaving like they answer to no one. They are sorely mistaken. They will comply or they will die. Secondly, our nation will not and shall not recognize this state known as “Zkoda.” They are a tumor that will be excised. Like days of old, the Cossacks of the steppe will run their country to ruin. Thirdly, I support those who have different ideas and opinions than me. Nonetheless, those who support this growth of a tumor will be removed from Drevazyk. Our mission is to unite Treko not throw it back into the void further. So if you support Zkoda you may join them in exile. Fourthly, those who support Zkoda via money, guns, and espionage will be put to death. Treason is for cockroaches who only deserve the boot of justice. The fifth and final law, any and all ethnic Zkodans living in Drevazyk will be forcibly removed.

- Signed, General Sofia Polivanov

1. Removal of any and all bandits in Drevazyk

2. The illegitimate state of Zkoda will not be recognized

3. Those who support Zkoda will be forcibly removed from Drevazyk.

4. Supporting the illegitimate state of Zkoda with arms, money, and/or espionage will result in immediate execution

5. All ethnic Zkodans living in Drevazyk will be forcibly removed

Zkoda
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Speech by Second in Command Arnym Kregory

Postby Zkoda » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:13 am

My fellow independence fighters !
For too long we lived under Treko’s heel, under their corrupt and oppressive rule ! And now as we had finally stood at the cusp of victory they have returned with their iron heels to crush our young movement but fear not ! For we are united, all remaining Zkodian nations; Zweldwald, Zuldova and Zarkovia, we all have put together our forces and tightened our belts ! We shall crush the tyrants with all means possible ! Their cancerous state will be wiped off the face of Earth ! We will protect our newly gained independence and national self determination, for just like all other nations we have a God given right to self determination !
We will free Zhuelke, we will free Ost-Zweldwald and we will end the old tyrant that has returned with a new face ! They might speak of reform and improvement but they are the Trekkish we all know and hate ! They are the Trekkish who have slaughtered our royals, who have oppressed us for last few ages, the Trekkish who crashed their economy in search for World Domination !
We will never be crushed under their heel ! We will stand in defiance and work double as hard to keep ourselves safe from our only enemy upon the world ! Once the Trekkish are defeated the steps to prosperous Federation will be free ! We will finally have national self determination in peace and prosperity, for no longer will people fear being dragged into the army, no longer will they fear the Trekkish oppressing their freedom and certainly will never fear the Trekkish boot again !
We fight because we must fight while they fight to restore a State which only thing it is really capable of is to oppress it’s peoples and bleed them dry ! We shall never surrender, we shall fight on, and on, and on ! Until we have our security and peace !

Therefore we ask our fellow Catholic Nation, Kanadorikan Empire, to aid us in our struggle and give us the necessary push to win the struggle we were forced to fight through !
And now I call upon the rest of Earth to help us in our struggle for justice and self determination !

Thank you all for the attention and time you have soared to hear to our distant struggle

-Field Marshal and Second in Command of the War of Independence, Arnym Kregory
Last edited by Zkoda on Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Drevazyk
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Drevazyk » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:42 pm

Drevazyk News

News for you

Public work projects begin

Construction workers on duty

BREAKING- The collapse of Treko engulfed the former districts into a state of turmoil which many thought would never end. However, with the rising of warlords brought about a sense of stability that many had not seen for a while. Yet it was nothing compared to the stability before the collapse. Though our leader, General Sofia Polivanov, wants to strive to achieve that pre-collapse stability. After imposing the 5 laws only a short while ago she is now enacting another bill. This bill will be implementing public works projects throughout the nation. General Sofia Polivanov wishes to fix damaged infrastructure and build upon the infrastructure that was damaged during the collapse and infighting between warlords. The public works project would give unemployed citizens jobs. With their newfound jobs, Drevazyk citizens would, in turn, put money back into the economy. To make this work General Sofia Polivanov has issued a decree that taxes will be lowered to accommodate this public works project bill. As much as we would like to see results immediately the General would like to remind us that things like this require time. Though the General urges all of you to find jobs to help this effort. She also urges some to enlist into the military to help combat the bandits and make the interior of Drevazyk safer for all. So far bandit activity has been reduced by 10% but with your help, we can increase that number.

Мы боремся за то, что потеряли!

Drevazyk-Ral Deal

I, General Sofia Polivanov, would like to extend a hand of friendship to our Ral neighbors in the east. The collapse has brought about different factions in the former Trekkish state. All of them are at each other's throats vying for top contender. However, we can be the light in the dark that shows these warlords that peace can be achieved. We can be better than the rest. Where one suggest war, we suggest peace. In this extension of friendship, I am offering a Non-Aggression Pact between our two nations. On top of that, I will also offer a trade agreement. Please consider the offer I am proposing.

-Signed, General Sofia Polivanov

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Construction of the Michise Train

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Jie Xin, 29, Construction worker in for Michu Engineering, Michu Engineering a public company tasked with maintaining the new train line and public buildings.

The train-line under construction

[blocktext]ᠰᠣᠯᡩᡝᡳᡵ, ᠠᠮᠪᠠᠨ ᠯᠣᠴᡠ[/u]

It was announced recently that the Imperial government would be collaborating with the Kanadorikan government, as well as the "Empire of Ral", and whatever Trekkish state emerges from the hellfire that the area is right now. The Kanadorikans already have experience with electronic propulsion railways, so all that is needed is for the respective governments to construct and maintain the line. Imperial economists and engineers have predicted that the rail will increase efficiency dramatically, surpassing pre-revolution rates. I wondered if the new Michise state could ever be as corrupt as the late Zhipeikun Era, with it's lords and governor's excesses distracting them from rising radicalism in the civil service and industrial leaders. The Imperial Rail Service, (DTF in Michise) was infested with republicans, who rose to the top with the goal of paralysing the Imperial government, starving it of the men they could have used to stem the revolutionary tide. When we returned, the DTF was renationalised, and placed under command of Lord Locu, Train Minister, he now oversees the construction of the GEMEX train line, between Kanadorikan Geitland and Michu. Locu, who became affectionately known in the English speaking world as "Lord Locomotive" for his passionate maintenance of the Imperial infrastructure. The opportunity was taken by Locu, to drastically expand upon the original designs of the project, and has ordered that the train line connect all Michu. The line has been given the name "Daicing jugun" by the Lord. Apparently it means "Golden Road" in the Soldeir language. The language is incredibly difficult to learn, and harder to pronounce, I don't expect that it will catch on with the people of Michu. It will make it much easier to see the other provinces, sample their food, and provide a good cover for the Imperial government's less altruistic exploits. Days look good for Michu, but bad for me. This stuff is really, really heavy.
The Celestial Empire of Michu. Qing China with simplified characters, Manchu and a British Westminster system.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁
Empress live for 10,000 years!

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:08 pm

Dominatus Leviathan wrote:
Jie Xin, 29, Construction worker in for Michu Engineering, Michu Engineering a public company tasked with maintaining the new train line and public buildings.

(Image)
The train-line under construction

ᠰᠣᠯᡩᡝᡳᡵ, ᠠᠮᠪᠠᠨ ᠯᠣᠴᡠ

It was announced recently that the Imperial government would be collaborating with the Kanadorikan government, as well as the "Empire of Ral", and whatever Trekkish state emerges from the hellfire that the area is right now. The Kanadorikans already have experience with electronic propulsion railways, so all that is needed is for the respective governments to construct and maintain the line. Imperial economists and engineers have predicted that the rail will increase efficiency dramatically, surpassing pre-revolution rates. I wondered if the new Michise state could ever be as corrupt as the late Zhipeikun Era, with it's lords and governor's excesses distracting them from rising radicalism in the civil service and industrial leaders. The Imperial Rail Service, (DTF in Michise) was infested with republicans, who rose to the top with the goal of paralysing the Imperial government, starving it of the men they could have used to stem the revolutionary tide. When we returned, the DTF was renationalised, and placed under command of Lord Locu, Train Minister, he now oversees the construction of the GEMEX train line, between Kanadorikan Geitland and Michu. Locu, who became affectionately known in the English speaking world as "Lord Locomotive" for his passionate maintenance of the Imperial infrastructure. The opportunity was taken by Locu, to drastically expand upon the original designs of the project, and has ordered that the train line connect all Michu. The line has been given the name "Daicing jugun" by the Lord. Apparently it means "Golden Road" in the Soldeir language. The language is incredibly difficult to learn, and harder to pronounce, I don't expect that it will catch on with the people of Michu. It will make it much easier to see the other provinces, sample their food, and provide a good cover for the Imperial government's less altruistic exploits. Days look good for Michu, but bad for me. This stuff is really, really heavy.
Last edited by Dominatus Leviathan on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Celestial Empire of Michu. Qing China with simplified characters, Manchu and a British Westminster system.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁

Altane
Diplomat

Founded: May 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altane » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:25 am

Only AUNN - Altanian Udileon News Network

In today's edition of the Altanian "Money Matters" program, guest analyst Dr Erran Gerstil declared that new economic data shows that we've reached a new all-time low for consumer confidence in the Kuritan Empire. Dr Gerstil highlighted that this is immediately following after another government bailout has been approved to keep the lagging OMNER Power Company from going under after a series of rolling blackouts revealed the difficult straits the company was in. The blackouts had been caused by a strike of their workforce over delayed wage payments that occurred. Inquiries from employees were met with a lack of explanation resulting in the action that took place two days ago. This sudden crisis was a rude shock to the Imperial public due to the company's hesitance and evasiveness about the true state it was in, leading many investors and stockholders confused and others accusing the company management of lying to them. OMNER CEO Amdan go Fedorier released a statement this morning announcing that would be "taking responsibility for the recent downturn of the company and will make his account to the stockholders by tendering his resignation in his upcoming address to them". It is highly expected that the next meeting of OMNER stockholders will be contentious as some argue this is not the best time for a sudden change in management. It is more likely that Fedorier will be replaced by a transition of management to allow for his fellow Executive Nertuuna Sirionopa to step into the role.

On top of a rising rate of unemployment and part-time over full-time jobs has left many despondent and critical. Social Welfare service I.G. (Formally the Office of Imperial Grace) has reportedly been overwhelmed by the increasing need for welfare by Altanian subjects and has in fact requested an increase and staff and the opening of further temporary facilities to help cope with the demand to which Gerstil commended the idea as necessary.

Economist Vion Isadaliot challenged Dr Gerstil during the panel arguing that such expenses will 1, encourage further applications for support on a burdened economy, 2 the focus of the Court Council should remain in its stimulus packages to stimulate public confidence and rely on free enterprise to take over possibly going as far as tax breaks. Dr Gerstil corrected Isadaliot that he wasn't recommending "Social welfare as the answer but as a necessary treatment of a problem" but did challenge the idea that tax cuts would result in a better economy. He asserted it would instead stand to add onto a number of budget burdens and increase the chance of drowning the Imperial Throne in debt which would deepen economic problems into a political crisis.

Growing public discussion on the subject has resulted in some polls reading as high as 73% recommending less regulation and incentives for small businesses while other polls suggest a majority feel that political assurance from the Imperial Throne would calm public fears and restore order to the economy. One public comment read "Too much of the economy has been dependent on the successes of the Aristocracy. Many Capitalists have succeeded but have suffered badly from the crisis and need support to compete for consumer investment". Others put the blame squarely on the anxiety of the public and argued that "the Kuritan Emperor is our source of stability, our everyday we have the Practice of Fidelity in our rituals but it needs to be more than a ritual, it needs to show in our actions too. We cannot hold onto our savings and say the Court Council has failed His Exaltation. The economy needs consumers no matter how many Aristocrats, Capitalists or Court members there are. Let us hear from the Kuritan Emperor!".

Host Faniel Glaves pointed out a smaller demographic in the country have consistently pointed to the need for opening our market to larger foreign trade. This has been severely criticized by pundits though as incredibly risky and not in the interests of the Throne. But it was noted that Minister for Foreign Affairs, Lord Worun Eshajen has been voicing similar views many times to the dismissal of most. Even His Grace, The Tetarch Hule a senior Aristocratic figure in favour of foreign partnerships has called the possibility "unlikely due to clear public feeling and by that very point would defeat the purpose of foreign interaction to my despair".
Last edited by Altane on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Broadcasting across the Greater Hallursvik metro area

IMPERIAL NAVY ENGAGES ZKODIAN PIRATES

HKS Asteria, A guided missile destroyer, engaged with and sank a Zkodian pirate vessel this morning.
BOTTOM: A Kanadorikan destroyer firing the new Sjórleysir laser weapon of the same type used by the HKS Asteria.

July 19, 2019. Written by Markús Konráðsson | MarkusKonrasson@brautarfyettir.com | 1:30 pm

Violence broke out this morning off the coasts of the unrecognized territory of Zkoda after Zkodian pirates mistook a Kanadorikan naval vessel for a merchant ship, and rushed the warship with the intent to forcefully board. HKS Asteria, a guided missile destroyer opened fire on the Zkodian Pirate force, which consisted of several lightly armed motor boats and a trawler armed with what was reported to be a "rocket propelled weapon." The Asteria fired her new Sjórleysir laser weapon at the small boats, with the 5"/54 caliber deck gun used on the larger sized trawler.

No figures have been released yet by the Ministry of the Navy concerning a death toll, but a press conference revealed that "some of the pirates survived and are now in Kanadorikan custody." The North Medietas Ocean has been a hotbed of illegal activity following the collapse of the Trekkish government, with some successor states tolerating or even openly supporting piracy on the seas as a source of income. The Imperial Navy as well as the Revenue Marine Service have both issued warnings that pirate attacks on any "flagged vessels", not just Kanadorikan, would be met with swift consequences.

The post-Trekkish lawlessness has also spread to the continent, where reports of raiders and bandits are multiplying following their attacks on travelers. The Ministry of Border Security had suspended free travel between Geitland and the former treko immediately following the state's collapse, and now routinely patrols the border region.

Copyright 2019 Hallursvik News
All Rights Reserved
Last edited by Kanadorika on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Serving Brautarholmur Since 1843

REYKJADALR TERRITORY INCORPORATED INTO HVIDOVIA

Top:Map of Reykjadalr in red, Hvidovia in blue.
Bottom: Ingjaldssandr, the largest city on the islands.

2019 August 24. Written by Markús Konráðsson | MarkusKonrasson@brautarfyettir.com | 16:02

The islands of Reykjadalr, located several hundred miles to the west of Eyjan, have been formerly incorporated into the nation of Hvidovia today, becoming the canton of Reykjadalr. The islands, which have been considered federal territories for years, were formerly directly administered by the federal government itself. With incorporation and cantonhood, the islands will become more independent in their internal affairs and allow for greater local administration.

For years, extending into the Republican era, the island's residents turned down the prospects of cantonhood, preferring paying only federal and territorial taxes to federal, national, and cantonal taxes. With a growing population and increasingly complex economy in recent years, the Imperial Parliament authorized a referendum to the residents of Reykjadalr. 72% voted in favor of incorporation with the nation of Hvidovia, whose culture Reykjaldalrians descend from. 13% of the population voted against incorporation, while 15% of ballots were left blank or unmarked.

The islands' population of only 324,140 people makes the canton the second least populated in Hvidovia, after the far north canton of Seðissandur. Former Territorial Premier Stígur Grímsson was selected by the Hvidovian Parliament to serve as the canton's first Governor, helping to establish a new cantonal parliament for the islands.

Copyright 2019 Brautarholmur News
All Rights Reserved
Last edited by Kanadorika on Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:16 am

OFFICIAL STATE MEDIA OF THE PEOPLES PARTY

SURPREME MAGISTRATE HONORS PROLETARIAT FOR KANADORIKAN WORKERS' DAY

Supreme Magistrate Markús Sigurbjörnsson gives a speach in Þorláksvík.

2019 May 1 | 16:02

Millions of citizens across Kanadorika are celebrating Worker's Day today, with spectacles and parades occurring throughout all seven of the Empire's nations. The official state holiday honors Kanadorikan workers and the proletariat, who are seen as the backbone of the Empire. The Peoples Party reaffirmed its dedication to the proletariat, praising the syndicalization of the federal economy, as well as the Senate's role in Parliament as the House for the syndicates.

His Excellency, the Supreme Magistrate Markús Sigurbjörnsson gave a similar speech in front of thousands of citizens in Þorláksvík:
We must never forget the honorable labours of those who hold this great state together. No job is insignificant or unworthy. Every man and woman, from doctors and engineers to factory workers and farmers can hold equal pride in their selfless dedication to their line of duty and the communities around them. We must also remember the toils of the working class in our capitalistic neighbors, and pray that the ideals of Kanadorikan Fascism reach and liberate them."

The largest parade took place in Brautarhólmur, where the May 1st Workers Parade was broadcasted globally, and featured participation from every major Kanadorikan syndicate as well as the Imperial Military, with troops and armored vehicles forming processions down the streets.

COPYRIGHT OF THE IMPERIAL GOVERNMENT
All Rights Reserved

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Image]

MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDERED FOR RAASEPUA

COUNTIES AFFECTED BY FIRES

THE HIGH MINISTRY OF INTERNAL MANAGEMENT HAS ISSUED A MANDATORY EVACUATION FOR THE TOWN OF RAASEPUA. WILDFIRES ARE APPROACHING THE TOWN!

YOU CANNOT OUTRUN WILDFIRES. YOU CANNOT DEFEND YOUR HOME AGAINST WILDFIRES! TO SURVIVE YOU MUST GET OUT!

STAY SAFE! STAY CALM! STAY INFORMED!
Last edited by Kanadorika on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Serving Brautarholmur Since 1843

FEDERAL HIGHWAY 5 CONNECTOR OPENED TO PUBLIC

Top:The F5 Connector runs underneath Kónkordia and is marked red on the map.
Bottom:F5 Highway shield Halfjord Metropolitan variant(left), Rural variant(right)

2019 September 11. Written by Markús Konráðsson | MarkusKonrasson@brautarfyettir.com | 21:47

After 9 years of construction and ᚠ10 billion in construction costs, the F5 Connector has finally opened to the public today, with Brautarhólmur mayor Matthías Margeirsson driving his Ivala S990 sedan through as the tunnel's first vehicle. Running under the borough of Kónkordia, one of the most densely populated districts in the world, the 15 mile tunnel connects the north and south sections of Federal Highway 5 after decades of separation. Prior to the connector, traffic from both sections of the highway were forced to take side streets to continue back to the highway, or had to avoid Kónkordia all together and add extra miles by driving around the borough.

Federal Highway 5 is one of the busiest in all of Kanadorika, connecting the imperial capital of Þorláksvík with the Tri-City Metropolitan area and the city of Brautarhólmur, before continuing north on María Helga Island and back to mainland Eyjan, where it runs for over 600 miles, terminating in the canton of Hudikshárad. Included in the connector was an extension of Halfjord Cantonal Highway 15 underground, where it intersects with F5 under Midtown Kónkordia.

With the completion of the F5 connector, heavy thru highway traffic formerly spilling into the surface streets would be diverted below, taking some vehicles off the busy surface streets.

F5 thru traffic pouring into Kónkordia prior to the completion of the connector tunnel.

Copyright 2019 Brautarholmur News
All Rights Reserved

Radhkivka
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Radhkivka » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Radhkivkan National News

The Empress... engaged!??

Earlier today in a press conference, Empress Ria Muteki and exiled Trekkish Prince Yrjö-ari von Trurik have announced their engagement. This is the first time in Radhkivkan history that the throne has been involved in a relationship with a foreign partner. This was not unexpected however; as the exiled prince and the Empress had been seen many times together outside of diplomatic meetings. The Empress had even allowed the exiled prince to move into one of the rooms in the Imperial Palace. The royal family has been very supportive of the newly engaged couple, and seem to have no issues with a foreigner becoming related to the throne.

"Big brother Yrjö is a great person, and will make a wonderful addition to our family. Sister Ria is teaching him well in the manners and customs of the Radhkivkan culture. Airi and I are both excited to have him as part of our family, and Ria has never been happier. We hope that the citizens of Radhkivka will help us welcome big brother Yrjö into our family, not just the Muteki family but the entire Radhkivkan family." Princess Hanako was entused to talk about the newly engaged couple praising Yrjö and his willingness to convert from Trekkish ideology to Radhkivkan ideology. Princess Airi also commented on the matter, stating that she is excited to have a man in the palace to keep Ria under control, but in all serious is so happy he is going to be a part of family.

This comes after a long absence of notice from the imperial family, with the exiled prince's homeland in peril, one could only assume they're talking about how Radhkivka will get involved, if Radhkivka even gets involved.

Khaw Si Khaw
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khaw Si Khaw » Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:20 am

September 27 2019/970

The People’s News flashes across the screen in bold text (A info wars sorta show)

A Young Man who appears to be around nineteen years of age is sitting at a desk with a microphone on the aforementioned desk.

“Thank you for turning into the People’s News, your only reliable Non Government News Source. Hello I am Phyra Koiln filling in for your usual host Rikach Fuelnam, Rikach is feeling a bit under the weather at the moment so I apologize for this.” The Young News Host seems a bit nervous as he tugs lightly at the collar of his shirt “In recent news the recent the Ministry of Defence has reallocated Two Billions Dollars to go towards building a new Airbase in the Northern Mountain Range according to a leaked document that dates back to two years ago, the Ministry of Defense has refused to comment on this development. Speaking of the Ministry of Defense there has been interesting movement of both men and military equipment from Heijiang Airbase Island, for those who don’t know the Ministry of Defense leased the island from the Zhi Dynasty (now known as Michu) back in 1949 so that they can make a refueling station for their Aircraft, this is the official story though there has been much speculation on if there is a secret purpose to the base. Theories range from a detention center for political prisoners to a testing facility for the government’s secretive drone program. Anyways, now the lease’s deadline is coming up, to be exact the lease ends on the Twentieth of December so the Department of Defense is moving everything out. The Ministry of Defense started to move Air Assets out of the base during Autumn last year, this included two dozen Type 53 Omnirole Fighters and Half a Dozen Type 23 Heavy Transports. According to our Anonymous Sources in Michu approximately Five Hundred Soldiers, Thirty Five IFVs, approximately Fifty Trucks, and Fifteen Tanks that are the trademark of the Airborne Forces. Now these soldiers have been spotted wearing Territorial Uniforms, this has caused great speculation about what Unit these men apart of since Territorials have never been deployed overseas and as far as we know Airborne Troops are the only ones that can be stationed at Airbases for security (besides the Air Force’s own Security Forces but their uniforms resemble Armed Civilian Police). These men have also been seen with Type 11 Intermediate Rifles and it’s variants instead of the Standard Territorial Ambi Rifles, this only raises more questions about the true identity of these soldiers. When asked the Ministry of Defense once again refused to comment, when our investigative journalists were able to find Air Marshall Typkoon’s Personal Phone Number The Air Marshall stated that the Ministry of Defense reserves the right to maintain secrets for the sake of national security. Now this is extremely suspicious and we demand the truth, the people deserve the truth!”

A Intern would run up on screen and whisper something into the host’s ear before running off.

“Breaking News coming in! The Head of State Prince Ratsami Chaisurivirat has just suffered from
a stroke and is currently in transit to the Chaiama Royal Hospital via Helicopter. For those who don’t know the Middle Aged Prince has been suffering strokes ever since the death of his sister, the late Princess Chinatana. The Twin Royal Heirs to the throne, Prinve Heir Vhansiri and Princess Heir Chansiri, are currently off studying in the Serene Caliphate so this is quite the important development. Now for those still with us the growing faction of reformists (people who want to make Khaw Si Khaw a constitutional monarchy) might use this as a way to press their demands.” The streams starts to lag heavily before the connection is lost.

Ruotsaland
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 29, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Grönapartiet plants 500,000 trees across Ruotsaland!

Postby Ruotsaland » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:03 pm

The Republic of Ruotsaland has become much greener officially today, as the Leader of Grönapartiet, Erika Olson, brings the soil around the base of a tree she just lowered into the ground while wearing her typical grey suit she's usually seen in at the Riksdag. This is the 500,000th tree Olson's party, alongside concerned citizens for the environment, have planted since the beginning of their publicly-funded initiative passed two years ago in the chambers of the Riksdag. Meant in large part to restore the forests that once blanketed and beautified the country in its natural condition, the initiative hopes to allow for more of the prominent wildlife, such as the Northern Lion and Carl Gustaf's Bear, to make a return from the brink of extinction and become, once more, strong symbols of Ruotsi national and natural cultures.

The bill, known as "The Beautification and National Restoration Act of 2017", was co-written by Grönapartiet and their non-aligned daughter-party, Alternativa, and passed through the Riksdag 122 Aye - 64 Nay - 15 Abstain, remaining oddly one of the most abstained-from bills in recent Ruotsi political history. Among its largest detractors was notably Branschpartiet, whose party leader, Johan Moi-Teollis, quoted as saying when he left the chamber to the microphones of reporters: "Laws like this will singlehandedly annihilate the economy to the detriment of honest people. What are trees worth, when we have artificial wood to beautify whatever we want to 'beautify'?", as he airquoted that last word.

The planting of trees have already been seen to have notably positive effects not just to nature, but to society as a whole, as a poll of citizens in the major cities of Helsingfors and Mariehamn noticed elevated levels of happiness from 5 years ago, with many citizens reporting on 'the life of surroundings in the city' as the reason for their more positive outlook on life. Student movements to ride bicycles to class have noticeably been expanded, as more people become aware of the environmental issues facing Ruotsaland and the world as a whole, and schools have taken measures to install more bike fixtures to the open spaces on their campuses. At Helsingfors University in particular, engineering students are working in line with the city government to develop plans for underground automated bike parking fixtures that will both save space and modernise the city landscape with cool, futuristic-looking complexes such as those.

With the election of 2023 a long way away, actions like this might make the popularity of green politics extend out more than just to the concrete jungles of the cities in enough time for the Riksdag to reflect desires to reduce the environmental damages that modern society causes.

Ochean Tribes
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ochean Tribes » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:45 am

Major Hurricane Triggers National and Humanitarian Crisis in Ochea

The people of Ochea still struggle to put both their lives and their nation back together after the greatest natural disaster in the nation's modern history has shown the world just how unprepared it's long standing Confederated government was to meet the crisis. In the past two months the Confederacy has made full use of it's armed forces to provide relief efforts across all tribes of the Confederation as more developed areas like the capital of Okage still faces power outages in sections of the city with garbage and clean up operations still in progress as repairs continue to fall behind schedule. The situation is even more desperate in more isolated tribal nations as the lack of modern infrastructure seriously hinders efforts to get needed supplies to needed victims. In some cases the only way to get supplies to refugees and victims were by helicopter but they are unable to carry enough to meet the growing demand of food, medicine and clean water. High Chief of Ochea has finally issued a formal plea to the international community for humanitarian aid to supplement native Ochean efforts. The High Chief issued the following statement in a address.

"We have used every power and resource at our disposal to meet this catastrophe by working with all affected Tribal governments and our relief and military services have been working overtime to repair our lands. We have made use of every dollar, every available able bodied man and woman volunteer and every servicemen. Nothing has been held back in our efforts but now it's time to recognize the reality and request that the will and courage of the international community match our own in the greatest humanitarian crisis of the 21st century."

These words were met with widespread protest from Ochea's youth from across the Confederacy. Demanding that a Constitutional Convention be held to replace the 'Outdated and obsolete system for a government designed to face the needs of the modern era'. In a demonstration just outside of the Capitol Building yesterday a young man spoke to a crowd of over four thousand.

"We stand gathered here at the seat of power of government in Ochea, a government which has been dedicated to preserving our individual identities and cultures in an increasingly modern world. And through the centuries it has done so. From our earliest conflicts with the Kurata Empire to the contact with Kanadorika and Treko our lands and peoples have been preserved. But as time marched on it has failed in another duty. Yes, we are a free people with a heritage and culture which has attracted tourism from across the world. But our government has been powerless to address the fact that twelve of Ochea's tribes live in a poverty rate far above the national averages of nations such as Kanadorika, Michu and Isotosha. It has failed to develop our internal infrastructure to make travel quick and efficient in a Confederacy that together is still among the smaller nations of the world. It has failed provide health care to more isolated parts of our Confederacy. It has failed to make our universities competitive as our best and brightest must either be educated in Okage or overseas. And it has failed to rebuild the very nation it governs who have entrusted it with our well being. All of us stand here today as proud Ocheans and thus demand that our government immediately move to address these shortcomings that are long over due, that if they were addressed decades ago we may not be in the dire situation we are now, to call upon a new Constitutional Convention to establish a government that can ensure our continued independence as well as future prosperity!"

Similar demonstrations stretch across Ochea in it's cities as officials scramble to address the day to day problems of relief and prepare a response to a sharply rising demand in the nation's youth. It remains to be seen what will come of this demand for a Constitutional Convention and how Ochea will emerge form this unprecedented crisis.

'Okanta' the largest of the 'Tent Cities' which have sprung up in the wake of Hurricane Olivia's destruction after it made landfall in Ochea two months ago.

Ruotsaland
Civil Servant

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Kjellberg Becomes New Liberala Partiet Leader

Postby Ruotsaland » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:54 pm

Felix Kjellberg, the wildly popular YouTube celebrity and member of the noble Kjellberg family within Ruotsaland, has succeeded to the party leadership of the Liberal Party (Liberala Partiet), taking over from the previous leader, Lars Markusson, upon his retirement.

The soon to be 30 year old Kjellberg, known as PewDiePie within online circles, has been notable globally for his simple style of celebrity status, playing video games with LetsPlay videos, as well as having been well known for a series of controversies which brought to question his true political leans and intentions for the world to see. It was this latter matter which motivated Kjellberg to join Liberala Partiet as a politician up for election in the 2019 elections in 2017, and it was believed during this time that Markusson took a liking to the young Internet celebrity. Due to his junior status as a politician, it is unclear as to the reason why Kjellberg was chosen to lead one of the largest parties in the Republic of Ruotsaland, but many political pundits analysing the Riksdag believe it is in the strategy to reinvigorate the image of the party away from the aging Boomer generation and into modernity, with a new group of liberal-minded men and women coming of age that can now find a home within the Right coalition of the Republic.

The first session of the Riksdag where Kjellberg presides as Leader will take place one day after his birthday, on October 25th.

Isatosha
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Artesian Informitory: Natural Crisis in Ochea

Postby Isatosha » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:21 pm

The Artesian Informitory: Natural Crisis in Ochea
Image: Isatoshian National Humanitarian Corps, Western Regional Command, Squadron Delta, Rescue Team F, deployed to a small Ochean village for advanced search and rescue operations.

Ochea has dealt with catastrophic damages from a recent Level Alpha Sea Storm. As a result, a vote was put on by the National Parliament. The vote was 8(for) to 5(against) to provide aid to the Ochean Confederacy. As a result, elements of the National Humanitarian Corps, National Army Aviation Units, and MP liaisons from the National Army will be deployed.

"These tribals, they have some things in common with us. And they are allies of our nation. It is good to spare resources to our good, but distant neighbor", says Vargas Kivarro, 41, resident of Levai, Zeppilli and a community volunteer.

"Ochea, they're far away from us, and they don't economically help us nearly enough like they should. Parliament shouldn't waste our resources on people who rely completely on foreign industry", says Garth Dvichyov, 49, a family man and a shop owner on the outskirts of Barron, Zeppilli.

While opinions are mixed within the populous, the deployment is still ongoing as personnel are loading into planes and arriving to preform their search and rescue operations.

Tasha K.,
Journalist.

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:01 am

Good afternoon Brautarhólmur! You're listening to 95.7 Radio Braulmur, home of the Tri-City's greatest metal. Before we start off, there's a couple of news bulletins for you all.

Let's start off with the more sordid affairs... The recent hurricane to smash through Ochea has left the country devastated as the decentralized government struggles to maintain order among tens of thousands of displaced residents. The Imperial government has responded with financial aid, and has offered the assistance of Kanadorikan engineers and urban planners to help put the Confederation back up on its feet and rebuild its infrastructure and cities.

On the other side of the world, the Prince of Khaw Si Khaw has died, prompting the Trekkish and Michise governments to invade the small nation for the thirteenth time. I kid on the last part of course, but Supreme Magistrate Sigurbjörnsson has offered his condolences to the Khawsian people.

The Keisar will be visiting the Dominion of Viktoria in Oceania next week. She will meet with locals throughout the Dominion from Pa Nui to Ósfjöll and discuss economic and environmental sustainability for the Commonwealth of Oceania.

In our very own Brautarhólmur, a track fire on the city metro has led to delays on the F Train in Harrö. Of course this is hardly news, as our subway seems to catch fire every day, but the Metropolitan Transit Authority is keeping the situation updated on its app.

A traffic accident on Halfjord Cantonal Highway 7 north of F33 in Vesturströnd has blocked the right lanes northbound lanes, with the MTA advising drivers to find alternate routes.

With all that being said, I have some Archangel Raindrop for you. It's the end of the workday for most of you, and you deserve some relaxation.

From the Leirhofnian group Archangel Raindrop's latest album, here is Ulvinde.

Click to listen

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Parliamentary Squabbles and the Ochean Relief Bill

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Year Two of Shensheng, 02/12/10, Imperial Calander (11/10/2019, Standard Calander)

Voice of the People 人民的声音

"Hello I'm Chang Gang, and this is my cohost, Suyan Chin."
"And this is the Voice of the People, reporting from Pekang. Our reporter, Feng Lin, is on the scene of Jacin Gurung."

Jacin Gurung, temporary parliament building.

The Celestial Parliament generally hosts Questions for the Lord Protector of Michu every Friday. Unfortunately, however, the Questions had to be moved to the weekend this session, due to a fire in the Forbidden City set off for unresolved reasons. The Internal Household Department sent it's apologies, and are working on finding the culprit. Citizens of Pekang are advised to stay away from the two mile exclusion zone from Her Majesty's sanctuary. No one besides two eunuchs and a maid were killed. The Empress has been moved to the Winter Palace in Tuweri, one of the Weishun reservation provinces. She will remain there until the Forbidden City is cleared of all danger. The Jacin Gurung (Secondary Palace) has been allocated for members of Parliament to use. This building is rich with culture, used throughout the Zhi Period to negotiate peace with the Trekkish realm after the series of violent conflicts in the 18th century, and where the Hifuzhou Emperor send a telegram to the last Great Shang of Kanadorika at the end of the First World War, inviting him to stay in Zhi in perpetuity. The Complex is large enough for all one thousand members of the Celestial Parliament to congregate and discuss. Indeed, the Palace could provide each one of the MPs with a place to stay for the duration of the Parliamentary session. The Voice of the People had the chance to briefly interview the Liberal Member of Parliament for Qinggao in Shaotai Province, Cheng Xu.

"So what do you think of the reconstruction efforts so far, your honour?" Our respected and unbiased journalist Feng Lin asked. The Member for Qinggao shuffled in his place slightly, indicating suprise or confusion. This may be because of the diverse nature of his constitutiancy. Qinggao is one of the few provinces where no particular ethnicity has a majority or even a clear distinction, and his majority is only several thousand votes. Despite this, Qinggao is thriving under the new administration, profiting hugely from an increase in investment in public services and the construction of a new secondary school to replace the one destroyed in the Revolution. If the Honourable Member says anything that offends any of the broad coalition of ethnicities who lent him support, he could lose his seat in the next election. As is the tenuous state of Imperial politics.

"The nation has a bright future, that is the sentiment in the Liberal Party Convention, and the Coalition of Peace generally. The Lord Protector is generally doing a good enough job, but I, like my fellows in the Liberal Party, worry about the issue of the reacquired lands of Miatu. When will the Lord Protector allow our national compatriots a say in how the government operates? The Empire's greatest strength, relies on it's humane and just governance, that have allowed us to function for thousands of years. The modern form of benevolent governance, is democracy." The Honourable Member replied.

"Right, now we have managed to get some esteemed company, Lord Yunli, Marquess Guo. The Honourable Member for Mukden, leader of the so called Aristocrats in Parliament, reporting from his estate in Mukden. What do you think of that reply, my Lord?"
"I think it's a disgrace. That fellow there, the Honourable Member for Qinggao, has completely failed to address this administration's blatent disrespect for our traditions. Promoting the use of billingual troops and orders in Weishun Banners! What a farce. They can cover it up with the nonsense line of assisting social cohesion in the reconstruction efforts all they want, but I, and my faction in Parliament, will strongly oppose it. Now if you may excuse me, my flight to Jacin Gurung is in an hour."
"Very well then." Both presenters kowtowed and sent the Lord off.

"That was most interesting, wouldn't you say?"

Several hours later, in the Jacin Gurung parliamentary hall. The Lord Speaker of the House, The Great Shang, honoured descendent of the last Kanadorikan Shang, stood and greeted all members of parliament. He looked very exotic in the robes bestowed upon him by the Imperial Tailoring Department, Red, black and white, to empathise his family's origins, yet full of Imperial iconography to identify him as a servant of the Emperors and our perfect and honoured Empress.

"Settle down now. First, Questions for the Lord Protector. Then a vote on the Civility is becoming of the Empire, and we will not collapse into anarchy again. I declare Questions for the Lord Minister, open. I now kowtow before the Empress' divine grace, and the Heavens above." The MPs all followed. It reminds one of a traditional Imperial Court meeting, and in the name of tradition, the MPs wear the same court robes as the old officials once did. "The Honourable Member for Tangwei!"

The member for Tangwei rose, Zhang Bufang, a man from the Xinjin province. The honourable member for Tangwei, is the most prolific Zhen Parliamentarian. The Zhen, are the Imperial name for the assortment of Muslims in Michu. They are a majority in Xinjin, and a substantive minority in many southern provinces. "Thank you, Lord Speaker. Long live the Empress. Will the Lord Protector address the disgraceful treatment of Zhen peoples in the Xinjin Province, and indeed, the rest of our nation? Throughout the reconstruction, my, and many of the honourable members throughout Xinjin, have had constituents, friends, even family members, beaten, killed or even raped by the Trekkish warlords in the west." Much banging, and yelling could be heard from the rest of the chamber, in anger at the barbarians at the Empire's doorstep. The Lord Speaker checked his watch, and stood "Silence! Allow the Lord Protector to answer the statement!" The Parliamentarians sat down, and the Lord Protector rose. "I share your concern for this situation. Rest assured, I will deploy additional Standard Army troops to curtail such raids." The Conservative members clapped and cheered for the Lord Protector, while the Zhen coalition, within the Liberal and PAF, composing around fifty Members, displayed disgust with this, and Bufang continued. "I appreciate my fellow's anger at this disgraceful situation, but I would just like to mention, that a great deal of the abuse the Empress' loyal subjects suffer is done by the hands of the Standard Army! My own nephew's house was ransacked by lowlife recruits! The crisis of low disipline in the Standard Army must be addressed, and the garrison commander for Xinjin should be relieved from duty, if not executed." Emotions started to run more wild in the Celestial Parliament, and the Lord Protector was not pleased at the reaction from the house. He could only stand up, and deliver a short, concilliatory speech.

"I deeply apologise for the suffering of your constituents. These events will shame the Standard Army for years to come. I can only hope, that by accepting our faults, and working together, we can move past this and address the issue. I invite the honourable member for Tangwei, and his coalition to a private meeting after the session to discuss an alternative solution."

This was possibly, the worst move for his own base, the hardline Conservatives, who saw this issue as irrelevent, decried surrendering to Xinjin representatives, who were complicit in the Revolution, lost much confidence in the Lord Protector, while the Aristocrats despised the use of Standard Army troops as anything more than reinforcements or mass troops, prefering to use the Weishun banners to police the borders of the Empire. Had the Weishun Banners been overseeing Xinjin, perhaps the Zhen peoples could be spared such savagery? "The Honourable Member for Shenying, Zhang Guo!" Zhang Guo, a member of the Aristocrats, and a strong proponent of defending Michu's culture by establishing cultural departments, and repelling foreign content. The "Anti Influence Movement" was quickly gaining steam. "Surely an appropriate measure to prevent future raids, would be to support the reunification of Treko under a more stable government, then to sign a pact of friendship and non agression with the new state? The nation could benefit from an end to raids, an end to the centuries long hatred, and the recognition of our mutual borders. I propose that the Lord Protector, and by extension, the whole of this house, vote for my bill, to recognise the Kingdom of Drevazyk as the legitimate government of Treko, provided they recognise our rightful claim to Miatu." There was quiet mumbling from the Liberals, and the more hawkish members of the PAF, who would have prefered the Empire just outright invade the Trekkish remnants, while the Conservatives gradually began clapping. It would seem Zhang Guo, would rise to prominence through this bill. The Lord Protector rose once again. "An interesting suggestion. It would need to be passed through the foreign ministry in this very palace, as well as with her Majesty. I will vote for your bill, and I join my right Honourable friend in suggesting you all do the same." The Lord Protector sat. "The Honourable Member for Yinning, Hong Huan!" Hong Huan rose. "The Revolution in Khaw Si Khaw, a minor nation to our South West, has had a complicated impact on our diplomatic relations. Can the Lord Protector confirm if the state visit to the capital of Khaw Si Khaw will still happen, despite the change in government. And if it does happen, would the Lord Protector bring all the diplomatic pressure possible to bare on the new government to ensure the safety of Michise citizens currently holidaying there?" The chamber erupted in support, in a rare display of complete unity. The Lord Protector rose. "I can tell the house, and the right honourable gentleman, that we are awaiting confirmation on the new reigime's stance on our state visit. However, even if the visit is cancelled, the Empire will explore all possible avenues to ensure the protection of Michise citizens in Khaw Si Khaw." The one sign of support for the Lord Protector, and it was on a relatively minor issue. The end of this dramatic week of Questions for the Lord Minister, who didn't come out very well, according to the pollsters. With 60% of the public thinking the Lord Protector must fundamentally alter the constitution to stop internal party factionalism, 30% saying the Lord Protector is too weak, and must be replaced.

The votes have been cast on three issues.
The Construction of a new airport in Miatu (Chung Act)
The Recognition of Drevazyk (Zhang Act)
The Ochean Relief Bill (Promoted by the Lord Protector)

The Construction of a new airport in Miatu, created significant controversy, as no MPs have been elected from Miatu yet. Protestors have taken place in the capital, displaying loyalty to the Empress and her government, but they demand an election, they demand representation in the Imperial legislature. The bill failed, with 621 votes against, and 279 for. Next, was the Zhang Act, which passed, 670 - 230. This act will be sent to her Majesty personally for her to examine and set up a meeting with the Kingdom's representative. Finally, before the votes were read out on the deeply unpopular Ochean Relief Bill, that suggested using vital Imperial resources to assist a backwater tribal confederation hundreds of miles from Michu in a domestic hurricane, there was a cry from outside of the government building

"The Third Prince arrives!"

Suddenly, the room fell silent, and the doors were opened. Walking in was a high court official, the Lord Protector, and the Third Prince of the Yongsheng Clan. Every member of Parliament kowtowed as they entered, chanting "Third Prince, Live for a Thousand Years!" The Third Prince, with a stern look on his face, dramatically reached for a golden material, that was unmistakable to anyone familiar with Imperial politics, an Imperial edict from Her Majesty. He began reading it outloud.

"The Empress wishes the house well. Her majesty, upon the advice and request of the Lord Protector, has decreed that the Ochean Relief Bill, will be enacted. By the will of Heaven. This bill is now law, and it's implementation will commence immediately."

Suddenly, the tranquil peace of the Parliament was shattered, as cries of "Traitor!" and "The Revolution will continue!" could be heard from the Liberal and PAF benches. The aristocrats, merely stood, bowed and then sat back down, as if the bill was passed legitimately. Though the Voice of the People, suspects that most of these Aristocrats supported the bill anyway, and approve of the use of Royal power. "Down with Quno!" Was then chanted repeatedly, as the PAF left the building, no longer seeing any legitimacy in this Coalition. They are followed by the Liberals. Finally, the Third Prince left, and the Aristocrats cheerfully sent him off. While the Lord Protector may have done this for the greater good, his overreach of powers, and his percieved love of foreigners, would stain Michise democracy forever. Soon, there will either be another election, or if he continues to cling on, another revolution. Faced with such a prospect, Quno, boarded a train for Tuweri, where he resigned as Lord Protector, and suggested that new elections be called...

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁

Ninhundland
Secretary

Founded: Oct 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Ninhundish Government makes a deal with GEMEX

Postby Ninhundland » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Not long after the mass railway project of GEMEX was proposed, the push for a pan Eropan rail network had strengthened and so did ideas of GEMEX expansion. Possibly the largest and most realistic extension was for GEMEX to either stop in the Ninhundish capital of Frankdorf or have Nin Bahn have direct connection as there is already trains to Hallurvik.

“A connection to Ninhundland would mean a gateway to Eropan.”, Franz Krieger, Minister of Transportation

Frankdorf Hauptbahnhof serves as the central station of a metro area of over 20 million and as the capital of Ninhundland, connections to other major cities and international destinations are commonplace. While the details have not been finalized and whether or not the state owned rail company Nin Bahn will be willing to rent out its tracks or just have more frequent routes to Geitland is unknown but the possibility of a new project is highly considered.

Ninhundland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Ninhundland welcomes Zkodans with open arms

Postby Ninhundland » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:16 pm

Ninhundish Government invites Zkodans fleeing their homeland into Ninhundland

After the dissolution of the Trekkish Empire, the successor state of Drevazyk has been rapidly expanding to reclaim the the former lands of the Empire. However a recent statement from the government of Drevazyk states, “All ethnic Zkodans living in Drevazyk will be forcibly removed!”. Zkoda was a autonomous region under the rule of Treko and now is claimed by Drevazyk as sovereign territory with heavy opposition. While relations with the Trekkish Empire have been fairly neutral the inhabitants of Zkoda have been allowed access into Ninhundland due to shared culture and ethnic background.

Proposal on the status of the Trekkish Empire
1. The Empire of Treko will no longer be recognized as a country.
2. The Imperial Republic of Ninhundland will recognize the new Republic of Drevazyk with its current borders not including Zkoda
3. The State of Zkoda is declared a borderlands region as conflict continues the status is subject to change.
4. All Zkodans that are fleeing are welcome in Ninhundland.
Foreign Affairs Ministry of the Imperial Republic of Ninhundland

The influx of Zkodans will increase the population and potentially bring in a work force of younger inhabitants into Ninhundland that will prevent the possibly of a ageing population.
Last edited by Ninhundland on Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Second Treaty of Pekang (2019)

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Her Majesty, the Shensheng Huangdi, sovereign master of the east, the Gehehan, appointed Daughter of Heaven, and the Taivan Niguulsel Khan of Inner Yuan. Entrusted with the prosperity and dignity of Michu, and all it’s vast peoples’ continued success under benevolent governance, with the consent and support of her Celestial Parliament in Pekang and it’s representatives from all over the nation; appoints Sagmutan, from the Secondary Palace, and commander of the Imperial Guard to meet with, and agree the following points with the government of Drevazyk.

Article I
Formally recognising the nation of Drevazyk as the successor state to the Kingdom of Treko (Empire in Trekkish) rather than any of the false states within the territory, for their failure to police their own borders, or send tributes to the Imperial Throne. In the interests of stability and security, the return of Treko will assure the return to peace that our nations enjoyed before the Revolution of 2018.

Article II
Establishes the Frontier Region of Miatu as the extent of the territory of Michu, where the provincial borders end is the mountain range, and the edge of the Empire, all West of those mountains is under the benevolent jurisdiction of Drevazyk.

Article III
a) Grants the governments of Michu and Drevazyk, permission to supervise the creation of a more unified and stable Yuan state, to be established as a buffer state between Michu and Treko, and to grant the people of Yuan genuine self determination, that they have lacked for centuries.
b) Article IIIb proposes the construction of mutual government departments to monitor and defend the interests of the new state of Yuan. This will ultimately prevent raids of our mutual borders, and allow the Empire to focus inward.

Article IV
Allocates two Imperial Banners, composing thirty thousand trained Imperial troops, to peacekeeping and suppression of warlords in the Trekkish territories, to assist the legitimate government and turn over all land to their administration. Once this task is complete, they will be granted safe passage back to Michu.

Article V
Fortified regions and territories on the border of Miatu Province will be deconstructed, and demilitarised for a total of ten years on both sides. Local Weishun Banners will be reorganised into assisting the police forces, once the warlord states that presently exist are pacified.

Article VI
The nations of Michu and the Successor state to Treko, shall end their traditional hostility and enter a period of friendship and prosperity, in perpetuity.

Article VII
A) Traders entering Miatu, and vice versa, will be granted access, so long as a passport can be presented and no contraband is being sold. This will help improve relations and foster friendship, as well as economic growth of local communities.
B) Any contraband smugglers will be treated as though they are violating domestic law, eg, if a Trekkish smuggler is caught in Michu, he will be punished by Michese law, and vice versa for Michise traders.

Article VIII
Establishes a permanent Trekkish embassy in the Secondary Palace, to replace the one destroyed in the Revolution, to be stocked by Trekkish representatives on a permanent basis.

Article IX
Now that peace has been established, the two countries will forever maintain friendly relations, and henceforward all frontier disagreements will be done away with, for if both sides seriously adhere to the treaty clauses, controversies cannot arise.

The Commissioners of the two countries have each signed and sealed the collated treaty texts, and each retains both an original and a copy.

This treaty will be engraved in the Michise, Trekkish, Weishun and Latin languages in stone, to be set up on the boundary between the two countries, to serve forever as boundary marker.

Weishun Version of the Treaty

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁

Benagach
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

The Assassination of President Hugo Richtofen

Postby Benagach » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:36 pm

August 10th, 1924, 5:17 AM, Lidden, Reejaukh.

"The sun is low. The air is cold. My face feels numb. I know the president, "Bighead" Richtofen will pass by me soon."
Just outside of the town of Lidden in the state of Reejaukh, A man lies in a bush. He has a gun. His plan? To kill the president of the country. Donny Gredner is a political rebel. He dislikes all government and the rather popular President Richtofen gets on his nerves. Winning in a landslide in 1920, his policies had given many tax breaks to the people of Þenagach. Why would a man who hates government kill a man who has reduced it? He doesn't need a reason. He'll kill for the fun of it. Any form of government is bad in Gredner's eyes.

5:22 AM

"Here he comes. I'll have my shot in a second."
The president's motorcade tops a hill just south of him. As it approaches, Gredner cocks his rifle. he'll have one chance with the fast speed of the vehicles. He's been planning this though. He's used his old car rolling down a hill and a flour sack in the backseat to practice his shot.
"And three, two one..."
BANG!
The bullet hits its target: Hugo Richtofen's head.
The car screeches to a halt. The policemen about it, mostly on motorcycles, also stop. Gredner stands, his rifle at his chin. He will kill himself. His work is done.
He screams, "De mensen om te regeren!", the cry of the Resistance.
BANG!
Another shot clears Gredner of his face. He falls backwards. Policemen run over to the bodies. They are both dead.

In just fifteen seconds, the United States of Þenagach are changed forever. The loss of President Richtofen scars us forever.

-From "A President Gone", a short story by Trel Juldins, ©1945.
Last edited by Benagach on Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benagach
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

The Kleigrond Takeover Part one, 1965-67

Postby Benagach » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:44 pm

The Kleigrond Takeover, Part One

1965, January Inauguration of Alfred Ululi of the Keizerlijk Partij.

"...And to protect and serve, all the rest of my days, this Great Country>"
"And to protect and serve, all the rest of my days, this Great Country."
Ululi turned away from the supreme judge, His hand taken from the bible. He was the president, and many changes were to come. It had been many years since the Kaizerlijk Party had been in power, and he stood ready to carry on the tradition among these few who were elected of taking some piece of land, making the country bigger, if only by a foot. The cheering of the crowd deafened him. He'd not expected such a turnout, but then again, the recluses often support the underdogs. His speech was a short one, his dinner a long one. He would get right down to business. His plan had been forming over the course of four years before his presidency.

1965, September, the Oval Office

"I need a scapegoat, an aggressor", yells Ululi to his staff members.
"Sir", says General Kidvein, the Supreme Commander, second only to Ululi, "We have one: Isx, chief of the Quadn Tribe".
"We don't have a reson, Kidvein. We can't be attacking them for no reason.'
Well, Mr. President", Says Kidvein, "I thought of this. We'll have a "Patrol" land at the island. The Quadn tribe has been hostile to us before. We'll have a fake attack on the landing force and then we'll have reason."
"Brilliant, General. That's why you're my top man."

1966, February, Fort Keld, Buucoo

"Now, Colonel, You've got a mission."
"Yes sir, General"
"Oden, you're a top man. This mission is nothing to be scoffed at. A fort must be established on the island and then we wait"
"Sir?"
"Yes?"
"How will the natives be provoked?"
"Leave that to me, Ode. We'll have a provoking soon enough"

1966, March, Onboard TT-5088N transport plane, 04:20

"Men, though we're not here to fight, the preparedness for it is necessary. We'll not provoke them, but if they are to attack, we'll have no choice"
"Yes, Sergeant!", a chorus of voices shout.
An alarm sounds.
"We're two minutes out, Sergeant", says the pilot over the intercom.
"Roger."
"Alright, men. Up and at 'em."
The light turns from green to yellow, then to red. A stream of 30 paratroopers pours from the two entrances at the rear of the plane. The two cargo planes, flying in formation behind also drop their load. The Sergeant is the second-to-last one out, just before the Captain.

The plan is to set up a small fort in the deep jungles of the island. The attack is planned for another two years, in the spring of 1968. They will live peacefully, clearing the land and making a military base.

1966, April, Camp Kleigrond, 05:00

*Reveille*
A formation of the men is drawn.
"Atten-hut!"
Captain Reid exits his tent
"Prepare for inspection!"
The Captain inspects his men's weapons and says, "At ease, men. The duty roster will be read by Sergean Tunstill."
"Albertson, KP. Alfreds, sentry duty. Askins, KP. Bertil, in charge of landing strip construction. Debbins..."
As soon as the sergeant is done, Captain Reid adresses the men again, "Today on the agenda is the construction of a landing strip. We'll have planes in here tomorrow or heads will roll. Dismissed."

1967, June, Fort Kleigrond, 13:09

Colonel Oden exits his plane. The men snap to attention.
"Captain Reid, I'm here to relieve you", says the Colonel with a salute.
"Yes sir, Colonel", replies Reid. "I'll pack my things."
Upon dismissing the men, Colonel Oden finds the First Sergeant. "Sergeant?"
"Yes, Sir?"
"You'll be relieved by Sergeant Richard over there>"
"Yes sir"

The next stage of the plan is set in action. Colonel Oden's Relievement of Captain Reid will set into motion the cogs of imperialism.

See Part Two for the next part in the story.

Ninhundland
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Intermed Alliance (WIP)

Postby Ninhundland » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:29 pm

The Intermed Alliance (IMA) is an economic and defence agreement signed between the nations of Ninhundland, Genovica, and Þenagach. Formed in 1987, the alliance strengthens the relations between the member nations who’ve had long ties dating back centuries and all have a coastline on the Meditas Ocean. Intermed promotes free trade and easy travel between its member nations as well as defence cooperation if a member country requests.
Last edited by Ninhundland on Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information