NATION

PASSWORD

Etharia Regional News [Etharia only]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zettouria
Civilian

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Wedding of Archduke Zigzagteddywag and the duchess von Barbe

Postby Zettouria » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:28 pm

Today , in 25.01.2019 , Archduke Amanuel von Zigzagteddywag and Duches Beatris von Barberg are uniting their souls for the rest of their lives , may their lives be peaceful untill the end ! The public ceremony is at 23:00 in Zigzagteddywagenburg . There’ll be food .

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:27 pm

ᛒᚱᚨᚢᛏᚨᚱᚺᛟᛚᛗᚢᚱ ᚠᚱᛖᛏᛏᛁᚱ
News that fits your schedule

Brautarhólmur City Council Greenlights Proposed Streetcar Expansion

Artist's impression of the project

January 25, 2019. Written by Markús Konráðsson | MarkusKonrasson@Hjaltaeyrrdaily.com | 10:20pm

In light of increasingly heavy traffic on the streets of the borough of Hampton, the municipal government has affirmed a project to expand the city's light rail line from Hampton to Pharonia. This is part of the Metropolitan Transit Authority's effort to increase ridership of the city's railways. The Brautarhólmur subway system is the most extensive and one of the most crowded in the world. Indeed, even the West Halfjord Transit Authority's Commuter rail system is highly traveled between the city and its suburbs.

It is in the surface light rail category that Brautarhólmur, one of the largest cities in the world, suffers in. Ironically, the city historically boasted an extensive streetcar system that would see its demise in the 1950s, and would come to be replaced by buses. For the second half of the 20th century, surface mass transit was primarily provided by buses and heavy rail, the former which have come to clog the city's dense streets. In 1990, The MTA announced the opening of the Koncordia Light Railway, which operates with traffic on city streets, kick starting an effort to bring streetcars back to the city.

The Hampton - Pharonia extension will make use of pre-existing rail lines from the older tramway system; both street bound and grade separated. It differs from the extant heavy rail subway system (40% of which is above ground) in that it is slower and has a lower passenger capacity, however has stops at closer intervals, allowing for more efficient travel at close distances.

A streetcar passes through Hampton, 1948.

Comments

Evikkson (2 minutes ago)
The subway system is filthy. Hopefully the same fate doesn't extend to this

Marina Jósteinsson (10 minutes ago)
I would much rather take this over any bus. Tired of getting caught up in traffic and delayed because cars in front of the bus decided to stop.

Local and international news, all from your local Brautarhólmur station!
Image 19°
Search

Copyright 2018 Hjaltæyrr Daily
All Rights Reserved
Last edited by Kanadorika on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Purchasing support

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:58 am

January 4th, Times of The Leviathan

Glorious news for the quest to reclaim the homeland, due to the generosity of the Entente, and their ingenious engineering, our Company has been provided a massive source of arms, being distributed to our troops and volunteers! The M55E, Atlas Manufactured, using an Eldran designed Cartridge, is an extremely efficient rifle, that will greatly aid in the quest against the upstarts and the radicals!

In other news, the Company has used it's immense wealth to fund the reconstitution of the grand Imperial Palace, as well as the city of Shaotai, as the reader will most certainly notice! The Company is already reaching out to its investors, to allow the city to become a financial hub to rival the foreign cities. It is their wish, that Shaotai's spirit shine, as bright as the sun, and the gold flowing into her coffers. Control of the naval dockyards will allow our fleet to refuel, and recommence bombardment of the enemy's fortifications.
Last edited by Dominatus Leviathan on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Celestial Empire of Michu. Qing China with simplified characters, Manchu and a British Westminster system.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁
Empress live for 10,000 years!

Kettering Town
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kettering Town » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:37 am

[THE MINIFOR NEWS BULLETIN]

2019 Ketto-Rhikuosaun Unification Referendum: The People go to the Polls
From [MINFOR] Correspondent Desmond Valiant, Greater Kettropia, The Glorious Kettroan Superstate, 28th of January, 2019
A Scholastic Monastery being used as a Polling Station.
The Polls in Both nations for the Ketto-Rhikuosuan Unification Referendum have been open since 6 AM and have seen Record numbers of Voters entering their local Designated polling stations. Queues have been forming across The GKSS And Rhikuosau for the citizens of both nations to cast their Vote in what could be a Historic decision in the History of both Nations, It has also been reported that in Peterdratz the Overhead Metropolitan lines have been packed all day with Voters using the Metro to get to their local station, An Opinion poll done before the Referendum on the 21st by [MINARCH] asked the Populace of the GKSS; "Should the Glorious Kettroan Superstate Unite with It's Neighbour, Rhikousau?" To which many People Said "Yes", The current "Union is Strength" Faction of the Imperial Directive under Regent Thaddeus G.Palethorpe II believes that the Union would bring greater security to the Afrikan continent and would allow the two nations to stand together in the face of threats and would bring the Rhikuosaun State in Line with the Entente. However the Opposing "One Superstate, One People" Faction under Regent Edith C.Hawkes believes that Kettroa is better to close ranks with the Entente and form an "Even closer Union" with nations such as Eldra and the Atlas Confederacy, But Regent Hawkes has been galvanized in the Past for her views and her association with one of the Big Kettroan Tea Houses.

The Emperor has stated he will honour the result of the Referendum and carry out the will of the People as necessary even with many members of the Imperial Governance Cabinet Lobbying against the Emperor's decision to call the Referendum in the first place, to which the Emperor has responded coldly with threats of using the full powers bestowed upon him by Scholastic Divine Right, It is unknown whether the Emperor plans to use the Commissariat or the Centennial Guard to oust those lobbying against his decision.

Polls are open until 1 AM across the GKSS And her Imperiikommisariat in the North, The Result will be announced on the 31st of January, allowing Rhikuosau's Populace to Cast its vote in the Situation at Hand.

-Desmond Valiant, Greater Kettropia, The Glorious Kettroan Superstate.
Από το Λονδίνο μέχρι το Κάιρο και το πρότυπο του τηλεφώνου φτάνει ψηλά!
The Communique you are reading has been altered by [MINIFOR]
Kettroa can into Embassy!
"From London to Cairo! the Standard Flies High!"
Interested? Read my Minicul Approved Factbooks!
A Level 5 civilization, according to this index.
The [MINIFOR] News Bulletin:--Kettroe Warship Squadrons Bomb Gallacia--Molecular Fission Reactor Prototype Sucessful-- WEATHER [Courtesy of [MINIRESDEV]:Heavy Rain Across the Country, Dark Skies, Listening to Lo-Fi Recommended.--[END NEWSFLASH]

Suid Kaap
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Suid Kaap » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:35 pm

DIE RHEBOK

RHIKUOSAU-KETTROA PROPOSED UNION PROMPTS CEASEFIRE ON THE FRONT

Written by Dirk Dreyer

Doubts as to continuation of the war with Rhikuosau are prevalent in the Army of the Oranje. The hope is that Rhikuosau’s entry into a Union with kettroa will cause Rhikuosau to pull out of the war. The worst fear is that Kettroa will also declare war on Suid Kaap, but that is unlikely as kettroa is part of the entente. More to come
Laet 's Lands boom end' sijn stroom trouwlijck doen bewaren!

Ochean Tribes
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ochean Tribes » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:21 pm

The Okage Tribune

With the dust settling on the civil war in Michu, High Chief Kachina of the Confederacy issued a public statement denouncing the recent annexation of Michuan lands by Treko. Treko, a trading partner to the Confederacy of Ochean Tribes has issued statements that the people of Gansu would be granted citizenship and that Treko would begin reconstruction in the region to repair damaged infrastructure and ease their assimilation into Treko. High Chief called this a deliberate and dishonorable attempt to take advantage of the weakness of their neighbor by seizing their ancestral lands when Michu was unable to defend them. And that these lands should be returned to Michu now that hostilities have ceased in the nation as the Empress and a new government has been reinstalled. Despite these strong words, no other recourse has been taken as of yet against Treko, likely in consideration of the important trade agreements for Ochea that the two nations have. Treko supplies heavy industrial machinery as well as military small arms to our Confederation. In return for raw materials and food products. In related news, the High Chief also announced that the Confederacy was willing to take in 80,000 Michu refugees who could settle upon reserved lands which has been set aside after fierce debate in the Confederate Council Chambers for this humanitarian crisis. Thirty one of the forty seven tribes have set aside pieces of land from their own for refugee settlement. Most other tribes have pledged food and resources. These 'Refuge Reservations' are meant to be a temporary sactuary from those fleeing violence in their homelands and all who take refuge there can return to their homeland at Ochea's expense at a later date shoud they so choose. It is currently unknown what long term plan is in place for any refugees who choose to remain in the Confederacy, or what will occur should more refugees seek asylum within Ochea. It was proposed that Ochea could purchase the coastal region across the sea to the south should greater numbers of refugees apply for entrance, but this remains to be seen.

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

A New Awakening

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Shensheng Empress, Israe Theodora, with First Marshall and Interim Lord Protector, Shuko Tan, Reconciliation meeting.

I invited the First Marshall, Shuko Tan, to be the interim Lord Protector of the new realm of Michu. An Empire, dedicated to maintaining peace, stability and traditions. He was permitted into the Inner Court of the Forbidden City for privacy and to give him some more legitimacy.

"My Empress, as part of our first meeting as Head of State, and Head of Government, I kowtow before you, as the rest of the people will do, forever. I would like to raise two issues with your majesty. Our combined Ever Victorious Army has been successful in pushing back the enemy, however, I suggest inviting the PAF forces to a ceasefire, and allowing their ideology to stand in elections, let the people decide on their fate. This will conserve Michise lives, and spare the families, as well as the industries in the south from further devastation."

Tan quickly bowed before me, as I wondered for a second. I was hesitant, knowing the defiling of the nation, the Forbidden City, and all the death they caused, however, I have seen enough war for a while. I remembered the bodies in Shaotai, and came to quick conclusion.

"Agreed. I will call an eunuch to send a request for ceasefire to the PAF, granting them a pardon if they accept. In the name of peace. And besides, their jingoism could be useful in the future."

Tan bowed again, indicating his second issue.

"If your majesty wishes, the nation of Ochea has declared their support for us in the disputed area of Gantsu, recognising our state. I believe we should respond, in mutual support with them. We need friends in these trying times. And the lands occupied by Treko must be reclaimed. The lands in the South, occupied by Kanadorika, can most likely be negotiated for, but I don't expect us to be able to take some of the coastal cities, who have never really been intergrated with the rest of your boundless empire. Do you share my assessment?"

This question was much easier for me, Ochea, while we would normally consider them primative, has a trading history with us, and we really do need friends as of now.

"I agree again. Send Ochea and Kanadorika diplomatic envoys. I want to restablish the treaty of alliance with Kanadorika, and establish a similar agreement with Ochea, based on trade and mutual protection. The Gantsu situation, will be resolved once our nation is rebuilt."

Tan would bow one last time, before walking out of the chamber, I remain confident in his abilities, however, if the experiment with democracy does not work, I maintain the ability, through legal means, to restore the old system. And I won't hesitate to do what is necessary to save my people. As I sat on the Celestial Throne, in my golden dress, I pondered the future, a thought coming into my head, my lack of an heir....

Shuko Tan, First Marshall.

I sighed of relief, after I left the Forbidden City, on the way to a taxi, through the rapidly rebuilding Bejang. My driver was purposely driving slow, as to allow the public to cheer for me, flying the Empress' coat of arms, and the new flag of Michu. It was a very sunny day, and my military uniform was getting sweaty, so I asked my driver to hurry up, I needed to get to the military high command in Nuche, to meet the dignitary from the PAF, then to the Kanadorikan possessions in Kuwang, then, I would need to deal with the new Imperial Bureaucracy, oh, true joy.

Glory to Michu. March 1st, 2019.
The Celestial Empire of Michu. Qing China with simplified characters, Manchu and a British Westminster system.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁

Treko
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Treko » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Imperskiy News

News for you

Kan'su District Bill

The final vote on the bill

BREAKING- This week the High-Chancellor, Pence Hul, along with parliament signed a bill that effectively recognized and intergrated the Kan'su District into the Trekkish entity. Representatives from parliament held off initially on the bill due in part that skirmishes were still constant. However, all that changed when the Michu Government finally put an end to the Pan-Asian parties antics in the lands formerly known as Dominatus Leviathan. Despite the main focus of this bill to integrate the Kan'su District, it has also brought new opportunities to the peoples in Kan'su. Citizens of Kan'su will now be full citizens of Treko and if they so wish can apply for dual citizenship with the new Michu nation at government offices. On top of that, citizens of Kan'su will now be able to elect a district official to represent them in the Trekkish parliament. It should be noted that elections will not be taking place immediately, but citizens should expect elections to begin either next month or the following month.

In other news, the bill for the integration of Kan’su also brought a major spending bill for the district. The money going to the district is to help revitalize and put money back into the economy of Kan’su. Construction permits were mainly given out to companies within the district and to avoid any outside interference from other district companies. These simple efforts will bring up a broken economy and put money back into the hands for the peoples of Kan’su.

Military levels in the district of Kan’su will begin to decrease to normal levels to match other districts. The reduction in military personnel in the district will now give rise to the Районная Oбластная Полиция(РОП) or the Regional District Police. That being said, FOB Army base Sornyak which was used by airborne divisions during the conflict will now be upgraded into a military base. This is to keep up with requirements by the government which rules that all districts of Treko hold a military base.

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:38 am

ᛒᚱᛆᚢᛐᛆᚱᚼᚮᛚᛘᚢᚱ ᚠᚱᛂᚤᛐᛐᛁᚱ

HOLNIR VOLCANIC ERUPTION

The beginning stages of the Mt Apitkä eruption

March 21, 2019. Written by Markús Konráðsson | MarkusKonrasson@brautarfyettir.com | 5:01 pm

ᛏᛁ ᛫ ᚻᚫᛋ ᛫ ᛒᛁᚾ ᛫ 266 ᛫ ᛃᛁᚱᛋ ᛫ ᛋᛁᚾᛋ ᛫ ᛗᚪᚹᚾᛏ ᛫ ᛆᛔᛁᛐᚴᛆ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛏᚪᛚᚣᛋᛏ ᛫ ᚡᚪᛚᚴᛖᚾᚩ ᛫ ᚪᚾ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚪᛃᛚᚣᚾᛞ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᛂᚤᛦᛆᚿ ᛫ ᛚᚫᛋᛏ ᛫ ᛁᚱᚣᛈᛏᚣᛞ ᛫ ᛚᚩᚴᛖᛏᚣᛞ ᛫ ᛁᚾ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚱᚢᚱᚣᛚ ᛫ ᚫᚾᛞ ᛫ ᛋᛈᚪᚱᛋᛚᛁ ᛫ ᛈᚪᛈᛃᚣᛚᛖᛏᚣᛞ ᛫ ᚱᛁᛞᛄᚣᚾ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᛁᛋᛏᚣᚱᚾ ᛫ ᚼᚮᛚᚿᛁᚱ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚡᚪᛚᚴᛖᚾᚩ ᛫ ᛒᛁᚸᚫᚾ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᛋᛗᚩᚴ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᛞᛖᛋ ᛫ ᚣᚸᚩ ᛫ ᛞᚱᚪᛁᛝ ᛫ ᚣᛏᛖᚾᚳᚣᚾ ᛫ ᚠᚱᚣᛗ ᛫ ᚡᚮᛚᚲᛆᚿᚮᛚᚮᚵᛁᛋᛐᛋ ᛫ ᚠᚱᚣᛗ ᛫ ᚣᚴᚱᚪᛋ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛖᛗᛈᚪᛃᚣᚱ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛋᛗᚩᚴ ᛫ ᚩᚾᛚᛁ ᛫ ᚸᚱᚢ ᛫ ᛁᚾ ᛫ ᛁᚾᛏᛖᚾᛋᚣᛏᛁ ᛫ ᚫᛋ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚪᚹᚣᚱᛋ ᛫ ᛈᚫᛋᛏ ᛫ ᚹᛁᚦ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛒᛁᚸᛁᚾᛁᛝ ᛫ ᛋᛏᛖᛞᛄᚣᛋ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛁᚱᚣᛈᚳᚣᚾ ᛫ ᚣᚴᚣᚱᛁᛝ ᛫ ᛞᛄᚣᛋᛏ ᛫ ᛗᛁᚾᚣᛏᛋ ᛫ ᚣᚸᚩ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛏᚪᚹᚾ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᚮᚱᛁᛋᛆᛘᛆᚴᛁ ᛫ ᛚᚪᛃᛋ ᛫ ᚣᛈᚱᚪᚴᛋᚣᛗᚣᛏᛚᛁ ᛫ 30 ᛫ ᛗᚪᛃᛚᛋ ᛫ ᛋᚪᚹᚦ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᛗᚪᚹᚾᛏ ᛫ ᛆᛔᛁᛐᚴᛆ ᛫ ᛈᚪᛈᛃᚣᛚᛖᛏᚣᛞ ᛫ ᛒᚪᛃ ᛫ ᚣᚱᚪᚹᚾᛞ ᛫ 5000 ᛫ ᛈᛁᛈᚣᛚ ᛫ ᛁᛏ ᛫ ᛁᛋ ᛫ ᚣ ᛫ ᚴᛚᚫᛋᛁᚴ ᛫ ᚱᛖᛈᚱᚣᛋᛖᚾᛏᛖᚳᚣᚾ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᚣ ᛫ ᛏᛁᛈᚣᚴᚣᛚ ᛫ ᚹᛖᛋᛏᚣᚱᚾ ᛫ ᚼᛆᛘᛂᛂᚿᛐᚱᛁᛋᚼ ᛫ ᚠᛁᚳᛁᛝ ᛫ ᛏᚪᚹᚾ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛁᚴᚪᚾᚣᛗᛁ ᛫ ᚻᛁᚱ ᛫ ᛁᛋ ᛫ ᛞᚣᚱᛖᚴᛏᛚᛁ ᛫ ᚴᚣᚾᛖᚴᛏᚣᛞ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛋᛁ ᛫ ᛁᚾᛞᛁᛞ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚴᚩᛋᛏ ᛫ ᚻᛁᚱ ᛫ ᛁᛋ ᛫ ᛞᚪᛗᚣᚾᛖᛏᚣᛞ ᛫ ᛒᚪᛃ ᛫ ᚡᛖᚱᛁᚣᛋ ᛫ ᛏᚱᚪᛚᚣᚱᛋ ᛫ ᚫᚾᛞ ᛫ ᚣᚧᚣᚱ ᛫ ᚡᛖᛋᚣᛚᛋ ᛫ ᚻᚪᚱᚡᚣᛋᛏᛁᛝ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚩᚳᚣᚾ ᛫ ᚠᚩᚱ ᛫ ᛁᛏᛋ ᛫ ᚱᛁᛋᚪᚱᛋᚣᛋ ᛫ ᛏᚣᛞᛖ ᛫ ᚻᚪᚹᛖᚡᚣᚱ ᛫ ᚾᚪᛏ ᛫ ᚣ ᛫ ᛋᛁᛝᚸᚣᛚ ᛫ ᛈᚣᚱᛋᚣᚾ ᛫ ᚴᚫᚾ ᛫ ᛒᛁ ᛫ ᛋᛁᚾ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚠᚱᛁᛞᛄᚣᛞ ᛫ ᚹᚪᛏᚣᚱᛋ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚵᛚᛆᚲᛁᛆᛚᛁᛋ ᛫ ᛚᛖ ᛫ ᛞᛖᛋᚣᛚᚣᛏ ᛫ ᚾᚩ ᛫ ᛒᚩᛏᛋ ᛫ ᛋᚴᚫᚡᚣᚾᛞᛄ ᛫ ᚠᚩᚱ ᛫ ᚠᛁᚳ ᛫ ᚾᚩ ᛫ ᛗᛖᚾ ᛫ ᚴᛚᚫᛗᚣᚱ ᛫ ᛁᚾ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛞᚪᚴᛋ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛖᚾᛏᚪᛃᚣᚱ ᛫ ᛏᚪᚹᚾ ᛫ ᚻᚫᛞ ᛫ ᛒᛁᚾ ᛫ ᛈᚢᛏ ᛫ ᚪᚾ ᛫ ᛚᚪᚴ ᛫ ᛞᚪᚹᚾ ᛫ ᚹᛁᚦ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛁᛗᚣᚾᚣᚾᛏ ᛫ ᛁᚱᚣᛈᚳᚣᚾ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᛆᛔᛁᛐᚴᛆ ᛫ ᚹᛁᛏᚳ ᛫ ᚦᚱᛖᛏᚣᚾᛋ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᛞᚣᛗᛈ ᛫ ᛗᚪᚹᚾᛏᚣᚾᛋ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᚫᚳ ᛫ ᚪᚾ ᛫ ᛞᚣᛒᚱᛁ ᛫ ᚪᚾ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛈᛁᛈᚣᛚ ᛫ ᚻᛁᚱ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛚᚩᚴᚣᛚ ᛫ ᚸᚣᚡᚣᚱᛗᚣᚾᛏ ᛫ ᛁᚳᚢᛞ ᛫ ᛗᚫᛋᚴᛋ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛋᛁᛏᚣᛋᚣᚾᛋ ᛫ ᚫᚾᛞ ᛫ ᚫᛞᚡᚪᛃᛋᛞ ᛫ ᚧᛖᛗ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᛋᛏᛖ ᛫ ᛁᚾᛞᚩᚱᛋ ᛫ ᛁᚡᚣᚾ ᛫ ᛋᛏᛁᛚ ᛫ ᛋᚣᛗ ᛫ ᚩᛚᛞᚣᚱ ᛫ ᚱᛖᛋᚣᛞᚣᚾᛏᛋ ᛫ ᛋᛁᛗᛞ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᛏᚳᚣᚴᚣᛚ ᛫ ᚪᚠ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᛁᚱᚣᛈᚳᚣᚾ

ᚪᛃ ᛫ ᚻᚫᚡ ᛫ ᛚᚪᛃᚡᛞ ᛫ ᚻᛁᚱ ᛫ ᚠᚩᚱ ᛫ 73 ᛫ ᛃᛁᚱᛋ ᛫ ᚫᚾ ᛫ ᛁᚾ ᛫ ᚧᚫᛏ ᛫ ᛏᚪᛃᛗ ᛫ ᛁᚡᛂ ᛫ ᛋᛁᚾ ᛫ ᛖᚡᚱᛁᚦᛁᛝ ᛫ ᚠᚱᚣᛗ ᛫ ᛏᚪᛃᚠᚢᚾᛋ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᚴᚪᚹᚾᛏᛚᚣᛋ ᛫ ᚣᚧᚣᚱ ᛫ ᚡᚪᛚᚴᚫᚾᛁᚴ ᛫ ᛁᚱᚣᛈᚳᚣᚾᛋ ᛫ ᛆᛔᛁᛐᚴᛆ ᛫ ᛁᛋ ᛫ ᛞᚢ ᛫ ᛋᚩ ᛫ ᚹᚣᛏ ᛫ ᚴᚣᛗ ᛫ ᛐᚮᛘᚮᚱᚱᚮ ᛫ ᛁᛚ ᛫ ᛒᛁ ᛫ ᛒᚫᚴ ᛫ ᚪᚾ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚹᚪᛏᚣᚱ

ᚾᛖᚡᚣᚱᚧᚣᛚᛖᛋ ᛫ ᚱᛁᛋᚣᚱᛏᚳᚣᚱᛋ ᛫ ᛞᚢ ᛫ ᚾᚪᛏ ᛫ ᚳᛖᚱ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚪᛈᛏᚣᛗᛁᛋᚣᛗ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚱᛖᛋᚣᛞᚣᚾᛏᛋ ᛫ ᚹᛖᚧᚣᚱ ᛫ ᛈᚫᛏᚣᚱᚾᛋ ᛫ ᛁᚾᛞᚣᚴᛖᛏ ᛫ ᚧᚫᛏ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚹᚪᛃᚾᛞ ᛫ ᚹᛁᛚ ᛫ ᛈᚢᚳ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚡᚪᛚᚴᚫᚾᛁᚴ ᛫ ᚫᚳ ᛫ ᛏᚣᚹᚩᚱᛞᛋ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚴᚪᚾᛏᚣᚾᚣᚾᛏ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᛂᛔᚮᚱᛆᚿ ᛫ ᚸᚱᚪᚹᚾᛞᛁᛝ ᛫ ᚠᛚᚪᛃᛏᛋ ᛫ ᚫᚾᛞ ᛫ ᚫᛞᚡᚣᚱᛋᛚᛁ ᛫ ᚣᚠᛖᚴᛏᛁᛝ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚻᛖᛚᚦ ᛫ ᚫᚾᛞ ᛫ ᛚᚩᚴᚣᛚ ᛫ ᛁᚴᚪᚾᚣᛗᛁᛋ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᛁᛋᛏᚣᚱᚾ ᛫ ᚼᛆᛘᛂᛂᚿᛐᚱᛆ ᛫ ᚵᛂᛁᛐᛚᛆᚿᛑ ᛫ ᛐᚱᛂᚴᚮ ᛫ ᛘᛁᚲᚼᚢ ᛫ ᚫᚾᛞ ᛫ ᚣᚧᚣᚱ ᛫ ᚾᛖᚳᚣᚾᛋ ᛫ ᚹᚣᚧᛁᚾ ᛫ ᛁᛏᛋ ᛫ ᛈᚫᚦ

마지막으로 분출 한 섬의 가장 높은 화산 인 산이 발생한 지 266 년이되었습니다. 동부 홀의 농촌 지역과 인구 밀도가 낮은 지역에 위치한이 화산은 2 일 전에 담배를 피우기 시작하여 제국 전역의 화산 학자들로부터 주목을 받았다. 연기는 불과 몇 분 전에 발생한 분화의 시작 단계와 함께 시간이지나면서 강도가 증가했습니다.

오리스의 마을은 약 30 마일 남쪽에 자리 잡고 있습니다. 약 5,000 명의 인구가 거주하고 있으며 전형적인 서부 어촌 마을을 대표합니다. 여기의 경제는 바다와 직접 연결되어 있습니다. 실제로, 여기의 해안은 다양한 트롤선과 자원을 위해 바다를 수확하는 다른 선박에 의해 지배됩니다. 그러나 오늘날에는 한 사람도 볼 수 없습니다. 의 차가운 물은 황량 해졌습니다. 보트를 타고 물고기를 잡아라. 아무 남자도 부두에서 들른다. 마을 전체가 곧 분출되면서 잠겨 있었고 여기 사람들의 잔해에 화산재가 쌓일 위험이 있습니다. 지방 정부는 시민들에게 마스크를 발급하고 실내에 머물 것을 권고했다. 아직도 일부 고령자들은 분출을 꺼리는 것처럼 보였다.

저는 73 년 동안 이곳에 살았습니다. 그 당시에는 태풍에서 수많은 다른 화산 분화까지 모든 것을 보았습니다. 아피 커가 만기가 되었어. 그래서? 와 서로 '나는 물 위로 돌아올거야.'

그럼에도 불구하고 연구자들은 주민들의 낙관론을 공유하지 않는다. 기상 패턴은 바람이 화산재를 에포 란 대륙으로 밀어 내고 비행을 접지시키고 동부의 하멘 트라, 지토 랜드, 트레 코, 미추 및 기타 국가의 건강과 지역 경제에 부정적인 영향을 미친다는 것을 보여줍니다.

Se on ollut 266 vuotta siitä, kun saaren korkein tulivuori, Apu, on viime aikoina purkautunut. Itä-Holin maaseutualueella ja harvaan asutulla alueella tulivuori alkoi tupakoida kaksi päivää sitten. Savu kasvoi vain intensiivisesti kuluneiden tuntien aikana, ja purkauksen alkuvaiheet tapahtuivat vain muutama minuutti sitten.

Orisin kaupunki sijaitsee noin 30 kilometriä etelään. Se on noin 5 000 ihmistä, ja se on klassinen tyypillinen läntinen kalastajakaupunki. Talous on tässä yhteydessä suoraan merelle. Täällä rannikolla hallitsevat erilaiset troolarit ja muut alukset, jotka pyytävät valtameren resurssejaan. Tänään ei kuitenkaan voida nähdä yksittäistä henkilöä. Glacialiksen jäykät vedet sijoittuvat autioiksi. Ei veneitä karkeita kaloja, ei miehiä tainnut telakoissa. Koko kaupunki oli asetettu lukkiutumaan välittömästi, sillä se uhkaa kaivaa tuhkaa tuhoilta ihmisille täällä. Paikallishallinto antoi kansalle naamioita ja kehotti heitä pysymään sisätiloissa. Jopa ikääntyneitä ikääntyneitä asukkaita tuntui naurahtavan purkausta:

Olen täällä asunut täällä 73 vuotta, olen nähnyt kaiken taifuuneista lukemattomiin muihin tulivuorenpurkauksiin. Apitkä johtuu, niin mitä? Tule tomorro "Tulen takaisin veteen."

Kuitenkin tutkijat eivät jaa asukkaiden optimismia. Säämallit osoittavat, että tuuli työntää tulivuoren tuhkaa Eporanin mantereelle, maadoittaa lentoja ja vaikuttaa haitallisesti itäisen Hameentran, Geitlandin, Trekin, Michun ja muiden kansojen terveyteen ja paikalliseen talouteen.

ان سون پاتلايان اداداكى ن يوكسك يانارداغ اولان آپو ضاغيندان بو يانا ۲۶۶ ييل كچتي. ضوغو حولون كيرسال وه سيرك نوفوسلو بولكسينده ير الان ولكان، ايكى كون اونجه ىمپاراتورلوغون دورت بير يانيندان ولكانولوكلارين ديككاتينى چكميه باشلادي. ضومان يالنيزجا سااتلر كچتيكچه يوغونلاشتي، پاتلامانين باشلانكيچ ​​اشامالارى بيركاچ داكيكا اونجه كرچكلشتي. وريس شهري، ياكلاشيك اولاراك ۳۰ ميل كونيينددير. ياكلاشيك ۵.۰۰۰ كيشى تارافيندان دولدورولموش اولوپ، تيپيك بير باتى باليكچى كاساباسينين كلاسيك بير تمسيليدير. بوراداكى كونومى دوغرودان دنيزه باغليدير. كرچكتن د، بوراداكى كييييا، چشيتلى باليكچى تكنلرى وه كايناكلارى ايچين اوكيانوسو هاسايان ديغر كميلر هاكيمدير. بوكون ايس، تك بير كيشى كورولمز. كلاجياليسين سوغوك سولارى يسسيزدير. باليكلار ايچين هيچبير تكنه يوك، ريهتيمدا ادام يوك. طوم كاسابا، بوراداكى اينسانلارا نكاز اوزرينه كول داغلارينى دوكمكله تهديت دن ياكينلارداكى بير پاتلاما ايله كاپاتيلميشتي. يرل يونتيم، واتانداشلارا ماسكه يايينلادى وه ايچ مكاندا كالمالارينى تاوسييه تتي. يينه د، بازى ياشلى ساكينلر پاتلامادان كيكيردادى كيبى كورونويوردو: ۷۳ ييلدير بورادا ياشييوروم، او زامانلار تايفونلاردان ساييسيز ديغر ولكانيك پاتلامايا كادار هر شيى كوردوم. آپيتكص نه دمك ايستييور? كل طوموررو صويا كرى دونجغيم. يينه ده اراشتيرماجيلار، ساكينلرين ايييمسرليغينى پايلاشمييور. حاوا دسنلري، روزكآرين ولكانيك كولو اپوران كيتاسينا دوغرو ايتتيغيني، اوچوشلارين توپراكلانديغينى وه دوغو حامنترا، كيتلاند، طركو، ميجهو وه كندى اولكسيندكى ديغر اولكلرين ساغليك وه يرل كونوميلرينى اولومسوز يونده تكيليجغينى كوسترييور.

この島で最も高い火山であるマウントが最後に噴火してから266年が経過しました。東部ホルの田園地帯で人口の少ない地域に位置し、火山は2日前に煙を出し始め、帝国中から火山学者の注目を集めました。数時間前に発生した噴火の開始段階で、煙は時が経つにつれて強度が増すだけでした。

オリスの町は南の約30マイル南にあります。約5000人が住む、それは典型的な西部の漁村を代表するものです。ここの経済は海と直接つながっています。確かに、ここの海岸はその資源のために海を収穫している様々なトロール船と他の船によって支配されています。しかし今日では、一人の人間を見ることはできません。氷河の冷たい水は荒涼としていました。ボートは魚を捕まえることはなく、男性はドックで叫ぶこともありません。町全体がの差し迫った噴火で封鎖されていたため、ここの人々への破片の灰の山が捨てられています。地方自治体は市民にマスクを発行し、室内に留まるように彼らに助言しました。それにもかかわらず、何人かの年配の住人は噴火を解消するようだった:

私は「73年間ここに住んでいました」その間、台風から無数の他の火山噴火まですべてを見ました。が原因です、だから何?また明日「水に戻ってきます」

それにもかかわらず、研究者は住民の楽観主義を共有していません。気象パターンは、風が火山灰をエポラン大陸に押し寄せ、飛行を接地し、その経路内の東部ハメントラ、ガイットランド、トレコ、ミチュ、その他の国々の健康や地域経済に悪影響を及ぼすことを示しています。

距離島上最高的火山 - 山最近一次爆發已有266年。這座火山位於霍爾東部農村和人口稀少的地區,兩天前開始吸煙,引起了帝國各地火山學家的注意。隨著時間的推移,煙霧的強度只會增加,噴發的開始階段就在幾分鐘前發生。

奧里斯鎮位於南部約30英里處。這裡有大約5000人,是典型的西部漁鎮的經典代表。這裡的經濟與大海直接相連。事實上,這裡的海岸主要是各種拖網漁船和其他船隻為其資源收割海洋。然而今天,沒有一個人可以看到。 的寒冷水域荒涼。沒有船隻捕魚,沒有人在碼頭上吵鬧。即將爆發的整個城鎮已經被鎖定,這可能會在這裡的人們的碎片上傾倒大量的灰燼。當地政府向市民發放口罩,並建議他們留在室內。即便如此,一些年長的居民似乎還是笑了起來:

我'在這裡生活了73年,'在那段時間裡,我看到了從颱風到無數其他火山爆發的一切。 到期了,那又怎樣?來我會回到水面上。“

然而研究人員並不贊同居民的樂觀態度。天氣模式表明,風將火山灰推向大陸,使飛機停飛並對東部以及其路徑內的其他國家的健康和當地經濟產生不利影響。

It has been 266 years since Mount Apitkä, the tallest volcano on the island of Eyjan, last erupted. Located in the rural and sparsely populated region of eastern Holnir, the volcano began to smoke two days ago, drawing attention from volcanologists from across the Empire. The smoke only grew in intensity as the hours passed, with the beginning stages of the eruption occurring just minutes ago.

The town of Orisämäki lies approximately 30 miles south of Mt. Apitkä. Populated by around 5,000 people, it is a classic representation of a typical western Hameentrish fishing town. The economy here is directly connected to the sea. Indeed, the coast here is dominated by various trawlers and other vessels harvesting the ocean for its resources. Today however, not a single person can be seen. The frigid waters of the Glacialis lay desolate. No boats scavenge for fish, no men clamor in the docks. The entire town had been put on lock down with the imminent eruption of Apitkä, which threatens to dump mountains of ash on debris on the people here. The local government issued masks to the citizens and advised them to stay indoors. Even still, some older residents seemed to chuckle off the eruption:

I have' lived here for 73 years, an' in that time, I've seen everything from typhoons to countless other volcanic eruptions. Apitkä is due, so what? Come tomorro' I'll be back on the water."

Nevertheless researchers do not share the optimism of the residents. Weather patterns indicate that the wind will push the volcanic ash towards the continent of Eporan, grounding flights and adversely affecting the health and local economies of eastern Hameentra, Geitland, Treko, Michu, and other nations within its path.

Copyright 2019 Brautarhólmur News
All Rights Reserved
Last edited by Kanadorika on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Celestial Election 2019

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:11 am

Daquan Fai, Election Broadcaster, 54.

By order of the Shensheng Empress, the first Celestial General Election was to take place at the end of March, rather than the first of January, to signify to the people real change was happening, as the reconstruction continued. Thankfully the Empress' personal wealth funded much of the reconstruction and the new infrastructure, as well as the committee that carved up the constituencies. It was drawn along the feudal districts of the Yonsheng Era, calculated an average size, then allocated a seat in parliament to represent that area in the parliament. This led to a staggering 1200 seats in parliament. However, 150 are empty seats, representing the disputed area of Gantsu. The CCBO, the Celestial Crown Broadcasting Organisation was established by the Empress' decree to serve as a function for news over her vast territories, and would provide electoral coverage. Funded by the Imperial Estates, and regulated by herself, as well as a committee of Lords, political scientists and random civilians to try to maintain a balanced political view. The Parliament itself was allocated a section of the Outer Court for it's meetings, The Hall of Destiny was granted to the Celestial House of the People, the main democratic body, where CMPs would be meet and vote.While the Chamber of the Stars was granted to the Celestial House of the Stake Lords, the regulatory body composed of the old landowning aristocracy. When the Empress' personal project was complete, I am told, the members of the Celestial Parliament will be housed by the Crown, in "The Greatest Structure to ever exist". I have my doubts, but the wealth of the Imperial Estates seems almost limitless.

Now, the election would be a long night, over two days, the people would vote locally for a representative in Parliament, and the government would form if a majority of five hundred could be reached, coalitions are expected, and encouraged at least for the time being, to promote unity. The Republic of Michu already had plans with this system, so it seems fit that the Empire would adopt them. The lights came on, and I prepared to host, with my co host, Mrs Hauo.

Well, a truly inspiring night. Today the Empire of Michu makes history, the first election in our history, to guide our nation's flame. And the CCBO will be here to experience the night with you all at home!

Yes, and the first results seem to be coming in, from the district of Fengxia! The votes coming in show a majority of 30 thousand to the Celestial Loyalist Party! The Member of Parliament for Fengxia, jubilant to serve his country, and gives a bow.

This went on until the morning, with the Celestial Loyalists and the PAF coming out the clear victors in the majority of the seats. The two expectedly formed a coalition, and invited the Michise Liberal Party to join. The new Lord Protector, from the CLP. Tukuang Quno!

An old loyalist, Quno represents the old regime well, but understands the need to reform. He stood on a platform of removing the Imperial Examination system, a pet project of his from before the regime fell, opening up the means of government to the people, as well as meaning there is less of a racial distinction between Soldeir and Michise. In it's place, an apprenticeship system would be placed, with links to universities, as well as just the regular population, who are willing to take up statecraft. He kept the CLP together, and served in the restoration war as a commander. Immensely popular in Shaotai, as well as in the Lords. Great unity is expected from his guiding hand.

Purple = CLP
Red = PAF
Green = MLP
Pink = MRP
Yellow = Gantsu and Kuwang absent seats.

This has been CCBO, with electoral coverage. Goodnight.

Tukuang Quno, Lord Protector of Michu,
I watched as every member of parliament took their seat. I experienced the thrill of victory several times, and look forward to serving her Majesty with all of you! My fellow Loyalists! To good times!

The CLP members of parliament cheered, the PAF clapped respectfully, as did the Liberals. I was pleased with their acceptance of the Imperial system, the will of the people must now be represented. I had pushed previously for some democracy, but this was beyond that I could have asked for. The economic system, drawn up by my Chancellor, Tai Hain, dubbed "Michu Syndicalism" blended capitalism with decentralised syndicalist economics, to provide a strong base for independent development, as well as cements the Empress' position as our guardian, forever. The next issues however, were twofold. The volcanic eruption in Kanadorikan territory. This provided a problem, but also an opportunity. A strong propaganda opportunity, and image is everything in democracy. I quickly put it to the House of the People, to provide immediate relief efforts and to accelerate the construction of new airports in the area, for when the eruption is over, Michise people will be able to experience the world directly. I wanted to open us up to tourism, for our prestige and our economy. The vote in parliament passed, with the CLP universally supporting it, and around half of the PAF abstaining, obviously not wanting to open us up to the world, while the Liberals supported by a margin of 90%. A situation to Gantsu however, would need to be provided once the reconstruction was complete. Diplomatic options are being explored.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁

Offer Erapia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Offer Erapia » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:27 am

official Erapian announcement

The Erapian government has officially announced and invites all nations to participate in the war games. This includes all branches such as the Navy, Army and Air Force. The premises of the games are to put opposing forces against each other in a mock battle. This will test the men and womens skill whilst also testing the technological advancements. While these games are mostly to see how things would go in a "what if" situation the games also perform as a fun and entertaining way for nations to test thier might without causing actual damage.

There are many scenarios from the Air Forces bomber escort and interception missions to the navies surface engagements and stealth operation. Even the army participates in face offs in squad v squad scenarios of there own. All out comes of the mock battles will be classified to the public as this is a military only exercise.

Caer Lyweld
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

The new isles after the reconquest

Postby Caer Lyweld » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:30 pm

After the reconquest of the rebel isles by caerian forces, the population of these isles received them without hostile acts or riots, and for two months the government made big restores of destroyed cities, built a military base and new ports to increase the trade traffic between the isles and another countries.
The caerian population praised the reconquest campaign and now is surging some rumours about the government planning to annex the old caerian lands in the continent. Nowadays there is located a Soviet Republic known as the Soviet Republic of Onysnisk (S.R.O.).
Now the kingdom is composed by 5 isles with 7 ethnicities united by same language, one God and one King. Glory to Caer Lyweld!
Last edited by Caer Lyweld on Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Caer Lyweld
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

The caerian-onysniskian history

Postby Caer Lyweld » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 am

During the barbarian invasions, the caerian people leaved the mainland to occupy some islands and built there the last defensive line against the barbarians. After two great battles the invaders opted for stay in the mainland.

Some centuries later the territory conquered by barbarians turned in four nations: Eligaarf Kingdom, Evaus Kingdom, Woshetrysk Republic and the Onysnisk Republic. These four nations had a weak relations and innumerable claims, causing a serie of wars and political crisis. The Onysnisk Republic was successful in your interests and annexed two other nations making the Evaus Kingdom your vassal.

After these conquests, the Onysnisk Republic tried to annex the Kingdom of Caer Lyweld but the onysniskian fleet was completely defeated by the caerian fleet, making them abandon this campaign and the caerian kingdom considering starts a campaign to reconquest the mainland.

But in 1922 happened the Red Revolution in the Onysnisk Republic turning it in the Soviet Republic of Onysnisk. After a series of events the relation with the caerian kingdom worsened and nowadays the onysniskians are considering starts a war with the caerian kingdom.
Last edited by Caer Lyweld on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Constitution, and Political Update.

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:57 pm

Tukuwang Qino, 68.

I was thoroughly enjoying my position as Lord Protector of the Empire, I wielded more legislative power than any citizen of Dominatus Leviathan, besides the Emperors of course. Given the Sceptre of Origin, and allowed to stay for my entire term in the Hall of Fates, in the Inner Court of the Forbidden City. No none eunuch had ever been granted such an honour, so I am eternally grateful. I spent my induction ceremony blindfolded, because of Imperial tradition that the Emperor was divine, and that while she was in the Forbidden City she could not be observed by anyone but her eunuchs or her maids. Once I was given my position, I spent the next few days in the Hall of Destiny with the Celestial Parliament, deciding what the new constitution should be. It was a long and tedious process, with the Liberals demanding high individual freedoms, but they were divided philosophically on negative and positive liberties. The Loyalists stood firmly with the negative liberty section, as it worked better with our Market Syndicalist economy. As such, the government took a much more capitalist approach to worker's rights issues, as well as economic regulations. The PAF pushed for recognition of Gantsu, as expected. I have noticed that by phrasing bills as a step towards the liberation of Gantsu, I can effectively push the PAF to vote for whatever I wish. They pushed for workers rights strongly though, and so I placed a basic minimum wage, and allowed tax funded construction of homes along the war torn rural communities in Hainen. The constitution would be divided into three main documents, blessed by the Empress once completed. The first, covers the spiritual matters of the realm, as well as the Empress' defined powers. She was very sceptical of the changes I proposed, but I convinced her with an emotional appeal. The second, being the political system. The Third defines the rights of the individual.

The First Civic Declaration
The First Section acknowledges that the Emperor's power is divine, through God and Heaven, as the divine representative on Earth, as such, permission is required from her for any citizen to observe them.

The Second Civic Declaration
The Section Section acknowledges that Parliament is subject to God, our Monarch, and our People. All citizens may vote for their representatives in the House of the People. The House of Commerce, is elected by representatives of Unions, Companies, as well as economists. They determine the economic will of the nation, and report production. The House of Lords, is hereditary, and church bishops. They are a regulatory chamber, and do not have the power to propose legislation.

Both the Houses of Commerce and People can suggest legislation. It then goes to the Lords, and then sent to the Empress for approval. She takes this role incredibly seriously, and must explain herself if a bill is denied, and how to improve the bill.

The Third Civic Declaration
The Third Civic Declaration deals with rights of citizens.

The First Blessing: The first blessing establishes the right to free speech for any citizen of Michu, to assemble, organise peacefully, free press, and lays out the process of rule of law.

The Second Blessing: The Second Blessing is a duty, ordained by the Lord, to protect the rights granted by the almighty. Every citizen must be prepared to fight for their liberties and their nation, firearms training in education is mandated, and each citizen is obligated to arm themselves when they come of age, unless they opt out voluntarily.

The Third Blessing: The Third Blessing grants protection to private property, from unreasonable seizure, and defence from aggression.

The Fourth Blessing: The Fourth Blessing grants freedom of religion to all citizens, though the Church of Dominatus Leviathan is still divinely ordained, and will continue it's role.

The Fifth Blessing: The Fifth Blessing states that all powers not granted to the government are granted to the Empress, who must grant them to either the people, or keep them to herself, by an unbiased jury.

The Sixth Blessing: The Sixth Blessing covers a sunset clause, renewing all laws besides the constitutional declarations and blessings, to ensure Michu remains relevant, and old laws do not get abused by the government.

Signed:
    Shensheng Empress.
    Iron Capped Lord Tukuwang Qino, Lord Protector of Michu
    Iron Capped Lord Shuko Tan, First Marshall of Michu
    Lord Chu Uin, Commander of the Pan Asian Faction, Servant of Michu.
    Lord Twan Du, Leader of the Michise Liberal Party, Servant of Michu.
    ET All Members of the Celestial Parliament, Servants of Michu.
Last edited by Dominatus Leviathan on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:19 am

ᛒᚱᛆᚢᛐᛆᚱᚼᚮᛚᛘᚢᚱ ᚠᚱᛂᚤᛐᛐᛁᚱ

Supersonic Airliner Enters Service

The Konvastar Þruma, shown here in Northurland Airways livery

April 23, 2019. Written by Markús Konráðsson | MarkusKonrasson@brautarfyettir.com | 1:30 pm

Over 16 years ago, the Kanadorikan aviation industry said goodbye to an old friend; the supersonic Lekhvad A-74. The nation's first supersonic transport aircraft (SST), the A-74 could fly at mach 2; more than twice as fast as a typical airliner. Today, the A-74 is being succeeded by a new, even faster aircraft.

The Konvastar Þruma (Thunderer) flies beyond mach 3, or over 2000 miles per hour, and will cut down flight time between Daegu and Brautarholmur. It is also considerably larger than its predecessor, capable of carrying 414 passengers in a wide-body cabin (in contrast, the A-74 was narrow-body).

The aircraft enters service with several Kanadorikan airlines, including Northurland Airways and Lofthvidovia, and will be sold to companies abroad.

Copyright 2019 Brautarhólmur News
All Rights Reserved

SYS-5
Civilian

Founded: May 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Trasition of National Power

Postby SYS-5 » Fri May 03, 2019 5:50 pm

The previous nation was removed and the Kingdom of Mu will now transfer power over to SYS-5. The Kindom name will not be affected, however. Citizens may carry on as usual.

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sat May 04, 2019 1:31 am

ᐃᓪᓚᖃᕆᒃ ᐊᑐᖅᑐᒥᓃᑦ
Covering the Avannarleq Territories and northern Northurland

2019 Winter Kanadorika Games Kick off Today in Illoqarfik

Downtown Illoqarfik

February 9, 2019. Written by Kuvageegai Takiyok | 12:30 pm

Today marks the opening ceremonies of the winter Kanadorika games, hosted here in our very own city of Illoqarfik. With dignitaries including the Northurlandic Queen Wi Jae-Joon, as well as Archduchess Lilija, representing the Empress, the games were celebrated by both native Illoqarfikians as well as Kanadorikan nationals from across the empire. some 4,426 athletes are participating in this years events, in sports ranging from cross country skiing, figure skating, to the Kanadorikan classic, Ice Hockey.

The Kanadorika games are hosted once every two years, with the summer and winter games alternating every four years. The games are open to all Kanadorikans from across the Empire, and this season is notable for being the first to welcome athletes from the newly acquired Kuwang and Yokoharan territories.

With a permanent metropolitan population of 18,168, Illoqarfik has grown considerably in size over the last several nights as tourists and spectators flock to observe the games. Several ice hotels; named such due to being constructed with ice, have been built, as well as more conventional accommodations.

ᓈᓚᐅᒻᒧᑦ ᑎᒃᑯᐊᒐᖅ 2019 ᐃᓪᓚᖃᕆᒃ ᐊᑐᖅᑐᒥᓃᑦ
All Rights Reserved
Last edited by Kanadorika on Sat May 04, 2019 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ezhara
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 28, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Ezhara » Thu May 09, 2019 6:37 pm

ZAKURA STANDARD

DARIUS BASHO'S ART TOTALS TO ONE MILLION ANZHEMS
By Sumizome Komache

DARIUS BASHO, the artist in question, created the above as a series of self-portraits. He is known for his light, ethereal shades, which he usually contrasts with brutal black streaks of ink throughout his pieces.
OOC: original by neulbaram for "DADARUMA"

When Darius Basho's parents married, they knew that they would have a child, yet it was only after months of failures that they succeeded. However, their joyous news was suddenly interrupted by a darker revelation — their son had inherited a near-lethal genetic condition, and they were told that he may not make it. However, they had refused to give up, and after several harrowing months of blood transfusions to ensure his survival, and on April 4, 2008, Darius Basho was born, mildly underweight and still afflicted by his blood condition, but otherwise born. At this success, his mother Lauren Basho says, "When we realized that, despite all of the pain and all of the suffering we had to go through for him, he had a shot at a normal life, that was enough. My husband and I both started absolutely sobbing when we saw him. But we knew that the transfusions wouldn't stop there."

To this day, Darius relies on monthly blood transfusions to keep him alive, yet he maintains a chipper tone to life. "Lots of people think I'm weird, or fragile, or whatever," he says as he eats a matcha green tea cookie, one of his favorite snacks, "But honestly, I just want to be seen as a normal person. Maybe I'll die sooner because of what I have, but all I care for is that maybe I can help you, you know? I think that's enough, and I think that's just better — I don't like when people are worried for me. It's kind of embarrassing." His bright pink blush as he says this is the only other shade of color in his otherwise monochromatic appearance, aside from his light, rose red hair. "I can't, say, run like most people, but that doesn't mean I'll never try."

His parents are highly supportive of his efforts, allowing him to engage in classes and local activities with few qualms. "We raised him to speak his mind," his father, Onuma Basho, recalls, "As much as Lauren and I worry about him collapsing or running out of energy because of his condition, we've always been surprised at just how durable he turns out to be." Be it fatigue, broken bones, or a volatile stomach, Darius's resilience despite his disease is certainly impressive, and he has become a well-loved member of a local soccer team, with his mother saying that he has been injured countless times. "He didn't wanna wait though. He got really embarrassed about the whole thing, actually — when we picked him up off of the field that day, he hid his face from us and said that he'll be fine in a bit. Obviously, he wasn't. But still, he insisted that he go to the games and practice to watch his team play."

As a renowned artist, though, it's sometimes hard for him to be treated normally. "I'm glad most of my teammates knew me before, you know, I became famous," he smiles fondly at a long-gone era, "They don't ask for my autograph or for art or anything really. Whenever I see them, we just smile, give a high five, and keep going. I'm glad they know me as just Darius or Dari. We're really close like that."
His team, known as the Owari Phoenixes, have another prominent artist in their midst: Al d'Olea, a dancer known as the "Sacrosanct Prince", a good friend of Darius, and a boy with a blood condition of his own. "Darius and I joined around the same time, when we were, like, five. I remember when I first saw him, I wondered why he was so pale, and I was actually kind of scared of that! But he was honestly really nice when I got to know him. We're best friends now!"

For the other, less renowned members, having this duo as peers can certainly be daunting, with many of them admitting that it is rather difficult talking with them for fear of it being taken the wrong way. However, both boys have made it clear that, as members of the soccer team, their other friends shouldn't feel so apprehensive. "I don't like to be treated differently than others," Darius has told the rest of his team time and time again, "I really hope that we can just be friends, and honestly, I feel more offended that it's harder to be honest with me just because of that. I hope we can become closer, though, now that we both know."

These sorts of conflicts of acceptance and identity are one of the recurring themes of Darius's artwork, many of which feature him as a sort of signature somewhere in the picture, yet always just out of frame. "I want to be around, but I don't want to be the focus," he comments as he creates his next painting, The Cat and the Moon, a grayscale monochrome, "I'm not in this one yet. I always put myself in last, and I'm just in the drafting phase anyway. It's just that I guess it doesn't feel right for me. I don't like being first or in front or anything like that. I'm just… here to help, you know?"
He smiles as he draws a crater on the moon, and it is hard not to smile when he does. As he drew it, he began to tell a story of when he and Al had tumbled into one another, "and we were so bloody by the end of it that all I could do, really, was laugh. And when I started, so did Al, and the rest of the team did too. Well, until he got into the stretcher and realized just how badly he got hurt."

After a short while of simply watching him draw and paint, I was thrown out of my amazement artwork when he offered me tea. Thinking little of it, I agreed with a smile of my own, only for him to excuse himself to go change. "I think it'll be better with a bit of ceremony, you know?" he smiled at me, and my confusion melted away when I saw his beautiful grin. Soon enough, he led me to the small teahouse in his garden in a black robe, bowing as I came to the steps of it with his paintbrush-umbrella on his shoulder — I was impressed that a child so young was able to perform such sophisticated ceremonies, but perhaps I shouldn't have been so surprised, considering his already prodigious artwork. Still, not many children could boast of selling their work for so collective millions, so his knowledge of tea ceremonies was just another example of how perfect, I suppose, he was.

"Take off your shoes and socks and wash your hands, and then you can come in," he told me, and despite obliging immediately, I had to pause for a moment as I came to realize just how freely I was listening to his orders. Rather, I felt relieved, almost, that someone like him existed, that someone like him would be around to help lead us into the future. As I entered, I paused to allow myself to take in the sights: to my sides, shelves adorned with priceless porcelain; a set of four bamboos in the corners around the center heart; a hanging scroll with the word for blood just opposite a scroll of ephemerality; and then another scroll with the word for health just opposite that of hope. On the opposite wall was an enormous painting flanked by climbing jasmine, and something about it froze me as I stepped inside. Something about the way ink bled forth from both him and his doll's eyes unsettled me, and I whispered a silent prayer that he would be protected. It didn't look like the painting could protect him, nor the doll it depicted.

OOC: original by neulbaram for "DADARUMA"

"This is one of my few self-portraits," he told me as he set his paintbrush onto the low table in the center, perfectly straight and with its brush end pointing towards me. Then, he began bringing assorted foods and drinks to our table, gesturing for me to sit on the other side, "I have the original doll right here." He turned a daruma doll on his side, with only its right eye filled in, towards me, and when its front came into view, he closed his own right eye, as though in imitation of it, leaving two empty, white eyes staring back at me. I asked what his wish was, expecting the perfectly reasonable response that he wanted to be normal. He turned the doll back around, leaving his eye still closed, and then looked back up at me with a smile. "My wish?" he began as he passed me a sakura mochi and put one near his mouth, "That nobody would care about me."

He laughed at my shocked reaction as he lit the hearth behind him. "Sorry, guess I put that wrongly," he told me, "Hmm, hold on the water's a day old. Can't use that!" He grabbed the pot and walked to an ornate fountain at his side, using it to fill his pot with water. "I meant to say that I didn't want people to worry for me," he put the water over the hearth and turned back to me, rolling back his sleeves as he poured small glasses of sake for the two of us, "I get embarrassed easily, especially when it's because of my condition. It's not something that I ever worry about, so I don't really get why other people do." He stayed silent for a moment, staring at the lush, bush-like arrangement of osmanthus in front of us, still fragrant and fresh.

He stayed silent as he closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and then pulled his sleeves down with precise motions, exposing a string of mahogany red prayer beads on his right and a string of matcha green jade ones on his left. His left hand drifted towards a navy-blue hemp cloth adorned with flowers at his side and pulled it out with a slow, deliberate motion. He held it aloft in the air with his left hand, and I watched as he unfolded it and let its side fall onto his hand, followed by him straightening it out and holding it vertically with one eye open. From his left side, his left hand pushed into the middle of it and pulled the fabric on the other side in. After that, he let it lie horizontally in front of him, and then folded the cloth with his right hand, tracing a line down the middle of the now-triangular fabric and then pushing its edge into his hand, wrapping his fingers in it.

He gripped the cloth and slid his left hand out, followed by him pushing the dangling fabric inwards, towards his right hand, while his other eye opened and his hands clasped together, with the fabric now held within like a scoop of water. He held it slightly in front of him, shaking it once and causing his prayer beads to accompany it with an almost divine presence. A refreshing wind, perhaps invoked by his beads, suddenly blew into the room, and I could not help but feel as though I was in some sort of paradise as the pale Darius gazed at me with the fabric in his hand, silent as the wind blew about the dove orchids that were planted near the bamboos.

Four gentle motions later, the tea caddy, tea scoop, tea whisk, and tea bowl were laid in front of him on the table, and he turned around to the heart behind him with his cloth, which he dipped into the small steaming pool at his side. Another four gentle, deliberate motions later, he cleansed all of his implements with his damp cloth, which smelled faintly of jasmine. As I analyzed him, it seemed that, with each movement of his fingers, each movement of his kimono, each movement of his hands, he was in some way representing his life and Suzaraigan tradition through each motion, all of them intended and consciously made.

He looked at me, and suddenly I felt as though I had known him for years, and that we were dear acquaintances rather than just a celebrity and journalist. His deep, honest gaze made me unconsciously reflect on what I had done throughout my own life, of the countless sakura trees that I had walked under and grown under, yet I could not help but realize that someday I would have to bid them adieu as well. When would that be? As I pondered, I felt myself urged onward by Darius's silent curiosity, not necessarily reading my mind, but rather seemingly absorbing my emotions, as though his weren't quite enough for him or weren't quite enough for his art.

"Next step," he whispered out, yet in the silent, serene room, I was overwhelmed by its marvelous authority that was not unlike an Ezharan Mascot's, "Oh! Sorry, that slipped out. Please forgive my mis-de-mea-nor." He bowed his head low, nearly into the table as his usual smile broke into a pleading frown — for once, his usual sophisticated air had broken as he had to slow down to pronounce misdemeanor, but I only found it endearing as I simply nodded and smiled, discarding the moment and urging him onward. His own grin returned, and he closed his eyes as he turned around to scoop out water from the pot behind him, his fingers wrapping around the scoop with a gentle grasp. After pouring it into the tea bowl, he plucked a single osmanthus petal and dropped it inside the cup, then began whisking it, his movements still as slow and deliberate as ever.

As he did this, his other hand began drifting downwards and extracted two lacquered bamboo cups made to resemble a piece of bamboo. When he at last finished whisking the tea, he drank his glass of sake, and I followed, watching as he put lone osmanthus petals into the bamboo cups, shook his kimono sleeves downward, took off his prayer beads in two swift motions, and put them around the cups, setting them to our sides. "What an interesting habit," I muttered out, and he smiled in response.
"It's my family's tradition. Or, well, my mom's grandmother's and her side," he closed one eye; it seemed to be a peculiar habit of his, "My parents aren't nearly so traditional. It's mainly been me. When we have guests over, it's usually me that has to do tea ceremonies, but I don't mind. I really do like doing them."

I understood. His parents' generation, and thus mine as well, simply did not appreciate tea ceremonies as much. Perhaps it was the increasing pace of the world's increasing pace that made it impossible, yet Darius seemed accustomed to this speed, having grown up in this world. He could afford this sort of time-consuming activity, for he was better attuned to the rapid pace. He was the sort of person who made the best use of any time he got, because he knew each fleeting second was especially ephemeral for someone like him. It was truly impressive just how well he balanced and managed his time, but it was how he had received his new title of Burning Doll: he made such a beautiful spectacle, like a bonfire of dolls, and as I realized this, I could not help but glance at the daruma doll. As I had seen earlier, only one of its eyes was filled in, and I wondered when he might fill in the other.

"Would you like me to tell you the story?" he smiled, picking a whole osmanthus flower and letting it dance and weave around his fingers. The peace he regarded it with was intoxicating, and it took me a moment to break free from it and nod. "I love to tell it," he passed the green tea to me, "I'll tell you while you drink, 'kay?" He beamed, hands on his knees and tilting his head in such an endearing way that my hands nearly dropped the cup before I took my first sip.
Like a doll. Complete perfection. Yet something told me that he would be just as ephemeral as one, and my hands shuddered as I came to this revelation.
"I haven't even started yet!" he smiled even more, somehow, yet it dropped into a grimace, "Hey, don't cry, don't cry, please!" Panic flashed in his eyes, a panic like a man seeing a car heading towards him. I forced myself back into my calm, collected composure, and reassured him with a smile, which he returned.

"Sorry," I offered a gracious bow of my head, feeling the osmanthus brush against my hair.
"No, no! You really shouldn't worry," he chuckled a little, and my head floated back up, "I know it's tradition, but… I'm just a kid. A dying one at that." He looked away with a resigned smile. "I've known for a long time." A pause. "Right, the story…"
"So this blood problem's been around in my family for a long time. I'm the first to make it beyond childhood with the worst kind," he looked around at the artifacts strewn about the room, at the orchids, and at the bamboos, "But someone tried to. I think it was early in the 1500s, with one of my great-great-great-something grandma. She had three children who survived, but on the fourth, they had ended up with my condition."

"She didn't want to give them up, though," he held the osmanthus flower in his hand, as though examining a precious life within his fingers, "So, she talked with a wise old man… King Zakura, the Suzaraigan Court. I think you know of him." Disappointingly, I shook my head no — it was the one thing I could not remember, and the only reason why I did not receive a perfect score on one of my high school finals. Darius laughed at me, an almost staccato "ha ha ha ha," but it wasn't hostile or mocking. "You adults are all the same, huh? Come on, there's no shame in not knowing!" he threw the petal into the air, picked up his paintbrush, and dipped it into an inkwell beneath the table. Positioning his hand beneath the flower, he thrust it up into the flower, letting its black ink splatter onto it and render it all a sorrowful black.

"When I don't know," he began, "I say, 'Tell me! I wanna know!' When an adult doesn't know, they're always trying to figure out how to… excuse themselves. Seem smart. Keep up what people think of them. But for me…" I drank from the cup, letting the osmanthus petal flutter down my throat with the rest of the hot, decadent matcha tea. I could intuit that the leaves were the highest quality available, yet in the presence of Darius, it made me feel humbled, almost like he was some sort of emperor. "For me, I don't have enough time for that. I wanna know. I wanna learn. I wanna be. I wanna live… free," he set down his paintbrush, letting its ink drip into a small basin at my side, "My parents raised me to dream. To imagine. To think. I don't care for limitations, because I'm a kid!"

"The only people who told me that I can't do this or that I can't do that were adults. Everyone else, like Al? They didn't care, We're kids, how are we supposed to know?" he said, his normally cheery tone tainted with contempt as a small glass of osmanthus wine appeared from beneath him, "Well, they were wrong. I proved that." He paused as he took a graceful sip from the bottle, as though some sort of monk. "Right, the story… King Zakura said to drink the wine of osmanthus until she gave birth, and to dilute it heavily. One per day, just a small glass. He appointed his court doctor to help her out, and each day she drank osmanthus," he glanced down at the bottle with a victorious smile, "Well, it kind of worked. Her kid was born, and she named him Giu after the osmanthus that saved him, but he only got to live for around three years." He sighed, and then glanced up. "As far as we know, she didn't grieve. Heck, she kind of… she was kind of thankful. She realized that she should appreciate what little life everyone has. And, well, as I'd like to say of myself one day."

I took another sip of the green tea, emptying the cup. "They lived happily, ever, after," he took the cup back and put it to his side, "What do you think? Are you glad you didn't know?" I nodded, and his staccato laugh ringed out in delight. "See! That wasn't so hard, and you liked me telling you about it!" he used another hemp cloth under the table to cleanse the tea bowl as I hid my sheepish grin in my hand, "What? Are you embarrassed?"
"No… yes, yes I am."
"That's fine, come on, come on!" he turned around and tossed more charcoal into the hearth, and then, very suddenly, took the Daruma doll off of the table, regarding it with an almost careless eye, "Guess I better say goodbye to this."
"What do you mean?"

He took out his paintbrush, filled in the eye, and then threw the Daruma doll into the fire, not even bothering to glance back, even as its ink flew with it like a black rain. I looked at him as though he was mad. "What? Oh, that's another tradition, but it's one I made," he explained, taking out a blank doll, "Let's see... " He dipped his brush into the inkwell, and then returned to the doll, one eye closed and his tongue out as he concentrated on how exactly to paint it. When he at last decided, he swept his brush in a swirl, filling in the eye and then twirling it back around so that I could see his handiwork. "You know, I don't ever complete the other eye," he said, putting his left elbow on it as his right elbow held his paintbrush, which was angled just so that its ink dripped out into the basin, "Today… today was special. I have to thank you, you know?"

"No, thank you. The tea was wonderful," I looked up and closed my eyes, trying to find some beautiful poetry to match it, but his earnest grin and gaze muddled my mind. I couldn't think. Or, rather, I didn't want to, not with him. He wanted, despite all these formalities and ceremonies and traditions, some manner of simplicity. That it was "wonderful" was enough.
He smiled as I opened my eyes and looked back at him. "Hmm, do you smoke? I don't but…"
"No… it taints my lungs," I said — I genuinely found the purported aroma of tea ceremony incense and smoke to be intolerable. He nodded in response, and then excused himself, getting up with the grace of a monk.

He returned with a pair of ornate porcelain plates, both ferrying sterling silvers forks and luxuriant osmanthus cakes on top of them: they had a floral pattern on top, and their translucent interior had autumnal shades and leaves. When he reached the table, he gave me one and put one on his side, but put his hand in front of him, telling me to wait for a moment. He took my tea bowl, grabbed another from his side, and turned around. He filled both bowls with water, filled both with matcha powder, and whisked them. Just before giving them to the two of us to drink, he put them on the table in front of him and dropped a single osmanthus petal in both. When he passed it to me, my tea bowl was on my left and his on his right, and vice versa for our cake plates. Then, with a solemn grin and closed eyes, he held his hands in prayer, and I followed, not certain if there was something I was supposed to be reciting.

"Is there something I'm supposed to say?" I asked, deciding to endorse his idea of free curiosity.
"No, it's mostly me," his eyes opened while he spoke, "But I'm glad you asked, and joined in!" I smiled, and when he removed his hands, he nodded, indicating that we could begin eating. Having not eaten my lunch yet, I obliged, cutting off a piece of osmanthus cake and letting first its sweet, exquisite aroma intoxicate me, reminding me of the mountain monasteries that dotted the Suzaraigan cliffs. From there, we harvested most of our osmanthus, which didn't grow nearly as well elsewhere; indeed, myths claimed that osmanthus was the product of the attempts from the monastery's spirits to enter the physical world, yet they simply became aromatic flowers. To be smelled or eaten, to them, then became honor enough, and I felt thousands of years of tradition resonate through me.

The taste was just as wonderful — it was just soft enough that it melted into my mouth, yet just firm enough that it did not become soup. Each time I chomped down on it was a pleasure in itself, and its piquant sweetness fused with the osmanthus aroma. For a short while, I could not force myself to eat it any faster, for its wondrous taste was simply too overwhelming for me, even with all the stately visits and epitome-class foods I had already consumed. Perhaps it was by bonding with Darius that I felt that this cake, which was arguably just as ephemeral as him, was the best piece of food that I had ever eaten. When I at last swallowed it, I set my fork down and took a sip of the green tea, letting its pleasant warmth chase down the soft cake.

When we at last finished, I felt satisfied, and that there was no need for me to eat my lunch. Something about what Darius had offered me was enough to fill me for a lifetime; perhaps it had been the value of our bonds, which seemed to enrich my very soul, filling me with a strange vigor. I realized just what little time I had, but he snapped me out of my thoughts with a smile, as he held out the turquoise tea bowl to me, his hand wrapped in a thick navy-blue cloth. When I received it, I quickly noticed a peculiar asymmetry in the flower on front and how the wisps floating all around it had small dots where the paint had dried and missed it near their tail ends — it was just slightly more of an ellipse than a circle, too. "This bowl…"

"The imperfections, right?" he asked, and I nodded, "That's supposed to be there. We call it Bowl Kegare. It's an old family artifact. Real old. The artist that made it got distracted by osmanthus flowers blowing into his workshop. It's happened to me once or twice, funny enough, but I kept the mistroke in. Those were some of my most famous pieces, actually, think they came out three years ago."
"Remembrance and Head Desk, right?"
He nodded and laughed a little to himself. "Yes, those two. Most people didn't notice it at first, but when they did… they loved it even more. I don't know why. It's… not supposed to be there, and it's the first thing I notice whenever I see them. Hard not to, for me."
"You may just be too hard on yourself, I'm sure it's fine. If anything, I guess it's a bit of personality to your work, right? Some way to tell people that you're more than just some artist."

"Maybe, maybe," he sighed, "It really doesn't fit in there, though." He paused. "I'm worried… I wonder if it's out of pity. That they don't want to admit that it's a mistake, but that they can't just tell a dead kid that. I want people to be honest with me."
I was silent as I reanalyzed the bowl, and suddenly the asymmetry and the dots felt a bit much. Sure, it did give it personality, but in terms of actual beauty? It just didn't work compared to the rest of the bowl's smooth beauty. Naturally, I thought back to those two paintings, and I saw what he meant: it was now near impossible for me to focus on the rest of it now that I knew of its mistake. As small as it was, I knew that stroke, as much as it added a sense of depth and detail to it, just didn't work with the rest of Darius's art.
It just wasn't himself. He was fond of light, airy strokes that gave his paintings a sense of half-filled color, and the sudden mistrokes of vibrant, solid color made it feel like those pieces weren't even his.

He interrupted me from my thoughts with the tea scoop, and I passed back the tea caddy so that I could have room for the new object, which was carved from a single piece of bamboo and capped with some sort of peculiar material wrapped around a tiny emerald. "What is this made of? I have never seen this material before."
"Mushroom leather. The scoop is a bit more of a recent item, I think we got it a few years ago." Despite what he said, the end of the scoop was stained a light green from constantly being used to dip into matcha, yet its handle was as good as new. "Why mushroom leather?" I asked, holding the item at its middle so that I could examine the handle, "Sounds like a peculiar material…"
"Saw it in the store, just thought it'd make a good tea scoop," he shrugged, "Mushroom leather just sounded kind of cool, anyway, and you know how my parents are… I love them, and they love me, but sometimes I wonder if there will come a time that we'll love each other just a bit too much."

I passed back the tea scoop and received the tea caddy, a precious orange porcelain box with jade knots on each of its sides, in turn bordered by outcrops of porcelain where the sides joined with the top and bottom. "Careful, it's still full of matcha," he warned me. I lifted the porcelain lid off with a careful hand, watching as matcha powder poured out and nearly obscured my hand in a thick green fog, "Yeah, that happens too." I nodded, and I paused as the aroma of green tea stunned me, while my eyes drifted down, toward the lush dark green of the fine matcha grains that I could now appreciate in greater detail. It was obviously of only the most exquisite quality that money could find, or perhaps Darius's family had grown it themselves, what with their wide array of connections. Chances were, they knew a tea master or two.

"My parents say it was traditionally prepared, but I've tasted normal premium quality," he began, his eyebrows furrowed in a sort of worried expression, "There's barely any difference. Guess it's just their way of trying to look even richer than we already are." He chuckled, looking around at the room. "I don't get what the point is. Matcha like this, I'll drink it and forget it in the end. Same with you, right?" I shook my head no. "I doubt it. You can buy this stuff at any luxury market," he said, and as though to prove his point, he began preparing another bowl of matcha, still with the same deliberate motions, but faster and with an air of futility.

He finished the next bowl and downed it all, a drop of green tea dripping down his chin as he pulled it away. "See? Gone in a second," he wiped his chin with a green rag intended for wiping away stains of matcha green tea without it being visible on itself, "Funny story. You know the items tradition? Where you lay a bunch of junk in front of a baby and they grab the one they like? I didn't bother with any of them. Ask my parents for the video — I literally slapped the tray and started crying. I didn't want to. I didn't care for anything they could give me. I wanted them, more than anything." He smiled. "I don't ask for much, except for opportunity and love. My art supplies aren't even that high quality, did you know? I bought it from the same store that anyone else buys their art supplies, it's nothing wonderful. I've used good watercolor and I've used premium, and I don't see any difference in the end. Maybe I'm just bad at using better things. Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!"

Last was the tea whisk. "You won't need the cloth for this, I'll be throwing it away later, anyway… or maybe not. Maybe I'll keep it to remember you."
"That's so sweet," I said as I held the whisk with the cloth anyway, smiling as I inspected its nondescript design.
"I like to keep any whisks that I use for just one-on-one meetings. I still have the one from when I first met Al in a tea ceremony when we were seven. I only have around three right now, but… Yeah, I'll definitely keep yours."
"Do you paint or decorate the whisks that you keep?"
"Hmm? No, I don't. It's not really… accurate is the way to put it, I guess. If I paint it, I'll think that I made it, but I wouldn't have made it by myself. Whoever else was in the room plus I made it, " he shrugged, taking out a small bamboo cup from below and filling it with osmanthus wine, which he swiftly downed with his usual monk-like elegance.

He reached for the tea whisk, and I gave it back to him wrapped in its cloth. "Thank you," he said, bowing and brushing against the osmanthus in the flower vase in front of him, "for this oppu-opportunity. It was an honor to be interviewed. Do you have other questions." He smiled as the two of us began to rise.
"Yes, I do. What… did you ever do with the money?" one of his eyes opened as he kept smiling at me.
"Donated it all away, of course," he explained as he began putting the tea ceremony implements away, "My family's been rich. We don't need anything more — that's what my parents taught me. 'We are nobles, and that means we are just noble people,' they say. They tell me that I should take care of people, and… it feels great, honestly. Plus, I'd rather see my money doing something useful other than sit in the bank or whatever. Not like I'll be seeing it anyway, even if I grow to be a hundred."

"What makes you say that?"
"It's just that…" he paused, sighing. He glanced at his bottle of osmanthus wine, considering pouring himself a bit more, but decided against it and instead ate a piece of ginger candy that he had left at his side. "Ever since I've been young, I've been feeling like… I've been feeling like, umm… how do I put this?" A lifeless hand took the Daruma doll, set it in front of him with his left elbow on top, and closed his right eye, the same side as the eye that was painted in. "Sorry if this doesn't sound right to you, but I've honestly felt like I was going to die since I could think, but I never really recognized that it was bad or weird or anything like that. I just felt like I've always been on a timer. That's why I work so hard: because I won't know when it's over for me."
"Poetic," I nodded, "But I don't think you should worry! I'm sure you'll live a nice, lo—"
"Everyone says that. Maybe I hope that, too, but… I can't shake it off, no matter what I do," he plucked a petal off of the osmanthus, "Have you heard Sherry sing that song before?"

"'Boku o Sonna Me de Minaide?' No, thankfully."
"You think it's cursed too, huh? Well, I can't blame you… everyone thinks it's bad. But me? I love it, and if you believe everyone else, that's not a good sign," he shrugged with a frown, "I listen to it before I go to sleep. When my parents played it by accident when I was a toddler, I was screaming when they turned it off. I've had Sherry sing it to me once, but that was when I almost died when Al & I got hit by a car. Heh, that was such a stupid day." I squinted at his peculiar word choice. "Stupid's accurate, what else can I say? Everyone thought that we were going to die, but we're fine now." He sighed again, crossing his arms in annoyance. "That song… I really do love it. It's really relatable to me."

I was shocked at his strange answers, and at that, he began to blush, looking away from me. "Hey! D-don't look at me in that way, or I'll be embarrassed, " my shock turned to terror, "Really, please don't!" I shook my head, blinking twice as a pained smile returned to me. Then, for a sort while, silence as the two of us stared at one another. "So uh… you have any more questions?"
"Hmm… does Al, by any chance, happen to share the same opinions?"
"That life is too short for us, and that we'll both die young?" he smiled, his tone indicating that he didn't really take it seriously, "No, he doesn't, and I'm glad." I nodded and left the tea room, with him not far behind me. After watching him paint and thinking of all the things that we had discussed, I left.

I too hoped that he would live a long life, but the lyrics from the song he said he loved would not stop pervading my thoughts. I felt like I had come to learn of him as nothing more than a professional task, but instead it seemed what he said and what he believed was much more profound, and I was ashamed I had to learn of such things from a child. When I went to sleep later that night, I began to wonder: what if I died that night? Or what if my sister, Sumizome Megan, died? Had we done everything we could have, or had we squandered most of our time on the needless?
When I woke up the next day, I reminded my sister that I loved her during breakfast, receiving a bemused smile that showed she was hoping that it wasn't some other type of love. When I gave her an enigmatic smile, she seemed to immediately intuit what had happened, and she turned back to her Inari sushi.

What have you done today? We may not have the same prodigious talent as him, but we can still use what little time we have effectively.
Last edited by Ezhara on Wed May 26, 2021 10:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
Puppet of Shwe Tu Colony
Current status: tolkien larp
Convenience OOC doc from Shwe for my access.
Cherissime amis! Welcome to Ezhara — perhaps you might call it the land of prodigy, where the youth, fated to take upon the mantle of our legacy, are taught to love their passion, their childhood incroyable, destined to resonate forever within their hearts to create that brighter future, whether resurrecting from the bygone ashes of a past, or maintaining their gold ascendant.

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 am

東日本ネットワーク
Higashi News Network

信頼できるニュース

YOKOHARA ADMITTED AS EMPIRE'S SEVENTH NATION

Fireworks celebrate the nationhood of the new Kanadorikan Yokohara

BREAKING- The Imperial Kanadorikan Government has officially granted the status of nationhood to Yokohara today, giving the new nation a considerable degree of sovereignty within the Kanadorikan Empire. Internal management within the nation is up to the Yokoharans themselves, who have decided on a democratic parliamentary approach to government, distinguishing the nation from its neighbor Northurland, where the Monarchy and its appointed governors select members of the national Parliament.

This makes Yokohara rather unique within Kanadorika, where democracy is for the most part limited. It also makes Yokohara the second nation in the Empire to not have a national monarchy, alongside the Commonwealth of Polynesia. Nevertheless candidates for office in Yokohara must be members of the Peoples Party to be eligible for government positions.

Yokohara was annexed from the former nation of Japan following a short war which ended in the favor of Kanadorika. The land was administered by Northurland for sometime while discussions on the region's future took place, with the conclusion that full nationhood would be the best choice for the people of the region and the Empire as a whole.

Kanadorikan Kuwang, of which the north was ceded to Michu, remains a Domionion of the Kingdom of Northurland.

もっとイベント

Image 13°
Search

Copyright 2019
All Rights Reserved

Zkoda
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

First Zkoddish Offensive

Postby Zkoda » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:27 pm

ZKODAN NATIONAL WAR REPORTS

Head of the Army, Field Marshal and practically second in command of the Zkodan reunification movement, Arnym Kregory has ordered an early offensive against Zweldwald. Yesterday he explained all in a press conference

F.M. Kregory

“Welcome, thank you all for coming,
as most of you should know we are in a state of war, but up until this point there weren’t skirmishes but today we’ll put an end to that, Ladies and Gentlemen I am proud to announce our first offensive against Zweldwald, our main enemy. With their superior industry and larger population they pose the largest threat to our movement, therefore I have decided it would be best to launch a preemptive strike upon the enemy, as we speak the army marches into the enemy land”

A young Journalist interrupts

“Well, don’t you think it is a bad idea to start an offensive while our head of state, Master General Kranz is absent ?”

F.M. Kregory

“First of all do not interrupt me in the middle of my speech, second of all of no, I do not believe that his absence is in any way negative for our efficiency, rather positive I would say. His often loud and obnoxious presence is often very bad for my and my colleagues’ concentration, therefore his absence is one of our advantages, now, where was I ? Ah yes, our troops are marching into Zweldwald as we speak, their objective is not to capitulate Zweldwald but rather damage their infrastructure and industry to get them into a more equal situation, it is not our intention to shed blood upon any civilians, it has been my strict order to treat the civilians well and keep property damage to a minimal.
Any Questions ?”

a mid aged journalist

“Can we be presented with the plans of the attack ?”

F.M. Kregory

“Of course”

a beamer is opened and the room goes dark

“This is our plan for the first phase, our first and second regiments will strike from north while third attacks from the south, once they are in position the industrial zones will be within their reach, they'll then start the long range bombardment of the facilities with the left over Trekkish heavy artillery, the bombs will be of high explosive kind, we will priorly war the cities to evacuate the area so that we can bomb the factories with minimal damage to civilian or enemy life, we will wage a humane war against our cultural, ethnic and linguistic brothers for we one day hope to come together and unite ! Any other questions”

there were some other trivia questions (example: troop number) but Field Marshal’s answer was the same; classified information

M.F. Kregory stood up after the last question was answered

“Again, thank you all for taking your time to attend the conference and before you leave I must ask you one very important thing; as you know Zweldwaldans are capable of reading our papers, their diversion from proper Zkodian tongue is only in their weird way of pronunciation after all, so therefore I ask you to not publish this news until the the bombardment of the factories has begun”

the conference was over

Today’s report on the offensive

The armies were greeted by minimal resistance, Zweldwald couldn’t put together an army yet, at least a significant one, there wasn’t any force to put against the Zkodan forces that marched in, the local populace really didn’t cared about how the place they lived were named now anyway, they all were a united province before the dissolution after all, people didn’t really cared about which movement of the Zkodish people they were under, they rather were worried about food rations and etc.
Once the artillery was at positions a warning shot was fired to an open field, and soldiers sent to the city to warn civilians and evacuate the zone, the evacuations lasted the whole day and only now, in the evening hours can the bombardment of Industrial centres begin and the first few hours have been according to plan

Kanadorika
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:13 pm

Broadcasting across the Greater Hallursvik metro area

HIGHSPEED MAGLEV RAILWAY PLANNED BETWEEN GEITLAND AND MICHU

Map of the Geitlandic phase of the project, running from Hallursvik before terminating in Velingrad

June 30, 2019. Written by Markús Konráðsson | MarkusKonrasson@brautarfyettir.com | 1:30 pm

The Kanadorikan and Michise governments have come to an agreement to build a high speed MAGLEV railway between the two nations, the first of its kind at this scale. Whereas the Þorláksvík-Brautarhólmur Corridor is a similar MAGLEV railway, this will be the first system built between two nations.

The project is divided into two phases; the Geitlandic phase, running between Geitland and the former Trekkish capital of Velingrad, and a Michise phase connecting Velingrad to Michu. Because of the collapse of the Trekkish state, the Kanadorikan and Michise governments have been negotiating with its successor states to obtain local funding for the project in return for access to the railway.

Hallursvik

The railway will begin in Hallursvik. The largest city in Kanadorikan Geitland, it sits along the shores of Lake Betri. Running underground the city's skyline, the railway transitions above ground outside of the city center and becomes an elevated railway until leaving the Hallursvik metropolitan area, where it becomes ground level.

Beitilandið

After running through miles of agricultural land, the railway enters the metropolitan region of the city of Beitilandið; the capital of the Hvidovian Canton of Geitland. It once more transitions to an elevated railway, and finally a subterranean railway in the downtown district before surfacing and leaving the city. From here, the railway travels northeast, continuing through agricultural fields before entering the sparsely developed Geitlandic boreal forest.

Ültzburg

The railway crosses the border into the unrecognized state of Zkoda, continuing through the vast northern forests. From here, it leads to the city of Ültzburg, capital of the young Trekkish successor state, though an old and storied city in its own right. After stopping in the central district of the city, it continues through the countryside.

Velingrad

The final leg of the Geitlandic phase of the railway leads to the city of Velingrad, the massive capital of the former nation of Treko and its largest city. The Geitlandic phase officially ends at Velingrad Station, afterwhich the Michise government is responsible for the railway.

Copyright 2019 Hallursvik News
All Rights Reserved
Last edited by Kanadorika on Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Draitan
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Draitan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:06 pm

Laws of protection of the environment, jah! what is that?

That is the meme that has become viral in the social networks of the country after the Minister of Economy has approved the felling of hundreds of trees for the construction of a new industrial shoe complex.
Many environmentalists were wounded in a protest held days ago to stop the construction of the industrial complex, the protest had managed to stop the construction until a paramilitary endowment swept rubber bullets to environmentalists in the area.
This led to such discontent on the part of the population that the leader took letters in the matter, forcing the minister to prepare an environmental recovery project after the factory has been completed.
This ended with a happy ending but some of the environmentalists denounce that this will only delay the process and that really more radical decisions must be taken.

The news of Draitan, the number one virtual newspaper in the country
Last edited by Draitan on Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominatus Leviathan
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Michu-Geitland Train line

Postby Dominatus Leviathan » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:45 pm

帝国新闻

我的米楚帝国人, My people of Michu.

The Michise-Geitland Magnetic Railway

"It is in the economic, and political interests of the Empire, and the Celestial Parliament, that the Empire's mighty resources be directed to the construction of a magnetic railroad, spanning from the capital, to Henshang, to Kanadorikan Geitland! Our dedication to this project will be rewarded with increased trade with our closest ally, and tourism will increase by several magnitudes. Cultural studying will become ever more simple. The Dark Purple Banner has been assigned to guard the construction areas in our jurisdiction, between the state of Ral, and the border city of Qiqin. It will then continue to expand into the depths of our country, allowing us to be ever more interconnected."

This is a section of the Empress' speech, regarding the organisation of the new Railway Department, operating out of Henshang. The banner image is of Qiqin, the border city that connects the former Trekkish lands to Michu, and the Light Orange Banner will sweep aside any bandits in these disgusting lands. They will also be tasked with defending the territory in perpetuity, funded yearly by the state, and permitted to exploit the local area for resources.

Bejang, the capital. We will have our nation connected at unprecedented level soon, and Bejang will lead the way to prosperity.

皇后万岁万岁万万岁
Huanghou wansui wansui wan wan sui!

王萧疏
Prince Xiao Shu

Lord Minister of Media Relations, Rights reserved.

Last edited by Dominatus Leviathan on Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

支配鲲朝和米楚帝国
My Politics IRL
    Monarchism
    Capitalist (Austrian)
    Christianity

神圣皇后万岁万岁万万岁

Zkoda
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

North-Western Offensive

Postby Zkoda » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:08 pm

ŽKODIAN NATIONAL WAR REPORTS

General Jörgen von Hohenstaufen was appointed to the Northwestern border of the Current territory occupied by the Žkodian forces at the start of our movement, after several raids by the Bandits just North of the border he has decided to strike back, with permission from Field Marshal Kregory he has marched a small contingent of his army North, burning down several bandit outposts and capturing villages, towns and small cities, even coming so close to the capital of Zarkovia (Tützburg) to have visual contact with the city.
The request by the Zarkovian Provisional government (Z.P.G.) was to pull back the army but the request was denied with “better preservation of the territory” pointed out as reasoning since the Z.P.G. wasn’t even capable enough to keep it’s capital in control let alone the border territories, but the reasoning was not accepted by Z.P.G. who declared war upon Žkoda, without any sizeable stockpile of weapons or ammunition and low morale and war support it seems the young Governor has just doomed itself, we are now in a two front war ... but not for long

General Jörgen von Hohenstaufen

quote by G. v. Hohenstaufen
I have moved North to do the Job they weren’t capable of but the fools in Tützburg cannot see that, I don’t know how delusional and detached from reality they are but to to demand such thing they must be living under a fucking rock. They asked for the territory in which they let bandits operate, before the strike against the bandits I had sent several messages to them but nobody bothered to even read it I suppose. There was no answer or whatsoever, so I decided to take the matter to my own hand and now they bother. I will not retreat !

as soon as the war was declared he was quick to launch a total assault against the Zarkovians, quickly gathering his troops and attacking in three arrows first one was an amphibious attack, through the Sankt Pyotr See, second through land, directly assaulting the border while the third arrow also amphibiously attacks from the strait of Mobius

attack plan

Battle Report

With a laughable performance from the Z.P.G. the offensive was over, even Bandits put up a better fight then the ill equipped, demoralised and outnumbered Z.P.G. forces who were hastily put together without any training or proper supplies, there were no forces who put together a real fight except the bandits who knew that they were fighting for their lives, except some who were considered redeemable all were hanged as they deserved.
Condition of the prisoners is as best as we can provide, food, water and blankets have been supplied but proper shelters are unfortunately not possible in this situation but we are doing our best, towards civilians and non-combatants as well, our army gives whatever it can spare but that is not enough,

therefore we ask for international aid to better feed the civilian population in the crisis zones

OVERALL THE OFFENSIVE WAS DECLARED A SUCCESS

Zkoda
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Capture of the Truriks

Postby Zkoda » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:34 am

ZKODAN NATIONAL TRIVIA REPORTS

Kehrkehrsdorf’s second infantry Battalion brought stunning news !

yesterday at 23:43 a corporal (Corporal Hubertus Jörgenstein) from Kehrhersdorf’s second infantry Battalion, who were stationed in West of Zweldwald to patrol the forests, brought stunning news ! He has captured the von Truriks (the past rulers of Treko) in the Schwarzwald forest, while having a break somewhat distant from rest of his group. the Tururiks were trying to sneak past the border and try to travel west, to an unknown destination, most likely Kanadorikan Empire but they were halted on their way by Corporal Hubertus who as soon as recognising them raised his bayonet and took them captive, directly going to the Battalion commander (Lieutenant Colonel Eduard Johann von Strasberg) and waking him up in middle of his sleep, the night was celebrated by the men, the captives were sent to Ültzburg, they will be locked in the Hubertus Hotel and will be waiting the decision of the Heads of Independence movement in the upcoming Ültzburg Conference

I had left my squad to handle some business, when I left my squad to find a suitable spot I came across few, whatI first though to be, peasants, war refugees but when I saw that they were hiding their faces I knew there was something. I ordered them to take down their hoods then I realised that they kinda looked familiar, it was dark and my flashlight was dim, so I raised my bayonet and ordered them to the camp and after a closer look I recognised who they were, I directly went to the Battalion Commander, waking him up in middle of his sleep, even though he was upset at first when I told them of the news he was pretty cheerful, he ordered a celebration and announced we’d be going to the HQ to report our captives, we are now scheduled to a medal pinning ceremony once Field Marshal is back from his HQ in Nebelsbad and technically they are still my captives

-Corporal Hubertus Jörgenstein

ImageCorporal Jörgenstein
Lieutenant Colonel von Strasberg

CAPTIVES

Crown Prince Yrö-ari von Trurik

Prince Jonatan von Trurik

Princess Annika Aleksandra Von Trurik

the Trurik coat of arms

From questioning of the captives we have learned that they have left the capital when the Ral captured it, barely escaping them and selling all of their jewellery just to cross the sea to the Zkodish lands, they have admitted their intentions to get themselves into Kanadorika and then travel to a neutral country to wait until a loyalist comeback but thanks to our Corporal this plan is no more, they are now held in the Hubertus Hotel in Ültzburg, the Corporal is there as well, his reasoning is that he has ti look after his captives, the HQ gave him permission to guard them with his squad
the future is uncertain for the royals, it will be decided by the Ültzburg Conference of Post-Trekkish independence movements
Last edited by Zkoda on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information