NATION

PASSWORD

Infantry Discussion Thread, Mk. 8 Mod. 0 [No Kaiju]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:58 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
I could just make the action and magazine horizontal

Not worth it. Do that and you get all the issues of side loading rifles. The trick is to angle it just enough for the scope to fit and not a minute more.

It's all or nothing. Having a diagonal magazine goes against everything I stand for. It's disgusting.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:02 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Not worth it. Do that and you get all the issues of side loading rifles. The trick is to angle it just enough for the scope to fit and not a minute more.

It's all or nothing. Having a diagonal magazine goes against everything I stand for. It's disgusting.

Be not like that. 'T is the season to try new things. :p
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

Be not like that. 'T is the season to try new things. :p

How about you try be smart then

You just got destroyed. SS John Burke has nothing on what you just went through bro

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Sadly this is the level of maturity I have come to expect from this thread.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:35 pm

Come on purp you know I luv you bb

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:46 pm

You don't and you know it. Nobody here does. Might as well fall on my saber.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:02 pm

Fordorsia wrote:How do I scope on my NotLuger Rifle

There a few things you could try: an offset scope. Maybe not ideal honestly likely to be better than other solutions, a long eye relief scope that sits forward of the action ie a "scout scope", a super short eye relief scope that sits behind the pop up area on the rear of the receiver or on the stock ala ye olde long range sights. Short eye relief scopes are pretty funky and don't induce the most natural of shooting positions. The final option is to rotate the action 90 degress to the right and keep a bottom mounted mag iirc this was one of the things the Swiss did with thier luger rifle thingies.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:11 pm

Crookfur wrote:

There a few things you could try: an offset scope. Maybe not ideal honestly likely to be better than other solutions, a long eye relief scope that sits forward of the action ie a "scout scope", a super short eye relief scope that sits behind the pop up area on the rear of the receiver or on the stock ala ye olde long range sights. Short eye relief scopes are pretty funky and don't induce the most natural of shooting positions. The final option is to rotate the action 90 degress to the right and keep a bottom mounted mag iirc this was one of the things the Swiss did with thier luger rifle thingies.

Rotating their actions in the stock is an old favorite of the Swiss, they did it for the ZfK 55 too.
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:12 pm

Purpelia wrote:You don't and you know it. Nobody here does. Might as well fall on my saber.

It's sabre, you barbarian

Crookfur wrote:

I'll probably not bother then. After all, who needs optics when you're cool

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:15 pm

Fordorsia wrote:It's sabre, you barbarian

It's what ever the built in spell checker in Firefox says it is because frankly I can't be arsed to care after this much whiskey . Seriously. Good stuff this. Goes down like water. Water that's on fire. But still hell yea!
Last edited by Purpelia on Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arkandros
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkandros » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:17 pm

Purpelia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:It's sabre, you barbarian

It's what ever the built in spell checker in Firefox says it is because frankly I can't be arsed to care after this much whiskey . Seriously. Good stuff this. Goes down like water. Water that's on fire. But still hell yea!

Cheers to that. I'm sitting here with a jar full of homemade shine.
“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”
John F. Kennedy

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:22 pm

How feasible would a toggle lock with two or three joints be? Wondering if a biathlon rifle could take a larger cartridge.
REST IN POWER
Franberry - HMS Barham - North Point - Questers - Tyrandis - Rosbaningrad - Sharfghotten
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:27 pm

Taihei Tengoku wrote:How feasible would a toggle lock with two or three joints be? Wondering if a biathlon rifle could take a larger cartridge.

Toggle lock has to have (at least?) three joints to work. All the toggle lock actions I know have three.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:28 pm

This said I really do feel like testing if my heart still works after I run it through with a long blade.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:30 pm

Purpelia wrote:This said I really do feel like testing if my heart still works after I run it through with a long blade.

I doubt it would but puz will know.

Taihei Tengoku
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taihei Tengoku » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:31 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Taihei Tengoku wrote:How feasible would a toggle lock with two or three joints be? Wondering if a biathlon rifle could take a larger cartridge.

Toggle lock has to have (at least?) three joints to work. All the toggle lock actions I know have three.

I should clarify--instead of a lock that bends into a V-shape, a toggle lock that bends into an N- or even an M-shape when compressed.
REST IN POWER
UNJUSTLY DELETED
OUR DAY WILL COME

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:38 pm

Taihei Tengoku wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

I should clarify--instead of a lock that bends into a V-shape, a toggle lock that bends into an N- or even an M-shape when compressed.

I'm not sure what advantage that would have.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:23 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Purpelia wrote:You don't and you know it. Nobody here does. Might as well fall on my saber.

Crookfur wrote:There a few things you could try: an offset scope. Maybe not ideal honestly likely to be better than other solutions, a long eye relief scope that sits forward of the action ie a "scout scope", a super short eye relief scope that sits behind the pop up area on the rear of the receiver or on the stock ala ye olde long range sights. Short eye relief scopes are pretty funky and don't induce the most natural of shooting positions. The final option is to rotate the action 90 degress to the right and keep a bottom mounted mag iirc this was one of the things the Swiss did with thier luger rifle thingies.

One other opinion would be a prismatic scope that's inline in front of the action but steps to the side.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:37 pm

Crookfur wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

One other opinion would be a prismatic scope that's inline in front of the action but steps to the side.

That could work

New Nirvash
Attaché

Founded: Dec 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Nirvash » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:48 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Estovnia wrote:do the mature thing and look up scope mounts on google rather than ask a pointless question you can figure out yourself here?

The cartridges ejecting straight up and the toggle lock would prevent a scope being in the usual position and apparently offset scopes are shit. I can't google "where does the scope go on a luger rifle"

Mount it in front of the action.

It will be shit but that's about the only way you'll be able to get it to work.

New Nirvash
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Nirvash » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:50 pm

Kazarogkai wrote:
New Nirvash wrote:Todd Howard said 'just give me something that looks sufficiently _____punk' and the art team (composed entirely of people who have never even seen a firearm in person) made it happen.

The Railway rifle was pretty cool...

No it wasn't.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:58 pm

New Nirvash wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:
The cartridges ejecting straight up and the toggle lock would prevent a scope being in the usual position and apparently offset scopes are shit. I can't google "where does the scope go on a luger rifle"

Mount it in front of the action.

ur dumb crook just gave the best idea obv

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:01 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

New Nirvash
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby New Nirvash » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
New Nirvash wrote:Mount it in front of the action.

ur dumb crook just gave the best idea obv

I din't read it tbh

I just pick things to respond to when I first wake up.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information