NATION

PASSWORD

Infantry Discussion Thread, Mk. 8 Mod. 0 [No Kaiju]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:38 pm

A single Abrams is dropped into WWI. Can WWI kill it.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:08 pm

Gallia- wrote:yes easily

Yeah but it can shoot on the move and futr tech and other shit that won't help it

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Eclixia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eclixia » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:18 pm

Fordorsia wrote:A single Abrams is dropped into WWI. Can WWI kill it.

There was so much artillery guns and mortar cannons in World War 1 that even if the accuracy of these support guns is World War 1 level (a.k.a. trash) they would eventually hit it enough times to kill it. That and hundreds of grenades and jam tins packed with explosives.
A hyper-consumerist and hyper-capitalist society with next to no regulations or restrictions for big businesses.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Eclixia wrote:

There was so much artillery guns and mortar cannons in World War 1 that even if the accuracy of these support guns is World War 1 level (a.k.a. trash) they would eventually hit it enough times to kill it. That and hundreds of grenades and jam tins packed with explosives.

The accuracy of artillery was far from bad.

Eclixia
Envoy

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eclixia » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Eclixia wrote:There was so much artillery guns and mortar cannons in World War 1 that even if the accuracy of these support guns is World War 1 level (a.k.a. trash) they would eventually hit it enough times to kill it. That and hundreds of grenades and jam tins packed with explosives.

The Abrams can travel at around 48km/h off-road. Surely if the tank crew changed directions frequently the artillery would have no idea where to aim for a direct hit.
A hyper-consumerist and hyper-capitalist society with next to no regulations or restrictions for big businesses.

New Nirvash
Attaché

Founded: Dec 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Nirvash » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:29 pm

Are there any cases of a force rallying after losing a push of pike and winning the battle?

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:32 pm

Eclixia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

The Abrams can travel at around 48km/h off-road. Surely if the tank crew changed directions frequently the artillery would have no idea where to aim for a direct hit.

the combined refining capabilities of the entente would be insufficient to fuel such a monstrous appetite/drink addiction

Yukonastan
Negotiator

Founded: May 17, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yukonastan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Puzikas wrote:How horrid.

Just tell me what it would do to a people

I imagine it would turn said people into a pile of chunks and a red spot, or something similarly destructive.
this guy is a fucking furry and a therian
Btw, here's my IC flag

"Purp go to bed." - Nirvash Type TheEnd

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Eclixia wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

In the end, such an argument belongs in the MBT's and Vehicles of your nation thread... oh wait.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Kazarogkai
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Kazarogkai » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:51 pm

Sure it may take a bit but eventually it will run out of gas and bullets and then it will be vulnerable. That or they could simply just keep shooting at it with wave after wave of artillery which I am pretty sure it won't survive.
Centrist
Reactionary
Bigot
Conservationist
Communitarian
Georgist
Distributist
Corporatist
Nationalist
Teetotaler
Ancient weaponry
Politics
History in general
books
military
Fighting
Survivalism
Nature
Anthropology
hippys
drugs
criminals
liberals
philosophes(not counting Hobbes)
states rights
anarchist
people who annoy me
robots
1000 12 + 10
1100 18 + 15
1200 24 + 20
1300 24
1400 36 + 10
1500 54 + 20
1600 72 + 30
1700 108 + 40
1800 144 + 50
1900 288 + 60
2000 576 + 80

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Fordorsia wrote:Hey now

Actually how thick should the barrel wall be? Right now it's 6.2mm at the chamber and 4.3 at the muzzle. The fatness of the barrel really bothers me, even though it's a 25mm bullet.

pls

Dostanuot Loj
Senator

Founded: Nov 04, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dostanuot Loj » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:29 pm

Schwere Panzer Abteilung 502 wrote:
Dostanuot Loj wrote:I'll just say this. I can add more later (WW1 my favorite war).

Bloody Verdun was the German campaign to "bleed the french white".

There's not a family in France from the time period who's blood did not soak that ground.

Why is it your favorite? I'd think WWII is what really defined what a big war would really be like to this day. (of course, in the interwar period, everybody thought the next war would be like WWI)

You're not the first person to be surprised to learn I have more interest in WW1 then WW2, especially when people consider my life-long obsession with tanks.
Really, everything today comes from or because of WW1. It is the root of our modern world.

Unfortunately, the common idea of WW1 is often wrong, sometimes grossly so. There was more muddy-trench into the jaws of machine guns and artillery for no gain in WW2 then in WW1, to be honest. Very little of WW1, even in the West, took place in muddy pits. Trenches dominated the strategic, and in some places everything, but not completely. And most attacks at any point in the war were successful.

Yep, I know, your mind just got blown.

The biggest problem the entente faced when trying to break German lines was their own artillery. The tank was invented to rectify this, to bring artillery forward so it can support the infantry. The problem was you needed so many guns to suppress the enemy to attack and take a trench, and it worked pretty often. But artillery could only be so close to the front lines, and once the infantry moved too far to be effectively covered by their friendly artillery they could go no further. This was hampered by two things.

1: Effective artillery range, on average, in this period was pretty short. If you've made it into the enemy trench network, you're probably close to the limit of friendly artillery, and in a position where the enemy artillery can shell you while being outside the range of your artillery. You have no real artillery cover at this point.
2: Once you stop firing to move forward, you remove guns from the firefight. The enemy doesn't remove guns, and therefore he wins the firefight by sheer mass of fire.

WW1 needed the tank to exist to be won in any way that was not a stalemate. The French and British developed the tank separately for the same reason, to bring guns forward to provide close fires to the infantry so you could move the heavy guns forward to keep your steel umbrella working. WW1 is simply fascinating, there is so much to it, so many sides and details. It's one of the most complex events in human history.
Leopard 1 IRL

Kyiv is my disobedient child. :P

Azurg
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Azurg » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:32 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:I think so. Sabots are usually closer to 1mm thick.

I'm rather curious. Why wouldn't a half-millimeter polymer jacket work?
(v) (•,,,,•) (v)
Hitler was just misunderstood!

I'm a 22 year old living in The Netherlands. I tend to find myself interested in architecture, economics, politics, space exploration, robotics and firearms design

Dostanuot Loj
Senator

Founded: Nov 04, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dostanuot Loj » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:03 am

Taihei Tengoku wrote:
Dostanuot Loj wrote:I'm caught in a pickle.

I can't decide between HK33, FAMAS, and Type 97-1.

HK33

And this is where my pickle comes from.

Option 1: HK33 + HK79 + HK13 + HK23 = All bases covered.

For various reasons I am preferential to squad automatics being magazine fed automatic rifles, not belt feds, which means HK13 has an advantage.

But I love FAMAS, so Option 2: FAMAS + Ultimax + ??? = FAMAS <3 but needs to flesh it out.
That's a lot of work.

I also don't mind the Type 97. Type 95 has too much magazine curve for a non-TKB-408 bullpup for me. So Option 3: QBZ97 + QBB97 + QBU-88 + ??? = Most bases covered.

Rule of cool and awesomeness keeps dragging me back to FAMAS, also <3.
Then practicality comes in and I think about the Type 97.
Then practicality takes over and I'm stuck with HK.

It's a dilly of a pickle.
Leopard 1 IRL

Kyiv is my disobedient child. :P

New Nirvash
Attaché

Founded: Dec 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Nirvash » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:10 am

Kind of shocked you're even considering chinashit. You might as well just toss your billions of dollars in the can and empty your landfills out into your rivers.

Because that's basically what you'd be doing.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:13 am

Fordorsia wrote:
Gallia- wrote:yes easily

Yeah but it can shoot on the move and futr tech and other shit that won't help it

biplanes were a betch
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:17 am

Azurg wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:I think so. Sabots are usually closer to 1mm thick.

I'm rather curious. Why wouldn't a half-millimeter polymer jacket work?

At a guess, I'd say that the stress would be too great.

/not a materials engineer

#wingingit
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

EsToVnIa
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby EsToVnIa » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:19 am

Dostanuot Loj wrote:
Taihei Tengoku wrote:HK33

And this is where my pickle comes from.

Option 1: HK33 + HK79 + HK13 + HK23 = All bases covered.

For various reasons I am preferential to squad automatics being magazine fed automatic rifles, not belt feds, which means HK13 has an advantage.

But I love FAMAS, so Option 2: FAMAS + Ultimax + ??? = FAMAS <3 but needs to flesh it out.
That's a lot of work.

I also don't mind the Type 97. Type 95 has too much magazine curve for a non-TKB-408 bullpup for me. So Option 3: QBZ97 + QBB97 + QBU-88 + ??? = Most bases covered.

Rule of cool and awesomeness keeps dragging me back to FAMAS, also <3.
Then practicality comes in and I think about the Type 97.
Then practicality takes over and I'm stuck with HK.

It's a dilly of a pickle.

FAMAS + MG34 + SAFN + M203 ???

of course in lieu of france ditching famas i decided to adopt AK-74Ms in like 2002 as a replacement >.>
Most Heavenly State/Khamgiin Tengerleg Uls

Weeaboo Gassing Land wrote:Also, rev up the gas chambers.

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:CUNT

12:02:02 AM <Tarsas> premislyd is my spirit animal tbh

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:44 am

Dostanuot Loj wrote:You're not the first person to be surprised to learn I have more interest in WW1 then WW2, especially when people consider my life-long obsession with tanks.

Tbh I find a lot of WWI and the interbellum era to be more interesting.

I've been working my ass off today/yesterday so I'll get around to that stupid post I promised you guys tomorrow evening on Machine Guns and their employment.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:29 am

Here's some 14th century wisdom on war, written by Geoffroi de Charny:

"In this profession one has to endure heat, hunger and hard work, to sleep little and often to keep watch. And to be exhausted and to sleep uncomfortably on the ground only to be abruptly awakened. And you will be powerless to change the situation. You will often be afraid when you see your enemies coming towards you with lowered lances to run you through and with drawn swords to cut you down. Bolts and arrows come at you and you do not know how best to protect yourself. You see people killing each other, fleeing, dying and being taken prisoner and you see the bodies of your dead friends lying before you. But your horse is not dead, and by its vigorous speed you can escape in dishonour. But if you stay, you will win eternal honour. Is he not a great martyr, who puts himself to such work?"

Not much changes.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Azurg
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Azurg » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:56 am

Aqizithiuda wrote:At a guess, I'd say that the stress would be too great.

/not a materials engineer

#wingingit

That can very well be. Still going for it though. Largely failed 80s weapons programs are full of all sorts of wacky ideas, after all.

It occurs to me that you could probably make a fairly formidable ball round by replacing the copper 'core' with one of lead.
(v) (•,,,,•) (v)
Hitler was just misunderstood!

I'm a 22 year old living in The Netherlands. I tend to find myself interested in architecture, economics, politics, space exploration, robotics and firearms design

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:12 am

Dostanuot Loj wrote:You're not the first person to be surprised to learn I have more interest in WW1 then WW2, especially when people consider my life-long obsession with tanks.

Wow. We have something in common.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Puzikas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Puzikas » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:39 am

And just like that I changed my mind.
Sevvania wrote:I don't post much, but I am always here.
Usually waiting for Puz ;-;

Goodbye.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information