NATION

PASSWORD

When you kill an animal for food

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jyesuntaro
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jyesuntaro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 pm

A tradition in our nation is to cut off one part of the animal's body before eating it, and then to bury that part as a reminder of the sacrifice it has made. Previously, this was a very religious act, but after the Communist-ization of Jyesuntaro it is widely considered as just an act of respect.

Kind Cannibals
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kind Cannibals » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Jankenjin wrote:
Kind Cannibals wrote:I am female and part American Indian as well as being Pagan.

And a cannibal, apparently, which isn't advancing your argument as well as you might think.

If you are an enemy and have tried to or plan to attack us and you are captured, as far as we are concerned, you have surrendered all of your rights. Besides, why waste the protein? Perhaps this explains why outlying countries do not usually bother us.
While we try to be fair, we are not perfect and we have our moments...

Jankenjin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jankenjin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Kind Cannibals wrote:
Jankenjin wrote:
Kind Cannibals wrote:I am female and part American Indian as well as being Pagan.

And a cannibal, apparently, which isn't advancing your argument as well as you might think.

If you are an enemy and have tried to or plan to attack us and you are captured, as far as we are concerned, you have surrendered all of your rights. Besides, why waste the protein? Perhaps this explains why outlying countries do not usually bother us.
While we try to be fair, we are not perfect and we have our moments...

I'm sure it's a great comfort to your POWs that they will be dispatched to the cook-pot with only the best of wishes.
Yes, we have a Factbook, for all those odd facts about this bunch of weird aliens.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:27 pm

Jankenjin wrote:I'm sure it's a great comfort to your POWs that they will be dispatched to the cook-pot with only the best of wishes.

I can't speak for the Kind Cannibals, but we have a similar eat-what-you-kill policy and it only applies to invaders killed in battle. We treat POWs well, often better than their own armies do. In fact, in the course of our history there have been several diplomatic incidents when prisoners of war refused to go home.

-- Gen. Castro-Stalina

P.S. I should point out that, as a general rule, our solciers tend to prefer MREs.

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:33 pm

In Niur the only animals killed for food our fish, and fishermen and sailors are the most religious group in Niur. So the answer would be yes.
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

Mutant Lobster People
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mutant Lobster People » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Aznakayevo wrote:Absolutely not (Referring to the OP). The advancement of the Human species is more important than any low-life, non-sentient creature on this planet. As the most advanced, most intelligent species on this Earth, we have the right to do whatever we want, to whatever we want concerning the environment (This is both my role-playing, as well as my real-life ideal).

How are humans more important than animals? animals avoid pain and seek pleasure so they are definatly sentient. I am assuming you would not kill a retarded person, so justifying killing animals with their intelligence is hypocritical. Civilization is hurting the enviroment, animals, and humans themselves so that does not make us superior. Give me a real, logical reason why humans are better than non-human animals
Easter Egg Issue Count: 4
Funny Quotes Below!
Dinosaurana wrote:I am not fucking kid.

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Why is there an 11 page thread arguing about pubic hair?
Progressiae wrote:Dinosaur My Is Purple-Raisins

Chatkasatan wrote:Or people who serve poop in ice cream.

Bad Translator wrote:"Mutant Lobster People"

...56 translations later we get:

"Rock sitemap"

An issue about gay adoption wrote:"Think about it: say you have two gay Mutant DinosaurApeCrabs"

The Altani Federation wrote:Are you lobsters trying to wreck your economy?

Canadai wrote:I'll sum up the last page in one sentence:

INSECTS IN SPACE, EVERYTHING IS FIRE

The Children of Mama
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Children of Mama » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Mutant Lobster People wrote:
Aznakayevo wrote:Absolutely not (Referring to the OP). The advancement of the Human species is more important than any low-life, non-sentient creature on this planet. As the most advanced, most intelligent species on this Earth, we have the right to do whatever we want, to whatever we want concerning the environment (This is both my role-playing, as well as my real-life ideal).

How are humans more important than animals? animals avoid pain and seek pleasure so they are definatly sentient. I am assuming you would not kill a retarded person, so justifying killing animals with their intelligence is hypocritical. Civilization is hurting the enviroment, animals, and humans themselves so that does not make us superior. Give me a real, logical reason why humans are better than non-human animals

They don't taste as good with drawn butter?

Aznakayevo
Envoy

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aznakayevo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Mutant Lobster People wrote:How are humans more important than animals? animals avoid pain and seek pleasure so they are definatly sentient. I am assuming you would not kill a retarded person, so justifying killing animals with their intelligence is hypocritical. Civilization is hurting the enviroment, animals, and humans themselves so that does not make us superior. Give me a real, logical reason why humans are better than non-human animals

For one: avoiding pain and seeking pleasure IS NOT the definition of sentience.
Last edited by Aznakayevo on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Federal Republic of United States of PA - Embassy Page
The Incorporated States of Solvio - Embassy Page
The Republik of Solm - Embassy Page
Aznakayevo Weapons Trade (Still Selling, but Inactive)
Aznakayevo is ranked 2nd in the region and 9,333rd in the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.

Niur
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Niur » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:40 pm

The Children of Mama wrote:

I beg to differ.
"In cahuitontli ca otopan, yehuantzitzin yollochipahuac tonaz, yeceh yehuantzitzin tica imanimanmeh tlahueliloc telchihualozque. In cahuitontli ca teuctlatolli ic otopan, auh yehuan quitzacua, in neltiliztli, onyezque huetztoc!"

EVIL BEYOND COMPARE
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EVIL BEYOND COMPARE » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:42 pm

I thank God.

The Children of Mama
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Children of Mama » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm

Niur wrote:
The Children of Mama wrote:

I beg to differ.

Lemon juice, then?

[Mama adds: You'll have to pardon my Children, it's around dinner-time here.]

Padullahstan
Ambassador

Founded: May 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Padullahstan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Kind Cannibals wrote:Do you thank them for giving their lives?

No we eat their flesh, tan their hides, and throw their bones to the dogs. Animals should be the ones thanking use for putting their otherwise pointless existence to good use.

Padullahstani Ministry of Food, Drugs, and Drink
The Padullahstani Republic
"Where everything's classified!"™

This nation does not reflect the actual opinions of the poster at all, and this nation should not be taken seriously. At all. It's meant to be an over-the-top parody of dictatorships and oppressive regimes.

Mutant Lobster People
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mutant Lobster People » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:54 pm

Aznakayevo wrote:
Mutant Lobster People wrote:How are humans more important than animals? animals avoid pain and seek pleasure so they are definatly sentient. I am assuming you would not kill a retarded person, so justifying killing animals with their intelligence is hypocritical. Civilization is hurting the enviroment, animals, and humans themselves so that does not make us superior. Give me a real, logical reason why humans are better than non-human animals

For one: avoiding pain and seeking pleasure IS NOT the definition of sentience.

It isnt the definition but it shows sentience

definition from wiktionary:

The state or quality of being sentient; possession of consciousness or sensory awareness.

sensory awareness = seeking pleasure and avoiding pain.
Last edited by Mutant Lobster People on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funny Quotes Below!

Nazi Flower Power wrote:Why is there an 11 page thread arguing about pubic hair?

"Rock sitemap"

An issue about gay adoption wrote:"Think about it: say you have two gay Mutant DinosaurApeCrabs"

Aznakayevo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aznakayevo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:59 pm

No it doesn't. Sentience is the act of being aware of ones existence through a highly adapted and opinionated brain. Logic, opinions, and intelligent thought is what defines sentience. No other animal besides humans show this. That is why we have civilization and my dog does not.

Aznakayevo is ranked 2nd in the region and 9,333rd in the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.

Mutant Lobster People
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mutant Lobster People » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 pm

read my edit
Funny Quotes Below!

"Rock sitemap"

Aznakayevo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aznakayevo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:05 pm

The definition of sentience is being aware of ones existence. Animals don't have consciousness, they feel pain and pleasure. Nothing else. They live to fight and survive, no matter what. They cannot hold grudges, they cannot speak, they cannot build technology. They do what they can to survive.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Aznakayevo wrote:The definition of sentience is being aware of ones existence. Animals don't have consciousness, they feel pain and pleasure. Nothing else. They live to fight and survive, no matter what. They cannot hold grudges, they cannot speak, they cannot build technology. They do what they can to survive.

That seems like a self-serving definition, designed to exclude all but humans.

And your characterization of animals is fairly ludicrous. They do have technology, of course: birds, bees, beavers, spiders. They can communicate in various ways even if they don't speak English.

And I don't see how the ability to hold grudges makes humans superior.

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:39 pm

We kill animals, and we eat them without making a grand ritual about it like Aznakayevo.
-Office of Edible Matter Production & Regulation
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Aznakayevo
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Aznakayevo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:That seems like a self-serving definition, designed to exclude all but humans.

And your characterization of animals is fairly ludicrous. They do have technology, of course: birds, bees, beavers, spiders. They can communicate in various ways even if they don't speak English.

What I mean by that is they don't have DEEP and MEANINGFUL emotions.

Ramsetia
Minister

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramsetia » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Aznakayevo wrote:
Fatatatutti wrote:That seems like a self-serving definition, designed to exclude all but humans.

What I mean by that is they don't have DEEP and MEANINGFUL emotions.

Because resentment is truly a deep and meaningful emotional response.

The Ramset Academy of sciences has defined sentience as; 'The ability to use abstract reasoning to identify one's self within the world'. That being said, the same Academy also makes no definition between Animals and Humans.

When any creature is killed as a form of resource collection in Ramsetia, all parts of the animals which have use, are used. Meats are eaten, bones are nutrient-leeched, hides are tanned and prepared as leather, or fur clothing, organs are ground for pet food. There is very little waste, most of which is what is left over after any waste fluids are processed, and have their water content extracted.
Our national Embassy Programme: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30197
Our Standard Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30375&start=0
Our FT-specific Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47987&start=0
My photobucket: http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/houseckatna/ speak, 'friend', and enter.

I do request-art for weapons, vehicles, and soldiers. Telegramme me for further details, or if you've given me a request that I seem to have forgotten.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Aznakayevo wrote:What I mean by that is they don't have DEEP and MEANINGFUL emotions.

Again, self-serving. You draw a very fine line between humans and animals by setting arbitrary values for DEEP and MEANINGFUL. Let me be the one to burst your bubble: No matter where you draw that line, you're going to find some humans and some animals on both sides of it.
Last edited by Fatatatutti on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vetrans
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetrans » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:10 pm

DO we thank the "animal spirits?" (frekin PETA people and animal rights activists) :palm: :blink: Um no we just eat them. We don't worship :bow: them i mean they are food, clothing, ect; heck if it came down to it we'd probably eat our national animal too.

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Traditionally, an Augarian hunter, butcher, or slaughterer is Catholic (and 88% of the total population is Catholic). After a day's work, a butcher or slaughterer says a a quick prayer for those who died for the benefit of mankind. A hunter, generally, says a prayer after each kill (this is similar to Augarian soldiers who, for each kill, must pray the Lord's Prayer), unless he slaughters massive amounts of animals, in which case he does so after a day's work.
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Cyrelia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrelia » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Aznakayevo wrote:No it doesn't. Sentience is the act of being aware of ones existence through a highly adapted and opinionated brain. Logic, opinions, and intelligent thought is what defines sentience. No other animal besides humans show this. That is why we have civilization and my dog does not.

bull shit, apes have been observed recognising that they themselves are different to other members of their species: if presented with a mirror they don't assume the reflection is a different member rather that it is themselves. This is more advanced than human children under a certain age, it is also an indication of self-awareness and therefore sentience under standard definitions. Also, your presented idea of sentience is a misnomer because it is too chauvanistic as a definition: that is it refuses to ALLOW for any other species to be sentient which is nothing more than begging the question at hand. Sentience is the capability for self awareness, or tbh if you leave philosophy and move to science sentience holds a far more liberal definition than that. Either way your arrogant (apologies for the strength of my accusation but I simply comment on what I have read) assumption that logic/reasoning = sentience is simply wrong because human children are less capable of certain reasoning skills than certain species within the animal kingdom, ergo either human children are not sentient (which I'm sure you would reject) or certain animals are sentient (which topples your entire argument).

As for Cyrelia, we respect the rights of animals but recognise that there is a simple food chain that cannot be ignored (including a difference in rights): thus we kill animals and use them for human means provided the damage is not too significant or cruel in nature.
"Survive and Prosper"
Cyrelia
Cyrelia: Embassy -- Factbook

Mutant Lobster People
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Mutant Lobster People » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Aznakayevo wrote:The definition of sentience is being aware of ones existence. Animals don't have consciousness, they feel pain and pleasure. Nothing else. They live to fight and survive, no matter what. They cannot hold grudges, they cannot speak, they cannot build technology. They do what they can to survive.

I once saw a scientific video in which they let lab rats run free in a "controlled natural enviroment" it shows many amazing things that clearly contradict your bull but specifically shows that they have a form of communication, not as complex as human's but still communication.

Monkeys and birds using rocks and sticks to open hard nuts is the use of technology, and yes some of them "build" it too.

You admit they can feel pain and pleasure and that alone, coupled with the fact that they didnt do anything ethically or morally wrong puts them high enough that they should be protected from people like you who only wish to harm creatures that are different and seem less advanced and intelligent than humans for their own selfish needs.

The only being you know of that has consciousness is yourself so you, nor I can say who is conscious and who isnt so we just have to look at the clues.

Alot of creatures care for their young, that is what humans call "love" you may just credit this to instinct but is that not what humans caring for their young is driven by too?

Killing and eating animals as a civilized species is wrong because we are not part of the natural cycle anymore.
Last edited by Mutant Lobster People on Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Funny Quotes Below!

"Rock sitemap"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information