NATION

PASSWORD

Your Nation's History of War.

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:42 am

Contact War (1490 - 1510): The conflict was caused by Scotatrovian ambitions to expand and Aelvenian fears of the shift in the European balance of power that would result if the Scotatrovians succeeded, while also using the reason that Scotatrova was expanding into Aelvenian lands, hoping that the relatively new Scotatrovian kingdom would not drag itself into conflict. A series of swift Scotatrovian victories in southwestern Aelvenia, culminating in the Siege of Ugion, saw the army of Aelvenia decisively defeated. The Treaty of Ugion of February 17, 1510 gave Scotatrova most of southwestern Aelvenia, which today makes up Northern Scotatrova. The Scotatrovian conquest of Aelvenia upset the European balance of power that had existed and Scotatrova maintained great authority in international affairs for the decades to come.
Outcome: Victory

Scotatrovian Wars of Religion (1493 - 1502): A religious war primarily fought between Roman Catholics and primarily Jews and Muslims, but saw several other religious groups involved as well in the Kingdom of Scotatrova. The conflict involved disputes between the Roman Catholic aristocratic ruling house and the Jewish and Muslim minority groups. At the conclusion of the conflict in 1502, Jews and Muslims were granted substantial rights and freedoms by the Edict of Ordium, though it did not end hostility towards them. The wars weakened the authority of the monarchy, already fragile under the rule of King Eric.
Outcome: Draw

Scotatrovian Hundred Year War (1512 - 1612): The struggle was between Scotatrova and the autonomous state of Salonisti. The war began in 1512 with the infamous and successful "Siege of Muse". Following the victory at Muse, Salonisti launched a massive coordinated invasion on the western coast of Scotatrova. For the next one hundred years, Salonisti slowly advanced into Scotatrova and several outposts were established. By 1532, Salonisti had captured Scotatrova's capital city of Muse, virtually annihilated Southern Scotatrova and controlled almost the entirety of Western Scotatrova to the point of near victory. Nevertheless, the Hundred Year War ended roughly in 1612 following the arrival of even more reinforcements and due to a combination of efforts of the remaining forces.

Aelvenian-Scotatrovian War (1723 – 1749): Aelvenia claimed lands along the Scotatrovian border, to which Scotatrova refused to accept as true. Prolonged intransigence on these issues led Scotatrova to declare war on Aelvenia on August 28, 1723. By mid 1745, Scotatrova's total forces in Aelvenia numbered about 250,000. During the last months of 1747 and 1748, Aelvenia fought a series of battles but was steadily forced back against overwhelming odds. Finally, peace was concluded with the Treaty of Agon in 1749, which stated that the old boundaries before the war would stay that way.

Ithran - Scotatrovian War (1898 - 1901): An armed conflict between the Empire of Ithra and the First Scotatrovian Republic. The goal of the Scotatrovian leader, Ethan Velasquez, was to stem the expansion of Ithran influence. Scotatrova declared war on Ithra on the evening of February 18, to take effect just after midnight. For Ithra, the war paved the way for the reclamation of historically Ithran territory and elimination of Scotatrovian domination in the Mediterranean. Ithra's rapid successes in the late phase of the war made Scotatrovian victory seem near impossible by June 1900. A final offensive was mounted in January 1901 to regain lost territory, but stalled in mid February. Giving in to internal pressure to seek peace, the Scotatrovian government announced that it would seek peace with Ithra and a mutual armistice was soon declared. On the evening of April 14, a treaty was signed. It came into effect just after midnight. Ithra was allowed to occupy the territory it had captured in the fighting as Ithran economic control was extended into the territory.
Outcome: Defeat

Civil War (1913 - 1915): On January 18, 1910, General Ricardo Navarro organized an attack on the presidential palace located on the outskirts of Muse. The president was killed and the vice president ousted on January 22, 1910 in a revolt organized by Ricardo Navarro, a well known and respected figure in Scotatrovian history to that point. He took the oath of office on January 25, 1910 and declared the National Scotatrovian Republic as the rightful successor to the First Scotatrovian Republic. On May 10, 1913, Roberto Arenas, an opponent to Navarro issued his famous "Plan of Oleria" refusing to recognize Navarro as President. This document marks the beginning of the Civil War. By early June 1915, only Muse and a few other strongholds remained for the Fascist forces. Arenas proclaimed victory in a radio speech aired on June 18, when the last of the Fascist forces surrendered. On August 17, 1915, a new Constitution was adopted and lay the groundwork for the now Scotatrovian People's Republic.
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Ding Ling
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ding Ling » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:54 am

Scotatrova wrote:

Civil War (1913 - 1915): On January 18, 1910, General Ricardo Navarro organized an attack on the presidential palace located on the outskirts of Muse. The president was killed and the vice president ousted on January 22, 1910 in a revolt organized by Ricardo Navarro, a well known and respected figure in Scotatrovian history to that point. He took the oath of office on January 25, 1910 and declared the National Scotatrovian Republic as the rightful successor to the First Scotatrovian Republic. On May 10, 1913, Roberto Arenas, an opponent to Navarro issued his famous "Plan of Oleria" refusing to recognize Navarro as President. This document marks the beginning of the Civil War. By early June 1915, only Muse and a few other strongholds remained for the Fascist forces. Arenas proclaimed victory in a radio speech aired on June 18, when the last of the Fascist forces surrendered. On August 17, 1915, a new Constitution was adopted and lay the groundwork for the now Scotatrovian People's Republic.

:) Excuse me for asking, if Fascism hasn't been invented yet(Mussolini is still on the battlefield) then how can there be a Fascist government in another country besides Italy? If the Russian Revolution hasn't happened in 1917,how does another country know to call themselves a People's Republic? I presume ww1 did happen in the same alternate universe Scotatrova is in.

/skip
Last edited by Ding Ling on Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scotatrova
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:05 am

Ding Ling wrote: :) Excuse me for asking, if Fascism hasn't been invented yet(Mussolini is still on the battlefield) then how can there be a Fascist government in another country besides Italy? If the Russian Revolution hasn't happened in 1917,how does another country know to call themselves a People's Republic? I presume ww1 did happen in the same alternate universe Scotatrova is in.

/skip

In my own canon universe, world history is quite different. There was no Roman Empire, and no RL nations exists in my canon as they do in RL, therefore there is no Italy, or Russia, or America, etc. None of the World Wars happened either. Therefore fascism appeared early in Scotatrova then it did RL because of different circumstances. My factbook contains most of my known history so you can check that out for reference and stuff.

/skip

Official Factbook

Ding Ling
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Ding Ling » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:08 am

Scotatrova wrote:
Ding Ling wrote: :) Excuse me for asking, if Fascism hasn't been invented yet(Mussolini is still on the battlefield) then how can there be a Fascist government in another country besides Italy? If the Russian Revolution hasn't happened in 1917,how does another country know to call themselves a People's Republic? I presume ww1 did happen in the same alternate universe Scotatrova is in.

/skip

In my own canon universe, world history is quite different. There was no Roman Empire, and no RL nations exists in my canon as they do in RL,
/skip

Understood, just one more thing. Fascism is called Fascism because of the Fasces symbol of the Roman empire, but there was no Roman empire so why is it still called "Fascism"?

/skip

Scotatrova
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:10 am

Ding Ling wrote:Understood, just one more thing. Fascism is called Fascism because of the Fasces symbol of the Roman empire, but there was no Roman empire so why is it still called "Fascism"?

/skip

Just for the sake of simplicity.

/skip

Official Factbook

Previous

Return to Factbooks and National Information