NATION

PASSWORD

How big is your military?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

How big is your military?

Huge
38%
Large
26%
Medium
15%
Small
11%
Tiny
6%
No Military
5%

Total votes : 531

Freechrist
Attaché

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Freechrist » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:29 pm

We are divided on compulsory service and not having compulsory service. It changes about every 10 years. We have a stratigically superior advantage, and often have a technological advantage as well. We usually only use half of our troops in war times because of the military intellect and specialty. Training the troops is riggerous and only about 1 out of 10 make it into service, and 1 out of 300 soldiers make it into special forces.

Cromer
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromer » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:32 am

The Federal Defence Force has an Active Force of 65,000.

32,000 Active in the Army organized into a standing army of 5 brigades plus a logistics brigade, combat service brigade, Aviation Brigade and special forces brigade
18,000 Active in the Navy operating 48 commissioned vessels plus a number of auxiliaries.
15,000 Active in the Air Force operating 300 total aircraft

In addition New Cromer has a large number of reserves. There are 55,000 Army Reservists, 4,500 Air Force Reservists and 4,750 Naval Reservists for a total of 64,250 Reserve personnel

This brings the total manpower of the Cromer Federal Defence Force to 129,000. About .8% of the total population of Cromer, which is 16 million as of 2014.

Malavya
Attaché

Founded: Dec 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Malavya » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:09 am

880,000 active and 1.3 million reserves
Armenian. My name's Alishan Karabakhtsyan, I'm a Straight male Oriental Orthodox Christian. Orthodoxy or Death!
Your test scores indicate that you are an open-minded ultra-conservative; this is the political profile one might associate with a police officer. It appears that you are accepting of religion, and have a balanced attitude towards humanity in general.

Your attitudes towards economics appear laissez-faire capitalist, and combined with your social attitudes this creates the picture of someone who would generally be described as a traditionalist.

To round out the picture you appear to be, political preference aside, a uncompromising radical centrist with a firmly established worldview.

Guivria
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Guivria » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:32 am

The Guivrian Armed Forces have 39,655 active personnel and 58,504 reserve personnel. The Army has 12,186 active personnel, the Navy has 18,309, and the Air Force has 9,160. The various Army, Navy, and Air Force Reserve (which, when combined, constitute the Guivrian Home Guard) have 25,300 reserves, 20,115 reserves, and 13,089 reserves, respectively.
98% of NSers would do X if Y happened. If you are one of the 2% that would do Z, put this in your sig. Or not.

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:44 am

Heco wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:Believe me, his forces are not invincible. :p

Ours may die a little quicker, but it's the thought that counts!

I've fought his forces they drop.
Quickly
When it comes to Gas and bombs bullets and grenades.
Shells and tanks.
I like the crunch the tanks make when the run over enemy forces.
Ahhh good times in the MDF

Is this some war you made up, or is this the war in which one of my IS-44 supertanks single-handedly wiped out one of your armoured brigades? No mercy for the army of baguettes and "hand grenades" (actually coconuts filled with firework powder).
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Holy roman replubic
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy roman replubic » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:53 am

70 million troops. 10 million national guard (militia), 20 million army forces like transport or infantry, 10 million naval forces like marines and the navy, 10 million air force, and 10 million military police, and 10 million reserves. But with that numerical value we value strategy more. Nothing beats a war like the perfect strategy. Since we have numerical value and the nukes we can outlast and intimidate the enemy for years. We lost battles but rarely wars! Plus we have a war economy so equipment and tech helps a lot. Another plus we love military parades every week especially in the Caesar's palace :p !
Last edited by Holy roman replubic on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Great Nation of Dan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Nation of Dan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:50 am

We have a small 15000 formal army. But our strength is by the many militias and tribes. Culturally it is common for every family to have at least one member to involved with the militia. High-schools standardized some amount of military training and requires a minimum of 40 hours active volunteering in noncombatant service groups.
Made worst post on the IDT: +20 points
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=343502&p=25031584#p25031584

I'm also trying to become a founder of a real life nation:
gofundme.com/yx78x3u

The Vrree Nations
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vrree Nations » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:59 am

Our military, the Vrree Species Defence Alliance, represents and is drawn from the entire Vrree species. There are approximately 8.7 billion Vrree at this time. The Alliance has about 260 million members (0.3% of the total population), however only 1/5 (about 50 million) are on active duty at any given time, the rest are reservists and militia.

Alahana
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alahana » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:10 am

If we are talking about the army (as in ground army, excluding all other branches) than we have about 750,000 soldiers, but highly trained with advanced weaponry.
"Even When broken a sword may still cut."
Crowned Republic
Monarch is Phoenix King Gerrit II
Population of 104 million

20 yrs old
"Aquarius"
Hetero
Caucasian
Belgian
Hobbies are Gaming, MMA and bodybuilding
Security agent and wannabe DJ
♫♫I'm a hardbass junkie♫♫

Embassy program | Factbook | Wiki page | Deviantart page
Tech: mainly MT/PMT | DEFCON 5: Peacetime | Demonym : Alahanese

Hyfling
Minister

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hyfling » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:00 am

Hyfling has a very large military, thanks in no small part to the half year of compulsory military service/training (CMS) that must be undertaken by every citizen at the ages of 18 to 21 (as decided based on the repeal of Conscription in 1979 and the need for a large volunteer force) many civilians decide to remain in the military force whether as fighters or, as a growing number of people prefer, maintenance and logistics. Currently, 10.5% of the 3.45 billion strong population (362,250,000) are 'employed' by the military, but the vast, vast majority of these are people partaking in their compulsory military service and certainly not battle-ready soldiers, without CMS, reserves, manufacturing (as the military manufactures a large amount of its own stuff) and logistics/maintenance the number is closer to (17,250,000 or 0.7% of the population).

Considering the vast area of Hyfling and the shear length of coastline to protect, the military is still quite inadequate to properly defend the nation, especially in regards to it's airforce. The land forces make up 50% of those enrolled, with the navy at 34% and the airforce at 26% (most armies are nearly equal in air and navy size) thanks to very large government-owned, and private sector-partner manufacturing capabilities, the government's base military expenditure is only 60%, with the remaining 40% being underpinned up of weapon an material sales and payed logistics/security support to other countries.

If it wasn't for the huge CMS program, the military would actually be profitable. But thanks to the CMS program, the majority of Hyfling's citizens have some degree of knowledge in how to handle a military situation, and is therefore considered money well spent by consecutive governments.

Nazghuristan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazghuristan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:10 am

the Nazghuristan's People's Army is very significant and ready to protect our nation.

Nickel Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Corporate Bordello

Postby Nickel Empire » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Our current military is know for sending soldiers all over the region to protect our allies!
Purple Tory with some Right-Wing Populism
"Every nation has the government it deserves." Joseph de Maistre
"First feelings are always the most natural." King Louis XIV of France
Trademark: Agent Orange Is a Protest Violent? Code: Reaganomics
"Don't tickle the Nickel." https://imgur.com/5KfGQGt

North Pole Union
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby North Pole Union » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:48 am

It's non-existent here in the North Pole Union. The only defenders we've got are security guards and police officers.

Deweden
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deweden » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:31 am

The Dewdish military is, by NS standards, between small to tiny with a total of 75,000 active troops and 750,000 reservists.

Heco
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Heco » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Blakullar wrote:
Heco wrote:I've fought his forces they drop.
Quickly
When it comes to Gas and bombs bullets and grenades.
Shells and tanks.
I like the crunch the tanks make when the run over enemy forces.
Ahhh good times in the MDF

Is this some war you made up, or is this the war in which one of my IS-44 supertanks single-handedly wiped out one of your armoured brigades? No mercy for the army of baguettes and "hand grenades" (actually coconuts filled with firework powder).

The war in medwed.
Where we destroyed your armies.
The Empire is strong and brave
Defcons 1=Nuclear war 2=war 3=High Alert 4=Observation 5= Peace time maintain standing military at all times 6=Evacuate Heco operation destroy in effect
CURRENT DEFCON=3
Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gNMMt0V290
Military anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys
Wars won: 10 Wars lost:1
Peace treaty:4
Do not use any 3rd party sites.

Susria
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Susria » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:08 pm

How big?

Bigger than yours, how about?
"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Voltaire

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught in falsehoods school. And the person that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool."
Plato

"New opinions are always suspected, and usually opposed, without any other reason but because they are not already common."
Locke

"To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity."
Nietzsche

"If the triangles made a god, they would give him three sides."
Montesquieu
Moralist. Galtonist. Third Position-ist. Statist.
Bit of a Strasserist, to be honest.
Male. INTJ. East Slavic.
It's cute that you think I will ever care what you think of me.

Spainard
Attaché

Founded: Dec 22, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Spainard » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:10 pm

I guess medium. We had a big military, but we took DEEP military cuts, so it's down to 22% :mad:
Independent Spanish American who has centrist views on most policies

Agapathapoo
Attaché

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agapathapoo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:31 pm

601,304,963 people in my military.
Telegram me if you want some free missionaries sent to you.

Koetia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Koetia » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:51 pm

1,891,992 soldiers and growing.
1,891,992 Sosh'ldardosa Yirk Creshiendor.
Last edited by Koetia on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Koeshtiar esh nureshtra partishk, perlerareshmosh posh'r ellack"
"Norshsotrosa Presvarlersermons"
"Koeshtiar soshbrek tordok"

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:00 am

Heco wrote:
Blakullar wrote:Is this some war you made up, or is this the war in which one of my IS-44 supertanks single-handedly wiped out one of your armoured brigades? No mercy for the army of baguettes and "hand grenades" (actually coconuts filled with firework powder).

The war in medwed.
Where we destroyed your armies.

My recollection of that war was that you godmodded a space force from nowhere and attempted to level the entire nation with napalm. Not once did my armies actually encounter yours - and if I really wanted to I could probably lay waste to your forces anyway. You can choose to wank numbers all you wish, bear in mind that your forces are MT and I'm about to jump into FT.

Remember, all it takes to wipe out that human wave of yours is one well-placed cluster bomb!
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Novum Alexandria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novum Alexandria » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:10 am

Previously, it was large. Now it is about to jump to absurdly massive as Alexandria takes on the ambitious and morally questionable task of converting a little over 90% of the population into multi-purpose automatons.
Though, depending on how others in the region react, rebel groups might get sufficient support to halt the project.
*So long as all goes as planned-
A LEAGUE OF MECHANOCRACIES member. Loosely based on The God Machine from New World of Darkness.
Steam

Republika Srpska Party
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Republika Srpska Party » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:19 am

Active: 496,811
Reserves: 573,997
Armored Vehicles/Tanks/APCs/AFVs: 15,712
Bombers: 4,600
Stealth Fighters: 5,050
Jet Fighters: 5,000
Transport Helicopters: 3,600
Attack Helicopters: 4,987
Patrol Craft: 84
Submarines: 11
Aircraft carriers: 3 (1 is under construction)
Frigates: 20
Missile boats: 71
Corvettes: 14
Battlecruisers: 17

There.
Official Member of the Slavic Alliance
I'm an MT Nation, and handle it.
KOSOVO JE SRBIJA!.Albania's Nightmare.NATO War Crimes over Serbian People.
IATA Member
Pro: Russia, Donetsk, Serbia, Greece, Romania, China, India, Armenia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Ireland, IRA, Scottish Independence, Lugansk, North Korea, Italy, Canada, Israel, DR Congo, Spain, France, Libya, Switzerland, Kurdistan, South Africa, Angola, Algeria
Neutral: LGBT Rights, Egypt, Morocco, Belgium, Netherlands, Norway, Iran, Sweden
Anti: Ukraine, NATO, USA, Albania, Turkey, Hungary, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Independent Kosovo, UK, Palestine, Yemen, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina
-Lithuanian Gulf War - LDF Side [LDF SURRENDER]

The Leodensian Republic
Envoy

Founded: Dec 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Leodensian Republic » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Conglomerate of Iron wrote:The entire population is in the militia.

Amazona Maxima
Civilian

Founded: Jan 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazona Maxima » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:43 pm

Every woman in the country serves in the military. Men, being the scum they are, are excluded from the honor of service.
ALL HAIL WOMANKIND, MOST GLORIOUS SPECIES

Heco
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Heco » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Amazona Maxima wrote:Every woman in the country serves in the military. Men, being the scum they are, are excluded from the honor of service.

Whoa that's a bit extreme.
The Empire is strong and brave
Defcons 1=Nuclear war 2=war 3=High Alert 4=Observation 5= Peace time maintain standing military at all times 6=Evacuate Heco operation destroy in effect
CURRENT DEFCON=3
Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gNMMt0V290
Military anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys
Wars won: 10 Wars lost:1
Peace treaty:4
Do not use any 3rd party sites.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information