NATION

PASSWORD

NS Military Realism Mk. 7: NO

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:And then someone gives your insurgents Stingers.

the bastards!
Last edited by Padnak on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

The Archangel Conglomerate
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archangel Conglomerate » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Padnak wrote:the bastards!

*pockets money*
Best of luck, Padnak.
(\/)(•,,,,•)(\/)
Please, call me Arch

Nirvash Type TheEND wrote:For want of lances, the heavy equipment never reached the field.

For want of heavy equipment the platoons FOs could direct no HMGs.

For want of HMGs, the Archians had to rely on shitty fucking microcalibers.

For want of real weapons, they lost the war.

Korva
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Korva » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Padnak wrote:
Korva wrote:How so?

looking over the Mi-24s combat performances, it seems much less fragile when exposed to anything less then anti aircraft autocannons and MANPADs then most attack helicopters

It seems to suffer at the same rate as any other attack chopper. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:13 pm

Name: Orange-class Aircraft Carrier
Contractor: Thyssen Skeppsvarv AB
Operators: Gallan Royal Navy
Preceded by: Narke-class Aircraft Carrier
Cost: $4.2bn
Commissioned: 2018 (Projected)
Building: 3
In service: 0

Displacement (Light): 65,000 tons
Displacement (Loaded): 80,000 tons
Length: (Overall): 1,040 ft (317m)
Length: (Waterline): 978 ft (298m)
Beam: (Overall): 258 ft (78.5m)
Beam: (Waterline): 131 ft (40m)
Draught: 40 ft (12m)

Propulsion: Combined diesel-electric and gas (CODLAG) with maximum 238,500 shp (180 MW) driving four shafts:
  • 4x Volvo VM40 40 MW (53,000 HP) gas turbine
  • 4x Sverker Marine SD10-40M 10 MW (13,400 HP) diesel engines

Flank Speed: +33 knots (61 kmh)
Cruise Speed: 20 knots (37 kmh)
Range: 10,000 nmi at 20 knots (19,000 km)

Sensors and Countermeasures:
  • Type 350 Naval Warfare Suite
  • Type 351 Air Search Radar (S-Band; 200 nmi range)
  • Type 352 Multi-Function/Fire Control Radar (X-Band; 250 nmi range)
  • Type 354 Electronic Warfare and Countermeasures Suite
    • Type 354 High Frequency/Direction Finding (HF-K Band)
    • Type 354 Offensive Electronic Countermeasures System
    • Type 354 Directional Infrared Countermeasures (Blinding)
  • Type 355 High Frequency Active Spherical Array (Hull)
  • Type 356 Towed Torpedo Decoy (Soft Kill)
  • Type 357 Active Torpedo Destructor (Hard Kill)
  • Type 358 Electro-Optical/Infrared Sensor Mast

Armament:
  • 2x 3"/64 rapid firing cannon (port/starboard stern)
  • 1x 5"/54 deck gun (starboard bow)
  • 2x RIM-116 SeaRAM Mk 15 GMLS (port/starboard bow)
  • 2x Mk 29 Sjosparven octuple box launchers w/ 2 reloads carried (port/starboard stern)
  • 48x Mk 41 Tactical-length Vertical Launch System (starboard bow)
  • 4x Surface Vessel Torpedo Tube (port/starboard stern)

Protection:
  • Armoured flight deck rated against 2,000 lbs high explosive bomb
  • Environmentally sealed hangar/belowdecks

Complement: 822 crew; 2,000 air wing.
Aircraft: 55-65
  • Saab Sea Eagle (VA)
  • Saab Secretary (VAL)
  • Saab Sea Otter (VFA)
  • Saab Heron (VS/VAQ/VR/VAW/VQ/VAM)
  • Volvo Bee (HC/HS/HSC)
  • Saab Salamander (HSM/HSL)

picture whenever i guess cba atm it's wip

inb4whydeckguns
Last edited by Gallia- on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:58 am, edited 6 times in total.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Gallia- wrote:
inb4whydeckguns

To sweep the enemy decks before a boarding action?

To shoot allies in the back?

For those pesky small suicide boats?
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:28 pm

Cuz freedom?
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Cascadeland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cascadeland » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:51 am

Smacked LMAO????

The entire responses consisted of lengthy strawman arguments in the form of, "so if PGMs arent accurate, then why would everybody use them?", and "oh apparently we need to go back to dumb bombs, because cascadeland said PGMs are inaccurate!" and all sorts of other tomfoolery. Thats not "smacked" by any sense of the imagination. That is encountering an echo chamber.

First of all, Im not against PGMs and I've never favored going back to dumb bombs for all of a nation's bomb inventory. If you actually fucking read what I posted instead of going off half cocked, you would have seen the part about me mentioning the immense risks to dropping PGMs (which extends to dumb bombs logically, right? are you following along?) because of their large kill radius. Since typical infantry engagements are within 200 meters, especially in afghanistan, this is a problem and why the Avenger gun is advantageous. Again, tradeoffs. Welcome to reality, which is absent of silver bullets.

Then apparently it takes being a F15E SWO to know that bombs close to friendly infantry equals fratricide, despite being in a infantry unit that needed air support in afghanistan. But what the fuck would I know right? the F15E SWO would know far more about PGMs "being more effective" when bad guys are within small arms distance than us grunts. :roll:

Then there's the "oh lets attack the guys sources when they disagree with ours" despite the blog not even being the source of information. Yeah I know, this little thing called "references" to other source material. In other words, they're not made up statistics or arguments made up by the author.

Oh yes, and this gem, "somewhere saying that what you're doing is completely wrong and that they can do your job even better than you can, would you believe them? No, of course not. Even if some of their points were good, because they have nothing to back them up, they fall flat. "

Nothing to back them up? bullshit in a word. Denying evidence presented and then accusing me of not having anything to back my arguments up is a cowardly attempt to not address the point. You ignoring evidence is not the same as me not having anything to back my statements up. So the experiences of JTAC and US forces on the ground in Afghanistan are not credible sources Soodean Imperium? good to know. That lets me immediately know what I'm dealing with here.

Then "oh its okay! the air force has innumerable experts to look into this type of thing!"-appeal to authority despite the guys on the ground having far different opinions about the value of CAS, than say, an Air Force general favoring stealth bombers and the like. The Air Force sabotaging of any US Army fixed wing capability whatsoever is the most damning thing of all of this.

The ratio is lower but no sane person argues the old method was more humane

Which is not what I was arguing. At all. The argument was the usefulness of bombs for CAS and the risks that it entails, and replacing all weapons with PGMs is fundamentally flawed in every way. Especially for CAS requirements for COIN operations.

Claiming bombs are not a good CAS weapon is just nonsense.

Then go sign up, like I did, go to afghanistan, and when you are caught in a near ambush, have them drop a JDAM 1-200 yards from your position. That is what I'm talking about. CAS. Yes, not all CAS is within the luxury of long distances like ODS, which is why you have weapons that complement each other.

And the arrogance underlying the assumption that the real truth about airpower is to be found on blogs written by semi-literate luddite cranks is laughable.

Oh so the author is a luddite now? :rofl: Dear god, this is rich. Conversely, it is arrogant of you to think that only the USAF is a credible source for pretty much anything and that technology overcomes the fundamental laws of diminishing returns and the good 'ol cost spiral. More expensive = better right?

And you accusing anybody of being a luddite is also amusing due to your irrational generalization of all blogs as conspiracy theorist havens for JFK-nonsense and anything else in between. Well, gee, earth to you buddy, but this is the 21st century. Information is no longer disseminated through newspapers and NYT style publications. Blogs are turning those media outlets into obsolete anachronisms.

And english isn't his first language, so dont be an intolerant, elitist jackass.

So get over yourself. Just because someone disagrees with you is not evidence of malice or incompetence.

Get over myself? the arguments you presented have already been addressed more than once, and i wont waste any more time with them. "My" arguments are also nothing new; they're long standing problems that often stem between inter service rivalry and politics, and, when these problems have gone unaddressed for so long, that is malice and incompetence. So dont even try that bullshit with me.

Peace be upon all of you. I have no desire to sit in a self-reinforcing echo chamber of group think.
Last edited by Cascadeland on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erusuia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erusuia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:24 am

Gallia- wrote:none are remotely close

recoil based propulsion when the engine is damaged?
Glorious Erusuia Forever
Pharthan wrote:
Padnak wrote:Are there any crippling disadvantages to blasting ride of the Valkyries out of the helicopters during an air assault against hostile forces that know you're there?

Being too awesome?

Erusuia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erusuia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:27 am

Cascadeland wrote:
Smacked LMAO????

The entire responses consisted of lengthy strawman arguments in the form of, "so if PGMs arent accurate, then why would everybody use them?", and "oh apparently we need to go back to dumb bombs, because cascadeland said PGMs are inaccurate!" and all sorts of other tomfoolery. Thats not "smacked" by any sense of the imagination. That is encountering an echo chamber.

First of all, Im not against PGMs and I've never favored going back to dumb bombs for all of a nation's bomb inventory. If you actually fucking read what I posted instead of going off half cocked, you would have seen the part about me mentioning the immense risks to dropping PGMs (which extends to dumb bombs logically, right? are you following along?) because of their large kill radius. Since typical infantry engagements are within 200 meters, especially in afghanistan, this is a problem and why the Avenger gun is advantageous. Again, tradeoffs. Welcome to reality, which is absent of silver bullets.

Then apparently it takes being a F15E SWO to know that bombs close to friendly infantry equals fratricide, despite being in a infantry unit that needed air support in afghanistan. But what the fuck would I know right? the F15E SWO would know far more about PGMs "being more effective" when bad guys are within small arms distance than us grunts. :roll:

Then there's the "oh lets attack the guys sources when they disagree with ours" despite the blog not even being the source of information. Yeah I know, this little thing called "references" to other source material. In other words, they're not made up statistics or arguments made up by the author.

Oh yes, and this gem, "somewhere saying that what you're doing is completely wrong and that they can do your job even better than you can, would you believe them? No, of course not. Even if some of their points were good, because they have nothing to back them up, they fall flat. "

Nothing to back them up? bullshit in a word. Denying evidence presented and then accusing me of not having anything to back my arguments up is a cowardly attempt to not address the point. You ignoring evidence is not the same as me not having anything to back my statements up. So the experiences of JTAC and US forces on the ground in Afghanistan are not credible sources Soodean Imperium? good to know. That lets me immediately know what I'm dealing with here.

Then "oh its okay! the air force has innumerable experts to look into this type of thing!"-appeal to authority despite the guys on the ground having far different opinions about the value of CAS, than say, an Air Force general favoring stealth bombers and the like. The Air Force sabotaging of any US Army fixed wing capability whatsoever is the most damning thing of all of this.

Which is not what I was arguing. At all. The argument was the usefulness of bombs for CAS and the risks that it entails, and replacing all weapons with PGMs is fundamentally flawed in every way. Especially for CAS requirements for COIN operations.

Then go sign up, like I did, go to afghanistan, and when you are caught in a near ambush, have them drop a JDAM 1-200 yards from your position. That is what I'm talking about. CAS. Yes, not all CAS is within the luxury of long distances like ODS, which is why you have weapons that complement each other.

And the arrogance underlying the assumption that the real truth about airpower is to be found on blogs written by semi-literate luddite cranks is laughable.

Oh so the author is a luddite now? :rofl: Dear god, this is rich. Conversely, it is arrogant of you to think that only the USAF is a credible source for pretty much anything and that technology overcomes the fundamental laws of diminishing returns and the good 'ol cost spiral. More expensive = better right?

And you accusing anybody of being a luddite is also amusing due to your irrational generalization of all blogs as conspiracy theorist havens for JFK-nonsense and anything else in between. Well, gee, earth to you buddy, but this is the 21st century. Information is no longer disseminated through newspapers and NYT style publications. Blogs are turning those media outlets into obsolete anachronisms.

And english isn't his first language, so dont be an intolerant, elitist jackass.

So get over yourself. Just because someone disagrees with you is not evidence of malice or incompetence.

Get over myself? the arguments you presented have already been addressed more than once, and i wont waste any more time with them. "My" arguments are also nothing new; they're long standing problems that often stem between inter service rivalry and politics, and, when these problems have gone unaddressed for so long, that is malice and incompetence. So dont even try that bullshit with me.

Peace be upon all of you. I have no desire to sit in a self-reinforcing echo chamber of group think.

:unsure:
You didn't get smacked as much as you repeatedly smacked yourself while shouting about how great it is to the staff of the mental institution
Glorious Erusuia Forever
Pharthan wrote:
Padnak wrote:Are there any crippling disadvantages to blasting ride of the Valkyries out of the helicopters during an air assault against hostile forces that know you're there?

Being too awesome?

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:46 am

Cascadeland wrote:Smacked LMAO????

mad b/c super bad

ttyl bby
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:01 am

Cascadeland wrote:Smacked LMAO????

Tl;dr

Korva
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Korva » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:05 am

You know someone has become unhinged when they insult Soode, who was like the only person being nice to them.

But now that we know that 2000lb JDAMs are the only bombs available for CAS, ever, we must all concede defeat :O

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:36 am

Korva wrote:You know someone has become unhinged when they insult Soode, who was like the only person being nice to them.

But now that we know that 2000lb JDAMs are the only bombs available for CAS, ever, we must all concede defeat :O

If we all ignore Dragomere v2, it'll go away. Like diarrhea.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

The Soodean Imperium
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Soodean Imperium » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:56 am

Korva wrote:You know someone has become unhinged when they insult Soode, who was like the only person being nice to them.

I almost feel bad for the guy, to be honest. The human subconscious is something of a black hole at times; once someone crosses the event horizon of "I know The Truth, everyone else is less knowledgeable on the matter," there's not much hope of dragging them back, because anything you say will only reinforce that worldview.

Personally, I find solace in the Socratic assumption that it's better to not know X and be aware of it, than to not know X and think you do.
Last harmonized by Hu Jintao on Sat Mar 4, 2006 2:33pm, harmonized 8 times in total.

"In short, when we hastily attribute to aesthetic and inherited faculties the artistic nature of Athenian civilization, we are almost proceeding as did men in the Middle Ages, when fire was explained by phlogiston and the effects of opium by its soporific powers." --Emile Durkheim, 1895
Come join Septentrion!
ICly, this nation is now known as the Socialist Republic of Menghe (대멩 사회주의 궁화국, 大孟社會主義共和國). You can still call me Soode in OOC.

Roski
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Roski » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:04 am

http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8458438

Accurate breakdown of Kinetic Bombardment system or no?
I'm some 17 year old psuedo-libertarian who leans to the left in social terms, is fiercly right economically, and centrist in foriegn policy. Unapologetically Pro-American, Pro-NATO, even if we do fuck up (a lot). If you can find real sources that disagree with me I will change my opinion. Call me IHOP cause I'm always flipping.

Follow my Vex Robotics team on instagram! @3921a_vex

I am the Federal Republic of Roski. I have a population slightly over 256 million with a GDP of 13.92-14.25 trillion. My gross domestic product increases each year between .4%-.1.4%. I have a military with 4.58 million total people, with 1.58 million of those active. My defense spending is 598.5 billion, or 4.2% of my Gross Domestic Product.

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:14 am

PGM =/= bombs
Bombs =/= big bombs

So you can't safely drop a 2000lb bomb within 50 meters of friendly forces. But why can't you fire a Brimstone missile at them? Or drop a Viper Strike on them? These are also PGMs and they can be dropped from high altitude, or low altitude, or anywhere in between. Big bombs are certainly the most popular PGM, likely because they are so versatile, but they are not the only form.

I did not bash "blogs in general" but that one in particular. I've known about it for a long time, I recognized your line or argument as the one I read there. It's just a bad source. The author or authors or whatever is not well informed (the issues are not confined to just that article) and likes to play it fast and loose when constructing arguments (read: bullshits the reader) and it's not well sourced at all. Or sourced really. It's bad, and when you repeat arguments from there (apparently!) verbatim it opens you to criticism.

And I have been trying to distinguish the blogs arguments from you. For your sake. I try to distinguish between people who repeat Sparky's arguments and Sparky himself too.

I'm not taking the USAF at it's word. I am defending the consensus as I can see it. Every air force has converged on a basically similar understanding on what air operations will look like in the future: High transonic or low supersonic aircraft, with significant signature reduction and electronic warfare support, flying at altitude, finding their targets with sophisticated radar and electro-optical sensors and armed primarily with guided weapons. A low altitude, low speed, low cost, "truck" finding targets with the Mk.1 Eyeball and attacking with them guns and rockets is not being pursued by anyone anywhere and when the last A-10s and Su-25s are retired this class of aircraft will likely go the way of the dive bomber. Only COIN aircraft come close to this description (though the toughness of "true" CAS aircraft is absent reflecting the fact they are not supposed to be shot at) and they are explicitly intended for operations other than major wars.

What is true is that this is basically what the USAF has been pushing for the past thirty years. But that just shows they are good at what they do: They saw new technology was changing the way aircraft fought and they managed to draw more or less the correct conclusions about how that would change operations in the future. Maybe some people in the army (if I accept your argument) missed the memo, but so what? It is precisely because they are in the Army that they can say "damn the MANPADs/AAA/SAMs/Fighters we need more bombs!". They do. Everybody needs more bombs. But how those bombs (or missiles or shells or whatever) get there is not really their problem and the especially tricky bit (getting there and back alive) is a problem they neither think about or even show much understanding of.

So yeah, I will grant services (and arms) do not always see eye to eye. But this just about always cuts both way. The Army is no more enlightened about the requirements of air operations (or naval operations, though the serial USAF bashers tend to gloss over that the Army and Navy/USMC are just as likely to diverge so they can construct a false dichotomy of narcissistic flyboys vs everybody else. And of course this is equally true in every country.) as the air force is about ground operations.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Aelarus
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelarus » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:27 am

Cascade, why do you hate on the USAF so much? It's not like they are so distanced from the Army compared to the USAAF.

When the United States entered World War II, the Army in effect divided itself and reorganized into three autonomous components: Army Air Forces, Army Ground Forces, and Army Service Forces. So the idea that creation of the USAF also created a sharp break of some bond with the Army’s ground forces is simply not true. The separation of ‘air’ and ‘ground’ started before WWII and the separation was just moved one step up on the command chain in 1947.
A Reference Guide to Me:
"Personal Freedom comes at a Price."
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5] All is well.

1. I respect everyone until convinced to do otherwise.
  2. I have preferences to topics:
    • Military.
    • Nep.
    • Art.
  3. Feel free to TG me if you like. I'm never on, but who knows? I might respond.

Zakennayo!

Rykshino
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rykshino » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:16 am

Would it be feasable to have a Regiment commanded by a Major General (the lowest general rank in Rykshino)? In the Soviet rank structure, a Regiment is commanded by a Colonel. However Rykshino's Regiments are significantly larger than Soviet Regiments (5 manouvering battalions, 1 artillery and 1 rocket battalion plus 4 support battalions) and Rykshino has no division or larger operational units.

Because of the expanded size, a Battalion would be commanded by a regular Colonel, and the Regiment commanded by a Major General.

The Higher General ranks would be Lieutenant General, used for the three joint-service Military Districts and higher-level military schools + academies, Colonel General, reserved for the Minister of Defence and Chief of Staff and General of the Army, reserved for the President.

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:32 am

Rykshino wrote:Would it be feasable to have a Regiment commanded by a Major General (the lowest general rank in Rykshino)? In the Soviet rank structure, a Regiment is commanded by a Colonel. However Rykshino's Regiments are significantly larger than Soviet Regiments (5 manouvering battalions, 1 artillery and 1 rocket battalion plus 4 support battalions) and Rykshino has no division or larger operational units.

Because of the expanded size, a Battalion would be commanded by a regular Colonel, and the Regiment commanded by a Major General.

The Higher General ranks would be Lieutenant General, used for the three joint-service Military Districts and higher-level military schools + academies, Colonel General, reserved for the Minister of Defence and Chief of Staff and General of the Army, reserved for the President.

Yes.
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:34 am

Why is there a flat-earther in this thread?

Also when you feel game, try posting off your main account instead of hiding behind your puppet.
Last edited by Vitaphone Racing on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

Immoren
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Immoren » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:35 am

Vitaphone Racing wrote:Why is there a flat-earther in this thread?

They fell from the edge of their world.
IC Flag Is a Pope Principia
discoursedrome wrote:everyone knows that quote, "I know not what weapons World War Three will be fought, but World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones," but in a way it's optimistic and inspiring because it suggests that even after destroying civilization and returning to the stone age we'll still be sufficiently globalized and bellicose to have another world war right then and there

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:48 am

Cascadeland wrote:The Air Force, especially the F-X lobby, held a low opinion of the F16 because it threatened the would-be F15 for the title of "air superiority fighter". That is why the F16 was shifted to the "multi-purpose aircraft role" (which conveniently made it more expensive) delegating it into a de facto light bomber/ground support aircraft, which was idiotic considering the F15 was technically superior for this task with its larger payload, and the F16s agility and aerodynamics making it the ideal "air superiority fighter"(keep in mind, the A10 is better than BOTH for close ground support). Ugly DOD politics. Israel figured this out though, and did the opposite of the USAF with the two aircraft.

I highlighted some stuff here that's wrong, because I don't think anybody else pointed it out and I'd hate to see you get points on the house. Can I explain them to you without making you mad?
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:43 am

Oaledonia wrote:

If we all ignore Dragomere v2, it'll go away. Like diarrhea.

He's not Dragomere 2.0. Dragomere would be incapable of posts that extensive.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information