NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation [NO MECHS] Tranche 7

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:32 pm

The Kievan People wrote:That hardly compels you to use a carousel autoloader.

Right, I know that, which is why my military is, slowly, phasing their T-64s and T-84 Oplots in favor of Black Eagles.
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

"Communism was a mistake" ~ (((((((((Karl Marx)))))))))
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:45 pm

Black Eagle was a cool design.
Restore the Crown

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:46 pm

And that is good.

Retrofitting a smaller bustle to a T-64 is quite possible though. Both Russia and Ukraine have demonstrated this.

You could also try using the Standard Turret, probably the most interesting Russian tank project that never went anywhere. It is derived from the Black Eagle turret, but was intended to be compatible with every Russian tank from the T-55 onwards. The case for it was good, thousands of tanks in Russia and abroad could potentially have been brought to near-modern standards using a common set of components, but the Omsk bureau never catches a break.

As an NS upgrade it is basically perfect. It was even designed to be compatible with a larger and more powerful gun, should the need have arisen.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:49 pm

The Kievan People wrote:And that is good.

Retrofitting a smaller bustle to a T-64 is quite possible though. Both Russia and Ukraine have demonstrated this.

You could also try using the Standard Turret, probably the most interesting Russian tank project that never went anywhere. It is derived from the Black Eagle turret, but was intended to be compatible with every Russian tank from the T-55 onwards. The case for it was good, thousands of tanks in Russia and abroad could potentially have been brought to near-modern standards using a common set of components, but the Omsk bureau never catches a break.

As an NS upgrade it is basically perfect. It was even designed to be compatible with a larger and more powerful gun, should the need have arisen.

Holy fuck. That turret is awesome.

I could mount these on my T-84s as well, I assume?

Questers wrote:Black Eagle was a cool design.

This guy knows what's cool.
Secularism, restricted immigration policy, against affirmative action, voter ID laws, gun rights, democracy, free-market capitalism, egalitarianism, nationalism, and lastly, Rhodesia > Zimbabwe

Political Compass:
"On the other hand, and let's face it, there's always another hand, unless you're a Saudi Arabian shoplifter of course, hurt feelings can be quite traumatic. I've heard that it can take seconds, sometimes even minutes, to get over it" ~ Pat Condell

"Communism works only in heaven, where they don't need it, and in hell, where they've already got it." ~ Ronald Reagan

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:57 pm

You could.

I think they even contemplated adapting to foreign tanks. Like the M60.
RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Talk of these advanced tanks makes me feel inadequate.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:09 pm

The Kievan People wrote:You could.

I think they even contemplated adapting to foreign tanks. Like the M60.

Sweet!

Alright. So by mounting the standard turret onto my fleet of T-84s and T-64s I have effectively modernized my tank fleet, have eased the strain on my logistics units due to parts commonality, and have the ability to use longer KEPs due to the new autoloader (I'm actually designing a not!M829 right now :lol2: ). Plus I have the additional benefit of being able to upgun them if I ever need to.

This is really great for me. Krazakistan shall be very stronk now. :twisted:
Last edited by Krazakistan on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Political Compass:

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:16 pm

*notices talks about the Black Eagle*

I'm actually thinking of the Russia of my setting, selling it's T-90's to their ally, a coalition of Middle Eastern Countries, and the China/North Korea equivalent while replacing the PT90's with the Black Eagle.

I am guessing this will be a horrible mistake and I should do a switch on that.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:16 pm

So, what do you guys think would about be the maximum penetration a 125mm GLATGM could get (seeing how far above the refleks I could get for my T-80UM's)?

Edit: I know Ukraine has one that gets 950mm penetration, so I guess I'm actually seeing if any can beat that.
Last edited by United Marxist Nations on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Padnak
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:23 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:*notices talks about the Black Eagle*

I'm actually thinking of the Russia of my setting, selling it's T-90's to their ally, a coalition of Middle Eastern Countries, and the China/North Korea equivalent while replacing the PT90's with the Black Eagle.

Space putin

if that doesn't happen I'll be very disappointed in you
"มีใบมีดคมและจิตใจที่คมชัด!"
Have a sharp blade, and a sharper mind!
Need weapons for dubious purposes? Buy Padarm today!
San-Silvacian: Aug 11, 2011-Mar 20, 2015
Inquilabstan wrote:It is official now. Padnak is really Cobra Commander.

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Husseinarti wrote:Powered Borscht.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

Immoren wrote:Again we've sexual tension that can be cut with a bowie.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Padnak wrote:
Zeinbrad wrote:*notices talks about the Black Eagle*

Space putin

if that doesn't happen I'll be very disappointed in you

Maybe.

I will have to guess what Putin would do if he's in charge of a interstellar Human empire which only threats are weak nations.
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:So, what do you guys think would about be the maximum penetration a 125mm GLATGM could get (seeing how far above the refleks I could get for my T-80UM's)?

Edit: I know Ukraine has one that gets 950mm penetration, so I guess I'm actually seeing if any can beat that.

1100mm would be plausible with the most modern SC warheads.
RIP
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
Leopard 2 IRL

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Maybe.

I will have to guess what Putin would do if he's in charge of a interstellar Human empire which only threats are weak nations.

he'll have to do lots of manly space things

ride space bears, clime space mountains

you know

Bezombia wrote:It was about this time that Padnak slowly realized that the thread he thought was about gaming was, in fact, an eight story tall crustacean from the protozoic era.

Because cosmonauts should never think that even in the depths of space they are free from the Soviet Union.

The Kievan People wrote:As usual, this is Padnak's fault, but we need to move on.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:32 pm

The Kievan People wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:So, what do you guys think would about be the maximum penetration a 125mm GLATGM could get (seeing how far above the refleks I could get for my T-80UM's)?

1100mm would be plausible with the most modern SC warheads.

How good is that? I'll go with it, but if I ever RP, I should probably know what kinds if things I should expect it to penetrate.

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:33 pm

You probably couldn't frontally penetrate the typical lolarmored NS tank, but against almost anything else that would probably be sufficient

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Padnak wrote:You probably couldn't frontally penetrate the typical lolarmored NS tank, but against almost anything else that would probably be sufficient

Don't take thus the wrong way, but you are the guy who wanted to pull a 200,000 lbs bomb behind a plane in a glider. Think I might want a second opinion. :?

Padnak
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Padnak » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:39 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Padnak wrote:You probably couldn't frontally penetrate the typical lolarmored NS tank, but against almost anything else that would probably be sufficient

Don't take thus the wrong way, but you are the guy who wanted to pull a 200,000 lbs bomb behind a plane in a glider. Think I might want a second opinion. :?

Is that descent that I'm sensing...

But really, it was two in the morning.

Krazakistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Krazakistan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:40 pm

Made a APFSDS round. All advice and critique welcome since I don't fully know what I'm doing to be honest. :T

M125 APFSDS (Couldn't think of a name so I gave it that)

Not to scale

Penetrator: DU

Projectile length: 780mm

Muzzle velocity: 1,500 m/s

Penetration at 2,000m: 820mm RHA

Political Compass:

CANT STUMP THE TRUMP

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:41 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:

He is essentially correct. The problem is no one has ever fired the various tank guns at the various tanks in actual combat. Most people agree that the western guns could take out the eastern tanks, and that two piece ammo made it harder for eastern tanks to take out western tanks with APFSDS, though HEAT was agreed to still probably be workable.

You however have solved the main problem with the two piece ammo and gotten penetrations over that of those that were bad. The big thing to remember is penetration isn't binary and that it is conditional on a lot of things.

Padnack is generally relatively aware of reality, he just has an obsession with big bombs.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Don't take thus the wrong way, but you are the guy who wanted to pull a 200,000 lbs bomb behind a plane in a glider. Think I might want a second opinion. :?

He is essentially correct. The problem is no one has ever fired the various tank guns at the various tanks in actual combat. Most people agree that the western guns could take out the eastern tanks, and that two piece ammo made it harder for eastern tanks to take out western tanks with APFSDS, though HEAT was agreed to still probably be workable.

You however have solved the main problem with the two piece ammo and gotten penetrations over that of those that were bad. The big thing to remember is penetration isn't binary and that it is conditional on a lot of things.

Padnack is generally relatively aware of reality, he just has an obsession with big bombs.

Alright then; that would seem to bring the T-80 variants I plan on using up to speed with more modern tanks. Thank you guys ( that includes you, Padnak).

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:55 pm

Krazakistan wrote:

Well outside of the bounds of reality.

http://www.longrods.ch/perfcalc.php
Restore the Crown

Saphirasia
Senator

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saphirasia » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Krazakistan wrote:Made a APFSDS round. All advice and critique welcome since I don't fully know what I'm doing to be honest. :T

M125 APFSDS (Couldn't think of a name so I gave it that)

(Image)
Not to scale

Penetrator: DU

Projectile length: 780mm

Firstly, the penetrator seems too thick for its length. You want somewhere in the 30-40:1 range. Also, for the velocity, that's awfully high penetration.
Vitaphone Racing wrote:You can do some really incredible stuff in your kitchen. And I'm talking more than just a phenomenal sandwich.

Shanix wrote:Somepony really took the time of their MLP to do life?

Olthar wrote:I prefer "I Came, I Saw, I Came Again."

Rupudska wrote:Except Nightkill, of course. Nightkill has obtained a level of badassery where his pants depart his legs of their own accord.

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:...then how did you get 1TB of pony in about an hour, maybe less?

I have fast hands.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)

Saphirasia
Senator

Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saphirasia » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Gallia- wrote:it could perhaps be possible if it were moving >2 kps

That's my point. 1.5kps is fairly low for modern APFSDS.
Vitaphone Racing wrote:You can do some really incredible stuff in your kitchen. And I'm talking more than just a phenomenal sandwich.

Shanix wrote:Somepony really took the time of their MLP to do life?

Olthar wrote:I prefer "I Came, I Saw, I Came Again."

Rupudska wrote:Except Nightkill, of course. Nightkill has obtained a level of badassery where his pants depart his legs of their own accord.

Saphirasia wrote:
Soxastan wrote:...then how did you get 1TB of pony in about an hour, maybe less?

I have fast hands.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)

Gallia-
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gallia- » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:11 pm

Saphirasia wrote:
Gallia- wrote:it could perhaps be possible if it were moving >2 kps

That's my point. 1.5kps is fairly low for modern APFSDS.

It's actually typical.

Only older APFSDS tend to go above 1.5 kps.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information