NATION

PASSWORD

Military Ground Vehicles of Your Nation [NO MECHS] Tranche 7

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:27 pm

Ardoki wrote:
Stahn wrote:
The Merkava is proven in battle, the Leopard 2 is not. I think the Leopard might be better in a tank vs tank engagement but the Merkava IV would be more effective against infantry. The Merkava has 2 medium and 1 heavy machine gun and a 60 mm mortar and a lot of innovative features. The Leo 2 only has 2 medium machine guns. Later models of the Leo 2 seem more advanced to me.

Yeah, thank you.

I probably need an mbt which is good against both other tanks and infantry, as I might face a variety of opponents. I'll do some research on those two tanks.

Thanks again. :)

Well it seems to me that pretty much all modern MBTs will kill whatever they hit with one shot, including other MBTs. It's just a case of who shoots first.
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Ardoki wrote:Yeah, thank you.

I probably need an mbt which is good against both other tanks and infantry, as I might face a variety of opponents. I'll do some research on those two tanks.

Well it seems to me that pretty much all modern MBTs will kill whatever they hit with one shot, including other MBTs. It's just a case of who shoots first.

I think I'll probably choose the Leopard 2A7+ as Ardoki's main MBT.

Thanks guys. :)
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Stahn
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Stahn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:35 pm

Yukonastan wrote:
Stahn wrote:
The Merkava is proven in battle, the Leopard 2 is not. I think the Leopard might be better in a tank vs tank engagement but the Merkava IV would be more effective against infantry. The Merkava has 2 medium and 1 heavy machine gun and a 60 mm mortar and a lot of innovative features. The Leo 2 only has 2 medium machine guns. Later models of the Leo 2 seem more advanced to me.

Wrong. The Leopard 2 has seen action in Afghanistan, Kosovo, and with Turkey against rebel insurgents.

That is true. If you consider it proven in battle because of that it is fine by me. It hasn't seen as much action as the Merkava I believe. Has the Leopard2 ever engaged in tank vs. tank warfare?

Stahn
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stahn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:43 pm

Fordorsia wrote:
Ardoki wrote:Yeah, thank you.

I am not so sure about that.

Fordorsia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordorsia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Stahn wrote:
Fordorsia wrote:

I am not so sure about that.

shh I said it so it's canon
Pro: Swords
Anti: Guns

San-Silvacian wrote:Forgot to take off my Rhodie shorts when I went to sleep.
Woke up in bitches and enemy combatants.

Crookfur wrote:Speak for yourself, Crookfur infantry enjoy the sheer uber high speed low drag operator nature of their tactical woad

Spreewerke wrote:One of our employees ate a raw kidney and a raw liver and the only powers he gained was the ability to summon a massive hospital bill.

Premislyd wrote:This is probably the best thing somebody has ever spammed.

Puzikas wrote:That joke was so dark it has to smile to be seen at night.

The Greater Luthorian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Luthorian Empire » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:53 pm

Stahn wrote:
Yukonastan wrote:
Wrong. The Leopard 2 has seen action in Afghanistan, Kosovo, and with Turkey against rebel insurgents.

That is true. If you consider it proven in battle because of that it is fine by me. It hasn't seen as much action as the Merkava I believe. Has the Leopard2 ever engaged in tank vs. tank warfare?

Has the Merkava IV?
Imperializt Russia wrote:They told me I could be anything, so I became a razor blade.

Stahn
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stahn » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:00 pm

The Greater Luthorian Empire wrote:
Stahn wrote:

Has the Merkava IV?

The Merkava IV is an upgrade of a tank that has.

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:02 pm

San-Silvacian wrote:
Mizrad wrote:
*Cough*

Miniguns aren't used on vehicles for a reason.

12 tonnes won't decrease speed that much honestly.

However 12 tonne upgrades are kinda wat, considering that most upgrades come in incriminates of a few tonnes.

250mm of armor also isn't allot for the frontal aspect either.

Not related to your stuff, but just general iiwiki formatting in general:

here is a good example

its mine too so w/e

Thank ya kind sir. The 1A2 was my version [Silverfield still did the image and write-ups just with my requests/advice so once again creds to him] so with that I solved the minigun and armor issue. However I'll have to get back to him on the weight problem though. Thanks again.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

The Greater Luthorian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Luthorian Empire » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:28 pm

Stahn wrote:
The Greater Luthorian Empire wrote:Has the Merkava IV?

The Merkava IV is an upgrade of a tank that has.

So? This whole "combat tested" stuff is asinine, clearly a Leopard 2 couldn't have handled Lions of Babylon since it never faced them ergo the Abrams is a superior tank. Unless we have something akin to Russia invading Germany and them engaging in actual armoued battles we cannot directly compare them, and even than there are so many other factors (commanders, doctrine, strategic situation, support assets, objectives of each side) that you still cannot draw direct comparisons.

The only way to truly compare tanks is to directly compare their capabilities, who has a better gun/ammo, who is better protected, who is more mobile. Even than being less armoured in certain places or storing ammo in the hull are design choices. As fun as they are NS super tanks are pretty retarded, because as a few people have said short of fighting on a completely flat plain with no cover directly comparing tanks is stupid.
Imperializt Russia wrote:They told me I could be anything, so I became a razor blade.

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:27 am

I'm 22 for 12 and I don't want this thread to hit 500 when I'm asleep, so I went ahead and made Mk 8. I will flash up the new OP later, but for now I just put all of anemos useful links in (they'll stay, though I may reformat a little. Maybe not.)
Restore the Crown

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:17 am

Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:04 pm

You da real MVP.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information